Basnight's Lone Cedar Cafe Reviews

194 | Nags Head, NC

194 Reviews for Basnight's Lone Cedar Cafe

Susan Yan · Getting married on 06/12/2022

Best Caterer's Ever

Basnight's took care of everything. Food was amazing, service as fantastic. We had a party at our home and having Basnight's there felt like we are in a private room at a restaurant. Highly recommend them for any event you are having.

Sent on 12/29/2019

Hello Susan,

Thank you so much for your kind words! Todd and I loved working at your beautiful home, and would be thrilled to cater for you again in the future! Call us any time!

Happy New Year!
  • Sarah

Sarah Ball · Getting married on 03/09/2021

Delicious Southern Wedding Food!!

We had an amazing experience with Basnights! They were absolutely professional, detail oriented and flexible to our Southern based food requests!! We had our reception at the Black Stallion and they were SO organized and helped us decide where would be the best locations for cocktail hour, the bars and reception. At our cocktail hour we had mini chicken and waffles, fried green tomatoes, mac n' cheese bites, steak kabobs, and scallops on a grit cake with bacon jam. Our guests raved about all of the food from the cocktail hour to the reception buffet. I highly recommend booking them!! Best wedding food in the OBX!!

Sent on 10/28/2019

Basnight's Lone Cedar Cafe's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words! We were thrilled to be part of your special day. I was a "Ball"! haha We hope to see you in the restaurant in the future.

Warmly,
  • George

George Bonner · Getting married on 02/04/2021

Retirement Reception

The Basnight's Lone Cedar team was tremendous in making my Retirement Reception uniquely special. Following a 30 year career in the U.S. Coast Guard, my ceremony included over 150 diverse guests of shipmates, friends, and family from across the country. The Lone Cedar facility was the perfect venue to provide waterfront views and indoor and outdoor spaces. The planning team was extremely helpful throughout and their attention to detail was unsurpassed. Most importantly, the local seafood and professional staff were remarkable!!!

Sent on 05/24/2019
  • Immanuel

Immanuel Norman · Getting married on 10/31/2020

Outstanding

Basnight's was such a wonderful place to host our holiday event. Food came out on time, was fresh, and of course delicious. The room set up was outstanding and so decorative to fit all my needs. The servers were all smiling and seemed very happy to take care of us all. Highly recommend and we will be back again next year for sure!!

Sent on 01/03/2020
  • Amanda

Amanda Vozel · Married on 10/10/2020

Fantastic Food

Loved the dish we choose! A filet and white fish with a rock top. Very elegant dish for a wedding reception! Everything was perfect! Had a chef prepare the food at the home we rented! Couldn’t wait to eat! Made getting ready for the wedding a little distracting with all the lovely smells! Wouldn’t gladly hire again to cater another event!

Sent on 10/19/2020

Kelly Schwiker · Married on 10/02/2020

The very best wedding food

We used Lone Cedar Cafe Catering for our rehearsal and wedding reception. The food was absolutely incredible - so many people told us it was the best wedding food they have ever had. We had a lot of fluctuations in our guest count due to COVID, and Lone Cedar worked with us to make sure we could package up and extra food as leftovers, which was great for the next day. The staff was wonderful to work with, and we had the most fun bartender from Lone Cedar!

Sent on 10/16/2020

Blake Fenters · Married on 06/29/2020

Personal chef

Absolutely amazing dinner and dessert. Worth every penny and the pictures can prove it!!!

Sent on 07/06/2020

Basnight's Lone Cedar Cafe's reply:

Thank you so much for this review! It was so nice to cook for you and your family this year! We hope to see you again next year.

Liz Myers · Married on 12/12/2019

Excellent everything!

Communication, service and food are excellent! Lone cedar is our go to for any type of gathering. This year we used their private chef service for a Christmas party! We plan to every year now because it was that GOOD and so stress free! Chef Ron did an amazing job and Jeff is always our requested server when dining at the restaurant. You won’t be disappointed when choosing lone cedar!

Sent on 12/30/2019

Darlene Maruhn · Married on 12/06/2019

Rehearsal Dinner

I live in Italy and I was afraid coordinating the rehearsal dinner would be hard. Victoria, Maggie and Caroline were very understanding and we were able to do everything via email. It was fantastic-the room, food and service were phenomenal. I highly recommend Lone Stare Catering! Our night was perfect.

Sent on 01/09/2020
  • Renee

Renee · Married on 11/23/2019

BEST food EVER for our Wedding!

I'm going to keep this short and sweet and let my photos do the talking! Presentation = Perfection, Food = Everyone raved about! Top favorites from guest were the Sushi Station, Asian Shrimp, chicken & waffles and Scallop Potatoes. I mean, I feel bad even singling these out because literally everything tasted amazing! Thank you Basnight for being so wonderful thoughout the entire booking process and helping us with our decisions.

