B.Lin Catering Reviews

44 | Washington, DC

44 Reviews for B.Lin Catering

Amos · Getting married on 09/01/2023

For our wedding with 150 guests in Washington DC, we researched over a dozen catering services. From the very start, B.Lin stood out from the rest as the best option. On professionalism, quality, and value, it was clear they were the best to work with.

Working with Arin was an absolute pleasure and helped make our wedding beautiful, seamless, and stress-free. She was eager to work with us to make the reception exactly how we wanted and always was very responsive to our requests and clearly made extra efforts to help us leading up to the event. The staff she brought were professional and lovely.

And, Ben's food was amazing and was the talk of the evening. It was great to meet with him, go over the menu in advance, and share the incredible food with our family and friends.

Sent on 10/11/2016

Mairead Mcloughlin · Married on 09/13/2019

Delicious!

They made such great food and were very accommodating of our dietary restraints.

Sent on 09/14/2019
  • Kelsey

Kelsey Moran · Married on 08/10/2019

B.Lin is Fantastic!

I would absolutely recommend B.Lin to anyone. The menu we chose was fun and somewhat casual, but also unique, beautifully prepared and displayed, and most important, delicious!! B.Lin's team was super easy to work with throughout the process, especially Krista who was so helpful in coordinating rentals and timeline. We could not have been happier with how the food turned out!

Sent on 09/03/2019

Abby Hall · Married on 07/26/2019

Highly recommend for great food at a fair price!

I got quotes from about 15 other caterers in DC, all of which were more than $100/per guest for even the most basic option. I realized that I couldn’t remember a single thing I’d eaten at a wedding with a menu like this. B. Lin’s quote was by far the most affordable of any of the preferred caterers for our venue. They were transparent with a line by line breakdown of what every single thing costs, which allowed us to make it work well with our budget. B. Lin also has a really creative menu, and we were excited to be able to pick fun food options. The tasting was great, and the few items we didn’t like were tweaked and hand-delivered to my house so I could taste and approve those items. Roya quickly responded to and handled hundreds of logistics in the months leading up the wedding and was well-prepared to make sure everything ran smoothly. We received so many compliments from guests about the food. They couldn’t believe the quality and loved the creative options.

Sent on 08/19/2019

John Boatman · Married on 06/29/2019

Nothing short of amazing!

B.Lin was an amazing caterer for our wedding in VA in June 2019. Ben and Krista were so responsive to our requests and really listened to us when personalizing the food to meet our tastes. They certainly went beyond the call of duty on several occasions. We are avid foodies and their menu selection and cuisine did not disappoint. Everyone commented how great the food was, and several guests told us that it was the best wedding meal they've ever had! Their service was also first-rate, with superb attention to detail and wonderful professionalism. With so many vendors to manage, with B. Lin we did not have to worry about a thing. They were just fun, wonderful people to work with! We could not have asked for a better caterer for our special day and highly recommend them for any wedding or catering event!

Sent on 08/18/2019
  • Awesome

Awesome Foundation DC · Married on 06/22/2019

Fresh & delicious, a feast for the eyes as well as the belly

B-Lin Catering was a huge part of the success of our recent Summer live pitch event for the Awesome Foundation DC. They provided amazingly food, expertly prepared, and packaged for traveling to the event, which was a huge hit to our 60+ super satisfied guests. There were many delicious items including grilled pita and roasted garlic hummus (the first thing to be fully devoured by our folks), tzatziki, htipiti (roasted red pepper & feta dip), spicy feta dip, marinated olives, roasted red peppers, and grilled artichoke hearts. Everything was fresh and delicious, and a feast for the eyes as well as the belly. The fruit platter and the cookies (white chocolate macadamia nuts, yum) were equally superlative and a great compliment to the spread. They were a delight to work with and we would recommend them to others looking for amazing service and high-quality, delicious, food.

Sent on 09/08/2019

Andrea Deck · Married on 06/01/2019

Amazing caterer!

We are so incredibly lucky to have worked with B lin. Professional and easy to work with, Kristina was also STELLAR day of- made sure everything flowed smoothly and the bride and groom ate all night (hard to do) we still have guests with more pics of the food than of us!

