Bellwether Events Reviews

62 | Falls Church, VA

62 Reviews for Bellwether Events

62 Bellwether Events Reviews

Marisa · Married on 07/14/2018

We hired Janice as our Day of Coordinator, but it was more like month of coordinator. Janice knows her stuff. She is very knowledgeable and straight to the point. As a bride it can be easy to become distracted and overwhelmed. I found Janice to be very helpful in keeping me organized and my vendors updated because you just can't do it all. She made us a schedule for everything and not one thing went wrong on my wedding day. I was running late on the morning of the wedding which definitely put us a little behind but we still started the ceremony right on time! There were times on my wedding day where I felt tired and overwhelmed (let's face it being a bride is exhausting) and the schedule was a little hard to keep up with, but it's really there to make sure that you get to do all the things you wanted to do and don't run out of time and we were able to do all the things we wanted and I am thankful for such a seamless day. Janice removed a lot of anxiety for me. Everything was set up exactly how I wanted it and I didn't have to worry about going around to check and make sure it was right. She and her team also packed up everything I brought and helped us get it downstairs so we could load it up. She orchestrated our entire rehearsal which I could never have done aloe although I wrote the ceremony. Janice really went above and beyond for us and I am so thankful for her. If you are looking for a planner/coordinator look no further, you'll be so glad you chose her.

Peter · Married on 02/18/2018

Janice was great. We wouldn't have been able to get this wedding planned without her. She made sure she stayed on top of us throughout the process so that we would stay on track and on schedule. She knows so many vendors that we had no trouble selecting who to use for catering, flowers, DJ, etc. She was especially great on the day of, corralling the circus of vendors and bridal party members and making sure everything went smoothly. We are very happy with our decision to hire Janice!

Lauren · Married on 12/16/2017

Janice was absolutely invaluable!! We hired her for “month-of”coordination, which was really more like “6-plus weeks, and also I’ll help you out by emails well before that!” We sent her all of our vendor contracts as we made them earlier on, which meant she was pretty up to speed on everything by the time we met up for the first time.

I tend to be super-organized as it is, and even still, I knew my husband and I alone couldn’t manage all the final details, coordination, rehearsal, and work needed for the day. We met with Janice twice, in addition to a final walk-through at the venue and when she ran the rehearsal itself. She was a pro through it all: whether it was our last minute changes (there were a few), wrangling the ringbearers, or calling back our florist to return with an item we needed that day. And those are only the parts we saw! I can’t recommend Janice and Bellwether Events strongly enough.

Joanie · Married on 11/12/2017

LOST.... Thats how I would have felt without Janice. I work in catering so I had a really good grasp on that side of the planning process. However, I didn't even consider all the parts that I am not typically involved in like the CEREMONY. I never imagined all of the smaller details that were so significant/imperative to the outcome of my wedding. She was on top of it all and made sure everything went smooth. I cannot recommend her enough. Trust me, you wont be disappointed!

Ryan · Married on 09/03/2017

Janice is an amazing wedding planner and we were very lucky to have had her as our month of planner. We would have definitely benefitted from using her through the whole process, and if we were to do this again we would hire her for the entire wedding planning and preparation period. Since we were planning the wedding from overseas, Janice really enabled us to have the wedding we always dreamed of with as little stress as possible. She was on top of every detail leading up to the wedding and also provided thoughtful advice throughout the process, she even procured our wedding license for us since we couldn’t be there ahead of time to apply ourselves. She also expertly coordinated and communicated with all of our different vendors. She was a calming influence both leading up to the wedding and during the big day since we knew she would be able to handle any curve balls. Janice allowed my wife and I to completely focus on and enjoy our big day without distraction! I would absolutely recommend her to any friends and family as well as anyone in the DMV area.

