Basnight's Lone Cedar Cafe Reviews

Basnight's Lone Cedar Cafe 7
  • George

George Bonner · Getting married on 02/04/2021

Retirement Reception

The Basnight's Lone Cedar team was tremendous in making my Retirement Reception uniquely special. Following a 30 year career in the U.S. Coast Guard, my ceremony included over 150 diverse guests of shipmates, friends, and family from across the country. The Lone Cedar facility was the perfect venue to provide waterfront views and indoor and outdoor spaces. The planning team was extremely helpful throughout and their attention to detail was unsurpassed. Most importantly, the local seafood and professional staff were remarkable!!!

Sent on 05/24/2019
  • Sorin

Sorin Avel · Married on 09/20/2019

Nags Head - catering

Victoria was very accommodating in letting us customize our menu for the event, everything was ready in time and food was absolutely delicious and portions were quite large. Thanks so much and I can't recommend highly enough!

Sent on 09/24/2019

Tracy Lusch · Married on 09/08/2019

Wedding dinner

We had our wedding dinner at Basnight's in August. This was a second wedding for both my husband and I so we wanted something small and intimate yet special for our day. We had about 35 guests and used the back room for a private gathering. The entire staff was helpful, polite, and worked very hard to make our evening a huge success. The view was amazing and the food even better! I can't recommend this venue high enough. I had a few special requests and all were met and exceeded. Our guests are still raving about the food. They let us come in early that day and decorate the room. I had my own idea of how the room should be set up which differed from their suggestion and they went with my idea without hesitation or question. This place is local, supports the local fisherman and you can tell in the taste of the seafood. We would choose Basnight's every time for our catering needs.

Sent on 10/02/2019

Tracy,

Thank you so much for your kind words. We are thrilled you picked Basnight's to celebrate this happy day, and even more, that we were able to meet you expectations. Please come see us again!

Warmly,
    Basnight's Catering Team

Christine Krupski · Married on 08/28/2019

Wonderful Experience!!

Wonderful - delicious food! Very prompt, courtesy, friendly service! Highly recommend!! Loved the shrimp and grits!! Thank you for making my daughter & son-in-law's wedding special!

Sent on 09/29/2019

Lisa · Married on 06/29/2019

Absolutely perfect!

We had the very best experience with Lone Cedar to the point where we hired them for both our rehearsal dinner and our wedding reception! The food is AMAZING and every interaction we had with them throughout the planning process was incredible. Everyone we worked with was prepared, kind, thorough, and cared about making both of our events perfect and special. Wedding planning can be so overwhelming, but working with them was a breeze. They knew exactly what questions to ask and worked with us when changes came up. I always felt comfortable talking with them and all of our guests loved our food! The staff with us for our wedding reception was so thoughtful and made sure my groom and I were taken care of every step of the way. We cannot recommend them highly enough!!!

Sent on 08/21/2019

Lindsey · Married on 06/21/2019

Incredible Catering

From the day we met at the OBX wedding expo, Maggie and the Lone Cedar catering team were nothing short of amazing. Throughout the entire planning process, Maggie answered all of our questions promptly, was super patient with us during our menu selection process (have you LOOKED at the amount of options they have to customize your big day?!), and was extremely kind and accommodating when we had to make some last minute adjustments to meals. And our families, even weeks after the wedding, are trying to figure out how they can replicate the Parmesan encrusted chicken with cream sauce!!

Thank you so very much for being a part of our special day! Even though the main restaurant is further south from where we normally stay in OBX, we definitely plan on going out of our way to eat the amazing food again (perhaps the chicken AND Asian fried shrimp?!) and bring us right back to all the good memories!

Hope to see you soon!

Love,
    The Pandak’s

Sent on 07/06/2019
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 06/11/2019

Wedding catering done well!

Not being from the area, it’s risky to pick a catering place never trying the food before, and then serving over 100 guests in hopes it is as amazing as you dreamed of. Throughout our catering journey and planning process, Maggie helped put us all at ease many times with her great communication, flexibility, menu selection, variety of offerings, and timely answering/mitigating all our questions or concerns. In addition, thank you to the owner and serving staff who ensured our wedding experience was positive. There’s a reason this team has been in business for as long as they have, and we are so thankful to have picked and worked with them!!! Thank you again for everything! Our day was amazing and the food was spectacular.

Sent on 06/17/2019
  • Deirdre

Deirdre Orem · Married on 06/04/2019

Delicious Reception Dinner

We hired Lone Cedar for our reception dinner and everything was perfect – we opted for their crab dip, caprese skewers and mini fried chicken and waffles (so good!) for the cocktail hour and pulled pork, steak tips, potatoes and green beans with corn bread and rolls buffet style for the main dinner. The food was delicious and the entire serving team highly efficient. I worked directly with Victoria and Maggie, both of whom were very responsive and helpful in making decisions to narrow down our menu choices. I’d highly recommend the Lone Cedar team for any of your catering needs!

