Beauty Icon NYC Reviews

Beauty Icon NYC 7
  • Charlene

Charlene Melindo · Married on 09/13/2019

Highly recommend!

Paulina, Liza, and Tatianna were amazing to work, from the trial all the way to the wedding day. Every single person who got their hair and makeup done were in absolute awe of their work and could not stop raving about them. My makeup lasted the whole night, but made sure I had a touch up kit just in case. So easy and fun to work with, I highly highly recommend these wonderful ladies!

Sent on 09/18/2019
  • Bar

Bar · Married on 07/12/2019

Beautiful, soft and chic H&M

Cannot recommend enough! Young but timeless, cool but chic, soft and with a glow! I found Beauty Icon on instagram and was already tired of my search to find makeup artists and hair stylists because many seems old fashioned to me. I was looking for a fun and soft look, something more natural with a glow and was scared to look too done up and not like myself. Paulina and Liz were exactly the artists&stylists I was looking for. They were so pleasant to work with and this is so important during the madness of wedding planning. -They were flexible in their arrival time which made the wedding day flow so much better. -My mom, mother-in-law and granda felt and looked so gorgeous and elegant. -My younger sister looked beautiful, the makeup and products that were used kept her looking fresh and were not heavy at all on her skin. -I had a very specific "natural but with a glow" look I was going for, and Paulina made sure I was loving it every step of the way (giving me the mirror, stopping and making sure I am happy). She put flowers in my hair, and when I looked in the mirror it was just perfect. Thank you so so much!

Sent on 07/18/2019
  • Alyse

Alyse · Married on 07/06/2019

Beautiful hair!

Liz was absolutely great! She created 5 different beautiful hair styles for my wedding day. Not only were her hair styles great, she was so sweet to work with.

Sent on 07/31/2019

maggie · Married on 10/06/2018

Best Vendor I Hired

From the moment I hired Liza from Beauty Icon, I knew I was in good hands. She proved to be more than a hair and makeup artist, it was like I hired a friend! She was supportive and excited, attentive and INCREDIBLY TALENTED. I would recommend her 1,000,000 times. She was my best choice of all my wedding vendors. So happy with her.

Sent on 12/09/2018
  • U

Urszula · Married on 08/25/2018

I got my hair and makeup done with Paulina and I couldn’t have picked a better person to help me pick a hair style and makeup that would go perfectly with the dress. The hairstyling was very professional and soo nice! She did exactly what I wanted, a natural look that made my eyes POP! My hair lasted my all night with the perfect curls!

Sent on 09/27/2018

Dorothy · Married on 08/11/2018

I love Beauty Icon! I have been working with Liz for the past few months preparing for my wedding in Brooklyn NY and it has been an absolute pleasure to work with her. With a busy work schedule, it feels like wedding planning is a 2nd job but with vendors like Liz who are extremely talented, communicative, thoughtful, and professional, it was honestly one of the best decisions I could have made for my wedding day. You will not regret booking any service, from helping you on your wedding day or if you just want to pamper yourself. I will definitely be calling on Liz again in the future!

On my wedding day, Liz and Paulina showed up punctually on time super early in the morning since I had a brunch reception. They knocked it out of the park! With 7 women, they completed everything early for photos and even jumped in last minute to do make up for 2 of my party! Everyone loved their hair and make up

I can't thank Liz and Paulina enough for their awesome work, fun attitudes, and ability to jump in last minute and make it all work! Also, I can't rave about my hair enough...if I could wear that hair everyday I totally would! Thank you so much for everything Liz and Paulina!

Sent on 08/22/2018
    Beauty Icon NYC 8
    Beauty Icon NYC 9
    Beauty Icon NYC 10
    Beauty Icon NYC 11

M · Married on 08/04/2018

I cannot say enough about Paulina’s talent. Im so lucky to have met her. For many years I have needed my makeup done for different occasions and tried so many different artists. I can’t explain how Paulina looks at your face and just knows how to bring out your beauty and enhance it. Whether formal events or makeup for a video shoot and more, I couldn’t be happier with the results. So mac so, that I wish she can do my makeup every morning. If you are truly looking for a talented makeup artist to make you look stunning, you found her!!!! I highly recommend Paulina.

Sent on 09/07/2018

Jasmine · Married on 07/28/2018

Paulina is truly one of a kind. I’m really picky with my hair and makeup but Paulina listened to what I wanted while taking into consideration my face structure. She was patient and kind which is difficult to do when you’re working on a large bridal party. She made the bride feel like a princess on her special day. The end result was better than we could have imagined. I highly recommend her and will use her for all my events! Thank you for everything Paulina!!!!

Sent on 09/21/2018

LINA · Married on 07/16/2018

Very professional & amazing artists! From beginning to end everything was made simple and customized to my satisfaction, needless to say i felt more than happy & satisfied with ny appearance:) Lianne did ny makeup, she was an ANGEL! Quick & super talented , EVERYONE complimented my makeup at my engagement dinner !! Totally recommend beauty icon for any event , super convenient & amazing service !

