Bear Mountain Inn Reviews

Bear Mountain Inn 6
Bear Mountain Inn 7

Dan H · Married on 07/13/2019

July 2019 Fantastic !!!

My daughters July 2019 wedding at the Bear Mountain Inn was truly wonderful (and our large family has MANY weddings). The spectacular outdoor grounds, the perfect lodging, the incredible food, thoughtful party room structure, but most of all…THE GRACIOUS STAFF. From housekeeping to front desk, from wait staff to chef (Armando), from barkeeps to catering (Gia), we could not have been happier. Valerie (Coordinator) and Rich (Banquet Captain) were graciously professional and hands-on the whole weekend. A most memorable weekend and perfect wedding. THANK YOU 😊.

Sent on 07/18/2019
    Bear Mountain Inn 8
  • Evie

Evie · Married on 12/08/2018

Bear Mountain Overlook Lodge

The best decision for our subtle Game of Thrones wedding. The Overlooks views were stunning and to die for. Thank you to Mina for helping make sure our day went smoothly.

Sent on 12/22/2018

Sarah · Married on 12/07/2018

Winter Carousel

My wedding at the Bear Mountain Carousel exceeded my expectations. The space was absolutely amazing, the food was delicious and the staff were wonderful. Valerie, our coordinator was beyond helpful. She was always quick to respond to any questions I had. She was always happy and positive when we met. We had the most wonderful experience.

Sent on 12/13/2018
    Bear Mountain Inn 9
    Bear Mountain Inn 10
    Bear Mountain Inn 11

Patty D'amato · Married on 11/17/2018

A Beautiful Winter Wedding

I was in the car the other day with my daughter, and I said to her, "Out of all the venues we considered for your wedding, I am so happy you and Jim chose the Bear Mountain Inn!" The reception was just amazing; our guests are still talking about it. From the beginning, we appreciated the setting, and we knew it would look even more beautiful in December. We worked with Valerie who ensured that all of our needs were met and went over and above to help in the planning of the day. She made sure that any concerns were taken care of, and we were comforted to have her on site for any last minute needs and questions. Alysa assisted us in touring the hotel facilities so we knew where our guests would be staying and was also helpful through the whole process. At the cocktail hour and reception, the food was plentiful and delicious. The staff was friendly, courteous, and eager to please. The ballroom is spacious, and the dance floor was large enough for our guests to dance freely. We were very happy that we could have an after party in the lounge and then enjoy the guest brunch there in the morning. The convenience of being able to stay on property was an added plus.

Sent on 02/24/2019

Mark · Married on 11/10/2018

November 2018 Wedding

We got married at the Bear Mountain Overlook Lodge in November 2018 and can't say enough great things about the experience and the staff, especially Mina Park and Alysa Quick. We wanted something rustic and this venue became our top choice and because of the view overlooking the lake we could let the venue speak for itself without a lot of decorations. We also wanted it to be as simple as possible and thanks to Mina being incredibly flexible and also recommending all our vendors it definitely lightened the burden. We ended up with 90 guests and because the venue had rooms attached to it we were able to keep all guests on location between the rooms at the lodge and the stone cottages (the after party was held here). The ceremony was also held onsite and we weren't able to do it outside due to weather we had great flexibility to decide whether it would be indoor or outdoors. The food was also great from the appetizers to the main course including the cake (outside vendor that Bear Mountain has a relationship so we didn't have to coordinate).

We used all recommended vendors and each was great and friendly. We used Bok-Music as our music/DJ and Brendan and his team did a great job from the pre-planning to the event. They used a great blend of music (ethnic/American music) and knowing the perfect timing (helped me coordinate thank you with music). We used Flowers by David Anthony which were amazing and because of their familiarity with the venue delivery and setup was perfect and effortless. Todd Marti was our photographer and Kyle Harrigan our videographer who both did an amazing job, and because they shoot this venue frequently they knew where and when to shoot to capture everything.

Any wedding regardless of size is a major undertaking but because of Mina and her staff at Bear Mountain they made this a day much smoother that resulted in a wedding that far exceeded expectations.

Sent on 12/02/2018

Brett · Married on 10/06/2018

Merry-Go-Round was Perfect

We loved the venue and the coordinators were amazing to work with. They were very accommodating to everything that we wanted to for our big day. We chose the Merry-Go-Round pavilion and were extremely pleased. All of our family and friends loved the setting and the carousel was a huge hit. We had 80 guests in total and the size was just right. We were a little nervous about the ceremony and reception being in the same spot, but the staff was amazing in how they transformed the room over a few quick minutes.

