Bella Brides Reviews

45 | Bend, OR

45 Reviews for Bella Brides

Ali · Married on 09/14/2013

Buying my wedding dress at Bella Brides couldn't have been a more wonderful experience! I was fortunate enough to work with the new owner of Bella Brides, Sarah, who is an absolute angel! I was very indecisive and had to come in a ton of times but not once did Sarah seem frustrated. She never made me feel like I was a bother, although I ended up taking so much of her time. I never felt pressure to buy a dress I wasn't crazy about or more importantly to budge from my small budget! She worked very hard to keep me within that budget and I ended up finding a dress that I loved and could afford. I remember Sarah telling me once, when I was frustrated about not feeling like any dress was THE dress, "I want to find THE dress that you are crazy about and we won't stop until we find it!" Well, thank you so much, Sarah, because I couldn't be happier with mine!

Sent on 07/09/2013

Heather · Married on 07/07/2013

The new owner is amazing!!! I had a really low budget and she showed me alot of dresses! When I found my dream dress she sold it to me for my 100.00 limit when the dress was marked for 899.00! All she cares about is making you smile!! Go there! You won't be disappointed!!

Sent on 07/22/2013

Heather · Married on 06/30/2013

sarah was great about getting us what we needed and accommodating our schedules....

Sent on 06/30/2013

K · Married on 06/23/2013

Sarah is absolutely phenomenal and only sells the highest of quality dresses. I went shopping in Portland, OR, first before heading to Bend for a girl's weekend to try on dresses. I had wanted to visit Bella Brides since I was a young girl, so I was so excited when I finally got to go! Not only did I find the perfect dress, it was seriously the best quality dress I could have found. It was a Mori Lee, and it was SO well made. It fit me PERFECTLY when it came in, the only alterations I had to make were the length and the bustle, which is almost unheard of. Another aspect of the dress that was incredible was that it supported me fully and I didn't have to wear a bra or a bustier on my wedding day. The dress actually came in early so I was able to pick it up a few weeks earlier than anticipated. I cannot tell you how much everyone raved about that dress. It was absolutely incredible and I am so thrilled that I was able to find my perfect dress at Bella Brides!

Sent on 09/17/2013
  • Jena

Jena · Married on 09/08/2012

Nicole was one of my FAVORITE vendors. She was absolutely a pleasure to work with. She is laid back, but on top of things. My Mom and I stumbled into her shop to just "look" and Nicole coached me through what would be the best dress for my body and by the 3rd dress we had found it. She was responsive to all of my emails and was right on top of things. Honestly, as a wedding planner, I have seen SO many different dresses so I was at a complete loss as to what I wanted- she helped me so much. So glad we stumbled into her shop.

Sent on 10/23/2012

Kelsie · Married on 07/28/2012

Nicole with Bella Brides beautifully outfitted me, my groom and all of our attendants. Bella Brides has a vast selection of wedding gowns and bridesmaids’ dresses. The tuxedo rentals were also perfect. Nicole insured that our dresses arrived with plenty of time for alterations, although mine didn't need any! Nicole was also quick to make any necessary changes to the tuxedo rentals so our men looked their best. I highly recommend Bella Brides.

Sent on 10/09/2012

Lauren · Married on 12/31/2006

Great customer service throughout the shopping, fitting and ordering process. A beautiful selection of dresses.

Sent on 02/02/2012
  • MaKenna

Makenna · Married on 09/14/2019

I love Sara. She was so sweet and asked so many questions to help get a better idea of my story. I had never tried on dresses before and she made sure I tired on a dress in every style to make sure that I knew what I wanted. She was great at knowing body language to you personally pick out a dress. You can tell that she has been doing it for a while. There was only a couple things that disappointed me. Number one, I had two other appointment that day and wasn't 100% ready to commit. I felt like I was really being pressured into "saying yes to the dress" at the end of the appointment by Sara. I understand though because it is her business. The only other thing I was disappointed about was that they had a 100$ off for your first visit if you bought a dress. I went to my other appointments that day and ended up coming back that same day and got my dress from Sara. She was so great with making time to squeeze us back in with such short notice for the same day. We didn't get the 100$ off even though we came back the same day. At the end of the day she really makes you feel special and that's all that matters. I'm extremely happy to be a Bella Bride.

Sent on 08/13/2018
  • vDymond

Venus · Married on 06/23/2018

I scheduled a visit about a month out through messenger because of a hectic schedule. I instantly felt well attended to. All my questions and concerns were responded to very quickly. The day of my visit having never done bridal shopping before, my severe nerves set in. Sarah my consultant, put me at ease almost the instant I walked in the shop. It was so much fun and her genuine upfront input was extremely helpful. Please don’t pass on a visit with these ladies. I can’t wait to come back by to look for my grooms wear and the mother’s dresses.

Sent on 04/10/2017

Ashleigh · Married on 07/13/2013

Sarah at Bella Brides was wonderful to work with in the purchase of my dress. It's hard to rate on value, as it's not her fault wedding dresses are so high in general. She was really sweet and helpful and the dress shopping experience was pleasant and fun. The store isn't huge, but with plenty of room to look at your dress in mirrors without a huge crowd around. I had gone to Portland initially to buy my dress and had a miserable shopping experience. I was pleased to find out that Bend offered a much better experience with Bella Brides, and I should have just gone there in the first place! I know several others that have gotten their dress there in the past and been equally as pleased. Also, I tried on a dress that the owner had suggested and I would not have picked myself, and it ended up being the one. Bella Brides is a great bridal boutique!

