Bella Woods Reviews

Bella Woods 7
  • Moriah

Moriah · Getting married on 10/10/2020

The best venue around!

The May family is truly the best!
    Both venue sites are gorgeous and the decor options are unlimited! From rustic-chic to full on glam, this venue is the place to book!

Sent on 07/17/2019

Bella Woods's reply:

Thank you so much, Moriah!!! :) We appreciate your review so much, and are so glad you had a happy day!

-Austin
  • Brittany

Brittany Munoz · Getting married on 07/18/2020

Awesome place!

We toured Bella Woods yesterday and knew right away we would be getting married there! Both sites were beautiful and well thought out. From the bride and groom rooms to the available upstairs loft for cocktail hour, the property was built and designed for a purpose - to get MARRIED! Every question I had for the 12 other venues I went to were answered within minutes of stepping foot on the property. We are so excited to start a life together at Bella Woods

Sent on 08/05/2019

Emily · Married on 10/05/2019

Picturesque!

“Picturesque!” Is how my guest described my wedding on 10.5.19
    We booked over a year and a half ago knowing that October is a popular month. The May family has been available for us since that moment! Darell May is seriously a phone call away, always!
    We were so blessed to have Kim May do our decor and floral! No one else could have pulled off such a gorgeous task! She truly has a gift! Her humbleness is paired with graceful talent and she makes the most challenging job look like a breeze! I asked so much of her and she would take it on with a smile! She made sure it was what I wanted down to every detail and not just what she had done before. She made my dreams come to life and I will forever be grateful!
    They have a warehouse behind the venue which is packed with a plethora of options to decorate vintage/modern/rustic you name it! If they don’t have it they know who does. They are filled with knowledge and are more than willing to share their wedding wisdom!
    Even without any decor this place is gorgeous! The chapel holds so much character! It has imported oversized antique doors and all white interior with a ton of natural light! The brides room is well lit with plenty of mirrors and comfortable seating. I had five bridesmaids, my mom, four kids, hair and makeup in there with no problem! The grooms room has a pool table and leather couches! Both rooms have plenty of hooks for dresses and suits as well! The reception barn is full of breathtaking chandeliers, dangling crystals outline the dance floor overhead that have the ability to change colors, and everywhere you turn there is eye catching character!
    The location is close to the highway for easy access but tucked away in trees for a secluded feel. The venue and the May family could not be more perfect! They are some of the most genuine people you will ever meet!
    You will be in great hands when picking Bella Woods!

Sent on 10/13/2019
    Bella Woods 8
    Bella Woods 9
    Bella Woods 10
    Bella Woods 11

Kayla · Married on 08/03/2019

Best choice ever!

Perfect place for everything we needed. Wonderful extremely helpful people!! BEAUTIFUL PLACE!! Best choice we made!

Sent on 08/04/2019

Bella Woods's reply:

Thank you so very much, Kayla!!!

We're so happy you had a good time :)

Janna · Married on 06/01/2019

Fairytale!

The Woods site is amazing and with minimum decor was very much a fairytale wedding!

Sent on 06/23/2019

Bella Woods's reply:

Thank you so much, Janna!!! :D We're so happy that it was a fairytale :)

• Lauren

Lauren · Married on 05/18/2019

Bella Woods "Woods Site" Review

Bella Woods was amazing. The venue is so beautiful. Our wedding was at the "Woods Site" and we received millions of compliments about how beautiful it was. The owners of Bella Woods are all family so I loved that family atmosphere. Our wedding planner Skylar was the daughter of the venue owners and she was seriously a blessing. I couldn't be more happy with this venue. Go take a tour, you'll fall in love with not only the beautiful buildings and landscapes but the family as well.

Sent on 06/10/2019
    Bella Woods 12

Bella Woods's reply:

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Lauren!!! :) We appreciate it so much!

• Melody

Melody · Married on 11/19/2018

Amazing Venue and Management

We don't have enough words to praise how wonderful Bella Woods is! The venue is beautiful and has two good options for your wedding. We chose the Bella Site for our guests of 250 and I fell in love with the Chapel. Darrell and Kim and their family are so wonderful to work with and they were so attentive to all our needs, along with being flexible and kind. My guests complimented the venue and my family raved about the management. Our day was wonderful and I would highly recommend this venue for a wedding!

