29 Reviews for B.Lin Catering

Vietnamese (1)
Kosher (1)
No Pork (1)
29 B.Lin Catering Reviews

For our wedding with 150 guests in Washington DC, we researched over a dozen catering services. From the very start, B.Lin stood out from the rest as the best option. On professionalism, quality, and value, it was clear they were the best to work with.

Working with Arin was an absolute pleasure and helped make our wedding beautiful, seamless, and stress-free. She was eager to work with us to make the reception exactly how we wanted and always was very responsive to our requests and clearly made extra efforts to help us leading up to the event. The staff she brought were professional and lovely.

And, Ben's food was amazing and was the talk of the evening. It was great to meet with him, go over the menu in advance, and share the incredible food with our family and friends.

Profile Picture Amos, 9/1/23, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: American, Asian, Latin American, Mexican, Southwestern, Thai, Vietnamese, Clean Up, Set Up, Gluten Free, Vegetarian, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Chairs, Tables, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Outside Alcohol

B. Lin has a reputation as being one of the premier catering vendors in the DC area - and they absolutely lived up to that reputation!!! I know we are biased, but the food at our wedding was the best!!!! We knew at our pre-wedding tasting that the food would be delicious, but Kailyn, our coordinator from B Lin, did an outstanding job of helping us plan and orchestrate the catering throughout the cocktail hour, dinner, and coffee/dessert - making our special day one to remember!!! Kailyn even provided input for our wedding's floorplan, event sequence, and transition throughout the evening.

Additionally, B Lin allows you to purchase your own liquor which can save quite a bit of money, and their bartenders and servers are top-notch!

We highly recommend B Lin for those who want great food, attention to detail, and seamless transition throughout your night! Great job!!!

Profile Picture Jess, 6/30/18, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: American, Italian, Local, Mediterranean, Southern, Clean Up, Set Up, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Server(s), Tastings, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Outside Alcohol, Signature Drink, Gluten Free, Organic, Vegetarian

I would highly recommend B. Lin Catering to anyone getting married. We LOVED working with them. Kailyn was our main contact, and she was endlessly helpful, responsive, and knowledgeable. We did two very different styles of food stations, and all the food was excellent. I received a ton of compliments from guests about the food. They went so far as to help us plan our table arrangements and seating numbers. They helped us set up and break down everything quickly and painlessly. I really believe this was one of the best vendors I chose, as they made the whole process so much easier. They are also affordable and the quality of the food was above and beyond what I usually see at weddings.

Profile Picture Bridget , 6/23/18, 9 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Italian, Mediterranean, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Outside Alcohol, Vegetarian

We had the pleasure of working with B.Lin for our 250 guest DC wedding and it was truly amazing. We are so happy we were able to work with Arin and her fantastic team. From the beginning, Arin made the whole process easy and stress-free. She was extremely responsive and attentive....her hard work and dedication allowed us to create our dream wedding.

After our tasting, we could not wait until the big day when we could eat B.Lin's food again. The appetizers were unbelievable- especially those chicken sliders. The stations were perfect and extremely tasty. Then came dinner which was absolutely delicious and the deserts were a dream. During the wedding, Arin & her team made everything move so smoothly- no detail was missed. From the salads to main course to specialty drinks, it all was perfectly done and exceptional. Our guest continued to compliment the food & drinks for weeks after the wedding.

Look no further than B.Lin! They are by far the best team you could ask for!

Profile Picture Janelle, 6/9/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Signature Drink, Chairs, Tables, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings

We wanted our wedding food to be memorable and B. Lin more than delivered. They helped us select a menu of various eclectic dishes. A month later, guests still tell us that this was the best food they've ever experienced at a wedding. The B. Lin team was also a pleasure to work with, always responsive to our questions and ready with an idea on how to make the day special.

Profile Picture Steven, 5/26/18, 1 Review
Category: Catering
Services Used: Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Stations, Clean Up, Set Up, Bartender(s), American, Asian, Korean, Southern

The tl;dr version is this: hire them immediately.

We picked B.Lin to cater our 155 guest wedding in April 2018, and we couldn’t have made a better choice. They are amazing. At a wedding, by far the most heavy lifting (both literally as well as figuratively) will be done by your caterer, so it is extremely important to have someone you have utter and total confidence in. Catering is a high-touch, high-maintenance business. It’s not easy, but extremely hard and demanding work. B.Lin delivered on all fronts - they went above and beyond the call of duty and helped make our day the best.