Sent on 10/18/2018
  • Stacey

Stacey Dunn · Married on 07/21/2018

Our dream rustic wedding

We were looking for a Hudson Valley venue that was rustic, elegant and warm, and of course, within our budget - we were so glad that it worked out with Bear Mountain! It was truly one of the best days of our lives, and in large part due to this venue and our amazing coordinator, Mina. She helped us keep everything organized in all the planning, guided us through all the decisions we had to make, recommended amazing vendors and day-of, kept our bridal party organized and everything in lock step. The venue is gorgeous and full of amazing photo ops everywhere you turn. It was a busy summer day with a few on-lookers, but we barely noticed as we were swept away in it all. And most of all, we're looking forward to going back and reminiscing for anniversaries to come!

Sent on 11/18/2018

Chrissy · Married on 10/20/2017

Everything was perfect. The food, the staff, the venue. The weather made the ceremony even better outdoors.

Sent on 10/28/2017

Michelle · Married on 04/29/2017

When you’re engaged for 2.5 years you have a lot of time to plan your big day, and you also have a lot of time to daydream about how that day will actually go. You wonder if your expectations will actually be higher than the result. That couldn’t be farther from the truth with our wedding at the Bear Mountain Inn. Mina made sure that our day was nothing short of a fairytale. She went above and beyond all expectations. I can say without a doubt that our wedding was the best day of our life. We loved Bear Mountain from the start. To be honest, it was the only venue we looked at. We had our wedding at the Inn. It’s beautiful just the way it is – I mean it! No need to spend tons of money on decorating, especially if you’re into the rustic theme like we are. The wood and stone throughout the venue along with the fireplaces make it romantic. Add some candles and subtle flower arrangements and you’re good to go! Now to the food. My favorite part. The food is out of this world. We had our rehearsal dinner at the restaurant the day before and everything was delicious. I hoped that our wedding food would be just as good as we remembered at the tasting, and it was! The beef was tender, the food was plentiful, and guests raved about it for weeks. Let me say, the staff is amazing! Mina will do whatever you want to make your day happen. But it’s not just Mina. Our maître d Richard and the restaurant manager, Augie catered to our every need and made sure we were comfortable and our guests were too. Richard did such a great job during the wedding making sure our glasses were always full and that we were comfortable the entire night. The food selections are great and the cake was phenomenal. Homestyle Bakery is amazing! We had 2 different cake flavors and had special cookie platters made up as an additional favor for our guests. What I love about Bear Mountain is it’s a one-stop shop. Site fee, catering, tables/chairs and cake is all included. -Michelle & Matt

Sent on 06/04/2017

Our wedding was nothing short of perfect at the Bear Mountain Inn! Our coordinator, Sandra, was amazing! She was so helpful with everything and worked with us and made sure everything was perfect and exactly what we wanted. Everyone keeps telling us how awesome our wedding was, and how awesome the food was. I cant thank everything there enough for making our wedding one to remember.

Sent on 10/20/2015

Jasmin · Married on 10/15/2016

Wow what a night. My wedding will forever go down in the history books as the best wedding ever. My family already wants to book a annual family reunion at the inn. My wedding was the end of October and my goodness I couldn't have had it anymore magical. Guests came up to me and my husband all night and complemented how EVERYTHING was perfect. Mina is a doll. She really knows everything that needed to be done that day and the months leading up. She never even questioned herself. Always found a solution. The whole staff was extremely accommodating. I wish I could do it all over again and again. I wouldn't change a thing.

Sent on 11/17/2016

Teresa · Married on 10/14/2016

We got married October 2016 at the Merry Go Round Pavilion at Bear Mountain and it was beyond magical. We worked with Sandra and she did everything possible to make sure we had the wedding of our dreams. The food was delicious and I still have guests telling me that it was the best wedding that they have ever been to.
    Sandra made us feel special from beginning to end and totally embraced the offbeat nature of our whimsically spooky wedding.

Sent on 11/18/2016

Katie · Married on 09/17/2016

This venue is perfect for a rustic wedding! My husband and I love the outdoors and knew scenery was important for our wedding. We went to look at Bear Mountain and it ended up being the only venue we looked at and booked. We live in Connecticut and the majority of our family and friends were coming from New York or New Jersey which made the location very accessible. There was so much for our guests to do other than attending our wedding that weekend--hikes, visits to the zoo, Oktoberfest, golf, etc. We wanted our wedding weekend to also be a nice weekend away for our guests which Bear Mountain delivered on.

