42 Reviews for Bar Harbor Catering Company

House Beer (1)
House Liquor (1)
Premium Liquor (1)
40 Bar Harbor Catering Company Reviews

Hiring Jennifer and the Bar Harbor Catering Company team was one of the best decisions we made during the whole wedding planning process.
Food and drinks are one of the biggest ticket items on each wedding so it is easy to be tempted to try to save as much as possible here. Bar Harbor Catering Company was worth every dollar we paid and more!
Jennifer was extremely helpful in helping us meet our budget while still putting together a fantastic meal that had gave us enough flexibility to tailor it to our taste and event.
Working with Jennifer and the team the days before the wedding was a pleasure and the whole team went above and beyond to make our wedding day perfect for us. They were so much more than just a catering company, it almost felt like they were our day of wedding planners and I am still blown away how beautiful they put everything together.
If you are planning a wedding in Bar Harbor look no further, hire Bar Harbor Catering Company and know you are in the best hands!

Profile Picture Christine, 9/23/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

We can never thank Jennifer and the crew from Bar Harbor Catering company enough for the amazing job they did at our daughter's wedding (Sept. 2017). Everything was even more beautiful than we had imagined and they were a huge part of that. Their staff was very professional, attentive, hard-working and the food, well the food was indescribably delicious. From the very beginning with the first site visit to the tasting event (!!), to the beautiful atmosphere, to the great cleanup job, everything was just perfect. If we ever have another wedding on our property in Maine, the first call we make will be to Bar Harbor Catering!

Profile Picture Danette, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

We loved working with Jennifer and team at Bar Harbor Catering! Our reception concept was a bit non traditional - we wanted a casual/fun cocktail party feel. BHC really delivered with flexible station concepts and awesome appetizers. Highly recommend the salad station, flatbreads and oyster sliders. Also the pie! Throughout the process the team was very responsive, professional and thoughtful. Thanks so much!

Profile Picture Kyle, 9/9/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Mandy and her team helped to save our "marriage in a maelstrom!" We were married during a terrible big storm and Mandy's staff were so kind and helpful to us and all our guests during the madness; they held curtains and umbrellas, rushed around in the rain, made sure my husband and I both ate a full meal and helped us stay on schedule. She served a fabulous Ottolenghi-inspired dinner that I had requested but it truly went above and beyond what I had dreamed. Everything was absolutely delicious and she did a great job of providing a dairy-free meal with lots of GF and Vegan options. We were never able to attend a tasting, which was nerve-wracking, but I needn't have worried. She made a difficult situation into a magical and unforgettable experience, for which I will be forever grateful.

Profile Picture Alexandra, 9/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering
Services Used: Buffet, Custom Menu, Dessert, Family Style, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Stations, Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Organic, Vegan, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Italian, Middle Eastern, Bartender(s)

We worked with BHCC this past summer to plan our daughter's wedding and Wow! We couldn't have been more pleased with the service, the level of professionalism, the yumminess of the food. The entire planning and execution process was easeful and fun. They made it look easy.

Profile Picture Benjamin, 8/27/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Finding a caterer for my wedding was probably the thing that scared me the most when I was planning. My husband and I are both vegan, so we knew we'd want all vegan food at our wedding. However, we were planning from far away, so not being able to go to tastings or meet with caterers adds an extra challenge. BHHC went absolutely above and beyond to ensure our food was nothing short of spectacular. Jennifer was always very responsive to my likely obnoxious amount of questions and menu changes! On the day of, since it was a small affair, we were able to get the food dropped off and also borrow some warmers and trays. She even came and picked them up the next day. The food was absolutely delicious. I didn't have a single complaint about how anything turned out. I couldn't have been happier with the service we received and how accommodating they were with our somewhat unique request.

Profile Picture Julie, 8/21/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Delivery, Set Up, American, Italian, Local, Vegan, Buffet

Bar Harbor Catering did such an amazing job; they catered to our needs and did everything in their power to make our requests become a reality! We had an elegant/glam wedding with Disney touches and Bar Harbor Catering went above and beyond with the Disney touches that I know our guests will be talking about literally FOREVER!!! Thank you VERY much!!!

Profile Picture Jaclyn, 7/8/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Cake, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, American, Asian, Chinese, German, Mexican, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Vegetarian

Bar Harbor Catering, Mandy and crew are truly the best. The food and presentation were fabulous, and the staff and bartenders helped make sure we had a great time! They handled every request perfectly, including some very last minute tricky diet limitations - going the extra mile to go purchase fish in the middle of the event to make sure the guest was taken care of.
You will get knowledgeable, dedicated service and they think of every detail so you don't have to. Can't recommend them enough!

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 6/17/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Words can't begin to express all that Jennifer, Mandy and the Bar Harbor Catering Company crew did to make our event absolutely perfect. They listened and planned and worked with us tirelessly to help us create a menu and event that felt authentic and just right. I wanted local, in season, vegetarian and tasty while my husband wanted abundant, filling and delicious. We got it all. The staff was helpful, cheerful, attentive and such a pleasure to have there on our special day! They are the best. Anyone would be lucky to have BHCC part of their special event!

