Bhavna's Henna & Arts Reviews

97 | Clarksburg, MD

97 Reviews for Bhavna's Henna & Arts

• Varsha

Varsha P. · Getting married on 11/10/2021

Brilliant, Extraordinary, Caring, Thoughtful, Outstanding Artist. Picasso of Henna.

So many wonderful things to say about this Amazing human, Bhavna. Before I get into her being a fantastic artist I want to get into her being a fantastic human. I have had my henna done by Bhavna a few times before. However there is nothing like getting your wedding Heena done. My experience with her was with such great care, understanding, friendship, and love. Sitting in a chair for long hours will make your entire body numb. But she is constantly checking on you to make sure that you are comfortable, if you need a break to take a sip of water or readjust your sitting position, feed you if necessary, and she will even help you when you need to go to the restroom. She is a woman filled with love, care, and light. The experience you have with her is well beyond the price of such magnificent artistry. With that being said She’s not an “Aunty” she truly is an Artist like no other henna artist. Recently she posted a quote from Picasso that read, “It took me 30 years to do that masterpiece in 30 seconds”. Bhavna is worth every single penny plus more. There is no copying, pasting or sticker layout on your skin before she starts your design. Everything comes from her mind and your skin is her canvas. She takes hours to create the perfect, custom design for you. But it’s truly an amazing sight to see her do her magic on your skin. We are all shaped so differently and our skin is all very different. Some people have sweatier palms, some people have really oily skin and Bhavna manages to make everything work and beautify your Henna. Bhavna prays over you to ensure you have a calming presence before your big day. As with many brides, the few days before the wedding can be extremely stressful. Bhavna makes your henna ceremony so special and stress free. Bhavna provided me with a needed water bottle to keep me hydrated, a personalized gift which included a jar of her homemade henna balm that smells divine and made my skin silky smooth, plus my husband could not stop telling me how good i smelled, gauze/ wrap to help protect my Henna and instructions that will make my henna last longer and provide an incredible, long lasting dark color on my skin. I was told that the darker your henna stains on your skin the more your husband loves you. My henna came out so beautiful and dark and i definitely believe that my husband’s love shows no bounds. Thank you Bhavna for taking such great care of me and creating my vision for my wedding Henna come to life. You matched perfectly Every single detail of my henna. Your work is sensational and you work so diligently. You made me feel empowered as an Indian woman and excited to share my culture with my Blasian husband. God bless your hands, back, eyes, and your magical spirit always

Sent on 11/23/2020

Bhavna's Henna & Arts's reply:

Thank you so much for your time and writing such a thoughtful review. I appreciate every word. I loved creating your design
  • Monisha

Monisha S. · Married on 06/25/2021

Amazing!

Words cannot express how amazing Bhavna is, both as a person and with henna. She is a true artist and you will not regret hiring her for your big day. She worked with me on a custom design, something she had never done before, and gave me the henna of my dreams! I will cherish the memories of my henna for years to come and it is all thanks to Bhavna for making it come to life.

Sent on 07/26/2021

Bhavna's Henna & Arts's reply:

Aww, thank you so much for your kind words. I appreciate it.
    It was amazing trying to create your henna design.

Ras L. · Married on 11/29/2020

Amazing Talent

Bhavna has amazing talent! My bridal henna was beautiful. Working with Bhavna was a pleasure. She's kind and attentive to all details. She understands exactly what a bride wants for her special day and makes you feel exclusive. Due to COVID I decided to do my mehndi one on one and she went from a stranger to a friend in minutes. It was a very enjoyable experience to prepare for my wedding. I look forward to working with her for other henna applications.

Sent on 12/07/2020

Bhavna's Henna & Arts's reply:

Aww, thank you Rachel, I enjoyed creating your design and becoming your friend.
    Hope you had a wonderful wedding.

Bisma · Married on 09/25/2020

Amazing experience

Bhavna is an amazing henna tatoo artist. I found her on Instagram. Her work is amazing. She is super friendly and kind. She made me feel welcomed gave me marriage advice. She is really patient. I would highly recommend her. She did my henna for my wedding in September. I received so many compliments on my henna. If you are looking for a great henna artist for your wedding or any important ceremony I highly recommend her. She takes her time to bring out your ideas and vision on her work.

