Beauty Icon NYC Reviews

30 Reviews for Beauty Icon NYC

30 Beauty Icon NYC Reviews
  • U

Urszula · Married on 08/25/2018

I got my hair and makeup done with Paulina and I couldn’t have picked a better person to help me pick a hair style and makeup that would go perfectly with the dress. The hairstyling was very professional and soo nice! She did exactly what I wanted, a natural look that made my eyes POP! My hair lasted my all night with the perfect curls!

Dorothy · Married on 08/11/2018

I love Beauty Icon! I have been working with Liz for the past few months preparing for my wedding in Brooklyn NY and it has been an absolute pleasure to work with her. With a busy work schedule, it feels like wedding planning is a 2nd job but with vendors like Liz who are extremely talented, communicative, thoughtful, and professional, it was honestly one of the best decisions I could have made for my wedding day. You will not regret booking any service, from helping you on your wedding day or if you just want to pamper yourself. I will definitely be calling on Liz again in the future!

On my wedding day, Liz and Paulina showed up punctually on time super early in the morning since I had a brunch reception. They knocked it out of the park! With 7 women, they completed everything early for photos and even jumped in last minute to do make up for 2 of my party! Everyone loved their hair and make up

I can't thank Liz and Paulina enough for their awesome work, fun attitudes, and ability to jump in last minute and make it all work! Also, I can't rave about my hair enough...if I could wear that hair everyday I totally would! Thank you so much for everything Liz and Paulina!

Beauty Icon NYC 1
    Beauty Icon NYC 2
    Beauty Icon NYC 3
    Beauty Icon NYC 4

M · Married on 08/04/2018

I cannot say enough about Paulina’s talent. Im so lucky to have met her. For many years I have needed my makeup done for different occasions and tried so many different artists. I can’t explain how Paulina looks at your face and just knows how to bring out your beauty and enhance it. Whether formal events or makeup for a video shoot and more, I couldn’t be happier with the results. So mac so, that I wish she can do my makeup every morning. If you are truly looking for a talented makeup artist to make you look stunning, you found her!!!! I highly recommend Paulina.

Jasmine · Married on 07/28/2018

Paulina is truly one of a kind. I’m really picky with my hair and makeup but Paulina listened to what I wanted while taking into consideration my face structure. She was patient and kind which is difficult to do when you’re working on a large bridal party. She made the bride feel like a princess on her special day. The end result was better than we could have imagined. I highly recommend her and will use her for all my events! Thank you for everything Paulina!!!!

LINA · Married on 07/16/2018

Very professional & amazing artists! From beginning to end everything was made simple and customized to my satisfaction, needless to say i felt more than happy & satisfied with ny appearance:) Lianne did ny makeup, she was an ANGEL! Quick & super talented , EVERYONE complimented my makeup at my engagement dinner !! Totally recommend beauty icon for any event , super convenient & amazing service !

Sent on 11/28/2017
    Beauty Icon NYC 5

Beauty Icon NYC's reply:

Thank you for your kindest words, Lina! We hope to work with you again some time!

LEELA · Married on 06/24/2018

Paulina, Liza and the team they work with are amazing! They were referred by my wedding planner and I could not have been more happy with them. They are true professionals and so nice, friendly, and fun to work with and they really understand the look their clients are going for. They listen to feedback, adjust accordingly and really know how to accentuate or compliment your best features. My bridesmaids and I LOVED our hair and makeup, it lasted perfectly throughout the whole evening and we had so much fun getting ready with them.

Elena · Married on 06/03/2018

Usually, I don't use makeup. But Elizabeth Ray could make impossible. She made a very realistic makeup in natural colors. The result is very happy: sturdy, light and very beautiful makeup. And the hairdo has perfectly complemented the image :) She gives herself up to work! It's a pleasure to communicate with her because she's just a wonderful person with a wonderful energy, and her work is just beyond praise)) Immediately feel the many years of her makeup experience.

Beauty Icon NYC 6
    Beauty Icon NYC 7

Tricia · Married on 05/27/2018

We did a destination wedding in NYC so I wasn't able to do a makeup/hair trial. I was a bit anxious about taking a risk... If only I'd known Paulina wasn't a risk at all! She needed very little information/direction to execute. For my bridal hair and makeup, she only saw a few pictures and we had a brief conversation prior to the event. For my mom, she just had a brief conversation on the day of. Hands down, Paulina was amazing! She did such an awesome job that when I woke up hungover and had to say goodbye to all the guests leaving the next day (all day long) in hair and makeup from the day before, everyone told me how well-rested I looked... Ha! Seriously, her execution was spot-on. Additionally, she was so flexible and easy to work with... and she even took the initiative to change my lip color for the second ceremony (we had two). I was so anxiety-ridden that I hardly paid attention; just let her do her thing, and boy, am I glad I did! I really can't say enough good things about her--she's a consummate professional, and everyone agreed she did an unbelievable job. I'm so grateful for her skill and professionalism!

