Astoria Banquets and Events Reviews

Astoria Banquets and Events 5
  • Kim

Kim Eagan · Getting married on 11/06/2020

Easy and no hastle

The owners were awesome! They made us feel comfortable and when I had reservations about reserving they stopped and we talked it out. They gave my fiancé and myself time to talk privately and didn’t push us into everything! I know my wedding is gonna be worry free with them! They even gave me a “what to expect” packet and a timeline.

Sent on 11/20/2019
  • Charlene

Charlene Bailey · Married on 11/06/2019

Very happy mother of the groom

On 8/19/18 my son’s wedding was held here. It was beautiful. They decorated the ballroom so elegantly it was breathe taking. Everyone enjoyed themselves. They anticipate my son and daughter-in-law every need. After the ceremony we had hors d’oeuvres which were scrumptious. Everyone loved their meatballs (beef), fruit and cheese on a kabob, cheese quesadilla, etc. the servers kept them coming. Guests loved the individual table self serve menu. Steak, potatoes, Mac and cheese, chicken marsala with mushrooms, salad, soup. Overall Astoria help make my kids day very special. I will use them again and highly recommend them.

Sent on 10/25/2018

Nicole Juswick · Married on 09/20/2019

Absolutely Amazing

Where do I even begin...Astoria was absolutely amazing! We got married on 9/20/19 at Astoria and it was everything we could’ve hoped for from our Ceremony to the very end. The decor is so incredibly beautiful! The entire process was so simple and stress free even with all our questions because we had no idea, Max was so easy to ge tin contact with and helpful. Him and his staff were wonderful and they covered everything. Food was also great! If your looking for a all inclusive wedding venue this is the place!! Thank you Astoria for helping make our dream wedding come true we are forever grateful!

❤️ Mr. & Mrs. Porter

Astoria Banquets and Events 6
    Astoria Banquets and Events 7
    Sent on 09/25/2019

Pia Vida · Married on 07/26/2019

Amazing Venue

The price for the venue will not break your bank but still provided us exceptional service on our wedding day! Max is great and very helpful and always there to communicate and responds promptly! Laura also assisted us and very accommodating. The staff were very nice. Parking is not a problem. They also have a patio area where we set up an outside vendor for an ice cream cart. Their prices are very reasonable since they decorate the place very well and we were satisfied. They were very flexible with all the requests that we had for our big day! Thank you for making it all happen!

Sent on 09/24/2019
  • Eric

Eric Powell · Married on 05/26/2019

Awe inspring

This is the Best One Stop Shop, They accommodated each vendor with much respect. All of our guests raved about the decor. and the price point is excellent for the everyday couple

Sent on 12/05/2019
  • Lisa

Lisa · Married on 05/04/2019

Our big day!

Our wedding was so beautiful thanks to Max and their staff that helped us all the way through! If I could I'd give them more than 5 stars!

Sent on 10/03/2019
  • Linda

Linda · Married on 09/22/2018

There arent enough words to describe how amazing Astoria and all their staff were on our wedding September 22, 2018. They made our wedding day all we ever wished for. They were so caring, professional, helpful, kind overall wonderful. From beginning to the end we didnt encounter any problems and they worked so well. The managment was great throughout all the planning and the waiter's, bartenders all staff the day off were all we could ever ask for. The food was great and our guest still compliments us about it. That day i didnt have to worry about anything at all the staff worked so well with my coordinator and they knew exactly what to do. Not to mention how beautiful everything turned out the place is beautiful but once i walked in the day of and saw everything set up i couldnt believe how beautiful it all was. I will never forget every moment of this very special day and everyone at Astoria because they made it an unforgettable night for us. Thank you so much for being so wonderful!!♡

Astoria Banquets and Events 8
    Astoria Banquets and Events 9
    Astoria Banquets and Events 10
    Astoria Banquets and Events 11
    Sent on 10/03/2018

Jasmine · Married on 08/27/2018

My wedding was 8/27/18 I looked at many venues and was stressing out! I set an appointment to view Astoria and when me and my husband walked in we instantly fell in love! Then when we started talking about prices and what came with we were sold. The venue looked so magical I felt like I was one of Disney’s princess. I wish I can go and do it all over again exactly the same way. The staff was great especially with me calling a thousand times asking questions like us brides do, they never got frustrated with me. Thanks Astoria team for making my special day extra special

Astoria Banquets and Events 12
    Sent on 10/04/2018

Kiran · Married on 08/04/2018

Best venue ever!!

