BeFitted Tailoring Co. Reviews

23 | Alexandria, VA

23 Reviews for BeFitted Tailoring Co.

BeFitted Tailoring Co. 1
BeFitted Tailoring Co. 6
BeFitted Tailoring Co. 7

Jane Yodelle · Married on 06/04/2019

My dress was Instagram perfection

I would give them 10 stars if I could!! My dress fit me like a glove and it was everything I dreamed it would be :)

Before I came in, I was compulsively stalking my dress on instagram because I was worried how it would look. there were so many people in the dress that didn't get the dress fitted and it looked so bad... I told the wonderful ladies at BeFitted what my concerns were and they fit the dress perfectly!!!!

I loved how honest they were with me and they recommended so many things I hadn't even thought of. I'm so happy, and I can't believe getting my dress fitted was actually this fun. I'm gonna miss these ladies!

Sent on 04/26/2019
  • DevSet

Nichole · Married on 03/29/2019

They are Miracle Workers!

I had bought a wedding dress five years ago before my engagement fell through and I loved it so much that I kept it, hoping one day I'd wear it. Well, the day came and the dress was a couple of sizes too big! Knowing it was going to take a skilled tailor to fix, I researched the best tailor in the Northern Virginia area and BeFitted Tailoring came up as number one. After working with them, I can see why!

The mother/daughter team are not only incredibly warm, compassionate, and professional, they also make you feel like you're the only bride they are working with, as they only take one appointment at a time in their boutique. This is in addition to the incredible talent it took to make my dress fit perfectly, which was no easy feat.

While a bit pricey, the cost is well worth it as the end result is a couture fit that is so incredibly flattering you're wondering where else you can wear your wedding dress when the day is over :) I highly recommend them!

Sent on 04/10/2019
    BeFitted Tailoring Co. 8
    BeFitted Tailoring Co. 9

Allison Sachin · Married on 12/08/2018

The best experience!

My wedding was in December, and the wonderful ladies at BeFitted did my ceremony and reception dress.

I was also worried because my wedding is a destination wedding but they already were 10 steps ahead of me and gave me a special tip sheet that had guidance for what I should do when I get there. That was really nice because I had no idea what I was doing, but it was obvious they knew what to do.

In the end, I felt like a queen on my big day and everyone raved about my two looks. I'm so glad I went with the two dresses, and I'm so thankful to have found BeFitted!! I'll be going back to get my dresses dry cleaned and preserved too!

Sent on 01/13/2019

Annie Johnson · Married on 11/17/2018

Perfect dress and really fun experience!!

Loved, loved, loved working with Michelle and Diane. I actually looked forward to my wedding dress fittings which is something I never even thought I'd feel given that wedding planning is so stressful!!

I had a pretty tricky dress to work with (silk, organza, lace), but the process went super smoothly. I had a bunch of questions, but they were patience and walked me through each answer.

I should add that I have a crazy work schedule, and they even let me book my appointments in advance so I could plan ahead of time.

My dress looked perfect and I felt sad when the process was over. I got my dress cleaned and preserved here too and my dress looked beautiful. Would highly recommend!

Sent on 01/12/2019

Kaili · Married on 11/17/2018

The easiest part of the wedding!

Getting my dress altered at BeFitted Co was seriously one of the easiest parts in preparing for my wedding! BeFitted Co was a preferred alterations shop from where I bought my dress and it’s so easy to see why. Michelle and Diane are a mother/daughter duo who run the cutest alterations boutique in Alexandria. They see customers by appointment only, one at a time, which makes your session so personalized. And that’s exactly what you need with something so detailed as making alterations to a wedding gown. Diane expertly pinned and tucked my dress with ease and Michelle was an expert in next steps and made me feel so comfortable. The price was reasonable, and my dress was done on time. What more could you ask for? They were so encouraging and sweet, such a great experience!

Sent on 01/23/2019
    BeFitted Tailoring Co. 10
    BeFitted Tailoring Co. 11
    BeFitted Tailoring Co. 12
    BeFitted Tailoring Co. 13
    BeFitted Tailoring Co. 14
  • Alexandra

Alexandra · Married on 11/11/2018

I'm so glad I went to BeFitted Tailoring for my dress. They did a wonderful job and were really communicative throughout the process. I was a bit nervous about the price because my dress has a lot of lace that would be very expensive to alter, but they did it for a very reasonable price.

Sent on 09/19/2018

Elizabeth Holcombe · Married on 11/10/2018

Excellent service and product!

