B Resort & Spa Lake Buena Vista Reviews

19 Reviews for B Resort & Spa Lake Buena Vista

• Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 07/13/2019

Best Honeymoon

We had our honeymoon here and it was the best choice we made! All the staff was very friendly and attentive.

Sent on 07/20/2019

Elizabeth · Married on 10/20/2018

Amazing!!!

This resort was absolutely amazing for the wedding. Kim was just perfect. She was also quick to respond to any questions we had and was also very understanding. We had to postpone our first reservation due to personal circumstances and she insured that we were taken care of and our date was moved. She also really made us feel important and like we were the only couple/event she was working on. We also got our catering through the resort and it was absolutely delicious.

Sent on 11/05/2018

B Resort & Spa Lake Buena Vista's reply:

Thank you Elizabeth. It was such a pleasure to work with you and Ian on making your special day one of a kind. I appreciate your kind words. All the best to you and your family.

Jamillia · Married on 07/07/2017

We can't say enough about The B and how Kim and her team made our wedding day spectacular. We are from NYC and needed to find a venue that would be great at communicating with us and meeting our needs for our intimate wedding. We never saw the venue in person until our rehearsal which was scary but speaking with Kim basically everyday put those fears at ease. Not only did we email constantly but we were given a tour via FaceTime to make sure our vision was met. The B is great for the frugal bride who wants to DIY a lot of their wedding. They were open to us setting up our own flowers and decor which saved us a lot of $$. Their wedding packages come with a lot of great things which again saved us a lot of $$ and was a great value for what we spent. The food was amazing, The B team was amazing from beginning to end, the hotel is beautiful and our guests loved it. They exceeded our expectations! It was a great choice for us and we truly could rave about them all day. Thank you so much Kim, Ceasar, Hugo, and all the rest of The B team who made our day truly magical!

Sent on 07/22/2017

Rose · Married on 08/13/2016

All of the vendors were amazing.

Sent on 08/23/2016

The B Resort was everything I could of possibly dreamed of. A small intimate wedding with stunning-posh decor, delicious food, and fantastic location near Disney...simply smashing. Everything was what I had imagined and Missy was quite spectacular. She was prompt, tidy, and very personable. She made my mum and family feel at ease.

Sent on 03/17/2016

Mona · Married on 01/02/2016

booked with the B and wasn't disappointed. SO many things went wrong day of my wedding but this was the one thing that went right. The food in particular was outstanding. We ran into a few bumps lighting wise but it was fine.

Sent on 01/19/2016

Ed · Married on 12/25/2015

My review may be overdue, but the memories Missy, Cesar and her team provided were unforgetable. Super professional employees and a dream team to work with. Always one step ahead on top of everything, complete attention to detail and extremely helpful from the very start to my extreme last minute reminders. I would have been lost without Missy. And I'm thankful how accomedating Cesar was during rehearsal and during the wedding, even during my Bridezilla moments - they are sincerely an excellent team that know exactly what they are doing and how to handle each and every situation in the best possible way! The hotel is gorgeous, the sleeping rooms are stylish, and the food Chef Justin created was delicious and exactly how I wanted it. I would recommend this place and the A+++ service to any couple. Demand Missy, Cesar and Chef Justin, two words --DREAM TEAM.

Sent on 08/28/2016

D.M. · Married on 11/08/2015

Missy and the team at the B Resort made our special day a magical one. We were very pleased with the venue space, the team, the service, the food and attention to detail. There are many points of contact in planning and carrying out such an event and the entire team was responsive, attentive and a true pleasure to work with. Our guests are still raving about the wedding and without hesitation, we would highly recommend the B for a stress-free event.

Sent on 11/23/2015

Vanessa · Married on 10/01/2015

I had a small wedding and dinner and it was one of the most memorable day of my life. Missy and staff made it beyond my dreams. She was very genuine and helped us stay with our budget. I had planned everything over the phone without viewing venue and put my trust in her. I am so happy we chose this venue.

Sent on 04/06/2016

My husband and I recently had our big, fat, Indian wedding at the B Resort. Both of us fell in love with the feel and all that B Resort had to offer. Wedding planning is not easy, and planning an Indian wedding is even more work! There are lots of details and aspects that need attention and to be taken care of correctly. Martin, Cesar, and the rest of the B teams did an AMAZING job with everything! We worked hand-in-hand with Martin for most of the planning, and he was there at every step of the way, making everything as easy as he could on us. The entire team was extremely organized, focused, and professional. All our guests absolutely loved the hotel! There were zero complaints! Everything was handled very well, from the very second that they arrived on property.
    We had breakfast setup every day for our guests at American Q. Flow was not an issue and the variety was great! We mainly used outside catering for our events, but we did use the hotel’s catering for our Reception. The food was surely not disappointing at all! And a hit with all our guests! In term of execution, B Resort excelled in every way possible. We could not be more pleased with all the efforts that were put into our wedding weekend. Thank you B Resort for making our wedding one that we will always cherish, and for alleviating a lot of stress! And a special thanks to Martin and Cesar for being part of our reception entrance ;)

Sent on 10/23/2015

Lan · Married on 06/27/2015

The B Resort & Spa had just opened the week when we chose them for our wedding venue. The 6 team members that we mainly worked with - Keith, Mary, Martin, Missy, Cesar and Justin are a strong team and are a wonderful representation of the hotel!

