Basnight's Lone Cedar Cafe Reviews

207 | Nags Head, NC

207 Reviews for Basnight's Lone Cedar Cafe

Susan Y. · Getting married on 06/12/2022

Best Caterer's Ever

Basnight's took care of everything. Food was amazing, service as fantastic. We had a party at our home and having Basnight's there felt like we are in a private room at a restaurant. Highly recommend them for any event you are having.

Sent on 12/29/2019

Hello Susan,

Thank you so much for your kind words! Todd and I loved working at your beautiful home, and would be thrilled to cater for you again in the future! Call us any time!

Happy New Year!

Cindy S. · Getting married on 10/11/2021

Superb planning help, service, and food = Wedding happiness!

If we coud give more than 5 stars we would! The catering for my son's Outer Banks Wedding was fantastic! Thorough, expert, friendly service from start to finish! And the food was delicious. We recommend them very highly and would use them again in a hearbeat!
    The Stone Family

Sent on 11/29/2020
  • Stephanie

Stephanie Y. · Married on 06/03/2021

Excellent and outstanding team!

Basnight's did an amazing job on my son's rehearsal dinner! We were so pleased with the entire process, from booking to the dinner itself. The food was delicious, the service outstanding and the furnishings on point! I would recommend Basnight's for any of your wedding needs!

Sent on 03/25/2021

Basnight's Lone Cedar Cafe's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words. We really enjoyed getting to know you during the planning process, and having your group here with us to celebrate the occasion! Please come see us anytime!

Jessica A. · Married on 05/08/2021

Excellent, top notch!

I knew the night we got engaged that would be using lone cedar, there is no one better on this beach. They went above & beyond of all of our expectations & our food was out of this world because of them. So if your even thinking about using them just do it because you won’t be disappointed!

Sent on 06/19/2021

Jenna C. · Married on 04/30/2021

Greta food and service

We hired lone cedar for our wedding a month ago. Our planner had recommended them to us and we got to meet them at the OBX wedding show in early 2020. After reviewing their menu + pricing we booked them and were able to go to a tasting. I worked with Victoria and she was incredibly helpful via email and at our tasting. They gave us good we had requested and a few extras. She worked with su to create our perfect menu and we were so excited. Their catering team was among and incredibly kind. They had a server bring out appetizers while we were taking out family photos which was SO HELPFUL as we were all starving at this point and once we joined the cocktail hour their staff was very attentive. We got SO MANY compliments on their fried asian shrimp (highly recommend) as well as the dinner. Their bartender did an amazing job on our cocktails and overall service was great! Victoria was very responsive and even helped me provide a creme brulee for my husband as a surprise since it is his favorite.

Sent on 05/24/2021

Basnight's Lone Cedar Cafe's reply:

Thank you so much for writing this review! We loved getting to know you and your family, and celebrating with you on your big day!

Lauren H. · Married on 04/24/2021

Basnights catered our wedding, loved it!

Basnights Lone Cedar was so awesome! The staff that catered our wedding were super friendly and helpful. The food was great, guests were still saying how good the food was the next day. Basnights always answered emails in a timely manner and answered any questions we had throughout the process. Would highly recommend!

Sent on 05/02/2021
  • Sarah

Sarah B. · Married on 03/09/2021

Delicious Southern Wedding Food!!

We had an amazing experience with Basnights! They were absolutely professional, detail oriented and flexible to our Southern based food requests!! We had our reception at the Black Stallion and they were SO organized and helped us decide where would be the best locations for cocktail hour, the bars and reception. At our cocktail hour we had mini chicken and waffles, fried green tomatoes, mac n' cheese bites, steak kabobs, and scallops on a grit cake with bacon jam. Our guests raved about all of the food from the cocktail hour to the reception buffet. I highly recommend booking them!! Best wedding food in the OBX!!

Sent on 10/28/2019

Basnight's Lone Cedar Cafe's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words! We were thrilled to be part of your special day. I was a "Ball"! haha We hope to see you in the restaurant in the future.

Warmly,
  • George

George B. · Married on 02/04/2021

Retirement Reception

The Basnight's Lone Cedar team was tremendous in making my Retirement Reception uniquely special. Following a 30 year career in the U.S. Coast Guard, my ceremony included over 150 diverse guests of shipmates, friends, and family from across the country. The Lone Cedar facility was the perfect venue to provide waterfront views and indoor and outdoor spaces. The planning team was extremely helpful throughout and their attention to detail was unsurpassed. Most importantly, the local seafood and professional staff were remarkable!!!

Sent on 05/24/2019
  • Lee

Lee H. · Married on 11/14/2020

Breath of Fresh Air During These Difficult Times

Everyone at Basnight’s was extremely wonderful to work with every step of the way. We planned a completely customized menu and everything was delicious! I was originally a Summer wedding but due to Covid had to reschedule twice. The ladies were so understanding and flexible with the changes of dates, guest counts etc. Without Basnight’s as my caterer I don’t think I would have made it through planning a wedding in these difficult times. Could not be happier with my choice and will recommend them to everyone I know!