Sent on 01/18/2019

Rhonda Mclemore · Married on 10/06/2018

Rhonda - groom’s mom

We looked at several venues in the metroplex. We picked Bella Woods because it was beautiful, it was a good price and the owners, Darryl and Kim May were amazing. They were so nice, friendly and accommodating. Kim has many years of experience as a florist/wedding decorator and she is so talented! Both the chapel and the reception were just gorgeous! I can’t say enough good things about Bella Woods!

Sent on 10/18/2018
    Bella Woods 13
    Bella Woods 14

Amanda · Married on 09/22/2018

Venue was wonderful and Beautiful and didn’t need much decoration because it was Beautiful on its own, it rained and they had umbrellas for all the guests and staff was great to work with.

Sent on 10/12/2018
    Bella Woods 20
    Bella Woods 21
    Bella Woods 22

Alicia · Married on 08/25/2018

I had my ceremony and reception here in August! The venue is absolutely beautiful! My guests were blown away at how gorgeous everything was. The owners are people I will never forget. They are genuinely nice humble people that will help you throw the wedding of your dreams. I will never forget my experience at Bella Woods.

Sent on 09/11/2018

Breona Johnson · Married on 07/21/2018

Fairytale wedding

My husband and I had our wedding there 7/21/18 and it was more than we could have every imagined. From the first visit they made us feel like family. They are the most kind hearted people I’ve ever met. Kim did the decor for our wedding and nailed it. I was a difficult bride lol but she was so patient and worked with me, my mom and grandma to come up with something everyone would love. It was never about the money with them, they don’t try to take you to the bank. They truly care about you and your wedding and want to do anything they can to make the day special. They have become family to us and that’s worth more than anything. I can’t say thank you enough for everything they did for my husband and I. They are truly the best!
    Mr. & Mrs. Johnson.

Sent on 10/18/2018

Janet · Married on 07/05/2018

Kim & Darryl Owners of "Bella Woods", NO WORDS, THE BEST EXPERIENCE I have EVER had with a venue in my 20+ years CMP, Event Production. The venue is "BEAUTIFUL", the service impeccable. You feel welcomed when you walk through the doors of this amazing place.

Not only is the service awesome, Kim the owner is a Florist. Wedding July 5, 2018. The planner informed the bride on July 2, 2018, she forgot to tell her, she didn't order flowers, not in the budget! Kim saw the disappointment on the brides face, looked at me, and said "I got this"!
    FYI.......Millicent Finney & Associates was the planner.....THE WORST PLANNER EVER!

Without question, she gave us a time to come back. She sat patiently with us "Mother of the Bride and Bride, we chose flowers, she designed exactly what the bride wanted. She didn't ask budget, her concern was making my daughters wedding, her dream. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND BELLA WOODS! It's like working with family when you work with Kim & Darryl! They are caring, compassionate, professionals. Thank you both for the use of your beautiful venue and making my daughters wedding day "HER DREAM WEDDING"!

With Love & Appreciation,
    Janet Diggs, CMP
    Mother of the Bride

Sent on 07/09/2018
    Bella Woods 23
    Bella Woods 24

Chelsea · Married on 06/30/2018

A fairytale come true! My daughter and her new husband were married at Bella Woods last Saturday, and it was the most wonderful experience! From the very beginning planning her special day, Kim and Daryl (the owners), were on top of everything! I realized how overwhelming planning a wedding can become for a mother of the bride, but every time I talked to Kim she was completely on top of things and more than reassuring! She truly wants every bride to experience the wedding of their dreams! Kim has been given a gift, and she is so happy to share her talents in every way! The venue is breathtaking, and the price is so reasonable it's shocking! My daughter and I looked at so many other venues, but the moment we entered Bella Woods we knew we had found the place! It's that perfect! Kim has so much experience that when you tell her your vision she is able to pull it all together. Plus more! The day of the wedding everything just fell into place thanks to Kim and her amazing staff!!! Every vendor Kim recommended was over the top awesome! Our family and friends had so much fun and were in awe of just the sheer beauty of everything! Thank you for the best wedding ever! You are truly a blessing!!!
    The Peck Family

Sent on 07/06/2018

Bella Woods's reply:

Thank you so much, Mrs. Peck!
    That is one of the main things we strive to be -- accommodating! We're glad you were able to relax at least a little bit the day of, and we're very thankful to have had played a role in making your daughter and new son's dream day come true!

-Austin,

Donna · Married on 06/30/2018

Traveled from New York for my granddaughters wedding and was extremely impressed with the entire venue experience. I've attended many weddings and Bella Woods is at the top of the list as the best!

