BAM Events Reviews

BAM Events 7
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 08/10/2019

Could recommend more - Blair was beyond our expectationstions

Having Blair be our day of coordinator was absolutely the best decision we ever made. Blair was an absolute rockstar, so energetic and organized - she went above and beyond every step of the way. Leading up to the wedding, she was extremely responsive, quick to offer her help or insights, and genuinely so easy to work with. She established relationships with all of our vendors (6+) and took ownership of all communication the week of. Based on our interactions, I knew we were in good hands for the wedding - but somehow she managed to still exceed our expectations. She anticipated our every need and was everywhere we needed her to be. She even stopped by the hotel before to make sure we were all organized and ready to go. She did it all! The rehearsal, the license paperwork, dress steaming, the bustling, the boutineers, the bridal bathroom trips, making sure we ate and always had a cold beverage - you name it, she did it. She even helped our bashful ring bearer get down the aisle! Our bridal party and families were obsessed with her too. We has the most perfect wedding because of Blair and can say with 100% confidence it would not be what it was if she was not our coordinator. We were so so lucky to have her. We could not recommend her more. Best money we spent for the entire wedding.

Sent on 08/29/2019
  • Becca

Becca Westelman · Married on 03/09/2019

Blair is the best wedding gift you can give yourself.

I’ve worked in PR for years and planned hundreds of events, but when it came to planning my own wedding, I was completely overwhelmed — I was crippled by indecision. I had no idea where to start and had started to totally resent the entire wedding planning process… that’s when Blair stepped in and changed EVERYTHING. From the moment she took the reins, the stress and angst I had associated with wedding prep totally disappeared; I was able to actually enjoy the process because I knew that Blair was running the show, and had things under control.

I imagine there’s lots of brides out there who hesitate to hire a wedding planner because they don’t want to lose the experience of planning their wedding themselves — but that’s exactly why Blair’s approach is so unique. She’s a true partner, and operates as such. She has a gift for understanding other people’s visions, and being able to execute them perfectly. She has the organizational skills, the vision, the drive and the connections (more on those in a second) to pull off events of any size, at any budget… all while keeping you laughing the whole time. She’s always on top of her game, and no detail, no matter how small, goes unnoticed or unaddressed. She also has a warm familiarity that makes you feel like you’ve known her your whole life. She has the perfect bedside manner for a wedding planner; she’s calm, cool and collected (which is contagious!) and isn’t afraid to lay down the hammer and be direct and firm when warranted. She’s a force to be reckoned with, and exactly who you want in your corner.

As the President of the International Live Events Association (ILEA) in Boston, Blair has access to the most incredible networks of vendors imaginable. She knows everyone, and has them on speed dial (and they all adore her). Her wonderful, personal relationships with these individuals — venues, caterers, bands/DJs, florists, rental groups — result in seamless collaboration, and allow her to pull together flawless events. Our vendors knew exactly where they needed to be and exactly what needed to happen when, which was directly a result of her clear communication and diligent coordination leading up to the event. Not one person — vendor, family member or otherwise — reached out to me directly on our wedding day with an errant question or request… because Blair made sure that everyone had everything they needed well in advance, leaving me and my husband to simply be present and enjoy our wedding day. The only texts we got that day were well-wishes — no one asking about transportation, or where the after party was, etc.

If you needed more convincing, let me share two small moments from our wedding that truly capture who Blair is as an event planner, and as a person:

The first was seeing Blair deftly sewing my grandmother’s baby ring (my ‘something borrowed’) into the bust line of my dress, so that it would be close to my heart the whole day. It was the tiniest of details, but it has such immense impact — and she found the time to make it happen.

The second moment came later in the evening, during our reception. We had already been dancing for hours when the lead singer of our band (Hot Mess - another must-have, who Blair obviously recommended) announced that they had a surprise for us… and called up my father (a life-long musician) to the stage to play “American Girl” by Tom Petty alongside the entire band. I knew in an instant that Blair was behind it — she knew how much something like that would mean to me, and made it happen, putting the band and my dad in touch months before so they could plan it. The entire venue went WILD - it was a moment that my dad, my husband, our guests and I will certainly never forget. These moments capture Blair perfectly — from the smallest, most private moment to the biggest and most visible, she not only delivered, but went above and beyond to do so.