Where do I begin? During our more than year-long planning process, we worked closely with Arin, who is the definition of an operational rockstar. I cannot even begin to count the number of emails we sent to Arin leading up to our big day. She would always get back to us in an extremely timely and helpful manner. To think that Arin organizes dozens or maybe even hundreds of events every year blows my mind - because you simply wouldn’t be able to tell. She has a fantastic attitude at all times. She makes you feel as if you are her only client. And I don’t know if she ever sleeps.

We must have gotten quotes from about a half dozen catering companies, and B.Lin was a ~20% better value.

On the day of the wedding, everything went seamlessly. The food was outstanding, and the service was excellent. Drinks were promptly refilled and there were no lines at the bar. Guests raved about their meals as well as the friendly service. And the cherry on top of it all was that we heard from our day-of coordinator the next day that B.Lin had helped her load some of our decorations into her van at the end of the night, which they were not required to do. It was not their job to do it, but they did it anyway. That, to me, is the definition of a class act. Just wow. We will forever be grateful for the amazing job B.Lin did for us, and wish them all the best and continued success in the future.

Profile Picture Phil, 4/27/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

We had a terrific time working with B.Lin Catering and were so happy with how our wedding turned out. Guests really enjoyed our buffet bars (Mediterranean bar and Slider bar) and the butternut squash wontons were a fabulous hit. We worked with both Arin and Vanessa, who were calm, cool and collected.

They are a small company, so approach their clients and events with heart. We've been trying to offer them constructive feedback about things to improve, but it's hard to have anything really stand-out.

The food, the service, the attentiveness. You will be very happy with your wedding if you select B.Lin!

Profile Picture Jonathan, 4/7/18, 1 Review
Category: Catering

I worked with Kailyn at B. Lin and she was fantastic! She was extremely responsive and always helped come up with creative ways to execute my ideas. The prices for B. Lin are very reasonable and I got great feedback from my guests about the food. The menu was expansive and customizable. I went with the package price for the bar and it was worth it! I did not have to worry about running out of anything and the price point was affordable. I would definitely recommend B. Lin for your wedding or event!

Profile Picture Madelyn, 12/2/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

This team is by FAR the best catering company in DC. I used their services for over a year to cater business events - lunch and dinner buffets, cocktail hours, breakfasts, etc. and always had the best experience for such a great price. Try the Singapore Noodle Bar, you won't be disappointed!

PLANNING:
When it was time to book a caterer for my wedding B.Lin was an obvious choice for me. We began the conversation 10 months before the wedding and from day 1, Kailyn was incredibly responsive and helpful. We started with full services from B.Lin (apps and plated dinner) but about halfway through the process my husband and I decided that we wanted to serve a traditional Persian family-style dinner from another caterer but still use the rest of B.Lin's services. I've worked in events for years and know this type of request is often met with annoyance (understandably) but Kailyn and her team didn't even blink. They were gracious and were proactive in working with the Persian caterer to ensure all of our visions came to life.

EXECUTION:
The B.Lin team took care of all equipment deliveries and set up, and everything was absolutely perfect as the ceremony began. The food for cocktail hour was unbelievably good (butternut squash wontons! still dreaming about them) and what is more impressive to me is the quality of service staff as social events are more often than not staffed by underwhelming, half-way-there teams. This team, from the servers to the bartenders to Kailyn who were on site for nearly 10 hours, was IMPRESSIVE and incredibly gracious to our guests. They were able to flip a ballroom from our ceremony to a full seated dinner for 175 in an hour and didn't miss a beat. They brought my husband and I a platter of cocktail food and cocktails to enjoy in peace as we snuck away for a few minutes between our ceremony and greeting our guests. And then they brought out our late night snacks to send guests home with a little something to balance the open bar. SO GOOD!

Profile Picture Rachel, 10/28/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Family Style, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s)

We cannot say enough good things about our experience with B Lin. So many of our guests told us how much they enjoyed the hors d'oeuvres and dinner and I couldn't agree more! Food was a huge priority for us when planning our wedding and B Lin delivered with a tremendously delicious evening.

