21 Reviews for B.Lin Catering

Kosher (1)
No Pork (1)
Organic (1)
21 B.Lin Catering Reviews

For our wedding with 150 guests in Washington DC, we researched over a dozen catering services. From the very start, B.Lin stood out from the rest as the best option. On professionalism, quality, and value, it was clear they were the best to work with.

Working with Arin was an absolute pleasure and helped make our wedding beautiful, seamless, and stress-free. She was eager to work with us to make the reception exactly how we wanted and always was very responsive to our requests and clearly made extra efforts to help us leading up to the event. The staff she brought were professional and lovely.

And, Ben's food was amazing and was the talk of the evening. It was great to meet with him, go over the menu in advance, and share the incredible food with our family and friends.

Profile Picture Amos, 9/1/23, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: American, Asian, Latin American, Mexican, Southwestern, Thai, Vietnamese, Clean Up, Set Up, Gluten Free, Vegetarian, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Chairs, Tables, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Outside Alcohol

I worked with Kailyn at B. Lin and she was fantastic! She was extremely responsive and always helped come up with creative ways to execute my ideas. The prices for B. Lin are very reasonable and I got great feedback from my guests about the food. The menu was expansive and customizable. I went with the package price for the bar and it was worth it! I did not have to worry about running out of anything and the price point was affordable. I would definitely recommend B. Lin for your wedding or event!

Profile Picture Madelyn, 12/2/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

This team is by FAR the best catering company in DC. I used their services for over a year to cater business events - lunch and dinner buffets, cocktail hours, breakfasts, etc. and always had the best experience for such a great price. Try the Singapore Noodle Bar, you won't be disappointed!

PLANNING:
When it was time to book a caterer for my wedding B.Lin was an obvious choice for me. We began the conversation 10 months before the wedding and from day 1, Kailyn was incredibly responsive and helpful. We started with full services from B.Lin (apps and plated dinner) but about halfway through the process my husband and I decided that we wanted to serve a traditional Persian family-style dinner from another caterer but still use the rest of B.Lin's services. I've worked in events for years and know this type of request is often met with annoyance (understandably) but Kailyn and her team didn't even blink. They were gracious and were proactive in working with the Persian caterer to ensure all of our visions came to life.

EXECUTION:
The B.Lin team took care of all equipment deliveries and set up, and everything was absolutely perfect as the ceremony began. The food for cocktail hour was unbelievably good (butternut squash wontons! still dreaming about them) and what is more impressive to me is the quality of service staff as social events are more often than not staffed by underwhelming, half-way-there teams. This team, from the servers to the bartenders to Kailyn who were on site for nearly 10 hours, was IMPRESSIVE and incredibly gracious to our guests. They were able to flip a ballroom from our ceremony to a full seated dinner for 175 in an hour and didn't miss a beat. They brought my husband and I a platter of cocktail food and cocktails to enjoy in peace as we snuck away for a few minutes between our ceremony and greeting our guests. And then they brought out our late night snacks to send guests home with a little something to balance the open bar. SO GOOD!

Profile Picture Rachel, 10/28/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Family Style, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s)

We cannot say enough good things about our experience with B Lin. So many of our guests told us how much they enjoyed the hors d'oeuvres and dinner and I couldn't agree more! Food was a huge priority for us when planning our wedding and B Lin delivered with a tremendously delicious evening.

They were incredibly helpful during the planning process as well. Arin was our coordinator and she provided cost-saving advice and went above and beyond to finalize everything with us a week in advance of the wedding which left my husband and I free to really enjoy the time with our friends and family.

All in all, we are huge fans of B Lin and would recommend them for your wedding or special event. You can't go wrong!

Profile Picture Allison, 10/7/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: American, Chairs, Tables, Bartender(s), Outside Alcohol, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Gluten Free, Vegan

Everyone thought the food was great! Kailyn was great to work with and a real professional, she made sure that every detail was covered. I'd definitely recommend going with B.Lin!

