159 Reviews for Basnight's Lone Cedar Cafe

Nut Free (1)
Liquor License (1)
Outside Alcohol (1)
118 Basnight's Lone Cedar Cafe Reviews

Lone Cedar catered my wedding this past weekend and the food was phenomenal!! All my guests ranted and raved about how delicious everything was and most went back for more. I had the joy of have Jade there with us the day of and she made sure and husband and I were fed and happy and that the buffet stayed full. The food was incredible and the staff was even better. Thank you Lone Cedar!!!

Profile Picture Hope, 5/18/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Local, Seafood, Vegetarian, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Tastings, Bartender(s)

Victoria and Caroline with Basnight's Lone Cedar Café catering were absolutely amazing to work with. They were super responsive and easy to work with, and helped to guide me through the whole process, because I had no idea what I was doing, or what I wanted, so they made sure I wasn't lost, and helped me figure everything out! I live 2 and a half hours away from the caterer, and the venue I used, so all of our communication was over email and over the phone, but they still made sure I was kept up to date, and was happy with all of my choices. the food for the reception was absolutely fantastic, and all of the wedding guests told me how great they thought the food was!! we had a brunch-buffet style menu, and several of the guests mentioned how much they loved the veggie egg casserole, so if you're planning on a brunch or breakfast reception, I definitely recommend including that!! Basnight's also made our wedding cake, and it turned out beautiful and delicious! everyone said how good it was, and I agree completely! I highly highly highly recommend using basnight's lone cedar café to cater your wedding.

Profile Picture Bennett, 5/18/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Breakfast/Brunch, Buffet, Cake, Cake Cutting, Custom Menu, Server(s), Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up

Basnight's Lone Cedar Cafe provided us with with a great rehearsal dinner as well as a great wedding! We, our friends and family very much enjoyed the meal. Basnight's Lone Cedar Cafe staff also provided wonderful service and were great to work with for the entire event.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 5/11/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

The reception was great. Kindness of the staff was exceptional. I recommend LoneCedar for any event

Profile Picture Donna, 4/20/18, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Loved working with Victoria and Basnights, everything was so wonderful. The food was amazing and I can’t say enough about how great the servers and bar tenders were during my daughters April wedding.
Don’t go anywhere else! They’re the best!

Profile Picture Jane, 4/13/18, 1 Review
Category: Catering

The crew at Banights's Lone Cedar did an outstanding job for Brittany's wedding.
I didn't have to worry about a thing. Victoria and Caroline were very helpful during planning and the staffs service was flawless. We have two more daughters so hope to get to use Basnights again soon!

Profile Picture Chip, 4/6/18, 1 Review
Category: Catering

We are more than thrilled with our choice of Lone Cedar for our wedding catering! From our tasting, we knew we made the right choice with such amazing food. Our guests raved about how good our food was. Victoria was VERY responsive and was super helpful in planning our menu. They even made us to go boxes for our long car ride to our honeymoon after the reception. We would choose Lone Cedar over and over again!

Profile Picture Lindsey, 11/18/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

I can't say enough good things about Basnight's Lone Cedar. They were patient and accommodating with me when I was being a flaky bride who couldn't figure out what I wanted or what I could afford. They answered all my questions and inquiries professionally and helpfully and worked with me to make my limited budget work! The food, as always was phenomenal. ( I dine here regularly when I visit OBX and it is always a highlight of my trip) Three beautifully prepared and scrumptious trays for pick up turned my very humble home spun afternoon "snack" reception into a min- feast! I highly recommend them whether you have them provide full catering or just a few items. It was difficult to find caterers who would even agree to providing what I asked with such a limited need, but the staff at Basnight's truly treated me as if I were as important to them as a full catering client.

Profile Picture Cynthia, 10/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Lone Cedar was such a pleasure to work with! They made the process so easy and Victoria was so quick to respond. She was so knowledgable in the services they offered! I really enjoyed working with them, not to mention, our wedding food was OUT OF THIS WORLD!!!! We had so many compliments about it!! I definitely recommend Lone Cedar for any event!!

Profile Picture Samantha, 8/12/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

Victoria was wonderful to work with. She was responsive and willing to work with any changes I needed made. Our guests raved about the food; they packed up our leftovers for us at the end of the night; all the workers were pleasant and very helpful. Worth every penny.