We did everything on site for our wedding. We did our Friday night Rehearsal/Welcome dinner at Merry-Go Round Pavillon which was a great way to kick off the weekend. The food was delicious, venue was beautiful and our guests got to ride the merry-go round (great photo opts!) For our wedding the ceremony, cocktail hour, reception and after party were all at the Bear Mountain Inn which has a great natural flow from one portion of the wedding to the next. The outdoor terrace was absolutely beautiful for the ceremony. Our ceremony was at 6:30 so the natural lighting in September was beautiful. Both the room for the cocktail hour and reception are very spacious. With our 120 guests, there was plenty of room for everyone to spread out. We heard numerous compliments from our guests throughout the weekend about how good the food was. The accommodation options on the property (the Inn and cottages) were perfect for our guests that wanted to stay on site.

One of the other highlights of our wedding experience was working with Mina Park, Director of Catering. Mina was extremely responsive (even on her days off!) any time I reached out with any questions. She was very organized and offered great suggestions along the way. She expects a high level of service from her staff which was very clear throughout the entire wedding weekend.

Sent on 10/08/2016
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 06/04/2016

Our wedding was held at The Cliff House at Bear Mountain and it was truly a spectacular venue for an intimate event.
    The food was out of this world and got several comments about how the food was the best wedding food (and it was buffet). Mina was very accommodating and helpful and I am trying to come up with another event I can book just to work with her again and eat the amazing food we had at our wedding.

Sent on 07/05/2016

Stephanie · Married on 05/14/2016

We LOVED our wedding at Bear Mount Inn! It is such a beautiful and special location...and still so close and easy to get to from NYC and surrounding areas. The entire staff, especially Mina Park, director of catering, were so amazing from start to finish and paid attention to details that helped make the weekend flawless-and keep me calm! There are too many awesome and thoughtful things that Mina did to list-from being extremely accommodating like when we switched our ceremony and reception chairs last minute, to getting us drinks and food at the cocktail hour so we made sure to eat...all of it just made everything go so much more amazingly!! The staff there are clearly experts at their job and I feel so lucky that we got to work with them! I recommend this venue highly and have only great things to say about it!!!

Sent on 05/21/2016
  • I

Irene · Married on 10/03/2015

I can't say enough about how much we loved having our wedding here. First, we were thrilled that guests who wanted to spend a weekend out of NYC, where we live, could turn this into a weekend trip full of hiking, enjoying the Hudson River Valley and for history/military buffs, nearby WestPoint. And in October, Oktoberfest was nearby - and many guests pre-gamed - but not on the property as in years past. Second, I was so glad to have the convenience of having a salon and a place to eat on premises and near where we stayed. Third, I LOVED staying in a Cottage before the wedding - the night before and night of, we filled 2 cottages with close friends and family and in the hours prior to the wedding itself, hosted a "snacks & drinks" for the bridal party (helpfully guaranteeing they'd be in the right place for photos). I will admit, I thought the rooms in the Cottages were pricier than I expected - I think a wedding package that provided a modest discount on rooms if you booked at the venue would be a great marketing tool - I was so glad we splurged in the end.

Our partners at the venue, Mina Park and Sandra, were incredible. We worked with Mina for the bulk of the year and she is smart, has a good eye, is hardworking and responsive and knows her stuff - she recommended our florist (Lily's of the Valley nearby) and provided some great ideas for decorating the space. I'm grateful to have worked with her, because wedding planning is not easy (for someone as high-strung as I am) and her kindness and warmth were so great. And Sandra was able to step in the week-of and is amazing - also warm, she's bubbly and energetic and projects utter competence. Not once did I worry that something would go wrong (which I've been told is unusual) and these two are why. It's also very fun to meet people who so obviously love their jobs.

Sent on 01/30/2016

Cathy · Married on 06/14/2013

We were married there on June 14,2013. Chris and Aj where just wonderful to us. They took care of everything and made us feel like the special brides we were. We highly recommend bear mountain for your wedding venue. The chef Michael made our cocktail hour and reception meal with such delicious food our guests have not stopped talking about the great time they all had.

Sent on 07/12/2013

Justine · Married on 12/21/2012

The entire team at Bear Mountain made our wedding so very special and a pleasure to plan. I planned the entire wedding from Cleveland and Ann Marie, AJ and Dana were always available and and eager to answer any questions or concerns we had. AJ even made sure we had a table for Sunday Brunch on top of everything else! The entire venue (Merry Go Round, Overlook Lodge, The Inn, the grounds) was stunning, the food delicious, and the service impeccable! Thank you!

