Best Day Ever Weddings + Events Reviews

19 | San Diego, CA

19 Reviews for Best Day Ever Weddings + Events

• Louisa

Louisa Llanes · Getting married on 01/02/2021

AMAZING Planner and Team!

We loved working with Stephanie! She has an incredible eye for detail and is very responsive. I would recommend her to anyone looking for a wedding planner!

Sent on 05/09/2019
  • Kim

Kim · Married on 09/14/2019

Great Job!

Stephanie and her team did a GREAT JOB on the day of our daughters wedding. One of our vendors came unprepared to perform their job in a professional manor and we are so happy Stephanie was there. It could have been really bad if she wasn't there to get things done. Stephanie and her team worked hard to make things run smoothly under very trying circumstances. You can tell she truly cares about your event and works very hard to assures it goes well. Thank you Stephanie!

Sent on 09/24/2019

Luke Schlimme · Married on 06/23/2019

So glad we hired them!

I am so glad we hired Stephanie and her team for our wedding!! After doing most of the planning ourselves, we knew we needed someone to run the show during our wedding. After bringing Stephanie onboard, my anxiety lessened and I was able to enjoy myself. Stephanie and her team were friendly and professional. Her planning tools helped keep us on track and her day of coordination allowed us to focus on each other and our guests instead of all the details. I would definitely recommend Stephanie and her team for anyone panning a wedding and/or needing day of wedding coordination.

Sent on 07/11/2019

Nicole and Alex · Married on 09/02/2018

Great co-ordinator and great value!

We found Stephanie on our venue's recommended vendors list, and we're so happy we did. While Stephanie was our month-of coordinator, she had calls with us every month to stay on top of the planning process and understand exactly what our vision was. As our wedding approached, she helped us finalize our timeline and was our liaison with our other vendors. When it came to the day of the wedding, Stephanie took care of so many little details. From set-up to send-off Stephanie was a lifesafer and allowed us to enjoy the party without having to worry about the details.

Sent on 10/27/2018

Best Day Ever Weddings + Events's reply:

Thanks Nicole!! It was such a pleasure to help you plan your Best Day Ever! I'll miss our monthly/weekly chats. I keep you in my daily prayers, thank you for dedicating your life to healing children and their families. =)) Congratulations again!

Morgan · Married on 07/14/2018

Hiring Stephanie as our Day Of Coordinator for our wedding in Julian this month was hands down the best decision we made in the wedding planning process. We could not have done it without her! Even though we hired her only for day-of, she was helpful throughout the entire process. She recommended vendors who were great, and was always quick to answer any questions we had. In the weeks leading up to the wedding, she helped us get all of the little details figured out and organized. Wedding planning can be so overwhelming, especially at a venue where so much is DIY and Stephanie made sure nothing was forgotten. When we got to our wedding day, she made sure everything went smoothly and created a dream wedding for me and my husband. She made it so we didn't have to stress about a single thing on our wedding day, which is how it should be! When I walked in to our reception area I was blown away by how beautiful everything was set up, with minimal direction from me. I couldn't have dreamed it any better! At the end of the night she made sure everything was cleaned and pack up so we didn't have anything to worry about the next day. I really couldn't recommend any wedding vendor more than Stephanie. If you have any doubts about whether or not to get a coordinator or planner, I would say it is worth every penny and more!

Sent on 07/26/2018

Best Day Ever Weddings + Events's reply:

Thank you so so much for this sweet review Morgan!! I absolutely loved working with you, Morgan and all your friends and family. It was a beautiful day, full of love. Congratulations again, and please do keep in touch!

Ariane · Married on 12/31/2017

We would give Stephanie and her team 10 stars if we could. We are so thankful for Stephanie as she helped us plan our wedding in San Diego while we were across the country in NYC, all in 5 months. We first met with her during our menu/cake tasting where we were immediately impressed by how prepared she was, her thoughtful and pointed questions, and that she quickly came to understand what was important to us for our wedding. During our wedding weekend, she and her team took care of everything, including assembling centerpieces, referring an fabulous hair and makeup team, recommending a talented florist, keeping our entire wedding party in line, coordinating with vendors, set up, and clean up- across two days of events.

