Ava Laurenne Bride Reviews

Ava Laurenne Bride 7
  • Kristina

Kristina Perry · Getting married on 12/05/2020

Great Experience

I had such a good time trying on dresses at Ava Lauren. Their studio is just beautiful and the girls there are SO lovely and helpful. I had a specific style in mind but every time I tried on what I thought I wanted I just wasn't "feeling it". They suggested I try a dress that was a style I really wasn't going for but said just for comparison maybe I should try it. Of course that ended up being THE dress! When I put it on and came out of the dressing room she told me, "you look happy in this dress, you're smiling and you didn't smile in the others" She was so right, that dress gave me confidence and it showed. One of the girls also recommended two alterations shops and the one I chose did a phenomenal job on my wedding gown, it fit like a glove! They were not just helpful and professional but I also felt that they were truly excited for me and wanted me to have an amazing dress. Highly recommend!

Sent on 06/03/2019

Karen Du Teil · Getting married on 06/19/2020

Love this place!

Went with my daughter, the bride, and had such a wonderful experience! First, the new space is beautiful and in a great location in old town Fredericksburg. Second, the women who work here are so nice and pleasant. Never, ever felt rushed or pressured, even as they brought out dress after dress after dress after dress... Was worried that we’d be limited in how many dresses she would be allowed to try — particularly after reading reviews about other bridal shops — but no worries at all...even though we came on a Saturday afternoon

Sent on 06/21/2019
  • Meagan

Meagan Gendron · Getting married on 01/04/2020

BEST boutique around

Ava Laurenne was the BEST boutique I could've asked for. It was the one and only bridal shop I went to. I walked in not knowing a single thing about the style or fit that I wanted yet I walked out with my dream dress! Katie and the entire staff paid so much attention to what I said, what I liked or didn't like, and even helped in a mini crisis when my dress came in. Thank you so much Ava Laurenne for helping me find the dress of my dreams!

Sent on 04/24/2019
  • Sabrina

Sabrina Baker · Married on 07/20/2019

They'll Make You Feel Beautiful!

I had a great time during my dress appointment. Brittany pulled some amazing dresses for me to try on, had a great attitude and made it FUN!
    The designer was behind on my dress but Ava Laurenne took the stress away and assured me that we would get the dress with plenty of time to get the alterations done - and they were right!
    Such a great experience working with them and I love my dress!

Sent on 07/31/2019

Amanda Mascarenas · Married on 06/29/2019

Amazing!!!!!!!!

Katie helped me out and she was amazing. She was very professional. Helped me find exactly what I was looking for in a dress.

Sent on 07/11/2019
  • alissa_carolynne

Alissa · Married on 05/04/2019

One of a kind dress

Ava Laurenne was the second bridal store that I had gone to, I wasn't feeling very well and although all the dresses they pulled were gorgeous I didn't get the feeling. As my appointment was coming to a close, my stylist said she was going to pull one more, the designer had made a mistake on the coloring of the dress and asked them to send it back. But they had loved it so much they kept it anyway... I'm so glad they did. I put on that dress and it was the *one*, I had the feeling!
    Everyone cheered and it was such an awesome experience. The ladies at ava laurenne really want you to find your dream dress and you can tell they want only the best for you and other brides.

Sent on 05/28/2019
    Ava Laurenne Bride 8
    Ava Laurenne Bride 9
    Ava Laurenne Bride 10
    Ava Laurenne Bride 11
    Ava Laurenne Bride 12

Alina · Married on 04/27/2019

Beautiful dresses and a really fun experience

The team at Ava Laurenne was so welcoming and patient with me - it was the first place and only place I looked for my wedding dress. I went in with no ideas about what to expect or what to look for, and they spent hours curating nearly two dozen options for me. In the end, we found my perfect dress and had so much fun choosing!

Sent on 04/20/2019

Sarah · Married on 04/27/2019

Excellent people to work with

As someone who didn’t know what she wanted and loved everything, they were patient, encouraging and supportive. Even when I thought I’d made the wrong decision they helped me through it, and I’ve never felt more beautiful on my wedding day. Can’t say thank you enough to them!

