Beauty By Luna Reviews

Beauty By Luna 5
Beauty By Luna 6
Beauty By Luna 7

Theresa · Married on 09/22/2019

Karen goes out of her way to come to my house and give me exactly what I want. She cuts, colors and styles my hair from the comfort of my own home and I couldn't be happier. She always does a great job and I will never go anywhere else for a haircut

Sent on 10/21/2015

Sarah · Married on 05/03/2019

Amazing Experience

I could not have been happier with my experience! Karen is really easy to talk to and made me feel super comfortable during the trial. She arrived exactly on time at my hotel the morning of the wedding and was ready to go. My makeup and hair looked amazing for my wedding and it didn't need to be touched up the entire night. My bridesmaids all loved their makeup & hair as well! I definitely recommend her!

Sent on 05/30/2019
    Beauty By Luna 8
  • Carolyn

Carolyn Garland · Married on 02/16/2019

Absolutely perfect!

I reached out to Karen shortly before my February wedding and she was amazingly accommodating. On the morning of my wedding it felt like I was getting ready with an old friend, not just the amazingly talented professional that she is. She showed me options, "down or up", "pulled here or here" which helped my "I have no specific idea what I want". My hair looked beautiful (and stayed perfect despite taking lots of pictures outside with some wind), my makeup looked better than I ever expected, and it was an absolute pleasure working with her. I highly, highly recommend!

Sent on 06/13/2019

Diana P · Married on 12/01/2018

Freaking great

I have known karen for many years she is very professional and talented, karen has provided me her services in many occasions she is flexible with timing and goes whatever you need her to go, punctual she has done our hair and make
    Up different times and i have been satisfied with every single one of them specially on my wedding she did all my bridesmaids and flower grils and some unexpected guests lol shes great...

Sent on 12/10/2018
  • Adrienne

Adrienne · Married on 10/27/2018

So happy I found her!

Karen was a joy to work with for my wedding. Her portfolio drew me in, and her professional, prompt, and friendly manner sealed the deal for me! She was very friendly during my hair trials (it took me two trials to decide what I really wanted), and both had lots of ideas for directions to go in, and was very flexible to work in what I pictured.
    She's a masterful hair stylist, I never worried about that - on the day of my wedding, she really came through! I found that the space I had wanted to get ready in was locked, and was left with a small dim corner of a chapel basement. Although I was near tears, Karen set up her near one of the outlets available and worked through obstacles like low overhead pipes, cramped space, and dimness. I and my maids came out with hair that was perfect for us, and it held beautifully all night. I would highly recommend Karen based on her professionalism, enthusiasm, and flexibility!

Sent on 11/12/2018

Jessica Simat · Married on 09/28/2018

Amazing work

Karen does amazing work. She stepped in last second to save the day and the moment I met her, I knew I was in great hands! She listened to my wants and gave me great feedback - I truly valued her professional opinion. If you want to trust in the fact that you’ll have amazing hair on one of the biggest days of your life, hire Karen. ❤️

Sent on 10/27/2018
    Beauty By Luna 9
    Beauty By Luna 10

Kate · Married on 09/22/2018

Karen is amazing at her work! She did my hair and makeup for our wedding. Karen really listens to what you want and helps highlights your natural features. My hair and makeup lasted the whole night and looked great! I would recommend her to anyone looking for beautiful and natural hair and makeup!

Sent on 10/09/2018

Jillian · Married on 09/15/2018

Karen is amazing. She knows how to make you look natural. And it was the perfect. The make-up held through the whole day. I didn't have to re apply. She cares about your opinion and style. She helped me surprise my husband on our rehearsal dinner. Beautiful style she made my hair which is short and fine to have volume and she added a hair piece to make it special. I recommend her to anyone and for my bridesmaids.

Sent on 09/27/2018
    Beauty By Luna 11
    Beauty By Luna 12
  • Diana

Diana · Married on 09/08/2018

Karen was fantastic! Not only did she do the most wonderful job on my hair, she was a life saver at my wedding! I had to make a tough last minute decision (and by last minute I mean a week and a half before my wedding) to cancel the wedding hair services of my long-term stylist as a result of a terrible trial and a last minute significant raise in prices. My makeup artist, Marisa Verdi of Flawless Image Makeup, recommended Karen as they've worked together in the past. I'm so happy she did!

