Bella Mera Bridal Boutique Reviews

Bella Mera Bridal Boutique 3
Bella Mera Bridal Boutique 4

Anna · Married on 09/22/2018

2.0

The customer service was excellent! All of my questions were answered quickly and clearly. The store did close for a week for the July 4th holiday, which I was unaware of until I contacted customer service and delayed my order significantly. Aside from that however it was great value and I can’t wait to rock my veil on my wedding day

Sent on 08/28/2018

Jane · Married on 10/06/2017

3.0

There's so much that is marked up when bridal shopping, but found the veil I wanted from Bella Mera Bridal at a competitive price. They're responsive. If anything, they can cut down the number of automated emails (that they've received your message). Initially, I thought it was a nice touch after I submitted a question about the veil. But afterward, they continued to send several of the same automated emails even though no questions remained or required a follow-up. Might just be a glitch. If there's one minor suggestion, it'd be to apply the same strict standard for themselves as they do for customers. To be specific, I followed the instructions for a free veil garment bag. As strict as they are about returns/exchanges and submitting orders/rush, they sent me a different garment bag than the one the online offer was for. There was no accompanying note (printed or emailed) or an email to ask if the replacement was okay. Not a big deal as the promo offer was for free & I still had a few days before the wedding to order a replacement. I didn't end up returning it (return postage would be at my cost, which seemed to defeat the purpose since the promo was for a free item, & could've been avoided if they'd asked before shipping that the garment bag being sent would be different than the one described & pictured in the offer language.); it was nice of them to even offer a free promo item at all. Most importantly, my experience here was positive, and I'd recommend them to others.

Sent on 10/19/2017
  • User4220043 · 2+ years ago

After experiencing little help on ordering a veil from the bridal salon where I purchased my dress, and another failed attempt from another store, I began to look online for a veil when I came across Bella Mera. I was surprised to find a vast selection of what I was looking for, and at reasonable prices. After doing a bit of research, I crossed my fingers and decided to order a veil similar to the one I had attempted to order. Everything turned out great & I'm thankful that I came across the site. The only thing I would change about the site would be to include actual measurements of the veils - I was looking for a specific length and sometimes it's hard to tell based on the angle of the photos, height of the model etc. Otherwise, I'm super happy with my experience and thankful that Bella Mera was able to save the day (and keep me from stressing!)

Sent on 10/16/2015

Bella Mera Bridal Boutique's reply:

Thanks for your valuable feedback. We are glad that the wedding veil worked out for you. Most of the veils have measurements and some we just don't have info from the designer and we are at the mercy of the photos/info they provide, which is why we provide a general wedding veil size chart. We are working with our brands to provide better detailed measurements and all angle photos for brides on some collections. This is well noted and again thanks for taking your time to let us know, please feel free to give us a call anytime if you have questions about merchandise.

Diane Waldman · Married on 06/07/2019

3.6
      3.0

great option if you already know exactly what you want

This shop is a good place to used for bridesmaid dresses if you already know exactly what you want ahead of time and just need a reliable place to put in the orders and get a decent discount. It wasn't the cheapest but it was close and it seemed like a very reputable place. We got 3 Alfred Sung dresses for about $155 each down from $205 on the dessy website and they all came on time and as ordered. I was pleased with the results

Sent on 04/03/2019

Sarah · Married on 11/04/2017

1.4
      1.0

The bridesmaids in our party discovered that we could save about $50 on out Bill Levkoff dresses by ordering online, instead of purchasing from our local shops. I was the first to order my dress. The other girls ordered from different shops, one to three weeks after I ordered and I was the very last to receive my dress. When the promised ship date rolled around, I checked my order status mid day and it had not shipped. Tried to call and got a message (you will likely never get an actual person calling them). Sent an email. Finally a couple hours later, got a notification that they had printed the shipping label, tracking the shipping though, I coult tell it didn't actually ship that day. When I did receive the dress, they had neglected to include the $15 garment bag I had paid for. More calls and no answer. Only an out of office response to my email. From the reviews, Bella Mera seemed a safe bet. Perhaps they tossed my order on the back burner and didn't care because I only ordered one dress, don't be fooled though. There are other shops out there that provide decent service no matter how small your order.

Edit: After the shop saw my review, I received a response to the review (not the email I had sent, but this review), they refunded the price of the bag and sent the missing item.

