Austin Event Studio Reviews

35 Reviews for Austin Event Studio

35 Austin Event Studio Reviews

Karolina · Married on 11/02/2018

Amazing Wedding Coordinator

I highly recommend Barbara as a day of wedding coordinator. I was not planning to have a day of coordinator, but my venue, Camp Lucy required me to have one. So I started looking for a planner. Many of the planners charge over $1,500.00, even with a low guest count. Barbara was not only reasonable in price, but she executed perfectly. I am very organized, efficient with my time, and managing tasks so I had found almost all my vendors by the time I hired Barbara. She has a great network and was able to find me the final piece of my wedding puzzle: the officiant (who turned out to be amazing as well). She went above and beyond to help with picking up sparklers I purchased from someone in Austin (we live in San Antonio) and brought containers to set them in, which was not something she was required to do. During the meeting at Camp Lucy 30 days prior to our wedding she asked important questions that I did not think of and made excellent suggestions for questions I was unsure how to answer. Barbara has many years of experience and was very familiar with my venue and my Camp Lucy account specialist since they had worked together before. On the day of the wedding Barbara arrived before me and started setting up my personal items as soon I walked in with them. She coordinated with my vendors and everything ran very smoothly. I couldn't have been happier with how everything turned out and I am definitely glad the venue "required" me to get a coordinator. I could not have done what she did myself and also enjoyed my wedding. If you are looking for a perfectly executed wedding then Barbara is the best choice!

Melissa · Married on 09/08/2018

Barbara did a beautiful job on the decorations and exceeded our expectations. My Daughter, wanted simple, lots of lights and elegant. It was wonderful walking into the event (though we had to move everything inside the Zilker Park Clubhouse due to a huge probability of rain.) When I (the Mother of the Bride walked inside, it took my breath away). 2 recommendations that I would make as I learned this because it was my first wedding to plan; Don't leave the ceremony up to your coordinator. I wish I had paid extra to have Barbara at our rehearsal dinner (she does not automatically attend and you can't have the rehearsal at Zilker Park Clubhouse) so the ceremony itself went way too quickly due to poor planning on my part. One other suggestion is to make sure you have hired enough extra hands for clean up. Barbara will be ready and willing to help in any way she can, but don't expect her to read your mind.

Sheena · Married on 04/21/2018

Barbara was great to work with and helped my big day run smoothly! I was a DIY bride and she embraced my vision and executed it beautifully. I'd recommend her to any bride!

Alyssa · Married on 04/14/2018

Barbara is amazing. I cannot say enough great things about her. She is creative, smart, thoughtful, organized, and everything you need in a coordinator! She was very willing to work with our budget and needs for our wedding. She has a ton of experience and genuinely loves what she is doing. We were in constant communication throughout the planning, which I appreciated it. She is very transparent on what needs to be done. She is someone we could trust 100% to make sure our wedding day would go smoothly! We just needed to concentrate on having fun on the day of my wedding. And we did without a care in the world! It was perfect.
    It was great working with her and definitely looking forward to working with her in the future on other projects (kids birthday parties, baby showers, etc). :)

James · Married on 02/17/2018

Barbara was great to work with. Super knowledgeable, very friendly, and she and her staff did a great job.

Rachel · Married on 01/02/2018

I could go on for paragraphs about how great Barbara’s service was for our wedding. We hired Barbara as a day-of-coordinator about two months before our wedding when we thought we might need a professional to help with day-of logistics. In our first meeting with Barbara, we were totally sold - she is so experienced and had thoughtful questions for us that we hadn’t even begun to think about (and probably should have at that point)!

Leading up to the wedding, Barbara was in frequent contact with me and our vendors nailing down the timeline and answering questions. She was helpful beyond words in answering questions like order of the processional, where we could get flower girl baskets at a reasonable price, the list goes on and on. You never think about how hard it is to plan a wedding when you haven’t planned one before, so it was extremely helpful to have Barbara - she knows her stuff!!