Sent on 12/17/2020

Bhavna's Henna & Arts's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to write me a lovely review. I appreciate every word.
    Have a blessed life.

Bithika S. · Married on 09/18/2020

Amazing artist and person - highly recommend!

First of all, if I could give Bhavna more than 5 stars, I would. She was so incredible to work with for my elopement earlier this month! The process was seamlessly done via email, and we arranged for her to come to my home - masks in place for all parties of course. I was not quite sure what to expect but Bhavna came prepared with everything she could need, made sure I was comfortable the whole time and even brought a new water bottle with a straw for me so I could stay hydrated during the lengthy process of bridal henna.

I had a few ideas of designs I wanted but after seeing her work, I let her lead the way. We discussed some particulars of what I liked and wanted incorporated in the designs and let her decide the rest. Her work is impeccable and the detail is beyond anything I have ever seen. My relatives in India commented on my photos, saying they cannot even get such good, detailed henna work done in Delhi, let alone anywhere else in India.

She provided me with a care bag which included instructions on how to care for the henna post application and beyond, homemade balm to apply on the stain, and gauze to wrap my hands and feet in when I slept. She left no stone unturned when it came to making sure my henna was perfect for my wedding day - and it was! Just make sure to follow her instructions. I could not recommend her enough if you are looking for bridal henna (or henna period)!

Oh also, she is the sweetest person ever! A joy to be around for hours :).

Sent on 09/24/2020

Bhavna's Henna & Arts's reply:

Aww, Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a lovely review for me, I appreciate every word.

Nicole P. · Married on 08/29/2020

Epic Experience

I cannot say enough great things about Bhavna. Her artwork is just gorgeous. She is truly an artist and it shows. She makes her own mehndi which is amazing. The stain is deep and lasted for such a long time. Bhavna is the easiest person to work with, hands down. She was accommodating, flexible, and easy to talk to while maintaining every ounce of the professional she is. I was nervous about sitting with a stranger for so long, but conversation flowed and it felt like talking to a friend. Thank you Bhavna for all of your hard work, your flexibility, and helping to make some amazing memories for my wedding!

Sent on 01/18/2021

Bhavna's Henna & Arts's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write me a sweet review. Appreciate every word. Love connecting with my brides and becoming friends. Glad we could make amazing memories.
  • Ritha

Ritha K. · Married on 08/21/2020

My Bridal Experience

Bhavna exceeded my expectations on my bridal henna and my mother’s mother of the bride design! I desperately wanted my two dogs showcased on either arm to have them be a part of my big day(s) and she did a beautiful design to showcase this by drawing both of them on my arms. The entire design was flawless and I recieved so many compliments! The stain came out SUPER dark and stayed for two weeks! Don’t waste time and book your henna needs as soon as possible - there’s a reason she’s always booked - she will Make your day so special and make it better than you envisioned your henna to be!

Sent on 06/08/2021

Bhavna's Henna & Arts's reply:

Thank you so much I really enjoyed creating your design and had fun drawing your dogs to include in your special day.

Anandi · Married on 07/04/2020

Amazing experience

I met Bhavna Naik several years ago when I wanted to learn how to do mehendi as a hobby- I loved her work and her unique style of teaching so when I got engaged, I knew that I would want Bhavna to be my mehendi artist. She scheduled a consultation with me a few months before the wedding to get to know my husband and my story and find ways to incorporate elements of things that were important to us or told our story. On the day of the appointment, she arrived on time and provided instructions for after-care including leaving behind all the equipment I would need to make sure I had the best possible mehendi stain for my wedding day. Working with Bhavna Naik was awesome- she is very quick to respond to any questions or concerns, is very professional and really finds ways to incorporate each couple's personal story in her art. My mehendi was so intricate- I had people around the world wanting to know who my artist was and how amazing the stain looked. Thank you Bhavna Naik for making my day so special and for everything.

