Bearfight Reviews

Bearfight 7
  • Kelly

Kelly · Married on 10/20/2018

EPIC!!!!!!

Where to even start… BOOK THIS BAND ASAP. Trust me when I say, you DO NOT want to miss out on having Bearfight play at your wedding. Look no further. Bearfight IS IT. They are the MOST EPIC wedding band I have or WILL EVER see, and I’m beyond thankful I found them. I came across them because I was telling my MOH that I didn’t want a traditional (and in my opinion, overpriced, overrated) wedding band. I wanted a really awesome rock band that could play a range of music (80s, 90s, 2000s, rock, pop, country, etc.). One that could read and engage the crowd, and that would have everyone on the dancefloor. Enter, Bearfight. My MOH had seen then out in bars in Boston and dubbed them her favorite band she’s seen live. So fast forward a bit and I hired them, and well let’s just say it was the easiest and best decision I made during our planning process. I was on stage 4x during our wedding. Several other people ended up on stage as well. Aunts and those friends that *never* dance at weddings, were dragging their dates onto the dance floor. Legitimately, the only downside to how awesome they are was that there was no time to go to the bathroom. There were no “bad” songs or moments you felt like you could slip away and wouldn’t miss anything. EVERY person that talked to us about our wedding afterward mentioned how incredible the band was. Last but not least, Chris, the band manager, is an awesome guy – super professional and punctual while also easy going and accommodating. They also were extremely reasonably priced considering we traveled them from Boston to NY. Cheaper than a lot of the bands we looked at, and 10x better. Do not miss out – BOOK BEARFIGHT NOW.

Sent on 03/31/2019
    Bearfight 8
    Bearfight 9
    Bearfight 10
    Bearfight 11
    Bearfight 12

Matt · Married on 10/06/2018

They were by far the easiest to deal with. They’re flat rate to cover everything is rare in the wedding world where everyone wants to nickel and dime you. Beyond that they brought the energy and we had a 4 hour dance party.

Robert · Married on 09/21/2018

BearFight does it all. Music at my wedding was a top priority and BearFight blew away my expectations. From being tremendously easy to work with, having timing down flawlessly, and most importantly playing so well everyone from every age group at my wedding was dancing and rocking out all night long; I couldn't recommend them enough. The DJ/Band combo is an awesome way to dance the night away and not too many bands would pull your violin playing cousin up on stage to perform a couple songs. They are the best of the best.

Jeannie · Married on 08/24/2018

Just played at my daughters wedding. Great..I'm 68 years old and 5 weeks from knee replacement and they had me dancing all night.i had a blast. The. Dj thatworked with them was excellent, great transition between . I would recommend these talented guys without reservation. They really worked it.....

Sent on 08/27/2018
  • Andrew

Andrew A Dorosario · Married on 08/18/2018

BearFight, the band that WILL make you have the BEST. WEDDING. EVER!