We were particularly struck by Stephanie's professionalism, efficiency with time and money, creativity, and thoughtfulness. She also made us feel so special by surprising us with light up balloons and glow sticks at the end of our reception during New Year’s Eve!

At the end of the weekend, Stephanie also helped us donate our flowers and other wedding items to local organizations. We absolutely loved working with Stephanie and are so appreciative of all she did for us on our wedding weekend. We enthusiastically recommend her for your wedding!

-A & S

Sent on 01/27/2018

Michael · Married on 05/12/2017

As a photographer, it's always hard to tell if you'll be able to sync up with a wedding planner, but Stephanie was fantastic to work with. She was on top of everything and kept us on schedule, making the day run smoother for the couple.

Sent on 05/12/2017

Best Day Ever Weddings + Events's reply:

Aww, thanks Mike! It was a pleasure working with you too! Thank you so much for your flexibility and professionalism. The photos are beautiful as well - so glad they found you. =)

Kimberly · Married on 04/29/2017

First and foremost, there are no words to explain how happy and thankful my now husband and I are with Best Day Ever Events. Huge thanks to one of my bridesmaids for referring us to Stephanie. Our wedding was nothing short of perfection. I foolishly tried to plan the wedding on my own (while losing my mind) and thanks to Stephanie I could relax, knowing everything was going to be taken care of and done right. Not only does Stephanie have great taste and ideas, she is also very knowledgeable and connected to vendors. She completely took over all negotiations and scheduling to the point that all we had to do was sign on the dotted line. On the day of our wedding because of Stephanie all I had to worry about was looking my best. She was also amazing when it came to keeping my family and the wedding party on time (which is no easy task). Stephanie also went above and beyond with stepping up and helping in every aspect to save us money where we could as well as keeping us on if not under budget. I will most definitely without a doubt refer her to everyone I know. She is Wonder Woman in our eyes. I can't THANK Stephanie and Best Day Ever Events enough for the perfect wedding!!!!

With great thanks,
    Alex and Kimberly Schmidt

Sent on 05/16/2017

Sarah · Married on 04/08/2017

Stephanie did an amazing job coordinating our wedding- she kept us on track with both the big tasks and the little ones, made great suggestions for vendors and the floorplan/event schedule, kept in touch with all the vendors, and helped so much with the ridiculous amount of DIY decor that I was doing (flowers, signs, centerpieces, lights, draping, lanterns)- I wouldn't have been able to pull it off without her, especially the setup and the cleanup. I gave her vague ideas of what might go where, and she made it look AMAZING! And during the wedding and reception, from my view of things, everything went perfectly, which is what you want- I didn't have to worry about anything. I can't recommend her enough. Thanks Stephanie!! :)

Sent on 05/03/2017

Best Day Ever Weddings + Events's reply:

Hi Sarah!! Thank you soo much for this stellar review. I absolutely loved helping you with the geeky details of your wedding, and getting to know both yours and Santiago's family. I wish you both the absolute best, and I cannot wait to see you again soon! =) XOXO

Teina · Married on 10/01/2016

When I Best Day Ever Weddings was referred to me, I had no idea at the time how VERY much I needed this woman in my life! I had never put on a wedding let alone for the most important young lady in my entire LIFE, my daughter.
    Two words.
    Stress free - that is just the beginning of what Stephanie @ Best Day Ever Weddings provided us! My daughter's wedding was so beautiful, no stress, and everyone - literally every guest - had an amazing time. Every aspect of the wedding down to the smallest detail was looked over, planned, and facilitated by Stephanie. One might have thought I would have been a neurotic mess on the wedding day – NOPE. ALL was handled. Smooth. Professional. Best of all – my daughter, her husband, and myself ALL got to FULLY enjoy this tremendously important and blessed day.

