Avon Old Farms Hotel Reviews

35 | Avon, CT

35 Reviews for Avon Old Farms Hotel

Lauren · Married on 12/29/2018

Amazing venue, food, staff, etc - couldn't find a better venue!!!

Wow. Gail, Suzanne and the entire staff at Avon Old Farms Hotel were amazing. We did our ceremony, cocktail hour, reception, after party and room block there... and it was awesome. I don't think I've been to a wedding where more guests were absolutely so complimentary not only of the venue, but the food and the staff. Gail was one of the main reasons why we selected Avon Old Farms Hotel - even from the first meeting with her, I knew she'd be great to work with and it was better than I expected. I will definitely look to use them again for any events I have in the future. Loved it!

• Christina

Christina Sjogren · Married on 11/16/2018

Amazing Venue

I just had my wedding here this Friday and this venue exceeded EVERY expectation. From the very beginning of the process Gail and Suzanne were the most helpful, sweet, and caring ladies you could possibly wish to work with. I didn't know the first thing about planning a wedding but they were there for me every step of the way and made it so easy. Suzanne was actually the one who helped me find my amazing photographer. The venue itself is beautiful and was the perfect size for my 70 guests. The coordinators and the serving staff were awesome and very professional. Before we joined the reception my dress needed to be bustled and Suzanne was sweet enough to help my maid of honors with the not so easy task. The food was amazing and they were kind enough to bring 2 full entrees to our suite including our slices of wedding cake we had not had a chance to enjoy. The suite was very large and cozy and we enjoyed finding that our card box and gifts had been delivered to the room so we could open a couple when we awoke the next morning. It was truly the best experience of our lives and if you have the opportunity to get married here you couldn't ask for a better venue!

Kathryn · Married on 09/22/2018

Great venue for wedding! Gail the event director is the best woman! She handled all my our nagging questions and phone calls for an entire 12 months! She was so helpful and really knows what she is doing! Her and Leighton the banquet manager are a dream team! Leighton was one
    Of our favorites he was on top of everything that was going on during the ceremony and reception! A server accidentally poured wine on one of our guests and Leighton was on top of it getting the guest club soda and drying his suit! He handled us and took us for all the events that occurred during the reception like the cake cutting!
    The food is wonderful, I’m still getting compliments on the food!
    The tavern bar has the best bartender his name is J.G and he was responsible for the greatest specialty drink we had! Guests are also still raving about that drink too! He went out of his way to make a bulk batch of homemade vodka and made the whole recipe for the wedding! It was wonderful!
    All in all planning a wedding is hard and stressful but using AOF as our venue there was so much included and it was a great value within our budget! With a beautiful scenery. If you want a seamless wedding venue that seriously Makes sure the day runs smoothly go with AOF!
    Thank you Gail and the whole team at AOF for making our wedding wonderful!
    Katie and Erik 9.22.18

• Jess

Jess · Married on 09/01/2018

Perfection!

Our experience with Avon Old Farms Hotel and especially with Gail was absolutely perfect. Right from the start Gail gave us a vision of what our day could be like there and we knew we had to go with them. Throughout our entire planning process, Gail was incredibly responsive and on the ball about what we had to do next. Everyone did such an amazing job coordinating with all of our vendors. Our day could not have been more perfect. I imagined that I would be so stressed all day making sure everything was going well, but I did not have to worry about a single thing. Everything was set up exactly how I planned, everything transitioned beautifully, and my husband and I were guided through the day/night with ease. There was not one moment of stress whatsoever. The service was AMAZING and so professional. The venue is of course beautiful inside and out, including the bridal suite. I could go on and on. I would recommend this venue to anyone for their wedding. I only wish we could do it all again!

• xtine

Christine · Married on 08/18/2018

We stayed at the Avon Old Farms Hotel this past weekend for our wedding, along with nearly all of our 135 guests. Additionally, we hosted our rehearsal dinner and welcome reception there. I worked with their sales director, Jenifer Nelson, meaning I called her repeatedly about so many things. She was just delightful at every exchange. I was very impressed with AOFH's staff--so professional and accommodating. The hotel was unique and beautiful and even smelled great! To top it off, rooms were very reasonably priced. We plan to return for our anniversary next year. 10/10 would book again!

A couple of tips for anyone considering AOFH:
    * The hotel offers online booking for wedding guests--you just enter the guest code. I loved this!
    * The hotel has three distinct sections--one with suites, one with standard rooms, and the annex with direct entry-style rooms. The only room I saw was the junior suite, and it was lovely. If you have preferences, I suggest calling the very helpful staff.
    * The hotel is very long. There were several weddings staying there that weekend, and some of our guests' parties were unknowingly split up. For busy weekends, I would recommend explicitly requesting rooms that are close together.
    * Sunday brunch at Seasons is seriously fantastic but also VERY popular. We were able to get in without a problem, but reservations are recommended.

