Bear Creek Mountain Resort Reviews

Bear Creek Mountain Resort 7
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 10/20/2018

Seamless and Professional

Choosing Bear Creek Mountain Resort was hands down the BEST decision we made early on in the planning process. I'm a planner at heart and by profession and still found wedding planning to be stressful. BCMR made it SO easy and asks all of the right questions at the right time.

From a "checklist" perspective, BCMR is a one-stop venue with on site accommodations. They can host your ceremony, reception, after party, AND if you plan it right, your rehearsal and post-brunch as well. I also reserved the SPA and had a whole team of professionals work on my bridal party and mother of the bride. Our family spent the WHOLE weekend there (even those not in the wedding/attending rehearsal) and told us it was a resort vacation in their backyard.

If you're on the fence - the food is delicious and plentiful. The tasting package is included with your wedding for up to 6 people (includes G&B - so G+B and 4 friends/family) and is quite the event. You sit in the fully furnished ballroom and go through the motions of a whole reception. Your table will eat (literally) all of the entrees BCMR offers. This really helps narrow down your choices, and I changed all my plans after the tasting. No other venue or B&G I've talked to had something similar to this, and it usually costs more. As of April 2018 (when I went) this was included!

If you're still on the fence - We were so fortunate to have Lisa Geiger as our coordinator (but i've heard the whole team is amazing). She is a treasure and ON TOP of everything. From securing a date, a rehearsal plan, and even reminding me to jump on reserving "The Spa," I felt confident putting everything in Lisa's hands and taking all of her recommendations. Weeks before the wedding, Lisa is in constant contact checking in on little details and wrapping up final counts and payments. The day before she reminded me that I was missing my favors, which gave me enough time to get someone to bring them to me. She also made arrangements with all my vendors (who were all familiar with BCMR) and assured me everything was handled (which it was, and everything was beautiful).

I also recommend using the Woodland ballroom if you have a slightly smallish wedding (I had 120, max is 150-170). I LOVED this space, it was private, and the Trail's End Cafe is right below for the late night after party. My entire family was able to share the one end of the resort. The other two ballrooms are larger, but also have to share the Grille for the after party.

If you're on the fence, I promise BCMR will not let you down. Even the hotel staff, restaurant staff, and the Spa staff are professional, friendly, and helpful. Not a single complaint!

• Jessica

Jessica Merlo · Married on 10/12/2018

Fantastic staff!

The Bear Creek staff was super attentive and organized. They made our special day flawless. They took care of everything from start to finish. As a bride I had nothing to stress about, I could just enjoy being in the moment.

Gabbi0604@yahoo.com · Married on 08/25/2018

Amazing experience!

Choosing Bear Creek was the best decision we could have made for our wedding (we planned our wedding from Chicago IL)! I recommend taking advantage of the buffet breakfast the morning after your wedding (guests can pay on their own, come and go as they please but BC can reserve a private space for your group). If you do a rehearsal dinner there, I'd ask for private space (we sat in the open dining area at the Grille, but would have liked a more private/blocked off space). We used the Grille bar for a pre-wedding day happy hour and after party for the wedding - so convenient! The BC staff took carts full of our decor, and did an amazing job staging the room - they even took the flowers from our ceremony setup and reset them at our sweetheart table. We worked with Theresa and she was a dream - I've heard great things about the other coordinators too! Our guests loved the food and had no problem getting apps and drinks all night. You'll have a staff leader assigned to check in with you all night, there was never a moment we didn't have drinks in our hands! We would recommend anyone to host their special day at Bear Creek!

Hadar · Married on 07/28/2018

We celebrated our wedding at Bear Creek on July 28th, 2018. We did our rehearsal dinner there as well. I was blown away by the property and the incredible staff throughout our experience booking and executing our event. The grounds were gorgeous for photos and our ceremony, and the reception space was amazing. I would recommend anyone to host their event here. I can't stop raving about our experience from start to finish, and my guests have all given me the same response. Lisa and her team who handle weddings are incredible to work with, the reviews don't lie - this place provides it all! (photos provided are by our photographer, David Zaveloff)

Bear Creek Mountain Resort 8
    Bear Creek Mountain Resort 9
    Bear Creek Mountain Resort 10
    Bear Creek Mountain Resort 11
    Bear Creek Mountain Resort 12

Lauryn · Married on 07/01/2018

Bear Creek is the perfect place to have a wedding or another event. The ballroom options, the ceremony locations, the hospitality, and all of the staff at Bear Creek were amazing! We could not have asked for anything else. Everyone was extremely helpful and attentive to our needs and our guests’ needs while planning the wedding and on our wedding day. Our wedding coordinator, Lisa Geiger was extremely helpful during the planning process and on our wedding day. She would readily respond to questions, provide feedback and suggestions when needed, and ensured our “big day” went smoothly. We thoroughly enjoyed our entire stay at Bear Creek and would definitely recommend this venue for any event!