Profile Picture Emily, 6/11/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Our experience with Bar Harbor Catering was phenomenal! Mandy and her team were absolutely fantastic, and we couldn't be happier with our experience. Mandy was responsive, helpful and accommodating throughout the entire process, and above all the food was incredible!!

Profile Picture Josh, 7/30/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering

The events person at our untraditional venue suggested looking into Bar Harbor Catering Company. She suggested it a few times. Despite having our minds made up to go with another vendor, we looked at BHCC's website. I'm so glad we did. Had we not, the full-service, blissfully worry-free, perfect wedding we had would never have taken place. The food was delicious. Unbelievably good. My last-minute "Ah, one of our vegetarians is a vegan," got yet another warm smile and a "We'll take care of it," and they did. Our cake was also baked by the amazing BHCC baker, and we opted not to save a layer, because we'll just order a cake next year...it was that good. But the exquisite food--while it's the best around--isn't what makes us adore BHCC beyond compare. It's the people. Mandy and Jennifer met us to discuss our menu, and we had a lovely meeting, and a very smooth menu working-out process. Then Jennifer took over, and she is already a legend in her field. The director of our venue was thrilled to see her, having worked with Jennifer a few years ago, and knowing her to be uber-capable and responsive. Anytime I had a question about anything, Jennifer answered it promptly and told me that's what she was there for. If you hire this catering company, they will set your new standard for full service. Event coordinating, dealing with nerves, solving any and every problem you might have before your wedding, providing the most excellent recommendations for other service providers...my wife and I will never be able to thank them enough. We also had a fairly small wedding--smaller than we thought, due to some family and medical issues, and we were certainly not a huge money maker for them. They never treated us as anything less than royalty. Food standouts: lobster rolls, bacon-wrapped scallops, blueberry/Brie bites, pollo al matton with risotto, steak frites, limonada, just everything.

Profile Picture Audrey, 7/2/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

We hired Bar Harbor Catering for our company Christmas party. Mandy & Jen were amazing through the whole process. They met with us and listened to our ideas, needs and concerns and addressed them all. They were flexible with the menu and open to many edits before we made a final decision. The food was amazing!!! Our guests enjoyed the slider and fry bar, the street taco bar and especially the mini donuts! Overall an excellent experience!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Michele , 12/4/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Stations, Bartender(s)

Mandy and her team catered our laid back rustic wedding, and everything was phenomenal. Several of our wedding guests commented to me that it was the best catered food they had ever had! Not only does BHCC do catering, but they also help with wedding planning as well, and are happy to help in any way they can to make your day as perfect as possible! They did our cake as well, which was also amazing (I am still eating it 7 days later!). BHCC can pretty much do it all. If you can dream it, they will do their best to make it happen for you! Great job Mandy and team!!! :)

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Caitlin, 7/11/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering, Wedding Planning

Mandy and her team went above and beyond what I expected! The food was phenomenal and they made sure to special touches for our wedding! They answered all of my questions with a smile!

Profile Picture User4626030, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering

If I could give Mandy and her team a 6 I would! From planning through execution, the food, service, and design were amazing! Mandy worked with us to find the perfect menu to fit our wants and budget. The guests at our wedding raved about the food.

The stationary antipasto station was beautiful. We also had mini grilled cheese in tomato soup shooters (the presentation on these was so cute in a mini martini glass), chicken satay with really good peanut sauce and brie and maple puff pastry, all of which were delivered to my groom and I while we waited to be announced. For dinner we had butternut squash risotto, chicken "under a brick" which was so juicy and delicious, Asian braised pulled pork with Asian slaw and chilled green beans with a mustard dill vinaigrette. For dessert we wanted to do something fun so we opted for a "make you own" s'more station (they bake their own gram crackers and make their own marshmallows! we also got some amazing rosemary budino tart-lets and my favorite, Italian Zeppoli!

Each detail was gorgeous. Attention to detail, both in matching their presentation with my decor and in the impeccable service was unmatched by any wedding I've ever been to. To be honest I didn't even notice the staff. They were so professional; plates seemed to clear themselves. I HIGHLY recommend Bar Harbor Catering Company to anyone who loves good food and expects good service. You won't be disappointed!

Profile Picture Jenna, 9/20/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Mandy of Bar Harbor Catering Company was wonderful to work with! She was very knowledgeable and responsive, and had perfect suggestions for our wedding. Because she'd also worked multiple events in our venue, she was able to make me feel confident that everything was in hand. And the food was excellent. We had a traditional Maine lobster bake with corn on the cob and potato salad, and everyone had such a fantastic time cracking lobsters and serving each other family style. The lobsters were so fresh and salty and good - when we first hired Mandy, my husband and I got a huge kick out of the fact that the lobsters would be caught fresh by Mandy's S.O. just for the occasion. My only comment on the service is a *tiny* one: BHCC had set wine glasses out at the place settings for dinner, and when dinner began, one server was going around pouring wine for guests, but the other was taking up the empty glasses, no questions asked - and people definitely wanted wine! I think there was some confusion there, but it got smoothed out. I would definitely recommend Mandy and BHCC to anyone looking to have their wedding on MDI or in the Downeast Maine area. She and her team are fantastic.

