Beauty by Ferah Uri Reviews

19 Reviews for Beauty by Ferah Uri

19 Beauty by Ferah Uri Reviews
  • X

Xenia · Married on 09/23/2018

After searching far and wide (and dealing with a few last minute cancellations) Ferah came to the rescue with my wedding makeup! She did such a beautiful job on me and my wedding party, and it was delightful to see my vision come to life. My makeup stayed on all night and developed into more of an evening look as the night went on.

Throughout the process, Ferah was very receptive to feedback and made some small, but meaningful adjustments after my trial. It was a pleasure working with someone who takes such great pride in her work and wants to ensure that the final product is perfect. 5 stars!!!

Brittany · Married on 07/22/2018

Ferah was the perfect wedding makeup artist. She was very responsive to all of my emails and questions. She made planning a wedding 2,000 miles away incredibly simple. She was able to fit me in 2 days before our wedding for my makeup trial. She listened to every detail about how I wanted my makeup to look on my wedding day. My fiancé does not like a lot of makeup. Ferah was able to cover up my blemishes and make my makeup look completely natural. My bridesmaids typically don’t wear a lot of makeup either, and they were very pleased with the looks she gave them. Ferah’s prices were very reasonable and she was willing to travel to me for both my wedding day and trial.

robert · Married on 07/15/2018

Ferah and her assistant were AMAZING to work with! She was extremely responsive leading to the day of and answered all of my questions. They showed up on time and were so friendly in person. She took the time to have a private "consultation" with each one of our ladies and really catered their make-up application to their skin type. I would highly recommend to everyone! Her work is great! Her personality is great! You will not be disappointed! She made all of our girls feel and look like royalty!

Kristin · Married on 07/11/2018

Ferah was an absolute delight to work with! She got myself, 3 bridesmaids and my mom ready. She was very patient and informative and really made sure she taylored everyones makeup experience to their skin type and preferences. Every looks beautiful and loved their make up!!

Giselle · Married on 07/08/2018

Ferah listened very carefully to what my daughter & I wanted for her wedding and happily adjusted her work till everything was just perfect. She helped keep the wedding prep fun and relaxed and we were more than happy with the results.

Beauty by Ferah Uri 1

Elysse · Married on 07/08/2018

Ferah was just who I didn't know I needed! I don't ever wear makeup, and with my casual 8-guest wedding I wasn't planning on getting it done. But my mom hired her to do both of our makeup and told me about it later! I was pretty clueless and had no idea what I wanted other than to look like a nicer version of myself, and Ferah did just that. I wasn't looking forward to getting caked in makeup but she has a very light touch. I also wasn't looking forward to spending so much time having to talk to someone who would be right in my face two days in a row (she does a trial run the day before) but she was fun to talk with, open, and put me at ease. My mom wasn't thrilled with the way Ferah did her eyes for the trial run (though three separate people came up to her that night and told her, without any prompting, that her eyes looked amazing) so Ferah modified the look for the wedding day and my mom was thrilled. She gives you a little touch up bag in case you need it (I didn't). Having never had my makeup done I was a little uneasy about the whole process before we started but now I wouldn't hesitate to recommend her to anyone wanting to look fantastic on a special day. And my mom and I look great in all our photos!

Jill · Married on 04/28/2018

Working with Ferah was a major highlight of my wedding planning and wedding day experience. Don't hesitate for a second to reach out to her if you're considering treating yourself to professional makeup on your wedding day. Her prices are fair, and her support is so meaningful. I've always felt really confident doing my own makeup, but anticipated feeling stressed and distracted in the hours before the wedding (that's what I get for not having a full time planner!). I was also hearing bridal horror stories about pasty faces in photos, raccoon eyes, and self-bronzing disasters, and realized the mental relief of having someone in charge of my face when I had professional photographers around was well worth the cost. What I didn't anticipate was how FUN Ferah is! We had an absolute blast during my trial appointment. She gave me so much excellent skincare and product advice ahead of the wedding, and really made a point to do everything possible to help me feel calm and allowed to have "my time" on my wedding day. Truly, the hour I spent in her makeup chair converted me from the stressed-out DIY planner to a giddy bride-to-be. I simply can't thank her enough for how amazing she was, and how gorgeous my makeup looked. I still looked like me, but more glamorous, and the makeup didn't budge at ALL. I didn't even need to use the touch-up kit she gives clients, and that says something, because we got married in the rain and stayed on a hot dance floor for hours. Thank you, Ferah!