Stephanie is genuinely kind, helpful, and she made fantastic suggestions for vendors! I couldn't be happier with how everything went from the rehearsal to the wedding reception to clean up the next day!! She goes over and above - simply stated we all feel tremendously blessed to have come across this lovely lady and her services.

Sent on 10/18/2016

Best Day Ever Weddings + Events's reply:

Thank you Teina for the lovely review! I absolutely loved getting to know you and your family. It was as much a blessing to have met you!! =)

Sydney · Married on 10/01/2016

Stephanie is great! She is very professional and always quick to respond. You can tell she truly cares about her clients and the partners and other vendors she works with.

Sent on 10/19/2016

Best Day Ever Weddings + Events's reply:

Thanks Sydney!! I am a firm believer in teamwork, and Platinum Event Rentals always takes the stress out of equipment rentals. Your team is top notch, from sales to service, and your setup/strike team are wonderful! Can't wait for the next one (which I need to email you about soon!!). =))

nick · Married on 10/01/2016

We were the Djs for this event and Stephanie was great to work with! All the equipment was high quality and she was very fun/ friendly. Would definitely recommend.

Sent on 10/25/2016

Best Day Ever Weddings + Events's reply:

You guys rock! Thanks for making the day so special and flawless! PS - Nick... I'll fly out to the east coast for ya... =))

Ashlyn · Married on 10/01/2016

Book her!!! She's extremely organized and professional. I feel extremely blessed we worked with Stephanie. We were married on the beach and with that comes a lot of EXTRA preparation and she handled everything!!! She's the best.

Sent on 10/25/2016

Best Day Ever Weddings + Events's reply:

Thank you so much for the AWESOME review!! You are not just a past client - you're family too. =)) Love you!

Conor · Married on 06/25/2016

Stephanie is amazing. My wife and I had a backyard wedding, and she made everything so easy. From coordinating with all of the vendors, to setting up her own hand-made decorations, she was incredibly helpful. We even made multiple changes on the location of the actual ceremony, and she was very flexible and addaptive. We couldn't have done it without her.

Sent on 10/26/2016

Best Day Ever Weddings + Events's reply:

Conor - there are no words to describe how incredibly blessed I feel for having gotten to know you, your family, and be a part of your special day! Thank you for the opportunity to get my craft-ing fix on! =)) I love adding personal touches, and so appreciate you allowing me to design the perfect garden bohemian wedding in your family home. Thank you!!

Hanna · Married on 02/20/2016

Stephanie was a pleasure to work with. She was extremely thorough with all details, and, anticipated things happening before they actually did.

Sent on 11/14/2016

Jennifer · Married on 05/09/2015

Stephanie was the key to my not panicking on my wedding-so worth it!

Sent on 10/20/2016

Best Day Ever Weddings + Events's reply:

Thank you so much for being such an easy-going bride! I love multi-location weddings (church ceremony, and a cocktail hour / reception elsewhere) - and yours was absolutely beautiful. =) Sending you and John my love and wishing you all the best in the future to come!

Doris · Married on 05/23/2018

Our wedding day was perfect and Stephanie was a huge part of why the day was so successful.

In choosing a day-of coordinator, we contacted a handful of people, and Stephanie immediately made a great impression. During our initial Skype chat, she asked important questions about our vision for our wedding. Considering how personable and detail-oriented she was, we knew we had to choose her. Prior to our wedding, she met us at our venue (Sacred Mountain Julian) for a site visit, and was very knowledgeable and professional. Throughout the entire process, she listened to what we were envisioning, offered great alternatives in a respectful and creative way, and let us use props from her own inventory.

