Bhavna's Henna & Arts Reviews

69 Reviews for Bhavna's Henna & Arts

69 Bhavna's Henna & Arts Reviews

Mamta · Married on 10/27/2018

Mamta's Wedding

Bhavna was hands down fantastic to work with! My family and I absolutely LOVED working with Bhavna and we would highly recommend Bhavna!!
    I was so nervous and stressed out about my wedding and to make matters worse, right before my bridal henna was about to start I was dealing with a wedding crisis, which made the task of getting my bridal henna done seem so very daunting (sitting for 8+ hours, not being able to complete the last min wedding shopping, having people hover over me and etc.)
    Bhavna saw how stressed out and anxious I was, and she immediately sprung to action. She was able to calm me down by talking about things outside of the wedding like my puppies, what are their names, what did I think of the sketches that she sent me etc. Throughout the entire process of getting my bridal henna done Bhavna was so patient and so sweet to work with! Bhavna did not complain at all about my family hovering over us, or the videographer and the photographer asking for various shots or poses etc. She smiled and continued with drawing out all the intricate details about my bridal henna!
    Everyone absolutely LOVED the custom design and details of my bridal heena! My friends and family could not stop raving about how precise and accurate Bhavna was able to portray my puppies in my bridal henna! She was even able to capture some of their personalities! Along with the puppies, Bhavna made sure to capture all the other details (which were discussed months in advance) that were important to my family, my fiancé and I, and it was an absolute fantastic experience to find the find these hidden design pieces and relive the stories and discuss the meaning behind them. Through Bhavna’s design, I was able to incorporate symbols that are associated with my grandparents, which made me feel like even though they are not here, they were still with me and they were part of a very important day of my life. Thank you Bhavna again for all your help! You were such a pleasure to work with! : ) Cannot wait to work with you again!

Sent on 11/06/2018

Bhavna's Henna & Arts's reply:

Aww, Thank you Mamta, doing your design was an absolute pleasure and a challenge as I had never drawn dogs before and your family was very sweet. I appreciate you taking the time to write such a beautiful review for me.

Molly · Married on 10/06/2018

Amazing and so talented!

Bhavna is so talented and pleasant to work with-- she made my first mendhi experience an absolute dream! I was nervous about having to sit for so long going into my 8+ hours of bridal henna, but with company like Bhavna and her warm, endearing presence, I felt so relaxed and tension-free the whole time. It was magical and almost transformative-- it's so hypnotic watching her work. I am enamored with Bhavna's designs and her ability to scale her vision to fit on the body; I have really skinny arms, yet she fit so much on them! Many people at our wedding were absolutely amazed with my henna and had never seen anything like it before. I was honored to wear Bhavna's designs and I love the way she modernizes the tradition of henna while still honoring the craft. She is so knowledgable about the history and culture of henna-- I would recommend asking her to tell you about it while she works on you. She really thinks globally and her knowledge and skill are reflected in her art. Thank you so much Bhavna for the incredible experience!! I felt so beautiful on my wedding day because of your art!

Sent on 10/21/2018

Bhavna's Henna & Arts's reply:

Thank you so much Molly, it was my pleasure to do your henna. Loved the design I did for you. And yes henna is such a peaceful art that it relaxes and almost feels hynotic to watch.

Archana · Married on 08/18/2018

Bhavna is a very professional and TALENTED henna artist! Her work is just amazing, and both my family/friends and I were just amazed by her work! Bhavna is the true meaning of perfection! During our consultation she really took the time to get to know me to incorporate my interests in my henna design, and made sure that I was completely happy! She is a kind-hearted person, and I highly recommend her services! Thank you so much for everything, Bhavna!

Sent on 09/17/2018

Bhavna's Henna & Arts's reply:

You are very welcome. It was a pleasure doing your henna.

Preet · Married on 07/28/2018

Bhavna did the most amazing job for my daughter's bridal henna! All our guests were blown away by Bhavna's stunning designs and her team did an excellent job at our sangeet. Highly highly recommend her and her team, they are talented, very professional, and an absolute pleasure to work with!

Sent on 08/06/2018

Bhavna's Henna & Arts's reply:

Thank you aunty ji, it was a pleasure to work with you and your family.