Sent on 07/06/2020

Bhavna's Henna & Arts's reply:

Thank you Anandi for such a wonderful review. It was amazing to create your henna. Stay safe and blessed.
  • Jassy

Jassy K. · Married on 06/26/2020

Absolutely Amazing

Bhavna was absolutely amazing! She made sure I comfortable while getting my bridal henna done. She pays amazing attention to detail and was able to make my henna design just as I wanted it to be. Bhavna was able to make all my wedding henna dreams come true. I would definitely recommend her to all my friends and family. Working with her was a pleasure. ❤️🤗

Sent on 10/16/2020

Bhavna's Henna & Arts's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to write a lovely review, I appreciate every word.
    It was fun to create your design and meet your friends.

Holly P. · Married on 05/24/2020

Pure Talent

Bhavna is amazing!!! She is a one of a kind artist and person. She was able to make all my wedding henna dreams come true. It was not easy but she was able to recreate an image of puppy Bubbles and it looked amazing .She made my 7 hours of henna go by so quickly. I cannot wait to work with her again in the future.

Sent on 05/07/2021

Bhavna's Henna & Arts's reply:

Thank you for writing such a lovely review and taking the time. I truly appreciate it. Hope to serve you once again.
  • Simran

Simran B. · Married on 03/28/2020

Best Henna Artist!!

Bhavna exceeded my expectations for my wedding henna! She was extremely professional throughout the entire process. She provided excellent instructions on how to take care of my henna, what to wear, and even provided a care package at the end! My friends and family were amazed by the detail in her designs and my husband was so excited to find all the amazing elements she incorporated. I would highly recommend her to all of my friends and family. Bhavna also came the following day for my Sangeet; my bridesmaids loved their designs for the wedding!

She’s such a sweet human being and I loved getting to know her and talking to her the entire time. She even recommended some natural remedies for my mom’s arthritis, which have helped so much!! Book Bhavna for your special day, she truly is the best!

Sent on 07/16/2021

Bhavna's Henna & Arts's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I appreciate every word. So happy mom is feeling better.
  • Arsh

Arsh · Married on 02/16/2020

Best Henna experience

Bhavna is a lovely person inside out. She is super creative and knows her art well. I have met her only once that too for my bridal consultation, yes she does offer one and it is complimentary! 😬
    I love getting henna and honestly I loved a lot of inspirational designs online making it overwhelming for myself. But Bhavna helped out with that during our meeting and made the designing process so much easier. She patiently listened to the story I wanted in the design and came up with elements to incorporate. She took the time to recommend other vendors in case I needed other services for my wedding.
    I’m so looking forward to her doing my henna. ❤️

P.S. Her home office space takes you back home in India. Did not feel out of place at all. ☺️

**************************Post Wedding review*************************
    This review has been long overdue! On the day of Mehendi event, Bhavna came with her van full of equipment including chair for the bride, heaters, side tables, lamps, Henna kit, a gift bag for me and a shagun thaali for my mom. She said a small prayer before she started my henna which made me feel I was back in India with my family having a normal wedding. She played a very important role in bringing normalcy in my wedding away from family. So, thank you Bhavna for all the kindness!

Bhavna worked through those long 11 hours very patiently and the design came out exactly what she gave me at time of consultation. Please see pictures below. She gave me clear instructions and mehendi care balm (that smelled so nice!) to ensure dark henna stain. I received so many compliments from almost every guest that attended the wedding and I absolutely loved flaunting my henna for wedding pictures.

Words don't do justice neither to the artistry Bhavna possesses nor the pride she takes in her art. The level of detail and professionalism she demonstrated from the day I sent her email inquiring about her services to my henna day are unparalleled. So, she is not a "Mehendi Waali" but a true artist with immense talent and humility.

Lots of love and virtual hugs Bhavna! :)

Sent on 02/21/2021

Bhavna's Henna & Arts's reply:

OMG thank you so much for such a long and lovely review. I do really care about the whole experience my clients have from start to end and we remain friends forever. Thank you once again.

Jaya G. · Married on 02/01/2020

My hands were the talk of the wedding!