Sent on 05/25/2019

Amanda · Married on 10/27/2018

I cannot say how awesome Ava Laurenne Bride was in helping me select a dress. Katie was fabulous in helping me try on a variety of styles and helping me to narrow down what I wanted. Customer service and dress selection was top notch. I would recommend every bride go here first!

Sent on 07/12/2018
  • Caitlin

Caitlin · Married on 10/27/2018

Fairy tale experience!

If you're looking for an incredible experience while dress shopping, the princess treatment at Ava Laurenne is the only option you should consider! My family and I spent the afternoon/night eating and drinking and sharing memories and stories and getting to know the girls there whilst finding me the dress of my dreams at the same time. The shop is incredible!

Sent on 11/09/2018
  • Kelsey

Kelsey · Married on 10/25/2018

This was the first place I went and the woman that helped me was amazing. She was attentive and gave lots of advice. I didn't even notice she was pregnant till the 3rd dress, she was carrying around the dresses like they were nothing!! I am extremely happy with my dress and she even took note of my obvious facial expressions when I tried on other dresses.

Sent on 01/06/2018

Dana · Married on 10/21/2018

My experience buying my wedding dress at Ava Laurenne Bride was absolutely perfect. I was not a bride who was looking forward to wedding dress shopping, my maid of honor actually booked the appointment for me by surprise. I was very honest when I walked in that I had NO IDEA what I was looking for. Brittany H was so incredibly helpful that it brought me to tears. Every single dress she brought me made me feel amazing. She listened to what I liked & didn't like about each dress, and brought in THE ONE!

The ordering process was super easy and did not take long at all. I am between sizes, and Brittany worked with me to help me decide which size was a better idea to order. I still ended up having to have a few alterations done, but they provide a recommendation for a seamstress to all their brides.

All in all, my dress was a bit over budget and did need just a few small fixes - but I would not change a thing about my dress shopping experience. My dress is perfect for me, and I have felt like a beautiful bride every step of the way with Ava Laurenne!

Sent on 08/19/2018
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 10/20/2018

An Amazing Experience

I had the most wonderful experience working with the ladies at Ava Laurenne Bride. They helped me select a beautiful Justin Alexander gown that was so absolutely amazing. They were so patient and kind during my entire appointment. I felt at home and would recommend this shop to all brides!

Sent on 11/04/2018
    Ava Laurenne Bride 13
    Ava Laurenne Bride 14
    Ava Laurenne Bride 15

Cassy Russell · Married on 10/20/2018

Amazing experience

Ava Laurenne was the first bridal shop I went to; I had never tried on a wedding dress and I really had no intention of buying a dress at the first shop I visited. But the atmosphere was so warm and comfortable and the staff so friendly that it was easy to zero in on what I was looking for and to find my perfect dress! It was a wonderful experience to share with mom, sister, and future mother-in-law!

Sent on 11/30/2018

Emily · Married on 10/12/2018

They’re just as excited for your wedding as you are!

Ava Laurenne was an experience like no other- I felt so comfortable and fell in love with my dream dress. Everyone at Ava treated me like family and were just as excited about my wedding as I was! They took the time to hear my love story and even though I fell in love with the second dress I tried on, patty encouraged me to try more dresses on to ensure I had everything I could ever dream of! I felt like a princess here! They also recommended alterations companies and supplied me with extra lace to add to my dress. BEST DRESS COMPANY!

Sent on 10/25/2018

Ashley · Married on 10/06/2018

My experience at Ava Laurenne Bride was so special! I had visited several shops from Alexandria to Manassas and Fredericksburg and no other shop compared to ALB. I had been on the search for a wedding dress for nearly four months and the consultants at Ava (Brittany, Patty, Katie, and Ashley) were oh-so patient with me as I visited the shop multiple times to find the style of dress that would look perfect for my big day. Each and every time I was greeted with a smile and the ladies were always so helpful in pulling dresses that were exactly my taste. I knew I would find my dress there and to help me select THE dress we scheduled a princess treatment at ALB. It was so special to have close family and friends to share the experience of "saying yes to the dress". I couldn't have imagined a more special appointment! I had a budget set and Patty and Brittany were able to find me the perfect dress and everything I needed without going over it! At ALB they do everything they can to make sure that soon-to-be brides walk out with a smile on their face. I cannot say enough positive things about my experience or the great customer service that is offered at ALB each and every time you walk into the door. If you're looking for a special experience, to not be rushed, and to be treated like family, Ava Laurenne Bride is the perfect place to find your dream dress!