Profile Picture Bernadette, 8/6/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Gluten Free, Vegan, Vegetarian, Buffet, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Tastings, American, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Bartender(s)

Victoria was great during my wedding planning process. The staff was friendly and tentative, the food was delicious and the location by the water is awesome.

Profile Picture Takeetha, 8/5/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake

I had a 25th anniversary dinner catered by Lone Cedar Cafe in an ocean front beach cottage we were renting. Victoria with whom I worked with to come up with a menu that worked for our dinner was awesome and had wonderful ideas! The Chef and sever showed up in plenty of time to "size up" the situation and were awesome! The food was prepared to perfection and served perfectly. The chef and the server were just perfect for our group and enough could not have been said about the service and the meal. I think we'll do it again next year and just come up with a reason to celebrate as it was that good.

Profile Picture Barry, 7/31/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Absolutely loved everything about Basnight's Lone Cedar Cafe! We chose them to cater my daughter's wedding at Jennette's Pier in the Outer Banks and their services and food were absolutely great. We met with Victoria, the catering manager, numerous times and communicated by phone and email regularly. She was happy to provide varied menus with pricing and help us to make choices and changes to match our budget. We were able to make as many changes as we wanted right up until the final count day. They were happy to do a sit-down dinner, which was not popular in our discussion with several other vendors. Pricing was also very reasonable for the menu. When we needed recommendations Victoria was extremely helpful. We were so happy with our meetings that we also recommended having Basnight's cater the rehearsal dinner on a sunset cruise aboard the Crystal Dawn.

After experiencing their food and services on the cruise we were so confident and thrilled knowing they would be doing the wedding the next day. Some of the staff were the same and we all felt like friends by the end of the wedding. Service was phenomenal! We walked out of the wedding ceremony and were met by a staff member with nice cold beverages before heading to the beach for pictures. All of our guests and family raved about the food and we received an extremely long email completely just about the delicious cake Basnight's also provided!

Also as an add-on comment......... Basnight's has an absolutely beautiful setting of it's own. After the rehearsal dinner cruise we headed back there for a casual get together with any wedding guests who chose to join us in their bar. In reality just about every wedding guest came and we took over the bar. I'm sure this discouraged other restaurants guests from entering the area but Basnight's could not have been more welcoming and accommodating.

We loved everything and had absolutely no complaints ever while planning the wedding or with the services provided!!

Profile Picture Colleen, 7/3/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Cake, Cake Cutting, Custom Menu, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Gluten Free, Vegan, Vegetarian, American, Local, Sandwiches, Seafood, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast

I cannot say one bad thing about Basnights as a caterer! We had our wedding down in Hatteras at the Civic Center and Basnights providing everything we needed for dinner. The food, dishware, glassware for table and the bar, silverware and the food was AMAZING! I'm in the event industry so I was, naturally, hesitant to book a caterer when I had never had their food and didn't do a tasting. I couldn't have been more pleased and we had so many guests comment on how good ALL of the food was. I was BEYOND thrilled with our entire experience and they even sent us a holiday card which was so unexpected and sweet. I would recommend them to anyone and everyone.

Profile Picture Tara, 6/26/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, American, BBQ, Local, Sandwiches, Seafood, Bartender(s), Gluten Free, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Custom Menu, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s)

Victoria with Lone Cedar was fantastic. I was able to go through my wedding menu with her and she gave wonderful suggestions along the way. She was very professional throughout the whole process. The food was out of this world delicious and all my guests meals were warm. I would use them again!

Profile Picture kristen, 6/10/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

Absolute faultless on the day, awesome food ??, 100 satisfied guests is no mean feat, well done to all at lone cedar, we are so pleased we chose you to cater our daughters wedding

Profile Picture john, 6/9/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

We planned my daughter's wedding at a beautiful home in Corolla in three short months, with my family in Chapel Hill and the bride and groom in South Carolina. Basnight's Lone Cedar Cafe was amazing, responding to our initial inquiry quickly and thoroughly, offering suggestions tailored to our specific event, adjusting immediately and efficiently to changes in numbers or plan for the day, and even supplying the meals for our day after party which happened to be Mother's Day! Servers were friendly, courteous and professional, bartender was amazing and the food, from the Low Country Boil, to the Key Lime Cake to the Ice Cream Bar was outstanding. Leftovers were packaged and labeled and the kitchen left spotless. Our experience was wonderful and we will definitely use Basnight's Lone Cedar for our future events! Thanks to Victoria and her staff!
The Krafte Family

