Bend Weddings and Events Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner

• Melanie
    Melanie R. Married on 09/19/2021

Glad I didn’t decide to DIY this

We had a small wedding, so I debated whether this was even necessary for a long time. I’m the end, I decided a day-of coordinator would be a good way to avoid working my own wedding or passing undesirable tasks off to friends & family. Naomi went above & beyond, planning for things I hadn’t given any thought, & finding tasks she could do & ways she could help on her own initiative with no prompting. Great communication & work ethic; I highly recommend her services. Thanks, Naomi!

Bend Weddings and Events's reply:

Melanie, you are so sweet! Thank you so much for your kind words and I'm glad I got to be a part of your beautiful day. Congratulations to you and Zachary!
    Hannah C. Married on 06/26/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Couldn’t have done it without them!

We hired Naomi from Bend Weddings to help plan our wedding in southern Oregon and truly cannot sing her praises enough. Not only did Naomi not miss a beat - from flagging schedule misses with other vendors, to missing florals we never would have noticed - but she exuded a sense of calm and poise that was so needed on the most energetic and overwhelming of days. Hiring her was maybe one of the best decisions we have made when it comes to our wedding day. Thank you, Naomi, for all you did for us. We could not have done it without you!

Bend Weddings and Events's reply:

Hannah! Thank you so much for your sweet words, it means the world to me! It was such a joy to be a part of your celebration and one I won't forget!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
    Kristen I. Married on 05/08/2021

A Perfect Day!

Naomi Russell was a wonderful help planning my daughters wedding from a different state during Covid. She kept us all sane with recommendations and ideas. We hired her as a Day of coordinator and she made sure the day ran smoothly and stress free. What a beautiful day. Just perfect.

Bend Weddings and Events's reply:

Thank you so much! It was my pleasure to be a part of such a sweet and beautiful day! I miss our emails! Say hello to the family for me!
  • Linda
    Linda M. Married on 09/13/2020

Consummately professional

Naomi Russell expertly helped the bride and groom plan and carry out a wedding that went through many changes. The process began 9 months ahead of time in December of 2019, encountered the difficulties of COVID restrictions and the last minute challenge of wildfire smoke on the days preceding and the day of the wedding. Naomi responded with cool expertise, confidence and completeness. She is very knowledgeable about the processes and etiquette of the wedding festivities, helpful with recommendations and alternatives, professional in her communications. We ended up relying on her more than we thought we would, especially when unexpected circumstances occurred. Well versed, tireless, extremely competent. She is a great ally to lead your team.

Bend Weddings and Events's reply:

Thank you so much, Linda! It was my pleasure to be a part of your daughters and family celebration. With all the obstacles we faced it turned out beautifully! Congrats again to Sarah and Dillon.
    Amanda Married on 10/26/2019

Magadalyn is AMAZING

Magadalyn was a godsend on our wedding day. I put together most of the details myself, but when it came down to execution, I knew I needed help so as to not overstress day-of. She was AMAZING. She took over, and got my vision without me having to explain much and really did well. She not only handled communication between all the vendors in the weeks leading up to the day, but that weekend too, as well as the set up of the reception/ceremony. When we threw a last minute second site at her, she rolled with it, even making sure that our decor stretched for both sites. She kept me calm, and even helped re-corset my dress when it was too loose after bridesmaids helped. I cannot recommend her enough - especially for those who aren't certain they need a coordinator. I didn't think I did and I don't think the wedding would have been pulled off had it not been for her. She was wonderful! And if we did it all again, I'd hire her sooner. Love her!
  • Tiffany
    Tiffany Married on 09/07/2019

One of a kind

Naomi at bend weddings and events was the perfect choice for my day of coordinator. She was so worth the money and made both of our families and I at ease. The wedding went off so smoothly. I couldn’t have asked for a better coordinator.

Bend Weddings and Events's reply:

Thank you Tiffany! It was my pleasure to be a part of you and Wil's beautiful wedding at Brasada. I'm so happy to read you were thrilled with your wedding and was able to enjoy your special day with family and friends.
  • Emily
    Emily C. Married on 10/13/2018

Phenomenal

Magadalyn was absolutely amazing. Day of flow was perfect and I couldn't have asked for anything more.
    Pamela C. Married on 10/13/2018

Well worth the expense!

We could not have pulled off this
    beautiful wedding without Bend Weddings. Professional, capable, trustworthy and kind describe
    this group. I personally recommend
    them and appreciate their expertise.
    Melissa Married on 09/16/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Magadalyn was amazing, I don’t know how we could have done it without her! Highly recommend! :)
    Elaine Married on 07/28/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Magadalyn helped to make our day go off without a hitch. She helped me from day one of planning. Anytime I needed her, she was always available to share her wealth of information and experience with me. Magadalyn was always quick with a solution for any question or concern I had when it came to the wedding planning process, and her relationships with local vendors made it easy for me to make great choices about who my wedding day team would be. I planned my Bend wedding with Magadalyn from Tigard/Portland, so most of our communication was via email or phone call. Whenever I was in town, she was always willing and eager to meet in person to talk about details. When it came to rehersal and day of, Magadalyn made sure that everyone knew where they were supposed to be. She was the reason our day ran so smoothly. I gave her all of my decor the night before and when I arrived at the venue, it was set up beautifully! She took my vision and made it even better than I could have imagined. I barely lifted a finger on my wedding day which is just what I wanted.
    Magadalyn and her team are the group you want on your side during your wedding planning process.
    Gary Married on 07/20/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    She crushed all the details for us. We would have been lost without her!