Sent on 11/24/2017

Anna Marie · Married on 07/28/2018

This place was absolutely amazing from beginning to end. I was fortunate enough to work with Wendy and her husband, Gabe. You can really tell they genuinely care about the people walking through their doors. You are not just a number, but a member of the Ava Laurenne Bride family. I felt like my appointment was with an old friend. Gabe and Wendy picked out a few dresses for me with my budget strictly in mind without going over it. I tried on the first dress and knew it was the one! She paired a veil with it that looked like it was made for my dress. Wendy's words were so heartfelt, true, and genuine. She is so empathetic and listens and doesn't try to force any style or dress on you. She lets you take it all in, observe the dress for yourself and if you don't like it, off it goes!! and quickly ;) I can't recommend this place enough. Everything was perfect! I wish every bride could feel so special and have such an amazing experience as I did at Ava Laurenne.

Sent on 01/17/2018
  • Laura S.

Laura · Married on 06/30/2018

The experience I had at Ava Laurenne was unmatched by anything I have ever experienced. Earlier in the day, I experienced a terrible bridal appointment at another bridal shop in town that had me feeling very discouraged and defeated. I came here next, and I wish I had just come here first! Walking in, I already felt that I would have a much better experience. ALL the staff greeted us and asked my mother and I if we had been helped. Customer service was amazing. First, I met with Brittany, who asked me what I was looking for and then we started pulling dresses! A few minutes later, I met Patty who was the lady I worked with the whole time. I enjoyed that my mother and I could pull dresses that we really liked, and Brittany and Patty pulled dresses for me as well. I think I ended up trying on about 15-20 dresses in my 1.5-hour appointment! The second dress I walked out in was my DREAM dress!! I was in love from the very second Patty was putting it on. This was the dress that Brittany thought of right away after I told her what I was looking for. She did such a great job picking out this dress - I was amazed by how awesome I felt, and my mom and I shed a few happy tears. :) Of course, I still had about 15 dresses to try on, so we got to work. Patty was doing such a great job since she was putting me into all different styles and looks just to make sure that I KNEW that my dress was the one Brittany had picked. The dresses were absolutely beautiful, but I knew I had already found my dress. Better yet, I also got my veil and belt here too and were beautiful enhancements for my dress. Overall, the customer service was phenomenal, the staff was very personable and genuine, and I had the greatest time here. I will definitely recommend Ava Laurenne to everyone I know! Thank you so much again to Brittany and Patty!!! Can't wait until my dress arrives! :)

Sent on 10/09/2017

Kate · Married on 06/15/2018

I can't even begin to describe how incredibly amazing Wendy and her team at Ava Laurénne are! They are the BEST! When looking at a few other bridal boutiques, I felt rushed and unappreciated. At Ava Laurénne, Wendy was so incredibly patient, kind, and downright awesome! She made the experience so much fun and made me feel like part of the family! She offered advice, never rushed me, and had a great sense of humor. Her husband and staff are equally amazing as well! Seriously - make an appointment here right away - you won't be disappointed! After my mom's suggestion, we made an appointment here and I drove down from Alexandria. I'm so glad I did. Ava Laurénne is nestled in downtown Fredericksburg and is so cute! Take the day and have lunch while you’re there. I'm so happy to be an ALB bride!!