Profile Picture MJ, 5/13/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Cake

Basnight's Lone Cedar Catering was a fantastic partner in our daughter's wedding at Jennette's Pier, Nags Head NC on May 13, 2017. We live in MN so managed this long distance with the help of our wedding planner. Victoria at Lone Cedar was responsive, helpful and flexible from the beginning! She worked with us to meet our needs and budget. We visited Nags Head a couple months before the wedding to finalize the plans directly. It was great to meet her in person! The food was very good and we did hear this from numerous guests. It was served hot, fresh and timely. They supplied the bartender, as well. Thank you so very much for your important role in making the wedding really quite perfect!

Profile Picture Mary Ellen, 5/13/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

Victoria was fantastic to work with and helped to make our wedding the most memorable! The food was incredible and the special naked chocolate and banana cake was a huge success. We were so happy with their work that some of our guests took us to Basnight's the following week. We have no complaints and we were completely satisfied. They went above and beyond to make our day special.

Profile Picture Donna, 11/5/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Wedding Cake

Basnight's was great! They were responsive and easy to work with and had the best price for the quality and variety in their menu. The food was delicious. And they were very forgiving and understanding knowing the stress of planning a wedding. The provide everything you need, and were one of the most all-inclusive and transparent professionals I worked with during the wedding. I highly recommend them!

Profile Picture Sydney, 11/5/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Amazing staff and service! 6 days after hurricane Matthew without power, Lone Cedar pulled off the most amazing rehearsal dinner, reception, and wedding cake! Above and beyond, exceeding expectations, so thankful we used Lone Cedar, simply the best!

Profile Picture Misty, 10/15/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Lone Cedar did an amazing job catering my wedding and rehearsal dinner! My wedding was the week after Hurricane Matthew hit the Outer Banks. Lone cedar didn't have power the week leading up to it still managed to pull everything off without a hitch! My rehearsal dinner was held in the downstairs area of their beautiful waterfront restaurant. I was very impressed with the food and service at my rehearsal dinner and wedding. Victoria and Caroline made it so easy and took care of all the details. One of my favorite things about my wedding was the cake! After getting outrageous price quotes from other vendors, Lone Cedar gave me a very reasonable price and 100% exceeded my expectations. My cake looked exactly like the Pinterest picture I brought in and was the best wedding cake I've ever tasted!

Profile Picture Natasha, 10/15/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Cake

I'm going to break this down, to where it helps those seeking a catering service for their wedding or event can actually figure out information that may be helpful!
First off, my wife and I are currently living in Virginia, 2+ hours away from the OBX and our wedding venue. Victoria (catering manager), Caroline, and Lone Cedar as a whole, were always available, quick to respond to questions, and went out of their way to help and guide us through the whole ordeal. With us being out of town, we had to talk on the phone, emails, etc... for the duration of communication leading up to our wedding.
Secondly, while many may try samples of food at the wedding expo, or maybe you've eaten at Lone Cedar numerous times, there are different food options they offer through their catering that isn't served at expos or even in the restaurant. This will allow you a diverse and pretty awesome selection of apps and entree selections you may not be aware of. (Make sure to try the fried mac n cheese bites)
Third, planning on getting married during the summer or early-mid fall and worried about a hurricane? Well, it happened to us, and what was suppose to be nothing at all, ended up knocking down every power line in the area of Lone Cedar. While our reception was at a different location, one must take into account the restaurant storing, prepping and preparing food for the event, etc... Lone Cedar assured us, everything was fine and everything was a go! Reassurance like this for a stressing bride is invaluable!
Lastly, our food was amazing! The value was amazing. You can't really go wrong with selecting Lone Cedar for your catering services! I don't know how many people came up to us bragging about how great the food and service was throughout the entire reception! Feel free to shop around, talk to other people, but don't be surprised when you come back to Lone Cedar ready to sign up!

Profile Picture Dallas, 10/14/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Victoria was wonderful to work with in order to plan my special day. I was 8 hours away and her correspondence with me via email was fantastic! For over 5 months we would communicate about my wedding plans and she made everything so easy for my family and I to make all of the arrangements. The food was fantastic, the service was great and the prices were reasonable. I would highly recommend using Victoria and planning any type of event with Lone Cedar Cafe. Everything was perfect!

Profile Picture Tracey, 9/25/16, 2 Reviews