21 Reviews for BearFly Designs, LLC

Chalkboards (1)
Signage (1)
Trinkets (1)
Vases (1)

Easy to communicate with, reliable, and passionate about their work. John took my vision and offered suggestions I would never have thought of to make it a reality. He took care of absolutely everything and was the only vendor at our wedding that I didn’t have to worry about at all!

Profile Picture Jordana, 5/27/18, 1 Review
Category: Lighting & Decor

Bearfly is awesome! We had an amazing experience working with John to plan and realize the wedding setting of our dreams. Everything looked wonderful. He incorporated all sorts of small details that we hadn't even thought of and looked great. When he was setting up the day before the event, he had a design epiphany to make some changes to tie in more naturally with the setting and some of our other rentals. We loved the idea, and he put in a lot of extra effort to make it happen at no additional cost. He is also a really kind and thoughtful person, and gave me a few words of wisdom while I struggled to write my vows the day before. Definitely book Bearfly before someone else does!

Profile Picture Jacob, 9/30/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Lighting & Decor

Barefly was AMAZING to work with. John was so generous with the time he put into making our wedding so perfect. He was always available to chat with me on the phone, meet me at the venue for multiple walk through and answer my emails in a timely manner. He was an excellent listener, totally understood my vision and executed it perfectly. He contributed great ideas as well. I was a little nervous bringing my New York City friends to the Berkshires for the wedding- I wanted to make sure everything was up to my expectations, and wow, Barefuly totally exceeded them! I really have nothing bad to say about Barefly. I would HIGHLY recommend working with them.

Profile Picture Rachel, 9/9/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Lighting & Decor

Hire BearFly designs for your event–seriously the best out there!
When we couldn't find a lighting vendor that would work within our budget, we almost gave up, and then we found John. John was the very best vendor we found–not only did he do a masterful job lighting our tent for our wedding, including hanging chandeliers, but he worked within our budget as well.
He was such a professional from day one, and just brought us so much joy. He understood our vision, and took the time to talk to us about all the details. He went above and beyond and did an incredible job. But most importantly he put us at ease and always reminded us to focus on our love for each other. We are a gay couple, and that even made it more special to have this wonderful guy talk about our relationship in such an encouraging and loving way. This is a man who loves what he does, and it shows.
Also, he found us our wedding planner for our month of planning who was just outstanding. Seriously–the best decision ever. Look no further–you will be so happy you went with BearFly.

Profile Picture Joshua, 9/3/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Lighting & Decor

John and his team did an excellent job with the lighting at my reception. Everything was perfect and the ambiance they created was exactly what we wanted. In addition, John was very easy to work with and met with us several times before our wedding day.

Profile Picture Erin, 9/2/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Drapery, Event Design, Setup, Accent, Chandeliers, Dance Floor, Hanging Decor, Outdoor, Uplighting

I cannot say enough good things about my experience with BearFly! I worked primarily with John and Rita who were both incredibly kind, creative and professional. John and Rita did a site visit well ahead of my wedding party and came up with so many ideas on the spot that blew me away. When they brought our vision to life on the day of, I was completely in awe! They transformed my in-laws' backyard into a magical oasis. It was truly a joy to work with BearFly! Thank you for making our day absolutely stunning and stress free!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 8/5/17, 1 Review
Category: Lighting & Decor

Book Bearfly Designs immediately! They are the best. So accommodating and amazing selection. We always refer our clients to John because no one compares!

Profile Picture Jessica, 5/21/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Lighting & Decor

I don't think I have many words for John from Bearfly besides, Amazing! I had my wedding reception in a barn with minimal lighting. Throughout the planning process I thought for sure we would figure out a way to do the lighting ourselves and not have to hire a vendor. Clearly, I was wrong and a month before my wedding I went into full panic mode over the lighting. Thankfully my caterer was able to get some references for me and I came across John. All I said when we met at my venue was 'I want to feature the natural beauty of the space'. And the rest was history. The lighting was subtle but impactful and caught every detail perfectly. John also was on premise all night during the reception to adjust the lighting as needed. Brighter during dinner and light up the dance floor after dinner. It was seamless!
I was so happy with the work John did and he was so attentive to our every need, even at such last minute. I highly recommend him for all of your lighting and event needs!!!! Thank you so much John!!

Profile Picture Lauren, 9/19/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Lighting & Decor

John was absolutely amazing! He was thorough in his work. He was sweet and attentive and lit up the night :) I would 100% recommend John, he is just wonderful! THANK YOU!