Our wedding day itself was absolutely perfect, thanks to Barbara. She came to me with a few questions or updates on things throughout the day but already had a plan on how to handle them. I didn’t have to make any decisions or worry about timing of things at all during the day, which was amazing.

To any bride who is planning their wedding themselves (like me), having a day-of-coordinator was 1000% worth it and Barbara is a phenomenal choice!

Sent on 01/15/2018

Austin Event Studio's reply:

Thank you so much Rachel! You were wonderful to work with and so organized. I truly appreciate the opportunity to be a part of your big day!

Daisy · Married on 09/22/2017

Barbara is amazing!! From our very first meeting, I was so impressed by her organization and warmth. As our day-of-coordinator, she did a phenomenal job keeping things moving on schedule (even when there were the inevitable little hiccups or surprises) and working alongside both our vendors and friends and family who had volunteered to help. I only wish I had found her sooner! She is organized, detail-oriented, patient and calming ;) My fiance and I were so grateful to be able to turn to her for an expert's take at various points in the lead up to our big day.

Sent on 09/27/2017

Austin Event Studio's reply:

Thank you Daisy! You were so easy to work with and your family was so kind and helpful! I loved being a part of your big day! Congratulations!!!
  • O

orlando · Married on 06/18/2017

Barbara was amazing! She coordinated our event with precision and professionalism. We couldn't have done it without her. Big or small, I highly recommend Barbara and Austin Event Studio for your wedding.

s · Married on 04/15/2017

Barbara at Austin Event Studio was EVERYTHING you could want in a wedding date of coordinator and more! She was extremely responsive in the wedding planning process, and even though she was only hired as a day-of coordinator, she was willing to help me with some of the more difficult decisions leading up to the wedding. She truly went above and beyond. Barbara was always an EXTREME pleasure to work with and her experience as a wedding coordinator truly shows!

Leading up to the big day, she attended a final vendor meeting with my mother and I, and questions prepared for each of the vendors to iron out any wrinkles in the schedule. Then, she provided a detailed schedule (down to the minute!) for the actual wedding day. She was in contact with each of the individual vendors herself and reviewed all the contracts to make sure nothing had been missed.

On the day of the wedding, her and her lovely assistant help to set up the tables, coordinate the vendors, and just make sure that everything was going as scheduled. There was so much to do that I know that without the help Barbara and her assistant, there is no way that everything would have gotten finished on time for the ceremony.

I give the highest recommendation for Barbara at Austin Event Studio. HER PRICES ARE UNBEATABLE! I am talking, people were charging FIVE TIMES as much for the same services and not-so-hot reviews. This is who you should go with! Literally a life saver and I couldn't imagine my big day without her help. Thanks Barbara!!!

Shannon

Sent on 05/06/2017

Austin Event Studio's reply:

Thanks so much Shannon! It was such a pleasure to help you with your beautiful wedding. All my best to you! Barbara

Amy · Married on 02/19/2017

We could not have made it through our wedding without Barbara Cooper, or Saint Barbara as I will call her! At first, we just hired her for our day-of coordination, but as the tasks started to pile up, my mom made the smart decision to hire her on as a full-time coordinator. It was one of the best decisions we made throughout the entire process! Barbara's calm demeanor, professionalism and positive attitude were the perfect match for this stressful time. She had many great ideas, design supplies and was very organized with To-Do Lists and Timelines that allowed our multi-day celebrations to run smoothly. Her decorations for our Meet and Greet and for the Wedding Day were perfect! I was so pleased with the way everything turned out.