Food is not cheap, and if you have attended many weddings, its not many that have great tasting food. Guests and the Bride and Groom become disappointed...This was NOT the case for us! We hired Basnight for our Rehearsal Dinner and Wedding. Here is a list of what we had: Prime Rib Station, Sushi Station, Apps: Asian Shrimp, Pimento cheese cucumbers, Southern Fried Chicken & Waffles, baked parmesan chicken, jumbo lump crab cakes, scalloped potatoes and green beans.

Sent on 01/27/2020

Maddie Peyton · Married on 11/09/2019

Best Day Ever

Basnight’s catered my wedding this fall and I could not be more thrilled with their services! Victoria and Maggie worked with me every step of the way creating the perfect menu, and putting me at ease anytime I had questions. The day of my wedding was seamless! I rented all of my China from them, they showed up, quietly moved in and had everything ready to go by the time we got back from our ceremony. The food was absolutely amazing, and for someone who planned their wedding from across the country, you can imagine my delight as I had never had a chance to eat with them before. I cannot stress how happy I am with my choice. These ladies truly are the absolute best!

Sent on 12/30/2019

Basnight's Lone Cedar Cafe's reply:

Thank you so much for trusting us with your big day! We had the best time celebrating with you and your family!
    Happy New Year!

Taylor Sims · Married on 11/02/2019

Amazing food & service!

Basnights was wonderful to work with. The food was amazing and the staff was friendly and professional. They accommodated every request even at the last minute. I grew up going to Basnights as a child and their food is still as wonderful as I’ve always remembered. Thank y’all for exceeding my dreams for the food for our wedding!

Sent on 12/15/2019
  • Sorin

Sorin Avel · Married on 09/20/2019

Nags Head - catering

Victoria was very accommodating in letting us customize our menu for the event, everything was ready in time and food was absolutely delicious and portions were quite large. Thanks so much and I can't recommend highly enough!

Sent on 09/24/2019

Tracy Lusch · Married on 09/08/2019

Wedding dinner

We had our wedding dinner at Basnight's in August. This was a second wedding for both my husband and I so we wanted something small and intimate yet special for our day. We had about 35 guests and used the back room for a private gathering. The entire staff was helpful, polite, and worked very hard to make our evening a huge success. The view was amazing and the food even better! I can't recommend this venue high enough. I had a few special requests and all were met and exceeded. Our guests are still raving about the food. They let us come in early that day and decorate the room. I had my own idea of how the room should be set up which differed from their suggestion and they went with my idea without hesitation or question. This place is local, supports the local fisherman and you can tell in the taste of the seafood. We would choose Basnight's every time for our catering needs.

Sent on 10/02/2019

Tracy,

Thank you so much for your kind words. We are thrilled you picked Basnight's to celebrate this happy day, and even more, that we were able to meet you expectations. Please come see us again!

Warmly,
    Basnight's Catering Team

Christine Krupski · Married on 08/28/2019

Wonderful Experience!!

Wonderful - delicious food! Very prompt, courtesy, friendly service! Highly recommend!! Loved the shrimp and grits!! Thank you for making my daughter & son-in-law's wedding special!

Sent on 09/29/2019

Lisa · Married on 06/29/2019

Absolutely perfect!

We had the very best experience with Lone Cedar to the point where we hired them for both our rehearsal dinner and our wedding reception! The food is AMAZING and every interaction we had with them throughout the planning process was incredible. Everyone we worked with was prepared, kind, thorough, and cared about making both of our events perfect and special. Wedding planning can be so overwhelming, but working with them was a breeze. They knew exactly what questions to ask and worked with us when changes came up. I always felt comfortable talking with them and all of our guests loved our food! The staff with us for our wedding reception was so thoughtful and made sure my groom and I were taken care of every step of the way. We cannot recommend them highly enough!!!

Sent on 08/21/2019

Lindsey · Married on 06/21/2019

Incredible Catering

From the day we met at the OBX wedding expo, Maggie and the Lone Cedar catering team were nothing short of amazing. Throughout the entire planning process, Maggie answered all of our questions promptly, was super patient with us during our menu selection process (have you LOOKED at the amount of options they have to customize your big day?!), and was extremely kind and accommodating when we had to make some last minute adjustments to meals. And our families, even weeks after the wedding, are trying to figure out how they can replicate the Parmesan encrusted chicken with cream sauce!!

Thank you so very much for being a part of our special day! Even though the main restaurant is further south from where we normally stay in OBX, we definitely plan on going out of our way to eat the amazing food again (perhaps the chicken AND Asian fried shrimp?!) and bring us right back to all the good memories!

Hope to see you soon!

Love,
    The Pandak’s

Sent on 07/06/2019
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 06/11/2019

Wedding catering done well!