Astoria is the absolute best!! We loved having our wedding there. From start to finish, everything was amazing. We worked with Lora all throughout wedding planning. She made us feel at ease during such a stressful time. On the day of our wedding, we knew that the decorations would look beautiful but it was even better than we had imagined it to be. Lora helped make our vision come true and we loved every bit of it. As for the food and drinks, it was all fabulous. We chose the option to provide our guests with a choice of chicken, steak or fish. All of our guests talked about how delicious our food was especially the filet. We had the opportunity to do a tasting and got to try all three options beforehand. The service was also amazing. The food was brought out in a timely manner. The drinks were very well made. Max was our coordinator on the day of the wedding and he was wonderful. We had the best time ever and would recommend Astoria to anyone!!!

Sent on 10/25/2018

Siara & Samuel · Married on 04/15/2018

Everyone loves the venue and service. I venue was extremely affordable yet elegant! Everything was gorgeous! They were so understanding!

Astoria Banquets and Events 13
    Sent on 05/06/2018

Angela · Married on 03/09/2018

My wedding was perfect till this day I’m getting comments about the venue food and how amazing Everything went.

Sent on 03/22/2018

Shonquil · Married on 11/05/2017

After years befor knowing this is where I wanted to host my wedding, My husband and I had our wedding here on Sunday November 5th 2017 and it was everything we imagined it to be. Max is one of the owners of the event space and is absoutely amazing to work with. I being a very hands on bride sent countless emails and not once did Max not respond nor did he ever seem bothered by my multiple correspondent. The venue makes the planning process extremely easy to understand and every service they provide is absoutely top notch. The food is superb and nothing similar to the normal wedding food you have at other venues. The London broil and chicken champagne is absoutely mouth watering and my family is still raving on how delicious the food was. Depending on your budget you can design this venue to be transformed into whatever you imagine and I'm thankful to my husband for allowing us to push our budget because Max and his staff made my ideal of a "Royal Winter" wedding come to life. From the Crystal centerpieces, backdrop, and ceiling decor it was absoutely BREATHTAKING. The drinks, bartenders, and wait staff were great and very helpful and accommodating. The event space is extremely clean and it was wonderful having the event space private for just my wedding. Do not skip on having your event or at least a discussion of possibilities with Max and the Astoria team it is defintely the best place to host your wedding or event. We have no regrest, our event was ABSOUTELY AMAZING. THANKS AGAIN MAX!

Astoria Banquets and Events 14
    Astoria Banquets and Events 15
    Astoria Banquets and Events 16
    Sent on 11/26/2017
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 10/28/2017

Gorgeous Wedding Venue

Everything about Astoria is absolutely wonderful. From the moment we set foot in Astoria, we instantly knew that this is the place that we wanted to get married in. We wanted an elegant and beautiful ballroom wedding that served a family style dinner. Astoria did not disappoint. We booked our wedding date, 9/21/19, less than two weeks after our first visit back in January 2018.
    The owners, Lora and Max were so accommodating with our questions and requests throughout the entire wedding planning process. They helped ease our stress about little details, allowed us to bring in our bins of supplies a few days before the wedding, and even set up all of our decorations,favors, place cards,etc.
    Our wedding turned out better than we could have imagined! Our guests loved the passed appetizers during cocktail hour, loved the drinks, and raved about the dinner! Our DJ told us, our wedding will be one that our friends and family will talk about for years to come because it was absolutely perfect! We even had a number of our guests say that they never have been to a more beautiful, elegant, and organized wedding than ours!
    Thank you again Lora and Max for all of your help during the wedding planning process! We couldn't have had our dream wedding without you!

Sent on 10/15/2019

Ahleiah · Married on 10/21/2017

Astoria was Amazing!!! I don't know how else to describe them! I only had two banquets in mind when planning my wedding. I went to them first and stuck with them. Lora and Max are amazing and they are so accommodating! I am an anxious person and a bit of a control freak, so I called them and they always reassured me that everything would be okay. I not only had my reception there, but I had my bridal shower there as well! I intend to have a baby shower there when the time comes! The food was delicious and so was the cake (at both of my events) People are still talking about how great everything tasted and how beautiful the banquet was. I truly could not have asked for a better shower and reception. A colleague of mine got engaged and I referred her to Astoria and SHE BOOKED IT! They are worth every penny. I can't wait to have another event there in the future.

Sent on 11/07/2017

Kristina · Married on 08/19/2017

Astoria Banquets and Max made our wedding absolutely perfect and unforgettable! We were very pleased with how flexible and accommodating Max was and how he went above and beyond to make sure that every little detail was perfect on our big day. We had an Armenian/American wedding and Max was able to adjust the menu to include a variety of Russian/Armenian and American dishes that everybody would enjoy!