Sent on 12/02/2020

Jessika S. · Married on 11/07/2020

Wedding Day Catering

Our wedding day would not have been the same without Lone Cedar! My husbands family is not from the south, so we wanted to make sure to give them a taste of what it's like - from the amazing appetizers (Shrimp & Grits, Sweet potato ham/cheese biscuits) to the NC Pulled Pork Barbecue all the way down to the fresh, homemade cornbread.... it was the perfect night! Let's not forget about the dessert bar! Key Lime Pie shooters and Hershey bar cupcakes made the night so sweet!! Our guests had never had such a delicious dinner, with the homestyle feel to it! We were so blessed to have Basnight's join our special day!

Sent on 11/29/2020
  • April

April L. · Married on 11/07/2020

Catered my daughters wedding. Personable, friendly, experienced, fantastic, amazing

Their recommendations for the food was great. Organized, friendly, amazing. They catered my daughters wedding. The best!!!!

Sent on 12/02/2020
  • Immanuel

Immanuel N. · Married on 10/31/2020

Outstanding

Basnight's was such a wonderful place to host our holiday event. Food came out on time, was fresh, and of course delicious. The room set up was outstanding and so decorative to fit all my needs. The servers were all smiling and seemed very happy to take care of us all. Highly recommend and we will be back again next year for sure!!

Sent on 01/03/2020
  • Mitsy

Mitsy R. · Married on 10/21/2020

Exceptional food, amazing service and professional staff

My fiance and I attended the wedding expo in March 2020 and had the pleasure of meeting Victoria with Basnights Lone Cedar. She was so friendly, outgoing, and professional. We immediately felt at ease and very comfortable speaking with her about our wants and needs for our wedding. She listened to our wants and needs, taking careful notes and asked questions to clarify. She encouraged us to sample the food selections and we immediately signed on, knowing that we would be in good hands. We worked with Victoria throughout the year and she was very patient, answering all of our questions and addressing our concerns. Two weeks prior to our wedding, we had a final phone meeting, Victoria explained in great detail what we could expect from the catering team. On the day of the wedding, the team arrived on time and immediately went to work taking care of every detail. The team was so friendly and professional. My fiance and I would like to thank the team from Basnights Lone Cedar for their friendly and professional staff, amazing food, and exceptional bartenders and servers. This team is first rate and we highly recommend this team and this restaurant for any and all of your catering needs. Every detail was addressed and taken care of with efficiency and professionalism. My now husband and I are so GRATEFUL & THANK EACH AND EVERYONE of this team for making our wedding such an amazing and unforgettable event.

Sent on 10/28/2020

Jennifer D. · Married on 10/17/2020

Basnight’s saved my wedding!

Basnight’s Lone Cedar Cafe saved my bacon! I was originally booked with a caterer in Kitty Hawk that I had been contracted with for quite a while. Only three weeks before my wedding day they called to tell me that they could only do a drop off, and could not do full-service due to COVID. It was obviously devastating to me considering I had everyone coming in from out of town. It was not a huge wedding, but it was still going to be a major inconvenience to just have food dropped off. I had a friend recommend Lone Cedar. On the first phone call I got in touch with Victoria, she checked her calendar and told me she could do it. Within just a few hours she had sent me over a quote that came in CHEAPER than what I was already paying! She had a contract out to me and I was booked with them in less than a day. On the day of it was absolutely perfect. All the food was hot and delicious, not to mention they make cute little signs, AND made a box for both me and my new husband. Did I mention that they had someone hand write bride and groom on the to go boxes with a cute note?! The personal touches is meant so much to me, especially since I was a last minute booking. I wish I had been in touch with them when I originally booked. The whole experience was so easy and seamless, and every single person that I came into contact with could not have been nicer. Ladies I cannot thank you enough!

Sent on 11/27/2020
  • Amanda

Amanda V. · Married on 10/10/2020

Fantastic Food

Loved the dish we choose! A filet and white fish with a rock top. Very elegant dish for a wedding reception! Everything was perfect! Had a chef prepare the food at the home we rented! Couldn’t wait to eat! Made getting ready for the wedding a little distracting with all the lovely smells! Wouldn’t gladly hire again to cater another event!

Sent on 10/19/2020

Kelly S. · Married on 10/02/2020

The very best wedding food

We used Lone Cedar Cafe Catering for our rehearsal and wedding reception. The food was absolutely incredible - so many people told us it was the best wedding food they have ever had. We had a lot of fluctuations in our guest count due to COVID, and Lone Cedar worked with us to make sure we could package up and extra food as leftovers, which was great for the next day. The staff was wonderful to work with, and we had the most fun bartender from Lone Cedar!

Sent on 10/16/2020

Blake F. · Married on 06/29/2020

Personal chef

Absolutely amazing dinner and dessert. Worth every penny and the pictures can prove it!!!

Sent on 07/06/2020

Basnight's Lone Cedar Cafe's reply:

Thank you so much for this review! It was so nice to cook for you and your family this year! We hope to see you again next year.
  • Ashley

Ashley R. · Married on 05/15/2020

All Around Great Food and Service!

