Bellwether Events Reviews

72 | Falls Church, VA

72 Reviews for Bellwether Events

Lindsay · Getting married on 04/11/2020

The best in the business

If you're reading this review looking for a world-class planner, you should just stop now and hire Janice and the Bellwether team. Seriously. After being put in touch by a friend, my now-husband (!!) and I worked with Janice to plan our wedding in DC while we were living abroad in London. From our first call with her in Dec '18 to our wedding day in Nov '19, Janice was indispensable. She helped us both with advance planning/vendor selection as well as week/day-of coordination. Because we were only able to be in DC once or twice before the wedding itself, we trusted Janice to guide us on everything from picking a venue (which we did sight unseen) to suggesting all the local vendors. We have zero regrets on any of it. The vendors that she suggested were incredible (and many were local women-owned small businesses) and such a pleasure to get to know. Janice also helped us understand overall planning timelines, how to make our budget stretch for the things we cared the most about, coordinated with vendors the week-of and day-of, and was a superstar running our rehearsal and day-of. Our wedding day was stress-free, due in large part to Janice's organization, quick response times, attention to detail, ability to connect with and navigate complex families, and complete professionalism. Her day-of assistant was also amazing. Our only regret is that now it's over and we don't get to hang out with Janice all the time anymore!

Sent on 01/13/2020

Elizabeth Case · Married on 12/28/2019

Outstanding Service

We felt in the best of hands on our special day with Janice as our Wedding Coordinator. She was on top of every last detail, making sure all of the moving parts ran smoothly. Her responsiveness and professionalism are unmatched. Our guests could not stop raving about the organization and continuity of the whole day. All of this is thanks to Janice! She truly is the best in the business and we cannot recommend her enough!

Sent on 01/10/2020
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 09/21/2019

Made Everything Run Smoothly

We hired Janice for her "month of coordination" and she was fantastic. Janice met with us a month out and again a week before the wedding. She made sure that all of the little details that we hadn't thought of were covered.

At one point, we had meant to get a welcome sign made for our wedding and we completely forgot! But Janice didn't! She got a sign that she already had and had it done by a contact of hers.

On the day of the wedding, she and her assistant Courtney ran the event so smoothly that nothing went wrong. At one point Courtney called my now husband to make sure that he didn't come in to the venue at the wrong time and see me in my dress prematurely.

Janice was just perfect. We highly recommend her to anyone looking to hire her.

Sent on 09/23/2019
  • Emily

Emily Cerling · Married on 08/31/2019

Authentic and awesome planner

Janice was on top of things every step of the way. From selecting a venue to managing parents to day-of details, Janice was extremely organized and got things done. Would definitely recommend her wedding planning services.

Sent on 01/21/2020
  • Karema

Karema Page · Married on 08/30/2019

Janice is the first wedding planner that we talked to and was with us for the entire process, from budget planning and venue selection to bustling my dress and the sparkler send-off. She was a referral from a colleague who told me about her impeccable service. Janice is one of the most responsive people that I have ever worked with, and that includes colleagues and co-workers. She is prompt, communicative, clear, and very detail-oriented. She's also an expert at her craft. Janice will ensure that your wedding/event is a success and runs seamlessly. She is also flexible. We first engaged her for a venue search under what was already a tight timeline. We then engaged her for a wedding planning package, which she customized based on our needs and concerns. Her work and assistance were invaluable. Janice even helped us stick to our budget when we started to wander. Her vendor recommendations were spot on and, because we were planning so many things so close to the actual wedding day, she was able to help us get good deals. She doesn't necessarily have a warm and fuzzy approach, but she will get the job done impeccably. There were frustrating moments during the planning process, but I wouldn't change a thing. I knew the day-off that I could let it all go, relax, and enjoy with Janice at the helm. I trusted her 100% to ensure that my day was flawless, and it most certainly was. I recommend Janice wholeheartedly to hold your hand and walk you through the process. Putting your big day in Janice's hands is one of the smartest decisions you'll make.

Sent on 12/24/2019
  • Kimmy

Kimmy · Married on 04/27/2019

Professional, insightful, and so organized!