Profile Picture LAUREN, 9/6/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Lighting & Decor

Not only did I have an amazing ingeniously talented Cinematographer executing my dream Wedding for the day but I gained a very good friend- John Carver of Bearfly Designs- met all my expectations and basically read my mind down to each and every detail. He's truly wonderful to work with and throughout the planning process. I wish I could attach images to this comment box because they are magnificent! Bearfly Design gets a BIG TWO THUMBS UP!

Profile Picture Rebecca, 9/5/15, 1 Review
Category: Lighting & Decor

John was an absolute pleasure to work with for our wedding! He took the time to meet with us at the venue and talk through ideas (at various points in the wedding planning process) and his expertise went beyond that of just lighting--he was there to help with all types of questions/issues and never complained once about it! He was truly great to work with because he truly wants to be there to help. He also did a phenomenal job with the lighting and people are still talking about it! We got married in a beautiful barn, that is gorgeous all on its own, but John was able to light it so that it became even more magical.

Profile Picture User4336185, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Lighting & Decor

John's drappery and lighting were just stunning. The decor made or barn wedding feel so elegant and chic at the same. John was so easy to work with and provided superb service. We were so pleased with his services and would highly recommend Bear Fly designs.

Profile Picture Jessica, 6/27/15, 1 Review
Category: Lighting & Decor

We used John for lighting at our ceremony and reception. He was extremely flexible with us on the package - what to include and at what price - so that we could stay within our budget. He also was kind enough to drive through an ice storm (!!!) for our initial meeting - and in general, he understood how stressed and pressed for time we were leading up to the wedding, which really made him easy to work with.

When I compare my pictures to pictures of others from the same venue, the lighting makes a huge difference in getting that "perfect" shot of the first dance, walking down the aisle, our ceremony, etc. John also went "above and beyond" to set up a backdrop for our ceremony space - we discussed it, but ultimately could not afford the extra cost. He had extra time/materials during setup and just did it because he is nice guy and a professional that clearly enjoys his work.

In summary, John cared - he seemed to want to make the day as beautiful as possible, not just deliver on a job. Cannot recommend him highly enough.

Profile Picture Jessica, 2/14/15, 1 Review
Category: Lighting & Decor

John at Bearfly was such an essential part to our big night. He took a raw space that had literally nothing and created a light scheme. Ran drapes and curtains (per our request) to keep our guest from being able to see the reception room (our big reveal!), and basically took all of my wife and my anxiety about the presentation of our wedding on his shoulders and made magic out of it. I would highly recommend him. His professionalism & calmness was a very welcomed part to our wedding planning.

Profile Picture Daniel, 11/1/14, 1 Review
Category: Lighting & Decor

John at BearFly did the lighting for my wedding on 8/24/13. He's not only the best at what he does, but he is a great guy; professional, knowledgeable and full of great ideas. He listens to exactly what you want, no matter how big or small your budget is, and delivers your vision in spades.. John and the team at BearFly transformed our venue into something magical and I can't recommend them highly enough.

Profile Picture Kate , 8/24/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

John Carver provided outstanding service that made our wedding truly special. Everything about working with John was perfect -- he transformed an old barn into a magical wedding venue with the utmost professionalism, care, and attention to detail. In addition to providing the lighting, he took responsibility for making the whole event run smoothly, and worked well with all vendors. John wasn't cheap but he was worth every penny. Anyone who is lucky enough to work with Bearfly will not be disappointed!

Profile Picture Michelle, 9/5/10, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

John Carver and his team are AMAZING! First they are so nice, polite and professional. What they can do technically with lighting and draping is phenominal. I highly recommend them! They transformed the Syracuse Oncenter to something that people are still talking about today. It was a total transformation. They even rigged up an elaborate, theatrical curtain opening to our reception's "after party" and nobody knew that there was a whole other room behind where we ate dinner. It was incredible. I highly recommend Bearfly!

Profile Picture Erica, 7/31/10, 5 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

John Carver works magic with lighting and I couldn't wait to walk into our reception room to see how the lighting set the mood for our wedding. I specifically wanted lighting to enhance the focal points of the room especially the gorgeous flower arrangements! I'm a floral designer and planner and I knew that lighting is key to really adding drama and focus to areas that demand attention. I also loved the color wash along the cathedral ceilings and the water effect over the mantle to add something a little unexpected to the space as guests walked in to a very chic cocktail reception. John took my vision and went above and beyond - and he's a true pleasure to work with! He's very friendly, personable and I can't thank him enough for all his expertise and attention to detail in coordinating the lighting with our floral and decor visions.

Profile Picture User788114, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
4.7

Bearfly added a beautiful ambiance to our event. They were reliable & trustworthy and we didn't even have to think about it after contracting them.

Profile Picture Elissa, 9/19/15, 2 Reviews