Ba-Li Cravings Reviews

31 | Ithaca, NY

31 Reviews for Ba-Li Cravings

• Sarah

Sarah Stumbo · Getting married on 10/16/2021

Incredible food & service!! Perfect for our micro-wedding.

Tal went above and beyond to make our very intimate wedding celebration feel special. We only had 6 people total (my husband and me, plus our parents) but Tal delivered a dinner & dessert menu worthy of a huge reception. All of the food was so delicious- the appetizers, the entrees and of course her incredible desserts. I would recommend Ba-Li to anyone looking for catering for an event of any size.

Sent on 10/23/2020

Ba-Li Cravings's reply:

Sarah, the love in your wedding, the happiness and your dad's speech! Felt like a big event! Thank you for this beautiful review! Cheers to an
    Amazing life ahead xoxo

Betsy Cheney · Getting married on 05/07/2021

Great Rehearsal Dinner Cateriing Experience!

Working with Tal was a delight! She was very flexible, had many wonderful menu selections and everyone LOVED the food for the rehearsal dinner! It was perfect in every way and the groom and bride-to-be couldn’t have been happier ~ as HUGE fans of Mediterranean food! The enitire process was super easy and Tal was very responsive, friendly and provided excellent service! I would hire Ba-Li Cravings catering again in a second!

Sent on 08/10/2020

Laurel Gilmer · Getting married on 12/10/2020

Amazing food and great service!

Tal at Ba-Li Cravings makes truly spectacular food. Everything – appetizers, mains, desserts, breads – is outstanding and delicious. It doesn’t matter if you’re having a tiny event like we were, she still treats everything with the same high level of care and attention, making excellent suggestions for us. She created an amazing custom cake, too! Our family couldn’t stop raving about how great everything was. Since COVID, you can even order from her website for a Friday night dinner, which is a real treat. Any chance you have to eat from Ba-Li Cravings, do it!

Sent on 11/07/2020

Ba-Li Cravings's reply:

Thank you so so so much. It was my absolute pleasure. Your wedding was beautiful and full of love! Sending you lots of love!

Angela Larosa · Married on 06/14/2020

Exceptional!

Bali Cravings was hands-down the best choice for our wedding day! There are truly no words to express our gratitude for Tal’s exceptional service! From day one, Tal was attentive to our needs, flexible, organized, and always very responsive. We feel like we hit the jackpot when we found her. If she had a restaurant we would be there regularly...as her food is just the best. Our guests couldn’t stop complimenting on how delicious the food was, and her baked goods were some of the best we’ve ever had! She also made our wedding cake and when I saw it I compared it to something you’d see on Pinterest...not only did it look amazing but it was honestly some of the best cake we’ve ever had! We plan to make the trip to see her again and order another cake on our anniversaries. We just can’t thank Tal enough, and are forever grateful to her!

Sent on 09/07/2020

Rj · Married on 03/10/2020

Fabulous!!!

Tal is fabulous to work with and truly cares about your event going flawlessly. The food is outstanding and Tal handles all the details so you can relax and enjoy your special day!

Sent on 10/17/2019

Carly Nichols · Married on 09/14/2019

Wonderful!

Tal’s food was delicious! So many people commented that it was the best food they’ve had at a wedding- even our photographer! The staff was wonderful, cheerful and flawless, and everything was so seamlessly prepared I didn’t think anything about the logistics on the day of the wedding- besides how wonderful it all tasted! We had rented a pavilion at Taughannock Falls so everything had to be brought in and out, Tal and her team did it beautifully! Tal shared wonderful dishes for us to taste when we were planning and was very open to whatever we wanted. She was great to work with! We had several people with food allergies and preferences that were all satisfied with the options available.

Sent on 09/24/2019

Ba-Li Cravings's reply:

Thank you Carly. I talk about your wedding all the time. How the sun came out on you as you walked down the aisle and how incredible you looked and how amazng your mom was to work with and the love all around. Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your day.