The decor and the lighting was absolutely breathtaking and the food was delicious. All of our guests were blown away by everything the moment they arrived and even weeks after the wedding, we are still receiving compliments about the venue.

I HIGHLY recommend this venue and want to thank Max and his staff for making our day truly memorable!!!!

Sent on 09/07/2017

Astoria Banquets and Events's reply:

Kristina, thank you so much for this lovely review. I am so happy for you and Matt. It was a pleasure to help put all the details together. We were a little obsessed with the uplighting that day too:) Max

Christy · Married on 08/12/2017

The staff at Astoria was very friendly, professional, and accommodating! The facility itself is beautiful, and I would highly recommend it for your special event!

Sent on 09/10/2017

Jennifer · Married on 07/29/2017

Everything and everyone made it feel AMAZING how I wanted my wedding to be. All the changes and frustrations melted that day.

Astoria Banquets and Events 17
    Sent on 07/29/2018

Tammy · Married on 07/16/2017

I found Astoria Banquets through this site and couldn't be happier with our choice. From the first meeting with Lora, we knew we had found the right location for our wedding ceremony and reception. Weddings can be stressful, and Astoria's packages were all inclusive and gave us many choices to make it our day. They had something for everyone's budget. Also, the written guides and information they gave us for planning, made for literally a perfect day. If Lora wasn't available to answer our ongoing questions and calls, or those from our vendors such as the DJ, Max was right there to help. Lora was so patient and so helpful every step of the way..The day of our wedding our banquet captain was always right there..The room? When I stepped through the door to walk down the isle, it took my breath away, it was so beautiful..Same for the reception..My guests are still raving about everything..the beauty of the rooms, the delicious food, the wedding cake from their bakery, and the service from the staff. You will never be sorry you chose Astoria Banquets. I will always be grateful for their help with the perfect day.

Sent on 10/07/2017

Astoria Banquets and Events's reply:

Tammy! I am so happy for you and Paul! Thanks for sharing those very timely wedding pics. The W flag ones are soooo cute and the family pics are beautiful. So glad you have this day as a memory forever. L.

Nikea · Married on 06/11/2017

We had our wedding reception at Astoria in June of 2017. A night that culminated after we first met Lora and Max (the Proprietors) 10 months earlier. They were very professional, caring and understanding from the very first moment we walked into Astoria. Lora helped us with every detail of our reception and was also tremendously helpful with suggestions and recommendations.

One of the great things about booking our event at Astoria (among many others) was the fact that our wedding cake was included within the package. We had the opportunity to taste various cakes and custom design our own, from the Baking Institute, which turned out perfectly.
    We also, had the opportunity to choose our menu items, and taste the dinner and side dishes months before the event. The food was delicious for our tasting as it was for our wedding night.

The room was decorated beautifully and in perfect conjunction with our colors for the evening. Astoria has a myriad of ways to decorate the room with colors, Chandeliers, winding staircases, garden views, lighting and accessories that went beyond what we could have imagined. Since our wedding was a military affair, color schemes and patterns are hard to find. Astoria was able to accommodate us perfectly.

All of our guests enjoyed the food, the atmosphere, the beautiful surroundings and décor for photos and above all the professional and caring service that Astoria gave us. The wait staff and bartenders were very helpful and accommodating and went above and beyond what one would expect. They created for us an unforgettable night.

We cannot adequately encapsulate the great qualities of Astoria and its people in such a short review; needless to say, we give it 5 out of 5 stars in every aspect and highly recommend it. Astoria is the Hidden Gem in the North Cook/Lake County area.

Sent on 08/03/2017

Astoria Banquets and Events's reply:

Nikki, thank you for taking the time to write such a thoughtful review. Everything about your wedding day was so elegant and I loved planning it with you and George! Those garden photos are among my favorite!

Cynthia · Married on 02/26/2017

I first saw Astoria on Face book and immediately fell in love with their reasonable prices and the beautiful images from past weddings. We were very pleased with how flexible and accommodating everyone on the Astoria team was to all of our individual needs and details to make our Wedding Day the magical and special event that it was. All of our guests were so impressed and taken back by the beautiful and elegant style, decor, and ambiance that they created for our ceremony. The white draping package created an eniviornent that was warm, filled with love, and aligned it to our wedding vision/dream.Their servers and hostesesses were very professional and accommondating to the needs of our guest. Two of our guests indicated a food allergy on the day of the event and the chefs were able to accommodate a whole new entree for them on the spot. They had ample parking space for all of our guests, along with a great team of servers that accommodated to food/coat needs. We found that Astoria was a great venue to accommodate for our quick planning and fixed budget. Pricing was reasonable Thank you to Max and Lora for all of your help and to your patience with our millions of inquiries & emails.