Sent on 11/28/2017
    Beauty Icon NYC 12

Beauty Icon NYC's reply:

Thank you for your kindest words, Lina! We hope to work with you again some time!
  • O

Olga Chookazian · Married on 07/12/2018

Thank you Liz and Paulina!

Liz and Paulina did hair and makeup for me, my bridesmaids, my mom and mother in law for two events to celebrate my wedding. Everyone looked absolutely stunning, yet totally natural. I am the kind of person who does not think that anyone can do my hair and makeup better than I can do it myself, but as soon as I had my trial with Liz and met Paulina, I knew they would be the perfect team for my two events. They were so easy and fun to have around both days, stayed on schedule, and made everyone look like the best version of themselves. My maid of honor ended up booking them immediately after my wedding for her own wedding later this year!

Sent on 01/25/2019

LEELA · Married on 06/24/2018

Paulina, Liza and the team they work with are amazing! They were referred by my wedding planner and I could not have been more happy with them. They are true professionals and so nice, friendly, and fun to work with and they really understand the look their clients are going for. They listen to feedback, adjust accordingly and really know how to accentuate or compliment your best features. My bridesmaids and I LOVED our hair and makeup, it lasted perfectly throughout the whole evening and we had so much fun getting ready with them.

Sent on 09/07/2018

Elena · Married on 06/03/2018

Usually, I don't use makeup. But Elizabeth Ray could make impossible. She made a very realistic makeup in natural colors. The result is very happy: sturdy, light and very beautiful makeup. And the hairdo has perfectly complemented the image :) She gives herself up to work! It's a pleasure to communicate with her because she's just a wonderful person with a wonderful energy, and her work is just beyond praise)) Immediately feel the many years of her makeup experience.

Sent on 09/13/2018
    Beauty Icon NYC 13
    Beauty Icon NYC 14

Tricia · Married on 05/27/2018

We did a destination wedding in NYC so I wasn't able to do a makeup/hair trial. I was a bit anxious about taking a risk... If only I'd known Paulina wasn't a risk at all! She needed very little information/direction to execute. For my bridal hair and makeup, she only saw a few pictures and we had a brief conversation prior to the event. For my mom, she just had a brief conversation on the day of. Hands down, Paulina was amazing! She did such an awesome job that when I woke up hungover and had to say goodbye to all the guests leaving the next day (all day long) in hair and makeup from the day before, everyone told me how well-rested I looked... Ha! Seriously, her execution was spot-on. Additionally, she was so flexible and easy to work with... and she even took the initiative to change my lip color for the second ceremony (we had two). I was so anxiety-ridden that I hardly paid attention; just let her do her thing, and boy, am I glad I did! I really can't say enough good things about her--she's a consummate professional, and everyone agreed she did an unbelievable job. I'm so grateful for her skill and professionalism!

Sent on 06/11/2018

Juliano · Married on 05/14/2018

Paulina is a super talented makeup artist! I am so happy she was a part of our wedding day. The whole bridal party looked amazing, hair and makeup lasted all night long. Thank you so much for an amazing job! Highly recommend Paulina and can't wait to use her in the future for upcoming special events!

Sent on 09/16/2018
  • O

Olga · Married on 04/27/2018

Beauty Icon NYC - is the company you have to go with if you are looking for make up and hair- stylist professionals!!!
    I had a pleasure to work with them on my wedding shoot! To say i was happy with the results is nothing to say , Please, dont think even twice and make your special event even more special by having this amazing team of professionals by your side!!!

Sent on 06/02/2018
    Beauty Icon NYC 15

Narmin · Married on 04/25/2018

Elizabeth did my wedding hair and makeup, and even though the day was packed and we had to start very early in the morning, she was the first person to inject a lot of positivity into my day. She uses very light touch for makeup and all of her equipment was kept pristine, and the makeup was high quality and didn't cause any breakouts for me (I don't use makeup on a daily basis because 99.9% of brands make me break out). I loved the way my makeup turned out, and she was available throughout the day for any touch ups:) She also did my hairpiece to go with the outfits, and used minimal heat for hair styling.

Sent on 05/28/2018
    Beauty Icon NYC 16
    Beauty Icon NYC 17
    Beauty Icon NYC 18
    Beauty Icon NYC 19
    Beauty Icon NYC 20
    Beauty Icon NYC 21

Polina · Married on 12/15/2017

Thank you so much to very professional and talented Elizabeth for making my wedding day so magical and special. With a lot of patience she did exactly what I was hoping for.
    I will definitely get service from Beauty Icon again for my Birthday look.
    I am still waiting for the pictures from my photographer, so unfortunately can't share it yet.