Maggie · Married on 06/16/2018

Beautiful venue with extremely accommodating staff from front desk, to bartenders, to the entire wedding planning crew. Highly recommend Avon Old Farms Hotel for a venue where everything is all in one place. They have beautiful grounds for outdoor space as well. We were very pleased with our entire experience!

Lauren · Married on 10/13/2017

A beautiful, accommodating and charming venue with the nicest and most helpful staff! AOFH was the second and last wedding venue we looked at. The beautiful grounds, wonderful outside space and glass enclosed room for cocktail hour and intimate ballroom were perfect for our 95 person wedding. Honestly, we didn't think that a "hotel wedding" was what we wanted but it absolutely was! Everything, I mean everything, was AWESOME and STRESS FREE. The hotel and actual wedding spaces were clean, organized, well manicured, streamlined and convenient. Having it at a hotel added a level of comfort to our guests and avoided using a dreadful shuttle to and from the event. Gail made the planning process a breeze and made me feel so at ease after every conversation. She had lots of advice to offer but was never pressuring our overpowering. We really benefited from her guidance and expertise throughout the planning process as we were not the most organized bride and groom. The coordination on the day of the wedding was unreal. They knew what we needed before we did! (They even brought extra keys to our hotel room.) A child knocked over an entire table of water and they cleaned it up before I even realized what had happened. We gave them decorations and centerpieces to use and they arranged everything perfectly, even adding in some of their own things to tie everything together. Leighton assisted Gail during the actual wedding day and was such a help. They did more than their jobs-Leighton even carried around my 2 year old nephew for part of the evening to help keep him entertained! He and Gail kept us on track throughout the night and really were there for everything we needed. The wedding planning process was a great experience and the actual wedding day was perfect thanks to Gail and Leighton. We are so grateful for them and for all the staff at AOFH for making our wedding such a wonderful experience. We cannot recommend them enough!!!

Kim · Married on 09/16/2017

The entire crew at AOF was absolutely amazing. Their focus was on making our day wonderful and they did exactly that. They know how to be classy and relaxed at the same time.

• Kayleigh

Kayleigh · Married on 05/28/2017

Our wedding at the Avon Old Farms Hotel was outstanding. Gail and everyone else at the hotel are on top of their game. They covered every detail, ran the entire wedding smoothly, and worked wonderfully our other vendors. The ceremony was beautiful, the food was delicious, and a month later people are still commenting on how much fun they had. The icing on the cake was the second dinner they had waiting in our room after the reception! It was a fabulous day and we are so grateful for the incredible team at the Avon Old Farms Hotel.

Meg · Married on 05/27/2017

Avon Old Farms Hotel was the perfect wedding venue for our wedding. We wanted an intimate wedding where guests could truly enjoy themselves from start to finish. We had approx 70 guests many of whom were coming from out of town. Having guests stay at the hotel for the ceremony and reception and overnight really allowed people to relax and just enjoy the weekend instead of rushing from various locations at specific times.

By booking with AOFH, we were able to keep the wedding details and planning manageable- from the room block to the menu to the tent rentals. Gail was my one and only contact and it really made all the difference in the world. She was available in person, on the phone, via email whenever I reached out from January 2016 when we booked to May 27,2017 when we got married. She was happy to coach us through the entire process.

We couldn't have asked for a more seamless Wedding Day. Gail and Leighton were able to anticipate everyone's needs and were available every step of the way. For example: We ended up going offsite for a few photos after the ceremony and Leighton put food with a fully stocked cooler and champagne in the bus for us, so that we wouldn't miss the cocktail hour. Something that my husband had thought he and his groomsmen would be having to worry about but it was all taken care of for us.

AOFH was everything we were looking for and completely delivered to give us the best Wedding day memories we could have asked for. We would highly recommend them to future couples.

Cashell · Married on 04/29/2017

Where to begin. Oh, I know, with Gail! She is AMAZING! We had our wedding at AOFH on 4/29/17 and it was positively perfect. On the wedding day, Gail and her team operated like a well oiled machine. There wasn't even an opportunity for anything to go wrong because they were on top of everything. Like seriously. Before I could even think of something, there they were with whatever it was. After noticing me trying to get some air under my dress, Leighton directed me to stand next to him, right above the a/c vent. That's the level of attention to detail the team at AOFH operates with. We were treated with that same kind of attention throughout our entire planning process (over a year). Gail took the time to meet with me and various family members when we would visit the venue, respond to all of those various family members phone calls and emails, as well as answer my very many questions as they came up. She has a way of making you feel like your wedding is the best and only wedding in the world. Gail really invests an interest in her couples. She remembers specific things, information, or stories you share with her and uses that to help craft the vision for your wedding. I honestly cannot say enough about the staff there and how amazing they were. Beyond that, the hotel itself is very lovely. We had a lot of out of town wedding guests so there were quite a few guests staying at the hotel for 1-3 nights. Many raved about the hotel and location. Our photographer was very happy with the bridal suite. Lots of light, beautiful wallpaper, and a high wall hook to hang the wedding dress from. There was plenty of room for three hair/makeup people to setup stations and eight people to hang around drinking mimosas. If you're looking for a venue where you can have a beautiful outdoor or indoor ceremony where your guests easily walk to the cocktail hour, reception, and then back to their room, look no further!

