62 Reviews for Bellwether Events

Full Planning (1)
Cultural (1)
Non-Religious (1)
62 Bellwether Events Reviews

We hired Janice as our Day of Coordinator, but it was more like month of coordinator. Janice knows her stuff. She is very knowledgeable and straight to the point. As a bride it can be easy to become distracted and overwhelmed. I found Janice to be very helpful in keeping me organized and my vendors updated because you just can't do it all. She made us a schedule for everything and not one thing went wrong on my wedding day. I was running late on the morning of the wedding which definitely put us a little behind but we still started the ceremony right on time! There were times on my wedding day where I felt tired and overwhelmed (let's face it being a bride is exhausting) and the schedule was a little hard to keep up with, but it's really there to make sure that you get to do all the things you wanted to do and don't run out of time and we were able to do all the things we wanted and I am thankful for such a seamless day. Janice removed a lot of anxiety for me. Everything was set up exactly how I wanted it and I didn't have to worry about going around to check and make sure it was right. She and her team also packed up everything I brought and helped us get it downstairs so we could load it up. She orchestrated our entire rehearsal which I could never have done aloe although I wrote the ceremony. Janice really went above and beyond for us and I am so thankful for her. If you are looking for a planner/coordinator look no further, you'll be so glad you chose her.

Profile Picture Marisa, 7/14/18, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Non-Religious, Day-Of Coord., Timelines, To-Do Lists, Ceremony, Reception

Janice was great. We wouldn't have been able to get this wedding planned without her. She made sure she stayed on top of us throughout the process so that we would stay on track and on schedule. She knows so many vendors that we had no trouble selecting who to use for catering, flowers, DJ, etc. She was especially great on the day of, corralling the circus of vendors and bridal party members and making sure everything went smoothly. We are very happy with our decision to hire Janice!

Profile Picture Peter, 2/18/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Janice was absolutely invaluable!! We hired her for “month-of”coordination, which was really more like “6-plus weeks, and also I’ll help you out by emails well before that!” We sent her all of our vendor contracts as we made them earlier on, which meant she was pretty up to speed on everything by the time we met up for the first time.

I tend to be super-organized as it is, and even still, I knew my husband and I alone couldn’t manage all the final details, coordination, rehearsal, and work needed for the day. We met with Janice twice, in addition to a final walk-through at the venue and when she ran the rehearsal itself. She was a pro through it all: whether it was our last minute changes (there were a few), wrangling the ringbearers, or calling back our florist to return with an item we needed that day. And those are only the parts we saw! I can’t recommend Janice and Bellwether Events strongly enough.

Profile Picture Lauren, 12/16/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

LOST.... Thats how I would have felt without Janice. I work in catering so I had a really good grasp on that side of the planning process. However, I didn't even consider all the parts that I am not typically involved in like the CEREMONY. I never imagined all of the smaller details that were so significant/imperative to the outcome of my wedding. She was on top of it all and made sure everything went smooth. I cannot recommend her enough. Trust me, you wont be disappointed!

Profile Picture Joanie, 11/12/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Janice is an amazing wedding planner and we were very lucky to have had her as our month of planner. We would have definitely benefitted from using her through the whole process, and if we were to do this again we would hire her for the entire wedding planning and preparation period. Since we were planning the wedding from overseas, Janice really enabled us to have the wedding we always dreamed of with as little stress as possible. She was on top of every detail leading up to the wedding and also provided thoughtful advice throughout the process, she even procured our wedding license for us since we couldn’t be there ahead of time to apply ourselves. She also expertly coordinated and communicated with all of our different vendors. She was a calming influence both leading up to the wedding and during the big day since we knew she would be able to handle any curve balls. Janice allowed my wife and I to completely focus on and enjoy our big day without distraction! I would absolutely recommend her to any friends and family as well as anyone in the DMV area.

