Bhavna's Henna & Arts Reviews

Bhavna's Henna & Arts 6
Bhavna's Henna & Arts 7

Manjot Grewal · Married on 07/27/2019

Bhavna is the best!!

GO WITH HER!! Bridal henna is once in a lifetime event just like your wedding and I am beyond happy that I went with Bhavna. She is extremely talented with her work, you just have to see it and I promise no one will ever be disappointed with her work. She called me into her office for a consultation and personally drew my design in a workbook. It can't get any better than that! Even my family members and photographers/videographers were stunned by her work. I loved loved loved my bridal henna.

On top of her being super talented with her designs, she is such an easy person to get along with. It gets hard to sit in a spot for 7+ hours; however, Bhavna helps you out throughout everything. I had my bridesmaids with me, but Bhavna was also there to feed me water, help me sit/get up.. she even drove me and my girls to get us ice cream for our henna photoshoot!

Sent on 08/20/2019

Bhavna's Henna & Arts's reply:

Thank you for such a lovely review, I had fun creating your design. Can't wait to see pictures from your photoshoot and the wedding.
  • Sona

Sona Chaudhry · Married on 06/15/2019

Amazing experience from start to finish!

Hiring Bhavna to do my bridal henna was the best decision!!
    From the very first meeting, I was so impressed. I had no idea how much effort and planning she puts into each Henna design until my initial design consult with her - she truly makes the henna design process so meaningful and personal. She incorporated elements from my life story into the design which made the design so sentimental.

She is professional, yet so sweet and easy to work with. She is genuine, easy to talk to, and it is clear how much she cares about the happiness of her brides. She is a truly talented artist and her planning and effort really shows in her Henna design. Thank you Bhavna for an amazing experience!! I got sooooo many compliments on my Henna!

Sent on 07/17/2019

Bhavna's Henna & Arts's reply:

Aww thank you Sona I really enjoy personalizing the henna and the experience. Henna application should be a stress free, therapeutic and self care experience. I try my best to give each bride that. Thank you so much for writing a wonderful review.

Renuka · Married on 05/31/2019

Beautiful Mehndi

Bhavna is a consummate professional and extremely talented artist. She created a beautiful and traditional design for my mehndi that included lots of hidden references to my husband. It turned out absolutely beautiful. Throughout my wedding, everyone kept asking to see my hands and feet because they could not get over how beautiful the stain turned out. I'm so grateful to have found Bhavna and would recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 06/14/2019
    Bhavna's Henna & Arts 8
    Bhavna's Henna & Arts 9

Bhavna's Henna & Arts's reply:

Thank you for such a wonderful review. You followed my aftercare to the T that's why you got an amazing stain.

Maya · Married on 04/12/2019

Not Enough Words for her Talent!!

Bhavna had done henna for my sisters wedding almost 5 years ago, and when it came time for me to pick a henna artist for my own wedding this past April, I knew that I couldn't have anyone but her. There are no words to describe how amazing she is! Her talent speaks for itself, but aside from that, she is one of the most caring and genuine people I've met.
    She began with a small prayer before starting the henna and was unbelievably helpful throughout the entire process. Feeding me, and making sure I stayed hydrated, she always made sure I was comfortable.
    I was so excited to see the artwork she had come up with while incorporating the many elements (including batman and the taco bell symbol) I wanted to have in my henna. Watching her draw out these elements with such detail, precision, & passion was admiring.
    Once she was finished, she gave me a little goodie bag which included wraps for the henna so I could sleep at night, and an amazing balm. I continued to use it until it was done because it was so moisturizing!
    Overall, I would recommend Bhavna 100 times over to anyone looking for a henna artist.

Sent on 06/12/2019

Bhavna's Henna & Arts's reply:

Thank you Maya, your words are so thoughtful. I appreciate it you taking the time to write me a review.

Sonam Dua · Married on 03/23/2019

What an artist!

Bhavna is an AMAZING artist! Not only is she extremely professional but also very personable. As many know, bridal henna can take a very long time and when you are sitting for that long, many things can feel uncomfortable. Bhavna makes sure that you are comfortable and offers a hand in any way that is needed, and trust me, its needed. Not only did the henna come out absolutely perfectly but the time spent with Bhavna was a ton of fun! She is truly awesome and her work is beyond amazing.