Erica · Married on 06/29/2018

Bear Creek was absolutely perfect. Every single person was so helpful and happy to help make our day perfect. Lisa was incredible to work with and made wedding plan so much less stressful. highly recommend.

Sherri · Married on 06/02/2018

Theresa was amazing and the whole Bear creek team was great to work with! I loved having the option of inside or outside depending on weather!

Jennifer · Married on 05/26/2018

Best decision ever was choosing bear creek. We had Theresa as our coordinator and she was ON every detail from day one. Countless emails back and forth (answering any question i had) and the minute we arrived for the wedding she handled it all. The venue is breathtaking (mountain ballroom was our location), food was amazing and the hotel was perfect. Wish I could give more stars!! 5.26.18

Bear Creek Mountain Resort 13
    Bear Creek Mountain Resort 14

Courtney · Married on 05/05/2018

Bear Creek is not only a gorgeous location for a wedding but it also comes with some of the greatest amenities you didn't realize you needed or wanted. We loved the fact that we showed up on Friday and didn't have to go anywhere till Sunday afternoon. We did EVERYTHING at Bear Creek from rehearsal dinner to morning after brunch they had us covered. Theresa and her team was amazing, anything we needed we got! I had serious bustle issues all night and they were great about getting me pins and whatever they could do to help. If you are looking for an amazing place with amazing people I would highly recommend Bear Creek!

Bear Creek Mountain Resort 15
  • Lindsay

Lindsay · Married on 11/04/2017

We cannot thank Bear Creek enough for all the hard work they did for us on our wedding day. It is by far the most beautiful venue for celebrating the most important day of our lives! Their experience and expertise was apparent from day one. Theresa and her team amazed us with their organization, professionalism, and their ability to make your big day stress free. Additionally, the venue offers everything for the entire wedding weekend including the hotel, after party space, and delicious brunch following the wedding day. We are so thankful we were able to have our wedding at such an amazing resort!

Kirsten · Married on 10/07/2017

absolutely amazing experience. professional staff who cared for our every need. would recommend for all events!

Kirstie · Married on 09/30/2017

Bear Creek should be at the top of your list when looking for a venue for your wedding. Thank you bear creek for an amazing and unforgettable wedding! Every detail was perfect and this wedding wouldn’t have been possible without the help from our amazing wedding coordinator Lisa. Bear Creek is lucky to have her. We don’t have enough words to express how amazing she is. Our wedding day was perfect and we wouldn’t have had changed a thing. She is truly the reason we decided to have our wedding at bear creek. Lisa thank you, thank you, thank you. Our families thanks you. You are extremely kind, gifted, and know how to plan a wedding! Really we don’t have enough words and we could talk all day about how irreplaceable Lisa is. All of our guests can’t stop talking about our wedding, how great the food was, the access to hotel rooms, the beauty of the venue and how much fun it was. We also want to say thank you to Jordan he was by our sides the entire night of the rehearsal and wedding. Making sure we were taking care of. Bear creek has some amazing staff but Lisa and Jordan really do out shine. Thank you to the head servers that made sure we always had a drink in our hand and food on our plate. Thank you again Bear Creek! We will be back very soon! Love, Christopher and Kirstie 9.30.17

Jessica · Married on 09/22/2017

We couldn't have asked for a better experience at Bear Creek! We had an amazing time at our wedding and have received nothing but complements about how beautiful Bear Creek is, delicious the food was, and how much fun our wedding was. Throughout the planning process, we never left Bear Creek without smiles on our faces from the friendly staff, and positive experience working with our coordinator Theresa. If we could give Bear Creek 10/5 stars we would!!

Marcy · Married on 09/15/2017

I wish I could give 100 stars to this amazing wedding venue. I am the mother of the bride, and from beginning to end, every detail was perfect. Therese Labour and all the staff were spot on with everything. Our daughters wedding was a dream come true! We had everything there from rooms, to the spa, the rehearsal dinner, wedding and after party. What a perfect venue for a wedding. And the grounds and the lodge were just incredibly beautiful! I am so sad it's over, but will surely be going back just to enjoy Bear Creek and everything that is offered. Oh and I forgot the food was incredible. The price package was very reasonable. I don't understand why anyone would not want their wedding there! We were all beyond satisfied. Radlowski, Sumoski wedding, 9/15/17

Peter · Married on 09/15/2017

From start to finish, I couldn't be happier with how things went with Bear Creek. They made my wife and me feel like VIPs from the first phone call to the night in the Bridal Suite. Theresa was phenomenal and it was easy to tell that the rest of the staff loved their jobs. On top of excellent service, the venue was perfect for what we wanted out of our wedding. Everything was kept in pristine condition and the wedding day went so smoothly I felt I was truly able to enjoy every minute without having to worry about the process. I could really go on about the experience, but I'll end just by saying that the staff, venue, food, service, rooms, and amenities all wildly impressed me, my wife, our families, and everyone who came to the wedding, all at a crazy reasonable expense as far as weddings are concerned. I can't imagine how you'd be disappointed!