Sent on 09/29/2017
  • Lynn

Lynn Tellinghuisen · Married on 02/18/2019

1.0

EPIC Fail in making things right

Bella Mera Bridal Boutique has the absolute worst customer service I have received during my wedding planing process. During my time working with the boutique I experienced several issues. None of them big enough to get worked up about on their own but compound by Bella Mera's most recent disregard for service is just the last straw. My sister is getting married in less than 4 weeks. In July, I ordered my bridesmaid dress from Bell Mera. Shortly after, on August 6th I ordered a color swatch. I was willing to pay for it but they said they would send it for free regular shipping and it would deliver in 3-4 weeks. By September 10th we had not heard anything so I followed up with the store. I was told they still had not received it from the designer. I asked them since I had already waited 5 weeks, if they would expedite shipping for no cost to which they refused. It ended up being 6 weeks before receiving the swatch. Same thing happened with the dress itself. According to confirmations my dress was supposed to ship by November 7 but it did not ship until November 13. Again, neither of these issues by themselves are anything to get that worked up over. However, on Saturday, my sister and I took my dress in to get alterations done. After she zipped me up i felt a breeze on my backside and that's when I noticed that the entire zipper had split! It turns out the zipper was missing a tooth which caused me to have to get the zipper replaced entirely. Admittedly, I am grateful that it happened at the alterations store rather than as we were getting ready to leave the house on the wedding day. But the cost to replace the zipper is $30! I contacted Bella Mera immediately to see if they would be willing to reimburse me for the cost of replacing the faulty zipper. They responded with a hard no. Bella Mera keep said repeatedly that I had the dress for too long to make any complaints now. Any damage would have had to been reported within 10 days of receiving the item. I would also like to point out that I just recently had a baby. I was leery about ordering the dress when we did but my sister was told bridesmaid dresses needed to be ordered at least 6 months out. I wanted to give myself as much time as possible to get my body back to normally before taking it to get altered which is why I waited until now. It's just funny how they are holding me so strictly to their 10 day policy but they don't hold themselves responsible for meeting any of the deadlines they gave me. I do not believe what I am asking for is unreasonable and I am so disappointed with the way this has been handled. Bella Mera leaves much to be desired in terms of customer service. Just keep that in mind when making your choice.

Sent on 01/24/2019

Bella Mera Bridal Boutique's reply:

Hi Lynn, thanks for your time, we take such feedback very seriously & want to address this concern about your bridesmaids dress ordered online July 2018 & delivered 11/13/18 to you & we were notified 67 days after delivery that your zipper busted on 1/20/19 via email asking for compensation, you never called once, but we called you right away & addressed this issue within 24 hours. While you may have waited to alter your dress in January 2019. Checking the product is something that can be done right away and we encourage any customer to do this especially with a custom ordered item. If you would like a zipper, please call us by phone. I can send one out next week to you if you still need it; we would be happy to send it direct to your seamstress.

We check color, style, size, defects and check the zippers of every dress. If we missed something, we fix it asap & make it right, if we are notified reasonably in a fair amount of time & not several months after having the dress in your possession. Just as quick as we called you when it was reported on 1/20/19, we would have been just as quick to resolve and asking the designer for a replacement dress because we had time in November 2018. We even asked the Designer & they quickly said they would not offer a new dress because of the time gap & there is no time with a wedding a few weeks away, as we already communicated to you on email. The only option would be to get you a new zipper with a wedding a few weeks away.

Your right, we did tell you compensation would not be given for the dress & as to much time had past since you having it, as you mentioned in your review. But you did receive a discount on your dress, free shipping, no tax and upgraded 2 day shipping. You even confirmed that you received the correct color, style and size that was ordered by you.

Many woman's sizes do change by the time a dress is received, while most need alterations, we have known past customers super excited to try on the dress right away for this very fact to gage what may be required in the future as the event approaches. If they are unable to try it on, they check their item. You mentioned you had your reasons why you waited several months to view your dress however, we do not have a extended warranty that exceeds months out from purchase due to personal circumstances. The policy is online before any purchase with a time limit of a warranty. I wish we could offer customers 60-90 day returns, but with custom items we cannot do so.

The website does note to contact us right away of any issue, this is information is known upfront as well that dress ship dates are approx. We gave you free upgraded 2 day shipping and received your dress faster then standard delivery.

In reference to the swatch, whether you purchase a swatch or get a free swatch, overnight shipping is the cost of the customer. You asked for a free swatch on email, this was not an order, in which we offered at no charge since you ordered a dress, shipped it free of charge when the designer sent it to us & you asked us to express overnight the swatch for free when we received it, in which case we did tell you we could not bear the cost to overnight a swatch at a cost of $65 for something you didn't pay for. We are sorry about this experience Lynn & we look forward to hearing from you if you want a zipper.

Sarah · Married on 10/25/2014

1.5

I feel they delete any negative reviews. I find it hard to believe that no one has had issues. My veil arrived late and since I was out of town when it arrived a month late, I missed the strict return policy and they refused to do anything. All I wanted was some sort of exchange, not even an even exchange-I was willing to take a $200 loss on a $300 veil and they wouldn't even try to work with me.

Sent on 09/10/2014

Hi Ms. Kramer,

We are really sorry about your frustration about your wedding veil and expressed that when you called today. We extended you an offer for another veil. Custom ordered veils can take some time and our return policy states all wedding veils must be returned within a 7 business day period. We gladly take exchanges and store credits within a 7 day period for wedding veils in the online store. In this case, you contacted us 22 days after you received the merchandise and we cannot take merchandise after that period. Again, we are truly sorry about your frustration with the return policy. Please feel free to contact us with any additional concerns that you may have.

Thank You Sarah for your feedback, we appreciate you taking the time to let us know your feelings.