Basnight's Lone Cedar Cafe Reviews

Basnight's Lone Cedar Cafe 7
  • George

George Bonner · Getting married on 02/04/2021

Retirement Reception

The Basnight's Lone Cedar team was tremendous in making my Retirement Reception uniquely special. Following a 30 year career in the U.S. Coast Guard, my ceremony included over 150 diverse guests of shipmates, friends, and family from across the country. The Lone Cedar facility was the perfect venue to provide waterfront views and indoor and outdoor spaces. The planning team was extremely helpful throughout and their attention to detail was unsurpassed. Most importantly, the local seafood and professional staff were remarkable!!!

Sent on 05/24/2019
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 06/11/2019

Wedding catering done well!

Not being from the area, it’s risky to pick a catering place never trying the food before, and then serving over 100 guests in hopes it is as amazing as you dreamed of. Throughout our catering journey and planning process, Maggie helped put us all at ease many times with her great communication, flexibility, menu selection, variety of offerings, and timely answering/mitigating all our questions or concerns. In addition, thank you to the owner and serving staff who ensured our wedding experience was positive. There’s a reason this team has been in business for as long as they have, and we are so thankful to have picked and worked with them!!! Thank you again for everything! Our day was amazing and the food was spectacular.

Sent on 06/17/2019
  • Deirdre

Deirdre Orem · Married on 06/04/2019

Delicious Reception Dinner

We hired Lone Cedar for our reception dinner and everything was perfect – we opted for their crab dip, caprese skewers and mini fried chicken and waffles (so good!) for the cocktail hour and pulled pork, steak tips, potatoes and green beans with corn bread and rolls buffet style for the main dinner. The food was delicious and the entire serving team highly efficient. I worked directly with Victoria and Maggie, both of whom were very responsive and helpful in making decisions to narrow down our menu choices. I’d highly recommend the Lone Cedar team for any of your catering needs!

Sent on 04/20/2019
  • Marissa

Marissa Liverman · Married on 04/12/2019

Responsive, Amazing Food, Smooth Process

We went back and forth about getting our wedding catered so we decided last minute about a month and half before our big day to do so. I had been to Basnight’s before for dinner and enjoyed it as well as I remembered how good their food was at the Wedding Expo in January. I emailed Maggie and heard back from her the next day. After going back and forth about the food we wanted within a few days she sent us a menu example with pricing. Then we were able to set up a tasting the next week where they gave us so much food to try. Unfortunately we were not able to try some of things we talked about having on our menu but we made a joke that we ate like Kings and Queens that day. Maggie finalized our menu with us the weeks to follow and we talked again a week before the wedding to finalize everything. She really did make everything easy and I had no doubt everything would run smoothly food wise on our big day. The food was amazing on our day as expected and we heard nothing but great things from our guest. The chef even made sure we had our own plates set aside so we could eat when we had the time to. Our guest especially loved the Asian shrimp and prime rib sliders! They cleaned up and even left behind all the left overs so our guest had plenty of food for a late night snack. The Basnight’s team is absolutely amazing!

Sent on 05/24/2019
  • Frieda

Frieda · Married on 11/24/2018

Delectable, Hospitable & Elegant

5 out of 5 starts is an understatement. Lone Cedar catering was hands down the best decision! They were punctual in more ways than one. Communication was a breeze and they were accommodating on the budget and the mix match in our food choices from different menus. The sweet potato biscuits- out of this world and so is the crab dip! The servers are dressed nicely and their equipment is well kept. Lone Cedar is a family owned and operated business here on the Outer Banks which made choosing them more appealing. Thank you, Maggie, Caroline, and Lone Cedar crew for everything and appeasing even the pickiest of eaters!

Sent on 12/29/2018
  • Jackie

Jackie · Married on 10/06/2018

Above and Beyond Catering

Basnight's catered both our rehearsal dinner and our wedding night (and provided bartender services) and were absolutely amazing. They didn't just show up to serve food, they added to the entire positive atmosphere of the events. They set aside food for my husband and I to make sure we tried all the food at our wedding (which was absolutely delicious!!! So many amazing, fresh, local options), the bartender (I believe his name was Eric) was a HUGE hit with everyone getting drinks, let me just say no one went thirsty haha, and Victoria was amazing this entire year helping us to plan every detail of the food from our tasting to the night of and made sure we had everything we needed. Thank you so much - everything was above and beyond our expectations!!

Sent on 10/18/2018

Emily · Married on 09/22/2018

The Basnight's Lone cedar café catering team was incredible for our 9/22/2018 wedding. We had done a taste testing with them a year prior and the food was delicious so we knew our wedding was going to be great. There were multiple people at the wedding with a tree nut allergy and Victoria triple checked and assured me that the food would be cooked separately which I really appreciated. Victoria and catering staff were so easy to contact and work with. Since our wedding, we've heard from so many of our guests raving about the food and we can not recommend Basnight's enough!!