Bhavna was responsive, on time, honest, and patient with me and my family. I appreciate that she doesn't use chemicals, and her mendhi designs were beautiful! She brought her own creativity to the designs and had helpful accessories for me during the henna application (for example, she helped me drink water with a straw). My henna was the talk of the wedding and I am still loving looking at it 3 days later (the photos here are almost one week after henna application). I guarantee you will be happy if you hire Bhavna!

Sent on 02/04/2020

Bhavna's Henna & Arts's reply:

Thank you Jaya for taking the time to write me a wonderful review. It was a pleasure doing your henna and meeting your family.
    Love the stain pictures.

Sapna S. · Married on 01/18/2020

One of the best vendors you will ever work with.

You will never meet a henna artist like Bhavna. She is professional, organized, talented, kind, and flexible. I was not picky about any of my vendors, but I booked Bhavna first because I knew I only wanted to work with her. She starts with a questionnaire, followed by an in-person consultation. During the consultation, she worked with me to literally sketch out my love story so I could see what the henna would look on my hands on my wedding day. Not only can she do very intricate work (monuments, cities, bride/grooms, animals), she has a lot of designs already made for you to choose from. She is clearly so excited by connecting with each bride and their love story. We kept in touch until my wedding, and she was SUPER flexible the week of the big day. I had multiple changes: my outfit changed and she worked with me to pin it and keep it safe from the henna, the location changed, I asked for her to stay longer and come for an extra day, etc.-- and she made it ALL work. Bhavna makes sure you aren’t stressed or bored during the long process of getting henna done and brings positivity and love to your function. Everyone ADORED her and was in awe by the whole experience. Even more- Bhavna makes her own organic henna and balm. She also provides a water cup/straw for you to drink out of while your henna is being done AND a kit so your henna stays on longer! Overall, I cherished the experience. It was one way I was truly able to fuse my Indian and American heritage and my story with my groom into the entire weekend. I cannot wait to work with Bhavna again for events/significant days in the future. She is truly a gem.

Sent on 04/07/2020

Bhavna's Henna & Arts's reply:

Thank you Sapna for such lovely and kind words. You brought tears to my eyes.
    It was a pleasure creating your design.
  • PG

Pg · Married on 01/10/2020

Set the bar for Quality and Customer Service

I was so pleased I found Bhavna on short notice just a week before our COVID-down-sized wedding in October. She is a smart, gracious, soulful person inside and out and I enjoyed spending 5+ hours together getting to know her, as did my mom and my sister in law. Her portfolio of artwork and mendhi designs speaks for itself, so I'll add that her extraordinary depth of experience informs her business practices and client service in every way: Bhavna was immediately responsive by email, transparent with pricing, and she was mindful of every detail from the application of the natural mendhi to the instructions regarding the application of her own fragrant balm and overnight care. Her thoughtful approach to bridal mendhi was evident especially in her focus on client comfort. Rather than sitting on the floor, she situated her station and various tables, chairs, and lights before she began, and she even reminded me to remove my contacts before we began late at night. Bhavna is no ordinary Mendhi Aunty. The experience I had with Bhavna was professional in every way. My mom and sister in law were impressed with the experience, and I was so pleased with the charming details and hidden messages she secreted into my design, as well as with the outcome of my extremely fine design, which the few guests we had remarked were not nearly like any we have seen before. I wish there were more ways to support talented artists in our community who were as deserving as Bhavna. She is a blazing talent whose pricing and packages reflect the respect this tradition and profession warrants. I recommend her highly.

Sent on 12/29/2020

Bhavna's Henna & Arts's reply:

Thank you so much for such a lovely review
    You brought a smile to my face and made my day/ week.
    I would love to know your name, I just see initials as your name here. Thank you once again for your love and support. Deeply appreciated.
  • Reena

Reena B. · Married on 10/05/2019

There is no one better!!

