Big City Bride Reviews

Big City Bride 4
Big City Bride 5
  • Tracy

Tracy Haymaker · Married on 11/23/2019

Best Wedding Planners Ever!

Big City Bride is the premier wedding planner in the Chicago area. Their attention to detail is amazing! Their creativity is incredible! Highly recommend!!

Sent on 10/08/2019

Allie Osoba · Married on 08/17/2019

Best decision we made!

Big City Bride made our wedding day as smooth as can be. We worked with Kayla and could not have had a better experience. From coordinating our day of timeline to confirming everything with our vendors, her hard work took so much stress out of our hands. We trusted Kayla to handle anything that popped up and are so happy that we did. We had the best wedding day we could have asked for all thanks to Kayla!

Sent on 11/20/2019

Sarah · Married on 08/03/2019

Best decision I ever made!

Hiring Big City Bride as my partner in wedding planning was one of the best decisions I’ve made in my life! I’m the definition of a bride who struggles to give up control… so when I realized I needed help, I went to the best. I had interviewed a handful of companies, but always felt something was missing. From Day 1 of meeting with Kayla at BCB, I instantly felt at ease and clicked with her. Through every stage of a year of planning, Kayla was always there, took initiative, was my cheerleader, my sounding board, a shoulder to cry on when I needed to vent, and the best partner I could’ve ever asked for. She went above and beyond every step of the way. Everything was flawless from start to finish and my guests still can’t stop talking about how it was the best wedding they’ve ever been to. Now that our wedding is over, I can’t put into words how much I miss our weekly meetings and chats. BCB goes out of their way to ensure their brides not just feel like an important client, but also like part of their family. I’m beyond honored to have worked with such an amazing person and company, but even more honored to now call Kayla a lifelong friend.

Big City Bride 6
    Sent on 10/02/2019

Joshua · Married on 07/14/2018

Claire Weller from Big City Bride was amazing and went well above and beyond as our wedding planner. It’s so hard to list everything or even know where to start, but we’re definitely going to try! Overall, she was on top of everything, and always 5 steps ahead. She brought things to our attention and thought of scenarios that we didn’t even think about, and she had a lot of great ideas and helpful tips. Professional, extremely organized, and prompt, she got back to us very quickly and made sure we stayed calm, cool, and collected throughout the entire process, especially the day of the wedding. Friendly, creative, energetic, enthusiastic, charismatic, and very reliable all describe her perfectly. Claire and Big City Bride was very flexible when it came to pricing and budget, and Claire still helped as much as she could, even if it wasn’t included in the services we got. For example, she came and helped during the rehearsal, even though we hired her for the day-of wedding (above and beyond). She was a point person with all our vendors and kept everyone (us included) on time in a very professional and respectful manner. We even heard back from vendors how polite yet prompt she was throughout the night. She was very familiar with our venue and took care of everything throughout the night while remaining very responsive.

In the end, we felt it was definitely worth having a wedding planner, otherwise, things would have easily fallen apart, forgotten, and the stress would have been overwhelming. We got to focus 100% on each other, our wedding, and the fun wedding reception with absolutely no worry. We’re so happy to have had Claire with us throughout the process.

Sent on 09/10/2018

Michelle · Married on 04/21/2018

Big City Bride. How will I ever express enough gratitude for what you did for me, my husband, and our guests. More specifically, this love-post goest out to Arin Calamari. The coordinator of all coordinators, the planner of all planners. She exceeded our expectations and was an absolute dream to work with. If you are lucky (blessed) enough to work with this angel, then you will join an elite group I have affectionately named, "Arin's fan club". From start to finish, she was the absolute greatest to work with. She lifted me up through some tough times through out this process and brought out the best in me and made our wedding day more than I could have ever imagined it could be. You could absolutely feel the love she has for her job and I was comforted knowing that this was and is her passion. She treats her brides like royalty and I knew that I was always a priority. Arin, my heart is full thanks to you. OH GOODNESS, I'M CRYING AGAIN!!!! Cue the ugly cry. Thank you so much for everything. You are a forever friend. Thank you for knowing all that you know and for navigating me through this crazy process called wedding planning. I can't wait to send over pictures and videos because you know, you'll be one of the first to get them! Big City Bride- you guys are so great!! THANK YOU!