"I NEVER dance at weddings and this band had me up on the dance floor the ENTIRE reception from their first song to the last of the night...WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE?!?!" That is a direct quote from one of my wife's older aunts who was pleasantly surprised when the 'rock band that does weddings' that we hired got the dance party started at our wedding in Cape Cod this past August.
    My wife and I are both BIG music enthusiasts with a broad range of artists we like and so when we got engaged in April of 2017 we knew we wanted the focal point of our wedding to be the music and dancing. Here were our criteria: We definitely wanted a band, but we also wanted some original tracks to be played so the duality of having DJ would be helpful. My wife is a drummer and I play bass/guitar so we also wanted a band that would be open to the idea of us performing with them at the wedding. On top of that, we also wanted a band that might be open to learning more than 1 or 2 new songs for our wedding which is also a bit of a tall order.
    At the beginning of the summer in 2017, I had seen a video of a college friend's wedding where she, the bride, was singing with this band called "BearFight" and just absolutely killing it. The energy, the smiles, the sound, the guests, everything was EXACTLY what everyone hopes their wedding to be like and I knew that we needed to get in touch with these guys. Shortly after seeing the video, my wife and I had a phone call with Chris, the lead singer/manager, and he was one of the nicest, most accommodating people I've ever spoken to. He laid out exactly what BearFight could offer and it was way more than anything we heard or expected to hear from any other band. He told us they would provide a full band with DJ combo, could get a female vocalist added on per my wife's request, he encouraged us to perform with the band when we told him we also played instruments and told us BearFight could likely learn a few new songs at our request.
    Upon hearing this we were basically sold and since we live in the Boston area, Chris invited us to check out BearFight at some of their local shows in the area open to the public. We saw BearFight twice in the summer of 2017, hired them in August 2017 for our wedding that would be a year later and ended up seeing BearFight countless times in the full year of our engagement along with getting to know the members really well.
    When our wedding finally came around in August 2018 they ABSOLUTELY CRUSHED IT! They learned 7 new songs just for our wedding at our request and their DJ/MC was brilliant with the wedding party introductions and the timing of songs in between band sets. On top of all that, my wife and I performed with the band together and separately for 5 songs and even had some last minute requests from our friends asking if they could play guitar or bass for a certain song, which the guys in BearFight welcomed and offered their instruments without hesitation.
    Our wedding of 259 attendees had easily 220+ of the people on the dance floor during the reception. My 71-year-old father kept saying, "BEST. WEDDING. BAND. EVER!" after the wedding after being a bit skeptical about having a "rock band" as our wedding band, but BearFight really knows how to throw a party by reading their audience and their environment. They are extremely humble guys and will put you, your family, and your friends in the spotlight for your special day before themselves. They don't come off like a band that was hired to perform at a wedding, they carry a presence as "the most fun guests at a wedding that got everyone dancing...they just happened to also play instruments" as one of my groomsmen said.
    Ultimately, if you want a band that can do literally ANYTHING and does it all well for your special day that also happy to be just good people don't think, don't hesitate, don't wait. Hire BearFight and you're not just getting an unforgettable wedding, but you'll have acquired some unforgettable friends for life as well.

Sent on 10/30/2018
    Bearfight 13
    Bearfight 14
    Bearfight 15
    Bearfight 16

Jenny · Married on 08/03/2018

Dare I say, the best wedding band OF ALL TIME?! Bearfight was amazing. I'm still getting rave reviews from my guests about the band. The variety and genres of music were on point. Chris and the rest of the guys are so great to work to with and really accommodating. I would highly recommend Bearfight to all future brides and grooms!

Sent on 09/06/2018

Leia · Married on 07/14/2018

Bearfight had all my wedding guests dancing, best wedding band ever! Band's bass guitar broke right before the reception and had a backup immediately. They were very accommodating to my littlest guests, giving them tambourines and drum sticks. Johnny even let her hit the cymbals here and there! H had such an amazing time, she slept with the band's business card. Kev let my new brother-in-law play and it was all so amazing. My husband's step-father had passed 3 weeks before our wedding. Kev had the band learn a little sing-along-tribute to him and rocked it with his favorite song. You can't go wrong booking them! DJ Alex was great as well and a nice added bonus; he played great cocktail hour music and got the crowd going while the band was on break. There were so many Bearfight moments that we loved; we were on the floor dancing so much we didn't even get a chance to grab a picture with the guys. That was my only regret... that and our wedding should have just been 8 hours of music and dancing :-D

Sent on 08/06/2018
    Bearfight 17
    Bearfight 18

Ryan · Married on 07/07/2018

Very professional while being amazing and fun. The night flew by because they were so good and people never stopped dancing! I never dreamed that a wedding could be that much fun and it was mostly because of the band and DJ. From the ceremony music and right though dinner and then finally once the band plugs in, it truly makes the day even more special than it already is.

Sent on 07/22/2018

Catherine · Married on 06/29/2018

So easy to communicate with throughout the process and made for a very fun party!