They were incredibly helpful during the planning process as well. Arin was our coordinator and she provided cost-saving advice and went above and beyond to finalize everything with us a week in advance of the wedding which left my husband and I free to really enjoy the time with our friends and family.

All in all, we are huge fans of B Lin and would recommend them for your wedding or special event. You can't go wrong!

Profile Picture Allison, 10/7/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: American, Chairs, Tables, Bartender(s), Outside Alcohol, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Gluten Free, Vegan

B. Lin recently catered our daughter's wedding. They were a pleasure to work with from start to finish. They were very flexible, allowing us to offer the choice of 4 entrees and agreeing to make some changes to sides based on our preferences. When we made a few changes after the initial tasting, they allowed us to do another tasting to make sure the food was to our liking. They were very helpful in making menu suggestions to ensure the best food for our setting. All the food was delicious and even simple things like chicken sate skewers were both flavorful and moist as they use thigh meat. Service of diner was very efficient and food was perfect! They are particularly good at taking some standards and elevating them so they are different from what you usually get; the ginger salmon and coconut rice is perfect example. We also served sliders and brownie bites at late nice snacks and everyone loved them! The wedding coordinator we worked with (Kailyn) was very knowledgeable and super responsive; she even helped us select some unique linen touches for cake and card/gift tables that added to the overall look without blowing the budget. They also allowed us to purchase and provide the alcohol which also helped us stay in budget. The staff at the event were all very professional and kind to our guests. After looking at other caterers, we feel we got high quality food for an excellent price. We got numerous compliments on the food with folks raving about the quality, taste and unique touches. We highly recommend B. Lin!

Profile Picture ann, 9/23/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Everyone thought the food was great! Kailyn was great to work with and a real professional, she made sure that every detail was covered. I'd definitely recommend going with B.Lin!

Profile Picture Kristin, 7/22/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

B. Lin is AMAZING!! They were wonderful the whole way through. At the tasting, Arin and Ben were organized, friendly, and laid-back, and the food was absolutely incredible. In the months before the wedding, there were lots of details and last-minute changes and Arin did an excellent job staying on top of everything! They were also super super flexible - we changed the entire location of the cocktail hour at the last minute and they just made it work, no questions asked. Truly, they never missed a single detail. The food was just as delicious at the event as it was at the tasting and many guests told me the food was incredible. HIGHLY recommend!!

Profile Picture Joanna, 7/15/17, 11 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Nut Free, Vegetarian, American, Asian, Korean, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Bartender(s), Chairs, Tables, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings

B.Lin was FANTASTIC. Seriously, I was so glad we chose them for our caterer. Julie Taguding was our event manager and was completely wonderful - super detail-oriented, very responsive, very willing to work with us, and very willing to answer all our questions. She handled our desserts and table/chair/linen/diningware rentals, which were all done through other vendors, and B.Lin also provided our bartenders. Our guests loved the food, and to top it off they were the most competitively priced of all caterers we contacted. We could not recommend them more highly! There were 2 tiny things that were different from what we had planned, but honestly neither of them were that much of a problem: for some reason, there were no knives on the tables (perhaps a rental company issue, though), and they poured a champagne toast for our guests despite us explicitly saying we didn't want one. But, neither of those were real problems and we absolutely loved working with them.

Profile Picture Brittany, 7/1/17, 9 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: American, Mexican, Southwestern, Vegetarian, Chairs, Tables, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Outside Alcohol, Signature Drink, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Server(s), Tastings, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up

Getting married in the DC area? Want a stress-free but oh-so-luxurious catering experience? You MUST MUST MUST use B.Lin - they are SO amazing to work with and I am absolutely looking for reasons to work with them again, business or otherwise!

Arin is AMAZING at her job - incredibly responsive, detail-oriented, and knowledgeable. They went above and beyond with us, as we both have dairy allergies, to make sure that we had a menu that met those needs but was also 100% tasty. Our menu covered everyone on our guest list, from vegans to dairy-free to wheat intolerance. We had several passed apps then did 3 serving stations - it worked out perfectly!! The B.Lin staff was so professional, helpful, and A+++ - our guests RAVED about the food and all the staff. Months later, our friends and family are STILL talking about how this was the best wedding they have ever been to. Food is everything!! There is not one thing I would change about the menu we chose, everything was delicious.

I cannot recommend B.Lin enough - if there were 10 stars, I would give them 10. Look no further, book B.Lin immediately while you still can.