Initially, when starting wedding planning, we honestly were not considering a wedding planner, in attempts to save some money during the process. The venue we selected required a coordinator, and in hindsight, I’m so glad they did because we found Courtney at Bellwether. Courtney is so professional and organized, and her expertise provided insight throughout the whole wedding process. She was so patient as we worked through the timeline and vendors, and she provided answers to questions we didn’t even know we had. I can’t imagine what we may have missed if we didn’t have Courtney to walk us through it all.
    On the day, Courtney kept us on schedule, with patience and a calm demeanor. She actively participated in the set-up of our venue, making sure every little detail we planned was included. When things went awry (at no fault of her own and because it happens no matter how hard you try), she solved the issues without causing panic (mostly for me). She even had a Tide-to-Go in her bag for when I got grass stains on my dress during photos and ran after my veil for me, when it flew off literally seconds before I walked down the isle. I strongly recommend Courtney and Bellwether Events for your coordinating needs!

Sent on 11/15/2019
  • Lelia

Lelia · Married on 04/20/2019

Extremely organized and knowledgeable for a backyard wedding

Janice knows EVERYTHING you need to pull off a backyard wedding. She knows the ins and outs of generators, tents, tent floors, bathroom trailers, and all the subtle things that aren't necessarily sexy but which you NEED to pull off a functional event in your backyard. She is also very organized and has great leadership skills to get everyone in line to do what they are supposed to do. Our event was amazing and perfect largely thanks to Janice's organizational skills. Thank you, Janice!
    (Photos attached to this review are by Bokeh Lane Photography)

Sent on 06/25/2019
  • Sara

Sara · Married on 11/18/2018

Janice is the absolute best

If you are even contemplating a wedding planner in the DMV area, you must hire Janice!! My mom interviewed 35 planners in the area before telling me Janice was the perfect one for us. I don't admit this lightly, but mom was right :) Janice is the most creative, organized and helpful planner you will find. Both my husband and I are super type A people but Janice kept our stress in line and we trusted her implicitly to run point with vendors, keep our budget on track, and on the day of, make sure everything ran without a hitch. She both helped us craft a big picture vision for the day and find the perfect fun details that made our wedding so special -- and uniquely us. From the little things -- like making sure we had snacks after the ceremony to making an extra trip to a rental place to ensure our place-settings matched the plates we picked -- Janice went above and beyond every step of the way and made our experience incredibly fun. She's the absolute best and I can't recommend her more highly!

Sent on 11/26/2018

Marisa · Married on 07/14/2018

We hired Janice as our Day of Coordinator, but it was more like month of coordinator. Janice knows her stuff. She is very knowledgeable and straight to the point. As a bride it can be easy to become distracted and overwhelmed. I found Janice to be very helpful in keeping me organized and my vendors updated because you just can't do it all. She made us a schedule for everything and not one thing went wrong on my wedding day. I was running late on the morning of the wedding which definitely put us a little behind but we still started the ceremony right on time! There were times on my wedding day where I felt tired and overwhelmed (let's face it being a bride is exhausting) and the schedule was a little hard to keep up with, but it's really there to make sure that you get to do all the things you wanted to do and don't run out of time and we were able to do all the things we wanted and I am thankful for such a seamless day. Janice removed a lot of anxiety for me. Everything was set up exactly how I wanted it and I didn't have to worry about going around to check and make sure it was right. She and her team also packed up everything I brought and helped us get it downstairs so we could load it up. She orchestrated our entire rehearsal which I could never have done aloe although I wrote the ceremony. Janice really went above and beyond for us and I am so thankful for her. If you are looking for a planner/coordinator look no further, you'll be so glad you chose her.

Sent on 07/16/2018

Peter · Married on 02/18/2018

Janice was great. We wouldn't have been able to get this wedding planned without her. She made sure she stayed on top of us throughout the process so that we would stay on track and on schedule. She knows so many vendors that we had no trouble selecting who to use for catering, flowers, DJ, etc. She was especially great on the day of, corralling the circus of vendors and bridal party members and making sure everything went smoothly. We are very happy with our decision to hire Janice!