Ria Hy · Married on 09/14/2019

Amazing Food and Great Service

I worked with Ba-Li Cravings recently on a rehearsal dinner for a client of mine. Tal was great to work with throughout the planning process and at the event itself. The food was outstanding!

Sent on 09/26/2019

Ba-Li Cravings's reply:

Thank you! Pleasure working with you. And Gratitude and Grace is a beautiful venue to be at. Anytime!

Coty · Married on 09/14/2019

So fresh and flavorful!

Their food was amazing and their service impeccable. We got so many compliments on it from our guests! So fresh and flavorful! Highly recommend!

Sent on 09/30/2019

Thank you Coty!
    It was a great evening!
    Your family and friends are incredible
    All the best
    Much love

Rebecca Baum · Married on 09/01/2019

Nothing Compares to Bai-Li!

Picture yourself immersed in the event of your dreams, with all of your gourmet food wishes granted. That’s what you get when you hire Tal and Bai-Li Catering. She actually makes your dreams come true. She will do whatever it takes to make your event unforgettable. You can tell she truly loves her chosen profession and the passion is in the product!

Sent on 09/03/2019

Ba-Li Cravings's reply:

Thank you so so much. I loved every moment of it. You guys are incredible. The love in the room was moving, the welcome toasts you did were beautiful. You two are funny, kind and I wish you Love always!
  • Urshila

Urshila Sriram · Married on 08/09/2019

Wonderful experience!

We loved working with Tal for our wedding reception! She was so warm, accommodating, and responsive to our needs. Tal's food was delicious and offered a wide variety of options for all dietary preferences (e.g. gluten-free, vegetarian, vegan). Our family members and friends enjoyed everything immensely! Tal also supported us through the planning process by coordinating our rentals, connecting us with local vendors, and setting-up the venue. Whenever any issues arose, Tal was there to help us resolve them (no questions asked). We could not have executed such a lovely event without her! Her staff were equally welcoming and professional and helped everything run smoothly. We would highly recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 08/12/2019

Ba-Li Cravings's reply:

Thank you! Urshila and Alex I wish you two the most incredible life together!
    Thank you for allowing me to be part of your day!

Daniel Leraul · Married on 07/13/2019

Generous, warm-hearted

Tal is a delight and her food is delicious. She's a bundle of energy who always has your best interests at heart. She not only blended many of our preferred flavors into her delicious Middle Eastern cookery, she even attempted her take on a complex Indian dish that we love. Moreover, she offered some advice about planning, set up, design that others would charge for —just enough to make things run smoothly. As we were planning our wedding ourselves, I can't thank Tal enough for her help from beginning to end. From the bar (included in the price), to the reception hors d'oeuvres, and the meal, to the phenomenal dessert table and a simple but utterly delicious wedding cake, she handled it all. She was for us not just a caterer, but a rock who soothed whatever anxieties and answered whatever question. We owe the loveliness of our wedding to Tal and her team.

Sent on 07/29/2019

Ba-Li Cravings's reply:

Thank you! I absolutely loved every moment of planning with you and your wedding was beautiful, like the two of you. I wish you the most incredible life ahead
    Much love!

David · Married on 09/29/2018

Ba-Li Cravings, run by Tal, was wonderful! Easy to work with, very accommodating, reliable, and (most importantly) the food was absolutely delicious! I would highly recommend and will be looking for opportunities to work with them again.

Sent on 10/11/2018

David, thank you!
    It was wonderful to be part of your beautiful day!
    Send my regards to your mom. I hope she tried making some of the things......

Julie · Married on 07/14/2018

Tal and her team were outstanding! Before committing, Tal invited us to sample her delicious food. We were hooked. She listened to our every request and embraced the challenge to feed 150 people family style! Tal allows you to personalize her unique menu to meet your cocktail hour and reception needs. Her staff was attentive, professional and understanding. Our carnivores, vegetarian and gluten free guests were completely satisfied with the meal. Tal was an absolute joy to work with and her food is scrumptious!