Profile Picture Ryan, 9/3/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Janice is effing awesome! We hired her for "month out" services and couldn't be happier. It was clear from our first meeting that she wanted to get to know us to figure out what we wanted and how she could best assist in pulling everything together.... which she did! She provided an invaluable resource when trying to make the hundreds of tiny decisions that play into the flow and feel of the day, but never forced us into choosing any specific thing. She was ready for whatever we threw at her- like two giant, divorced high- maintenance families- and was calm and collected the whole time. We had about 160 wedding guests- 90% from out of town- and she and her team made sure everyone left the hotel, got to the church, and then the reception on time. Most importantly, Janice made my husband and I feel completely ready for the day and we trusted that she would make sure everything would go off without a hitch. I didn't have to worry about anything on the wedding day. I felt more relaxed than I had in the previous 6 months and Janice had everything to do with that!

To summarize- we were happy and relaxed; the timeline worked; there were no hiccups; and everyone had an awesome time. Honestly, what more could you want for your wedding?

And just as an aside- the relationship did not end after the wedding. When our photographer went MIA for 6 months, she helped us by reaching out to her network and working with us to put together a step-by-step plan to get the photos, which we eventually did. I can't say enough about how great she was to work with!

Profile Picture Mallori, 7/15/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Religious, Day-Of Coord., Partial Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals

Janice was the reason our wedding went off without a hitch. My husband and I worked with Janice for 18 months prior to our wedding and we are so glad we hired her. She helped us find our perfect venue and had so many creative ideas I never would have thought of to make our day extra special and unique. Our family and friends cannot stop raving about our wedding and all the details that made the day extra memorable. Janice knows the best vendors, and is extremely organized and responsive. I would absolutely recommend Janice if you are planning a wedding/or any other event-- you won't regret it!

Profile Picture Megan, 6/10/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Janice is absolutely incredible!!! She went above and beyond to make our wedding day special and unique to us. Janice has the perfect ability to work with what your styles are and help add to the experience. She made the planning so much easier and streamlined for us as we planned our country home venue wedding. She is extremely professional, punctual and I highly recommend her to anyone planning a wedding or event in the area! Our wedding day had a lot of moving parts but I wasn't burdened with any of the details she handled it all expertly! Thank you Janice :)

Profile Picture Rebecca, 5/6/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Janice is a fantastic wedding planner. Upon our first meeting we told Janice our budget she immediately suggested that we don't hire her since her fee would use too much of our budget. My fiancé (now husband) were so impressed by her professionalism and sincerity that we reevaluated our budget and decided to hire her. Janice was such a god send throughout the entire planning process. Anytime we had a question regarding who we should hire, what we needed to get, and what proposal to accept she responded almost immediately. I'm a very type A, analytical type of person and having Janice around eased any stress I might have had during the entire wedding planning process. The day of she made sure that everything ran on time and was exactly as had dreamed it would be. She even made sure we got drinks and appetizers while we were taking photos! She is an amazing wedding planner and person! I highly suggest that you hire her for any event you may have. I only wish we could continue to work with her!

Profile Picture Lawren, 10/1/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

At first I didn't realize how valuable a wedding planner could be. My partner and I thought we could easily plan all our event details, but soon after picking a venue and caterer, we realized it was going to be a full time job that we weren't equipped for. We emailed Janice to inquire about working with her, and she wrote back within hours. From that time on we were amazed by her organization, respect for what we wanted, and ease at bringing our vision for the day to life.

Janice is extremely competent and effective. Working with her is like working with your most capable and badass friend. She's direct but kind and realistic, all the time keeping your desires in mind. She was so respectful of our budget and priorities, never making us feel like we had to do things that weren't important to us or within our budget. At the same time, she was helpful in getting us to understand some things just had to be done to host an event.

We can't recommend Janice enough. We would have hired her immediately after getting engaged if we could do it again.

Profile Picture User5081812, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Cultural, Religious, Ceremony, Reception, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Partial Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals

Janice was everything for my wedding. She will walk you through decisions and options along with help you coordinate what would look best for the event.