I wish I could give Bhavna more than 5 stars, because she absolutely is the best. Honestly, I felt like I was working with an old friend. She is uber talented, passionate about what she does, and the most amazing of souls. A lot of people will do the design they want, but Bhavna had me schedule a skype meeting to get to know me and include personalized elements. The day of , she came on time ( we started very early!) and prepared with the design and a heater, knowing that brides get cold when henna is applied. She gave me specific care instructions in writing. My henna turned out perfect in every way- design and color ( VERY dark, almost black). She did my henna on Wednesday and it was still getting darker by Saturday, my wedding day. I had also hired her and her team for my sangeet, where she brought glitter to apply over the henna, it was an absolute hit. Thank you so much Bhavna!!

Sent on 11/03/2019

Bhavna's Henna & Arts's reply:

Thank you Reena it was a pleasure doing your henna and thank you for such a wonderful review. I appreciate every word.

Kelly T. · Married on 09/07/2019

Lovely lady and great art!

I loved working with Bhavna!
    She spent about an hour with me a few weeks before, getting to know who my husband and i were so she could customize henna for my day - lots of fantastic hidden elements and intricate work.
    She and her family are also just great people in general and it was very calming to have her do my henna, especially the week of the wedding when things start to get more hectic.

Sent on 10/14/2019

Bhavna's Henna & Arts's reply:

Aww, thank you for letting me create your lovely story in henna and appreciating my art and above all my goofy family.
    Stay blessed.

Jennifer · Married on 08/25/2019

Talented artist and thought of every detail

Bhavna was excellent from start to finish! I was able to do a video conference with her before the wedding to talk through my ideas for my mehendi design. I am Chinese so I wanted a fusion of both Chinese and Indian designs to represent both my and my husband's heritage. It definitely was not an easy task to execute but Bhavna did an amazing job and had everyone raving about the unique elements, like the dragon and phoenix she customized for me.

Not only is Bhavna a talented artist, she is also very thoughtful on the day of the mehendi. She brought a space heater in case it got cold, an after-care kit, and a cup with a straw for me to drink out of. Not many people would include all that in their mehendi packages! She made me feel well taken care of the entire time.

I also liked that she and her team brought glitter to the sangeet for the guests' mehendi. It was a fun addition to the evening that made my guests feel special.

I would 100% recommend her to anyone getting married in the DC area and beyond.

Sent on 10/11/2019

Bhavna's Henna & Arts's reply:

Thank you Jennifer for taking the time to write such a thoughtful review. I appreciate every word. It was fun creating your unique design.

Manjot G. · Married on 07/27/2019

Bhavna is the best!!

GO WITH HER!! Bridal henna is once in a lifetime event just like your wedding and I am beyond happy that I went with Bhavna. She is extremely talented with her work, you just have to see it and I promise no one will ever be disappointed with her work. She called me into her office for a consultation and personally drew my design in a workbook. It can't get any better than that! Even my family members and photographers/videographers were stunned by her work. I loved loved loved my bridal henna.

On top of her being super talented with her designs, she is such an easy person to get along with. It gets hard to sit in a spot for 7+ hours; however, Bhavna helps you out throughout everything. I had my bridesmaids with me, but Bhavna was also there to feed me water, help me sit/get up.. she even drove me and my girls to get us ice cream for our henna photoshoot!

Sent on 08/20/2019

Bhavna's Henna & Arts's reply:

Thank you for such a lovely review, I had fun creating your design. Can't wait to see pictures from your photoshoot and the wedding.
  • Sona

Sona C. · Married on 06/15/2019

Amazing experience from start to finish!

Hiring Bhavna to do my bridal henna was the best decision!!
    From the very first meeting, I was so impressed. I had no idea how much effort and planning she puts into each Henna design until my initial design consult with her - she truly makes the henna design process so meaningful and personal. She incorporated elements from my life story into the design which made the design so sentimental.

She is professional, yet so sweet and easy to work with. She is genuine, easy to talk to, and it is clear how much she cares about the happiness of her brides. She is a truly talented artist and her planning and effort really shows in her Henna design. Thank you Bhavna for an amazing experience!! I got sooooo many compliments on my Henna!