TL;DR: if you plan on getting married and want to actually enjoy your wedding day… you need Blair. From the high-level vision planning to the day-of execution — Blair was the most valuable asset we had in our wedding arsenal. I am forever grateful to have had her driving this event, and to have her in my life.

Sent on 07/16/2019
    BAM Events 18
    BAM Events 19

Kate · Married on 11/17/2018

Fantastic Experience

Having Blair as our wedding reception planner was the best money we spent on the entire event! She totally understood our nontraditional vision to have a cocktail reception with a food truck and without many of the traditional wedding elements. We had our party at a small venue that is mostly DIY and required coordination from multiple vendors and a lot of rentals. Blair knew exactly what we needed after our walk through the venue together. She reached out to different rental vendors to get us everything at the best pricing. She gently pointed out what we needed to address and offered helpful solutions along the way. She was always very quick to respond to any of my questions via email.

She took care of all of the coordination with the vendors weeks before the event. She stopped by our house to pick up any party supplies we needed to bring on the day of. She also took care of all the day of set up including shoveling snow from a patio herself for our outdoor tent! The evening ran incredibly smoothly and the event space was stunning because of her! She went above and beyond to meet all of our needs during the event. She even gathered all of our stuff together at the end of the night to ensure that our things made it home with us.

Lastly, Blair is an incredibly down to earth, kind and fun person to work with! We cannot recommend her highly enough to anyone looking for help with a wedding or any other event.

Sent on 11/20/2018
  • Sara

Sara · Married on 11/10/2018

The Wedding Boss!!!!

I met Blair in a unique way - my original planner cancelled my contract 4 months away from our date and referred me to Blair to take over the contract. It turned out to be the best thing to ever happen because Blair is AMAZING and I seriously would have missed out with another planner.

As someone with a lot of event planning in her background, I essentially wanted a clone of me to handle the day of preparations so I could just sit back and relax and Blair did just that. She is a BOSS and gets it done. I have zero complaints. From the initial meeting, I felt at ease with her and could tell she knew what she was doing. HIRE HER!

My family and guests all loved her and raved about her all night and the next day. I couldn’t have done it without Blair and her team! If I could do it all again, I’d hire her again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 11/18/2018
  • W

William · Married on 10/06/2018

Blair is amazing to have as the day of management/coordination. We have had her for both of our daughters’ weddings. Her work began months ahead understanding the details and how each of them wanted their details completed. The two weddings were a year apart and the details were very different, but Blair understood each detail and managed everything. On the actual day this FOB was put at ease by the professionalism and attention to every detail that she provided. She managed the vendors, the audio, the ceremony, the timings, the wedding party, (oh... and the relatives issues!!!). All with a speed and professional courtesy that made the day amazing. We could not have done these weddings without her. We would use her again and highly recommend her for anyone!!!

Sent on 10/08/2018

Katrina · Married on 06/23/2018

Amazing, stress free.

Blair went above and beyond to make sure my special day went as smoothly as possible. She puts her heart and soul into her work and her passion truly shows. I would recommend Blair to everyone for any event. With her you can garentee a stress free event. Thank you Blair for everything!!!

Sent on 11/21/2018

Christi · Married on 04/22/2018

Saving Grace

I hired Blair to help with some wedding items and day of coordination. Blair ended up being a saving grace! We lost our wedding venue coordinator a few weeks before our wedding and were placed with someone new we hadn't worked with. I'm sure this happens all the time but it's certainly unnerving for the bride! Blair ended up being my point person on the day of at the venue and I certainly felt more at ease that things were getting done right! I couldn't thank Blair enough for being there and stepping in to help. She's worth every penny and she'll get the job done.

Sent on 10/24/2018
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 10/01/2017

The Absolute Best!

Blair is amazing! Both in the planning phase and at the wedding. I honestly don’t know what we would have done without her. She made sure everything ran smoothly with all the vendors, setup, and even held my cranky 2 year old son during the ceremony. Everyone was very impressed. I would highly recommend her!