Sent on 11/24/2017

Ashley · Married on 04/14/2018

I absolutely love Ava Laurenne! Ashley and Brittany were complete dolls and made me feel like the most beautiful, important person to ever exist. I got my gown just under a year ago, maybe 2 months after I got engaged, and it was the first and only bridal shop I had to visit to find my wedding dress. I got married this past month, April 2018, and they steamed and pressed my dress to perfection for me. I couldn't have been happier with the experience, the gown, and the veil. Everything was perfect. Such a no-pressure, wonderful boutique! I highly recommend if you're looking for quality and excellence!

Sent on 04/30/2018

Erika · Married on 03/03/2018

I went to 4 other bridal gown stores before I found THE dress here. This was by far the friendliest, most accommodating, and most enjoyable shop to visit. I had the pleasure of working with Katie who is AMAZING! She took the time to really listen to what I was looking for and she was the one who ultimately pulled my dress to try on as she took my feedback from each dress we tried on previously. It was amazing! I never thought I'd find it and it was everything I wanted and more :) I also bought my veil from there too and got to try everything on together. What a great experience- Thank you Katie!

I had such a lovely time that I recommended it to my sister-in-law and she ended up buying her dress there too! We both had a blast. We're also using Ava Laurenne to clean and preserve our bridal gowns post wedding. They're truly a one stop shop with such kind and friendly staff- a must visit for all future brides!

Sent on 03/13/2018

Linda · Married on 01/06/2018

I had the best experience with Ava Laruenne Bride. Growing up in the area this place was definitely up and coming as more and more of my friends had an experience with them. In the past they had formal and bridesmaid dresses available and noticed the care they provided my dear bride friends. As a bridesmaid I would also tell my friends after moving away about this place and they found their dresses here as well! So naturally when it was my turn I knew in the back of my mind that I'd most likely find my dream dress here. Admittedly, I went to quite a few stores before making this my last stop. I'm actually glad I did. It proved their professionalism and commitment to their customers, far exceeding the treatment I received at other shops. I had Ashley who helped me over a period of a few months before the purchase. She helped me truly find the exact dress I wanted all along.

Sent on 02/13/2018
    Ava Laurenne Bride 16
    Ava Laurenne Bride 17
    Ava Laurenne Bride 18
    Ava Laurenne Bride 19
    Ava Laurenne Bride 20

Jessica · Married on 11/11/2017

I had tried on many dresses at different shops and had not found one that I felt was "the one". When I met Wendy she immediately made me feel comfortable and special! She found my dress & I can't wait to wear it on my wedding day! Thanks Wendy you are the best!!!!

Sent on 07/28/2017

Kelly · Married on 10/14/2017

I bought my dress about two years ago, but just FINALLY got to wear it! All of the staff at Ava Laurenne are so knowledgeable and really understand each bride's vision. They also referred me to a great local seamstress for my alterations. I am so happy with my dress and my experience here!

Sent on 10/18/2017
    Ava Laurenne Bride 21
    Ava Laurenne Bride 22
    Ava Laurenne Bride 23
    Ava Laurenne Bride 24

DENISE · Married on 10/08/2017

I cannot even begin to explain the level of service we got from this salon, Wendy is beyond amazing, I do believe she is an angel in disguise. She made my daughter so happy and helped her find the dress of her dreams. After going to a couple of different shops and my daughter trying on over 40 gowns and leaving the last one in tears, she thought she would never find the dress of her dreams, we decided to make an appointment at ALB after seeing them at the expo. Like everyone else we thought it would be out of our price point but boy were we wrong. Wendy greeted us as soon as we came in the shop, she asked my daugher all about the wedding plans and the venue. She then told us she would pick some dresses in our price point for her to try on. She picked all the right ones and did not go over our budget, on the 3rd dress my daughter was in happy tears saying she had found the one. I would definitely recommend this shop to every bride who is looking for the perfect gown and a level of service that is beyond amazing. Thank you Wendy for going above and beyond for us.

Sent on 02/27/2017

Ava Laurenne Bride's reply:

Oh, Denise, this just made my night!!!:) You all were such a delight to work with, and your beautiful daughter looks amazing in her gown!! When all of you started crying, it was such a precious moment!:) I can't wait to see all the pics of her perfect day! Much love, -Wendy:)