Karen squeezed me in at the last minute even though she had another bride's hair to do later in the day. She also found an assistant that did updo's for 4 of my bridesmaids, my MOH, flower girl and blowouts for 3 family members. Everyone's hair looked fabulous! Karen also made time for us to do a trial literally the weekend before my wedding. I took the train up from the city to Ossining for the trial. I told her I wanted a loose updo with a romantic style and showed her a couple inspiration photos from pinterest. She knew exactly what to do to bring my vision to life! She quickly did two different styles and we decided on a texturized bun, loosely pull back in the front with a couple flyaway curls. She had some hairpieces so we tried the styles with them so I'd know what to order for the wedding.

The day of the wedding Karen and her assistant showed up on time with all their equipment. They quickly set up and got to work. They worked efficiently and brought a calm and professionalism into the environment which was just what my wedding day nerves needed! Karen knew exactly what do with my hair after our trial (I highly recommend doing a trial, even if it is the weekend before your wedding!) and my hair came out perfectly. It also held the whole day and night.

Thank you Karen for being so accommodating and doing such a perfect job!!

Sent on 10/14/2018
    Beauty By Luna 17
    Beauty By Luna 18
    Beauty By Luna 19

Jacqueline · Married on 08/25/2018

Karen did an amazing job on my hair for my wedding. She was timely, professional and made everyone look gorgeous. I had a hard time figuring out exactly what I wanted done for my hair, but knew I wanted it to look soft and natural. Karen figured it all out!

Sent on 08/28/2018

Katie · Married on 08/03/2018

Karen did makeup for my wedding and I would definitely recommend her! She was personable, professional, and successfully managed the day to get 9 women ready in time. Everyone (myself, bridesmaids, mom, mother in law) were happy with their final look, Karen was able to cater to everyone's wants so we all felt we looked like "the best version of ourselves" and not too made up.

Sent on 08/13/2018

Paige · Married on 07/28/2018

Karen and her team did an amazing job for my wedding and I couldn’t be happier with her service! She does exactly what you want and makes you look and feel beautiful! I absolutely recommend her! :)

Sent on 07/23/2018
    Beauty By Luna 20
    Beauty By Luna 21
    Beauty By Luna 22
    Beauty By Luna 23
    Beauty By Luna 24
    Beauty By Luna 25

Angie · Married on 06/23/2018

Karen was perfect! She made me feel completely comfortable for a bride who doesn't wear a lot of make up and wanted a very natural look. She was able to work with my budget and understand exactly what I was going for. I did a trial with her and a week before the wedding I decided to change the look, she was completely understanding and sent me a bunch more pictures that looked more of what I was going for. She arrived promptly the day of and made us feel like she was one of the girls.

Sent on 07/03/2018

Amy · Married on 06/10/2018

I just had my wedding last weekend and my hair and makeup looked so good! Karen was so timely and professional the entire time, and I really enjoyed working with her. Her friendliness and expertise was evident the entire time, even when she was providing her trial services. All of my bridesmaids loved their looks for the wedding, so I'm very impressed at how smoothly the whole process ran! Everything was so wonderful the day of my wedding, and Karen truly made it even better. :)

Sent on 06/16/2018
    Beauty By Luna 26
    Beauty By Luna 27
    Beauty By Luna 28
    Beauty By Luna 29

Megan · event on 06/07/2018

Karen has done my hair and makeup two years in a row now for prom and each time I couldn’t have been happier with the result. Everything she does looks so effortless and flawless and made me feel so amazing!

Sent on 06/12/2018

Ana · Married on 03/24/2018

Karen is a hair magician! She did my hair (and all my sister's) hair for my sister's wedding, and she did a lovely job. We all showed her Pinterest hair inspiration pics and she turned it into real life. Highly recommend!

Sent on 03/28/2018

Katy · Married on 03/24/2018

“Hair magician” and “Hair artist” were just a couple of the ways my bridesmaids described Karen on my wedding day. Karen definitely worked her magic styling hair for me and eight other members of my wedding party. She was flexible and creative, listening to our ideas for hair, but also creating styles that were even better than we imagined. She made styling all different types of hair in such a short period of time look easy. An extra bonus was that the styles stayed in place all night!