Sent on 06/08/2017

We got married on a Friday night in Feb 2017 and very much enjoyed the entire experience. Max was great to work with, he was accommodating, he was available via phone nearly every time I called throughout the year and even if he wasn't, he got back to me within minutes. He never had to say no to any of our requests, he always found a way to make stuff work. Thanks Max!! Greg and Tia.

Sent on 04/01/2017

Julie · Married on 02/19/2017

The entire night and still weeks after, we are getting compliments from family and friends about the venue at Astoria, people keep asking how much we spent and think it's much more than we actually did. The VALUE is definitely in this venue! Lora was so amazing throughout the entire process with all my questions and changes! The venue is gorgeous, the food amazing, everything went even better than planned. We began our night upstairs in the bride and groom suites, plenty of room to leave our personal belongings and get dressed in. We had our ceremony in the north end of the ballroom with the rest partitioned off, then a coctail hour with open bar and 3 passed hor dourves across the lobby in their lounge, a great space, with a patio just off of it that is lit up with strand lights and cast iron furniture. The bridal party took photos during this time in their beautifully decorated lobby and staircase that over looks lobby. We used the entire ballroom for our reception and took full advantage of Astoria's uplighting and backdrops that perfectly complimented their brilliant chandeliers. Astoria's wait staff were exemplary! It was so nice to be able to not have to worry about centerpieces, table linens, china, flatware, catering, lighting, backdrops, decor, seating, dance floors, coat check, wait staff, bar, or even the cake(that we picked out at The Baking Institute) and was included with all of the other things couples have to get together. I brought them a container the week of, of things they agreed to set up for me, that was helpful! They had an easy to follow payment plan(they accept Chase Quickpay) and the contract outlined all necessary schedule of events leading up to the day of. I highly recommend Astoria, no seriously, I could go on and on...Many thanks to Max, Lora, and the Astoria family for making our evening unforgettable. ~The Munnich's

Sent on 03/17/2017

kristen · Married on 01/07/2017

What can I NOT say to rave about my wedding at Astoria!!!! Everything was AMAZING and PERFECT from start to finish!!!! Max was great to work with and always very responsive in communication. He was accommodating in requests and because of that I never felt under stress like I hear a lot of brides talk about. Astoria takes care of basically everything for you besides your DJ and photographer. The day before the wedding, I dropped off a few extra decorations that I was hoping to have scattered around the venue and Max said he would have the banquet staff take care of making sure it was set up the next day. The wedding day was perfect with absolutely no hiccups. Every bit of the day went on schedule, staff was wonderful and it was just beautiful!!! We couldn't have asked for a better evening and all of our guests had an excellent time. The food was delicious, especially when you think of how some wedding food can be so over priced yet taste like cardboard. The bar package is so affordable for top shelf, cake that is included in the package price(you get to go to the bakery and pick you flavors and design) was delicious and the bridal suite was and added bonus to get ready in. You can even choose from a great selection of centerpieces- one less stress to worry about! What a great Day!!!

Sent on 01/25/2017

Carrie · Married on 12/02/2016

Words can't express the way we feel about Astoria. If I had to choose the best way to describe Astoria, it would be old hollywood charm with a touch of glamorous. This venue is fabulous. From the owners Max and Laura, to the managers, staff, and the food! This is a venue we will actually miss because we felt at home here. The staff was excellent and treated us like family. Laura was beyond helpful in making final decisions. We hope to attend a wedding here one day just to revisit. Astoria, you will be missed !

Sent on 12/07/2016
  • Rebecca

Rebecca · Married on 11/11/2016

I still can't believe how perfect this venue turned out to be! Astoria was perfect, and gorgeous!! Max was always so friendly and accommodating. It made planning a breeze. The exterior was the only thing that made me hesitate at first but after our wedding I got such great feedback. (Plus the food was great!! It was actually even a lot better than the tasting!) The only thing I would recommend is having 2 bartenders during cocktail hour. The line was out the door for most of our time and I personally was receiving complaints and had to ask multiple times to get some service in the bar area. Most people only got 1 drink, we did nt have any heavy drinkers in our crowd so I am not sure what was the issue.
    Overall, thank you Astoria for hosting us on our special day.

Sent on 02/08/2017