Profile Picture Edie, 10/24/15, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner, Religious, Budget Analysis, Event Design, Full Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals

We hired Janice and Bellwether Events to coordinate/manage our wedding day which spanned two locations in Northern Virginia, and a schedule that required things to be smartly planned and executed. Janice was integral to making sure it all went off smoothly. To say she is "good" is a gross understatement. Janice is phenomenal. She was always responsive to us in a very timely manner, and provided us a peace of mind we would not have found otherwise. Knowing Janice was behind the scenes orchestrating everything allowed us to truly enjoy our wedding day and not feel like we needed to chase people around or make sure people and things were in the right place. Both of us like being in control and "running the show", so to find someone we trusted enough to take the reigns on our wedding day was a big deal, but after the first meeting with Janice we knew we liked her. She isn't going to coddle you and tell you every idea is "great! wonderful! that will be perfect" unless she really means it - she's straight forward and efficient, and is always up front and honest with her professional advice and my military background truly appreciated that. (After all, that's what you are paying her for!) Thank you so much for ensuring our special day was truly special. We still sing your praises to friends and family 5 months later, and I'm sure we will be 5 years from now.

Profile Picture Matt, 9/19/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Day-Of Coord., Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals

It’s dangerous to go alone, take Janice!

My husband and I hired Janice and Bellwether Events for the day-of coordination of our destination wedding in Edinburgh, Scotland. I can't recommend her services enough!

In starting the planning process, I quickly found myself in over my head. Local weddings are difficult enough, but adding an overseas factor made things even more complicated and stressful. However, after speaking with Janice I instantly felt better about putting things in her hands. She is incredibly thoughtful, extremely organized, and a consummate professional. She spotted and handled potential problems, helped us review contracts, worked out timelines with vendors, researched rehearsal dinner locations, and so much more! The wedding day was seamless and it was all thanks to Janice!

I wholeheartedly recommend Janice and Bellwether Events for both DC and destination weddings!

Profile Picture Alexandra, 7/27/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Janice took over planning one month before (it was really a little earlier than that but she was hired as a month of planner). Janice literally took over everything and brought up a lot of issues that had never occurred to me and ideas i would have never thought of and took care of everything to make sure i had my perfect wedding. I had the perfect wedding. NOTHING went wrong and if it did Janice took care of it before anyone noticed and never brought a problem to my attention so i could enjoy myself. She was cool, calm and collected which is what not only a bride needs but often the parents too. I have already referred a few of my friends getting married soon to Janice and they have all been happy. She timed everything out for my wedding to a tee and it ran PERFECTLY on schedule.

All in all she was everything that I wanted but didn't know I'd need for a wedding planner. I think my favorite thing about her was the fact that she'd bring ideas or suggestions to my attention and it was so obvious that her #1 priority was coordinating a great wedding for me and my husband. If I was to have another event and needed a coordinators service Janice would not only be my planner she'd be my first phone call.

Janice was wonderful and gave me my ideal wedding. She was honest to god the best money I spent throughout the wedding process, worth every penny and then some more.

Profile Picture Deirdre, 6/20/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Janice is an excellent, excellent coordinator. We hired her to be our day-of coordinator based upon the recommendation of our caterer and we are extremely thankful that we did. With Janice, you are in the hands of a true professional. Janice is attentive and extremely responsive via email in the months prior to the wedding. She, too, helped us contract a wonderful florist, and got us in touch with an affordable uplighting outfit. As the wedding day approached, Janice did an great job of helping us navigate the maze of urgent responsibilities. She was an invaluable liaison between us and our vendors both before and during the wedding. In the meetings in the weeks prior to the wedding, Janice's attention to detail ensured that the day (as far as I know!) was flawless. She is meticulous and direct and knew to ask questions that I never even knew needed to be asked, both of myself and my husband and our vendors. We, along with our families, had an absolute ball at the wedding and I know that would never have happened if not for Janice's hard work.