Mallori · Married on 07/15/2017

Janice is effing awesome! We hired her for "month out" services and couldn't be happier. It was clear from our first meeting that she wanted to get to know us to figure out what we wanted and how she could best assist in pulling everything together.... which she did! She provided an invaluable resource when trying to make the hundreds of tiny decisions that play into the flow and feel of the day, but never forced us into choosing any specific thing. She was ready for whatever we threw at her- like two giant, divorced high- maintenance families- and was calm and collected the whole time. We had about 160 wedding guests- 90% from out of town- and she and her team made sure everyone left the hotel, got to the church, and then the reception on time. Most importantly, Janice made my husband and I feel completely ready for the day and we trusted that she would make sure everything would go off without a hitch. I didn't have to worry about anything on the wedding day. I felt more relaxed than I had in the previous 6 months and Janice had everything to do with that!

To summarize- we were happy and relaxed; the timeline worked; there were no hiccups; and everyone had an awesome time. Honestly, what more could you want for your wedding?

And just as an aside- the relationship did not end after the wedding. When our photographer went MIA for 6 months, she helped us by reaching out to her network and working with us to put together a step-by-step plan to get the photos, which we eventually did. I can't say enough about how great she was to work with!

Rebecca · Married on 05/06/2017

Janice is absolutely incredible!!! She went above and beyond to make our wedding day special and unique to us. Janice has the perfect ability to work with what your styles are and help add to the experience. She made the planning so much easier and streamlined for us as we planned our country home venue wedding. She is extremely professional, punctual and I highly recommend her to anyone planning a wedding or event in the area! Our wedding day had a lot of moving parts but I wasn't burdened with any of the details she handled it all expertly! Thank you Janice :)

Lawren · Married on 10/01/2016

Janice is a fantastic wedding planner. Upon our first meeting we told Janice our budget she immediately suggested that we don't hire her since her fee would use too much of our budget. My fiancé (now husband) were so impressed by her professionalism and sincerity that we reevaluated our budget and decided to hire her. Janice was such a god send throughout the entire planning process. Anytime we had a question regarding who we should hire, what we needed to get, and what proposal to accept she responded almost immediately. I'm a very type A, analytical type of person and having Janice around eased any stress I might have had during the entire wedding planning process. The day of she made sure that everything ran on time and was exactly as had dreamed it would be. She even made sure we got drinks and appetizers while we were taking photos! She is an amazing wedding planner and person! I highly suggest that you hire her for any event you may have. I only wish we could continue to work with her!

Edie · Married on 10/24/2015

Janice was everything for my wedding. She will walk you through decisions and options along with help you coordinate what would look best for the event.

Alexandra · Married on 07/27/2015

It’s dangerous to go alone, take Janice!

My husband and I hired Janice and Bellwether Events for the day-of coordination of our destination wedding in Edinburgh, Scotland. I can't recommend her services enough!

In starting the planning process, I quickly found myself in over my head. Local weddings are difficult enough, but adding an overseas factor made things even more complicated and stressful. However, after speaking with Janice I instantly felt better about putting things in her hands. She is incredibly thoughtful, extremely organized, and a consummate professional. She spotted and handled potential problems, helped us review contracts, worked out timelines with vendors, researched rehearsal dinner locations, and so much more! The wedding day was seamless and it was all thanks to Janice!

I wholeheartedly recommend Janice and Bellwether Events for both DC and destination weddings!

Deirdre · Married on 06/20/2015

Janice took over planning one month before (it was really a little earlier than that but she was hired as a month of planner). Janice literally took over everything and brought up a lot of issues that had never occurred to me and ideas i would have never thought of and took care of everything to make sure i had my perfect wedding. I had the perfect wedding. NOTHING went wrong and if it did Janice took care of it before anyone noticed and never brought a problem to my attention so i could enjoy myself. She was cool, calm and collected which is what not only a bride needs but often the parents too. I have already referred a few of my friends getting married soon to Janice and they have all been happy. She timed everything out for my wedding to a tee and it ran PERFECTLY on schedule.

All in all she was everything that I wanted but didn't know I'd need for a wedding planner. I think my favorite thing about her was the fact that she'd bring ideas or suggestions to my attention and it was so obvious that her #1 priority was coordinating a great wedding for me and my husband. If I was to have another event and needed a coordinators service Janice would not only be my planner she'd be my first phone call.

Janice was wonderful and gave me my ideal wedding. She was honest to god the best money I spent throughout the wedding process, worth every penny and then some more.

