Bean Counter Bakery Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2011 Winner

• Arianna
    Arianna D. Married on 09/17/2021

The Best Cake I've Ever Eaten

The Bean Counter Bakery has the best cake I have ever eaten! They are moist, flavorful, and just the perfect amount of sweetness, and the fillings are out-of-this-world delicious. We loved the cake so much during our cake tasting, we had to go back another day to get more. A few of my wedding guests who typically do not eat cake even loved it so much, they were asking me if they could take any extra pieces home! :D Alice made the planning process super easy and was very timely and efficient when answering any questions I had. I HIGHLY recommend The Bean Counter Bakery for any couple looking for the perfect wedding cake!
    Julia G. Married on 07/31/2021

Delicious cake!

As someone that loves to bake, having a great wedding cake was at the top of my list. I am so grateful that I worked with Bean Counter Bakery for my wedding in July 2021! Alice is personable, talented, and organized, and took the time to get to know me and my vision for cake. I also have a food allergy, and Alice took special precautions to ensure that I could enjoy my own wedding cake (and all the samples we tried) without worrying. All of the flavors that we sampled were delicious, so it was hard to decide! We ended up going with chocolate cake/chocolate filling and vanilla cake/strawberry cheesecake filling. The cake itself came out beautiful, exactly as I imagined, and it was so delicious! We will definitely use Bean Counter for future events and are so happy we worked with them for our wedding!
    Laura G. Married on 07/03/2021

Delicious and beautiful wedding cake!

Alice and the Bean Counter did a wonderful job with our wedding cake. We found them through our venue (Fruitlands), and heard great things from other couples about their buttercream frosting (no fondant!) which is exactly what we were looking for.

We did our cake tastings during COVID, so we took our samples to go. We went for it and tried 7 different combinations, and Alice even had a sample of banana pudding cake made for us (a non-standard flavor for them, since I was interested in a banana cake option). In the end, we decided on a funfetti cake with raspberry buttercream filling and vanilla buttercream frosting, and it was delicious! The cake itself was light, and there was the right amount of filling and frosting without it being overwhelming - it was one of the best cakes I’ve had. Our guests loved it, and even though we ordered more than enough cake, it was totally finished by the end of the night. Alice also kindly made vegan cupcake versions of our cake for a few of our guests so they could have some, too.

Her team also frosted it beautifully (a simple horizontal stripe pattern), and worked with our florists to add the cake florals for a simple but pretty look.

I highly recommend the Bean Counter to anyone looking for a wedding cake or another event cake that will be delicious and pretty!
  • Angie
    Angie T. Married on 06/20/2021

Delicious!

As dessert lovers, having a wedding cake that was delicious was really important to us. We drove over an hour to try Bean Counter Bakery after receiving multiple recommendations. We had high expectations and were definitely not disappointed. Alice is wonderful; she has so many amazing flavors and worked with us to come up with a cake that looked classy but also reflected our style/preferences. We ended up going with a pretty untraditional wedding cake (chocolate with mocha filling and ganache frosting) and it was a huge hit. Given that she had worked with our venue before, she was actually able to offer us a topping that typically we wouldn’t be able to get in summer. I think the best way to evaluate their quality is the fact that due to covid, our numbers for our wedding were down from 120 to 70 guests. We still ordered enough cake for all 120 thinking we could enjoy our leftovers for weeks after the wedding. The cake was so popular that we had ended up with just a few slices left over, which disappeared quickly over the course of the night. We are very happy we went with Bean Counter Bakery, and will be returning in coming years for some anniversary cake!
    Jessica Married on 11/07/2020

Absolutely amazing experience, couldnt have asked for better

Alice was absolutely fabulous to work with for our wedding cupcakes! They were so delicious and everyone at the wedding loved them! We could not have asked for a better experience! 10 out of 10 highly recommended for any occasion!
    Marielle G. Married on 10/11/2020

Simply the BEST wedding cake

Our wedding cake from the bean counter was fantastic.  We went with an understated, simple cake design for our micro wedding, yet it was truly very elegant and exactly what we wanted.  We didn't really expect guests to comment on the cake, but MANY guests told us how truly beautiful and delicious the cake was.  We loved it and our guests could not get enough either!  We also had to change our wedding plans on short notice due to COVID.  We contacted Alice a month before our micro wedding and she took care of us right away.  We did a tasting, placed the order and on the day of the wedding the bean counter delivered everything seamlessly.  It was easy, perfect and truly the best wedding cake I've ever had.  We will use the bean counter again for any future events and occasions!  Highly recommend that you book with them!
    Kristin S. Married on 10/02/2020

Wedding Cake Delite!

The most wonderful wedding cake we could have imagined. Alice worked with us to get just the right combination of flavors and options to make the bride and groom happy! We did our tasting during COVID and felt safe the whole time. Alice was always willing to go with the changes due to COVID, particularly after our venue had changed from the Worcester area and to Cape Cod. They delivered the perfect cake all the way to us there! The cake was unbelievable, and I look forward to using them for all of my future events! No need to keep looking, BOOK THEM NOW!
  • Amy
    Amy Married on 09/12/2020

Reliable and Delicious!

