34 Reviews for Banquet Halls of the Mid-South

Outside Cake (1)
Chairs (1)
Linens (1)
29 Banquet Halls of the Mid-South Reviews

Amazing service. Ms. Frances is extremely accommodating and knows exactly how to put even the most frantic bride at ease!

Profile Picture D'Angela, 5/16/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers

Frances (the Banquet Hall Lady) was very friendly and professional. I would recommend the wedding package to any brides on a budget. Just know that all-inclusive does not include an officiant, DJ, photographer or the alcohol--you will have to take care of that on your own. Our guests thought the decor was elegant and the food was delicious (catered by Coletta's).

Profile Picture User4296575, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Amazing company. Great to work with!

Profile Picture User4749965, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I had my wedding Sunday October 12,2014 at the new bridge at Bartlett ballroom. The decor was absoluty beautiful. The food was awesome, the staff was friendly and caring. I found it to be a great value. I still can't believe I got everything for 4,000 dollars. I would recommend banquet halls of the midsouth to anyone.

Profile Picture Sarah, 10/12/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My Event was held at Appling Manor and it was all that I dreamed it would be. Elegant, classy, fun, and professional! I would totally recommend Banquet Halls to any one for their special event.

Profile Picture User4439778, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

I had my event at Appling Manor and it was amazing! It was everything I thought it would be. It was elegant, beautiful, fun, and professional. A moment to remember indeed! I would totally use them again. Frances, the owner, was GREAT. I felt like she truly cared about me and wanted to make sure my special day was amazing. And it was!

Profile Picture User3773622, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
0.5

I would not recommend anybody deal with this company or with the manager who is a woman named Frances. At first it seemed like a real nice place and Frances seemed like a real nice lady but she is very unorganized and unprofessional. We made a appointment to sit down and go through and sign the contract which she didn't have but still wanted us to pay the deposit. She hardly ever returned phone calls and the only reliable way to get in touch with her is through e-mail. I also made several attempts to stop by her office and make payments and she was never there. She even lost two of the checks we gave to her as payment and didn't respond to us for several days when we kept trying to figure out if she found it or not. She even tried to make it seem like we didn't even give her the check in the first place. She found the check a couple weeks later after we had already placed a stop payment on it. On the day of my wedding she had decorations wrong we paid extra to have a extravagant backdrop and we didn't. She put together this cheap little column set up 30 mins before the wedding. There are also a lot hidden charges that are not discussed in the beginning. She told us a week before our wedding that we need to pay extra to have our cake cut. Every time we looked up there were little charges we had to pay that were not discussed in the beginning or in the contract. She also kept insisting that we pay for a second bartender when we had already paid for one. I would not tell anybody to have their event with these people I had a lot a stress and worry throughout the whole process. If we could do it all over again we would not have had our wedding here.

Marcus & Diane Brand
September 20, 2014

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Diane, 9/20/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Ms. Frances was very sweet, professional, and accommodating my needs as the bride! She is filled with great wedding ideas!

Profile Picture Tomika, 6/14/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Appling Manor and its owner/coordinator (Ms. Frances) exceeded my expectations in every way! I am particularly picky and wanted things my own ways. Frances not only accommodated all my needs, she also went out of her ways to make sure I got everything I wanted. She made my visions into reality and I just couldn't believe it! My wedding received so much compliments and I had her to thanked. Also, she has wonderful staff! they are courteous and professional, they made the whole night ran smoothly while I get to run around half drunk! A++++

Profile Picture User4183694, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
0.0

I used this vendor for the planning and venue for my wedding on 3/8/14. Everything sounded really great on the front end but the reality did not not match the promises. We experienced one problem after another. The runner down the center aisle was left in a big roll at the rear of the building and obstructed the wedding party members as they entered for the ceremony and guests as they arrived. The time required to set up for the reception was much longer than promised leaving guests huddled in a cramped room. There was no cake server as promised at the reception and the utensils with the cake were broken. We had to cut the cake ourselves using make shift items. The vendor did not put out our wedding favors during the reception as promised causing us to waste money and prevented us from giving our loved ones a momento of our wedding. The vendor did not respond to phone calls for help and there was nobody from the company available on location to address the problems during the event. When we voiced our displeasure at the service the Banquet Hall Lady quickly became quite rude. She was unwilling to discuss any of the problems we encountered.

While some weddings handled by this vendor no doubt went well, mine certainly did not. I have read a number of other reviews about this vendor since my wedding that also mentioned poor service. I have had friends getting married ask if I had recommendations for their wedding. I have been happy to recommend my photographer, DJ, and other parties involved with my wedding. But I have told them they should avoid this vendor.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Lauren, 3/8/14, 1 Review
Services Used: Cake, Event Planning, Linens, Outside Cake, Indoor, Chairs

Mrs. Frances was a joy and a blessing to work with. She made our day elegant and special, just as we wanted. She was always available for any questions I had and worked around our schedule for meetings. I highly recommend her and all the services that she has to offer!