Amina · Married on 07/07/2018

Bhavna was truly amazing to work with. I was not local, and she got on video chat with me and we talked about the kind of design I wanted. She created a design and e-mailed the sketch to me for approval. The day of, she showed up early, set up, and was ready to go! She not only did IMMACULATE and AMAZING henna, she also braided my hair for me so it wouldn't be a mess for the backyard BBQ my family had planned for the night! I cannot compliment Bhavna enough - she is one of a kind and I would not hesitate to hire her again! Someone from Bhavna's team also came on our Mehndi night and did henna for guests and everyone raved about her as well - I'm not sure of her name but if you contact Bhavna she'll know :)

Sent on 07/17/2018
    Bhavna's Henna & Arts 1
    Bhavna's Henna & Arts 2

Bhavna's Henna & Arts's reply:

Thank you Amina it was my pleasure working with you and creating your design based on your story. And yes everyone on my team is an amazing artist.

Shruti · Married on 06/12/2018

Let me start off by saying that Bhavna was the first call I made as soon as my Wedding date was fixed. She came highly recommended by everyone I spoke to, and when i saw some of her designs online, I just had to reach out. Getting my Bridal Henna + family and friends henna done by Bhavna was one of the best decisions made during wedding planning. She is amazingly talented, hardworking, professional and a joy to work with.

Getting henna was an experience, it was not a one time "task" I had to check off my list, my favorite part was how Bhavna took the time to learn my story and customize design elements to make this so so meaningful to Shrey and me. Her patience and eye for detail is unbelievable. What just adds to it all is her positive attitude, happy soul and just overall energy.

Bhavna made this such a beautiful experience for me and my family. I've been ecstatic reliving the stories hidden in my design and so happy it's been captured forever in pictures

Sent on 07/02/2018

Bhavna's Henna & Arts's reply:

Thank you for such a lovely review, your words brought me immense joy. It was a pleasure doing henna for you and both side of the families.
  • Nikita

Nikita Desai · Married on 06/09/2018

Bhavna is the best in the area!

Bhavna is a truly talented artist and an absolutely lovely person! I told everyone this as they complimented my mendhi - she was the first vendor I booked for the wedding. Even before the venue!!

I can't recommend her enough. She really took time to talk through the consultation with me, even though I completely trusted her and didn't feel too particular about design. She gave great guidance and had some really creative ideas to include in the design to incorporate the backstory and my husband's family. Her work speaks for itself. It's incredibly intricate and very clearly the work of an artist. In addition to all of that, she is such a sweet, wonderful, but assertive person, which is all great to have in the days before a wedding and at Desi wedding events! She comes prepared and also well-versed in making sure guests do not accidentally mess up the mendhi in the drying process while they are all greeting the bride - a difficult but necessary task!! She was very patient with me as well as I started to get very ansty and had a hard time sitting in one spot for 6+ hours! She was kind and accommodating though of my comfort while also making sure the mendhi itself got done. I can't say enough great things about Bhavna!

Sent on 11/01/2018
    Bhavna's Henna & Arts 3
    Bhavna's Henna & Arts 4

Bhavna's Henna & Arts's reply:

Hi Nikita, Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. Appreciate every word.Loved creating your custom design for you.

Nammi · Married on 05/26/2018

Bhavna is beyond amazing, she was one of my favorite vendors to work with and she was so much more than a vendor. On our first consultation she invited me to have dinner with her family since I could only schedule the meeting during the week at 7pm and she was so warm and welcoming. She is beyond organized which is such a rarity with Desi vendors and that alone removed so much stress from the planning process. She took the time to sketch out the design and used the information on my intake sheet along with questions about my husband and I in order to come up with some great ideas.
    On the day of the actual henna she was on time and so prepared; my friends said they had never seen an artist who was that skilled, professional and prepared. Bhavna was also able to assist me in hiring one of her assistants to travel to my Mehendi night party in PA and that was such a releif as there are hardly any artists in my area.
    Please do not waste your time by researching other people; the amount of compliments and oohhhs and ahhhs I received were countless, Bhavna takes great pride in her work and she is such a kind, warm and funny person. She is truly an artist and I loved working with her throughout the entire process.