Stephanie · Married on 05/02/2015

Janice was the absolute BEST!! She helped make sure everything ran seamlessly (which can't have been easy with a huge wedding party, including 7 children!). She met with me, and assured me everything was going well, coordinated with all my vendors, and even ran the rehearsal. I simply can't praise her highly enough. If there was one example that really shows how truly fantastic she is, it's this: the morning after my wedding, I woke up, and realized - OH NO - where the *** is my marriage license?! I remembered seeing it in the room where I got married, so I quickly got dressed and ran upstairs to check. Nope. Nothing. I freak out, until I call Janice - not only had she overseen the officiant signing the certificate, but she mailed out the copy that needed to be returned to the DC government, and carefully placed my copy in the bridal suite!!!! I can't imagine any coordinator who will go more above and beyond than Janice!!

Laura · Married on 04/11/2015

We hired Janice for our day of planner (although the service extends almost 8 weeks or longer prior to the actual wedding date!) after seeing her do such an incredible job at my older sister's wedding in the DC area a few years ago. Janice was so wonderful to work with, put our minds at ease throughout the entire process, and helped make our wedding day run so smoothly--and we had several unexpected incidents occur (my grandmother-in-law broke her hip during the reception, AND we forgot some car keys at the hotel) where she was instrumental in helping figure out solutions quickly.

We ended up meeting with her several times (we hired her for an additional meeting at a tasting), and she mentioned so many different things that we never would have remembered to think of, or handle prior to the wedding day! She also put together an incredibly helpful timeline, organized the wedding rehearsal in an efficient way, and gave us lots of advice, feedback, and thoughts regarding so many decisions, details, and vendors. We appreciated her input, responsiveness, and take-charge attitude, which is exactly what you want in a wedding planner. Couldn't recommend her services more!

We hired Janice as the day-of coordinator for my daughter’s wedding, as well as for her help with wedding stationery and design & décor. She was FABULOUS!

I hadn’t realized at the beginning of the planning process how important it would be to have someone who knows the wedding business so well to advise and support us along the way. After all, my daughter and I are two super organized women, so how hard could it be to plan a wedding, right? Well Janice was terrific from the very start, providing us with a time table, referring us to trusted vendors (whom we loved!) when we didn’t know where to turn, and coming up with great, creative ideas for the look and feel of the event. I cannot emphasize enough how valuable it is to have a wedding planner as a guide, and Janice is the very best! She is so organized and quick to respond to emails, and has a great personality too. Janice’s help allowed us to relax in the final busy weeks before the wedding and enjoy this special time together.

And Janice’s assistance on the day of the wedding was crucial. We truly couldn’t have done it without her. She handled every big and little detail from setting up escort cards and favors to cueing the wedding party for their entrances to collecting the gifts to supplying emergency safety pins – and dozens of things we didn’t even realize she did – to make the evening go so beautifully. We were relaxed and enjoyed this very special night with family and friends due in large part to Janice’s expert help. She is a true professional and we highly recommend her.

As a professional meeting planner, I was initially only looking to have somebody help with day-of wedding services, figuring that I could do the rest myself (with the help of my mom). Was I wrong! Janice was unbelievably helpful in the months and weeks leading up to our wedding. My only regret is that we didn't hire her sooner. Not only does Janice have lots of great connections and recommendations in the industry, but she is also a pleasure to work with. She offers opinions when you want them but is extremely flexible and professional. Our actual wedding day went incredibly smoothly (and if it didn't, I didn't know about it because Janice handled it!). Having Janice there to let us know when it was time to cut the cake, speech time, and more was so helpful. I would highly recommend hiring Janice for all things wedding planning; she is the best!

Julia · Married on 11/01/2014

Janice was fantastic to work with and I would absolutely work with her again and recommend her to anyone. She was very responsive by phone and by email and answered all our questions and concerns throughout the planning process. She also made the process of finding vendors (caterer, florist, DJ, photographer) very easy, and it was clear that they all loved working with her as well. On the day of the wedding, everything went completely seamlessly, and we just got to enjoy the wedding without worrying about anything because Janice had taken care of it all. If I could work with her again to plan other parts of my life, I would do it!