Profile Picture Kristin, 7/22/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

B. Lin is AMAZING!! They were wonderful the whole way through. At the tasting, Arin and Ben were organized, friendly, and laid-back, and the food was absolutely incredible. In the months before the wedding, there were lots of details and last-minute changes and Arin did an excellent job staying on top of everything! They were also super super flexible - we changed the entire location of the cocktail hour at the last minute and they just made it work, no questions asked. Truly, they never missed a single detail. The food was just as delicious at the event as it was at the tasting and many guests told me the food was incredible. HIGHLY recommend!!

Profile Picture Joanna, 7/15/17, 11 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Nut Free, Vegetarian, American, Asian, Korean, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Bartender(s), Chairs, Tables, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings

B.Lin was FANTASTIC. Seriously, I was so glad we chose them for our caterer. Julie Taguding was our event manager and was completely wonderful - super detail-oriented, very responsive, very willing to work with us, and very willing to answer all our questions. She handled our desserts and table/chair/linen/diningware rentals, which were all done through other vendors, and B.Lin also provided our bartenders. Our guests loved the food, and to top it off they were the most competitively priced of all caterers we contacted. We could not recommend them more highly! There were 2 tiny things that were different from what we had planned, but honestly neither of them were that much of a problem: for some reason, there were no knives on the tables (perhaps a rental company issue, though), and they poured a champagne toast for our guests despite us explicitly saying we didn't want one. But, neither of those were real problems and we absolutely loved working with them.

Profile Picture Brittany, 7/1/17, 9 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: American, Mexican, Southwestern, Vegetarian, Chairs, Tables, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Outside Alcohol, Signature Drink, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Server(s), Tastings, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up

Getting married in the DC area? Want a stress-free but oh-so-luxurious catering experience? You MUST MUST MUST use B.Lin - they are SO amazing to work with and I am absolutely looking for reasons to work with them again, business or otherwise!

Arin is AMAZING at her job - incredibly responsive, detail-oriented, and knowledgeable. They went above and beyond with us, as we both have dairy allergies, to make sure that we had a menu that met those needs but was also 100% tasty. Our menu covered everyone on our guest list, from vegans to dairy-free to wheat intolerance. We had several passed apps then did 3 serving stations - it worked out perfectly!! The B.Lin staff was so professional, helpful, and A+++ - our guests RAVED about the food and all the staff. Months later, our friends and family are STILL talking about how this was the best wedding they have ever been to. Food is everything!! There is not one thing I would change about the menu we chose, everything was delicious.

I cannot recommend B.Lin enough - if there were 10 stars, I would give them 10. Look no further, book B.Lin immediately while you still can.

Profile Picture Emily, 5/5/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

We had the most wonderful experience with B. Lin as our wedding caterer. We wanted our food to be the thing that people remembered, and it is! From the start, Arin was great to work with, very responsive and helpful. We looked to their menu ideas and worked with them on some of our own ideas and changes, they were very open. The tasting was awesome and sealed the deal on working with them. Not only was the food delicious, they stayed with us and asked a lot of questions, took notes and feedback during the tasting, and made changes to the final menu. They dealt with all the rentals, and also gave suggestions and researched options. As I had questions or new ideas or changes, Arin was quick to respond, share her thoughts and make adjustments. We did a walk-through of the space together and Arin asked a lot of questions of the venue that I wouldn't have thought of. The day of, the team onsite was professional and friendly, everything ran smoothly, and it was all beautiful and delicious. I'm looking for an excuse to have another party so we can work together again!

Profile Picture Megan, 11/19/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

We cannot overstate how important it is that you choose B.Lin to caterer your wedding. My husband and I have had the privilege of traveling all over the world and enjoying some incredible meals. As such, when it came to pick someone to caterer our wedding, we were understandably picky. From day one, B. Lin knocked it out of the park.