Calli · Married on 03/04/2017

Gail and Laten, the wedding coordinator and event coordinator, at Avon Old Farms Hotel made our day better than we could have planned. Gail was constantly available for any questions that came up and was flexible when we had some last minute decoration changes the day before the wedding! Laten, the event coordinator, was there guiding our day making sure every time line was hit and that we were taken care of at every moment with whatever we needed. It was a day I truly felt like a princess, and the Avon Old Farms Hotel and staff were part of the reason!

shannon · Married on 10/01/2016

My husband and I were married here just about a week ago, and we couldn't recommend this venue more highly! Unfortunately, after planning and hoping for an outdoor ceremony, we had to hold it inside due to inclement weather. Gail (the coordinator) was able to transform the foyer into a beautiful scene and maintain the outdoorsy feel we wanted. We had quite a few friends and family stay overnight, and we were very excited about the ease with which everyone was able to book and check in. The hotel allowed our bridal party guests to check in early the day of the wedding, which we greatly appreciated! We had brought bags and boxes of decorations and welcome bags and candles which Gail expertly used to decorate the ballroom, all while I was up in the bridal suite getting ready. I couldn't have been happier with the way she turned my vision into a reality. Our waitstaff was absolutely lovely. All we have heard from our guests is how friendly and funny everyone was, including our wonderful bartenders. I have to give a special shout out to Leighton, who helped us throughout the night. He got the bridal party downstairs in time for the ceremony, ushered us out for photos after, and got us all back in and organized for the reception. He had a key to my room on hand at all times which was amazing because I couldn't keep track of a single thing all day. The entire AOFH team takes the guess work out of the equation, and allows for the bride and groom to really enjoy the entire experience. This place has all the amenities you would expect from a big wedding venue, with the cozy New England charm.

Danielle · Married on 07/30/2016

My husband and I just celebrated our 1 year anniversary after being married at Avon Old Farms. We had our ceremony and reception there; we could not have been happier with the venue! Great service, very professional, Gail and Leighton are old pros at weddings and know exactly how to make the day run smoothly. The food was excellent and definitely a great price for the area. I would highly recommend.

Where do we even begin!? we were so pleased from day one on the flexibility, accommodations and professionalism of Gail and Leighton and the rest of the team at Avon Old Farms hotel! It was the perfect setting for our intimate wedding with closest family members on 10/4/15. What we also loved was as the day approached and rain was in the imminent future.. We had the option for a beautiful ceremony inside. However we did luck out and have exactly what we wanted outside; we had options here. Every aspect gave us everlasting memories we will cherish forever ! Everyone has been calling and saying how much fun they had at our wedding and how beautiful it was. They were impressed with the food, service and experience overall at Avon old farms hotel! Gail was so responsive with every email I sent as a nervous bride! The fire outside the terrace was such a beautiful touch as well! I wish we can rewind and have the day again just to slow down and take it all in one more time. The day truly does go by so fast when everyone is having fun and we were in the moment. I couldn't imagine a more perfect day. The ambience and set up Gail and Leighton provided was breathtaking. We are so thankful for you all and hope to be guests at a wedding there someday as well to think back on our day again! Thank you so much!

Amy · Married on 09/26/2015

Avon Old Farms Hotel was a great place for our wedding. I really had my heart set on an outdoor ceremony, and it was one of the main reasons we chose the venue. The outdoor area and gazeebo were really pretty. Additionally, the indoor ceremony area was a nice backup location. Having the hotel, ceremony, and reception all it one place was so nice. It made things easier for all of our guests, cheaper for us (didn't need a limo or guest transportation), and allowed us more time to see people rather than running around between different sites. The Avon area is beautiful, but it was also nice to be close to West Hartford for a more urban experience for our rehearsal dinner. Gail, the main wedding planner, really did a wonderful job helping us plan every detail of the wedding. We live in California and were planning the wedding from afar, so it was nice to know that Gail had everything covered. She had all of the details down and really made us feel like we were taken care of. Layton, the banquet manager, did a great job on the day of the wedding. He made sure we were in all the right places at the right time, and that we didn't miss our dinners! The food was good, the drinks were strong, and we were able to spend some time outside by the firepit making our s'mores. Really fun and beautiful event. We used a room at the hotel for welcome drinks/snacks on Friday night and did a farewell brunch at the hotel on Sunday morning. Those were good ways to extend our wedding weekend and get to spend more time with our guests. The bridal suite was really pretty and spacious. It was a good place to get ready in the morning.