Sent on 07/06/2018

Bhavna's Henna & Arts's reply:

Thank you Nammi for such a wonderful review, I am smiling from ear to ear. It was my pleasure to do your henna.

Rhea · Married on 05/11/2018

Bhavna is an amazing artist! She was one of the first vendors that I hired for my wedding and I am so grateful that she was available to do my mehndi. My parents have known Bhavna for years, so her kindness and professionalism came as no surprise to me. She thoroughly took the time to understand what I was looking for and talk me through the process. Bhavna first sent me an in-depth questionnaire to determine what I would like my henna design to include. Then, she set up a video chat to go over everything as I was not able to meet with her in person. She also made sure to keep me updated as my design was being completed. She kept me very happy, calm, and entertained as she was doing my mehndi and it turned out better than I could have imagined! Her colleagues also did an excellent job on my bridesmaids and friends. I would highly recommend Bhavna to any bride - she is awesome!!

Sent on 07/13/2018

Bhavna's Henna & Arts's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time for leaving me a wonderful review I appreciate it a lot.

Sohani · event on: 04/23/2018

Bhavna is truly an amazing artist. From the moment I saw her work, I was enamored by her beautiful designs. In person, she is extremely professional, kind, and attentive to detail. I was extremely lucky to book her for my bridal henna and I was in awe of the design she created for me. She is very detail oriented, giving my a questionnaire beforehand to ensure that the design incorporated everything I wanted and avoided anything I did not. I was unable to meet with her for a consultation beforehand, but I was still blown away by her final design. The fact that the translation from paper to my hands/arms + feet was astonishing to watch! I would highly recommend her to anyone and I hope I am able to use her again in the future!

Sent on 05/15/2018

Bhavna's Henna & Arts's reply:

Thank you Sohani for such a wonderful review. Truly appreciate it.

Swathi · Married on 04/27/2018

My mother first met Bhavna at a friend’s mehndi night, and once I got engaged, she immediately informed me to talk to Bhavna and book her as soon as possible for my own wedding. This was definitely one of the best decisions I made throughout the process of wedding planning. Bhavna is a consummate professional, but at the same time, warm, friendly and caring. She worked closely with me during consultations to create a custom design reflecting my husband and my favorite cities and our shared love for music, as well as including South Indian motifs to reflect my heritage. She is a talented artist who meticulously takes time to make sure her designs reflect the client’s vision. Her aftercare tips are spot on as well, and my henna stain was perfect by the day of the wedding. However, the real treat was meeting her in person and having a 5 hour long wonderful conversation while she was applying my henna. It was as if we were old friends! Even my family and friends had nothing but compliments for Bhavna. I highly recommend Bhavna to anyone getting engaged, married, or having any other special occasion in their life!

Sent on 06/26/2018

Bhavna's Henna & Arts's reply:

Thank you so much for such a wonderful review. It was my pleasure to do your henna.

Sohani · Married on 04/27/2018

Sent on 05/03/2018

Bhavna's Henna & Arts's reply:

Thank you so much Sohani for writing a lovely review , appreciating me and your generous tip. It was a pleasure to create your design.

Anjani · Married on 04/20/2018

Bhavna was so wonderful to work with! She is exceptionally talented and very professional. She did my wedding henna and for my bridesmaids too. I love that she did a consult with me beforehand to help me customize a design that was unique to me and my wedding. Also she is so passionate about her work and so creative, it is amazing to watch her create such elaborate designs. All my guests gave me so many compliments afterwards! I highly recommend her and would definitely request her services again for henna!

Sent on 06/21/2018

Bhavna's Henna & Arts's reply:

Thank you Anjani for such a wonderful review. Really appreciate it.

Mehak · Married on 03/27/2018

Bhavna’s is very talented. The attention to detail and her artistic ability is one that leaves the customer and their family and friends in awe. I have never seen or even heard of a henna artist who spends hours getting to know the bride and figuring out the bride’s vision for her henna. My mehendi wasn’t just a ceremony but became a personalized experience for me that was about my story and what the wedding meant for me and my fiancé. She connects with you and the conversations last hours. I was so nervous about how I would sit for hours to get my mehendi done but it turned out to be the most relaxing time. I was at ease and felt so comfortable. Her mehendi lasted over two weeks on my hands and about a month on my feet. It smells amazing and the after care instructions she provides are helpful. Also, make sure to order and buy her homemade balms! I always get extra. Not only do they moisturize well but they are so calming. She is talented beyond words. Bhavna puts love and care into her work and it shows. I wouldn’t have had anyone else do my wedding mehendi for me. Bhavna and her work are just perfect!! Thank you so much!!!

