Berkeley Hall Club Reviews

• Christina

Christina · Married on 10/07/2018

100% recommend Berkeley Hall as a wedding venue

Recommendations & Highlights:

- Reserve the golf cottages for your guests to stay in and utilize the concierge staff to help with the logistics (it’s slightly more complicated than a hotel block but WELL worth it). We’re from Boston and most guests traveled, so we wanted them to get the most out of traveling here together, while enjoying the amenities of Berkeley Hall. We stayed on the premises as well, and it was so fun to be in close proximity to many of our guests for the whole weekend and not just one day.

- Megan Szucs (event planner) is a total professional who was so patient and helpful during the planning process and completely prepared and present on the day of our wedding.

- Chef John Soulia and his team are incredible. We’re picky eaters but did not want to be “that couple” that changes everything on the chef’s menu; so we ultimately trusted that we’d chosen the right place with the right chef. Long story short we could NOT have been more correct. We ordered from the wedding menu, and everything was executed beautifully and perfectly across the board - like this is not your average “wedding food”. They listened to questions, suggestions, and comments during the tasting, and they (with Megan and the concierge staff) met with us several days in advance of our wedding to review. At the end of the day, however, they’re really just amazing at doing what they do. You can trust that.

- The Berkeley Hall staff in general is unreal. They’re professional, fun, thoughtful, intuitive, funny - I could go on. We’ve heard so many positive comments back from our guests about their interactions with the people who make this place as great as it is; and the compliments are well deserved. They set the perfect tone - balanced between “here we are at a lovely private golf club” and “but really we’re here to have a great time.”

- The golf speaks for itself - we did a golf outing and everyone who played loved it.

- It’s close enough to Hilton Head that you can go to the beach, close enough to Savannah that you can get there, Old Town Bluffton is great - there’s a lot to do close to the club.

We honestly cannot think of a single negative comment about having our wedding at Berkeley Hall; and we would come back here to redo it all over again without changing a thing. It was truly one of the best experiences of our lives and will without a doubt be a tough one to beat.

Sent on 11/28/2018
  • Chelsea

Chelsea · Married on 04/08/2017

I just was married at Berkeley Hall on April 8th, 2017 and the wedding was a dream. EVERYONE at Berkeley Hall went above and beyond to make the process as stress free and efficient as possible. Tracey Mancini is a miracle worker. She literally managed our wedding of 165 people (tented outdoor) from beginning to end and EVERYTHING went off without a hitch. Do yourself a favor and get married at Berkeley Hall... I would do it again in a second if I could (I like my new hubby to much though :) )

Sent on 04/13/2017

Lori · Married on 03/18/2017

We had a 150 guest wedding with a majority flying in from Toronto and New York so you can imagine how much planning was involved and all the things that could possibly go wrong, but the entire weekend could not have gone more smoothly. From the beautiful onsite accommodations, the rehearsal dinner in the Berkeley room, the golf tournament on Friday and the big day on Saturday, everything was perfect. The staff at Berkeley Hall is world class- not only are they friendly and accommodating but they went the extra mile to make everyone feel so welcome. Tracey, the wedding coordinator, did a fantastic job making sure every little detail was perfectly executed and I loved how she put her own little touches during the rehearsal dinner and wedding day. I honestly would not have changed a thing and can't thank everyone at Berkeley Hall enough for making this day so memorable.

Sent on 04/19/2017

Brianne · Married on 10/29/2016

I have been going to Berkeley since I was about 12 years old so this was going to be my venue. Everyone at Berkeley was extremely professional and willing to assist in anyway possible. Tracey the wedding coordinator is as good as it gets! She was responsive with requests and she assisted my Mother at all times as my Mom was doing most of the planning. My husband and I wanted to do a fun entrance and she timed it for me so I could make sure that the music matched up. When I got there for the wedding I walked over on my own to take everything in and she made me feel so special like we were family and we she was so excited to show me everything. The biggest thing Tracey did for me was at the end of my wedding. With all the craziness my mom and I didn't realize we needed to get the sparklers. At 1030, Tracey ran out to Walmart and got sparklers for our exit. And she was back in time to make sure they cut cake for my husband and I to try. I honestly couldn't be more grateful to have had her throughout the planning and that evening. She took a ton of pressure off myself and even more importantly my Mom. She really did make the evening special.