Sent on 04/23/2018

shannon · Married on 11/03/2017

Kayla was our day of wedding planner and she was amazing to work with from start to finish. Her level of responsiveness and professionalism was bar none when it came to stepping in a few weeks before the wedding. I actually called her my bridal xanax she's that good. She has a heart of gold and made it so that our wedding day was flawless. Our wedding schedule was down to the minute and everything flowed beautifully the day of the wedding with Kayla's help. She was there at every turn to make sure we were in the right place at the right time. Her assistant Caitlyn was at our venue ensuring everything came together as it was supposed to and when I saw our reception at Morgan's on Fulton for the first time I teared up with how beautiful it looked. She also brought all of our BYOB alcohol to the event, which was no easy feat to take that task off myself and my family. Both of these women made our bridal dreams come true and made it so that I could enjoy the day with my husband and soak in every minute without feeling stressed. Thanks Big City brides for being awesome and a special shout out to Kayla and Caitlyn for being so amazing at what they do!

Sent on 11/08/2017

Cat · Married on 09/16/2017

My husband and I had the wedding of our dreams this past September thanks to Big City Brides! Special thanks to our Amazing coordinator Claire Weller! She went over and beyond for us and had every little detail taken care off! They had made my wedding planning experience a breeze and I'm so sad it is over!! I spent almost 2 years planning with Claire and now that the wedding is over.. I miss her terribly! Not only did I have an amazing coordinator but I also gained a friend. She made me feel so comfortable with all the planning and she had made my dream wedding into a reality! No party size is too big for them to handle! MY wedding became the "wedding of the century" coming from family and friends and that is all thanks to Claire! LOOK NO FURTHER. If you want your dream wedding fulfilled with no stress or worries... Call big city brides and ask for CLAIRE!

Big City Bride 7
    Big City Bride 15
    Big City Bride 16
    Sent on 12/07/2017

Jodi · Married on 09/15/2017

Big City Bride really helped in creating the wedding that we were exactly looking for. While the wedding theme that we chose was not your average theme, Kayla helped us to create a vision that was exactly what we wanted (from our brain to hers)! We loved everything about BCB and we were so happy to have them execute our wedding day timeline.

We were apprehensive to pay for a planner, but looking back, I do not think we could have ever had the day we day without them. We absolutely made the right decision!

Sent on 12/18/2017

Shelby · Married on 08/26/2017

I cannot thank Kayla enough for everything she did for us to achieve the perfect wedding weekend! We were honestly blown away at her attention to detail in every aspect, her enthusiastic and professional attitude, and all of the extra effort she went through to make every moment flawless in execution. Not to mention, she was tons of fun! Every person has come up to me asking who she was and what company she worked for to help coordinate our day. I cannot imagine our weekend without Kayla. She started working with us about 3-4 weeks away from our wedding. At that point, stress and excitement is high and to have someone completely take care of last minute finalizations and details was a godsend. I did not worry about a single thing. Absolute best money we spent! I recommend Kayla and Big City Bride to every Bride and Groom!
    Shelby and Alex Krause

Sent on 12/08/2017

Patricia · Married on 09/23/2016

Big City Bride is your ace up your sleeve when it comes to planning your wedding. I worked with Claire and was completely blown away with her talent. She knew exactly my vision and brought ideas to the table that I never even thought of. Claire truly has a passion for planning weddings and parties, and she cares as much I as I did about the details. She literally becomes your confidant and best friend, all while being a master wedding planner. At no time did I feel stressed out over the wedding. Claire brings you the best most talented vendors all with in your price range. She truly wants your dream wedding to happen. The day of the wedding was flawless. There is nothing Claire and her team can't handle. If you want the best go to Big City Bride and ask for Claire!!

Sent on 03/11/2017

Amy · Married on 08/13/2016

Susan and her team are WONDERFUL to work with!!! I'm incredibly impressed with the entire team. Everyone is so friendly, hard working, and talented at what they do. I highly recommend Big City Bride as THE place to go to plan your dream wedding!

Sent on 09/13/2016

Caitlin · Married on 10/24/2015

As a bride planning for a wedding in a big city, I could not be more thankful to have Chrissy Magliano at Big City Bride helping me! We've been engaged for 8 months and our wedding is still 8 months away - not once have I felt less important than the more immediate weddings that Chrissy has had in the works. I've truly enjoyed the process of our engagement and have not felt stressed at all. To be honest, I'm not sure how anyone works a full time job and has the time to plan a wedding in Chicago (where options are endless and deadlines are tight!), so I definitely recommend a planner overall. More so than that, I recommend Big City Bride and Chrissy Magliano, because of her constant communication and how thorough she is! She's definitely got the right personality to handle a job as difficult as wedding planning must be! I will update as the process continues, but everything has been fantastic thus far!