Sent on 05/05/2018

Bhavna's Henna & Arts's reply:

Thank you so much for such a wonderful review.

Amandeep · Married on 03/17/2018

Bhavana is such a imaging professional, She is truly dedicated Henna artist. Not only my wedding henna design was appreciated by all but also the intensity of color, clarity of work was beyond my expectation. She spend 3hrs for free consultation and incorporated every little item and detail in the design. i highly recommend her.

Sent on 05/16/2018

Bhavna's Henna & Arts's reply:

Thank you for a wonderful review.

Shivana · Married on 11/25/2017

Bhavna's work is phenomenal! Not only is she an expert in her field, but she truly cares about her clients. From the beginning, she worked with me to customize my henna design that was absolutely breath-taking and, on the day of the henna application, she was so caring. I have never met such a talented artist with a sincere, genuine attitude/work ethic. I am incredibly lucky to have selected Bhavna for my bridal henna and would highly recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 12/17/2017

Bhavna's Henna & Arts's reply:

Thank you Shivana for taking the time to write me a beautiful review.

Bhavini · Married on 10/07/2017

Bhavna was absolutely WONDERFUL!!! She is so passionate and puts an extreme amount of thought into her designs. I went with Bhavna because I heard great things about her, and she definitely exceeded those expectations. Bhavna consults with the bride to determine the type of design the bride likes, and then custom builds the design ahead of time for the bride to see. I was able to go through previous designs and pick out ones that I liked, which she then combined to create my perfect bridal mendhi. She also is unique in that she incorporates personal aspects of your life into your mendhi. I loved this and it made my mendhi so much more special and personalized. The henna she uses is also really good and my mendhi turned out extremely dark (almost black) which is a good sign. Bhavna was also amazing with the rest of my wedding guests- it helps that she is so sweet and lovely to talk to! I would recommend Bhavna over and over again.

Sent on 02/17/2018

Bhavna's Henna & Arts's reply:

Thank you for such a thoughtful review.

Trishna · Married on 08/26/2017

Bhavna Auntie is truly amazing at her craft. I wanted very specific things for my Bridal mendhi - I wanted very tiny netting patterns, unique grids, wanted state maps for Maryland and Michigan, portraits on my palms, and lots of negative space. Bhavna auntie went above and beyond my expectations - her work was way beyond anything I could have imagined! I received so many compliments all weekend! Bhavna auntie's consultation was very professional as she maps out exactly what designs she will do and sends you a lifesize sketch. My whole family was very impressed with how seriously she has perfected her art. I highly recommend Bhavna auntie - She really gave me the exact bridal mendhi I've always wanted!

Sent on 09/09/2017

Bhavna's Henna & Arts's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. Appreciate it.

Nisha · Married on 08/05/2017

Bhavna was one of my favorite vendors to work with throughout my whole wedding experience. She took the time to create a design completely personalized to my taste and worked around my schedule despite me living out of state. On the mehndi day, she was so prepared for all the needs of a bride. She thought of everything from heating packs to darken the stain on my cold hands to drinking straws. She even had seat cushions, anticipating the moment one position would get uncomfortable. She was so pleasant to chat with and my guests loved her. Her design was so intricate and turned out perfect on my wedding day. Thank you Bhavna for a beautiful lasting memory of a great day, you are a true artist!

Sent on 09/11/2017

Bhavna's Henna & Arts's reply:

Thank you Nisha for taking the time to write a lovely review.You made my day. It was such a pleasure to do your henna.

Aarti · Married on 07/29/2017

Bhavna was a delight to work with. She was very quick to respond and flexible to provide what I wanted. She drew out my design beforehand and made some requested changes right on the spot! She began the morning with a quick prayer with my mom, and we loved it. The wedding week was such a stressful time and she started out that day in the best way possible and kept me calm for the whole day. I loved chatting with her as she did my mehndi and I was so glad to get to know her as part of the process. My mehndi was beautiful and perfect and everything I could have wanted. Thanks so much Bhavna!