Would 100% recommend them for any tailoring needs. Michelle is EXTREMELY responsive and on the ball (not to mention their shop is cute, trendy, and comfortable). The tailor does a wonderful job. They were flexible (I came in 2 months prior to my wedding with a dress that I had no idea if it would fit and they took me under their wing). I had them sew buttons all down the back of my dress and it turns out we didn't have enough. One week before my wedding the extra buttons came and they had them on in a flash. I couldn't even believe it. They reassured me the whole way and even when I missed my last appointment in straight panic of wedding mode, Michelle was calm, accommodating and so kind. She responds via text so you can reach her when you need to. I really, really appreciate them and will go back to them in the future for any needs I have.

Sent on 11/15/2018

Jacquline Day · Married on 11/03/2018

Impressed!

These ladies are GEMS. Super responsive, and very personalized. Every time I came in, I felt like I was the only bride they were servicing. When I was trying on dresses, I felt really stressed out by all the people walking through and browsing, so it was nice to come to a quiet, super cutely decorating little studio, and it just be me and the ladies at BeFitted.

My dress ROCKED and was super comfy. I got so many compliments and I only wish I could wear the dress again soon!!

Sent on 01/14/2019

Marla · Married on 09/29/2018

BeFitted BeDazzled!

I used BeFitted for my wedding gown alterations and was very pleased with their services. I had to have quite a bit of my lace dress hemmed (I wore flats) and some fabric taken in the shoulders/back as well as a rhinestone belt sewn on and bustle added. Their pricing was a bit more expensive than I anticipated, but they are a specialty shop who only work on bridal gowns and I'd rather spend more for the comfort in that they know what they are doing. I don't think I was overcharged given the extent of what I needed. I never had issues scheduling or rescheduling my fittings and everything was done in time. They were very friendly, professional, responsive, and clearly love what they do. Highly recommend!

Sent on 11/03/2018

Jennifer Anderson · Married on 09/15/2018

Completely saved the day on a time crunch

I am the type of person who literally never writes reviews, but I think it's worth the 5 mins to tell the world about how great BeFitted is!!!

I was on a time crunch when I got my dress - the boutique said it was going to come in a lot sooner than it actually did. I was already stressed and I felt really panicked. I texted BeFitted from the number on their website, and they answered almost immediately. They squeezed me in an off-hours appointment and I went home feeling much better that night!!

The process itself was easy and surprisingly quick. The first fitting took almost the full 30 mins and they walked me through what they recommended, then we did the paperwork and deposit. My next appointment was literally 12 mins, and the final appointment was super short too!!

Michelle and Diane are super thorough and you can tell they know what they are doing. Before I left, they even tightened some of the original stitching and buttons for me for free because I said I was worried they might fall off on my wedding day and I can't sew for my life.

Location is awesome too - usually pretty easy to find parking! I really enjoyed working with these wonderful ladies and will be sending everyone I know their way!!

Sent on 01/12/2019
  • Kathleen

Kathleen · Married on 09/08/2018

Miracle Workers

I took my dress to get fitted 2 months before my big day and the team at BeFitted took amazing care of me. I needed to get the dress let out at my ribs, the shoulders pulled up, cups sewn in, and a bustle attached to my dress. My family lives in NJ and my bridesmaids that lived in town weren't able to come with me, so I was very nervous to go alone. Diane and Michelle made me feel like part of the family and assured me all of my alterations would be done on time and WELL! The shop is appointment only and you are the only bride in there at one time. This was nice because I received 1:1 attention each time. My dress came out beautifully and I felt confident and COMFORTABLE on my big day! If you are in the Alexandria area, I recommend you book an appointment at BeFitted.

Sent on 01/22/2019
    BeFitted Tailoring Co. 15

Samantha Ming · Married on 08/18/2018

A big yes from me

I love BeFitted! Really easy process and cozy little chic studio. I was worried that my dress would be too complicated, but everything ended up being superb. Fittings were quick, and the recommendations they made were really flattering! I hadn't even thought about wanting to take in the backside of my dress but it gave me some great curves. I'm so glad I ended up going here - I knew I was in good hands as soon as Diane started putting the pins in my dress!

Sent on 01/16/2019

Kathryn · Married on 05/05/2018

I loved working with BeFitted. They are an amazing mother-daughter team. My wedding dress just needed minor alterations (hemming and a bustle), but they were so attentive to detail and really wanted to make sure that I looked my best. As they promised, my bustle stayed up the entire night while dancing! They only do wedding dresses, and are very competitively priced based on other vendors I spoke with. Their shop is such a great space and they make you feel completely comfortable. I would highly recommend BeFitted!

Sent on 05/09/2018

Jessica Jefferson · Married on 04/06/2018

So much fun!!!