Sent on 02/20/2015

Natalie · Married on 07/25/2015

If you want a planner who fits your budget, and has also had major experience designing, planning and executing celebrity weddings... Big City Bride is for you. Our wedding was featured in People Magazine, E! News Online and many more. We worked with the dazzling, vivacious and lovely owner, Susan. In the beginning I wanted to go it alone. Thank goodness we didn't!! Susan connected us with bakers, linen retailers and a florist that was in our budget. If you tell Susan your Big Day vision, she will make it happen. Each time we met with Susan, we felt like royalty, with a special, personal greeting sign at the BCB entrance. She met with us for hours, emailed incessantly and coordinated with all our vendors so we didn't have to!! Imagine all those last minute questions from vendors... not in your in-box. It's amazing!! On our wedding day, Susan ignited special surprises along the way. She had a rain plan ready to go for photos and the ceremony. (Luckily we didn't need it.) We were married 25 stories above the city of Chicago. Unbeknownst to me, one of our Readers was afraid of heights. Susan comforted him and he didn't miss a beat. Our DJ (one of the groomsmen) was also a little nervous and Susan was able to calm him down too. With BCB by your side, you avoid all potential wedding day hazards and can revel in your day. Problems disappear (as do fears). You don't realize how many obstacles you face trying to plan a wedding until a planner is there to ward off what could be an apocalyptic day.

Sent on 09/07/2015

Whitney · Married on 11/02/2013

Amazing team work that paid off! Susan and her team did a fabulous job working our wedding from start to finish. She was able to pull of an air wedding in 8 months (we are using our wedding footage on my talk show when we tape "I Do, Chicago Style on PBS WYCC).

They were amazing every step of the way and even gave me inside hints like leaving a note on my grooms pillow the night before the big day. If you are in Chicago or just want to see what wedding ninjas look like... Give BCB a call. To see their work play out on live television watch channel 20 in Chicago in April.

Sent on 12/17/2013

Robert · Married on 09/14/2013

Some people are lucky enough to find the job for which they have a passion and at which they are extremely good. That describes Claire Weller, wedding planner at Big City Bride. My wife and I, for our daughter's wedding, were lucky enough to find Claire. First, if you are beginning the process, looking at the budget, questioning whether you need or can afford a planner..... do not hesitate. If need be, cut corners somewhere else but going with a planner will be seen as one of your best decisions ever. In selecting a specific planner, both my wife and I sincerely believe that you could do no better then Big City Bride, and specifically Claire Weller. Simply put....the best of the best.
    From our first anxious meeting, to an elegant, flawlessly executed Chicago event, Claire was an always cheerful positive guiding force. All of the requirements were identified, the theme and style was developed, and a comfortable timeline was created. Quality vendors were recommended and in many cases were made available to us due to Claire's influence. When needed, Claire would gently nudge us to meet a deadline, or to make a tough decision. As the big day approached, and our emotions were running high, Claire was a welcomed calming voice assuring us that everything was in order, and furthermore, that she had our back, on the day of the wedding we would have no responsibilities other then to enjoy the celebration.
    While her services were invaluable in the planning of the event, I would have to say it was her role as director on the day of the wedding that I most appreciate. My wife and I were literally relaxed honored guests throughout the day as Claire quietly insured that all of the pieces of a beautiful wedding and reception, so carefully planned, came together flawlessly.
    In closing, the great ones will make it look easy. Claire Weller is extremely personable and professional. With seemingly effortless efficient, Claire gave us the wedding of our dreams.