Sent on 07/31/2018

Ba-Li Cravings's reply:

Thank you so so much! I loved working with you. you are incredible. i miss you already

Love

Jasmine · Married on 06/16/2018

TAL IS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!! I cannot praise her and her team enough - hiring her was definitely one of the best wedding decisions we made!
    Her food is incredible - my family could not stop raving about how good it was. My dad's side of the family is Israeli, so we really wanted Middle-Eastern food for the wedding and were thrilled to have something not only authentic, but really just amazingly good (I'm still daydreaming about the kebab).
    Beyond the food itself, Tal herself went way beyond the call of duty as a caterer. She gave us so much advice throughout the wedding planning process, even visited the venue with my husband to figure out table layout, decorations, etc. She's very responsive, knowledgeable, and on top of things, and was always willing to talk to us by phone to sort out any details we were confused about. On top of that, she's also an incredibly friendly, warm person. Do yourself a favor and hire her - she is the BEST!

Sent on 06/27/2018

Ba-Li Cravings's reply:

Jasmine, you madey heart explode. Thank you. What a beautiful event, your family, your dad and Aunt Loly are amazing. Be happy, be in love always, and come back to share your life with me.... Hugs to you both. Careful juggling those knives Nate.

Haley · Married on 06/02/2018

Tal had great, unique ideas for our wedding food and was very friendly and accommodating. We had a lot of dietary restrictions (vegetarian, vegan, gluten free) and she accommodated everything easily with delicious food. The wait staff was very professional and kind, and I really enjoyed working with them all. I really felt like they all cared about us and making our wedding as special as possible. Thank you Tal and team!

Sent on 06/03/2018

Haley
    What a fantastic wedding! I enjoyed every moment of planning as well as celebrating with you! may you have a fantastic life together, surrounded by your loving family and friends

David Astorina · Married on 03/13/2018

Delicious food that make you look good!

I have called Tal when I needed catering with a short lead time and she never fails to provide beautiful, delicious food that creates conversation and a fun environment. There is alway something for everyone in the room to enjoy whether they are Vegan, Gluten Free or Paleo. I can't wait for the next time I can hire Bali-Cravings!

Sent on 11/14/2018

Ba-Li Cravings's reply:

Thank you Dave for this. I truly appreciate working with you. Always fun and delicious. Looking forward to many more events....

Patricia & Peter · Married on 10/28/2017

We loved working with Tal! She was friendly and very professional, listening carefully to our wants as well as our needs. She met with us at the party venue; offered helpful suggestions; and answered our questions with great courtesy and kindness. And honestly, almost 3 months after the gathering, people are still raving about the food she prepared and served so graciously. Everyone was happy - whether they were vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free or omnivorous! Both our eyes and our taste-buds were treated to culinary delights that not only met, but exceeded our expectations. We wholeheartedly recommend Tal and Ba Li Cravings Catering!! Even her website will set your mouth watering:)

Sent on 01/21/2018

Ba-Li Cravings's reply:

oh Pat! what a wonderful review. I loved working with you and Peter and being part of your wonderful, loving and caring event. Your family and friends are amazing. Thank you!

Jessica · Married on 09/09/2017

Guests consistently complimented how amazing the food at our wedding was ( even after our wedding! ) Tal and her staff were very kind, efficient and hard working. They truly helped us have an amazing reception, with great food and service!

We couldn't be happier with how our even turned out!

Sent on 10/09/2017

Jessica

Thank you! you guys are truly missed! It is fun seeing your past year, full of so many experiences
    Thank you for having me a part of your fantastic day

Jennifer · Married on 09/03/2017

Working with Tal was amazing every step of the way! She is extremely flexible and professional. And mostly importantly, her desserts are absolutely delicious. My fiancé and I did not want a traditional cake and Tal worked with us to find an alternative that worked for what we envisioned. She made sure we had enough desserts to freeze for our one year anniversary. We can't wait to eat them!