Jonathan and Robyn · Married on 09/06/2015

Excellent value, world-class staff, and beautiful venue!!

We cannot say enough about the Avon Old Farms Hotel and their entire staff! From the first time we went to view the AOFH we were wowed by the beauty of the venue (inside AND outside). We were thrilled that they would be so welcoming for our smaller wedding (about 60 guests) and that the packages were so reasonably priced. Gail the events manager was by our side through the entire process making sure that no details were missed and everything happened just the way that it was supposed to.

The entire staff was exceptional too, making us and our guests feel comfortable and welcome. They took care of everything -- from setting up just the way we wanted, to taking everything down, and even delivering our gifts to the bridal suite for us after the reception. They even thought to bring up two extra pieces of wedding cake and some wine to our room!

Most of our guests stayed on site Friday and Saturday night for our Sunday afternoon wedding. It was so wonderful being able to have everyone spend the weekend together in a low-stress and comfortable setting. There was no need to rush from place to place and that made things very, very comfortable for us and our guests.

We give AOFH our highest recommendation and could not have seen our special day being as wonderful at any other venue!

Julie · Married on 08/29/2015

We had the fairytale wedding of our dreams at Avon Old Farms Hotel. The food was phenomenal and the wedding coordinator was so wonderful to us. It really is the perfect venue to get married and everyone at our wedding said it was the best wedding they have ever been to! We could not be happier!

The facility made every aspect of our wedding beautiful. Gail was professional and easy to work with throughout the planning and the big day. The food and service were impeccable. Our family and friends have said our wedding was one of the best they ever attended!

Very accommodating and attentive for our private dining room Rehearsal Dinner. Lovely venue, as well as easy to navigate. I brought my own table decorations, and in my absence, they noticed the colors and switched out napkins to match, which pleased me immensely! Food was more than plentiful, beautifully prepared and arranged. Kudos to the entire staff who helped make a wonderfully memorable evening prior to the wedding next day.

i used avon old farms hotel for my ceremony and reception. it was absolutely beautiful. every one of my guests said it was one of the best weddings they have ever gone to. they were so organized and made sure everything ran smoothly, from when people should walk down the isle to the last drinks being served. their food was amazing! for once their were no complaints about wedding food. the bridal suit was all ready for me and my bridal party to get ready in and the event coordinator gail kept letting me know how everything was going and making sure i was doing alright. they definently brought the ease you need on your wedding day. they have great pricing and they were very attentive to me and my guests. i would love everybody to use them for their events. beautiful venue and wonderful prices and service.

Erica · Married on 08/01/2014

Avon Old Farms Hotel was fantastic. Gail, the wedding coordinator, was very responsive and fun to work with - she had a lot of great suggestions/ideas and was very flexible for however we wanted to personalize things. The day of the wedding we were getting ready in the bridal suite and she called a few times to see if we needed anything. The bridal suite, ball room, and ceremony grounds were beautiful. We also received numerous compliments from the guests on how delicious the food was. Gail made everything so easy and stress free, I would not hesitate recommending AOFH to anyone.

• User3519620 · 2+ years ago

All of our guests (and us!) stayed at AOFH for our wedding weekend. We also had our rehearsal dinner here at their Seasons Restaurant.
    Jenifer was amazing to work with. She did such a wonderful job of being in touch with me about our room block to add appropriate rooms and make sure all guests were taken care of. I also worked with Jeanne, who was fantastic, to arrange for shuttle transportation to and from our venue for guests.
    Jenifer was also thoughtful, creative, and caring when helping us plan a rehearsal dinner. The food was delicious, the room she offered to us was gorgeous (the Terrace), and Jenifer was so helpful in planning our menu for food and drink to make sure we stayed in budget while still offering a wonderful experience for our guests.
    We loved our suite room at the hotel and we can't wait to return just to visit the area.

Rachel · Married on 04/05/2014

Gail and her staff did a beautiful job putting our wedding together! They were so helpful in making my special day run flawlessly! Gail was there to walk us through any step of the way that we needed help with. The bridal suite was the perfect space for the bridesmaids and me to get ready in. The atrium in the ballroom was just redone-- our wedding was the first one to take place in it and it really is beautiful and adds to the beauty of the space! The grounds are also beautiful-- I can only imagine how beautiful an outdoor wedding would be in the late spring or early summer! SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL!

Dan · Married on 08/11/2013

They were wonderful in every way!