Not being from the area, it’s risky to pick a catering place never trying the food before, and then serving over 100 guests in hopes it is as amazing as you dreamed of. Throughout our catering journey and planning process, Maggie helped put us all at ease many times with her great communication, flexibility, menu selection, variety of offerings, and timely answering/mitigating all our questions or concerns. In addition, thank you to the owner and serving staff who ensured our wedding experience was positive. There’s a reason this team has been in business for as long as they have, and we are so thankful to have picked and worked with them!!! Thank you again for everything! Our day was amazing and the food was spectacular.

Sent on 06/17/2019
  • Deirdre

Deirdre Orem · Married on 06/04/2019

Delicious Reception Dinner

We hired Lone Cedar for our reception dinner and everything was perfect – we opted for their crab dip, caprese skewers and mini fried chicken and waffles (so good!) for the cocktail hour and pulled pork, steak tips, potatoes and green beans with corn bread and rolls buffet style for the main dinner. The food was delicious and the entire serving team highly efficient. I worked directly with Victoria and Maggie, both of whom were very responsive and helpful in making decisions to narrow down our menu choices. I’d highly recommend the Lone Cedar team for any of your catering needs!

Sent on 04/20/2019
  • Lindsay

Lindsay Kramer · Married on 04/30/2019

So easy to work with from afar

We live in NJ and we’re planning our wedding for OBX. They made it so easy to set up our catering without being able to be there, and especially taste anything. They were extremely responsive and helpful with any questions I had, which was a good amount. It was easy to pick up at their location and to keep warm at our location. The food was fantastic. I highly recommend them!!

Sent on 12/02/2019
  • Marissa

Marissa Liverman · Married on 04/12/2019

Responsive, Amazing Food, Smooth Process

We went back and forth about getting our wedding catered so we decided last minute about a month and half before our big day to do so. I had been to Basnight’s before for dinner and enjoyed it as well as I remembered how good their food was at the Wedding Expo in January. I emailed Maggie and heard back from her the next day. After going back and forth about the food we wanted within a few days she sent us a menu example with pricing. Then we were able to set up a tasting the next week where they gave us so much food to try. Unfortunately we were not able to try some of things we talked about having on our menu but we made a joke that we ate like Kings and Queens that day. Maggie finalized our menu with us the weeks to follow and we talked again a week before the wedding to finalize everything. She really did make everything easy and I had no doubt everything would run smoothly food wise on our big day. The food was amazing on our day as expected and we heard nothing but great things from our guest. The chef even made sure we had our own plates set aside so we could eat when we had the time to. Our guest especially loved the Asian shrimp and prime rib sliders! They cleaned up and even left behind all the left overs so our guest had plenty of food for a late night snack. The Basnight’s team is absolutely amazing!

Sent on 05/24/2019
  • Madeleine

Madeleine Ciszewski · Married on 03/30/2019

Best Wedding Caterers in the OBX!

I could not have been happier with the interpersonal service or the day of result! We loved the food, working with Maggie, and having our rehearsal dinner at the restaurants. What an amazing weekend! We couldn't have asked for better folks to work with :)

Sent on 11/29/2019

Basnight's Lone Cedar Cafe's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words! We are so happy you decided to have your rehearsal dinner here with us at Basnight's!
  • Frieda

Frieda · Married on 11/24/2018

Delectable, Hospitable & Elegant

5 out of 5 starts is an understatement. Lone Cedar catering was hands down the best decision! They were punctual in more ways than one. Communication was a breeze and they were accommodating on the budget and the mix match in our food choices from different menus. The sweet potato biscuits- out of this world and so is the crab dip! The servers are dressed nicely and their equipment is well kept. Lone Cedar is a family owned and operated business here on the Outer Banks which made choosing them more appealing. Thank you, Maggie, Caroline, and Lone Cedar crew for everything and appeasing even the pickiest of eaters!

Sent on 12/29/2018
  • Jackie

Jackie · Married on 10/06/2018

Above and Beyond Catering

Basnight's catered both our rehearsal dinner and our wedding night (and provided bartender services) and were absolutely amazing. They didn't just show up to serve food, they added to the entire positive atmosphere of the events. They set aside food for my husband and I to make sure we tried all the food at our wedding (which was absolutely delicious!!! So many amazing, fresh, local options), the bartender (I believe his name was Eric) was a HUGE hit with everyone getting drinks, let me just say no one went thirsty haha, and Victoria was amazing this entire year helping us to plan every detail of the food from our tasting to the night of and made sure we had everything we needed. Thank you so much - everything was above and beyond our expectations!!

Sent on 10/18/2018

Emily · Married on 09/22/2018

The Basnight's Lone cedar café catering team was incredible for our 9/22/2018 wedding. We had done a taste testing with them a year prior and the food was delicious so we knew our wedding was going to be great. There were multiple people at the wedding with a tree nut allergy and Victoria triple checked and assured me that the food would be cooked separately which I really appreciated. Victoria and catering staff were so easy to contact and work with. Since our wedding, we've heard from so many of our guests raving about the food and we can not recommend Basnight's enough!!

Sent on 10/14/2018