There were some changes in the catering team, but they went through every detail of our file from the emails and notes that were written by previous catering managers to make sure that our expectations were met. We received updates from Missy about how the wedding was coming along. She is organized, efficient and is the right selection as the new catering sales manager of the B Resort and Spa.

Our wedding day - there are no words to describe it other than spectacular! The day was absolutely MAGICAL! Our guests are still talking about how beautiful the venue was, how delicious the food was and just how fantastic and personable the team was!

The ceremony was on the Terrace and was exactly what we planned – simple and sweet. The cocktail hour was indoors a few hours later and once again, was executed as planned. The food was not only delicious but was beautifully garnished and arranged with precision!

Our reception was 7 hours long and Cesar and Missy were visibly present throughout, smiles on their faces, ensuring that everything went according to plan! Our palm tree dessert for our guests was gorgeous! It was something we had dreamed up with the team, and they definitely delivered! It proves that they don't just do the standard dishes, but will be imaginative in making each wedding unique.

Our wedding is a day that neither of us will ever forget, and we would live it over and over if it was a possibility! We truly thank the team at B Resort & Spa for making our wedding special not only for us, but for all of our families and friends too! Both of us would recommend this property and venue! We are already looking at making plans to come back and to stay here again for our one year anniversary!

Sent on 07/23/2015

Jos · Married on 04/29/2016

My overall experience with Missy at the B Resort was a good one. Having a destination wedding is a little difficult as communication was mostly through emails, but when we met Missy she was professional and very accommodating. She made sure we had everything we needed for our wedding. Our guests loved the appetizers that was served during cocktail hour and also raved about dinner. Missy, Caesar and the staff at the B Resort were amazing! They even made a plate of appetizers for us since we were busy taking pictures.

Sent on 05/11/2016

Carmen · Married on 06/10/2017

Kim and Caesar were amazing to work with. They were very attentive to everything that was going on and made sure that things were flowing correctly. Pleasure to work with both of them. Kim is very good at what she does.

Sent on 06/23/2017

The selection of our venue was very important to us. It had to be local for our friends and family (and us!), be able to accommodate our OOT guests, be central to sites for everyone, and have a warm modern feel to it! Our planner took our requests, recommended 3 venues that she knew fit our budget as well, and from there we selected B Resort! LOVED it there, especially since we kept our rehearsal dinner there as well! They worked with and treated all of our guests wonderfully, accommodated my in-laws with their disability, and presented us with a yummy menu! And another positive note, their theme/colors worked fabulously with our wedding! Love it there at the B Resort - Missy and her team won't let you down!

Sent on 06/27/2016

We found this place and booked it as our venue prior to it even being fully renovated. With that being said we experienced a lot of handing off with the event coordinator changing three times prior to our wedding. However, the current coordinator Missy is really professional and prompt throughout the whole process. As far as the day of our guest and us as well were enamored with the ease and organization of the day. everything went as planned, to my knowledge, and how we had discussed. Our guest could not stop talking about the food selections (try the beef pepperpot) and the overall beauty of the venue. Its location for easy shopping and going to the Disney theme parks also made it a perfect place-about 60% of our guest were from out of town. If we could do it all again we would pick the same place.

Sent on 10/28/2015

Rachel · Married on 11/01/2015

As soon as my fiancé and I walked into the B Resort, we knew it was the venue for us. The hotel has been newly renovated and had a clean, modern feel. Throughout the entire process, the staff was very accommodating and helpful in assisting us with our every need or concern. And the day of the wedding the staff was running around to all of my guests making sure that everything was just as it should be. They certainly helped relieve a lot of the stress I had, especially since I planned the wedding all on my own. The Wedding Sales manager Missy was also over and beyond sweet and helpful - she was there throughout the whole process and wedding day! Nothing but incredible and wonderful memories of our big day, thanks to B Resort & Spa!

Sent on 12/04/2015

Marie · Married on 03/24/2007

Donna is very accomodating to brides and makes you feel special when your in her office or on the phone. She and her catering crew do a fantastic job and made my wedding a lovely affair. The ballrooms there are lovely. I recommend this hotel for your wedding / reception.

