16 Reviews for Beauty Icon NYC

Hair (1)
Hair Trial (1)
Makeup Trial (1)
16 Beauty Icon NYC Reviews

Thank you so much to very professional and talented Elizabeth for making my wedding day so magical and special. With a lot of patience she did exactly what I was hoping for.
I will definitely get service from Beauty Icon again for my Birthday look.
I am still waiting for the pictures from my photographer, so unfortunately can't share it yet.

Profile Picture Polina , 12/15/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Paulina Allure was my wedding hair stylist. She is fabulous and you can absolutely trust your hair in her hands. She actually listens to your ideas and improves upon it. She is determined to make you look your very best and is very meticulous and detailed with her work. I really appreciate her level of professionalism and talent, and I would absolutely recommend her to everyone. Additionally, she is a kind and wonderful person. So working with her was an absolute pleasure.

Profile Picture Jyoti, 10/22/17, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Hair, Makeup Trial, Hair Trial

Liz from Beauty Icon NYC did my bridal makeup on October 12, 2017. I found Liz through a friend's referral. Although I contacted Liz a few weeks before the wedding, she was very responsive and flexible to fit me in her schedule at the last minute. I wanted a natural look on my wedding, so Liz and I set up a makeup trial session to make sure that we get the right look. I heard a lot of good reviews about how airbrush is a better choice for bridal makeup and how it holds well till the end of the day. We applied airbrush on the trial session, as well as experimented with different eye makeup looks. Liz was very patient, nice, and helpful in the process of me trying to figure out which look to choose. I am very glad and relieved that we had a trial session because it allowed us to see that airbrush was not the most perfect choice for me because my skin was pretty dry. Liz recommended me to drink more water before the wedding to keep the skin moisturized. In addition, she suggested using a regular foundation instead of airbrush because she thought it would fit my skin better.
On the wedding day, Liz was able to create the perfect look based on the preferences I made on the makeup trial session. My makeup looked flawless, and I felt great! Liz did a terrific job. Everyone complimented me on my bridal makeup and said that it looked very smooth and natural. The makeup looks great on our wedding pictures, as well.
I highly recommend Beauty Icon NYC. Liz is very personable, nice, and professional on top of being a great makeup artist. I am going to recommend her to my friends who will be getting married.

Profile Picture Dunya, 10/12/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Liz provided make-up for myself, my bridesmaids, and my mother/mother-in-law. I couldn’t have been happier with the results, and I know everyone else was equally satisfied. She has a wonderful eye for color, respectfully listens to your requests, and moves throughout the getting-ready period of the day with a calm, collected stress-free attitude. She was on time and ahead of schedule. I would highly recommend her – she’s worth every penny.

Profile Picture Alexandra , 6/24/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Paulina did my hair and makeup for my elopement in NYC. I did not have a trial done and she was able to capture my vision through my Pinterest selections. She took the time until I confirmed I was ready to go!

Profile Picture Erin, 6/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Great service! It wasn't my wedding (yet)) but very special day so I got my beautiful makeup and hair done by amazing Liza Ray, she was very professional even with the limited time. Totally recommend if you want perfect look for any occasion!

Profile Picture Leila, 6/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

I have worked with Paulina for years modelling for her photoshoots, so when the time came that I was planning my own real wedding, I only asked one person. I was ecstatic when she was able to do it! Even when I changed the location on her at the last minute, she was able to drive out to me and was totally chill about it. The makeup was great, lasted all day through the kissing, mom speeches, snow, and late-night friend reception/pub food. I even kept the eye makeup on through the next day (though she explicitly tells you not to, sorry Paulina it’s just too pretty!)

Profile Picture Maria, 4/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

My wedding day was March 16th. So the first time I met Paulina was the day of the trial a month before the wedding day.
First of all Paulina is very professional, we talked about all the details and preferences regarding the makeup, also talked about time, venue and even colors that will look great on me. I wear makeup on daily basis but very soft and natural. So my concern was to achieve the look that im still be comfortable wearing, but at the same time not too simple. We all want look good on the pictures ??.
So the first look on the trial was surprisingly exactly what I was imagining. She also helped me with some recommendations regarding my features, and what would enhance the beauty.
We agreed on the look and then met on the actual day of wedding.
I wasn't worried at all, she made me feel very relaxed, I was enjoying the process and coz i already knew she's great!
My makeup looked AMAZING! I was looking my best! It stayed all day, looked brilliant on pictures!