Sent on 04/25/2018

Lauren · Married on 12/16/2017

Janice was absolutely invaluable!! We hired her for “month-of”coordination, which was really more like “6-plus weeks, and also I’ll help you out by emails well before that!” We sent her all of our vendor contracts as we made them earlier on, which meant she was pretty up to speed on everything by the time we met up for the first time.

I tend to be super-organized as it is, and even still, I knew my husband and I alone couldn’t manage all the final details, coordination, rehearsal, and work needed for the day. We met with Janice twice, in addition to a final walk-through at the venue and when she ran the rehearsal itself. She was a pro through it all: whether it was our last minute changes (there were a few), wrangling the ringbearers, or calling back our florist to return with an item we needed that day. And those are only the parts we saw! I can’t recommend Janice and Bellwether Events strongly enough.

Sent on 01/01/2018

Joanie · Married on 11/12/2017

LOST.... Thats how I would have felt without Janice. I work in catering so I had a really good grasp on that side of the planning process. However, I didn't even consider all the parts that I am not typically involved in like the CEREMONY. I never imagined all of the smaller details that were so significant/imperative to the outcome of my wedding. She was on top of it all and made sure everything went smooth. I cannot recommend her enough. Trust me, you wont be disappointed!

Sent on 05/04/2018
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 10/14/2017

Best of the best.

In a nutshell, Janice of Bellwether Events is a wedding mastermind and stopped at nothing to make our wedding the most amazing without batting an eye. Although there are many instances we can think of, the one that stands out the most is our wedding venue switch less than 3 months before our wedding day. Our original venue in DC was set to open in April and our wedding was in October. After we sent out the invitations, the original venue told us (in July) that they would not be open by our wedding date. While we were freaking out, Janice pulled together a list of venues STILL available in DC on that same date (DC was a destination for our guests) within 10 hours of us hearing the news. We immediately booked a trip down for the following week and Janice scheduled back-to-back tours with each of the venues we were interested in. Still in shock that we sent out invites and need to change venues, Janice helped us find the best option in a incredibly timely manner while keeping her cool. We confirmed a new venue within 2 weeks and she helped us roll out all the changes we needed to make. And of course, the wedding turned out stunningly thanks to her help. We cannot thank her enough for going above and beyond.

Sent on 12/25/2018

Ryan · Married on 09/03/2017

Janice is an amazing wedding planner and we were very lucky to have had her as our month of planner. We would have definitely benefitted from using her through the whole process, and if we were to do this again we would hire her for the entire wedding planning and preparation period. Since we were planning the wedding from overseas, Janice really enabled us to have the wedding we always dreamed of with as little stress as possible. She was on top of every detail leading up to the wedding and also provided thoughtful advice throughout the process, she even procured our wedding license for us since we couldn’t be there ahead of time to apply ourselves. She also expertly coordinated and communicated with all of our different vendors. She was a calming influence both leading up to the wedding and during the big day since we knew she would be able to handle any curve balls. Janice allowed my wife and I to completely focus on and enjoy our big day without distraction! I would absolutely recommend her to any friends and family as well as anyone in the DMV area.

Sent on 11/03/2017

Mallori · Married on 07/15/2017

Janice is effing awesome! We hired her for "month out" services and couldn't be happier. It was clear from our first meeting that she wanted to get to know us to figure out what we wanted and how she could best assist in pulling everything together.... which she did! She provided an invaluable resource when trying to make the hundreds of tiny decisions that play into the flow and feel of the day, but never forced us into choosing any specific thing. She was ready for whatever we threw at her- like two giant, divorced high- maintenance families- and was calm and collected the whole time. We had about 160 wedding guests- 90% from out of town- and she and her team made sure everyone left the hotel, got to the church, and then the reception on time. Most importantly, Janice made my husband and I feel completely ready for the day and we trusted that she would make sure everything would go off without a hitch. I didn't have to worry about anything on the wedding day. I felt more relaxed than I had in the previous 6 months and Janice had everything to do with that!