Where do I start?! We were so happy with our choice to have Basnight's Lone Cedar be our wedding caterer. Living out of town we booked them on a recommendation from our wedding coordinator and they did not disappoint! They had us for a wonderful tasting prior to our wedding and after we booked, Maggie and Victoria made sure everything was exactly what we wanted. They had so many options! They worked with us on pricing and helped us create a menu that was well-rounded and made sense. When COVID hit they were so flexible and helped us move our date with no issues. The day of the wedding went very smoothly thanks to their catering staff. I almost didn't even know they were there - they were so efficient and non-intrusive. We got married at an event rental home so we needed bartenders as well. The bartenders they supplied were AMAZING and kept up with our wild guests! All of our guests raved about the food and my husband and I were so pleased. We loved Basnight’s so much we went to their restaurant to eat a few times. Book them, you won’t regret it!

Sent on 05/30/2021

Basnight's Lone Cedar Cafe's reply:

Thank you so much for your sweet review!!! We had the best time helping you plan your big day, and loved your fun crowd! Congratulations!
  • Melanie

Melanie M. · Married on 05/01/2020

Best Caterer in OBX

Basnights was by far my favorite vendor to work with when planning our wedding. We were originally scheduled for May 2020 but had to reschedule due to COVID. Basnights was flexible, understanding, considerate and more. Rescheduling with Maggie and Victoria was as easy as it could have been. We had multiple menu changes, they catered to a gluten-free groom! and were constantly updating our guest count as states begun to reopen and protocols changed. On top of all of this, the food was AMAZING. They also helped supply our 2 amazingly fun bartenders, and with some rentals (cups, plates, utensils, etc) If you plan on getting married at The Black Stallion - they were VERY knowledgeable about the house/setup.

Sent on 05/10/2021

Liz M. · Married on 12/12/2019

Excellent everything!

Communication, service and food are excellent! Lone cedar is our go to for any type of gathering. This year we used their private chef service for a Christmas party! We plan to every year now because it was that GOOD and so stress free! Chef Ron did an amazing job and Jeff is always our requested server when dining at the restaurant. You won’t be disappointed when choosing lone cedar!

Sent on 12/30/2019

Darlene M. · Married on 12/06/2019

Rehearsal Dinner

I live in Italy and I was afraid coordinating the rehearsal dinner would be hard. Victoria, Maggie and Caroline were very understanding and we were able to do everything via email. It was fantastic-the room, food and service were phenomenal. I highly recommend Lone Stare Catering! Our night was perfect.

Sent on 01/09/2020
  • Renee

Renee · Married on 11/23/2019

BEST food EVER for our Wedding!

I'm going to keep this short and sweet and let my photos do the talking! Presentation = Perfection, Food = Everyone raved about! Top favorites from guest were the Sushi Station, Asian Shrimp, chicken & waffles and Scallop Potatoes. I mean, I feel bad even singling these out because literally everything tasted amazing! Thank you Basnight for being so wonderful thoughout the entire booking process and helping us with our decisions.

Food is not cheap, and if you have attended many weddings, its not many that have great tasting food. Guests and the Bride and Groom become disappointed...This was NOT the case for us! We hired Basnight for our Rehearsal Dinner and Wedding. Here is a list of what we had: Prime Rib Station, Sushi Station, Apps: Asian Shrimp, Pimento cheese cucumbers, Southern Fried Chicken & Waffles, baked parmesan chicken, jumbo lump crab cakes, scalloped potatoes and green beans.

Sent on 01/27/2020

Maddie P. · Married on 11/09/2019

Best Day Ever

Basnight’s catered my wedding this fall and I could not be more thrilled with their services! Victoria and Maggie worked with me every step of the way creating the perfect menu, and putting me at ease anytime I had questions. The day of my wedding was seamless! I rented all of my China from them, they showed up, quietly moved in and had everything ready to go by the time we got back from our ceremony. The food was absolutely amazing, and for someone who planned their wedding from across the country, you can imagine my delight as I had never had a chance to eat with them before. I cannot stress how happy I am with my choice. These ladies truly are the absolute best!

Sent on 12/30/2019

Basnight's Lone Cedar Cafe's reply:

Thank you so much for trusting us with your big day! We had the best time celebrating with you and your family!
    Happy New Year!

Taylor S. · Married on 11/02/2019

Amazing food & service!

Basnights was wonderful to work with. The food was amazing and the staff was friendly and professional. They accommodated every request even at the last minute. I grew up going to Basnights as a child and their food is still as wonderful as I’ve always remembered. Thank y’all for exceeding my dreams for the food for our wedding!

Sent on 12/15/2019
  • Sorin

Sorin A. · Married on 09/20/2019

Nags Head - catering

Victoria was very accommodating in letting us customize our menu for the event, everything was ready in time and food was absolutely delicious and portions were quite large. Thanks so much and I can't recommend highly enough!

Sent on 09/24/2019