Sent on 06/18/2019
  • Alex

Alex Ignatius · Married on 05/25/2019

Delicious food and excellent service

B. Lin Catering was incredible and very easy to work with. The food was delicious and reasonably priced and the service was very high quality. They also developed all of the floor plans and supplied everything from linens to glassware. We worked with Arin Noble who was responsive to our requests and friendly. Thank you, B. Lin!

Sent on 06/07/2019

Erica · Married on 03/09/2019

B lin is amazing

I LOVED working with this team. Arin is amazing and incredibly helpful and responsive. They were super flexible, and worked with us on a menu that made sense. And the staff on the day of were fantastic. And the FOOD - it was DELICIOUS!!! I would hire them again in a heartbeat and highly recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 03/22/2019
  • Alexander

Alexander · Married on 03/02/2019

Amazing fusion menu

B-Lin catering blew our minds (and taste buds) away! As my wife and I were going for a fusion wedding, we were hoping to have a menu that was less run-of-the-mill and incorporate a blend of Asian cuisine and good old fashioned southern cooking. B-Lin blew all the competition away and was among one of the more affordable caterers, making them a huge bang for your buck.

On the day of the wedding, our guests couldn’t stop raving about how great the food was. The menu was creative, the food was flavorful and the service was top notch. I cannot recommend B-Lin highly enough.

Sent on 04/26/2019

Marissa Salgado · Married on 12/01/2018

Excellent Attention to Detail

What an incredible experience we had using B. Lin Catering for our wedding in Alexandria, Virginia on 12/1/2018! Event coordinator Arin made the process incredibly easy, stress free, flexible, & professional. Since my parents were helping plan from another state (CA.), they were not able to meet in person but Arin made up for that with her quick replies to emails and phone calls to them and excellent attention to detail. As countless changes were made and discussed, she always helped us feel at ease and confident that her company would implement things just as we wanted, and did they ever! Food was beyond amazing, delicious, fresh, & beautifully presented. The 200 guests raved what a great meal it was! Staff was attentive, professional, helpful, & very flexible with changing things onsite as the need arose. They truly made our wedding the special event we had dreamed of. We would truly recommend B.Lin Catering for all your events, especially weddings!

Sent on 01/26/2019

Jess · Married on 06/30/2018

B. Lin has a reputation as being one of the premier catering vendors in the DC area - and they absolutely lived up to that reputation!!! I know we are biased, but the food at our wedding was the best!!!! We knew at our pre-wedding tasting that the food would be delicious, but Kailyn, our coordinator from B Lin, did an outstanding job of helping us plan and orchestrate the catering throughout the cocktail hour, dinner, and coffee/dessert - making our special day one to remember!!! Kailyn even provided input for our wedding's floorplan, event sequence, and transition throughout the evening.

Additionally, B Lin allows you to purchase your own liquor which can save quite a bit of money, and their bartenders and servers are top-notch!

We highly recommend B Lin for those who want great food, attention to detail, and seamless transition throughout your night! Great job!!!

Sent on 08/06/2018

Bridget · Married on 06/23/2018

I would highly recommend B. Lin Catering to anyone getting married. We LOVED working with them. Kailyn was our main contact, and she was endlessly helpful, responsive, and knowledgeable. We did two very different styles of food stations, and all the food was excellent. I received a ton of compliments from guests about the food. They went so far as to help us plan our table arrangements and seating numbers. They helped us set up and break down everything quickly and painlessly. I really believe this was one of the best vendors I chose, as they made the whole process so much easier. They are also affordable and the quality of the food was above and beyond what I usually see at weddings.

Sent on 07/08/2018

Janelle · Married on 06/09/2018

We had the pleasure of working with B.Lin for our 250 guest DC wedding and it was truly amazing. We are so happy we were able to work with Arin and her fantastic team. From the beginning, Arin made the whole process easy and stress-free. She was extremely responsive and attentive....her hard work and dedication allowed us to create our dream wedding.

After our tasting, we could not wait until the big day when we could eat B.Lin's food again. The appetizers were unbelievable- especially those chicken sliders. The stations were perfect and extremely tasty. Then came dinner which was absolutely delicious and the deserts were a dream. During the wedding, Arin & her team made everything move so smoothly- no detail was missed. From the salads to main course to specialty drinks, it all was perfectly done and exceptional. Our guest continued to compliment the food & drinks for weeks after the wedding.