Arin, the catering manager, was incredibly responsive and really listened when described what we wanted. She also helped us to arrange almost all the rentals for the evening, which was a sizable task since we had our roughly 80 person wedding at a private residence where everything needed to be brought in. She was patient and upbeat throughout the entire process, and always looked out for our best interest. She was proactive in solving problems, like when the rental company needed to change some linens last minute, and worked well with our other vendors.

Ben did not offer us a cookie cutter menu like some other companies but instead provided a menu reflective of our tastes. What we ended up with was high quality, affordable, and utterly delicious. Our guests raved about the food not only during the wedding, but in the days after. The crab cakes, mini chicken and waffles, and beef short ribs were especially big hits. We could have not been more pleased with how everything turned out. We were especially surprised and delighted to find that a plate of appetizers had been put aside for us before we joined our guests for cocktail hour so that we could have a bite before we got caught up talking to friends and family. It was one of the many thoughtful touches that made working with the team at B.Lin an absolute pleasure.

The waitstaff and bartenders during the event were also incredibly professional and personable, and did a great job making sure things ran smoothly. All in all, the team at B.Lin was incredible from start from finish. Hire them today!

Profile Picture Melysa, 10/15/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Gluten Free, Bartender(s), Signature Drink, Clean Up, Set Up, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Chairs, Tables, American, Southern

If you are looking for really amazing and exciting food for your wedding, talk to B.Lin. We cannot say enough good things about them. Ben @ B.Lin takes incredible pride in his work and it showed in every dish he cooked. He was onsite with his cooks and staff making sure each plate came out perfectly. All the food was perfectly cooked, the catering staff was absolutely amazing and the bartender kept all the guests entertained and with full glasses. We received lots of compliments about how good the food was and also about how fun the bartender was.

Our wedding threw some curveballs to the staff, including four days of rain beforehand, bad traffic and muddy ground (in part because of our bad tent company). Kailyn, our catering-captain and her wait staff dealt with the circumstances without missing a beat. They came early, wore special shoes to deal with the mud, and helped make sure everyone was safe. The service complimented the excellent food. I was also thrilled that the wait staff did not wear the hokey tuxedo uniform most caterers do. The service felt like the hospitality and warmth you get at a fine dining restaurant.

B.Lin was incredibly easy to work with from the beginning. They organized a lot of the rental equipment, were incredibly helpful when we were thinking through the menu and were very receptive to feedback during the tasting. We also were incredibly impressed with the value. B.Lin provides great value and does not make you feel like you are overpaying just because its a wedding.

We really loved B.Lin and they helped make our day incredibly special. If only they had a restaurant, because that would be where we would spend our anniversary.

Profile Picture Sam, 10/8/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Outside Alcohol, Signature Drink, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, American, Korean, Mexican

We loved working wirth B Lin for our wedding. For our tasting with Ben and Arin, everything they served was delicious and they were super amenable to any ideas we had. We wanted a mix of vegan, vegetarian, and a few meat options, and they are definitely caterers that excel in this area. Not only was the food great on the day of our wedding, but the servers and staff were all so nice. Arin was awesome about getting all our rentals and checking in with us at each step - a great experience from start to finish!

Profile Picture Natalie, 9/17/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Chairs, Tables, American, Asian, Korean, Southern, Southwestern, Thai, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Vegan, Vegetarian, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up

My husband and I used B Lin for our 120-person wedding at the Carnegie Institute in Washington, DC. They did a PHENOMENAL job. When we started our wedding planning, my husband and I were turned off by the wedding/industrial complex of vendors and also recalled having lots of steak and salmon entrees at weddings that were nothing to write home about. We wanted good food that he and I would enjoy eating on our most special of days at what we felt were more reasonable costs that some of the larger caterers that had more mediocre-looking dishes. Fortunately, our wedding planner (Candy & Co) had worked with B Lin and strongly recommended them. Ben (the owner/chef) and Arin (the coordinator/business manager) were fantastic to work with. Professional, responsive to feedback, flexible with changes, and fun. The food was absolutely delicious. (For appetizers, we had the butternut squash wontons (TO. DIE. FOR.), Moroccan lamb kabob bites, and chicken satay skewers. For entrees, we had miso cod, wild mushroom risotto (you will want to fake vegetarianism for this, it is that good), and cajun chicken.) The service was impeccable. (I don't recall ever even seeing the catering staff move chairs from the ceremony to the reception room, but it happened!) And multiple people commented on how cool the bartenders were. I have absolutely no doubt this growing company is on its way to becoming one of DC's most sought-after caterers because of its good, honest food and people-first orientation.