Sent on 07/03/2008

Kristina · Married on 01/05/2019

3.6
      3.0
      3.0

Kim was the best thing that ever happened to this hotel

Out of all of the things that could have stressed me out during the wedding process, I did not imagine the worst would be the venue.

Kim was a dream to work with and I truly believe she should work at a different venue, because if it weren't for her I would have changed the venue several times. Kim is very responsive and was able to make my dreams come true, but not without many issues with the resort.

I had crazy issues with my room block at the hotel. You would think that would be the easiest part of the wedding since it's a hotel and they sell rooms for a living. However, that was the biggest headache of my life. I had to sign two room block contracts because I was told I sold out my first contract. However, when negotiating my first contract I asked for additional rooms and was told I didn't need to include it in the contract, because they would add them as the room block filled up. Instead of fighting them on this, I signed a new contract, which had a price increase per room. After the second contract was signed, it pretty much went smoothly.

The weekend of the wedding I had some hiccups with the staff. I provided my guests welcome bags and the staff was not informed of the bags for some reason so some of my guests didn't receive them (even my mother who was wearing a Mother of the bride shirt). Also, my guests were complaining that their rooms were not being cleaned and towels were not being provided to their rooms. I didn't personally have this issue, however, it was upsetting to hear from my guests that they did not have a good experience with the hotel. The morning of my wedding I was told that my vendors would all receive free valet parking, however, when my hair and make up artists arrived, there was no one at valet and the front desk did not want to give them free parking passes. I needed to text Kim at 5 am to make sure everything went smoothly.

My BEO listed grouper as one of the main dishes, however, the fish that was served was definitely not grouper. It was a tasteless white fish and I was never informed of this change. Instead of eating it, I asked for more mashed potatoes from the mashed potato bar for my dinner. I was told the chicken dish was delicious though. The rehearsal dinner that was also catered by the B Resort was amazing. The food was great and our head server was so great. Our bartender for the rehearsal and wedding reception (same lady) was awesome and everyone loved her.

Again Kim was amazing. She came into work on her day off because I was having an issue with the catering department charging my card. The catering department tried to charge me again for the wedding. it was paid in full several weeks before the wedding but the day after the wedding they tried to charge my credit card for the full wedding amount again (over $20,000!) I called Kim and she came in on her day off and sorted it all out.

Over all I had my dream wedding and Kim was amazing and helped throughout the whole process. Unfortunately, the process was a lot more stressful than I think it should have been so unfortunately I cannot give a raving review, but I hope this mixed review was helpful for couples contemplating this hotel as a venue.

Also just to put this in some perspective, I had 100 guests and they all came from all over the country. I live about 2 hours from the B Resort and most of my communications were through email and over the phone.

Sent on 01/20/2019

KhaazRa · Married on 04/11/2015

0.4
      0.5

The relationship started fine when the initial Catering Sales Manager worked with us. This person whom was very helpful left the B Resort due to the management of their company and we were NOT notified with only approx. 60 days before our wedding. We had to call the B Resort to find this out and when the Director of Sales and Marketing (Mary) stepped into the picture, it was downhill from there. Besides the B Resort referring us to a vendor that they use (27 Miracles) whom then referred us to her partner whom stold over $2500, the professionalism was HORRIBLE. Mary totally altered the original contract, increased the price per person by $50 and then literally demanded that we pay approx. $25,000 in full by CASH 45 days before the wedding and that she would cancel the contract and release our wedding date. The original contract called for all funds due only two weeks before the wedding date and not in CASH. Who pays approx. $25,000 in CASH to a company, especially one that has already referred you to one of their vendors whom was involved in over $2.500 being stolen? With only approx. 30 days before the wedding date and your wedding date being cancelled due to horrible service, this is a bride's ultimate nightmare. Invitations had already been sent out , travel arrangements were made for all out of town guest, everything was made for this venue and for a bride and groom to be treated in this way is unbelievable. Many of our guest cancelled their hotel reservations and due to this treatment, we will NEVER go to this place again.

Sent on 05/25/2015

B Resort & Spa Lake Buena Vista's reply:

We regret that the resort was unable to satisfy Mr. Maaranu and that he, in fact, did not hold his wedding at our resort but at another venue therefore did not utilize or experience any of our services. The resort never received official notification that Mr. Maaranu was cancelling his wedding at the B. We encourage anyone reading the review to contact our staff and evaluate for yourself the integrity, talent and creativity of our team. Our resort is newly opened and we are in the process of conducting many weddings which will increase our online reviews so please check back frequently to see our client feedback.