Sent on 04/17/2017

Maggie · Married on 10/22/2016

I was absolutely blown away by Berkeley Hall! The place is absolutely gorgeous. Tracey Mancini is the Event Coordinator. I felt so at ease knowing she was in charge. She handled my wedding better than I could have ever imagined. SHE IS THE GREATEST!!!!! First off, the clubhouse is spectacular. My Bridesmaid Luncheon was in the Berkeley Room. It is such a perfect place for a ladies lunch. The guys were able to set up a golf tournament that Friday while we were doing the Luncheon. Also in the Clubhouse is the Ladies "Locker Room" where all us girls got ready on Saturday. It's more of a Women's Multi-Room Lounge. There are several rooms inside and it made for a beautiful background for photos! We had an attendant who made sure we had everything we needed. We had mimosas set up and tons of finger foods for us. My hair and makeup ladies had plenty of room to set up. The Men's Locker Room was next door and I hear it is more impressive than the women's! The food at BHC was delicious! My guests went on and on about how good the food was. I also had the pastry chef at Berkeley Hall make my wedding cake and it turned out even better than the inspiration photo I showed her! There are about 20 golf cottages that line either side of the clubhouse. That may have been what sealed the deal for us. All of our 150 guests were traveling from out of town and we wanted everyone to be able to stay on the property the whole weekend. These cottages are huge and hold about 12-14 people each with a full-size kitchen. All of my family and my husband's family ended up arriving to BHC the Thursday before the wedding. We had a trailer full of stuff that we brought for the wedding. Tracey took it all from us and she handled everything! I was able to relax and enjoy the entire weekend! All of my guests just raved about the venue and how stunning it is! All of the staff at BHC are wonderful. It was the best experience ever and I know it was all because of Berkeley Hall and Tracey.

Sent on 11/15/2016

Heather · Married on 06/25/2016

Berkeley Hall is an amazing wedding venue! First of all, it is absolutely gorgeous. We had our ceremony at the gardens overlooking the infinity pool. Our reception was outside behind the club house in a wonderful, beautifully decorated, air-conditioned tent! The views of the golf course were stunning. Second, the wedding coordinator, Ashleigh, is truly outstanding. She went above and beyond through the whole planning process and on our wedding day to make sure everything was perfect. She is so sweet and really thinks of every detail. Ashleigh allowed for the planning of our wedding to be stress free and fun! She is one of a kind. Third, the food at Berkeley is also outstanding! Our guests are still raving about it. Fourth, Berkeley offers affordable, gorgeous on site housing options, so our guests did not have to travel after the wedding. Berkeley Hall really does have it all. From hosting a golf outing and a welcome party at the pool the day before to our perfect wedding night. Many of our guests told us it was the best wedding they have ever attended. I cannot thank Ashleigh and the Berkeley Hall staff enough for making our day so perfect!

Sent on 07/16/2016

Dear Heather,
    Wow - such kind words! We truly appreciate the opportunity to make your celebration an unforgettable one for you and your guests. Thank you for sharing and we wish you and your husband a lifetime of love and laughter!
    Kind Regards,
    Ashleigh and the Berkeley Hall team

Melissa · Married on 04/23/2016

Ashleigh is the most amazing wedding coordinator. Everything that you needed, she was one step ahead of you. Berkeley Hall is a beautiful country club, even more believable than the pictures. I highly recommend using this venue. Ashleigh will work hard to make your wedding perfect. Our ceremony was on the back lawn outside of the club house. The view of the golf course and the lake lit up at night was breath-taking. We received so many compliments. This is definitely not a venue to miss!

Thank you Ashleigh & all of the crew at Berkeley Hall!!!

Sent on 05/03/2016

Berkeley Hall Club's reply:

We are truly humbled by your review, Melissa. The entire team at Berkeley Hall strives for every bride to enjoy her incredible day as you have. Thank you so much for the opportunity to be a part of your celebration!

Dana · Married on 03/12/2016

Ashleigh was absolutely wonderful to work with. We used Berkeley Hall for our "southern style" rehearsal dinner and it was fantastic. Ashleigh was very responsive, creative, informative, etc. The weather was beautiful that day and we were even able to use the verandah outside. Highly, highly recommend!

Sent on 04/18/2016

Brittany · Married on 02/27/2016

Berkeley Hall was the perfect venue! Not only was it beautiful, but Ashleigh and the Berkely Hall staff helped me plan my wedding in 3 months all while I was living in New Jersey. Ashleigh deserves all the praise in the world for what she does and my husband and I couldn't have been happier with our wedding weekend.