Jon · Married on 08/30/2014

Let me give you an example of Janice's passion and follow-through.

We hired Janice to help plan our entire wedding weekend: rehearsal dinner, wedding, and survivors brunch. After she got our save-the-dates in the mail for us, she dropped the extra save the dates off (as we requested) on our front porch. They weren't there when we arrived. We made a quick call to Janice to confirm where she'd placed them. Unfortunately, it became apparent that someone apparently snatched them off our front porch and we assumed they were gone for good. About six hours later, we had a knock at the door. It was Janice. She was there with her husband AND our leftover save the dates. They had gone looking for them in the dumpsters around our home in the neighborhood. She had figured out that there wasn't much of value in the box beyond extra stamps (which were missing) and that someone would have likely ditched them. She found them in a nearby alley.

We felt embarrassed that we had (a) not thought of that and (b) not cared enough to go out searching for them ourselves. But this demonstrated to us that Janice (a) thinks of everything and (b) wants your wedding to be as successful (or more!) than you do. Janice is an excellent planner, she helped us stay on budget, and she curated three amazing events for us and our families. We pulled off an event that many in our families was the best wedding they'd ever attended. We wholeheartedly recommend Janice for a wedding or anything else. You won't do any better.

Jessica · Married on 03/29/2014

Bellwether Events is the real deal, and we could not imagine our wedding without her. She was worth every single penny (and then some)!

Janice was super professional, yet still managed to make us feel special during the entire process. She enhanced our own vision with her ideas, which really added some great touches! At the same time, not once did we feel like the wedding wasn't "ours".

The wedding day went off without a hitch, and while there were a couple hiccups (mostly weather related), we did not even have to deal with them. We relaxed and enjoyed our day. THIS IS WHY YOU NEED TO HIRE JANICE!

Just trust us - she's awesome.

We hired Bellwether Events as our "day-of coordinator", but they did much more than that! Janice and Rebecca were available via email or phone call months before my wedding, and very responsive. Despite Janice being unable to be there the day of my wedding, she was still very involved until the last possible minute. Since I lived out of town, we also planned a few Skype dates. Rebecca and Brett were at my wedding and they were fantastic! I did not have to worry about a thing. I honestly don't know how my wedding would have been possible without Bellwether. Rebecca made sure everything went like clockwork on the day of the wedding -- every event on our wedding day timeline (which Bellwether composed for us) was either early or on time! She was even at the rehearsal the day before the wedding. Not only are Janice and Rebecca great at their jobs, they are also wonderful people -- very pleasant, and have that calming/reassuring face you want to see on your hectic wedding day.
    Despite the heavy costs of a wedding, do not gip on the wedding planner! I feel that Bellwether was the only wedding expense that was well worth its cost. Thank you Janice, Rebecca, and Brett for helping make my wedding one of the best days of my life!

Janice of Bellwether Events was a tremendous help in planning our wedding. From the very beginning, we wanted our ceremony to be at a private residence located down a narrow and steep dirt road and our reception at a nearby vineyard. Unlike other wedding planners we interviewed, Janice approached our event with a "can-do" attitude and told us that there were solutions to every problem we encounted (a tiny driveway to turn buses around in, no parking at the residence etc,) Janice was able to find creative solutions to logictical issues and deal with multiple personalities and vendors. Janice has a strong personality and people listen and respond to her, which is extremely important when coordinating a wedding. Whenever we had a question, we always received a quick response by phone or email. If you are looking for a professional planner who will set a realistic budget, provide great vendor reccomendations, handle tricky logistical situations and be your advocate on the big day, Bellwether Events is fantastic.

Patty · Married on 09/14/2013

We initially didn't think we needed a planner, but once I started to research into it more, I decided it couldn't hurt to reach out to a few. I felt that Janice understood me the best from her first email. We explained our budget to her and she came up with a customized proposal that worked out perfect. She has relationships with vendors that help in multiple ways. She can leverage those relationships to get favorable quotes. We also had a particular style we were going for and she was right away able to suggest a florist that might work as well as provide photographer options. Janice is also very professional and it's clear she knows what she's doing. She does not hesitate to tell a vendor what is or isn't acceptable. I would never have thought to ask the caterer to go back and revisit their numbers. She's also always looking out for her clients. She notified us promptly about a promotion on a dance floor that she thought we might want to take advantage of. Of course we did!