Juliano · Married on 05/14/2018

Paulina is a super talented makeup artist! I am so happy she was a part of our wedding day. The whole bridal party looked amazing, hair and makeup lasted all night long. Thank you so much for an amazing job! Highly recommend Paulina and can't wait to use her in the future for upcoming special events!

• O

Olga · Married on 04/27/2018

Beauty Icon NYC - is the company you have to go with if you are looking for make up and hair- stylist professionals!!!
    I had a pleasure to work with them on my wedding shoot! To say i was happy with the results is nothing to say , Please, dont think even twice and make your special event even more special by having this amazing team of professionals by your side!!!

Beauty Icon NYC 8

Narmin · Married on 04/25/2018

Elizabeth did my wedding hair and makeup, and even though the day was packed and we had to start very early in the morning, she was the first person to inject a lot of positivity into my day. She uses very light touch for makeup and all of her equipment was kept pristine, and the makeup was high quality and didn't cause any breakouts for me (I don't use makeup on a daily basis because 99.9% of brands make me break out). I loved the way my makeup turned out, and she was available throughout the day for any touch ups:) She also did my hairpiece to go with the outfits, and used minimal heat for hair styling.

Beauty Icon NYC 9
    Beauty Icon NYC 10
    Beauty Icon NYC 11
    Beauty Icon NYC 12
    Beauty Icon NYC 13
    Beauty Icon NYC 14

Polina · Married on 12/15/2017

Thank you so much to very professional and talented Elizabeth for making my wedding day so magical and special. With a lot of patience she did exactly what I was hoping for.
    I will definitely get service from Beauty Icon again for my Birthday look.
    I am still waiting for the pictures from my photographer, so unfortunately can't share it yet.

Jyoti · Married on 10/22/2017

Paulina Allure was my wedding hair stylist. She is fabulous and you can absolutely trust your hair in her hands. She actually listens to your ideas and improves upon it. She is determined to make you look your very best and is very meticulous and detailed with her work. I really appreciate her level of professionalism and talent, and I would absolutely recommend her to everyone. Additionally, she is a kind and wonderful person. So working with her was an absolute pleasure.

Dunya · Married on 10/12/2017

Liz from Beauty Icon NYC did my bridal makeup on October 12, 2017. I found Liz through a friend's referral. Although I contacted Liz a few weeks before the wedding, she was very responsive and flexible to fit me in her schedule at the last minute. I wanted a natural look on my wedding, so Liz and I set up a makeup trial session to make sure that we get the right look. I heard a lot of good reviews about how airbrush is a better choice for bridal makeup and how it holds well till the end of the day. We applied airbrush on the trial session, as well as experimented with different eye makeup looks. Liz was very patient, nice, and helpful in the process of me trying to figure out which look to choose. I am very glad and relieved that we had a trial session because it allowed us to see that airbrush was not the most perfect choice for me because my skin was pretty dry. Liz recommended me to drink more water before the wedding to keep the skin moisturized. In addition, she suggested using a regular foundation instead of airbrush because she thought it would fit my skin better.
    On the wedding day, Liz was able to create the perfect look based on the preferences I made on the makeup trial session. My makeup looked flawless, and I felt great! Liz did a terrific job. Everyone complimented me on my bridal makeup and said that it looked very smooth and natural. The makeup looks great on our wedding pictures, as well.
    I highly recommend Beauty Icon NYC. Liz is very personable, nice, and professional on top of being a great makeup artist. I am going to recommend her to my friends who will be getting married.

Alexandra · Married on 06/24/2017

Liz provided make-up for myself, my bridesmaids, and my mother/mother-in-law. I couldn’t have been happier with the results, and I know everyone else was equally satisfied. She has a wonderful eye for color, respectfully listens to your requests, and moves throughout the getting-ready period of the day with a calm, collected stress-free attitude. She was on time and ahead of schedule. I would highly recommend her – she’s worth every penny.

Erin · Married on 06/14/2017

Paulina did my hair and makeup for my elopement in NYC. I did not have a trial done and she was able to capture my vision through my Pinterest selections. She took the time until I confirmed I was ready to go!

Leila · Married on 06/03/2017

Great service! It wasn't my wedding (yet)) but very special day so I got my beautiful makeup and hair done by amazing Liza Ray, she was very professional even with the limited time. Totally recommend if you want perfect look for any occasion!