Meredith · Married on 09/09/2017

Theresa Labour was a phenomenal coordinator. I couldn't have asked for better service from the entire Bear Creek staff. She was meticulous with details and confirmed with us in writing multiple times which I really appreciated. The venue itself is gorgeous and well priced. We felt like we had a great value for all the services we received. We will be going back for our anniversaries for sure! We also had our rehearsal dinner there and that was fantastic as well!

Megan · Married on 07/22/2017

The staff at Bear Creek is great! If that isn't enough, the food is outstanding. Bear Creek was very accommodating to our guests that required special meals or wheel chair capabilities. Our wedding coordinator, Lisa, is very knowledgable and makes you feel as though you are not thrown to the wolves with planning! I HIGHLY recommend this venue!

Ashley · Married on 06/24/2017

I 100% would recommend Bear Creek to any couple looking to get married in the Allentown area. We worked with Lisa Geiger, who was absolutely amazing!

Nicole · Married on 05/27/2017

Theresa and the staff at bear creek ski resort were absolutely amazing. They made sure everything was exactly the way I wanted my wedding to be. They did an absolutely amazing job and I would recommend this place to anyone that asks.

Heather · Married on 04/22/2017

The staff was exceptional!! From the beginning, the attention to deal and making us feel comfortable was spot on. Would not go anywhere else!!! Our wedding was perfect!

Laura · Married on 12/16/2016

Bear Creek was an amazing venue for our wedding. Not only was it the perfect location for a winter wedding, but Lisa and her staff were extremely helpful that day and throughout the entire process. We looked into a few other venue locations and none of them were as prepared as Bear Creek. Lisa was constantly available to answer any questions and make (last minute!!!) changes even the day of the wedding. The honeymoon suite was absolutely gorgeous and the staff even provided a gift card (that we used for a couples' massage the next morning) along with two dinners from the reception and a lovely note signed by the entire staff. Extremely pleased. Thank you, Lisa!

Tammi · Married on 11/18/2016

The staff at Bear Creek have been extremely accommodating! My fiancé and I both live in different cities and Macungie is our 1/2 way point. To meet and discuss ceremony and reception plans they have shuffled schedules in order to be available to us. I am confident they will have my special day running smoothly from beginning to end.

Krissy · Married on 10/21/2016

We had our wedding at Bear Creek on October 21st, 2016. It was by far the most AMAZING experience we could have ever imagined. From the day we went there to walk through the venue last year it was always a great experience. We wanted to have a fall wedding with great foliage to be our backdrop so as we narrowed down our venues Bear Creek always managed to stay on our list. I am so happy we chose to book Bear Creek for our special day because Theresa was by far the best venue coordinator we met throughout our experiences in the hunt for a venue. She did not disappoint throughout the year of planning by responding to any questions and keeping in touch along the way. As the months turned into weeks prior to the wedding she followed up with us to ensure she had every detail we wanted in the master plan. Since I was doing everything myself for planning this really helped me stay on track to make sure my day was perfect and I didn't have to worry about day of details. The day before the wedding I was running behind getting up there with the reception décor and my fiancé was running late from dropping our dog off at the sitter and she was very flexible in adjusting our timeline to take care of the details in a different order so we were still done with rehearsal on time and everyone knew what was going on for the next day. On the day of the wedding I snuck down to the ballroom before getting ready and all of my decorations were exactly how I wanted them so I knew the rest of the day would be perfect. As we got closer to the ceremony we had staff assisting us an ensuring everything went as planned. They even brought us drinks and appetizers after the ceremony since they knew we had a few additional pictures to take before our private cocktail hour. I highly recommend the private cocktail hour because you have your servers who fill drinks and apps as you get to spend time with your parents and bridal party. It was nice to take that time to relax before the rest of the night

Maggie · Married on 10/15/2016

Absolutely amazing! Everything exceeded our expectations and we would absolutely recommend this venue to anybody! All the staff was extremely efficient and professional, and my husband and I were treated like royalty from the second we step foot into the resort. Pick this venue for your wedding, you won't be disappointed!!