Profile Picture Anne, 4/30/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Bartender(s), Signature Drink, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up

B. Lin catered our wedding on April 9, 2016 and did a phenomenal job. Ben, Arin, and team are very professional, very friendly, and make great food! They accommodated multiple allergies and dining preferences at our wedding seamlessly. They also staffed a great team of waiters and bartenders (many of our guests commented to us how awesome all of the bartenders were).

I'd recommend B. Lin to anyone for a wedding of any size. Don't hesitate to sign up if you're considering them!

Profile Picture Ed, 4/9/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Bartender(s), Chairs, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Gluten Free, Vegan, Vegetarian, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, American, Asian, Cajun, Indian, Italian, Japanese, Local, Mediterranean

Ben Lin Catering had done a phenomenal job for our 100+ guests, post wedding reception. Not only was the food great (and we received so many compliments), their service was over the top, professional, and treated our guests so well! I would highly recommend for anyone who is looking for a company not only with great food, but one that truly works with you to make your event spectacular!

Profile Picture Charlie, 11/7/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering

We used B.Lin for our 115 guest wedding and they were, to say the least, absolutely stellar!

We've been privileged enough to have sampled their dishes many a time before hiring them for the wedding, so knew without a doubt that the food was going to be just amazing. Absolutely no question, everything they make is delicious. Our friends and guests are still talking about how great the food was, 3 weeks later!

In working with Ben, Maggie and team for our wedding, we were blown away by how friendly, patient and easy going B.Lin's team was. We we got our first draft invoice from Maggie, we were at about 160 guests. Maggie patiently worked through about 7 iterations of our menu/invoice as our guest count fluctuated in the months leading up to the wedding. She never missed a beat and was so pleasant to work with- detailed oriented and professional. Both Ben and Maggie were knowledgeable and full of advice when it came to putting on an event, we were so appreciative for their expertise.

I wouldn't hesitate to hire B.Lin for another event again, big or small, and would recommend them to all my friends and family!

Profile Picture Katie, 10/30/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering
Services Used: American, Caribbean, Chinese, Italian, Korean, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Bartender(s), Outside Alcohol, Gluten Free, Kosher, Lactose Free, No Pork, Nut Free, Organic, Vegan, Vegetarian, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Stations

We used B.Lin Catering for our wedding in October 2015. My husband, mother-in-law and I did a sample tasting with Ben and Arin and it took about 10 minutes to realize we loved them. (They impressed the MIL! Even gave her a whole cassava (?)) We chose to do a family style dinner and the food was amazing! We still have people tell us how good our food was, now a year and a half later.

Arin is absolutely the best at customer service, making you feel comfortable, and helping you brainstorm ideas and alternatives to match your budget. We did our menu and rentals a few times over and each time she was pleasant and accommodating. For those of you planning a wedding you know how invaluable that is! Couples make a lot of decisions while planning a wedding and in retrospect choosing B.Lin is still one of our best!!!!