Look no further than B.Lin! They are by far the best team you could ask for!

Sent on 06/24/2018

Steven · Married on 05/26/2018

We wanted our wedding food to be memorable and B. Lin more than delivered. They helped us select a menu of various eclectic dishes. A month later, guests still tell us that this was the best food they've ever experienced at a wedding. The B. Lin team was also a pleasure to work with, always responsive to our questions and ready with an idea on how to make the day special.

Sent on 07/01/2018

Phil · Married on 04/27/2018

The tl;dr version is this: hire them immediately.

We picked B.Lin to cater our 155 guest wedding in April 2018, and we couldn’t have made a better choice. They are amazing. At a wedding, by far the most heavy lifting (both literally as well as figuratively) will be done by your caterer, so it is extremely important to have someone you have utter and total confidence in. Catering is a high-touch, high-maintenance business. It’s not easy, but extremely hard and demanding work. B.Lin delivered on all fronts - they went above and beyond the call of duty and helped make our day the best.

Where do I begin? During our more than year-long planning process, we worked closely with Arin, who is the definition of an operational rockstar. I cannot even begin to count the number of emails we sent to Arin leading up to our big day. She would always get back to us in an extremely timely and helpful manner. To think that Arin organizes dozens or maybe even hundreds of events every year blows my mind - because you simply wouldn’t be able to tell. She has a fantastic attitude at all times. She makes you feel as if you are her only client. And I don’t know if she ever sleeps.

We must have gotten quotes from about a half dozen catering companies, and B.Lin was a ~20% better value.

On the day of the wedding, everything went seamlessly. The food was outstanding, and the service was excellent. Drinks were promptly refilled and there were no lines at the bar. Guests raved about their meals as well as the friendly service. And the cherry on top of it all was that we heard from our day-of coordinator the next day that B.Lin had helped her load some of our decorations into her van at the end of the night, which they were not required to do. It was not their job to do it, but they did it anyway. That, to me, is the definition of a class act. Just wow. We will forever be grateful for the amazing job B.Lin did for us, and wish them all the best and continued success in the future.

Sent on 05/05/2018

Jonathan · Married on 04/07/2018

We had a terrific time working with B.Lin Catering and were so happy with how our wedding turned out. Guests really enjoyed our buffet bars (Mediterranean bar and Slider bar) and the butternut squash wontons were a fabulous hit. We worked with both Arin and Vanessa, who were calm, cool and collected.

They are a small company, so approach their clients and events with heart. We've been trying to offer them constructive feedback about things to improve, but it's hard to have anything really stand-out.

The food, the service, the attentiveness. You will be very happy with your wedding if you select B.Lin!

Sent on 04/12/2018

Madelyn · Married on 12/02/2017

I worked with Kailyn at B. Lin and she was fantastic! She was extremely responsive and always helped come up with creative ways to execute my ideas. The prices for B. Lin are very reasonable and I got great feedback from my guests about the food. The menu was expansive and customizable. I went with the package price for the bar and it was worth it! I did not have to worry about running out of anything and the price point was affordable. I would definitely recommend B. Lin for your wedding or event!

Sent on 12/26/2017

Rachel · Married on 10/28/2017

This team is by FAR the best catering company in DC. I used their services for over a year to cater business events - lunch and dinner buffets, cocktail hours, breakfasts, etc. and always had the best experience for such a great price. Try the Singapore Noodle Bar, you won't be disappointed!

PLANNING:
    When it was time to book a caterer for my wedding B.Lin was an obvious choice for me. We began the conversation 10 months before the wedding and from day 1, Kailyn was incredibly responsive and helpful. We started with full services from B.Lin (apps and plated dinner) but about halfway through the process my husband and I decided that we wanted to serve a traditional Persian family-style dinner from another caterer but still use the rest of B.Lin's services. I've worked in events for years and know this type of request is often met with annoyance (understandably) but Kailyn and her team didn't even blink. They were gracious and were proactive in working with the Persian caterer to ensure all of our visions came to life.