Sent on 09/27/2017

Bhavna's Henna & Arts's reply:

Thank you for writing such a wonderful review.

Neha · Married on 07/29/2017

Bhavna was a total pleasure to work with for my bridal mehndi! We met months in advance to work on detailed designs, taking into account several personal details and cherished memories. The end result was a stunning and truly special mehndi design that was 100% unique and customized. Bhavna is so calm and sweet during the entire process - we chatted like old friends and it made my entire 8 hour experience seem to fly by. I would highly recommend Bhavna. Her skills, passion, work ethic, and dedication shine through her designs. I couldn’t have asked for anything more. Thank you, Bhavna!

Sent on 10/07/2017

Bhavna's Henna & Arts's reply:

Thank you Neha it was my pleasure to work with you. You have such a creative mind. Had fun incorporating your ideas.

Kavita · Married on 07/16/2017

Most beautiful work I have seen and Bhavna is such an amazing woman to work with. Super respectful, highly talented, and unique. Love her high-energy and sense of love she going to her work. She uses fast-paced and it’s very accommodating. All questions I asked before the event she focuses on what the bride wants.

Makes it even easier for a planner!

Homework is super detailed and it is very personal to the couples, we highly recommend!

Sent on 11/21/2017

Bhavna's Henna & Arts's reply:

Thank you Kavita for leaving me a thoughtful review.

Priya · Married on 07/15/2017

I wanted to take a moment to write a personal recommendation for Bhavna based on her incredible artistry, creativity, patience, and professionalism with my bridal mehndi. It turned out even more beautiful than I could have imagined, and more importantly, it was such a reflection of my personal taste and love for my fiance (now husband). I tried so hard to be as original and personal as possible in a lot of the details that went into my wedding, and was often either treated like I had no idea what I was doing or just completely disregarded. But Bhavna understands the importance of originality and it truly shows in her work. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Sent on 08/21/2017

Bhavna's Henna & Arts's reply:

Thank you Priya, your review brought tears to my eyes and I am blinking fiercely to type this response. Thank you, my goal is truly to make my brides happy and have as many things of customization I can possibly do in their designs.

Reema · Married on 07/14/2017

Working with Bhavna was a pleasure! I hired her, almost a year in advance (ladies, if you're looking to book, please don't wait too long!) because after seeing her work I knew there was nobody else that I wanted for my wedding! To my surprise, her professionalism was present not only in her work but from the second I contacted her to book until final execution and even after!
    The one-on-one consult was super efficient! I was glad to get together before the big day and sit down to chat about exactly what I wanted and liked so that way there wouldn't be any confusion on the day of. What I really enjoyed was Bhavna's calm demeanor! As a bride, I can't emphasize the importance of this enough! The hectic nature of an Indian wedding often left me wanting some alone time to just catch a breath and I was SO SO SO glad that I was able to relax and "be in the moment" with Bhavna. To be completely honest, I didn't feel like a "bride" until my mendhi night and I think, in part, that's because of her :)
    I got tons of compliments on my mendhi, as expected! And Bhavna actually took a few shots of me to send to me after the event! This was an unexpected, but welcomed, surprise because as we all know - professional pics take some time to get back to you and I was starting to get anxious to see some pictures from my festivities!
    I am so glad I hired Bhavna and I promise you will be, too! There's nobody else I would have wanted by my side as I kicked off the first event of my big fat Indian wedding!

Sent on 09/11/2017

Bhavna's Henna & Arts's reply:

Thank you for your heartwarming review.

mariam · Married on 07/03/2017

Bhavna's talent simple can no be described and pictures or video simply can't do it justice. I hired Bhavna very last minute and she was so sweet and down to earth from the moment we met. She took extreme care of my guest's henna and mine. She is professional in every way possible and she makes you feel comfortable from the beginning. She takes your consideration into account and gives feedback and expert guidance. My family and friends were blown away by her work, and they all have years of experience with henna. It just simply didn't compare to Bhavna's. Looking forward to working with Bhavan again!!

Sent on 09/02/2017

Bhavna's Henna & Arts's reply:

Thank you for your lovely review.