Sent on 02/02/2014

Amy · Married on 06/15/2012

I truly don't know what I would have done without Claire the weeks before and leading up to our big day. I though I had most of the details worked out and then had our first meeting, realizing how much more needed to be done. Claire had brought so many loose ends to my attention and helped me put everything in order. When the wedding day was here, she was my rock. She was on top of everything anticipating all of my concerns and had them answered before I could could finish the sentence. She took all of my stress away and I was confident in giving her the control (which for anyone who knows me in extremely difficult to do). When an issues came about with a vendor, she went into fix it mode immediately. She even drove a few guests back to the hotel after a few too may cocktails. Above and beyond!! She was cheerful, smiling and professional throughout the entire experience. She gave me wonderful and creative ideas for my programs, layout and so much more. I could not have gotten through the day without her. Claire, thank you so much for making the biggest day of our lives absolutely perfect!! We will never forget that, and I just can't thank you enough!!!
    Amy & Jeremy Peterson

Sent on 09/21/2012
  • chris

chris · Married on 05/19/2012

Hiring Darcey Lohman from Big City Bride was hands-down the best decision in the entire wedding planning process. Our wedding was the same weekend of the 2012 NATO summit, and she made what could have been an extremely chaotic weekend completely stress-free by always being two-steps ahead of any of our needs. And I cannot tell you how many guests and vendors approached us afterwards to compliment her on her pleasant and calm demeanor. I can imagine it must be taxing to be wedding planner, but you would never know it working with Darcey – she always has a sincere and warm smile on her face and radiates with this infectious positive energy.

My husband and I were married at the Chicago Cultural Center and cannot imagine what the weekend would have looked like without Darcey. Leading up to the event, in addition to all the planning/brainstorming and logistical organization, she helped negotiate concessions with the venue due to significant changes caused by the NATO summit. The day-of she flawlessly coordinated the early arrival/set-up amongst all of our vendors, and was unbelievably attentive to our needs throughout the weekend. She was taking care of everything, everywhere! But unlike some other wedding planners of friends’ events I’ve attended, not in a “in your face, this is my show” kind of way. I really believe Darcey went above & beyond to help make our day so wonderful and memorable.

But it wasn’t just the perfect weekend that Darcey orchestrated that proved her worth – it began months ago in the planning process. My fiancé and I were anxious about planning a Chicago wedding from Philadelphia but Darcey was always available to answer any of our questions and was a wonderful source of information/recommendations. While we did not go with every single one of her vendor suggestions, I did appreciate that she was constantly aware of any budgetary concerns. The vendors we did follow her recommendation on were absolutely incredible – easy to work with, extremely talented and very professional. Whenever I was particularly stressed or nervous about something, a quick call to Darcey was all I needed to help calm me down and focus me on what was really important – being able to celebrate marrying my best friend. We knew we were in great hands and somewhere along the way Darcey became much more to us than a wedding planner – more a relationship therapist and a wedding weekend ROCKSTAR.

I understand hiring a professional planner is an investment, but would strongly recommend the services of Darcey Lohman – it will undoubtedly be the best money spent on your wedding. I consider myself a very organized person and had the benefit of several friends recommending various wedding vendors throughout the process, but even still I would not have made it through in one piece (mentally, emotionally, physically) without Darcey’s help.

Thank you Darcey & BCB!

Sent on 06/04/2012

Sarah · Married on 05/07/2011

Darcey was extremely helpful. I really don't know what I would have done without her. Because I hired Darcey, I was able to be a really relaxed laid back bride. Seriously, everybody couldn't believe that I was just hanging out the days before my wedding. She can do everything. Right before the wedding, one of the groomsman's buttons fell off and she just whipped out a kit like Mary Poppins and had it back on in seconds.

Sent on 12/23/2011

Evan · Married on 09/04/2010

Susan Cordogan and Big City Bride made our wedding (Sept. 4, 2010 at The Drake) the most amazing event that we have ever attended. We just got back from our honeymoon and we couldn’t wait to sing the praises of Big City Bride and specifically Susan Cordogan. Susan and BCB made our wedding above and beyond anything we could have ever imagined. Every person who attended our wedding keeps telling us how it was the most beautiful and wonderful wedding they have ever attended and this makes us so proud. We know that our dream wedding would never have been possible without Susan. After going through the planning process and all the events of the wedding day, I have no idea how anyone could have a smooth and enjoyable wedding without the assistance of a planner/coordinator. And if you’re going to hire a planner make sure it is Susan Cordogan (or another coordinator from BCB because our exposure to the other coordinators leads us to believe that they are equally as wonderful).

Going into the wedding planning process I was very skeptical of the value that a wedding planner could add. I didn’t think we needed to pay for a planner because I couldn’t see how they could possibly be worth the cost. Following the wedding, I feel that Susan was worth every penny and much much more. I truly believe the time and work she put into our wedding was worth much more than the cost.