Sent on 07/06/2018

Bella Woods's reply:

Thank you so much, Donna! We're honored! :)
    -Austin,

Lorine · Married on 06/24/2018

The owner Kim May and her staff are phenomenal. all the pressure was taken off our families and so we were they able to enjoy our special day. It was perfect.

Bella Woods's reply:

We're so happy you were able to enjoy the special day -- that's how it should be! Thank you! :) -Austin, Team Bella Woods

Azzy · Married on 06/15/2018

I attended a wedding here and it is amazing. Two really awesome venues and so many awesome places to take pictures. Loved it

Sent on 06/20/2018

Kelly · Married on 06/06/2018

What a hidden gem! Absolutely beautiful setting with many options and styles. The owners are very down to earth and willing to work with you to help make your dream wedding a reality.

Thank you so much for your kind words! -Austin, Team Bella Woods

Patience · Married on 04/21/2018

The staff at Bella Woods was amazing! They allowed us to visit the site multiple times and use our own vendors. They were extremely kind and helpful.

Sent on 06/25/2018

Thank you so much!

CANDACE · Married on 03/10/2018

Me and my fiance went and toured here and it was amazing the venue is so beautiful it's still having some parts being built but the Bella and sky chapel are finished and it's amazing the tour was awesome and I look forward to booking here

Sent on 03/22/2017

Abby · Married on 07/07/2017

Choosing Bella Woods as our wedding venue was the best decision we made. From the first time we met Kim and Derrell they made us feel like family. They were so patient and accommodating. They made our special day absolutely perfect. They took the time to meet with us multiple time leading up to the day of the wedding to ensure that we were happy and to make sure everything would be flawless. I cannot day enough about how wonderful this venue is and how sweet and caring the owners are!!!!

Sent on 02/17/2018

K · Married on 07/01/2017

We booked this venue for my daughter’s wedding, while it was still under construction. After meeting with the owners, Darrell & Kim May we knew we were in good hands! They are the nicest, most caring, and down to earth people we have ever met. They both went out of their way to make sure everything was perfect for the wedding and treated our daughter as if she was their own. We also used Kim for the flowers and decorations and were amazed by how well everything turned out. Having been in the wedding business for many, many years she is very creative and is absolutely the BEST!

Every part of this venue is BEAUTIFUL! The chapel and reception area were perfect and both were able to accommodate our 200+ guests. They all had plenty of room to dance, mingle, and hang out. There reception area had plenty of room for a live band and was still able to accommodate a large dance area. We also had room for a photo booth for our guest’s entertainment. The bride and groom rooms were also perfect. The bridesmaids and groomsmen had a great time hanging out with each other while getting ready for the big day. Our caterers were amazed by the kitchen facilities. Darrell & Kim put a lot of thought into this part of the venue. They put in a separate entrance so everything is done behind the scenes and the guests don’t have to be distracted while food is being brought in and prepared.

I cannot say enough positive things about this venue or Darrell & Kim. They both went over and beyond what was expected to make this day perfect for my daughter. Everyone at the wedding had great things to say and could not believe how perfect everything turned out.

You won’t be disappointed if you book your wedding at this venue. Thanks again Darrell & Kim for doing such a wonderful job with our wedding. We could not have been more pleased with the way things turned out. We miss you guys and hope to see you soon.

Sent on 08/10/2017

Mary · Married on 06/24/2017

Bella Woods is a beautiful setting. I loved the Chapel and separate reception area. The owners are the so kind.

Sent on 07/15/2017

Kristin · Married on 06/03/2017

Bella Woods is the best! The owners are so friendly and they put your needs before theirs. It is very rare that you find a wedding venue that isn't caught up in just making money. The staff at Bella Woods goes above and beyond to make sure that you get what you want on your wedding day.

Sent on 02/14/2017

Brooke · Married on 03/11/2017

Amazing wedding venue! Made all my wedding day dreams come true. Kim and Darrel are so sweet and accommodating. Would recommend to anyone a million times over!

Sent on 02/21/2018

Rhonda · Married on 02/25/2017

I've attended 2 events at Bella Woods. Absolutely breathtaking! Any wedding will be absolutely beautiful with the neutral backgrounds and high class touches. Seasoned, expert owners are easy to work with. Wish I was having a 2nd wedding!

Thank you so much, Rhonda! -Austin, Team Bella Woods