Sent on 08/15/2013

Ming-Min · Married on 06/14/2008

I had found my perfect Maggie Sottero dress here in Tucson, but it was waaaaay over my budget! I finally decided to bite the bullet and buy it, but thought I might save a bit by looking around in Oregon (where my wedding was to be held) and having my folks pick it up for me. I contacted Nicole at Bella Brides and boy was I glad I did! She probably saved me $400 dollars...First of all, her price on the Maggie dress I had my eye on was MUCH better than anything I could find locally. She also informed me that Maggie Sottero makes dresses in a petite cut (something the boutique in town didn't tell me), thereby saving me $$ on alterations. She was extremely professional and even faxed a contract to my workplace for me. I had her ship my dress to Tucson and she did so at a very reasonable rate, even inspecting it before sending it to me. I highly recommend Bella Brides in Bend for their thorough, exceptional service. Thank you for making my dream dress possible, and for making the process so easy--even from three states away!

Sent on 09/06/2008

I got a beautiful wedding gown at a great price! I love it and Bella Brides was great to work with.

Sent on 08/03/2013

Love the prices, love how quickly things came, love the Dress!
    The only disappointment was that we took time to make an appointment, get everyone there, and we had to wait any time someone else walked in during OUR appointment:(

Sent on 06/30/2013

Cassie · Married on 12/01/2018

Beautiful dress!

I cannot say enough about my dress. I did end up going over budget, but it was worth it. I was so happy with the feel and look of it, and fell in love instantly. Great team at Bella Brides, where bringing the bride's vision into reality is their top priority.

Sent on 12/26/2018

By far the best boutique I visited. Jessica was friendly and helpful. Loved that I didn't feel pushed into buying a dress. They were happy with me coming in on several occasions before I committed!

Sent on 11/15/2015

I scheduled an appointment with Bella Brides really to only get an idea what to begin looking for. I ended up finding and buying the PERFECT dress! Jessica, the wonderful woman who helped us, could not have been more friendly or kind. She listened to my vague ideas and thoughts and whirled around us offering suggestions. In fact, she's the one who found and suggested I try the winning gown on. She spent our session laughing and smiling with us and really made the whole experience a dream come true.

Sent on 01/09/2015
  • markiesgirl07

Megan · Married on 08/04/2007

4.2
      3.0

Nicole was great. My dress was grogerous and the brides maid dresses we got a great deal on them! If you order a certain amount of dresses, you get a deal its great! She's great to go with and very flexible too!

Sent on 10/22/2008

4.2
      3.5

The lady that helped me listened to what I wanted and let me try on a few that I picked out. When I wasn't wowed, she suggested a dress that I might like. I never would have picked it for myself but it was absolutely perfect. She wasn't pushy and gave me time and space to discuss my decision with family and friends without looming over me.

Sent on 08/16/2013

Jennie · Married on 08/31/2008

3.4
      3.0

My dress was perfectly sized for my height, however the alterations that were needed for shoulders of my dress were obscenely expensive and time-consuming. This would not have been that big of a deal, but I was told by Bella Brides that the alterations would be "minimal". I was also told that there was a bustle in the dress, but there wasn't, wich added to the increase in the alterations cost. I also saw the same dress at a different bridal shop for approximately $200 less.

Her shop is beautiful and all of the dresses that she has in there are gorgeous.

Sent on 09/22/2008
  • Meg

Meg D. · Married on 01/05/2021

1.4
      1.0

Pressured into buying way oversized dress

First place I had gone to try on wedding dresses. They pulled out several that varied in size from 8 to 20+, but would make it look good on you by clamping it in the back, so I couldn't really tell how big it was. Picked a dress I liked and thought they would order in my size, but she assured me that the seamstress they send everyone to could take a dress in up to 16 sizes and that it didn't matter what size the dress was. This seemed weird to go in to try on dresses specifically to find one that fits well, but she made it sound like this is what everyone did. So I paid another $700 to have the dress taken in, but it wasn't taken in nicely the way they had clamped it at the store, so it feels like it is falling down constantly and I don't feel like I can keep it on very long and was just told to put tape on it. They have their canned spiel to try to make you feel special, but they never leave you alone to discuss with your friend or allow you to see the sizes of the dresses and pressure you to purchase before you leave and make you sign a contract that you cannot return the dress. I should have just not bought it, but they're very good at being salespeople as that is what they are, but the experience was worse than working with a used car salesperson (not a criticism on them, but it's a phrase). I've now spent over a couple thousand dollars and really regret it, but not anything I can do about it in the next couple of weeks before the big day. We will have fun regardless and I could have enjoyed myself without the dress, but my mom never had one and we decided to splurge. Oh, well. Have to remember what is really important about the day -- and, it's not the dress. Still excited, but would steer my friends and family away from this experience.

Sent on 04/14/2021

Bella Brides's reply:

Hi Meg, Thank you for making us aware, and we are truly disheartened to hear this! We strive so hard to make every single experience spectacular, and we want every bride to be absolutely delighted from start to finish! We truly apologize for any lack of clarity on our part regarding ordering timeframes. We pride ourselves on having a collection that can be taken home the same day when brides such as yourself do not have enough time to order before their wedding. When there is not enough time to order, sometimes more alterations are needed. We did not realize you were unhappy and truly want to work on this with you! Please give us a call at 541.330.7090 whenever is convenient for you. ❤