On the wedding day, Barbara was there from start to finish. We gave her a few items we wanted at the entrance for the guest sign-in and the display was perfect and really reflected our style! The table settings with burlap runners and small votive candles brought added romance to night. The biggest asset of having Barbara on our team was being able to leave the venue with our friends at the end of the night, knowing that everything was taken care of. All of the vendors had been paid by simply giving Barbara the checks with tips to hand out, all of the leftover food and alcohol was packed up and transported and all of our decorations, including flowers were collected and brought to where they needed to be. I have heard horror stories of couples celebrating their big day only to have to stay late to clean and tie up loose ends. Barbara ensured that all we had to do at the end of the night was walk under the lit sparklers held up by all our guests (which Barbara provided), get on our shuttle bus and enjoy the magical day that had just taken place.

Hiring a wedding planner is the smartest thing you can do for your big day, and hiring Saint Barbara with Austin Event Studios is the perfect choice!

Mi · Married on 12/03/2016

Barbara is a fantastic party planner. She planned our daughter Bat Mitzvah. It was a memorable event. She is so sweet and easy to work with. She was able to put together our wishes accordingly with our budget. I cant wait to work with Barbara again!Many Thanks to you Barbara.

Todd · Married on 10/15/2016

Barbara did a great job for us. We hired her for our day of coordinator and she went above and beyond. She helped answer questions along the way and made the day easy on the both of us. We would highly recommend her.

Kat · Married on 10/08/2016

Barbara is the absolute BEST! She's professional, friendly, and (most importantly) a total powerhouse at her job. Without hesitation I'd recommend her for anyone planning any type of event. She was by far the best vendor I hired for my wedding; she made sure my day was stress-free (even though quite a few things went wrong) and enjoyable. If you're on the fence about who to hire, stop looking, hire her. You won't regret your decision. Thanks for everything, Barbara!

Sent on 10/18/2016

Austin Event Studio's reply:

Thanks Kat!!! It was such a pleasure to work with you and Michael!

Lauren · Married on 09/25/2016

Barbara was amazing! We had some rough moments between difficult venue owners and weather the day of. Fire alarms, torrential downpours, and a power outage was no match for Barbara. She made the day easy to from set up to tear down. We had the time of our lives thanks to her!

Sent on 09/27/2016

Austin Event Studio's reply:

Thank you so much Lauren, it was my pleasure! It helps in those situations to have a couple that is easy to work with and rolls with what ever is thrown their way!
  • O

olivia · Married on 08/06/2016

Barbara helped us organize a big fund raiser for a charity in East Austin. It was a very complex project with many moving parts and stakeholders and Barbara navigated everything with efficient professionalism and a positive attitude. I don't know what we would have done without her. THANK YOU!

Shannon · Married on 06/19/2016

Ms. Barb is AMAZING!!! There are not enough words to express how wonderful Barbara is at what she does!! From the very beginning she was very accommodating, flexible and helpful with advice. We planned our wedding from Baltimore MD so it was so nice having someone that had expert knowledge of the area, vendors, etc... to rely on. If you are looking for ANY type of assistance for your wedding or other event we would highly recommend giving Barb a call!!! We can't thank her enough for a completely perfect day!

Linda · Married on 06/11/2016

Barbara was our saving grace! We interviewed several wedding coordinators before we found Barbara. The minute we met Barbara, my daughter and I felt a sense of peace! She was a self starter, examining the flow and details of the wedding without being asked. She is calm and polite yet knows how to coordinate others! Barbara dealt with vendors, coordinated the decorations, and always had the total picture in mind. During the wedding and reception I was able to totally relax and enjoy the wedding because Barbara had our back- taking care of all the details. Barbara helped make our daughter's wedding prefect! Linda Beaumont, Texas

Sent on 07/18/2016

Austin Event Studio's reply:

Thank you so much Linda! You and Nicole where amazing to work with.

Renee · Married on 04/02/2016

Barbara helped us plan and decorate a brewery for our daughter's wedding reception. It was a challenging venue to decorate and she pulled it off beautifully. She paid attention to details and worked in all the little extra things that we wanted at the reception. Barbara worked within a short time frame to make the venue look beautiful. We received many compliments on the how the brewery was decorated and how the party flowed. Thank you again Barbara!