Sent on 10/09/2017

Ba-Li Cravings's reply:

Jennifer, What an incredible wedding it was! Thank you for having me be a part of it. It was a real pleasure bringing the sweets and setting up the beautiful dessert table.

Krista · Married on 07/22/2017

Tal and her team from Ba-Li cravings did an amazing job for my backyard wedding. I would highly recommend her! The food is INCREDIBLE and I can't wait to have it again sometime soon. Such a unique variety of delicious things!! So many of my guests came up to tell me how delicious our meal was! And her desserts were delightful! My favourite part was taste testing everything before our big day. Yum!:) She made sure to give plenty of options so we could find us the best menu.
    I loved working with Tal too! She's such a lovely lady! Right from the start she was so accommodating and helpful during our wedding plans. Since I do not live in Ithaca, I appreciated her quick emails, Skype phone calls, and texts during the days being at home in Toronto. She returned messages quickly and provided us with a lot of useful advice in wedding plans. She also knows a lot of people!! We got our great DJ from her recommendation!

And on the day of she was amazing! She took over and let my husband and I enjoy the day, while she ran such a smooth event for us. We had the best day and I really owe so much of that to Ba-Li cravings!:)

Sent on 01/19/2018

Ba-Li Cravings's reply:

Thank you for this amazing review! I loved catering your wedding and being a part of the planning of this wonderful day! I hope to see you soon. XOXO

Caitlyn · Married on 07/01/2017

We used Ba-Li Cravings for our wedding and can't recommend them enough! Tal is wonderful! She has great ideas, is easy to work with, and her food is delicious. My favorite was her salmon with almonds on top and of course all her desserts! Tal and her team made sure my wedding ran smoothly and that all our decorations were put up and taken down. I didn't have to worry about anything. I highly recommend using Ba-Li Cravings for your wedding!

Sent on 07/08/2017

Caitlyn,
    What an honor to cater your beautiful wedding. You and Brian are the most wonderful couple. Your creativity and passion were wonderful to be part of. What a perfect day and I wish you both a perfect life ahead XOXO

Margaret · Married on 09/04/2016

If you want wholesome, delicious, fresh food at your wedding festivities, Ba-Li Cravings Catering is your number 1 choice. They are extremely accommodating to every palate and sensitivity, and you needn't expect less in terms of flavor when ordering gluten free, vegan or vegetarian. Quite the contrary! At every event I've used Ba-Li Cravings, the food was the main attraction!

Sent on 09/21/2016

Sarah · Married on 07/02/2016

I recently got married in Ithaca and had the best experience working with Tal Cohen and her amazing team. I was looking for something different for my wedding food. As a manager of a restaurant and previous chef, delicious food made with love and served with care is something I'm passionate about. Tal and her catering business Ba-Li Cravings more than met this expectation. Her food makes you feel at home, even if you're experiencing a dish for the first time. It's fresh, healthy and so tasty- the best kind of food to have served at an event! If that isn't enough you will love working one on one with Tal before your event. She is attentive, gives great advice and knows what she's talking about. She made me feel at ease during such a big moment in my life, and truly redefines the world of wedding catering. Thank you Tal for helping my special day turn out exactly as I dreamed, making sure I got to try the Bourekas before dinner, adding in a personal cheesecake just for us and for treating me like family. I would highly recommend you to anyone!

With love,
    Sarah Pallo Tompkins

Sent on 09/26/2016

Sarah

How are you doing? Love to hear from you!
    I hope you are having a fantastic time together
    XOXO

Jeffrey · Married on 06/18/2016

we were in town planning the wedding and were strapped for time. the owner Tal offered to come to our hotel to help us save time and brought many samples for us to try. we didn't make it easy on her as instead of the "traditional wedding cake" we decided to go with overly fancy cheese cake. she was absolutely amazing and the presentation at the reception was absolutely beautiful.

Sent on 09/28/2016

Dan · Married on 03/19/2016

The cake and sweets that Tal prepared where great. Let here give you suggestions as well she has great ideas.

Sent on 09/25/2016