Our experience with the Bean Counter was excellent. Originally they were included in our venue package but when COVID changed out plans and we relocated our venue we knew we wanted to keep Bean Counter as our bakery! Alice and team were so flexible when we changed things just a few weeks before the wedding. Everything came out perfect! We can't recommend them enough!
  • Judy&Daniel
    Judy&Daniel Married on 08/22/2020

Alice is amazing!

Alice and her team are amazing at what they do. She's been doing this for decades, and has made cakes of all different types and sizes. We ended up having a two layer cake for about 80 people that was light on the frosting and emphasized some natural flowers. Bean Counter Bakery delivered from Worcester to our venue at The Oceanview of Nahant in their special cake-mobile, and they beautifully decorated the cake with flowers left form our florist. There are so many details about the wedding cake that Bean Counter Bakery has mastered. For example, our pinterest cake pins were a lot of four layer cakes, so there were some artistic subtleties that needed to be addressed translating designs to a two layer cake. Alice automatically saw that and was really patient explaining and drawing pictures to us. Our families were also blown away by how the cake tasted; they were expecting a cake that was too sweet or too dense, whereas the cake ended up just being delicious.
    Kasie B. Married on 02/29/2020

The Most Delicious Cake You'll Ever Taste!

Our guests are still raving about our wedding cake (and we got married 8 months ago)!

I've been planning weddings in the Boston market for 10+ years and every time one of my clients shares just how much they love dessert and how important the taste / flavor of their wedding cake will be... I ALWAYS bring them to Alice. The cakes that come out of this bake shop are absolutely delicious and the flavor options are endless! My husband and I ended up choosing three flavors for our cake (Vanilla Buttercream with Rainbow Chips and Funfetti Cake (just like my mother-in-law use to make when my husband was a kid), White Chocolate Peppermint Buttercream and Chocolate Cake (think Peppermint Pattie!), and White Chocolate Amaretto Buttercream with Fresh Strawberries and Vanilla Cake (one of my mom's specialties)! All three were DELICIOUS!!!!

In addition to being super tasty, Alice and her team did an incredible job with the design. I am pretty particular about wedding design / décor and wanted the color of the cake to match perfectly. We chose to do some color blocking with a soft blue over the natural cream so during our tasting I left Alice one of our wedding invitations so she could use it as a reference to create the custom color for our design... IT CAME OUT PERFECT!

All in all I could not be happier with our wedding cake and highly recommend Alice and her team to anyone planning a wedding! If you love delicious dessert then you won't be disappointed!!
    Matthew L. Married on 11/16/2019

Absolutely Beautiful!

When my husband and I were looking for the perfect dessert vendor, we knew right away that nothing compared to Bean Counter. The quality of the desserts, wide variety, and working with Alice were unmatched! My jaw dropped when I finally saw our cake at the reception. It was unlike anything I'd ever seen. Alice had made hydrangea sugar flowers with a blue shade that matched my bridesmaids' dresses. The flowers covered the top tier of the cake. I was blown away! Guests couldn't stop raving about how delicious the wedding cake was and our small desserts all selected from the Bean Counter. If you are looking in the Worcester area, I just want to say that I have reached out to every dessert vendor in the area. When I told them that I wanted a traditional wedding cake, some of them even recommended Bean Counter to me. I felt like this was the easiest decision we made. Work with Alice, pick Bean Counter, have a great experience!!
    Marisa R. Married on 10/26/2019

They make the best cake!!

We got married on 10/26/19 in Princeton, MA. We got our cake made by Alice and they delivered it to our venue! The cake is so amazing! I ate all the leftovers within a week. She uses the best ingredients and the cake was beautiful! She gives you many options on how you want the wedding cake to look. She is so nice and a pleasure to work with during the wedding planning process.
    Lauren Married on 10/19/2019

Wedding cake was so beautiful and delicious!

My husband and I aren't even cake people but our cake was absolutely beautiful and delicious! Alice was great to work with - it is hard as the wedding approaches finalizing details and Alice took it upon herself to email our venue for a final guest count which we appreciated so much! We bought our own cake topper and had our florist provide cake flowers and our coordinator left all that on the cake table and Alice handled it all. We saved the top tier but on our first anniversary Alice will bake a fresh top tier for our anniversary!
    Alice and staff really know what they are doing and the cake was SO good!
    Christin Married on 10/12/2019

Delicious wedding cake

The cake was part of my wedding package from the venue. The cake was delicious. The cake itself was very nicely done.
  • Rebecca
    Rebecca P. Married on 10/05/2019

Our guests couldn't get enough!