Sent on 04/03/2019

Bhavna's Henna & Arts's reply:

Aww, thank you Sonam, you are too kind. I appreciate you taking the time to write me a lovely review.
  • Kiran

Kiran · Married on 12/08/2018

Simply Amazing

I booked Bhavna for my mehndi over a year in advance of my wedding based on several recommendations. From my first communications with her, I could tell that she was going to be great to work with. If she wasn't available to get back to me right away, she would always acknowledge my communication and let me know that she would get back to me. She answered all my questions and was very flexible. I would recommend to take advantage of the consultation. It was so amazing to be able to have so much input into the beautiful artwork she created. Every time I saw someone during the wedding, they were so intrigued by my mendhi. I had this masterpiece on my arms and feet that had so many special meanings. Our families were especially touched by the hidden gems she put in for our parents and even my husband, cat, and dog. The process of the mendhi was time consuming (9 hours), but Bhavna made me so feel so comfortable. She talked me through all my nerves and was a pleasure to be around. She made this awesome care package for me. Everyone was super impressed by her art and the sample pictures that I have seen, the stain looked amazing. I had a second wedding the following weekend, I followed all her instructions and the stain still looked beautiful. I can't thank her enough for the amazing experience.

Sent on 12/18/2018
    Bhavna's Henna & Arts 21
    Bhavna's Henna & Arts 22
    Bhavna's Henna & Arts 23

Bhavna's Henna & Arts's reply:

Thank you Kiran, for a wonderful review and I truly enjoyed creating your super intricate design. I am so glad your henna was appreciated by friends and family.

Richa Sahai · Married on 11/24/2018

Beautiful and Professional Bridal Mehndi

Words cannot describe how talented Bhavna is, she is an amazing artist, kind and genuine. She was so patient, professional, and went above and beyond to ensure I was comfortable throughout the whole mehndi application process. All my family and wedding guests were so impressed by the Radha Krishna wedding design and all the small details in the mehndi. She is very responsive and shared the mehndi photos with me shortly after she was done. She is the best in the entire DC area and I would highly recommend her to every bride.

She was also very honest and we appreciate that she also applied my Moms mehndi because she had some additional time from the contract. We hope to work with her again in the future! Best of luck in 2019!

Sent on 01/06/2019

Bhavna's Henna & Arts's reply:

Thank you Richa, for taking the time to write a wonderful review. Appreciate every word. Thank you for the wishes for 2019.

Mamta · Married on 10/27/2018

Mamta's Wedding

Bhavna was hands down fantastic to work with! My family and I absolutely LOVED working with Bhavna and we would highly recommend Bhavna!!
    I was so nervous and stressed out about my wedding and to make matters worse, right before my bridal henna was about to start I was dealing with a wedding crisis, which made the task of getting my bridal henna done seem so very daunting (sitting for 8+ hours, not being able to complete the last min wedding shopping, having people hover over me and etc.)
    Bhavna saw how stressed out and anxious I was, and she immediately sprung to action. She was able to calm me down by talking about things outside of the wedding like my puppies, what are their names, what did I think of the sketches that she sent me etc. Throughout the entire process of getting my bridal henna done Bhavna was so patient and so sweet to work with! Bhavna did not complain at all about my family hovering over us, or the videographer and the photographer asking for various shots or poses etc. She smiled and continued with drawing out all the intricate details about my bridal henna!
    Everyone absolutely LOVED the custom design and details of my bridal heena! My friends and family could not stop raving about how precise and accurate Bhavna was able to portray my puppies in my bridal henna! She was even able to capture some of their personalities! Along with the puppies, Bhavna made sure to capture all the other details (which were discussed months in advance) that were important to my family, my fiancé and I, and it was an absolute fantastic experience to find the find these hidden design pieces and relive the stories and discuss the meaning behind them. Through Bhavna’s design, I was able to incorporate symbols that are associated with my grandparents, which made me feel like even though they are not here, they were still with me and they were part of a very important day of my life. Thank you Bhavna again for all your help! You were such a pleasure to work with! : ) Cannot wait to work with you again!

Sent on 11/06/2018

Bhavna's Henna & Arts's reply:

Aww, Thank you Mamta, doing your design was an absolute pleasure and a challenge as I had never drawn dogs before and your family was very sweet. I appreciate you taking the time to write such a beautiful review for me.
  • Deepa

Deepa · Married on 10/14/2018

Deepa + Brian Wedding 10.14.18

When it comes to Henna, Bhavna is in a league of her own. She is seriously one of the most talented people I have ever met. Her designs are incredibly detailed and so thoughtful. She takes the time to get to know the couple so she can hide meaningful details in the Henna. She takes her work seriously and she is very meticulous. Henna takes a long time, and the best is that she is also such a pleasure to get to know and talk to, which means time passes by quickly. You would be lucky to have Bhavna do your Henna.