Karen's calm and professional demeanor was especially appreciated as the ceremony got closer and I began to get nervous. I couldn't be happier that Karen was able to be a part of my wedding day, and would highly recommend her to anyone who wants to have amazing hair styled by an equally awesome person!

Sent on 03/31/2018

Mary · Married on 01/20/2018

Karen did a fantastic job on my hair. Usually when I have it done, I brush it out! Not this time. She told me she would redo it after she finished if I didn't like-no need! I wish I could take her home with me! Mary

Sent on 01/20/2018

Lauren · Married on 11/05/2017

Karen did my hair and makeup for my wedding in November and she did an AMAZING job! She is really sweet and friendly, which definitely helped to calm my pre-ceremony jitters. I got tons of compliments about how beautiful my hair looked, and she gave me a great natural look with the make-up that made me feel comfortable yet glamorous at the same time. I’ve never felt so beautiful! Hire her and you won’t regret it!!!

Sent on 12/18/2017
    Beauty By Luna 30
    Beauty By Luna 31

Stephanie · Married on 10/31/2017

I hired Karen for my October 2017 wedding. I am not much of a people person, I either like you or I don't and I instantly loved Karen. She is very approchable and attentive. To top it all off she knows what she is doing. Everyone complimented me on my make up and my husband couldn't stop looking at me. I was extremely happy.

Sent on 11/03/2017
    Beauty By Luna 32

Lauren · Married on 10/07/2017

Karen did an absolutely beautiful job on both my hair and makeup for my October wedding. She made me feel so relaxed on my wedding day and was a delight to talk to while I got ready. My hair and makeup up were both very natural and completely suited to my personal tastes and style. I continue to get compliments, and the best part is, I truly felt like the best version of myself. Thank you so much Karen- I can't wait for the opportunity to work with you again!

Sent on 11/19/2017

Amy · Married on 08/26/2017

Recently had my hair and makeup done for a wedding in August in which I was the maid of honor! Karen did an amazing job with both my hair and makeup. I had gone for a trail a few months before the wedding. I originally wanted soft glam waves, but Karen convinced me to change the entire look I was going for based on time of year/dress. I’m so happy she did because it was so hot that day and I absolutely loved my updo!!! It lasted the entire day through the heat as well as my makeup. My face is typically oily and not an ounce of shine all day!!! I will be using her for every future event I go too!
    I highly recommend Karen for any special event or for every day beauty needs! She is an amazing stylist and artist.

Sent on 12/30/2017
    Beauty By Luna 33
  • Latisha

Latisha · Married on 08/18/2017

Amazingly Professional

Working with Karen is absolutely AMAZING. As a wedding planner I have worked with quite a few Make up Artist but working with Karen is exceptional. I have had the liberty and joy of working with Karen twice. She has a deep passion for her work and you can see it. She takes her time, listens and delivers EXACTLY what you want. Her kind personality and sweet nature pulls you in and you can’t help but enjoy your time with her. She ensured our wedding party and Bride was picture PERFECT and ON TIME. I have seen her work with varies skin tones and undertones and she is talented. I can honestly say I’m looking forward to working with Karen again and would highly recommend her!

Sent on 10/16/2018
    Beauty By Luna 40
    Beauty By Luna 41
    Beauty By Luna 42

Allison · Married on 11/19/2016

I hired Karen for my November wedding in Bedford, NY and from the moment we started talking until now, she has been extremely professional and helpful. Loved my hair and make-up the day of my wedding and received many compliments. I would hire Karen all over again. My mother was also very happy with her look. Thank you again!

Sent on 02/09/2017

Karen did such an amazing job on my hair and make up for my wedding October 23rd 2016. She listened to my ideas and went above and beyond to make sure I looked great and felt comfortable. I don't usually wear make up so I was afraid of looking different on my wedding day but I must say the natural look Karen did on me was simply amazing. I have never felt so beautiful, I got compliments non stop that day and until this day.

Sent on 12/29/2016