Maria · Married on 04/22/2017

I have worked with Paulina for years modelling for her photoshoots, so when the time came that I was planning my own real wedding, I only asked one person. I was ecstatic when she was able to do it! Even when I changed the location on her at the last minute, she was able to drive out to me and was totally chill about it. The makeup was great, lasted all day through the kissing, mom speeches, snow, and late-night friend reception/pub food. I even kept the eye makeup on through the next day (though she explicitly tells you not to, sorry Paulina it’s just too pretty!)

Elizaveta · Married on 03/16/2017

My wedding day was March 16th. So the first time I met Paulina was the day of the trial a month before the wedding day.
    First of all Paulina is very professional, we talked about all the details and preferences regarding the makeup, also talked about time, venue and even colors that will look great on me. I wear makeup on daily basis but very soft and natural. So my concern was to achieve the look that im still be comfortable wearing, but at the same time not too simple. We all want look good on the pictures ??.
    So the first look on the trial was surprisingly exactly what I was imagining. She also helped me with some recommendations regarding my features, and what would enhance the beauty.
    We agreed on the look and then met on the actual day of wedding.
    I wasn't worried at all, she made me feel very relaxed, I was enjoying the process and coz i already knew she's great!
    My makeup looked AMAZING! I was looking my best! It stayed all day, looked brilliant on pictures!

I highly recommend to have Paulina on your wedding day, if you want someone reliable, super talented and with good energy!

Thanx again for making the most important day of my life so beautiful!

Love xoxo

Natalia · Married on 03/16/2017

Liz was recommended to me by my wedding photographers and I’m so happy she was available for my wedding! From my first inquiry I knew she was going to be awesome! She was very responsive and even asked for some photos to gave her an idea of my weeding inspiration. At my trial, she gave me a look that was flawless and timeless! The morning of my wedding Liz was right on time even a little early. Everyone looked amazing and they couldn’t believe how natural the airbrush looked! I was so calm all morning because I knew I was in such great hands. Our makeup looked great all night long with hardly a touchup. I can’t recommend Liz enough, she is so talented at her craft and you can tell she really loves what she does. If you’re thinking of booking Liz, act quick before she gets booked up!

Vita · Married on 03/11/2017

Liz, Paulina and their team did such an amazing job for my bridal party and I for my big day. The makeup was flawless and hair was on point. It lasted te entire day. I give them 5 stars and recomendar them for any event. It's not every day that you get makeup artist and hair stylist that are super nice, talented and pleasant to work with as well as brig yr vision to life.

Sent on 06/28/2017

Beauty Icon NYC's reply:

Thank you so much! We are so happy we got a chance to be a part of your big day!

Mats · Married on 03/01/2017

Paulina us an absolute magician with makeup. With just a couple of inspirations pics, she managed to perfectly capture and execute the exact look I was wishing for on my big day. Professional at all times, Paulina made me look and feel like the blushing bride I always wished I would be!

Karolina · Married on 11/06/2016

Paulina is an amazing makeup artist and I always keep coming back for more. She recently did my makeup for a wedding as a bridesmaid but she has also done my makeup for my birthday, my graduation, Halloween and even electric zoo with a little bit more edgy makeup! A talented makeup artist that can do all kinds of makeup looks including natural makeup, elegant makeup, creative looks and more. She pays great attention to detail and always makes my skin look flawless. She always works with me and gets an understanding of how I want my makeup to look and really listens to my needs. I always feel so beautiful after Paulina does my makeup and everyone always comments on how flawless and amazing I look! Paulina has a real gift and is a true artist. Will definitely be hiring her to do my wedding !

Julia · Married on 07/10/2016

After a very bad makeup trial with someone else, I had given up and decided to do my own makeup. My photographer, though, strongly recommended Liz and Paulina I am so glad I gave them a try. Makuep is flawless, they are a natural at putting everyone around them at ease and they really listen to her clients. I was married during the July heat wave – outside – and my makeup was flawless the entire day! Me & my bridesmaids aren’t normally makeup people & were nervous about looking too ‘done’ but the makeup looked natural and each of us were incredibly pleased with our look. I would recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 07/10/2017

Beauty Icon NYC's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words! It was a simple pleasure working with you!

Joanna · Married on 08/08/2015

I’ve know Paulina Pecak since I was a little girl. We grew up together. What I am about to write is not because she is my friend, but she’s a very professional individual. Paulina is not your regular type of make up artist. I’ve been to Mac and Sephora and many other private make up artists and they aren’t nearly as wonderful as she is. She exceeded all expectations of a makeup artist. She really listens to her clients and what they would like but also gives you her options as an expertise to make sure that you don’t look fake and your natural beauty shines through. I have never had a bad experience with Paulina and any time I get my makeup done by her people always stop and ask who did it. Thank you Paulina for making me feel comfortable and making me beautiful each and everytime !!!! You rock :)