Sent on 11/24/2018

Bhavna's Henna & Arts's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a lovely review. Appreciate it. It was a pleasure doing your design.

Molly · Married on 10/06/2018

Amazing and so talented!

Bhavna is so talented and pleasant to work with-- she made my first mendhi experience an absolute dream! I was nervous about having to sit for so long going into my 8+ hours of bridal henna, but with company like Bhavna and her warm, endearing presence, I felt so relaxed and tension-free the whole time. It was magical and almost transformative-- it's so hypnotic watching her work. I am enamored with Bhavna's designs and her ability to scale her vision to fit on the body; I have really skinny arms, yet she fit so much on them! Many people at our wedding were absolutely amazed with my henna and had never seen anything like it before. I was honored to wear Bhavna's designs and I love the way she modernizes the tradition of henna while still honoring the craft. She is so knowledgable about the history and culture of henna-- I would recommend asking her to tell you about it while she works on you. She really thinks globally and her knowledge and skill are reflected in her art. Thank you so much Bhavna for the incredible experience!! I felt so beautiful on my wedding day because of your art!

Sent on 10/19/2018

Bhavna's Henna & Arts's reply:

Thank you so much Molly, it was my pleasure to do your henna. Loved the design I did for you. And yes henna is such a peaceful art that it relaxes and almost feels hynotic to watch.

Archana · Married on 08/18/2018

Bhavna is a very professional and TALENTED henna artist! Her work is just amazing, and both my family/friends and I were just amazed by her work! Bhavna is the true meaning of perfection! During our consultation she really took the time to get to know me to incorporate my interests in my henna design, and made sure that I was completely happy! She is a kind-hearted person, and I highly recommend her services! Thank you so much for everything, Bhavna!

Sent on 09/17/2018

Bhavna's Henna & Arts's reply:

You are very welcome. It was a pleasure doing your henna.
  • Preet

Preet · Married on 07/28/2018

Bhavna did the most amazing job for my daughter's bridal henna! All our guests were blown away by Bhavna's stunning designs and her team did an excellent job at our sangeet. Highly highly recommend her and her team, they are talented, very professional, and an absolute pleasure to work with!

Sent on 08/06/2018

Bhavna's Henna & Arts's reply:

Thank you aunty ji, it was a pleasure to work with you and your family.

Amina · Married on 07/07/2018

Bhavna was truly amazing to work with. I was not local, and she got on video chat with me and we talked about the kind of design I wanted. She created a design and e-mailed the sketch to me for approval. The day of, she showed up early, set up, and was ready to go! She not only did IMMACULATE and AMAZING henna, she also braided my hair for me so it wouldn't be a mess for the backyard BBQ my family had planned for the night! I cannot compliment Bhavna enough - she is one of a kind and I would not hesitate to hire her again! Someone from Bhavna's team also came on our Mehndi night and did henna for guests and everyone raved about her as well - I'm not sure of her name but if you contact Bhavna she'll know :)

Sent on 07/17/2018
    Bhavna's Henna & Arts 24
    Bhavna's Henna & Arts 25

Bhavna's Henna & Arts's reply:

Thank you Amina it was my pleasure working with you and creating your design based on your story. And yes everyone on my team is an amazing artist.

Shruti · Married on 06/12/2018

Let me start off by saying that Bhavna was the first call I made as soon as my Wedding date was fixed. She came highly recommended by everyone I spoke to, and when i saw some of her designs online, I just had to reach out. Getting my Bridal Henna + family and friends henna done by Bhavna was one of the best decisions made during wedding planning. She is amazingly talented, hardworking, professional and a joy to work with.

Getting henna was an experience, it was not a one time "task" I had to check off my list, my favorite part was how Bhavna took the time to learn my story and customize design elements to make this so so meaningful to Shrey and me. Her patience and eye for detail is unbelievable. What just adds to it all is her positive attitude, happy soul and just overall energy.

Bhavna made this such a beautiful experience for me and my family. I've been ecstatic reliving the stories hidden in my design and so happy it's been captured forever in pictures

Sent on 07/02/2018

Bhavna's Henna & Arts's reply:

Thank you for such a lovely review, your words brought me immense joy. It was a pleasure doing henna for you and both side of the families.
  • Nikita

Nikita Desai · Married on 06/09/2018

Bhavna is the best in the area!