Omg! The best part of my entire wedding planning experience! Befitted is fabulous and I had waaaay more fun that I thought getting my wedding dress tailored. I've never really gotten alterations on anything except pants (#shortpeopleproblems) so I came in with zero expectations and was basically a lost puppy. Michelle and Diane were amazing and guided me throughout the whole process. My dress looked PERFECT and I got so many compliments! I only wish they did other alterations too because now I can see what a big difference tailoring can make!!

Sent on 04/14/2019

Julia · Married on 11/03/2017

The duo at Befitted are nothing short of spectacular. Despite having my dress custom ordered, it came in with the back coming down to basically the top of my crack..very scandalous and NOT appropriate. I was in an absolute panic until I went into Befitted and worked with Michelle and her mom. Diane was a superhero and lifted the entire back of the dress up so that I felt more comfortable and covered. BLESS YOU DIANE. They are both extremely courteous and professional. They will ask you detailed questions about the overall look of your wedding, how you want to feel that day, what body parts you are most self conscious about and will use that information to tailor your wedding dress exactly to how you envision it. I am very self conscious about my midsection and Diane and Michelle paid extremely close attention to how my dress fit around that area making sure I felt comfortable and confident. The studio is very convenient and I love the fact that they only have private appointments. They are very flexible and have great hours — they are always willing to work around your busy wedding planning schedules! I couldn’t have asked for a better team to do my wedding dress alterations. Thank you!!!

Sent on 11/05/2017

Elly · Married on 10/07/2017

I’m so thankful for the ladies at BeFitted! They truly are the best at what they do. I returned for my own wedding dress after I had a bridesmaid dress altered. Even though my wedding dress was not the norm, they managed to take it apart and have it fit perfectly to my body. My mom and sisters had their dresses fitted and they were very happy with the results as well. Thank you for making this process enjoyable and painless!

Sent on 01/05/2018

Danielle · Married on 07/08/2017

Michelle and her mom are amazing. They are great at what they do and having impeccable customer service to boot. They were able to accommodate my schedule and were incredibly helpful. I will be coming back here for all of my tailoring needs beyond my wedding!

Sent on 02/20/2017

Kristen · Married on 05/28/2017

I could not express how much I appreciated and LOVED within with Michelle and her mother!! I was so upset when I picked up my dress from the shop and it was STILL 2 sizes too big! They got my dress to fit me perfectly!!! and took off parts of the dress which I did not like. Not only this, but I ordered my nieces dress, which also came in too big, with no returns! she was able to fix this last minute as well with a discounted price! they worked extremely well with my nieces, and were so accommodating!! They are a MUST use for your wedding dresses!

Sent on 07/30/2017

Megan · Married on 04/16/2017

Diane and Michelle, the mother-daughter team at BeFitted are absolutely amazing and I am so happy that I found them to do the alterations on my wedding dress! Diane does all the alterations; her technical abilities are limitless and her attention to detail is stunning. My dress had many layers, including a delicate lace overlay. Diane masterfully added a corset back to the dress, using extra lace to create a modesty panel that looked as if it was an original feature, and re-set the lace sleeves perfectly. Michelle takes care of the front-of-the-house work. The appointment booking system which she has set up is so easy to use. She responds promptly and was very flexible with helping to find appointment times for me. She assisted Diane during the consultations and fittings; it was fantastic to have experienced, knowledgeable experts clearly explaining my options to me, listening to my thoughts, and making sure that we were on the same page before any cutting took place. Beyond their skill and communication abilities, Diane and Michelle are passionate people who take a deep, genuine, loving interest in their clients. I looked forward to each of my appointments and was deeply touched at how readily they went above and beyond to help create my wedding look. Thank you, Michelle and Diane, for your role in the best day of my life!!!!! I am grateful to have found you and can't sing your praises loudly enough!

Sent on 04/29/2017

Valerie · Married on 09/09/2017

I would give more stars if I could!! BeFitted was absolutely amazing. I would recommend them and only them to any bride that needs their dress tailored. I took my dress in for a rush job, a non-professional tailor tried to help me out with my dress and it ended up not being what I wanted. It was 2 weeks before my wedding when my bridesmaids reached out to BeFitted for me. They were realistic with what they could do but did absolutely amazing things with the dress!! They had to re-do the hem, re-do the bustle, take in the dress about 2 inches on the either side, and they smoothed out the hip area which had an odd protrusion. The bottom was still a bit off but I want to make it clear that it was only like that because of the previous cuts and attempts made to hem.

The finished product made me feel confident and beautiful. Michelle and Diane were kind and warm, they were welcoming and talked me through all the details. They let me facetime my mom in during the appointment and answered her questions, my questions, and my mother in laws questions. They told me their opinions while letting me choose what I liked best. On the last day to pick up my dress I had two people from out of the country with me, they let me try on the dress again for everyone even though I know it was closing time for them.