Samantha · Married on 05/19/2018

In short, book BearFight!!! I am the chair of a formal charity event and BearFight played for us in May 2018. Chris and team were so easy to work with and absolutely made this year the best yet. Guests have not stopped talking about how amazing they were. People have told me they want to book them for their weddings. This event is different than the weddings they're used to playing and they rolled with the punches and even incorporated a donation based song request system and donated everything to our cause! I don't have enough good things to say about them and have already put a hold on them for next year's event. Seriously, if you're lucky enough that BearFight is available for your date, book them!!!

Sent on 05/28/2018
    Bearfight 19

Christopher · Married on 04/28/2018

On a video from the our wedding that the band posted on their social media they labeled it with the quote of "We aren't a wedding band, we're a rock band that does weddings." I don't think any truer words have ever been spoken. We knew how great they were going in and trusted them to help make our wedding vision come true. They somehow exceeded every single expectation. Both in terms of us but more importantly every single review from our guests If you're looking for a kickass band that plays wedding, your search can end here.

Sent on 05/29/2018

Jonathan · Married on 03/24/2018

Bearfight was amazing! We can't get over how much fun we had. My wife glows every time she talks about the music. They made our wedding! They played all night until the hotel kicked us out! Thank you!

Sent on 06/13/2018

Jennie · Married on 02/17/2018

We got engaged in Cuba and sent an email to Bearfight before we even got off the plane. A live band was important to my husband and we realized that anyone we booked we would just compare to Bearfight. The guys are so great to work with and our wedding was just amazing because of them. We have lost track of how many times our friends and family told us how awesome they were and even had an uncle say to us the next day, "you know, I've been to a lot of weddings and this was the best one I've ever been to!"

From start to finish Chris and his team were so helpful and organized. They made the whole process smooth and easy. Chris even helped us to find other vendors when we needed ideas. The DJ/band combination was awesome and the dance floor was packed all night long. We couldn't have asked for a better band for our day!

Sent on 04/18/2018

Emerald · Married on 10/21/2017

After I was hired as the day of coordinator for Chris and Ashley’s Wedding I quickly reached out to all of the vendors they had booked to introduce myself. Chris and Alex from Bear Fight were quick to respond and extremely professional. To no surprise when I met them and the rest of their crew the day of the LeRoy/Aiken Wedding they were extremely friendly, easy to work with and very cooperative with all the changes we made throughout the day. All in all working with Bear Fight was a blast! I would HIGHLY recommend them to any couple looking for a Wedding Band!

Sent on 10/29/2017
  • O

Olivia · Married on 07/01/2017

Absolutely the BEST wedding band and DJ out there!!! Honestly, our family and friends can not stop talking about how awesome our reception was and it's because they kept the party going all night long with a fun mix of music!!!

I am so happy that they were highly recommended to us by a friend who scoured the country for her wedding band and found them! After seeing all of their reviews and performances, we knew we had to have them and booked them immediately (best thing we ever did)! Since the beginning of our wedding planning, we have felt well taken care of and they truly listened to every single request (BIG and SMALL)! The highlight was when I requested they play 'Love Shack,' as that is my power karaoke jam. Not only did they learn the song for me, but invited me up on stage so I could rock out at my own wedding!!! BEST DAY EVER and it's all due to Bearfight!!! We can not thank them enough!!!!!

Sent on 07/19/2017

Robert · Married on 06/17/2017

I cannot recommend them enough! Everyone had a blast!!! I had several family members all asking me about them multiple times.

Sent on 07/05/2017

Audrey · Married on 06/10/2017

If you're looking for a wedding band (or for any event) - look no further!! BearFight totally rocked our wedding from cocktail hour through the last minutes we were allowed in the venue. I would hire them allover again in a heartbeat.

Their professionalism, energy and talent totally made the day so much fun and attributed to everyone saying that it was hands down one of the most fun weddings they've ever attended. We now have people who attended our wedding getting engaged and asking for their information.

