Beau Catering Reviews

51 Reviews for Beau Catering

• Christina

Christina · Married on 11/10/2019

Best food ever!

Beau and Marissa are a rockstar team. Throughout the planning process, Marissa was genuine and made sure we were informed about our decisions. Beau's personality will charm your guests, but his cuisine will even more! My guests were raving about how amazing their food was. Amazing value for the quality of food we received. Also appreciated their staff, as the bartenders and servers provided were awesome.

Sent on 11/13/2019
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 10/25/2019

Hire beau catering!

Do yourself a favor, and hire Beau Catering for your wedding!! After meeting with Marissa during our initial meeting/tasting, we were sold. She is SO responsive, knowledgable and truly cares about your special day! Having Marissa on-board is almost like having a second planner... she is truly incredible! The food is DELICIOUS and there is so much flexibility with what you can do with the menu! Our guests were raving about how good their meals were and loved the 'Beau Show'! My husband and I love that Beau himself took the time to introduce the menu to our guests - it feels so personal and is so unique. We can't say enough about Beau Catering!!!

Sent on 11/04/2019
  • Jennifer

Jennifer Munoz · Married on 07/20/2019

Best decision we made!

We absolutely loved Beau's Catering. From the first time we met with Marissa and Beau, we were blown away. Not only did they do everything in their power to work within our budget AND make the meal amazing, they were incredible in the planning process. Every question we had was answered! My mother has a severe allergy and they went above and beyond to ensure she could eat everything at the wedding -- they even made her a special tasting dinner and had clearly researched every ingredient before we even decided to go with them. Not only that, they went out of their way to make sure every guest we had with an allergy was not only well fed, but made to feel totally comfortable! The day of the wedding, the staff was incredibly professional and polite. The service was the smoothest I have ever seen! Beau's show introducing the buffet dinner was a huge hit! The food on the day of absolutely blew us away -- it was delicious. All of our guests commented on how great the dinner was, especially the shrimp and grits. I cannot speak highly enough about Beau and Marissa -- they are the best decision we made!

Sent on 08/13/2019
  • Morgan

Morgan · Married on 06/01/2019

More than just food...

We first found Beau Catering at the Forever Bridal show at the NC State Fairgrounds. They were serving a beef tenderloin appetizer that my husband and mother couldn’t stop talking about. They went back for seconds a few times! There ingredients are fresh and they keep the menu gourmet and seasonal. We were excited to learn that they were on our venue’s preferred vendor list, so they were an easy choice. Luckily they were cheaper than a few other caterers we looked into, but that wasn’t shown in the food quality or taste. Marissa was phenomenal. She was very personable and easy to schedule and get along with. She made the process of choosing the menu very easy and gave valuable insight on the “crowd pleasers.” And her recommendations were once again crowd pleasers. When the day came, she made sure everything ran smoothly. Everyone complimented the scallops and the lamb appetizers all night. Marissa made special accommodations for certain guests also, as one guest was vegetarian and another was fasting until sundown. Our vegetarian was please there was an accommodation for her and also made the comment that the vegetarian dish was the best she ever had. Our fasting guest got a hot and fresh meal after sundown and it was brought out right to her. She even made arrangements to serve my husband a caesar salad, which was not on the menu, because he made a remark about that being his favorite. The buffet was set up efficiently so that even the last table to eat didn’t have to wait too long, which was a big concern for us. As the bride and groom we did sit long so we didn’t get to sit and enjoy the food there. But Beau Catering made sure to pack us enough food to take home with us. When we finally sat down after the night was over we got to enjoy some amazing food. They went above and beyond what we expected and we are so happy we went with Beau Catering. All around, Beau Catering did an excellent job and I would recommend them to anyone else.

Sent on 06/07/2019

Beau Catering's reply:

Morgan, thank you so much!! The pleasure was all ours, and please let us know if there is anything else you or your family ever need from us.

Cindy Johnson · Married on 01/19/2019

Exceeded expectations

Beau’s Catering was perfect. The food was delicious, hot, and beautiful. It was not the same ole wedding food we have seen at so many weddings. Many of our guest commented that it was the best wedding food ever. The Beau Show added a special touch.

Sent on 03/20/2019
  • Molly

Molly · Married on 12/01/2018

Best wedding caterers!

It was very important to my husband and I to find a wonderful caterer and that is exactly what we found in Beau Catering! Everything from the tasting, to the Beau show, to the food, to the set up and clean up was flawless! The food was amazing and we are continuously getting compliments on how good the food was at our wedding! So fun to work with as well! Would definitely recommend!

Sent on 07/08/2019
  • Kara

Kara · Married on 11/17/2018

Delicious food and great team to work with!

I HIGHLY recommend Beau's Catering. Beau is so passionate about his work and it really shows through the quality of food. He helped us create a unique, delicious menu that pleased all of our guests! Not only is the food amazing and the menu highly customizable, but their communication and organization leading up to the event kept me stress-free throughout the wedding planning process. Marissa is the catering coordinator, and she is amazing at her job. She was highly responsive leading up to our event, and I knew without any doubts that things would run smoothly and flawlessly with her running the show. The entire team was so easy to work with – from the bartenders, servers, etc. I can't recommend Beau's Catering enough!

Sent on 11/30/2018

Beau Catering's reply:

Thank you so much Kara! It was a pleasure to work with you and your family, and please give your parents a big hug for me.
  • Stephanie

Stephanie Fois · Married on 11/03/2018

Seasonal Food That Will Have You Asking For Seconds

If you are someone who appreciates food you will get along with Beau and Marissa just fine. We really loved Beau’s seasonal use of ingredients and his west coast take on southern food. We are not native to North Carolina but wanted to give a nod to the foods we’ve found ourselves enjoying while we’ve been living here. Beau’s Catering is a great way to do that. Our guests could not stop talking about the butternut squash ravioli and friend green tomatoes with pimento cheese! Another great touch was that Beau was there on the day and very present in the preparing and serving of the food.

The coordinator Marissa, who you’ll be working a lot with, is a god send. She might as well have a degree in wedding planning in addition to her event coordination skills. She is super responsive, has a serious wealth of knowledge and advice, and is super easy to get along with. Her guidance was essential for us from rental consultations to menu building.

Truly this pair is just the best. We can’t wait to eat another one of Beau’s meals!

Sent on 11/18/2018

Beau Catering's reply:

Thank you Stephanie! It was such a pleasure to work with you and Drew, and your wedding was so much fun to facilitate.

Congratulations to you both!!
  • Sarah

Sarah Hill McIntyre · Married on 10/20/2018

Delicious food and wonderful people!

Beau's Catering offers Southern food with a local focus and modern twist. It is absolutely delicious and our guests loved it. For appetizers, we had bacon wrapped scallops, crabcakes, and fried green tomatoes with pimiento cheese on top. For our main buffet, we had shrimp & grits, pecan chicken, sweet potato gratin, roasted brussel sprouts, and a tasty fall salad. Marissa and Beau worked with us to make sure that we also had options for our vegan, vegetarian, and gluten-free guests for no extra expense. Their accommodations meant the world to a couple of our guests who have significant health challenges and have, unfortunately, gotten used to not being able to eat at social events. They were touched and so were we. It made the whole experience of hosting such a big event so much easier.
    Marissa and Beau also made planning itself smooth and easy. They took time to listen to what our vision as a whole was and what our budget was before offering options. They even helped to strategize with us on maximizing our budget. Marissa went with us to look at rentals for things like plates and linens, again suggesting ways to keep us on track and helping us with the order. She even helped us to estimate how much beer and wine we needed to purchase and helped us to finetune the recipes for the signature cocktails we were using.
    On the day of the wedding, the entire Beau team was amazing. As soon as the ceremony finished, I remember seeing Marissa herself carrying a tray of cocktail hour food and drink to us across the property to make sure that we would have a bite and sip before launching into family photos. It was soooo appreciated! While we didn't get to see the "Beau Show" ourselves, our guests loved it -- and also loved the food. We had multiple guests eager to make second and third trips to the buffet!
    Our cake, provided by someone else, actually tipped over during our toasts. Before we even knew what had happened, the Beau team had saved the day, saving the top two layers of cake in their entirety and redecorating with the flowers so we still had something pretty to cut into. At the end of the night, we found two huge bags of food waiting for us in our getaway car. Marissa had made sure to make us two (huge) boxes of food from the buffet as well as a slice of each flavor of cake. It was the perfect meal for the next night before we headed off for our honeymoon.
    From the quality of the food, to the responsive, creative, and kind nature of Marissa, Beau, and the whole staff, we really cannot recommend Beau Catering enough.

Sent on 11/08/2018

Beau Catering's reply:

Sarah, thank you so much for this lovely review! You and Josh were so wonderful to work with, and all the staff loved being surrounded by your family and friends.

Clare · Married on 09/08/2018

Excellent food and service!

Beau Catering (especially Marissa) was extremely easy to work with as we were planning every little detail of our wedding. Marissa helped not only with planning the menu, but also with logistics for the entire day. We cannot thank her enough for all her hard work to make the day and food absolutely perfect. Beau cooked up a creative, delicious meal that at least 10 different guests told me, "That was the best food I've ever eaten at a wedding." Highly recommend Beau Catering for your wedding!

Sent on 01/05/2019
  • Cassidy

Cassidy · Married on 09/01/2018

Beau and his team are phenomenal!! I cannot imagine not having them as a part of our wedding!! Marissa is so on top of everything and will assure that you have the menu perfectly, and the food is incredible!! My guests were eating food faster than it could be replenished because they enjoyed it so much. Their food is fresh, locally sourced, and Beau and his team cook onsite! I highly recommend Beau’s catering!

Sent on 09/19/2018

Karen · Married on 08/26/2018

Beau and Marissa were such an amazing catering team! So many guests at our wedding said it was the best food they had ever had at a reception, and we saw numerous guests returning to the buffet for seconds and thirds. Marissa was incredibly helpful during the whole planning process, and they were both especially considerate in planning for our guests' allergies and dietary restrictions. When we were having trouble deciding on a starch side that would work for everyone, Beau ended up creating a quinoa salad that everyone raved about. Beau was so down-to-earth and personable, and I really appreciated Marissa's help with rentals and day-of logistics for the reception. We couldn't have asked for a better catering experience for our wedding!

Sent on 08/31/2018

Ashleigh · Married on 06/16/2018

I literally cannot fit all of how I feel about the Beau Catering staff into one tiny review. I could rave about the food and the staff for hours. Marissa worked closely and patiently with my husband and I to answer all of our questions, to make sure our menu met our dietary restrictions — as well as rhose of a few of our guests — and coordinated seamlessly with our other vendors. I can’t imagine working with any other catering company to put together any event.

Sent on 06/25/2018
  • Alexia

Alexia · Married on 06/02/2018

First off, can I just say… yum! Beau Catering is the most delicious, affordable and friendly catering company you’ll find in this area!

We worked closely with Marissa at Beau Catering and were thrilled with her level of detail and expertise! Beyond helping us plan a seriously amazing menu for our wedding day, she worked closely with our wedding planner to nail down timing and details, and she even helped bridesmaids avoid puddles on their way to the ceremony (ha!)… she does it all!

Marissa and Beau were so incredibly flexible with us, making changes to the menu and meal packages with our best interests in mind. They wanted us to be truly happy with everything – and we were!

The appetizers were delicious (hello chicken and waffles) and the staff made sure my husband and I were able to eat during cocktail hour. For our plated meal, the Beau Catering team knocked it out of the park with an heirloom caprese salad, salmon, filet of beef and wonderful sides. The wait staff was attentive and kind!

They even packaged up some yummy leftovers for us to enjoy after the wedding, which was very much appreciated.

Thanks Beau, Marissa and team!

Sent on 06/20/2018

Beau Catering's reply:

Thank you so much Alexia! It was such a pleasure to work with you and your family!!
  • Kristi

Kristi · Married on 06/02/2018

Best Breakfast EVER

I had the chance of working with Beau Catering for my bridesmaid's luncheon, which was also a styled photography shoot. I had heard great things, and was definitely impressed. They had light but delectable options to munch on while we talked, and then there was a live omelette station. Beau came out and introduced himself and gave the "Beau Show" where he talked about the food and where it was all from. He was very passionate and you could tell he loved what he did ~ which makes such a difference! I would highly recommend Beau Catering for any of your event needs. I'm sad to say my omelettes and breakfast potatoes are not even close to as good as theirs were. Currently drooling trying to find another opportunity to work with Beau!

Sent on 12/04/2018

pamela · Married on 04/28/2018

I CANNOT say enough good things about the entire Beau team!

Marissa was on the ball working with us before the wedding - she had every single detail nailed down and was worked with the rentals company to confirm we would have everything we needed. She helped us coordinate the menu items that we would serve which turned out to be phenomenal! She even let me pick which type of little food label placards I wanted to be part of the buffet display! (They had all types of styles)

Day of, the best part about working with the Beau team was how genuinely happy they were to be there - From the bartenders, to the crew grilling the food outside the venue before it all began. I got to chat personally with everyone who were all SO sweet and sincerely happy to be a part of my special day! We evaluated a LOT of caterers, and picked Beau because we loved the 'personal' feeling we got from as opposed to the bigger catering companies we looked at -
    They made signature cocktails for us to have at cocktail hour, and served the alcohol that we provided.
    All of our guests loved that Beau was there and came out before the dinner to do a toast, and talk about what would be served! THIS WAS SO COOL!!!!!!

The team helped us package up individual pop tarts that we had brought for our end-of-night snack, into little baggies and, put out all of the desserts that we had brought ourselves!

They personally served us dinner, which WE BOTH got to eat while our guests visited the buffet - we got bread, champagne, a plate full of appetizers from our cocktail hour incase we hadn't gotten to try any, and samplings of all of the items on our buffet line!
    They also packed us SO MANY to-go boxes of leftover food to take home with us.

I cannot say enough positive things. I really do hope that anyone reading this goes with Beau - I'm sure that any the other caterers we looked at would have been great, but the personal touches that the Beau team added were over the top!

Sent on 05/01/2018

Jenny · Married on 03/17/2018

Beau Catering was probably our #1 vendor to work with. We had such a great time at our individual tasting with Beau and Marissa. It really felt so much personal than the other tasting we attended which probably had 300 people in attendance. Throughout the planning process Marissa served as almost a wedding planner, assisting with wine and beer selection, attending our rentals meeting, and our final walkthrough of the venue. The food on the day of was outstanding and we were blown away!

Sent on 04/08/2018

Sarah · Married on 01/06/2018

The Beau Show! One of our best choices through out our wedding planning was hiring Beau Catering. We connected with Marissa the moment we met, she is so enthusiastic and is devoted to making your dining vision come true. Our tasting sealed the deal! Marissa met with us multiple times to pick correct rentals, refine menu, and help us with bar selections. Her help made the process easy and stress free. Our wedding menu reflected our personal favorites which made the night that much more special. From the chicken and waffle appetizers to the Mac and cheese bar for a late night snack, everyone raved! A favorite moment was when Beau came out and introduced himself and the courses he had prepared for our guests. This was a first for many at our reception. The food was delicious, bar tenders were gracious and service impeccable! Beau Catering was an integral part in making our wedding reception most memorable.

Sent on 02/14/2018

Taylor · Married on 12/16/2017

I can not say enough great things about Beau and Marissa at Beau Catering. From the very beginning they both were very aware of what my husband and I were looking for and helped deliver on our dream of having a fancy plated dinner with delicious passed appetizers during the cocktail hour. Beau does the best introduction called The Beau Show before the meal to let everyone know about the courses they are about to have and showcase all the fresh local ingredients used! If I could eat the butternut squash ravioli every day of my life, I would not be the least bit upset!

Sent on 02/01/2018

Ali · Married on 11/03/2017

We chose Beau's catering for our wedding last weekend and it was absolutely amazing! Marissa, the coordinator, was helpful from the first time I met her. She sat with us through the tasting answering every question, met me at our rental meeting with a full list of everything I would need, and helped the night run perfectly! She was quick to respond to any call or email and always willing to help when she could. The food was amazing from the appetizers to the main course! The Beau show was the hit of the night with Beau, the head chef, came out before service and introduced our whole menu, all our guests raved about this detail that they've never seen at a wedding before! The staff and service from clearing plates to the bartenders were so helpful and kept my wedding elegant and professional! They were a vital part to making everything run smoothly on our wedding day! Thanks again!

Sent on 11/08/2017

Beau Catering's reply:

Aw, Ali thank you so much for this kind review! We all wish you and Kael all the best, and it was a pleasure working with you too.

Craig · Married on 10/14/2017

Beau recently catered our wedding this past weekend and everything was absolutely fantastic. The food was fabulous, and the service even better. Beau and staff made sure both my wife and I had appetizers before the reception and brought us our wonderful dinners to make sure we ate during all the festivities.

During the entire wedding planning process, Marissa from Beaus Catering was so attentive and made sure we had everything we needed.

If you're planning a wedding or any catered event book Beaus!

Sent on 10/17/2017

Liz · Married on 09/30/2017

We cannot express how much we loved working with Beau's Catering for our wedding. They did my sister's wedding in 2013 and I was hoping I'd be able to use them for mine. Thankfully we were able to. Beau was fun, engaging and his food is out of this world. Marissa was so organized and helpful. She truly allowed us to create our dream menu. Our guests could not say enough good things about the food and we agree! In addition, the staff of Beau's catering went above and beyond by helping other vendors with tasks they needed to complete. They are truly a dream caterer and a dream wedding team member!

Sent on 11/08/2017

Cherie · Married on 09/02/2017

We attended a tasting here a year ago and hired them for to cater our wedding and rehearsal dinner last Saturday. In two words, Just, wow! I absolutely love Beau and his staff. Marissa made it all come together. This team was so easy to work with. We did two entirely different menus for wedding and rehearsal dinner. His style is southern cooking with Northern California influence. They were so accommodating and the food was out of this world good. Beau has a super creative vision for food and is willing to change it up to fit your needs. People are still raving over the food. This was money well spent.

Sent on 09/10/2017

Cassie · Married on 06/24/2017

We enjoyed all of our interactions with Beau Catering last year, whether that was the initial tasting where Beau personally explained our options while we ate the sample menu he had prepared, the prompt and thorough email communications with Marissa, or the day of our wedding. It rained (a lot!) during our ceremony, and when we went outside to take pictures after it had stopped, we saw the catering team had worked hard through the rain underneath tents and everything still came out perfectly! All of our food was delicious, and they packed to go boxes for us to eat later. Our greatest regret is that we did not make time to eat the cocktail hour apps :) - no fault of theirs!

Sent on 06/24/2018

Erin · Married on 04/22/2017

Do yourself a favor and hire Beaus team now! Best decision I made during the planning process. Marissa and Lauren are truely talented at logistics for your day. They really think of EVERYTHING and know how to help plan an awesome event and food service. I had an unconventional wedding and they rolled with it- helping to coordinate with a food truck, rain plan, did bartending, etc. All my guests kept saying how great they were!! They are so thoughtful and experienced- you will be so glad they're on your team! My wedding coordinator was so excited I booked them because they are so great to work with. I can't say enough about how much they added to my wedding day experience and the planning process.

Sent on 05/13/2017