Profile Picture Shronda, 2/8/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Wedding Cake

The event was a class reunion, not a wedding and turned out to be a beautiful event.

Profile Picture Sophia, 10/19/13, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor

This banquet hall was so beautiful decorated in the colors of my wedding. Mrs. Francis was very informative about any questions that I had. She responded to my emails and phone calls in a timely manner. Also, since I had to pay for my own wedding, this hall offered a great package plan. The host was also great during my event and I would definitely recommend this banquet hall to anyone looking to have a nice, yet elegant wedding on a tight budget.

Profile Picture User2648921, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
3.8

The catering services were great. The set up of the tables were awesome. Would highly recommend this place for parties...

Profile Picture Teresa, 9/7/12, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Everything was great. From the very start of getting the hall to the completion of the dinner and dance. My family had a ball and enjoyed everything.

Profile Picture Sonji , 9/1/12, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Flowers, Lighting & Decor

They were absolutely amazing!! My wedding was beautiful and everything that I could have imagined thanks to Mrs. Frances and Ms. Flora! These are two amazing women who took sooo much weight off of my shoulders! All I had to do is tell them what I wanted, well actually I only gave them an idea of what I wanted and they brought it to life!!! I couldn't have picked a better venue. And the entire staff was wonderful! Very helpful and just there every step of the way! I highly recommend Banquet Halls of the Mid-South!!!

Profile Picture Cynthia, 8/25/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I had my daughter's sweet 16 party at the Bartlett Banquet Hall. She and her friends had a great time. My daughter's theme was Mardi Gras and the banquest hall was decorated perfectly. Family and Friends loved the Banquet Hall and complimented the decor,the food and the staff.

The staff is helpful and very professional.
I will keep this place in mind ofr future events.

Thank you so much for your help. I did not think I could give Laura such a great sweet sixteen party on my budget.

Profile Picture Zelma, 2/18/12, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Lighting & Decor, Party Supplies, Unique Services (Other)

In less that ten weeks Barbara at the Bartlett Banquet Hall put together the perfect wedding. The hall was wonderful, the center pieces, the lighting were just the way I wanted. The food was great, all my folks loved it. Barbara did it all, even when I called to change the number of quests. The wedding was just perfect, picture perfect. Thank you Banquet Halls of the Mid-South and a heart felt THANK YOU to Barbara.

Profile Picture Pam, 7/23/11, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Dear Frances & Staff (Mrs. Flora & Barbara), I don't know how to say THANK YOU without having tears forming in my eyes. You guys have made my day so outstanding. I had worries but I left them in the quality hands of Frances and her Staff, everything I have asked for and much more was given to me. Example: I brought in a Candy Station, Chocolate Fountain and etc...I was not ready for all the work that came with it but Mrs. Flora Seldon told me not to worry she will handle it all and her word was worth more than gold, she is truly a great listener and all my worries were worked out with Flora handle it all so THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH... if anyone need a quality staff that listens and that really cares call Frances ...901.314.9000 she and her staff truly deserves the BRIDES CHOICE FOR 2011. I was celebrating my 25th Wedding Anniversary with having just that a real live wedding and everything was what a dreamt it would be. So I know she will be there from start to finish so dream big and let them do their magic.....

Sandra & Freddy Hayes
Piedmont, Al 36272

Profile Picture Sandra, 4/9/11, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

5 STARS ACROSS THE BOARD!!!!!!!!! Need I say more......

Profile Picture almeta, 3/19/11, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Frances ( Banquet Hall Lady )& Flora from Banquet Halls of the Mid South did a stupendous & wonderful job for our wedding and reception!!!! We highly recommend their services!!!! Frances & Flora were very professional and there every step of the way to answer all questions. They assisted us to make sure all wedding plans were laid out from start to finish in very intricate detail!!! They made our special day very memorable!!!

Kudos!! for Banquet Halls of the Mid South they get a 5 star rating!!!!

Seth & Cynthia Lomack

Profile Picture Seth & Cynthia , 2/26/11, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

very helpful; flexible ... so accommodating ... from first meeting to day of event

Profile Picture Jane, 1/27/11, 1 Review

I have finally had an opportunity to post a review. I had the BEST experience that a bride could ever have! Mrs. Frances actually got extremely sick during planning time and I worried heavily but she left me in the hands of Ms. Flora Seldon who handled everything from start to finish with very limited time. I truly would reccommend Mrs. Frances and Staff to all who are planning ANY event!

Profile Picture Tangela, 12/4/10, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Wedding Planning

Banquet Halls of the MidSouth provided excellent service. The Ballroom, Food and decoration were awesome. This vendor receives an A+ from me

Profile Picture Dorothy, 10/23/10, 1 Review

Frances provided everything we needed, wanted, and more! She was not the type of vendor who "sticks to the guidelines" because if I wanted it, then she made it happen. She also went above and beyond and provided something that I wanted, but didn't see it happening in my budget. The Bridge at Lakeland was a beautiful facility for what we needed. Frances and Flora were great to work with, and I highly recommend them!

Profile Picture Nicole, 9/4/10, 1 Review