Profile Picture Emily, 5/5/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

We had the most wonderful experience with B. Lin as our wedding caterer. We wanted our food to be the thing that people remembered, and it is! From the start, Arin was great to work with, very responsive and helpful. We looked to their menu ideas and worked with them on some of our own ideas and changes, they were very open. The tasting was awesome and sealed the deal on working with them. Not only was the food delicious, they stayed with us and asked a lot of questions, took notes and feedback during the tasting, and made changes to the final menu. They dealt with all the rentals, and also gave suggestions and researched options. As I had questions or new ideas or changes, Arin was quick to respond, share her thoughts and make adjustments. We did a walk-through of the space together and Arin asked a lot of questions of the venue that I wouldn't have thought of. The day of, the team onsite was professional and friendly, everything ran smoothly, and it was all beautiful and delicious. I'm looking for an excuse to have another party so we can work together again!

Profile Picture Megan, 11/19/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

We cannot overstate how important it is that you choose B.Lin to caterer your wedding. My husband and I have had the privilege of traveling all over the world and enjoying some incredible meals. As such, when it came to pick someone to caterer our wedding, we were understandably picky. From day one, B. Lin knocked it out of the park.

Arin, the catering manager, was incredibly responsive and really listened when described what we wanted. She also helped us to arrange almost all the rentals for the evening, which was a sizable task since we had our roughly 80 person wedding at a private residence where everything needed to be brought in. She was patient and upbeat throughout the entire process, and always looked out for our best interest. She was proactive in solving problems, like when the rental company needed to change some linens last minute, and worked well with our other vendors.

Ben did not offer us a cookie cutter menu like some other companies but instead provided a menu reflective of our tastes. What we ended up with was high quality, affordable, and utterly delicious. Our guests raved about the food not only during the wedding, but in the days after. The crab cakes, mini chicken and waffles, and beef short ribs were especially big hits. We could have not been more pleased with how everything turned out. We were especially surprised and delighted to find that a plate of appetizers had been put aside for us before we joined our guests for cocktail hour so that we could have a bite before we got caught up talking to friends and family. It was one of the many thoughtful touches that made working with the team at B.Lin an absolute pleasure.

The waitstaff and bartenders during the event were also incredibly professional and personable, and did a great job making sure things ran smoothly. All in all, the team at B.Lin was incredible from start from finish. Hire them today!

Profile Picture Melysa, 10/15/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Gluten Free, Bartender(s), Signature Drink, Clean Up, Set Up, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Chairs, Tables, American, Southern

If you are looking for really amazing and exciting food for your wedding, talk to B.Lin. We cannot say enough good things about them. Ben @ B.Lin takes incredible pride in his work and it showed in every dish he cooked. He was onsite with his cooks and staff making sure each plate came out perfectly. All the food was perfectly cooked, the catering staff was absolutely amazing and the bartender kept all the guests entertained and with full glasses. We received lots of compliments about how good the food was and also about how fun the bartender was.

Our wedding threw some curveballs to the staff, including four days of rain beforehand, bad traffic and muddy ground (in part because of our bad tent company). Kailyn, our catering-captain and her wait staff dealt with the circumstances without missing a beat. They came early, wore special shoes to deal with the mud, and helped make sure everyone was safe. The service complimented the excellent food. I was also thrilled that the wait staff did not wear the hokey tuxedo uniform most caterers do. The service felt like the hospitality and warmth you get at a fine dining restaurant.

B.Lin was incredibly easy to work with from the beginning. They organized a lot of the rental equipment, were incredibly helpful when we were thinking through the menu and were very receptive to feedback during the tasting. We also were incredibly impressed with the value. B.Lin provides great value and does not make you feel like you are overpaying just because its a wedding.

We really loved B.Lin and they helped make our day incredibly special. If only they had a restaurant, because that would be where we would spend our anniversary.

Profile Picture Sam, 10/8/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Outside Alcohol, Signature Drink, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, American, Korean, Mexican

We used B.Lin Catering for our 105-person wedding in Washington, DC, in September 2016. The team was incredibly helpful and patient in working with us to develop a custom menu for our special day. They flawlessly executed a 4-course family-style meal, with an assortment of dishes in each course. We still get friends and family 1.5 years later raving about the food at our wedding. Our day-of coordinator also had only great things to say about working with the B.Lin team. If you want a highly personal and professional team that will deliver a delicious and memorable experience for your guests, you don't need to look any further!