Sent on 10/14/2018

Jennifer · Married on 09/21/2018

Amazing! Victoria and her team were awesome! They worked with us throughout the process and delivered exactly what we wanted! My guests are still raving about the food!!

Sent on 10/11/2018

Heidi · Married on 08/21/2018

My husband and I used Basnight's Lone Cedar Cafe catering for our wedding in August. We couldn't have been happier with the service we received from Basnight's! We worked mostly with Victoria who was very helpful with answering all of our questions and always responded in a timely manner. The catering options were endless and Victoria made sure we had everything we would need at our wedding. We used the catering services as well as their staff for our bar. staff and food was AMAZING!!! All of our guests enjoyed the blackened local catch, baked Parmesan crusted chicken breast, and the london broil. We had the sweet potato ham biscuits for one of our cocktail hour appetizers which were really good too! The food was fresh, presentation was perfect, and the taste was even better! Some of our friends and family traveled down to get more the next day! We highly recommend Basnight's for any catering needs on the OBX as well as for a great dining experience! We will definitely be back down next year! Thank you for everything !!

Sent on 09/26/2018
    Basnight's Lone Cedar Cafe 15
    Basnight's Lone Cedar Cafe 16
    Basnight's Lone Cedar Cafe 17

Melissa · Married on 07/25/2018

We had a last minute venue change, so we literally had 2 weeks to plan pretty much everything. I cannot tell you how fantastic and accommodating Victoria, Caroline, and the staff at The Lone Cedar were. They even made our cake!!!! The cake was just as delicious as it was beautiful. Our meal was amazing as always, and the service was impeccable. They made what could have been an incredibly stressful time for us into a very enjoyable experience from start to finish.

Sent on 08/16/2018
    Basnight's Lone Cedar Cafe 18
    Basnight's Lone Cedar Cafe 19

Hope · Married on 05/18/2018

Lone Cedar catered my wedding this past weekend and the food was phenomenal!! All my guests ranted and raved about how delicious everything was and most went back for more. I had the joy of have Jade there with us the day of and she made sure and husband and I were fed and happy and that the buffet stayed full. The food was incredible and the staff was even better. Thank you Lone Cedar!!!

Sent on 05/21/2018

Hope,

Thank you so much for your kind words! We were so excited to be party of your big day. Everything was absolutely beautiful! :)

Bennett · Married on 05/18/2018

Victoria and Caroline with Basnight's Lone Cedar Café catering were absolutely amazing to work with. They were super responsive and easy to work with, and helped to guide me through the whole process, because I had no idea what I was doing, or what I wanted, so they made sure I wasn't lost, and helped me figure everything out! I live 2 and a half hours away from the caterer, and the venue I used, so all of our communication was over email and over the phone, but they still made sure I was kept up to date, and was happy with all of my choices. the food for the reception was absolutely fantastic, and all of the wedding guests told me how great they thought the food was!! we had a brunch-buffet style menu, and several of the guests mentioned how much they loved the veggie egg casserole, so if you're planning on a brunch or breakfast reception, I definitely recommend including that!! Basnight's also made our wedding cake, and it turned out beautiful and delicious! everyone said how good it was, and I agree completely! I highly highly highly recommend using basnight's lone cedar café to cater your wedding. <3

Sent on 06/08/2018

Basnight's Lone Cedar Cafe's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words!!! We are thrilled you loved the Veggie Egg Casserole (it's a favorite of ours too)! We hope to see you in the future. :)

Melinda · Married on 05/12/2018

Basnights was simply amazing! They were, off the bat, super responsive to my emails and inquiries and provided me with answers to all of my questions! They offered many examples of menus and were very flexible with my budget and what I was looking for. We even went in and personally met with the chef to do a tasting- he was very knowledgable and did an AWESOME job the day of the event (kudos Ron!). I would most definitely recommend them to anyone- the food was great!!

Sent on 08/14/2018

Jennifer · Married on 05/11/2018

Basnight's Lone Cedar Cafe provided us with with a great rehearsal dinner as well as a great wedding! We, our friends and family very much enjoyed the meal. Basnight's Lone Cedar Cafe staff also provided wonderful service and were great to work with for the entire event.

Sent on 06/10/2018

Basnight's Lone Cedar Cafe's reply:

Thank you so much for the feedback. We were so excited to have been able to be part of not only your big day, but you rehearsal as well! Best Wishes!

Donna · Married on 04/20/2018

The reception was great. Kindness of the staff was exceptional. I recommend LoneCedar for any event

Sent on 04/24/2018

Basnight's Lone Cedar Cafe's reply:

Thank you for you review Donna. We are so happy we had the chance to be a part of it. :)

Jane · Married on 04/13/2018

Loved working with Victoria and Basnights, everything was so wonderful. The food was amazing and I can’t say enough about how great the servers and bar tenders were during my daughters April wedding.
    Don’t go anywhere else! They’re the best!