Sent on 04/20/2019
  • Marissa

Marissa Liverman · Married on 04/12/2019

Responsive, Amazing Food, Smooth Process

We went back and forth about getting our wedding catered so we decided last minute about a month and half before our big day to do so. I had been to Basnight’s before for dinner and enjoyed it as well as I remembered how good their food was at the Wedding Expo in January. I emailed Maggie and heard back from her the next day. After going back and forth about the food we wanted within a few days she sent us a menu example with pricing. Then we were able to set up a tasting the next week where they gave us so much food to try. Unfortunately we were not able to try some of things we talked about having on our menu but we made a joke that we ate like Kings and Queens that day. Maggie finalized our menu with us the weeks to follow and we talked again a week before the wedding to finalize everything. She really did make everything easy and I had no doubt everything would run smoothly food wise on our big day. The food was amazing on our day as expected and we heard nothing but great things from our guest. The chef even made sure we had our own plates set aside so we could eat when we had the time to. Our guest especially loved the Asian shrimp and prime rib sliders! They cleaned up and even left behind all the left overs so our guest had plenty of food for a late night snack. The Basnight’s team is absolutely amazing!

Sent on 05/24/2019
  • Frieda

Frieda · Married on 11/24/2018

Delectable, Hospitable & Elegant

5 out of 5 starts is an understatement. Lone Cedar catering was hands down the best decision! They were punctual in more ways than one. Communication was a breeze and they were accommodating on the budget and the mix match in our food choices from different menus. The sweet potato biscuits- out of this world and so is the crab dip! The servers are dressed nicely and their equipment is well kept. Lone Cedar is a family owned and operated business here on the Outer Banks which made choosing them more appealing. Thank you, Maggie, Caroline, and Lone Cedar crew for everything and appeasing even the pickiest of eaters!

Sent on 12/29/2018
  • Jackie

Jackie · Married on 10/06/2018

Above and Beyond Catering

Basnight's catered both our rehearsal dinner and our wedding night (and provided bartender services) and were absolutely amazing. They didn't just show up to serve food, they added to the entire positive atmosphere of the events. They set aside food for my husband and I to make sure we tried all the food at our wedding (which was absolutely delicious!!! So many amazing, fresh, local options), the bartender (I believe his name was Eric) was a HUGE hit with everyone getting drinks, let me just say no one went thirsty haha, and Victoria was amazing this entire year helping us to plan every detail of the food from our tasting to the night of and made sure we had everything we needed. Thank you so much - everything was above and beyond our expectations!!

Sent on 10/18/2018

Emily · Married on 09/22/2018

The Basnight's Lone cedar café catering team was incredible for our 9/22/2018 wedding. We had done a taste testing with them a year prior and the food was delicious so we knew our wedding was going to be great. There were multiple people at the wedding with a tree nut allergy and Victoria triple checked and assured me that the food would be cooked separately which I really appreciated. Victoria and catering staff were so easy to contact and work with. Since our wedding, we've heard from so many of our guests raving about the food and we can not recommend Basnight's enough!!

Sent on 10/14/2018

Jennifer · Married on 09/21/2018

Amazing! Victoria and her team were awesome! They worked with us throughout the process and delivered exactly what we wanted! My guests are still raving about the food!!

Sent on 10/11/2018

Heidi · Married on 08/21/2018

My husband and I used Basnight's Lone Cedar Cafe catering for our wedding in August. We couldn't have been happier with the service we received from Basnight's! We worked mostly with Victoria who was very helpful with answering all of our questions and always responded in a timely manner. The catering options were endless and Victoria made sure we had everything we would need at our wedding. We used the catering services as well as their staff for our bar. staff and food was AMAZING!!! All of our guests enjoyed the blackened local catch, baked Parmesan crusted chicken breast, and the london broil. We had the sweet potato ham biscuits for one of our cocktail hour appetizers which were really good too! The food was fresh, presentation was perfect, and the taste was even better! Some of our friends and family traveled down to get more the next day! We highly recommend Basnight's for any catering needs on the OBX as well as for a great dining experience! We will definitely be back down next year! Thank you for everything !!

Sent on 09/26/2018
    Basnight's Lone Cedar Cafe 15
    Basnight's Lone Cedar Cafe 16
    Basnight's Lone Cedar Cafe 17

Melissa · Married on 07/25/2018

We had a last minute venue change, so we literally had 2 weeks to plan pretty much everything. I cannot tell you how fantastic and accommodating Victoria, Caroline, and the staff at The Lone Cedar were. They even made our cake!!!! The cake was just as delicious as it was beautiful. Our meal was amazing as always, and the service was impeccable. They made what could have been an incredibly stressful time for us into a very enjoyable experience from start to finish.

Sent on 08/16/2018
    Basnight's Lone Cedar Cafe 18
    Basnight's Lone Cedar Cafe 19

sue · event on 06/24/2018

Everything was perfect - only thing I would have done different is not gone with horseshoe style table for 40+ people - it was too tight by the entrance where the bar was.