On our wedding day, Stephanie and her team executed our vision perfectly, prepping everything from table settings to lawn games to the garland on the arch. We didn't have to worry about a thing! She made sure everything ran smoothly, coordinated with our vendors, and even cut our cake. At the end of the night, she wrapped up the leftover cake and packed everything up neatly, which was a blessing because the last thing you want to do on your wedding night is clean up.

Thank you so much for everything, Stephanie!

Sent on 07/14/2018

B.K. · Married on 10/08/2016

Stephanie runs a top-notch business that will enhance your wedding experience!

Sent on 11/16/2016

Andrew Snyder · Married on 08/17/2019

2.4
      3.0
      3.0

Underwhelmed and poorly executed

I would like to preface this review by saying I am no means trying to bash Stephanie as a person, but as a Wedding Coordinator she did not live up to our expectations, especially on the day of the wedding.

I gave some time after my wedding to think things over and realized how much it bothered me that certain events had occurred during the planning process and on the day of, which I feel could have been easily prevented. I reached out to a few different wedding coordinators that were on my venue’s vendor recommended list. I picked Stephanie because she had so much experience working at the venue we had chosen, she seemed like someone who was well organized and on top of things. I made it clear from the beginning that I am a detailed person and she was well aware of everything scheduled for my wedding. I didn’t throw in any curveballs at her randomly. I always tried to make her life easier by staying on top of things on our end. My husband and I used her website constantly to keep track of our planning process and to upload vendor contracts. She even told us that we were star clients and role models for other couples because of how good we were at uploading contracts and checking off our to-do list. She started off fine and was good about responding to emails. My contract with her was for 8 weeks plus wedding day, but emails were permitted from the moment you booked her. A few months before the wedding I noticed a change. Stephanie was 45 minutes late on a phone call meeting we had booked and when she did call us, she was in the car with her husband on the road and didn’t seem prepared. Then less than a month away she completely missed another phone call meeting we had scheduled. She said her assistant forgot to put it on her calendar, but she was on all of the emails regarding the time and day of the call. I gave Stephanie the benefit of the doubt because she said she was very busy, but that hiring an assistant would help her. Well after the first incident when she called very late, I asked her if her assistant was helping her and she abruptly responded with, “Why?!” I was taken aback a bit by her tone. Her personality was never super warm or friendly, but I at least expected it to be professional and not off-putting. Each phone meeting I noticed that Stephanie would ask me the same questions as the last time we spoke. She gave me the impression she was taking notes down each time. So I wondered what happened to all the notes she took each time we spoke. I am aware that sometimes things can change and she may want to double check, but it was the same exact questions each time and my answers did not change. We were supposed to have weekly calls the month of my wedding, but that never happened. I didn’t feel like a priority at all. My husband and I kept thinking that on the day of our wedding she would execute flawlessly since she did get such good reviews. However, I was very disappointed on how she handled several things on the day of our wedding. As a wedding coordinator I would think that the most important thing is to be a great communicator. She was not. Here are some reasons why.

1. The morning of my wedding I saw her once when she came to say hello while I was getting ready. After that I didn’t see her again until the ceremony. She or her assistant was supposed to make sure that I knew when to head over to the ceremony site and have a golf cart pick me up. That never happened. She should’ve at least text me. I had to tell my family when to head to the ceremony site and my father-in-law is the one who drove me in his car to the ceremony waiting tent before the ceremony started. I kept wondering, where is my coordinator and why isn’t she helping? She was short with me when I told her that nobody knew where to be and that I had to direct everyone and figure out my own ride to the tent.

2. I was so excited for my cousin to play the violin while the guests were being seated. I know how much she practiced and was honored to play. She had a 15 minute segment before the ceremony started. She was only in her first song when Stephanie cued the music to start and for the ceremony to begin. My cousin didn’t know what to do and just stopped playing and sat down confused. She felt so awkward. I was sitting in the tent wondering why the DJ’s music was playing over my cousin’s violin. If we were running behind then all she had to do was communicate to my cousin beforehand that she needed to shorten her segment or she should have asked me! Stephanie knew I was in the tent. But she should have never cut her off like that. There was no point in her playing one song. I was so disappointed in her judgement and this was all in just the start of my wedding day.