One more important note - they don't play any songs that would make you want to take a dance break, so strap on your sneakers and get ready to dance ALL NIGHT LONG.

Sent on 10/19/2017

Andrew · Married on 05/06/2017

We could not have been any more pleased with Bearfight. From the initial contract to the day of they were professional, knowledgeable and made sure we having fun the entire time. They have great experience and gave great advice while allowing us to individualize every aspect of our day. I can't think of a single thing more we could have asked for!

Sent on 07/17/2017

Patricia · Married on 05/05/2017

After seeing Bear Fight at my sister's wedding and a few times in Portsmouth, we knew we had to have them play at our wedding. We even planned our wedding date based on when they were available.

We have received so much positive feedback from guests of all ages. Our friends and family cannot stop talking about how awesome our reception was.

If you're looking for a band that will keep every guest dancing from beginning until end, Bear Fight is most definitely it!!

Sent on 07/31/2017

Dani · Married on 10/28/2016

They are not only so talented but they are the most amazing people and beyond accommodating and are able to turn "going to a wedding" into going to an experience of a lifetime. With all the craziness of planning a wedding they had no problem taking tasks off our plate and making every part of working with them as least stressful as possible. They engaged with every single guest and even let one of our bestest friends do a drum solo with the band which got the crowd to go bananas. Of course they are the best of the best but its the care, the thought and the desire to blow your expectations out of the water that really got me. Good hearted people paired with the most talent and passion all while remaining so humble is the ultimate formula. BearFight is exactly that.

Sent on 11/21/2016

katey · Married on 10/22/2016

We were so excited to hire Bearfight for our wedding since we have seen them play all over Boston! They bring so much fun and energy to the dance floor. Even during a slow song, I remember looking around and seeing a packed dance floor - they are that good! We hired them for the ceremony and reception. They played exactly what we wanted. One family member even commented "whatever you paid for that band was worth every penny to see everyone dancing like that!"They come with their own DJ and he is awesome! I would highly recommend them for any event!

Sent on 10/25/2016

Ally · Married on 10/15/2016

BearFight is the best of the best. Please do not miss the opportunity to have them at your wedding! They are a pleasure to work with leading up to the big day and will certainly not disappoint!!! Every guest I speak to that went to my wedding mentions "the band," and how they absolutely made the night. Love love love BearFight!!!

Sent on 11/17/2016

Amy · Married on 10/09/2016

If you want a wedding band, hire a wedding band. If you want your guests to have a great time and spend most of the night on the dance floor hire BearFight. BearFight ROCKED. They were great to work with before the wedding, and took our song requests and filled out the rest of the setlist to seem custom tailored to our crowd. We have had multiple people ask for the set list! We had a few kids at the wedding and they really enjoyed being called out from the stage, and at the end of the night the drummer gave them his drumsticks. Not sure how much the others on the bus ride home felt about that, but we know for sure it made the kids' night, week, year... We couldn't recommend BearFight enough!

Sent on 11/16/2016
  • Cabtv

Courtney · Married on 10/08/2016

BearFight was amazing from beginning to end, from booking to planning the communication was all very professional. They did the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception all seamlessly. Our guest were dancing all evening, and all we heard the next day was about how much fun everyone had and how great the band was. You can tell they put a lot of energy and passion into the performance, which makes the guest feel like they can let loose and have fun as well. We are so happy with their services and that they were willing to travel all the way to Vermont! I would recommend BearFight to anyone looking to hire a band for their wedding! Don't hesitate though, they book up fast!

Sent on 10/24/2016

Kevin · Married on 10/02/2016

Truly no better Band/DJ combination! They absolutely made our reception! Everyone is still talking about how much fun they had and all the dancing they did. We were truly blown away!! They should be the first thing you book when planning your wedding. We planned our wedding around their availability, and it was the best decision we made! BearFight is simply the best!!!!

Sent on 11/16/2016