Profile Picture Carey, 6/20/15, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Janice was the absolute BEST!! She helped make sure everything ran seamlessly (which can't have been easy with a huge wedding party, including 7 children!). She met with me, and assured me everything was going well, coordinated with all my vendors, and even ran the rehearsal. I simply can't praise her highly enough. If there was one example that really shows how truly fantastic she is, it's this: the morning after my wedding, I woke up, and realized - OH NO - where the *** is my marriage license?! I remembered seeing it in the room where I got married, so I quickly got dressed and ran upstairs to check. Nope. Nothing. I freak out, until I call Janice - not only had she overseen the officiant signing the certificate, but she mailed out the copy that needed to be returned to the DC government, and carefully placed my copy in the bridal suite!!!! I can't imagine any coordinator who will go more above and beyond than Janice!!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 5/2/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

We hired Janice for our day of planner (although the service extends almost 8 weeks or longer prior to the actual wedding date!) after seeing her do such an incredible job at my older sister's wedding in the DC area a few years ago. Janice was so wonderful to work with, put our minds at ease throughout the entire process, and helped make our wedding day run so smoothly--and we had several unexpected incidents occur (my grandmother-in-law broke her hip during the reception, AND we forgot some car keys at the hotel) where she was instrumental in helping figure out solutions quickly.

We ended up meeting with her several times (we hired her for an additional meeting at a tasting), and she mentioned so many different things that we never would have remembered to think of, or handle prior to the wedding day! She also put together an incredibly helpful timeline, organized the wedding rehearsal in an efficient way, and gave us lots of advice, feedback, and thoughts regarding so many decisions, details, and vendors. We appreciated her input, responsiveness, and take-charge attitude, which is exactly what you want in a wedding planner. Couldn't recommend her services more!

Profile Picture Laura, 4/11/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Janice was great and totally got what we wanted for our big day! She helped us find the perfect venue, and created a beautiful wedding day for us that was far beyond our wild imaginations for our day!

Profile Picture Hannah, 12/28/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

We hired Janice as the day-of coordinator for my daughter’s wedding, as well as for her help with wedding stationery and design & décor. She was FABULOUS!

I hadn’t realized at the beginning of the planning process how important it would be to have someone who knows the wedding business so well to advise and support us along the way. After all, my daughter and I are two super organized women, so how hard could it be to plan a wedding, right? Well Janice was terrific from the very start, providing us with a time table, referring us to trusted vendors (whom we loved!) when we didn’t know where to turn, and coming up with great, creative ideas for the look and feel of the event. I cannot emphasize enough how valuable it is to have a wedding planner as a guide, and Janice is the very best! She is so organized and quick to respond to emails, and has a great personality too. Janice’s help allowed us to relax in the final busy weeks before the wedding and enjoy this special time together.

And Janice’s assistance on the day of the wedding was crucial. We truly couldn’t have done it without her. She handled every big and little detail from setting up escort cards and favors to cueing the wedding party for their entrances to collecting the gifts to supplying emergency safety pins – and dozens of things we didn’t even realize she did – to make the evening go so beautifully. We were relaxed and enjoyed this very special night with family and friends due in large part to Janice’s expert help. She is a true professional and we highly recommend her.

Profile Picture Terry, 11/8/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

As a professional meeting planner, I was initially only looking to have somebody help with day-of wedding services, figuring that I could do the rest myself (with the help of my mom). Was I wrong! Janice was unbelievably helpful in the months and weeks leading up to our wedding. My only regret is that we didn't hire her sooner. Not only does Janice have lots of great connections and recommendations in the industry, but she is also a pleasure to work with. She offers opinions when you want them but is extremely flexible and professional. Our actual wedding day went incredibly smoothly (and if it didn't, I didn't know about it because Janice handled it!). Having Janice there to let us know when it was time to cut the cake, speech time, and more was so helpful. I would highly recommend hiring Janice for all things wedding planning; she is the best!

Profile Picture Laura, 11/8/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Janice was fantastic to work with and I would absolutely work with her again and recommend her to anyone. She was very responsive by phone and by email and answered all our questions and concerns throughout the planning process. She also made the process of finding vendors (caterer, florist, DJ, photographer) very easy, and it was clear that they all loved working with her as well. On the day of the wedding, everything went completely seamlessly, and we just got to enjoy the wedding without worrying about anything because Janice had taken care of it all. If I could work with her again to plan other parts of my life, I would do it!

Profile Picture Julia, 11/1/14, 3 Reviews
4.7

I would recommend Bellwether Events.