EXECUTION:
    The B.Lin team took care of all equipment deliveries and set up, and everything was absolutely perfect as the ceremony began. The food for cocktail hour was unbelievably good (butternut squash wontons! still dreaming about them) and what is more impressive to me is the quality of service staff as social events are more often than not staffed by underwhelming, half-way-there teams. This team, from the servers to the bartenders to Kailyn who were on site for nearly 10 hours, was IMPRESSIVE and incredibly gracious to our guests. They were able to flip a ballroom from our ceremony to a full seated dinner for 175 in an hour and didn't miss a beat. They brought my husband and I a platter of cocktail food and cocktails to enjoy in peace as we snuck away for a few minutes between our ceremony and greeting our guests. And then they brought out our late night snacks to send guests home with a little something to balance the open bar. SO GOOD!

Sent on 11/14/2017

Allison · Married on 10/07/2017

We cannot say enough good things about our experience with B Lin. So many of our guests told us how much they enjoyed the hors d'oeuvres and dinner and I couldn't agree more! Food was a huge priority for us when planning our wedding and B Lin delivered with a tremendously delicious evening.

They were incredibly helpful during the planning process as well. Arin was our coordinator and she provided cost-saving advice and went above and beyond to finalize everything with us a week in advance of the wedding which left my husband and I free to really enjoy the time with our friends and family.

All in all, we are huge fans of B Lin and would recommend them for your wedding or special event. You can't go wrong!

Sent on 11/18/2017

ann · Married on 09/23/2017

B. Lin recently catered our daughter's wedding. They were a pleasure to work with from start to finish. They were very flexible, allowing us to offer the choice of 4 entrees and agreeing to make some changes to sides based on our preferences. When we made a few changes after the initial tasting, they allowed us to do another tasting to make sure the food was to our liking. They were very helpful in making menu suggestions to ensure the best food for our setting. All the food was delicious and even simple things like chicken sate skewers were both flavorful and moist as they use thigh meat. Service of diner was very efficient and food was perfect! They are particularly good at taking some standards and elevating them so they are different from what you usually get; the ginger salmon and coconut rice is perfect example. We also served sliders and brownie bites at late nice snacks and everyone loved them! The wedding coordinator we worked with (Kailyn) was very knowledgeable and super responsive; she even helped us select some unique linen touches for cake and card/gift tables that added to the overall look without blowing the budget. They also allowed us to purchase and provide the alcohol which also helped us stay in budget. The staff at the event were all very professional and kind to our guests. After looking at other caterers, we feel we got high quality food for an excellent price. We got numerous compliments on the food with folks raving about the quality, taste and unique touches. We highly recommend B. Lin!

Sent on 05/09/2018

Kristin · Married on 07/22/2017

Everyone thought the food was great! Kailyn was great to work with and a real professional, she made sure that every detail was covered. I'd definitely recommend going with B.Lin!

Sent on 07/23/2017

Joanna · Married on 07/15/2017

B. Lin is AMAZING!! They were wonderful the whole way through. At the tasting, Arin and Ben were organized, friendly, and laid-back, and the food was absolutely incredible. In the months before the wedding, there were lots of details and last-minute changes and Arin did an excellent job staying on top of everything! They were also super super flexible - we changed the entire location of the cocktail hour at the last minute and they just made it work, no questions asked. Truly, they never missed a single detail. The food was just as delicious at the event as it was at the tasting and many guests told me the food was incredible. HIGHLY recommend!!

Sent on 07/27/2017

Brittany · Married on 07/01/2017

B.Lin was FANTASTIC. Seriously, I was so glad we chose them for our caterer. Julie Taguding was our event manager and was completely wonderful - super detail-oriented, very responsive, very willing to work with us, and very willing to answer all our questions. She handled our desserts and table/chair/linen/diningware rentals, which were all done through other vendors, and B.Lin also provided our bartenders. Our guests loved the food, and to top it off they were the most competitively priced of all caterers we contacted. We could not recommend them more highly! There were 2 tiny things that were different from what we had planned, but honestly neither of them were that much of a problem: for some reason, there were no knives on the tables (perhaps a rental company issue, though), and they poured a champagne toast for our guests despite us explicitly saying we didn't want one. But, neither of those were real problems and we absolutely loved working with them.

Sent on 07/30/2017