To summarize- we were happy and relaxed; the timeline worked; there were no hiccups; and everyone had an awesome time. Honestly, what more could you want for your wedding?

And just as an aside- the relationship did not end after the wedding. When our photographer went MIA for 6 months, she helped us by reaching out to her network and working with us to put together a step-by-step plan to get the photos, which we eventually did. I can't say enough about how great she was to work with!

Sent on 04/30/2018

Megan · Married on 06/10/2017

Janice was the reason our wedding went off without a hitch. My husband and I worked with Janice for 18 months prior to our wedding and we are so glad we hired her. She helped us find our perfect venue and had so many creative ideas I never would have thought of to make our day extra special and unique. Our family and friends cannot stop raving about our wedding and all the details that made the day extra memorable. Janice knows the best vendors, and is extremely organized and responsive. I would absolutely recommend Janice if you are planning a wedding/or any other event-- you won't regret it!

Sent on 07/15/2017

Rebecca · Married on 05/06/2017

Janice is absolutely incredible!!! She went above and beyond to make our wedding day special and unique to us. Janice has the perfect ability to work with what your styles are and help add to the experience. She made the planning so much easier and streamlined for us as we planned our country home venue wedding. She is extremely professional, punctual and I highly recommend her to anyone planning a wedding or event in the area! Our wedding day had a lot of moving parts but I wasn't burdened with any of the details she handled it all expertly! Thank you Janice :)

Sent on 07/05/2017

Lawren · Married on 10/01/2016

Janice is a fantastic wedding planner. Upon our first meeting we told Janice our budget she immediately suggested that we don't hire her since her fee would use too much of our budget. My fiancé (now husband) were so impressed by her professionalism and sincerity that we reevaluated our budget and decided to hire her. Janice was such a god send throughout the entire planning process. Anytime we had a question regarding who we should hire, what we needed to get, and what proposal to accept she responded almost immediately. I'm a very type A, analytical type of person and having Janice around eased any stress I might have had during the entire wedding planning process. The day of she made sure that everything ran on time and was exactly as had dreamed it would be. She even made sure we got drinks and appetizers while we were taking photos! She is an amazing wedding planner and person! I highly suggest that you hire her for any event you may have. I only wish we could continue to work with her!

Sent on 10/30/2016

Edie · Married on 10/24/2015

Janice was everything for my wedding. She will walk you through decisions and options along with help you coordinate what would look best for the event.

Sent on 10/25/2016

Alexandra · Married on 07/27/2015

It’s dangerous to go alone, take Janice!

My husband and I hired Janice and Bellwether Events for the day-of coordination of our destination wedding in Edinburgh, Scotland. I can't recommend her services enough!

In starting the planning process, I quickly found myself in over my head. Local weddings are difficult enough, but adding an overseas factor made things even more complicated and stressful. However, after speaking with Janice I instantly felt better about putting things in her hands. She is incredibly thoughtful, extremely organized, and a consummate professional. She spotted and handled potential problems, helped us review contracts, worked out timelines with vendors, researched rehearsal dinner locations, and so much more! The wedding day was seamless and it was all thanks to Janice!

I wholeheartedly recommend Janice and Bellwether Events for both DC and destination weddings!

Sent on 08/11/2015

Deirdre · Married on 06/20/2015

Janice took over planning one month before (it was really a little earlier than that but she was hired as a month of planner). Janice literally took over everything and brought up a lot of issues that had never occurred to me and ideas i would have never thought of and took care of everything to make sure i had my perfect wedding. I had the perfect wedding. NOTHING went wrong and if it did Janice took care of it before anyone noticed and never brought a problem to my attention so i could enjoy myself. She was cool, calm and collected which is what not only a bride needs but often the parents too. I have already referred a few of my friends getting married soon to Janice and they have all been happy. She timed everything out for my wedding to a tee and it ran PERFECTLY on schedule.

All in all she was everything that I wanted but didn't know I'd need for a wedding planner. I think my favorite thing about her was the fact that she'd bring ideas or suggestions to my attention and it was so obvious that her #1 priority was coordinating a great wedding for me and my husband. If I was to have another event and needed a coordinators service Janice would not only be my planner she'd be my first phone call.