Sent on 11/13/2018

Holli · Married on 08/19/2017

Blair was, by far, the best investment from our wedding. I work in marketing so events are my thing, but my sister convinced us to hire a day of coordinator because no one wants to run their own wedding! Blair took our extensive notes (and spreadsheets...and powerpoints...) and turned our vision into reality. I couldn't tell you if there were any vendor problems that day because Blair handled everything (including the guests!). One year later, Blair returned and coordinated my sister's wedding! She is so much fun, can control your groomsmen with one look, and gets it done regardless of the conditions. She face-planted in mud for our family last weekend and we are eternally grateful. You cannot go wrong hiring Blair - I wouldn't be surprised if we hire her again for a baby shower, birthday or vow renewal in the future. She's family now!

Sent on 10/11/2018

Jesse · Married on 07/31/2017

Blair did a great job. Great at what she does and put it together so nice. Would not have changed anything!

Sent on 01/18/2018

Melissa · Married on 09/24/2016

Blair is nothing short of an angel! My wedding was on 09/24/16. It was a backyard tented wedding - which required a lot of vendors. (Tables, chairs, decor, tent, draping, caterers, DJ, photographer, the list is pretty much never ended.) I started to look for a day of coordinator after realizing there was going to be a lot of moving pieces on my wedding day. After speaking to a lot of other coordinators & event companies, I felt most comfortable with Blair. She proved to be incredibly responsive, understanding, real, and helpful. In the weeks leading up to my wedding, Blair was always right there when I needed her. There were some hiccups with my vendors and she gave me the best advice on how to handle them and she jumped right in to take over when I became overwhelmed. For my wedding rehearsal and wedding day, she was just INCREDIBLE. Everything was set up exactly how I wanted it. She didn't skip a beat. I can't emphasize enough that every sign, every decoration, every vendor was exactly where they needed to be. I truly got to relax and be a bride because Blair was fearless. She didn't hesitate to do whatever it took to make our day perfect. Without her, I would have been running around like a crazy person trying to get it all together and answer everyone's questions. My family & friends are still raving about how fantastic she was! She made our day a dream come true.

She is truly, truly fantastic at what she does & I would recommend her for ANY event.

Sent on 01/22/2018
  • Susan

Susan · Married on 05/28/2016

Blair is amazing and beyond reliable!

I must admit I am very bias in my review- Blair is my niece and extremely talented. She has given her time and thoughts to help guide and organize her cousin/my daughter’s wedding. From her wonderful ideas, great invitation creations, and so many thoughtful little touches - she is the best at what she does! She was a blessing in organizing and implementing at our bridal luncheon and so many things for the wedding. Thank you so much and you are a blast always 😘 😘 ❤️

Sent on 07/18/2019
  • F

Flora · Married on 10/17/2015

Blair was a godsend for my daughters wedding. The bride and groom live in Chicago, the groom's family in Philadelphia the bride's in Mass, wedding party scattered around the world and the wedding was taking place in Connecticut. It was a logistics nightmare, but we had Blair. She came to our house and helped me with the favors, the centerpieces, the goody bags for the hotel guests and the baskets for the lavatories. She took all that stuff (11 banana boxes full) to Connecticut, stayed for the weekend and tended to our every need even running out to get a crochet hook for the wedding gown buttons. To make a long story short we had a wedding where everything went perfectly, and if it didn't Blair took care of it and we were not aware. One daughter down two to go, I should put Blair on retainer.

Sent on 01/26/2018
    BAM Events 20

Laurie · Married on 10/12/2014

Blair is Amazing

Simply put, Blair is amazing. She has definitely found her niche in this world. Blair has helped me with numerous events over the years and her help, guidance and knowledge has also been immeasurable. Whether it has been a Bridal Shower, Baby Shower or Birthday Party, she has always made every event unique and special. She has so many incredible ideas and the amazing ability to pull incredible things off on short notice (Sorry Blair). I would 1000% recommend Blair for ANY event you may be planning.

Sent on 11/14/2018
  • User2027663 · 2+ years ago

AMAZING!!!! Look no further!!!

I am a planner that recently hired Blair to help execute day of for my sister-in-law. It is hard for me to let go at events that I plan for obvious reasons. Well, let me tell you, Blair is the best gift ever!!! She handled everything professionally, my family wouldn't stop saying how incredible she was, and she literally took care of everything. I didn't even have my phone with me during the wedding and it never rang!! The wedding was on time and Blair took care of my sister-in-law so I could be a wedding guest. I HIGHLY recommend! :)

Sent on 08/19/2019