They are reasonably priced and Diane is an expert tailor, she has been doing this for years. Their store front is really nice and has places to sit when you bring friends and family -- although not huge so don't bring more than a few people! Parking is super easy and the frosted windows make things feel really private and secluded. You will be so thankful if you book here!!!

Sent on 11/18/2017

Jess · Married on 09/08/2018

Super friendly and super talented

Michelle and Diane are absolutely fantastic! I bought my dress in another state (where my Grandmom and parents live) but couldn't get alterations done at the store, and was in a complete panic trying to figure out what to do. I was SO glad I found BeFitted! Michelle walked me through every step of the process and no matter the "crazy bride" question I had, she was able to answer and made me feel so comfortable! On top of being really nice people, my dress turned out fantastic! I ordered extra beading from my designer to get added to the train, and even though it was a big job they made it look easy. I loved my dress and it fit perfectly for my wedding!

Sent on 11/04/2018
    BeFitted Tailoring Co. 16
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 11/10/2018

3.8

Decent Little Tailoring Shop

The ladies at BeFitted were very nice to work with. They came very highly recommended, which is why I chose to drive 90 minutes from my hometown for them to work on my dress. They worked very hard to make my visions a reality and even altered a pair of Spanx so that they could work underneath my open-back dress. They also added a jeweled belt to my dress with truly made it come together. It was beautiful!

But due to a couple little issues that came up after my final fitting, I had to take a couple stars off my review. First, when I brought my dress home roughly 2 weeks before my wedding, I took it out of the bag and noticed one of the shoulder seams was coming undone. In their defense, normally I would've contacted the shop and I'm sure they would've taken care of it. But in my case, I was traveling 90 mins one way for each of my fittings and could not budget in another 4+ hour trip for them to correct it. Luckily I managed to fix it myself.

Also, at my last and final fitting, I only then noticed that the strap of the Spanx we worked so hard to get to work under the dress was visible. I'm sure it had been visible in other fittings, but neither of the ladies had mentioned anything to me. When I brought it up at my last fitting, their answer was to use double sided fashion tape (which was their answer to a couple minor things I took issue with- "just tape it"). I did a dry run with a friend at home- No amount of tape was holding a bra strap in place all day. So sadly the Spanx that I spend money on for their to alter additionally went unworn the day of. I was VERY concerned about this because like all women, I have body insecurities, but I went without any shapewear on the day of. And to be honest, I think everything looked fine. Just bummed to have spent the time and money for nothing.

Thirdly, my dress had a very small train and I asked for a bustle to be put in so that people wouldn't step on my dress on the back floor. Unfortunately, the bustle came undone I don't know how many time during the day that I ended up just holding my dress most of the night. Nothing terrible; just annoying.

Finally, I did have a wardrobe malfunction. Which is a little ironic, because as they were sewing in the hook to the back on my dress that held it all together, they promised they never had a wardrobe malfunction. But sadly, the hook failed halfway through my reception. Thankfully my photographer had safety pins and we were able to pin me together and I didn't have to leave my reception early due to being half naked. Overall, they were very sweet and professional and did a lovely job on my dress and I can't complain with the overall look on they day of. Just a few too many annoyances to give them a full 5 star rating.

Sent on 01/11/2019
    BeFitted Tailoring Co. 17
    BeFitted Tailoring Co. 18
    BeFitted Tailoring Co. 19
  • Jarrod

Jarrod · Married on 06/24/2019

3.6
      3.0

Able to complete in time

Very professional. The job was done in time, however the dress did not fit as expected. We had to remove the boning ourselves.

Sent on 07/01/2019

BeFitted Tailoring Co.'s reply:

Hey there! We did not ever work with a Jarrod (although we suspect we might have helped from the reviewer thumbnail!) :)

We thank you for taking the time to post about your experience. We take all the feedback we receive very seriously, and we genuinely want to know how we could make the experience better.

When working with this bride's dress, we had just under 2 months to get the job done when our process usually takes about 3.5 months in total. Had we had more time, we might have been able to remove the boning, but did not feel comfortable trying to remove it without being able to take a closer look at how it might effect the rest of the fit of the dress (especially because we had removed other elements of the bust area). We also had some changing shapewear from fitting to fitting that made the fit of the bust a bit of moving target for us. Some of the other solutions we normally use were off the table because the bride had very sensitive skin. We found at the last fitting that adding in the bra cups helped fill out the bust area; we offered the bride a set to take with her on her wedding day, and we hoped that helped!

In all, we feel sad and disappointed too that the bride didn't have the experience she expected. We hope that the day was still magical and that she had a wonderful and memorable day.