We hired Janice to do our "month of" coordination, which was a great relief.

She helped us identify potential problems in our contracts, identifying things I hadn't thought about when I first made them. For instance, in my contract with the band, I had written that the band was to play three, equally spaced sets with two breaks. Janice took one look and knew that different set lengths would align better with the catering schedule, so we adjusted accordingly. Similarly, she looked at our alcohol order and quantity of wine and indicated that we had waaaay too much alcohol for the number of guests. Sure enough, we came back with half the wine and a decent amount of returns for the liquor/beer. It became clear that she had a good "feel" for the business.

She ran an efficient operation. We met in person a couple times before the event to go over timelines, and met with family members and the officiant the day before to run through the ceremony. The day of, things went smoothly as she seemed to be well-prepared. While dancing, I ended up with a rip in my dress that affected the bustle. Janice had a safety pin right on her and fixed it in 2 minutes!

She has a bit of a rough, "no-nonsense" demeanor to her so I took off half a star for professionalism.

While Janice was great, she was a bit pricier than other wedding coordinators out there. Had I started the search for a coordinator sooner, perhaps I would have gotten one that was just as efficient but a little easier on the wallet!

I would recommend her.

Profile Picture Susie, 10/18/14, 11 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Let me give you an example of Janice's passion and follow-through.

We hired Janice to help plan our entire wedding weekend: rehearsal dinner, wedding, and survivors brunch. After she got our save-the-dates in the mail for us, she dropped the extra save the dates off (as we requested) on our front porch. They weren't there when we arrived. We made a quick call to Janice to confirm where she'd placed them. Unfortunately, it became apparent that someone apparently snatched them off our front porch and we assumed they were gone for good. About six hours later, we had a knock at the door. It was Janice. She was there with her husband AND our leftover save the dates. They had gone looking for them in the dumpsters around our home in the neighborhood. She had figured out that there wasn't much of value in the box beyond extra stamps (which were missing) and that someone would have likely ditched them. She found them in a nearby alley.

We felt embarrassed that we had (a) not thought of that and (b) not cared enough to go out searching for them ourselves. But this demonstrated to us that Janice (a) thinks of everything and (b) wants your wedding to be as successful (or more!) than you do. Janice is an excellent planner, she helped us stay on budget, and she curated three amazing events for us and our families. We pulled off an event that many in our families was the best wedding they'd ever attended. We wholeheartedly recommend Janice for a wedding or anything else. You won't do any better.

Profile Picture Jon, 8/30/14, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Bellwether Events is the real deal, and we could not imagine our wedding without her. She was worth every single penny (and then some)!

Janice was super professional, yet still managed to make us feel special during the entire process. She enhanced our own vision with her ideas, which really added some great touches! At the same time, not once did we feel like the wedding wasn't "ours".

The wedding day went off without a hitch, and while there were a couple hiccups (mostly weather related), we did not even have to deal with them. We relaxed and enjoyed our day. THIS IS WHY YOU NEED TO HIRE JANICE!

Just trust us - she's awesome.

Profile Picture Jessica, 3/29/14, 8 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

We hired Bellwether Events as our "day-of coordinator", but they did much more than that! Janice and Rebecca were available via email or phone call months before my wedding, and very responsive. Despite Janice being unable to be there the day of my wedding, she was still very involved until the last possible minute. Since I lived out of town, we also planned a few Skype dates. Rebecca and Brett were at my wedding and they were fantastic! I did not have to worry about a thing. I honestly don't know how my wedding would have been possible without Bellwether. Rebecca made sure everything went like clockwork on the day of the wedding -- every event on our wedding day timeline (which Bellwether composed for us) was either early or on time! She was even at the rehearsal the day before the wedding. Not only are Janice and Rebecca great at their jobs, they are also wonderful people -- very pleasant, and have that calming/reassuring face you want to see on your hectic wedding day.
Despite the heavy costs of a wedding, do not gip on the wedding planner! I feel that Bellwether was the only wedding expense that was well worth its cost. Thank you Janice, Rebecca, and Brett for helping make my wedding one of the best days of my life!

Profile Picture User3002796, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews