BearFly Designs, LLC Reviews

26 | New Lebanon, NY

26 Reviews for BearFly Designs, LLC

26 BearFly Designs, LLC Reviews

julianne · Married on 09/22/2018

With all the Vendors our wedding planner and my husband and I
    coordinated for my son and his new Brides lovely and rustic farm wedding in Rhinebeck, Hudson Valley, I cannot express the compete and exceptional addition of BearFly Designs lighting Co. Truly, the icing on the cake for beauty and the wow factor for rustic elegance. John Carver Rita and his superb team of literally Broadway experienced professional lighting staff took our farm setting and turned it into a 5 star event. Not only was John knowledgeable, easy going, reliable and brilliant to work with, his ideas completely transformed our Barn and large tent into a magical setting. Prices are economical and his organization was perfect , from conception of lighting ideas to execution of the exceptional evening. Three glorious and rustic chandeliers in the tent, bistro lighting strung beautifully in tent, Lighting Displayed professionally in our large barn, lantern lighting along the parts to restrooms..not too mention Johns talent to maintain a slide show, via computer , of our bride and groom and family photos , on the silo! Not one worry or concern for me or my spouse, who were hosting the wedding event. You will truly be getting the best there is in lighting venues if you use BearFly Designs. They provided on sight support the entire event, set up several days before, and trouble shooted any electrical questions during caterer set up. I will post pictures very soon.
    Julianne Kavoussi

• Z

Zack · Married on 09/15/2018

John and BearFly Designs were incredible. They literally saved our wedding. We had an outdoor reception and had to figure out lighting 18 days prior to the date due to unforeseen circumstances. John and his team approached the whole process with the utmost professionalism. He jumped right in, answering questions about power and generator needs, how to run it outdoors, and proposed lighting changes throughout the night to better accentuate different elements of our wedding. They worked late into the night the day before and were the first ones there the day-of. They were communicative about what they needed and their timeline of the day. They were always available for a text or a call to answer questions or assuage last minute fear about weather concerns. For our budget, they went above and beyond, making it look like we paid double what we did.

John and BearFly Designs are the best! If you need lighting in the Catskills, they're your people.

BearFly Designs, LLC 1

Eleni · Married on 08/25/2018

John and the rest of the Bearfly Design crew were so amazing. We met John at our venue in the Hudson Valley and from the beginning of our experience with Bearfly, he was so creative and generous. Our venue gets very dark once the sun sets and John made the place looking magical once it fell dark with all of his tasteful lighting. He also provided the most stunning center hanging chandelier in the sailcloth tent that people are still talking about. We are so appreciative of all they did for our big day. Your work is beautiful and we can't thank you enough for being part of our wedding!

Jen · Married on 06/02/2018

BearFly Designs is an amazing company. John and Rita create every event they design with love in mind. The best interest of their client, the couple getting married, is their top priority. We came to John with a few designs in mind, but no clear vision, and he helped us get to our dream designs for our wedding and reception. He was supportive in more ways than one, in that he was also our officiant; it was an honor to have him standing there with us as we started our married life together. The attention to detail while still designing with the grounds of the wedding in mind is what really makes BearFly truly special.

BearFly Designs, LLC 2
    BearFly Designs, LLC 3
    BearFly Designs, LLC 4
    BearFly Designs, LLC 5
    BearFly Designs, LLC 6

Jordana · Married on 05/27/2018

Easy to communicate with, reliable, and passionate about their work. John took my vision and offered suggestions I would never have thought of to make it a reality. He took care of absolutely everything and was the only vendor at our wedding that I didn’t have to worry about at all!

BearFly Designs, LLC 7

Abby · Married on 05/26/2018

BearFly Designs was unbelievable! They truly made our barn reception absolutely magical. From start to finish, John was so incredibly responsive and supportive- he had so many amazing ideas, and walked through the entire night with us. He made me feel at such ease throughout the whole process. He also meet with us at the venue multiple times before the wedding to make sure we had everything worked out beforehand! Thank you so much, BearFly! You all are AMAZING at what you do, and I hope to be able to use your expertise in the future! Best, Abby and Mark

Jacob · Married on 09/30/2017

Bearfly is awesome! We had an amazing experience working with John to plan and realize the wedding setting of our dreams. Everything looked wonderful. He incorporated all sorts of small details that we hadn't even thought of and looked great. When he was setting up the day before the event, he had a design epiphany to make some changes to tie in more naturally with the setting and some of our other rentals. We loved the idea, and he put in a lot of extra effort to make it happen at no additional cost. He is also a really kind and thoughtful person, and gave me a few words of wisdom while I struggled to write my vows the day before. Definitely book Bearfly before someone else does!

Rachel · Married on 09/09/2017

Barefly was AMAZING to work with. John was so generous with the time he put into making our wedding so perfect. He was always available to chat with me on the phone, meet me at the venue for multiple walk through and answer my emails in a timely manner. He was an excellent listener, totally understood my vision and executed it perfectly. He contributed great ideas as well. I was a little nervous bringing my New York City friends to the Berkshires for the wedding- I wanted to make sure everything was up to my expectations, and wow, Barefuly totally exceeded them! I really have nothing bad to say about Barefly. I would HIGHLY recommend working with them.

BearFly Designs, LLC 8
    BearFly Designs, LLC 9

Joshua · Married on 09/03/2017

Hire BearFly designs for your event–seriously the best out there!
    When we couldn't find a lighting vendor that would work within our budget, we almost gave up, and then we found John. John was the very best vendor we found–not only did he do a masterful job lighting our tent for our wedding, including hanging chandeliers, but he worked within our budget as well.
    He was such a professional from day one, and just brought us so much joy. He understood our vision, and took the time to talk to us about all the details. He went above and beyond and did an incredible job. But most importantly he put us at ease and always reminded us to focus on our love for each other. We are a gay couple, and that even made it more special to have this wonderful guy talk about our relationship in such an encouraging and loving way. This is a man who loves what he does, and it shows.
    Also, he found us our wedding planner for our month of planning who was just outstanding. Seriously–the best decision ever. Look no further–you will be so happy you went with BearFly.

Erin · Married on 09/02/2017

John and his team did an excellent job with the lighting at my reception. Everything was perfect and the ambiance they created was exactly what we wanted. In addition, John was very easy to work with and met with us several times before our wedding day.

Stephanie · Married on 08/05/2017

I cannot say enough good things about my experience with BearFly! I worked primarily with John and Rita who were both incredibly kind, creative and professional. John and Rita did a site visit well ahead of my wedding party and came up with so many ideas on the spot that blew me away. When they brought our vision to life on the day of, I was completely in awe! They transformed my in-laws' backyard into a magical oasis. It was truly a joy to work with BearFly! Thank you for making our day absolutely stunning and stress free!

Jessica · Married on 05/21/2016

Book Bearfly Designs immediately! They are the best. So accommodating and amazing selection. We always refer our clients to John because no one compares!

Lauren · Married on 09/19/2015

I don't think I have many words for John from Bearfly besides, Amazing! I had my wedding reception in a barn with minimal lighting. Throughout the planning process I thought for sure we would figure out a way to do the lighting ourselves and not have to hire a vendor. Clearly, I was wrong and a month before my wedding I went into full panic mode over the lighting. Thankfully my caterer was able to get some references for me and I came across John. All I said when we met at my venue was 'I want to feature the natural beauty of the space'. And the rest was history. The lighting was subtle but impactful and caught every detail perfectly. John also was on premise all night during the reception to adjust the lighting as needed. Brighter during dinner and light up the dance floor after dinner. It was seamless!
    I was so happy with the work John did and he was so attentive to our every need, even at such last minute. I highly recommend him for all of your lighting and event needs!!!! Thank you so much John!!

LAUREN · Married on 09/06/2015

John was absolutely amazing! He was thorough in his work. He was sweet and attentive and lit up the night :) I would 100% recommend John, he is just wonderful! THANK YOU!

Rebecca · Married on 09/05/2015

Not only did I have an amazing ingeniously talented Cinematographer executing my dream Wedding for the day but I gained a very good friend- John Carver of Bearfly Designs- met all my expectations and basically read my mind down to each and every detail. He's truly wonderful to work with and throughout the planning process. I wish I could attach images to this comment box because they are magnificent! Bearfly Design gets a BIG TWO THUMBS UP!

John was an absolute pleasure to work with for our wedding! He took the time to meet with us at the venue and talk through ideas (at various points in the wedding planning process) and his expertise went beyond that of just lighting--he was there to help with all types of questions/issues and never complained once about it! He was truly great to work with because he truly wants to be there to help. He also did a phenomenal job with the lighting and people are still talking about it! We got married in a beautiful barn, that is gorgeous all on its own, but John was able to light it so that it became even more magical.

Jessica · Married on 06/27/2015

John's drappery and lighting were just stunning. The decor made or barn wedding feel so elegant and chic at the same. John was so easy to work with and provided superb service. We were so pleased with his services and would highly recommend Bear Fly designs.

Jessica · Married on 02/14/2015

We used John for lighting at our ceremony and reception. He was extremely flexible with us on the package - what to include and at what price - so that we could stay within our budget. He also was kind enough to drive through an ice storm (!!!) for our initial meeting - and in general, he understood how stressed and pressed for time we were leading up to the wedding, which really made him easy to work with.

When I compare my pictures to pictures of others from the same venue, the lighting makes a huge difference in getting that "perfect" shot of the first dance, walking down the aisle, our ceremony, etc. John also went "above and beyond" to set up a backdrop for our ceremony space - we discussed it, but ultimately could not afford the extra cost. He had extra time/materials during setup and just did it because he is nice guy and a professional that clearly enjoys his work.

In summary, John cared - he seemed to want to make the day as beautiful as possible, not just deliver on a job. Cannot recommend him highly enough.

Daniel · Married on 11/01/2014

John at Bearfly was such an essential part to our big night. He took a raw space that had literally nothing and created a light scheme. Ran drapes and curtains (per our request) to keep our guest from being able to see the reception room (our big reveal!), and basically took all of my wife and my anxiety about the presentation of our wedding on his shoulders and made magic out of it. I would highly recommend him. His professionalism & calmness was a very welcomed part to our wedding planning.

Kate · Married on 08/24/2013

John at BearFly did the lighting for my wedding on 8/24/13. He's not only the best at what he does, but he is a great guy; professional, knowledgeable and full of great ideas. He listens to exactly what you want, no matter how big or small your budget is, and delivers your vision in spades.. John and the team at BearFly transformed our venue into something magical and I can't recommend them highly enough.

Michelle · Married on 09/05/2010

John Carver provided outstanding service that made our wedding truly special. Everything about working with John was perfect -- he transformed an old barn into a magical wedding venue with the utmost professionalism, care, and attention to detail. In addition to providing the lighting, he took responsibility for making the whole event run smoothly, and worked well with all vendors. John wasn't cheap but he was worth every penny. Anyone who is lucky enough to work with Bearfly will not be disappointed!

Erica · Married on 07/31/2010

John Carver and his team are AMAZING! First they are so nice, polite and professional. What they can do technically with lighting and draping is phenominal. I highly recommend them! They transformed the Syracuse Oncenter to something that people are still talking about today. It was a total transformation. They even rigged up an elaborate, theatrical curtain opening to our reception's "after party" and nobody knew that there was a whole other room behind where we ate dinner. It was incredible. I highly recommend Bearfly!

• SarahnJames2010Apr17

Sarah · Married on 04/03/2010

John Carver works magic with lighting and I couldn't wait to walk into our reception room to see how the lighting set the mood for our wedding. I specifically wanted lighting to enhance the focal points of the room especially the gorgeous flower arrangements! I'm a floral designer and planner and I knew that lighting is key to really adding drama and focus to areas that demand attention. I also loved the color wash along the cathedral ceilings and the water effect over the mantle to add something a little unexpected to the space as guests walked in to a very chic cocktail reception. John took my vision and went above and beyond - and he's a true pleasure to work with! He's very friendly, personable and I can't thank him enough for all his expertise and attention to detail in coordinating the lighting with our floral and decor visions.

Paula · event on: 09/22/2017

I hired John Carver to work with me on lighting design and production for an evening cocktail party and launch of my event planning business. From the minute we began discussing the possibilities, I could see that his creative vision and technological knowledge were exactly what I needed to transform my space. The end result was magical and John's efforts very much appreciated.

3.5

Bearfly added a beautiful ambiance to our event. They were reliable & trustworthy and we didn't even have to think about it after contracting them.