3. There was supposed to be a goody bag under my chair for the garter dance. The DJ mentioned how funny it is to pull out a football or something fun before taking off the garter. The DJ didn’t provide that, so if we would have known that he didn’t have a proper goody bag prepared already then we would have just scrapped the whole idea and just stuck with a traditional garter removal. Again, Stephanie just assumed we still wanted it and put a mason jar and a cookie into a bag and placed it under my chair. My husband was so embarrassed when he pulled it out. Why didn’t she just ask us? Again, communicate please!

4. Stephanie cued us into the father/daughter, mother/son dance right after our cake cutting, but guests were all still upstairs getting dessert. So nobody saw our dances. We should have waited. Our parents were not pleased about this and we felt bad.

5. The morning of the wedding, my makeup and hair stylists were escorted by my father to the proper house because he saw them lost outside. They said they never received an email from my coordinator to confirm where they should meet me the morning of. Stephanie had all their information. I even coordinated the morning portion of the timeline for Stephanie because I was trying to be helpful so we knew when hair and makeup should get started.

6. Stephanie was late on giving myself and our vendors a timeline. She promised a certain date and it would never happen. I noticed a trend of over promising and under delivering.

7. When it was time for our cake cutting I noticed the top of my cake got messed up. I had to fake smile and just keep cutting. I am surprised she didn’t catch that earlier and try to fix it before all eyes/cameras were on it.

8. I was not pleased to hear that she was very short with my mother-in-law, a few family members, and guests. Again, I knew she did not have the most warm and friendly personality, but you still need to know how to talk to people without being so abrasive. I regret constantly giving her the benefit of the doubt. Members of my bridal party and family all mentioned how they didn’t think she was a very good coordinator.

9. My mother-in-law bought lemonade for the reception to give guests another option to drink other than water, wine and beer. We brought beverage dispensers and instructed Stephanie that we wanted these filled with the lemonade to make it easy for guests to find. When the time came for the reception these were nowhere to be found. We later discovered that the lemonade was being offered at the bar. Guests were unaware that this was an option and we walked home with pretty much every bottle of lemonade that we purchased.

The positive things I got out of this experience. Stephanie paid us the deposit we put down on our first cake vendor that closed their business just a couple months before our wedding. I really appreciated that. She also picked up some of our rentals from Los Angeles and returned them. Her planning site was very helpful and we used it to stay on track and upload all the vendor contracts and payment schedules.

I don’t know what happened from when we first hired her to leading up to our wedding, but unfortunately Stephanie did not execute the way she made us believe she would. I am upset that this put a damper on my wedding day and I can never get that back or relive it. Again, I think most of these things could have been avoided if she just properly communicated with us. I’m sure she wanted to keep on track of time as best as she could, but knowing that we are a detailed couple, she should not have made the final call on certain things because clearly, we were not pleased at her decision. If we had been a flaky couple who never knew what they wanted then yes, I could see why she would feel the need to make a judgement call on her own, but this was not the case. We began this process a year out with her. It wasn’t a rushed wedding. I just felt like at times she didn’t care and had poor judgement. Knowing what I know now, if I could go back then I would have hired another coordinator.

Sent on 09/09/2019

Best Day Ever Weddings + Events's reply:

Hi Ashley & Andrew! Firstly, thank you for taking the time to write such a thoughtful and honest review. It really means a lot to me, as it will definitely help me improve my processes and working with my clients. You, your family, and guests, are important to me, and I am very disappointed that I was not able to convey that effectively. I hope you can accept my sincerest apologies. If you're agreeable, I'd love to setup a time to discuss your specific points over the phone -- I will send you a personal email to schedule. Again, thank you so much for allowing me to be a part of your wedding day and I wish you both only the best! -- Stephanie