Sent on 04/04/2016

Austin Event Studio's reply:

You and your daughter were so fun to work with! Thank you so much for letting me be a part of your family celebration!

Amy · Married on 02/27/2016

Wedding guests = approx. 60-65

We hired Barbara for day-of coordination & decor/design assistance. I had SOOOO many ideas (thanks to Pinterest) and needed a little help pulling it all into one finalized plan. She met with us several times & always followed up with emails quickly. With the package we bought, she allowed us to use many of her awesome wedding decorations! They blended so nicely with the items I selected!! She sent us a nice copy of the finalized design plan (which was a huge relief for the DIY bride).

Barbara showed up to the venue early (for day-of coordination & decoration). We had TONS of people helping out, so when I stepped away for hair & make-up, I was a little nervous as to how things would end up. When I came back into the room, I was overwhelmed with excitement because everything looked AMAZING. The tables were set up beautifully.

Throughout the wedding, she made sure we stayed on schedule, but she wasn't obtrusive. We would definitely recommend Barbara for wedding services.

Sent on 03/12/2016

Austin Event Studio's reply:

Amy, thank you so much for trusting me with your wedding! I truly appreciate it!

Jenn · Married on 02/14/2016

Wow!!!! Barbara at Austin Event Studio was absolutely AMAZING!!!! She will make your wedding like a fairytale and is at your service every step of the way!!! You will not find a better wedding planner in Austin in my opinion. She is very detail oriented, can multi-task like you can not believe, and is able to coordinate with the vendors so effortlessly to make your day absolutely perfect! She always has a smile on her face and is able to make miracles happen even if part of your family has a totally different Vision than you!!! She is there to make YOUR DAY PERFECT! I remember her the day of being there at my beck and call and she even went and picked up all of our flowers on the day of since the florist couldn't (for a very minimal charge)!!!! I just can't speak enough great words about her!!!!

Sent on 02/22/2016

Austin Event Studio's reply:

Thank you so much Jenn!! It was my pleasure and thank you for letting me be a part of your big day!

Robbie · Married on 11/08/2015

Barbara was a life-saver for our wedding! I wanted to make sure that my parents could enjoy the wedding and reception without having to do all the setup themselves which was not possible given the time constraints. Barbara service for day-of coordination solved this problem. She is super organized, professional and a nice person. She scheduled a call ahead of the wedding with us and then built a timeline of when things would happen on the day of the wedding. This gave us peace of mind going into what can be a stressful day. She pulled everything together at the ceremony and reception beautifully. The value of this service far surpasses her fee. I highly recommend her to anyone having a small, self designed wedding to help bring everything together so you can enjoy your day.

Sent on 12/04/2015

Austin Event Studio's reply:

Robbie it was my pleasure to be a part of your wonderful day! Thank you!

I had a large wedding and she did a great job with handling everyone. She was pulled in all directions but kept her composure and handled it like a champ. I defiantly recommend her.

Mackenzie · Married on 05/29/2015

Austin Event Studio helped my husband and I have the wedding of our dreams. The service was friendly and helpful, everything was completed with immaculate detail, and she understood exactly what we wanted on our big day. She is very professional and flexible. She was completely flexible when the weather decided to clear up and we were able to have our ceremony outside, which we decided the day of. She was the best wedding planner we could ever have asked for, and our wedding day would not have happened without her.

Barbara was my day of coordinator for my wedding. Her services were amazing! We had an initial meeting in which she asked me multiple critical questions that I had yet to realize we're very important for my big day. She was there for the rehearsal and helped foresee minor potential issues, as well as problem solve with brilliant solutions. My wedding ran very smoothly, and if there were any problems, I was completely unaware because Barbara handled it! She helped with the set up, and packed up everything afterwards. She was kind enough to meet my husband and I the day after our wedding (which was Mother's Day) with a car full of our belongings (gifts, wedding decor/favors, and alcohol). She was extremely affordable, in fact I think she should charge more! I highly recommend her for any event!