Bhavna is a truly talented artist and an absolutely lovely person! I told everyone this as they complimented my mendhi - she was the first vendor I booked for the wedding. Even before the venue!!

I can't recommend her enough. She really took time to talk through the consultation with me, even though I completely trusted her and didn't feel too particular about design. She gave great guidance and had some really creative ideas to include in the design to incorporate the backstory and my husband's family. Her work speaks for itself. It's incredibly intricate and very clearly the work of an artist. In addition to all of that, she is such a sweet, wonderful, but assertive person, which is all great to have in the days before a wedding and at Desi wedding events! She comes prepared and also well-versed in making sure guests do not accidentally mess up the mendhi in the drying process while they are all greeting the bride - a difficult but necessary task!! She was very patient with me as well as I started to get very ansty and had a hard time sitting in one spot for 6+ hours! She was kind and accommodating though of my comfort while also making sure the mendhi itself got done. I can't say enough great things about Bhavna!

Sent on 10/31/2018
    Bhavna's Henna & Arts 26
    Bhavna's Henna & Arts 27

Hi Nikita,
    Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. Appreciate every word.Loved creating your custom design for you.

Nammi · Married on 05/26/2018

Bhavna is beyond amazing, she was one of my favorite vendors to work with and she was so much more than a vendor. On our first consultation she invited me to have dinner with her family since I could only schedule the meeting during the week at 7pm and she was so warm and welcoming. She is beyond organized which is such a rarity with Desi vendors and that alone removed so much stress from the planning process. She took the time to sketch out the design and used the information on my intake sheet along with questions about my husband and I in order to come up with some great ideas.
    On the day of the actual henna she was on time and so prepared; my friends said they had never seen an artist who was that skilled, professional and prepared. Bhavna was also able to assist me in hiring one of her assistants to travel to my Mehendi night party in PA and that was such a releif as there are hardly any artists in my area.
    Please do not waste your time by researching other people; the amount of compliments and oohhhs and ahhhs I received were countless, Bhavna takes great pride in her work and she is such a kind, warm and funny person. She is truly an artist and I loved working with her throughout the entire process.

Sent on 07/06/2018

Bhavna's Henna & Arts's reply:

Thank you Nammi for such a wonderful review, I am smiling from ear to ear. It was my pleasure to do your henna.

Rhea · Married on 05/11/2018

Bhavna is an amazing artist! She was one of the first vendors that I hired for my wedding and I am so grateful that she was available to do my mehndi. My parents have known Bhavna for years, so her kindness and professionalism came as no surprise to me. She thoroughly took the time to understand what I was looking for and talk me through the process. Bhavna first sent me an in-depth questionnaire to determine what I would like my henna design to include. Then, she set up a video chat to go over everything as I was not able to meet with her in person. She also made sure to keep me updated as my design was being completed. She kept me very happy, calm, and entertained as she was doing my mehndi and it turned out better than I could have imagined! Her colleagues also did an excellent job on my bridesmaids and friends. I would highly recommend Bhavna to any bride - she is awesome!!

Sent on 07/13/2018

Bhavna's Henna & Arts's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time for leaving me a wonderful review I appreciate it a lot.

Swathi · Married on 04/27/2018

My mother first met Bhavna at a friend’s mehndi night, and once I got engaged, she immediately informed me to talk to Bhavna and book her as soon as possible for my own wedding. This was definitely one of the best decisions I made throughout the process of wedding planning. Bhavna is a consummate professional, but at the same time, warm, friendly and caring. She worked closely with me during consultations to create a custom design reflecting my husband and my favorite cities and our shared love for music, as well as including South Indian motifs to reflect my heritage. She is a talented artist who meticulously takes time to make sure her designs reflect the client’s vision. Her aftercare tips are spot on as well, and my henna stain was perfect by the day of the wedding. However, the real treat was meeting her in person and having a 5 hour long wonderful conversation while she was applying my henna. It was as if we were old friends! Even my family and friends had nothing but compliments for Bhavna. I highly recommend Bhavna to anyone getting engaged, married, or having any other special occasion in their life!

Sent on 06/26/2018

Bhavna's Henna & Arts's reply:

Thank you so much for such a wonderful review. It was my pleasure to do your henna.