Sent on 05/11/2018

Chip · Married on 04/06/2018

The crew at Banights's Lone Cedar did an outstanding job for Brittany's wedding.
    I didn't have to worry about a thing. Victoria and Caroline were very helpful during planning and the staffs service was flawless. We have two more daughters so hope to get to use Basnights again soon!

Sent on 06/06/2018

Basnight's Lone Cedar Cafe's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words, and we would love too! You all are such a joy to work with.

Lindsey · Married on 11/18/2017

We are more than thrilled with our choice of Lone Cedar for our wedding catering! From our tasting, we knew we made the right choice with such amazing food. Our guests raved about how good our food was. Victoria was VERY responsive and was super helpful in planning our menu. They even made us to go boxes for our long car ride to our honeymoon after the reception. We would choose Lone Cedar over and over again!

Sent on 12/12/2017

Cynthia · Married on 10/08/2017

I can't say enough good things about Basnight's Lone Cedar. They were patient and accommodating with me when I was being a flaky bride who couldn't figure out what I wanted or what I could afford. They answered all my questions and inquiries professionally and helpfully and worked with me to make my limited budget work! The food, as always was phenomenal. ( I dine here regularly when I visit OBX and it is always a highlight of my trip) Three beautifully prepared and scrumptious trays for pick up turned my very humble home spun afternoon "snack" reception into a min- feast! I highly recommend them whether you have them provide full catering or just a few items. It was difficult to find caterers who would even agree to providing what I asked with such a limited need, but the staff at Basnight's truly treated me as if I were as important to them as a full catering client.

Sent on 12/19/2017

Samantha · Married on 08/12/2017

Lone Cedar was such a pleasure to work with! They made the process so easy and Victoria was so quick to respond. She was so knowledgable in the services they offered! I really enjoyed working with them, not to mention, our wedding food was OUT OF THIS WORLD!!!! We had so many compliments about it!! I definitely recommend Lone Cedar for any event!!

Sent on 08/20/2017

Bernadette · Married on 08/06/2017

Victoria was wonderful to work with. She was responsive and willing to work with any changes I needed made. Our guests raved about the food; they packed up our leftovers for us at the end of the night; all the workers were pleasant and very helpful. Worth every penny.

Sent on 08/14/2017

Takeetha · Married on 08/05/2017

Victoria was great during my wedding planning process. The staff was friendly and tentative, the food was delicious and the location by the water is awesome.

Sent on 08/06/2017

Basnight's Lone Cedar Cafe's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words! We loved having you all here!

Barry · Married on 07/31/2017

I had a 25th anniversary dinner catered by Lone Cedar Cafe in an ocean front beach cottage we were renting. Victoria with whom I worked with to come up with a menu that worked for our dinner was awesome and had wonderful ideas! The Chef and sever showed up in plenty of time to "size up" the situation and were awesome! The food was prepared to perfection and served perfectly. The chef and the server were just perfect for our group and enough could not have been said about the service and the meal. I think we'll do it again next year and just come up with a reason to celebrate as it was that good.

Sent on 08/15/2017

Colleen · Married on 07/03/2017

Absolutely loved everything about Basnight's Lone Cedar Cafe! We chose them to cater my daughter's wedding at Jennette's Pier in the Outer Banks and their services and food were absolutely great. We met with Victoria, the catering manager, numerous times and communicated by phone and email regularly. She was happy to provide varied menus with pricing and help us to make choices and changes to match our budget. We were able to make as many changes as we wanted right up until the final count day. They were happy to do a sit-down dinner, which was not popular in our discussion with several other vendors. Pricing was also very reasonable for the menu. When we needed recommendations Victoria was extremely helpful. We were so happy with our meetings that we also recommended having Basnight's cater the rehearsal dinner on a sunset cruise aboard the Crystal Dawn.

After experiencing their food and services on the cruise we were so confident and thrilled knowing they would be doing the wedding the next day. Some of the staff were the same and we all felt like friends by the end of the wedding. Service was phenomenal! We walked out of the wedding ceremony and were met by a staff member with nice cold beverages before heading to the beach for pictures. All of our guests and family raved about the food and we received an extremely long email completely just about the delicious cake Basnight's also provided!

Also as an add-on comment......... Basnight's has an absolutely beautiful setting of it's own. After the rehearsal dinner cruise we headed back there for a casual get together with any wedding guests who chose to join us in their bar. In reality just about every wedding guest came and we took over the bar. I'm sure this discouraged other restaurants guests from entering the area but Basnight's could not have been more welcoming and accommodating.

We loved everything and had absolutely no complaints ever while planning the wedding or with the services provided!!

Sent on 07/14/2017