Janice was wonderful and gave me my ideal wedding. She was honest to god the best money I spent throughout the wedding process, worth every penny and then some more.

Sent on 03/23/2009

Stephanie · Married on 05/02/2015

Janice was the absolute BEST!! She helped make sure everything ran seamlessly (which can't have been easy with a huge wedding party, including 7 children!). She met with me, and assured me everything was going well, coordinated with all my vendors, and even ran the rehearsal. I simply can't praise her highly enough. If there was one example that really shows how truly fantastic she is, it's this: the morning after my wedding, I woke up, and realized - OH NO - where the *** is my marriage license?! I remembered seeing it in the room where I got married, so I quickly got dressed and ran upstairs to check. Nope. Nothing. I freak out, until I call Janice - not only had she overseen the officiant signing the certificate, but she mailed out the copy that needed to be returned to the DC government, and carefully placed my copy in the bridal suite!!!! I can't imagine any coordinator who will go more above and beyond than Janice!!

Sent on 05/19/2015

Laura · Married on 04/11/2015

We hired Janice for our day of planner (although the service extends almost 8 weeks or longer prior to the actual wedding date!) after seeing her do such an incredible job at my older sister's wedding in the DC area a few years ago. Janice was so wonderful to work with, put our minds at ease throughout the entire process, and helped make our wedding day run so smoothly--and we had several unexpected incidents occur (my grandmother-in-law broke her hip during the reception, AND we forgot some car keys at the hotel) where she was instrumental in helping figure out solutions quickly.

We ended up meeting with her several times (we hired her for an additional meeting at a tasting), and she mentioned so many different things that we never would have remembered to think of, or handle prior to the wedding day! She also put together an incredibly helpful timeline, organized the wedding rehearsal in an efficient way, and gave us lots of advice, feedback, and thoughts regarding so many decisions, details, and vendors. We appreciated her input, responsiveness, and take-charge attitude, which is exactly what you want in a wedding planner. Couldn't recommend her services more!

Sent on 04/19/2015

We hired Janice as the day-of coordinator for my daughter’s wedding, as well as for her help with wedding stationery and design & décor. She was FABULOUS!

I hadn’t realized at the beginning of the planning process how important it would be to have someone who knows the wedding business so well to advise and support us along the way. After all, my daughter and I are two super organized women, so how hard could it be to plan a wedding, right? Well Janice was terrific from the very start, providing us with a time table, referring us to trusted vendors (whom we loved!) when we didn’t know where to turn, and coming up with great, creative ideas for the look and feel of the event. I cannot emphasize enough how valuable it is to have a wedding planner as a guide, and Janice is the very best! She is so organized and quick to respond to emails, and has a great personality too. Janice’s help allowed us to relax in the final busy weeks before the wedding and enjoy this special time together.

And Janice’s assistance on the day of the wedding was crucial. We truly couldn’t have done it without her. She handled every big and little detail from setting up escort cards and favors to cueing the wedding party for their entrances to collecting the gifts to supplying emergency safety pins – and dozens of things we didn’t even realize she did – to make the evening go so beautifully. We were relaxed and enjoyed this very special night with family and friends due in large part to Janice’s expert help. She is a true professional and we highly recommend her.

Sent on 11/23/2014

As a professional meeting planner, I was initially only looking to have somebody help with day-of wedding services, figuring that I could do the rest myself (with the help of my mom). Was I wrong! Janice was unbelievably helpful in the months and weeks leading up to our wedding. My only regret is that we didn't hire her sooner. Not only does Janice have lots of great connections and recommendations in the industry, but she is also a pleasure to work with. She offers opinions when you want them but is extremely flexible and professional. Our actual wedding day went incredibly smoothly (and if it didn't, I didn't know about it because Janice handled it!). Having Janice there to let us know when it was time to cut the cake, speech time, and more was so helpful. I would highly recommend hiring Janice for all things wedding planning; she is the best!

Sent on 01/23/2015