Alice at Bean Counter was an absolute angel! Not only did she help us design the wedding cake and cupcake spread of our dreams, she was incredibly helpful and professional with accommodating for allergies in the guest list and wedding party. One of our guests had severe allergies to several extremely common ingredients, to the point that she had not been able to safely have cake for almost a decade. Alice was able to accommodate every single allergy, and the guest was so happy she cried at the reception, saying it was one of the best cupcakes she had ever had. She wasn't the only one: our guests DEVOURED the cupcakes, and everyone raved about them all night! Delivery was prompt, everything was perfect, and Alice was an absolute joy to work with.
    Gwen Married on 09/28/2019

I dont like cake but this was delicious

Amazing cake. So good. I don't like cake pretty much ever. This cake was so great.

They are super great at the tasting, and really take time to figure out what exactly you want and how you want it to look.

Super friendly and helpful and they make amazing cake.

Ours was included with the wedding package from the Chocksett Inn so I'm not sure how much it would cost straight out.
  • Barbara
    Barbara W. Married on 09/28/2019

The most delicious wedding cake

We had the most delicious wedding cake thanks to The Bean Counter! Our wedding venue caterer only works with The Bean Counter and one other local bakery, so we tried samples at two bakeries and thought The Bean Counter was the clear winner. Their cake is gorgeous with a wonderful crumb, their buttercream is some of the best I've ever had, and their fillings are delishious, inventive, and freshly made. We opted for a lemon curd and raspberry filling that was a spectacular hit . At my husband's request, we also opted for funfetti cake, which was a fun treat for our guests. I only wish the bakery was closer to our home so that we could enjoy it often!
  • Ariel
    Ariel Married on 09/21/2019

Cake perfection!

Alice and her team were amazing to work with from day one. My husband has celiacs disease, so we needed to have a gluten free tasting. Alice was more than accommodating for this need. Her gluten free cakes are super moist and flavorful, which is not an easy thing to do. She made us a 6” gf groom’s cake in the same style as our typical cake. Our typical cake was absolutely delicious! I brought the leftovers to work with me after the wedding and a coworker that’s getting married asked for Alice’s and Bean Counter Bakery’s information. It’s not an exaggeration-her cakes really are THAT good!
  • Kimberlee
    Kimberlee Married on 09/07/2019

Great tasting cake, and it looked good too!

Alice from The Bean Counter was wonderful to work with. She did an amazing job capturing the look I wanted for my wedding cake. The flavors were TO DIE FOR. From the frosting, to the filling, to the cake itself - all of it is absolutely delicious. The Bean Counter also offers gluten free options which worked out perfectly for me as many of my guests were allergic to gluten. I would highly recommend The Bean Counter to anyone!!!
    Tiffany Married on 08/24/2019

Delicious!!!

The most delicious wedding cake i have ever had!!! Great service easy to work with and i had people asking me for more cake the day after i could not be happier with their product thank you soo much!
  • Alyssa
    Alyssa Married on 08/10/2019

Amazing cake

The service and cake was all amazing
    Erica M. Married on 07/26/2019

Always amazing!

Alice and the talented artists at the Bean Counter are always a pleasure to work with. My sister got her wedding cake here and it was delicious, so this is the only bakery I went to for a tasting. I had a very specific vision for my wedding cake, and at the tasting Alice sketched it out and helped tweak the design until it was absolutely perfect. I had created a monogram that I used across different printed materials, and they recreated it so wonderfully with frosting. I tried 6 different flavors at the tasting, and it was difficult to narrow it down to 2 flavors! We ended up with White Chocolate Strawberry and S'mores. Both were a hit!
  • Elizabeth
    Elizabeth D. Married on 06/15/2019

Stunning and Delicious Gluten Free and Traditional Cakes!!

Alice and the Bean Counter Bakery did a phenomenal job with our wedding cakes! Alice and her team were fantastic to work with throughout the entire process. My husband and I wanted to sample both gluten-free and traditional cake options, and Alice was extremely accommodating and generous with our tasting samples. We were blown away by the delicious taste of all the cakes we sampled. Alice was very helpful and attentive to detail in our preferences for the wedding cake designs, and even matched the cake fondant to a fabric swatch sample we sent. Wow! We were so impressed by her work that, in addition to our traditional and gluten-free wedding cakes, we also ordered several cheesecakes to serve at our post-wedding brunch. Alice delivered everything to our wedding in western Massachusetts in perfect condition. The cakes were stunning and delicious – our guests happily devoured all the desserts. We thought we’d have gluten-free cake left over since only a few guests required gluten-free options, but they were so delicious that they too were quickly gone! We could not have been happier and highly recommend working with Alice for your wedding.
  • Cassie
    Cassie F. Married on 06/07/2019

Tasty and Beautiful Cake!

Alice and her team at he bean counter bakery were Amazing! She was attentive to detail and incorporated all our requests, including minions :)
    Not only did the cake look fantastic, it also tasted amazing!
  • Angela
    Angela G. Married on 05/25/2019

Fantastic results

Alice was very accommodating to our needs and budget. We enjoyed the tasting and she educated us about high end baking. I recommend their work very highly.
    Angela