Bend Weddings and Events's reply:

It was my pleasure! Both of your families were a delight to work with!
    Marni Married on 07/14/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Our wedding day was without a doubt even more magical than we could have ever imagined, and all of this was due to Magadalyn and her amazing team at Bend Weddings and Events. Throughout the entire planning process, Magadalyn was an exceptional listener, so she knew what we were about and what we wanted. Her experience and amazing attitude means she has incredible relationships with all the wonderful vendors in town, which meant she was able to seamlessly direct us to vendors that fit our vision and budget. She is an absolute joy to be around, and was always available for both quick and long chats, and went out of her way to make sure we knew what needed to be done, and also knew what was going on behind the scenes. Her communication skills are excellent, so we always felt in the know, and I can't recommend her highly enough. I truly can't imagine our wedding day without her---she is so incredibly organized without being high strung, and has such a calming presence about her which made the whole planning process stress free and fun. I am so sad our wedding is over for many reasons, and missing Magadalyn is definitely on the top of that list! I really can't recommend her enough! My wish for everyone planning a wedding is that they can have a Magadalyn in their life as it makes the whole journey such an absolute joy and ease! :)
    Miller Married on 07/07/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I honestly can't say enough about how wonderful Magadalyn is! I hired her for "day of plus" and plus is beyond what I got!! Right from the start she "got me," she asked just the right questions and from that point on knew exactly what I wanted. She is incredibly engaging, her communication skills are on point and she had my back when snags came up. She knows all the vendors in town and is a great help at pairing you up with the ones that not only fit your style best, but ALSO your budget! When the big day came, I was not at all anxious or worried about anything going astray, I knew she had it covered and the wedding was perfect!! From start to finish I couldn't have been more pleased. I'd hands down recommend her to anyone; she's the way to go!!

• vDymond
    Venus Married on 06/23/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    At the start of wedding planning there's that first amazingly electric yaaay we're getting married!! Then you jump on WeddingWire to scour through the best valued vendors for your budget. You'll feel that first bit of feeling overwhelmed. This is where we paused on the wedding planning train to find someone to sit with and communicate our wedding vision. My husband and I were pretty set on hiring Magadalyn almost immediately. She is very eager to communicate clearly with the both of you to be sure your wedding day is everything you envision. Magadayln and her staff made our wedding dream a reality! Do not hesitate to hire her. She is hard working, extremely knowledgeable, passionate about her career and produces amazing results, not to mention very sweet and kind. Highly recommend!!
    Lori Married on 04/19/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Magadalyn is the best! Do not hesitate to hire a wedding planner, and Bend weddings and events is the best. She bent over backwards and truly made my day perfect! So many things came together only because she was there. She hustles, works hard, and is a must have for any event.
  • F
    Frank Married on 10/29/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We chose Magadalyn at Bend Wedding and Events mid way thru our prep journey based on the reality of we couldn't do it on our own. She came well recommened and GLAD we did. First the Phone response was quick and very helpful. We did not want to go thru e mail hell and so her inital Phone dialogue helped imensely. We had on site meeting and shared all the needs. Magadalyn of Bend Wedding and Events had great insights in to reputable vendors and we trusted her recomendations for our chooosing. Importantly we said Success would be our ability walk in to the Ceremony and reception like a guest , enjoy the celebration and leave at the end feeling elated .
    WE DID.
    My wife and i were thrilled with the outcomes . We Highly Recommend Magadalyn of Bend Wedding and Events .
    Jess Married on 10/07/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Magadalyn was an absolute gem to work with. As a bride its very frustrating when you do not get a response in a timely manner about things that are important to you regarding your wedding. She would always respond same day and would be willing to answer any questions we had. She read multiple vendor contracts and deciphered everything for us since this was a destination wedding for us. She gave great recs on vendors and worked well with all of them. We loved working with her and feel that she is the perfect addition to any wedding planning venture.

Jess
  • Z
    Zak Married on 10/07/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We would highly recommend working with Magadalyn and Bend Weddings for your wedding! We hired Magadalyn because we lived in San Diego and needed someone to help coordinate our wedding in Bend. We met with Magadalyn about a year out and worked on the rough ideas and outlines. Then over the next year we communicated back and forth to finalize everything. Bend Weddigs was our representative with all the moving part and players. Whenever we needed anything done or didn't understand a contract we sent it to Magadalyn and she helped us out. The week of we met in person again and went over everything. She had coordinated with all the other players and made sure everyone was on the same page. The day of she helped deliver items, set up the room, and then continue coordinating all the moving parts. She stayed until the very end and was very good at putting out a few small problems that popped up throughout the night. We were able to enjoy our wedding and worry very little about the behind the scene events since Magadalyn was on it! She continues to look out for our interests after the wedding as we still deal with some minor problems. The biggest advice I can give someone planning a wedding is have someone you represents your interests and knows the ins and out of wedding planning. We could not have had such an amazing wedding without Magadalyn and Bend Weddings.