I highly recommend to have Paulina on your wedding day, if you want someone reliable, super talented and with good energy!

Thanx again for making the most important day of my life so beautiful!

Love xoxo

Profile Picture Elizaveta, 3/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Liz was recommended to me by my wedding photographers and I’m so happy she was available for my wedding! From my first inquiry I knew she was going to be awesome! She was very responsive and even asked for some photos to gave her an idea of my weeding inspiration. At my trial, she gave me a look that was flawless and timeless! The morning of my wedding Liz was right on time even a little early. Everyone looked amazing and they couldn’t believe how natural the airbrush looked! I was so calm all morning because I knew I was in such great hands. Our makeup looked great all night long with hardly a touchup. I can’t recommend Liz enough, she is so talented at her craft and you can tell she really loves what she does. If you’re thinking of booking Liz, act quick before she gets booked up!

Profile Picture Natalia, 3/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Liz, Paulina and their team did such an amazing job for my bridal party and I for my big day. The makeup was flawless and hair was on point. It lasted te entire day. I give them 5 stars and recomendar them for any event. It's not every day that you get makeup artist and hair stylist that are super nice, talented and pleasant to work with as well as brig yr vision to life.

Profile Picture Vita, 3/11/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Paulina us an absolute magician with makeup. With just a couple of inspirations pics, she managed to perfectly capture and execute the exact look I was wishing for on my big day. Professional at all times, Paulina made me look and feel like the blushing bride I always wished I would be!

Profile Picture Mats, 3/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Paulina is an amazing makeup artist and I always keep coming back for more. She recently did my makeup for a wedding as a bridesmaid but she has also done my makeup for my birthday, my graduation, Halloween and even electric zoo with a little bit more edgy makeup! A talented makeup artist that can do all kinds of makeup looks including natural makeup, elegant makeup, creative looks and more. She pays great attention to detail and always makes my skin look flawless. She always works with me and gets an understanding of how I want my makeup to look and really listens to my needs. I always feel so beautiful after Paulina does my makeup and everyone always comments on how flawless and amazing I look! Paulina has a real gift and is a true artist. Will definitely be hiring her to do my wedding !

Profile Picture Karolina, 11/6/16, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

After a very bad makeup trial with someone else, I had given up and decided to do my own makeup. My photographer, though, strongly recommended Liz and Paulina I am so glad I gave them a try. Makuep is flawless, they are a natural at putting everyone around them at ease and they really listen to her clients. I was married during the July heat wave – outside – and my makeup was flawless the entire day! Me & my bridesmaids aren’t normally makeup people & were nervous about looking too ‘done’ but the makeup looked natural and each of us were incredibly pleased with our look. I would recommend them to anyone!

Profile Picture Julia, 7/10/16, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

I am so glad I found Liz! She was communicable, flexible, and so easy to work with. She was prompt to appointments and was easily reachable via text. It was my first time getting my makeup and hair professionally done, and boy was I nervous! As I do not wear makeup everyday, I was worried about my makeup being too heavy. But I was very pleased with the end results. Liz was patient in listening to my concerns and what I wanted. She provided feedback with styles that would complement my dress and hairpiece. I was also glad I did a trial with her. Liz did my makeup and hairdo to my specific requests and it was beautifully done. However, I did not feel like myself with the style I had envisioned. On the day of my wedding, I decided to change my make-up and hairdo. She was completely open to it and did an amazing job! I even got compliments from my hairdresser! My hair and makeup held up great the entire day and I felt so comfortable in them. I highly recommend Liz!

Profile Picture Jun, 9/9/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Liza did a fantastic job on my hair and makeup for my wedding. She took the time to really listen and understand what style I did and didn't want - I really wanted to look and feel like "me" on my wedding day and not look over-done. Her work exceeded my expectations and I received tons of compliments on my hair!

Profile Picture Kristie, 6/24/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)