Amanda · Married on 09/23/2017

I sincerely loved having Ferah as my makeup artist for my wedding! She was able to accommodate us with just a couple weeks notice and made the process super easy, from beginning to end. Her products are amazing, it held perfectly on my skin at the day of the wedding until the minute I went to bed - plus it left it extra soft for a few days after! She really pampered me and made me feel my best for my big day! Can't say enough!!! She's awesome!

Beauty by Ferah Uri 2
    Beauty by Ferah Uri 3
    Beauty by Ferah Uri 4

Emily · Married on 08/12/2017

Ferah was fantastic! Her work is top rate, all of our looks stayed in place through sun, wind, rain, and hours of dancing. No one in my bridal party (including me) wears much makeup so we were pretty helpless in trying to define what we were looking for. Ferah made it fun and easy and listened carefully to make sure we each got what we wanted. Oh, and did I mention she fit us in with only 2 weeks notice after a woman I was previously booked for had to cancel last minute? I would work with her again anytime!

Megan · Married on 05/27/2017

Ferah was awesome, professional, flexible and kind with my whole wedding party. I particularly appreciated her attention to detail and meeting the needs of my mom, who doesn't typically wear makeup. I loved how she took her time with her work. I would definitely recommend her services.

Sandra · Married on 05/20/2017

Ferah did my makeup for my brother's wedding this past weekend in Orcas Island. I was the first in the wedding party to get it done (at 9a) for an outdoor wedding on what I was told was "the hottest day here so far this year". The wedding was at 4p and it lasted the entire day and night and looked amazing the entire time. Ferah was such a sweetheart and even gave advice I how to do this look on my own.

Merrilee · Married on 10/08/2016

If you have your wedding anywhere on the San Juan Islands or as far as Ferah is willing to go you need to book her immediately. My entire experience was great. Ferah was extremely responsive when I first started talking and emailing her. When we did my trial, I showed her a look that she replicated with perfection. She made all my bridesmaids look beautiful and natural. I couldn't be more happy that she was there on my big day. She made me look perfect and is a joy to work with!

Ferah was amazing! I'm not super comfortable having someone do my makeup (especially my eyes), but she made it easy and kept assuring me that I was doing great! On top of that, she kept getting excited about having the opportunity to do someone with my complexion and was very complimentary - she made me feel beautiful!

Haley · Married on 09/03/2016

Ferah made my wedding day picture perfect! She is so professional and you can see her passion in her work and great appreciation for cosmetics. She made sure to enhance my natural beauty instead of make me look like someone else. Being out of state from where my wedding was, she effectively communicated with me over several email and a trial run to make sure I had the look I wanted for the big day. She made me look like the most beautiful version of myself for the most special day of my life! My husband cried when he saw me if that's any indication of her fabulous work! I would recommend Ferah a thousand time over to anyone who's getting married on the island or has a special event where you want to look your best; she is your girl! Thank you again Ferah for making my wedding so memorable (I can't wait to send you pictures)! :)

Camille · Married on 08/13/2016

Ferah made my wedding perfect from trial makeup to the big day. I had a destination wedding and was blessed to have Ferah on the island to give me tips about the best restaurants and places to go. I would highly recommend using Ferah to anyone that's looking for someone that will make your big day perfect. The best part was that Ferah came to the house we were staying at so I could get ready in a relaxed environment. She did my mother's makeup too and she looked beautiful too. Thank you Ferah for everything.

Amy · Married on 06/03/2016

Makeup stayed perfect all day! It looked perfect even after crying!

Rashmi · Married on 07/18/2015

Ferah was awesome. She was responsive to makeup preferences etc - and went above and beyond to help connect me with other vendors on San Juan Island.

Semra · Married on 05/01/2015

Ferah is probably the most talented person Ive ever known when it comes to make-up! She doesn't just apply make-up; its like shes creating a work of art by time she is done with your face. You still look like you, only an enhanced and much more beautiful you, without all the caking of make-up and weirdness. Also, she listens to you and what you want and somehow always gets it exactly right...its awesome! Her suggestions or on point and you never have to be afraid of what the end result will look like. Weddings are stressful enough and that's the last thing you want to be worrying about. I don't trust a lot of people with my make-up (or my hair for that matter) but with Ferah, I know I can sit back and relax and let her work her magic. I have already referred Ferah to several of my friends for their weddings and I always will! Thank you Ferah!!!!

Jessica · Married on 07/15/2017

Ferah was amazing! She did such a great job on all of us. She adapts really well to eveyones different skin types and wants. Safe to say we all looked gorgeous when she was done!