Sohani · Married on 04/27/2018

Bhavna is truly an amazing artist. From the moment I saw her work, I was enamored by her beautiful designs. In person, she is extremely professional, kind, and attentive to detail. I was extremely lucky to book her for my bridal henna and I was in awe of the design she created for me. She is very detail oriented, giving my a questionnaire beforehand to ensure that the design incorporated everything I wanted and avoided anything I did not. I was unable to meet with her for a consultation beforehand, but I was still blown away by her final design. The fact that the translation from paper to my hands/arms + feet was astonishing to watch! I would highly recommend her to anyone and I hope I am able to use her again in the future!

Sent on 05/03/2018

Bhavna's Henna & Arts's reply:

Thank you so much Sohani for writing a lovely review , appreciating me and your generous tip. It was a pleasure to create your design.

Sohani · event on 04/23/2018

Sent on 05/15/2018

Bhavna's Henna & Arts's reply:

Thank you Sohani for such a wonderful review. Truly appreciate it.

Anjani · Married on 04/20/2018

Bhavna was so wonderful to work with! She is exceptionally talented and very professional. She did my wedding henna and for my bridesmaids too. I love that she did a consult with me beforehand to help me customize a design that was unique to me and my wedding. Also she is so passionate about her work and so creative, it is amazing to watch her create such elaborate designs. All my guests gave me so many compliments afterwards! I highly recommend her and would definitely request her services again for henna!

Sent on 06/21/2018

Bhavna's Henna & Arts's reply:

Thank you Anjani for such a wonderful review. Really appreciate it.

Mehak · Married on 03/27/2018

Bhavna’s is very talented. The attention to detail and her artistic ability is one that leaves the customer and their family and friends in awe. I have never seen or even heard of a henna artist who spends hours getting to know the bride and figuring out the bride’s vision for her henna. My mehendi wasn’t just a ceremony but became a personalized experience for me that was about my story and what the wedding meant for me and my fiancé. She connects with you and the conversations last hours. I was so nervous about how I would sit for hours to get my mehendi done but it turned out to be the most relaxing time. I was at ease and felt so comfortable. Her mehendi lasted over two weeks on my hands and about a month on my feet. It smells amazing and the after care instructions she provides are helpful. Also, make sure to order and buy her homemade balms! I always get extra. Not only do they moisturize well but they are so calming. She is talented beyond words. Bhavna puts love and care into her work and it shows. I wouldn’t have had anyone else do my wedding mehendi for me. Bhavna and her work are just perfect!! Thank you so much!!!

Sent on 05/05/2018

Bhavna's Henna & Arts's reply:

Thank you so much for such a wonderful review.

Amandeep · Married on 03/17/2018

Bhavana is such a imaging professional, She is truly dedicated Henna artist. Not only my wedding henna design was appreciated by all but also the intensity of color, clarity of work was beyond my expectation. She spend 3hrs for free consultation and incorporated every little item and detail in the design. i highly recommend her.

Sent on 05/16/2018

Bhavna's Henna & Arts's reply:

Thank you for a wonderful review.

Shivana · Married on 11/25/2017

Bhavna's work is phenomenal! Not only is she an expert in her field, but she truly cares about her clients. From the beginning, she worked with me to customize my henna design that was absolutely breath-taking and, on the day of the henna application, she was so caring. I have never met such a talented artist with a sincere, genuine attitude/work ethic. I am incredibly lucky to have selected Bhavna for my bridal henna and would highly recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 12/17/2017

Bhavna's Henna & Arts's reply:

Thank you Shivana for taking the time to write me a beautiful review.

Bhavini · Married on 10/07/2017

Bhavna was absolutely WONDERFUL!!! She is so passionate and puts an extreme amount of thought into her designs. I went with Bhavna because I heard great things about her, and she definitely exceeded those expectations. Bhavna consults with the bride to determine the type of design the bride likes, and then custom builds the design ahead of time for the bride to see. I was able to go through previous designs and pick out ones that I liked, which she then combined to create my perfect bridal mendhi. She also is unique in that she incorporates personal aspects of your life into your mendhi. I loved this and it made my mendhi so much more special and personalized. The henna she uses is also really good and my mendhi turned out extremely dark (almost black) which is a good sign. Bhavna was also amazing with the rest of my wedding guests- it helps that she is so sweet and lovely to talk to! I would recommend Bhavna over and over again.

Sent on 02/17/2018

Bhavna's Henna & Arts's reply:

Thank you for such a thoughtful review.