Sent on 06/06/2018

Hope · Married on 05/18/2018

Lone Cedar catered my wedding this past weekend and the food was phenomenal!! All my guests ranted and raved about how delicious everything was and most went back for more. I had the joy of have Jade there with us the day of and she made sure and husband and I were fed and happy and that the buffet stayed full. The food was incredible and the staff was even better. Thank you Lone Cedar!!!

Sent on 05/21/2018

Hope,

Thank you so much for your kind words! We were so excited to be party of your big day. Everything was absolutely beautiful! :)

Bennett · Married on 05/18/2018

Victoria and Caroline with Basnight's Lone Cedar Café catering were absolutely amazing to work with. They were super responsive and easy to work with, and helped to guide me through the whole process, because I had no idea what I was doing, or what I wanted, so they made sure I wasn't lost, and helped me figure everything out! I live 2 and a half hours away from the caterer, and the venue I used, so all of our communication was over email and over the phone, but they still made sure I was kept up to date, and was happy with all of my choices. the food for the reception was absolutely fantastic, and all of the wedding guests told me how great they thought the food was!! we had a brunch-buffet style menu, and several of the guests mentioned how much they loved the veggie egg casserole, so if you're planning on a brunch or breakfast reception, I definitely recommend including that!! Basnight's also made our wedding cake, and it turned out beautiful and delicious! everyone said how good it was, and I agree completely! I highly highly highly recommend using basnight's lone cedar café to cater your wedding. <3

Sent on 06/08/2018

Basnight's Lone Cedar Cafe's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words!!! We are thrilled you loved the Veggie Egg Casserole (it's a favorite of ours too)! We hope to see you in the future. :)

Melinda · Married on 05/12/2018

Basnights was simply amazing! They were, off the bat, super responsive to my emails and inquiries and provided me with answers to all of my questions! They offered many examples of menus and were very flexible with my budget and what I was looking for. We even went in and personally met with the chef to do a tasting- he was very knowledgable and did an AWESOME job the day of the event (kudos Ron!). I would most definitely recommend them to anyone- the food was great!!

Sent on 08/14/2018

Jennifer · Married on 05/11/2018

Basnight's Lone Cedar Cafe provided us with with a great rehearsal dinner as well as a great wedding! We, our friends and family very much enjoyed the meal. Basnight's Lone Cedar Cafe staff also provided wonderful service and were great to work with for the entire event.

Sent on 06/10/2018

Basnight's Lone Cedar Cafe's reply:

Thank you so much for the feedback. We were so excited to have been able to be part of not only your big day, but you rehearsal as well! Best Wishes!

Donna · Married on 04/20/2018

The reception was great. Kindness of the staff was exceptional. I recommend LoneCedar for any event

Sent on 04/24/2018

Basnight's Lone Cedar Cafe's reply:

Thank you for you review Donna. We are so happy we had the chance to be a part of it. :)

Jane · Married on 04/13/2018

Loved working with Victoria and Basnights, everything was so wonderful. The food was amazing and I can’t say enough about how great the servers and bar tenders were during my daughters April wedding.
    Don’t go anywhere else! They’re the best!

Sent on 05/11/2018

Chip · Married on 04/06/2018

The crew at Banights's Lone Cedar did an outstanding job for Brittany's wedding.
    I didn't have to worry about a thing. Victoria and Caroline were very helpful during planning and the staffs service was flawless. We have two more daughters so hope to get to use Basnights again soon!

Sent on 06/06/2018

Basnight's Lone Cedar Cafe's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words, and we would love too! You all are such a joy to work with.

Margaret · event on 03/19/2018

Victoria met with us to plan a rehearsal dinner. Although, as it turned out, we weren't able to use Basnight's, due to the size of our group and space availability, Victoria could not have been more cheerful, friendly, and helpful. In addition to venue and menu information, she had suggestions for everything from decor to hotel accommodations.
    Highly recommended!

Sent on 03/18/2018

Jeanette · event on 11/23/2017

We catered our Thanksgiving dinner this year from Basnight's Lone Cedar catering. From the moment I contacted this establishment, I was met with professionalism, friendliness, and the most responsive and helpful people. Questions were answered by email almost immediately, and by the time all was said and done, I almost felt like I had a friend!

Our Thanksgiving dinner was absolutely delicious, in fact, I liked their stuffing and gravy and mashed potatoes better than my own! The turkey was fresh and packaged nicely. Cranberry relish was very good, and the rolls were fresh and wonderful.

I recommend this catering establishment wholeheartedly, and I'm looking forward to trying the restaurant the next time we are in the OBX.

Sent on 11/28/2017

Basnight's Lone Cedar Cafe's reply:

Thank you so much for your gracious review. We are thrilled you chose us to be part of your special family celebration! :)