Sent on 01/07/2018

Jyoti · Married on 10/22/2017

Paulina Allure was my wedding hair stylist. She is fabulous and you can absolutely trust your hair in her hands. She actually listens to your ideas and improves upon it. She is determined to make you look your very best and is very meticulous and detailed with her work. I really appreciate her level of professionalism and talent, and I would absolutely recommend her to everyone. Additionally, she is a kind and wonderful person. So working with her was an absolute pleasure.

Sent on 11/08/2017

Dunya · Married on 10/12/2017

Liz from Beauty Icon NYC did my bridal makeup on October 12, 2017. I found Liz through a friend's referral. Although I contacted Liz a few weeks before the wedding, she was very responsive and flexible to fit me in her schedule at the last minute. I wanted a natural look on my wedding, so Liz and I set up a makeup trial session to make sure that we get the right look. I heard a lot of good reviews about how airbrush is a better choice for bridal makeup and how it holds well till the end of the day. We applied airbrush on the trial session, as well as experimented with different eye makeup looks. Liz was very patient, nice, and helpful in the process of me trying to figure out which look to choose. I am very glad and relieved that we had a trial session because it allowed us to see that airbrush was not the most perfect choice for me because my skin was pretty dry. Liz recommended me to drink more water before the wedding to keep the skin moisturized. In addition, she suggested using a regular foundation instead of airbrush because she thought it would fit my skin better.
    On the wedding day, Liz was able to create the perfect look based on the preferences I made on the makeup trial session. My makeup looked flawless, and I felt great! Liz did a terrific job. Everyone complimented me on my bridal makeup and said that it looked very smooth and natural. The makeup looks great on our wedding pictures, as well.
    I highly recommend Beauty Icon NYC. Liz is very personable, nice, and professional on top of being a great makeup artist. I am going to recommend her to my friends who will be getting married.

Sent on 12/12/2017

Corinna · Married on 09/30/2017

Wouldn’t use anyone else!

Paulina from Beauty Icon NYC has done my makeup for all occasions for over two years now. She is the ONLY person I would trust to say, “just do whatever you think will look good” because she is truly so talented and makes sure to apply a look that accentuates the natural beauty that is unique to an individual. She uses great products, is always timely and professional, and never disappoints with her artistry. If I could do my wedding over again, even though I did like my makeup on the day, I would use her in a heartbeat. Don’t even think twice about whether or not to use this beauty team for your wedding day or any other reason to get beautified, they’re amazing! ❤️

Sent on 12/05/2018

Alexandra · Married on 06/24/2017

Liz provided make-up for myself, my bridesmaids, and my mother/mother-in-law. I couldn’t have been happier with the results, and I know everyone else was equally satisfied. She has a wonderful eye for color, respectfully listens to your requests, and moves throughout the getting-ready period of the day with a calm, collected stress-free attitude. She was on time and ahead of schedule. I would highly recommend her – she’s worth every penny.

Sent on 06/27/2017

Erin · Married on 06/14/2017

Paulina did my hair and makeup for my elopement in NYC. I did not have a trial done and she was able to capture my vision through my Pinterest selections. She took the time until I confirmed I was ready to go!

Sent on 11/20/2017

Leila · Married on 06/03/2017

Great service! It wasn't my wedding (yet)) but very special day so I got my beautiful makeup and hair done by amazing Liza Ray, she was very professional even with the limited time. Totally recommend if you want perfect look for any occasion!

Sent on 06/25/2017

Maria · Married on 04/22/2017

I have worked with Paulina for years modelling for her photoshoots, so when the time came that I was planning my own real wedding, I only asked one person. I was ecstatic when she was able to do it! Even when I changed the location on her at the last minute, she was able to drive out to me and was totally chill about it. The makeup was great, lasted all day through the kissing, mom speeches, snow, and late-night friend reception/pub food. I even kept the eye makeup on through the next day (though she explicitly tells you not to, sorry Paulina it’s just too pretty!)

Sent on 06/28/2017

Elizaveta · Married on 03/16/2017

My wedding day was March 16th. So the first time I met Paulina was the day of the trial a month before the wedding day.
    First of all Paulina is very professional, we talked about all the details and preferences regarding the makeup, also talked about time, venue and even colors that will look great on me. I wear makeup on daily basis but very soft and natural. So my concern was to achieve the look that im still be comfortable wearing, but at the same time not too simple. We all want look good on the pictures ??.
    So the first look on the trial was surprisingly exactly what I was imagining. She also helped me with some recommendations regarding my features, and what would enhance the beauty.
    We agreed on the look and then met on the actual day of wedding.
    I wasn't worried at all, she made me feel very relaxed, I was enjoying the process and coz i already knew she's great!
    My makeup looked AMAZING! I was looking my best! It stayed all day, looked brilliant on pictures!

I highly recommend to have Paulina on your wedding day, if you want someone reliable, super talented and with good energy!

Thanx again for making the most important day of my life so beautiful!

Love xoxo