I am sure I may have flooded Janice's inbox with emails (and I doubt I was the only bride guilty of this), but she always responded timely, whether it be advice on a design decision to etiquette, etc. Really - she's a great sounding board. And when you really have no idea what you want, her experience can really help you figure that out.

My husband even thanked Janice in his welcome speech for keeping me sane through the wedding planning process. The day of was perfect! I didn’t have to worry about anything as she ensured everything was set up and executed smoothly. I have no regrets on any of the decisions that we made. Our reception was beautiful and we threw a fantastic party – our primary objective! Can't recommend Janice more!

Mary Beth & Chris · Married on 09/01/2013

I wish it would let me give 10 STARS! After seeing what a phenomenal job Janice did as the day-of wedding planner for my sister's wedding in 2011, we didn't hesitate contacting Janice when we got engaged.
    Janice and Bellwether Events helped us realize exactly what we wanted for our wedding and then made that dream come true! Janice supported our decision to get married at an outdoor chapel in Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, despite the fact that it was a fairly remote area two hours from DC. Within just days of picking our wedding date, Janice had already contacted and was vetting several local vendors.
    Janice is a blast to work with and an utmost professional! She is unflappable, prompt, creative, and attentive to your wishes. When I started to feel stressed or overwhelmed with wedding planning, a quick call or text from Janice was all I needed to calm my nerves. She kept track of all the planning details in an elaborate timeline so we didn't have to be consumed by the nitty-gritty and could enjoy all the fun stuff. Because Janice kept us so organized along the way that we didn't have any last minute tasks left to do causing us stress right before the wedding- I just had to pick up my dress and get a mani/pedi the week before my wedding- it was fabulous!
    I'm the girl who cuts coupons and only buys clothes on sale to save money, so I can relate to those of you who think you can plan your event on your own with out hiring a planner. Listen carefully! Hiring Bellwether events was hands down the best money we've ever spent- it made the entire wedding planning process enjoyable for our entire family and allowed us to focus on the most important thing- committing our love to each other for the rest of our lives! So don't wait another second- call or email Janice right now! You'll be eternally grateful you did. We certainly are!

Mary Beth & Chris
    September 1, 2013

Janice of Bellweather Events guided me through what turned out to be a fun planning process and helped us create a beautiful and memorable wedding that was uniquely our own.

We hired Janice for full wedding planning services and she guided us through every step of the way. We began with a fairly vague vision for our wedding, but she asked the right questions of both me and my fiance that allowed us to narrow in on details that fit us perfectly.

I was initially very nervous that the wedding planning process would be overwhelming and stressful, but Janice divided the steps into an easy to follow guide that was updated as we went. For the first big decision, which was the location, she was very patient and researched a long list of options that met the various aspects of our wish-list. She scheduled venue visits for us, navigated us to and through the venues, and listened to our continued feedback. Importantly, she also gave us tips and insights about issues with certain venues that only an experienced wedding planner would know.

All that said, the aspect of Janice's service that I appreciated the most was her willingness to listen to the requests, questions, and off-the-wall desires of my fiance. I suspect like many grooms, he was opposed to wedding traditions for the sake of traditions. My fiance never subscribed to the theory that a wedding day is the bride's day. So Janice had to balance my visions and requests with my fiance's additional opinions. She expertly balanced all of our input and created a day that was special and a reflection of the two of us as a couple.

Janice's services were worth every penny we paid.

We could not be happier that we hired Janice as our month-of coordinator for our wedding! Janice is extremely organized, responsive, and meticulous. Janice was always available when we had questions, and especially helpful in the weeks leading up to our wedding. On the day of the wedding we were able to relax because we trusted Janice and knew that she was on top of every detail. We highly recommend her to anyone who is looking for a planner or coordinator, her expertise was invaluable to us!