Sent on 12/31/2012

Chris · Married on 11/23/2012

We had our wedding here and it was a great / memorable time! The food was great, Ann-Marie was responsive, helpful, knowledgeable and flexable! Her staff was the same - great! The event went flawless and she had the perfect recommendation on other vendors to use. Our wedding was exactly what we pictured and eveyone who came commented on how much fun they had, how beautiful everything was, how good the food was and that "it was the best wedding they ahve been to in 15 years". This was comiong from mostly family and friends with big italian fmailys who have been to many wedding all over NYC. We decided to have ours "up-state" so it could be a "destination" wedding only 45 minutes from NYC. This was perfect since it wasn't too far but everyone stayed over at the lodge for the night and the partyy kept going until 3 or 4 am... No drunk drivers, lots of fun and since our party booked all 28 rooms we had the whole place to ourselves for the "after party"... Very memorable as people are still talking about it 2 months later

Sent on 01/21/2013

Kalyn · Married on 10/20/2012

My husband and I had our reception at the Bear Mountain Inn on October 20, 2012 and is was absolutely PERFECT! From start to finish, everything I had envisioned and requested came true. I worked very closely with Anne Marie Grew, the catering manager, and she truly went above and beyond to make sure that we were happy with every aspect of the big day. We had signed our contract with BMI while the renovations were still in progress but I knew once we met with the staff that our wedding would be everything we dreamed.... and it was.

I would recommend this venue to any bride that is not looking for the conventional ballroom type wedding reception. Our wedding was rustic and nestled in the beautiful autumn backdrop of the Hudson Valley.... which was exactly the wedding I had dreamnt of as a little girl. Thank you Anne Marie and the rest of the staff at the Bear Mountain Inn.

Sent on 02/05/2013

Ellis · Married on 10/13/2012

We had our ceremony, and reception at the Overlook Lodge. My husband and I and our family and most guests also stayed overnight at the lodge. They did such an amazing job with setting up for our big day. Everything came out beautiful. The staff at the lodge were awesome and very fun to work with. They really made our special day one we'll never forget. The view is beautiful there and the food is amazing and delicious. The Overlook Lodge is a beautiful place to have a wedding at or any occasion. Thanks for making our day perfect.

Sent on 01/30/2013

We had our wedding ceremony and reception at the Overlook Lodge, and I couldn't have asked for a better venue! The views were amazing, the food was incredible, and the staff was great! The coordinator Ann Marie was a blessing; she was an immense help w/ the planning leading up to the wedding and then w/ helping the day run smoothly. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone looking for an amazing place w/ an extremely reasonable price tag.

Sent on 09/10/2012

Arien · Married on 08/17/2012

We had our ceremony and reception at the Bear Mountain Inn on August 17, 2012. We live in NYC and were looking for somewhere not too far from the city that was still affordable. Bear Mountain is less than an hour away, and most of our guests were able to stay on site or very nearby. Things could not have gone more smoothly. The bridal suite is gorgeous and perfectly laid out; the two bathrooms made it easy for my bridesmaids and me to get ready and the swinging French doors dividing the bedroom and seating area meant the groomsmen could hang for a few minutes after the ceremony while my girls bustled the dress. The ceremony was outside on the deck, overlooking the lake. We were able to have a rehearsal the day before with everything all set up, and the staff was so helpful as chuppahs, flowers and music were set up throughout the day. Of course, the beautiful, rustic setting provides the perfect place for portraits and group shots! And the reception was everything we could have wanted. It was so nice to have the reception in a separate space from the cocktail hour, as it made everything go so much more smoothly. The staff followed our instructions about placecards, table names and favors to a T, and the effect achieved was even greater than I could have envisioned. The room was perfectly laid out for our 156 guests, and the dance floor was able to handle the stampede of enthusiastic guests. Ann Marie worked with us every step of the way to make sure our special day was beautiful and memorable. When we decided on Bear Mountain, the inn was still a construction site, and it could not have turned out more beautiful! Many of my relatives can be opinionated and fussy, and some are actually in the hospitality and wedding business themselves, and all agreed that Bear Mountain Inn did an exceptional job with the wedding. Friends reported that the cocktail hour had some of the most amazing and unique food they have tried (Thanksgiving dinner in a martini glass!).

Sent on 08/29/2012

stephanie · Married on 08/11/2012

the staff did a great job on our weding, the food was delicious and our guests didnt stop complimaneting the scenery all evening. i would love to use them again soon!

Sent on 11/26/2012