Zak
    Julie Married on 09/30/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I started out assuming I would not be hiring a coordinator or planner for my wedding. Once reality caught up with me and I started looking for help, Magadalyn offered so much more than the others for the price. I hired her after the first phone call and was so thankful that I did. She was invaluable leading up to the wedding with her legwork as well as giving me ideas for every little detail. When it comes to the day of and everything she did, I honestly don’t think there is any way we could have done it without her. I was able to relax with my family in the morning of my wedding day while Magadalyn handled everything. I truly can not express how essential Bend Weddings and Events was to my wedding!

Loved working with you both and your Lovely & Talented Family
    Karissa Married on 09/16/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Magadalyn is truly a talented and gifted person with her organizational skills. Her ability to execute a detailed and well thought out wedding is flawless. Magadalyn has super time management skills, which allows her to work efficiently, effectively, and quickly. She takes her time to make sure she has researched all options for each detail of our wedding. I never waited long for a response, whether it was via text, email, or phone call. She strived for perfection and to make our wedding a magical day in all regards. Magadalyn communicates with all other vendors in a professional and detailed way to be sure that all moving parts are on the same page. She made sure our wedding was a magical day! We are so thankful we had her help throughout our wedding planning, and we know others will be thankful too!
  • OregonBrooke
    Brooke Married on 09/03/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    If I could give Bend Weddings and Events 10 stars, I would. Her services are invaluable, and she fulfilled my expectations completely. I had NO STRESS the day of the wedding in regards to how the day would flow and how our plans would be executed. As for her personality, I instantly felt like she was my friend. She is warm, personable, and understanding. This is important for an anxious bride!

We hired Magadalyn as a Day-of Coordinator, and she went above and beyond. From the start she took time on the phone with me for a consultation, explaining the process and what I could expect. This helped me understand how the next few months would go. During the planning process, she checked in with me frequently and readily answered any questions or concerns I had about wedding planning.

While Magadalyn ALWAYS had suggestions and helpful insights, she allowed me to create a wedding I thought would best fit us and our personalities -- as opposed to adhering to "standard" practices. Her experience and advice helped me be prepared in advance for the day-of needs -- checks for vendors, lists of toast givers, descriptions of decorations, timelines, etc.

The day of the wedding, it felt like there were 5 Magadalyns, because I'm not sure how she accomplished all everything we asked AND MORE with just herself -- but she did! She ensured our decorations were perfect and used her experience to enhance some of my ideas. Everything went so smoothly -- as far as I could tell!! Our guests said the same thing. There were no hiccups (that I knew of), but if there had been -- I'm certain Magadalyn would've handled it without my ever knowing.

Our wedding ceremony and reception were better than I could have ever imagined! I can positively say this is 100% because we hired Magadalyn and Bend Weddings and Events for day of coordination.
    Kelly Married on 07/12/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    The words I speak in this review will not be adequate to how truly amazing Magadalyn is as a person and how truly amazing she is at this. We do not live in the area and were planning from Victoria, BC Canada. She was SO helpful along the way and we added a few vendors later on with her recommendations which were amazing. She made my life so much less stressful planning from afar. Many worry about the cost of a planner and TRUST ME YOU NEED MAGADALYN even if you just do day of planning. We were on a budget and it is worth every penny, I promise. At the end of the night my husband and I looked at each other and said "how the hell would we have done this without her?" and honestly, I don't even know. Our wedding was a dream come true and Magadalyn was flawless. I am the event planner in my family and it is very hard for me to let go of the control as I need to execute everything myself and make sure it goes perfectly. For me to be on the receiving end of event planning with a professional was something truly amazing and foreign. All the little things you don't even realize are happening- the cake being set up, the room being set up, the flowers being dropped off, the ceremony site being set up, the ceremony moments flowing and being queued, the TIMELINE, the vendors being on that timeline, cleaning up, your things being delivered back to you and on and on. Magadalyn does ALL of this. You literally show up for this day and watch as magic unfolds. Even after the wedding was over, there was hiccup with one of the vendors and she just took care of it. We were blown away by her professionalism, her organization, her execution and most of all? She is just a truly lovely person. I felt at ease with her the second I met her and everyone else in my wedding party/family felt the same. I cannot fathom now that this is over how our day could have been nearly as magical and stress free without Magadalyn helping us out. THANK YOU!
    Elyss Married on 07/02/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Magadalyn and the staff at Bend Weddings and Events were professional, efficient and an absolute pleasure to work with. Their presence made us feel confident that our wedding day would go smoothly. They made sure details were taken care of, transitions went smoothly and that all aesthetics were lovely.
    Katie Married on 05/11/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    BOOK MAGADALYN if you want to have the most organized and best wedding.

Bend Weddings and Events's reply:

Thank you Katie! I truly enjoyed my time with you and your family & friends.
    XO