Profile Picture Cate, 8/9/14, 1 Review

Wow!
Mandy and her crew played a major role in making our wedding day a truly special day! From creating our menu to clean up we could not have asked for a more professional group. They even had a cold coke waiting for me as I got into the limo at the end of the night ! They think of everything and it was a pleasure to work with them.

Profile Picture Dorrie, 7/26/14, 1 Review
Category: Catering

We can not say enough good things about Mandy and her staff at Bar Harbor Catering Company. First things first, the food was amazing from the apps (spring rolls, crab cakes, tempura shrimp, bruschetta bar), to the main dishes (prime rib, chicken, veggie stack and scallops w/ sides) to the desserts (pies & ice cream!) also homemade bread, salads and dressings. We also had BHC do our lobster bake rehearsal dinner which all our guest loved! Everything was delicious! I truly wish I lived closer and could call up Mandy to order dinner from her some nights because I have been craving all our wedding food!
Mandy is there with you through your whole wedding planning process and really goes above and beyond in ever aspect. Emails are answered promptly, she has great ideas and suggestions for decorations, etc., she sets up and dismantles your entire wedding and really has an eye and passion for her work.
During our cocktail hour she assigned a waiter to come around with just apps for us, if people tried to take one the waiter would politely say that these were for the bride and groom only. There was also another waiter assigned to our bridal party to make sure we all ate and got to try all the apps. We thought this was awesome! Looking back now if she hadn't done this then I doubt I would have had a chance to eat!
We had late night snacks of cheeseburger sliders, sweet potato fries and flat bread pizzas, these were amazing and everyone ranted and raved about them!
At the end of the night they sent us home with doggie bags of some bruschetta and late night snacks to have back at the hotel.
When we arrived at our venue the next morning to clean up, the place was spotless, all our decorations were packed away & organized and all our left over pies were packed up and ready to be taken home to eat at a later date.
Like I said, we cant say enough great things about BHC! Everything was just simply amazing and I would recommend using them for any event!

Profile Picture ashley, 6/28/14, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Bar Harbor Catering Company was a pleasure to work with. The food was OUTSTANDING....as was the service and presentation....they even helped with design. Experience could not have been better!!

Profile Picture Olivia, 10/12/13, 1 Review
Category: Catering

My new husband and I absolutely cannot sing enough praises about Bar Harbor Catering Company to do justice to the remarkable catering work that Mandy & her staff provided at our rustic chic Maine wedding! From the extraordinary tasting we attended last year to the full evolution of our wedding fare, Mandy was so accommodating and easy to work with, incorporating all of our requests into the most incredible edible experience. The staff were extremely considerate and friendly, and provided skillful professional service. All of our guests were blown away by the delicious food and we kept getting feedback that the food was a world apart from traditional wedding fare. Every little detail was paid meticulous attention to and we were so happy that plates were prepared for us so that we wouldn't miss out on the wonderful nourishment! Mandy even provided an impromptu addition to the menu for a few of the youngsters at the reception with not-so-adventurous palates. We highly recommend Bar Harbor Catering Company to you for whatever your occasion may be, and we are positive that Mandy & her staff will provide you with impeccable cuisine and expert service.

Profile Picture Katie, 9/1/13, 1 Review
Category: Catering

From start to finish Mandy was a pleasure to work with. She was always responsive and flexible to the ideas we had. The food was simply delicious at our wedding. I appreciate the care she and her staff took to make our day special. Sincerely Melissa & Mark Dupuis San Francisco, CA

Profile Picture Melissa, 8/3/13, 1 Review
Category: Catering

The food was excellent and the set up was everything we imagined and more. Everyone also kept complimenting how kind and accomodating the staff was! They also made sure my husband and I were taken care of by bringing us our own special tray of the appetizers, making sure we got our own chance to eat! The dinner set up was absolutely beautiful with every little detail you could every want. Mandy is wonderful to work with, very easy-going and accomodating.Thank you so, so much for making our special day absolutely perfect!

Profile Picture Rani, 6/29/13, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Mandy and the Bar Harbor Catering Company team is absolutely incredible. Above and beyond the incredible food (think new restaurant with a wait, NOT generic wedding dishes), personalized planning, and responsiveness to our detail-oriented bridal behavior, BHCC was the solitary breath of fresh air surrounding our big day. Despite endless rain, moving the ceremony one day before, and more or less every other thing that could have gone wrong, Mandy and Co. kept us calm and kept the evening moving flawlessly with the same attention to detail and quality. We couldn't have been happier.

Profile Picture Dana, 5/25/13, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Mandy and her staff were outstanding, and she went above and beyond---helping us with small details, coordinating things, and even running out for plastic cups when we ran short on time. The food was amazing, and everyone loved it. We will recommend Mandy to everyone who is needing an event catered on the island, and we will certainly use her for future events. ~Alyson Gill and Eric Cave

Profile Picture Alyson, 8/3/12, 1 Review