Sent on 07/17/2019

Bhavna's Henna & Arts's reply:

Aww thank you Sona I really enjoy personalizing the henna and the experience. Henna application should be a stress free, therapeutic and self care experience. I try my best to give each bride that. Thank you so much for writing a wonderful review.

Renuka · Married on 05/31/2019

Beautiful Mehndi

Bhavna is a consummate professional and extremely talented artist. She created a beautiful and traditional design for my mehndi that included lots of hidden references to my husband. It turned out absolutely beautiful. Throughout my wedding, everyone kept asking to see my hands and feet because they could not get over how beautiful the stain turned out. I'm so grateful to have found Bhavna and would recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 06/14/2019

Bhavna's Henna & Arts's reply:

Thank you for such a wonderful review. You followed my aftercare to the T that's why you got an amazing stain.

Maya · Married on 04/12/2019

Not Enough Words for her Talent!!

Bhavna had done henna for my sisters wedding almost 5 years ago, and when it came time for me to pick a henna artist for my own wedding this past April, I knew that I couldn't have anyone but her. There are no words to describe how amazing she is! Her talent speaks for itself, but aside from that, she is one of the most caring and genuine people I've met.
    She began with a small prayer before starting the henna and was unbelievably helpful throughout the entire process. Feeding me, and making sure I stayed hydrated, she always made sure I was comfortable.
    I was so excited to see the artwork she had come up with while incorporating the many elements (including batman and the taco bell symbol) I wanted to have in my henna. Watching her draw out these elements with such detail, precision, & passion was admiring.
    Once she was finished, she gave me a little goodie bag which included wraps for the henna so I could sleep at night, and an amazing balm. I continued to use it until it was done because it was so moisturizing!
    Overall, I would recommend Bhavna 100 times over to anyone looking for a henna artist.

Sent on 06/12/2019

Bhavna's Henna & Arts's reply:

Thank you Maya, your words are so thoughtful. I appreciate it you taking the time to write me a review.

Sonam D. · Married on 03/23/2019

What an artist!

Bhavna is an AMAZING artist! Not only is she extremely professional but also very personable. As many know, bridal henna can take a very long time and when you are sitting for that long, many things can feel uncomfortable. Bhavna makes sure that you are comfortable and offers a hand in any way that is needed, and trust me, its needed. Not only did the henna come out absolutely perfectly but the time spent with Bhavna was a ton of fun! She is truly awesome and her work is beyond amazing.

Sent on 04/03/2019

Bhavna's Henna & Arts's reply:

Aww, thank you Sonam, you are too kind. I appreciate you taking the time to write me a lovely review.
  • Gillian

Gillian · Married on 02/11/2019

She is the BEST!

Bhavna's work is truly incredible - and she is such a joy to work with. Highly recommend, as she makes you feel completely comfortable!

Sent on 12/16/2019

Bhavna's Henna & Arts's reply:

It was a pleasure to create your design. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a wonderful review.
  • Kiran

Kiran · Married on 12/08/2018

Simply Amazing

I booked Bhavna for my mehndi over a year in advance of my wedding based on several recommendations. From my first communications with her, I could tell that she was going to be great to work with. If she wasn't available to get back to me right away, she would always acknowledge my communication and let me know that she would get back to me. She answered all my questions and was very flexible. I would recommend to take advantage of the consultation. It was so amazing to be able to have so much input into the beautiful artwork she created. Every time I saw someone during the wedding, they were so intrigued by my mendhi. I had this masterpiece on my arms and feet that had so many special meanings. Our families were especially touched by the hidden gems she put in for our parents and even my husband, cat, and dog. The process of the mendhi was time consuming (9 hours), but Bhavna made me so feel so comfortable. She talked me through all my nerves and was a pleasure to be around. She made this awesome care package for me. Everyone was super impressed by her art and the sample pictures that I have seen, the stain looked amazing. I had a second wedding the following weekend, I followed all her instructions and the stain still looked beautiful. I can't thank her enough for the amazing experience.

Sent on 12/18/2018

Bhavna's Henna & Arts's reply:

Thank you Kiran, for a wonderful review and I truly enjoyed creating your super intricate design. I am so glad your henna was appreciated by friends and family.