Sent on 03/08/2016

Berkeley Hall Club's reply:

Thank you, Brittany, for your kind review! You and your family were a joy to work with, and I LOVE that the warm sun came out for your weekend of celebration. We wish you and your sweet husband all the happiness for many years to come!

John · Married on 12/19/2015

My wife and i actually had to move our date up due to family illness and changed venues to Berkley Hall. We looked around and found this site to be absolutely stunning as well as surprisingly affordable. Ashleigh the events coordinator worked with us around our budget and made sure everything was perfect. The little details that she adds in, down to place setting name tags were amazing. She also went the extra mile during our photo time to make sure that we each had a drink. For the food, we did passed hors d'oeuvres and stations for dinner and it was absolutely delicious, the chef is truly amazing at what he does. To cap it off they had cheese and wine waiting for us at the cottage after the reception which was an amazing cap to an amazing night.
    If you are thinking about getting married in the Bluffton or Hilton Head area you seriously need to take a look at this venue. They work well with your budget and beat some of the other clubs in this area out in all aspects in my opinion and I have been to a few weddings in this area and priced the others.

Sent on 03/15/2016

Lauren & Lyon · Married on 11/07/2015

My husbands parents have been members of Berkeley Hall for years, and when we decided to have our wedding there we knew it was the right choice. Ashleigh has gone above and beyond to make sure everything was taken care of! All I really had to do was show up for the wedding! Impeccable hospitality!

Sent on 11/13/2015

Berkeley Hall Club's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind review! You could not have given us a better compliment. The entire team at Berkeley Hall is grateful and honored to have been a part of your Day!

Marisa · Married on 06/13/2015

Berkeley Hall was the most perfect venue for our wedding day! The plantation itself is impeccably beautiful: The grounds are beautifully maintained, the club house is stately and so gorgeous, and the golf courses are breathtaking. Our ceremony took place in the Savannah Gardens, which were stunningly beautiful. Our reception took place in a tent at the club house. The food was so delicious and the service our guests and we received was top notch. Working with Ashleigh was such a pleasure! She was so professional, responsive and accommodated our every need with a smile. Berkeley Hall made our wedding day everything that we imagined it could be!

Sent on 07/30/2015

Nicole · Married on 05/29/2015

Berkeley Hall was the perfect place for our wedding! We had a destination wedding, and while we were very familiar with the area, we did not have a clue when it came to wedding vendors, etc. Ashleigh was incredible. She went above and beyond to make sure the day was exactly what WE wanted. Not only was Ashleigh incredible, but the entire staff at Berkeley Hall was top notch as well. The grounds were meticulously maintained and made for the perfect backdrop to our big day. Further, the clubhouse made a huge statement and was an amazing spot for our reception. It meant so much to me to be able to have everything outside, WITHOUT a tent, and Ashleigh made it happen. From food tasting to flowers, to transportation and decor, Ashleigh was there for it all. Ashleigh even set up for babysitters to come to the clubhouse and cottages and stay with all of the kids, because we chose not to have kids at the reception. It was a nice touch for the parents, one less thing for them to worry about! Additionally, Chef allowed us to pick all our favorite foods and incorporated them into the wedding somehow. He even had Portillo's, a famous restaurant in Chicago (our hometown), flown in for our after party. Everyone raved about the food! We had several families stay in the cottages, and they could not stop talking about how incredible the cottages were. They were spotless, very roomy, but yet allowed for privacy if needed. All in all, from the first conversation with Ashleigh to the actual day, and everything in between, our experience was amazing. This venue is truly one of the top in the area!!

Sent on 08/26/2015

Tara · Married on 05/23/2015

This wedding venue is by far the most elegant and beautiful place to have a wedding in the Bluffton area! I fell in love with the elegant and huge clubhouse, back lawn overlooking the pond and golf course, and especially the lavish and heavily flowered Savannah Gardens by the main entrance! Berkeley hall certainly does everything over the top from pink lemonade and water for guests before the ceremony to an overnight cottage with wine and appetizers from your cocktail hour for the bride and groom! The getting ready areas for the bride and groom are unreal and even come with an attendant and ability to order lunch before the ceremony! Most of all the Director, Ashleigh Whitmore is the most accommodating and sweetest person to work with at any venue in the lowcountry! She ensures everything goes off without a hitch and is calm, cool and collected! She includes many special touches and does not miss a trick! This day will forever be a beautiful memory and is well missed! You can not go wrong with Berkeley Hall as your choice for your big day!

Sent on 07/27/2015