Susan was so pleasant to work with throughout our wedding planning process. She made every step fun, exciting and virtually stress-free. She always made us feel like our wedding was the only wedding she was working on and that she was so excited for our big day. She became a close friend that we plan to stay in touch with in the future.

We are happy to speak to anyone who would like a personal reference. Just ask Susan to provide our contact information.

Sent on 09/23/2010

Morgan · Married on 05/16/2010

Before I got engaged, I saw no need for a wedding planner. I had my wedding mapped out in my head since I was 5 years old. I already knew what I wanted, so why did I need any help? Let me tell you, I was TOTALLY WRONG.

The minute I started working with Big City Bride, a stress was lifted from my shoulders. From day one of planning, Susan Cordogan, the company’s owner, did all the heavy lifting. She created a budget for me, (trust me, you’ll need a planner to do this for you! I had no clue how much things actually cost!), and presented me with options for venues, photographers, florists, and everything else in between. She even brought the vendors to our meetings to be interviewed, which saved me tons of time.

Susan knew my vision for my wedding from the start, so every idea she had was exactly what I was looking for. When thing got stressful, Susan calmed me down. There is something about her personality that puts a bride at ease! I never had to worry about things going wrong, because Susan fixed them immediately. I’m sure things happened that I don’t even know about, but that’s the beauty of working with her! The bride doesn’t need to deal with the normal stresses of wedding planning.

I know many of you reading this are wondering if you can afford to hire a wedding planner, and if it’s really worth the money. Let me tell you, you can’t afford NOT to hire Susan. Big City Bride is a well known name in the wedding industry. Because of this, Susan was able to get me some significant discounts on many things. I would never have been able to get these discounts on my own. Susan literally paid for herself three times over with all the money she saved us. I will be forever grateful for this!

My wedding day was simply amazing. Our wedding was the first to ever take place at Ravinia Festival in Highland Park. It was an honor to be the first couple married there, and I wouldn’t have been able to do this without Susan having inside information. Every guest in attendance told me it was the most beautiful wedding they’ve ever been to. Susan also planned my sister’s wedding, and guests there had the exact same reaction. Everyone was blown away. I can’t take an ounce of credit for that, I owe everything to Big City Bride.

Susan and the staff have honestly become like family members to us. I will forever keep in touch with her, not only because she planned the wedding of my dreams, but because I love her like a sister!! You want someone like that to be in charge of the biggest day of your life. I couldn’t recommend Susan more. I don’t know why every bride in Chicago doesn’t hire her. She’s worth every penny she charges. At one point, I asked her why she doesn’t charge more!! You won’t be disappointed with Big City Bride.

Sent on 05/29/2010

Yvonne · Married on 08/09/2008

Susan Cordogan is an amazing Wedding Coordinator! She had the vendors come to us instead of going to each one. She was fantastic to put a budget together and did not let us go over budget.
    We never dealt with any vendor problems because Susan took care of everything. I had an idea of what I wanted for our wedding and Susan surpassed my expectations in quality and elegance. I highly recommend Susan Cordogan. She is worth every penny!

Sent on 09/18/2008

Jackie · Married on 04/28/2007

Susan and Big City Bride helped to create the intimate, personalized wedding of our dreams. They took away all of the stress and allowed us to enjoy every second of our perfect day!

Sent on 01/06/2008
  • Jenna

Jenna · Married on 07/08/2017

If you are an anxious person at all, having a planner, especially Big City Bride is the WAY TO GO!!!! Whether you need a day of planner or the full enchilada, their team is there to support you. Claire Weller was our planner and I can't even imagine our wedding without her there through the whole process. She was attentive, creative, thorough, a good listener, and just everything we were hoping for. I had a lot of anxiety leading up to the day and Claire was able to keep me calm from the moment she walked in the door. Her calmness was palpable and I would've been a mess without her. Our wedding was an absolute success. Our wedding was months ago and friends and family are still talking about it. We owe it all to Claire! WE LOVE CLAIRE!

Big City Bride 17
    Big City Bride 23
    Big City Bride 24
    Sent on 12/09/2017

Alana · Married on 12/01/2007

Susan helped us to plan our dream wedding within the budget we set...and the event was spectacular.

Sent on 06/06/2008

kris · Married on 08/13/2005

everyone from big city bride was extremely detail oriented and full of helpful last minute ideas and tricks to help the day run smoothly. we really liked working with susan and chrissy.

Sent on 07/27/2007