Profile Picture Julie, 10/24/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Party Supplies, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Chairs, Tables, Vegetarian, Bartender(s), Outside Alcohol, Cocktail Reception, Family Style, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Stations, Tastings

B.Lin catered our 150-guest wedding in September 2015, and did a stellar job from beginning to end. I can't say enough about how professional and thoughtful they were, from working with us patiently to fit within our budget (even sending us suggestions for websites so we could buy our own linens, which turned out to be more economical than renting them!), to holding two tastings for us so we could refine the menu, to packing up all the leftover food without being asked, so friends and relatives could take it home. Not to mention the most important thing - the food was delicious!! We opted for a Peking duck carving station, and I am picky about that particular dish, but they did it perfectly. (The one hiccup was that it took a while to get all the guests through the buffet line, but that was our fault for not taking their suggestion that they pre-wrap the duck in the pancakes.) And the bulgogi quesadillas in particular had my friends swooning. Also, though we didn't have them at the wedding, their pork belly baos were what initially got us hooked - we happened to try them at a stand Ben set up at the Funk Parade on U St. in May, and they were so good I started chatting with the guy who was making them. I'm so glad I did. Ben and Maggie, our chief coordinator, were so wonderful to work with and really went above and beyond - I'd recommend them to anyone.

Profile Picture Bay, 9/13/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering
Services Used: Vegetarian, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Asian, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Outside Alcohol, Signature Drink

I reached out to B.Lin Catering for my wedding that is coming up in September. My fiance and I wanted a higher quality of food without paying $$$$$ like most DC caterers require (and who doesn't?!). And, we thought supporting a growing business would be an added plus. Ben had killer reviews on Yelp for his corporate events and supper clubs, so we thought - why not? I can honestly say that B.Lin exceeded all my expectations. First and foremost, Ben (chef, owner) and Arin (coordinator) are two of the nicest people I've ever met. It's obvious that Ben loves his craft and is open and flexible to adjusting the menu to how you envision. Arin was the most organized catering coordinator I've ever worked with (I have 5+ years of event planning experience, so I've seen a lot), her proposals were extremely detailed and always incorporated my (many) changes.

They also offered a tasting for two, free of charge, before signing the contract. To be fair, this is a great move since they're still establishing themselves, and also proves just how good their food is. Their lamb kabobs were to die for (I don't even like lamb, this was a dish for my fiance - and I LOVED it! The lamb was super tender), their grilled pita platter and dips were amazing (I don't like hummus either - another one for the fiance - and it was the FIRST hummus I've ever loved), their mac & cheese was delicious (but has some heat to it), and their buttermilk fried chicken was perfectly fried and I knew would be a big hit with the kids attending our wedding. Honorable mention: the crab cakes were all lump crab, and you got a LOT of crab. They did not gip you with the crab meat, they were delicious and you got way more than what you paid for. Unfortunately, we ended up going with another caterer, but I would hire Ben in a heartbeat. When we let him know that we had chosen another caterer, his response wasn't just professional - it was even understanding and supportive. A+++

Profile Picture Cait, 9/5/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering

We had the opportunity to work with Ben and Arin for our wedding in DC in March 2015. The food and service were superb! Our guests raved about the food throughout the event and after (in some cases a whole year later!). Ben's cooking is truly inspired.

We reached out to several other caterers but felt that the menu options they provided did not capture the feel we wanted with our food (comfort foods to match a laid-back, fun, family reunion vibe at the reception). Once Ben heard what we wanted, he set out to craft a custom menu.

Both Ben and Arin were available via email throughout the process, answering our many questions as we settled on the menu. Arin in particular was incredibly responsive and organized and went out of her way to meet our requests. As an example, she helped procure stands and trays for our dessert display (which was provided by another vendor) and the B. Lin team assisted with the dessert set-up during the event.

Ben, Arin and their staff provided superior service at the wedding. It was their first time catering an event at that particular venue, but you would not have known it, as everything went smoothly. Arin and the B Lin staff also did a great job collaborating with our wedding coordinator and her team.

Overall, I highly recommend you consider B. Lin Catering for your wedding. You'll get a customized, thoughtfully crafted menu, delicious food and top-notch service, all at a reasonable price.

Profile Picture Erin, 3/7/15, 5 Reviews