Profile Picture Natalya, 9/24/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering

We loved working wirth B Lin for our wedding. For our tasting with Ben and Arin, everything they served was delicious and they were super amenable to any ideas we had. We wanted a mix of vegan, vegetarian, and a few meat options, and they are definitely caterers that excel in this area. Not only was the food great on the day of our wedding, but the servers and staff were all so nice. Arin was awesome about getting all our rentals and checking in with us at each step - a great experience from start to finish!

Profile Picture Natalie, 9/17/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Chairs, Tables, American, Asian, Korean, Southern, Southwestern, Thai, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Vegan, Vegetarian, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up

My husband and I used B Lin for our 120-person wedding at the Carnegie Institute in Washington, DC. They did a PHENOMENAL job. When we started our wedding planning, my husband and I were turned off by the wedding/industrial complex of vendors and also recalled having lots of steak and salmon entrees at weddings that were nothing to write home about. We wanted good food that he and I would enjoy eating on our most special of days at what we felt were more reasonable costs that some of the larger caterers that had more mediocre-looking dishes. Fortunately, our wedding planner (Candy & Co) had worked with B Lin and strongly recommended them. Ben (the owner/chef) and Arin (the coordinator/business manager) were fantastic to work with. Professional, responsive to feedback, flexible with changes, and fun. The food was absolutely delicious. (For appetizers, we had the butternut squash wontons (TO. DIE. FOR.), Moroccan lamb kabob bites, and chicken satay skewers. For entrees, we had miso cod, wild mushroom risotto (you will want to fake vegetarianism for this, it is that good), and cajun chicken.) The service was impeccable. (I don't recall ever even seeing the catering staff move chairs from the ceremony to the reception room, but it happened!) And multiple people commented on how cool the bartenders were. I have absolutely no doubt this growing company is on its way to becoming one of DC's most sought-after caterers because of its good, honest food and people-first orientation.

Profile Picture Anne, 4/30/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Bartender(s), Signature Drink, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up

B. Lin catered our wedding on April 9, 2016 and did a phenomenal job. Ben, Arin, and team are very professional, very friendly, and make great food! They accommodated multiple allergies and dining preferences at our wedding seamlessly. They also staffed a great team of waiters and bartenders (many of our guests commented to us how awesome all of the bartenders were).

I'd recommend B. Lin to anyone for a wedding of any size. Don't hesitate to sign up if you're considering them!

Profile Picture Ed, 4/9/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Bartender(s), Chairs, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Gluten Free, Vegan, Vegetarian, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, American, Asian, Cajun, Indian, Italian, Japanese, Local, Mediterranean

Ben Lin Catering had done a phenomenal job for our 100+ guests, post wedding reception. Not only was the food great (and we received so many compliments), their service was over the top, professional, and treated our guests so well! I would highly recommend for anyone who is looking for a company not only with great food, but one that truly works with you to make your event spectacular!

Profile Picture Charlie, 11/7/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering

We used B.Lin for our 115 guest wedding and they were, to say the least, absolutely stellar!

We've been privileged enough to have sampled their dishes many a time before hiring them for the wedding, so knew without a doubt that the food was going to be just amazing. Absolutely no question, everything they make is delicious. Our friends and guests are still talking about how great the food was, 3 weeks later!

In working with Ben, Maggie and team for our wedding, we were blown away by how friendly, patient and easy going B.Lin's team was. We we got our first draft invoice from Maggie, we were at about 160 guests. Maggie patiently worked through about 7 iterations of our menu/invoice as our guest count fluctuated in the months leading up to the wedding. She never missed a beat and was so pleasant to work with- detailed oriented and professional. Both Ben and Maggie were knowledgeable and full of advice when it came to putting on an event, we were so appreciative for their expertise.

I wouldn't hesitate to hire B.Lin for another event again, big or small, and would recommend them to all my friends and family!

Profile Picture Katie, 10/30/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering
Services Used: American, Caribbean, Chinese, Italian, Korean, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Bartender(s), Outside Alcohol, Gluten Free, Kosher, Lactose Free, No Pork, Nut Free, Organic, Vegan, Vegetarian, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Stations