Ashley Steffens Photography Reviews

45 Reviews for Ashley Steffens Photography

• Leigh

Leigh Kanoy · Getting married on 04/09/2021

Ashley was amazing!

My fiance and I hired Ashley to shoot our wedding photos and she was absolutely fantastic! She met with me a few weeks prior to go through the schedule, list of photos we wanted to be sure we had which was super helpful and saved a lot of time day of. She made my husband and I feel so comfortable on the day of, gave great direction of how to stand, where to put our hands, etc. She also did a great job of checking in with us to ask us how we were doing and was so warm and friendly. We recently got our pictures back and they are stunning! I am so so thankful she was our photographer and would absolutely hire her again.

Sent on 10/08/2019
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 09/14/2019

Very satisfied

Ashley did our Engagement session and is doing our wedding next month. We just received our sneak peak from our engagement session and I am speechless. Not to mention how quick she got the photos back to us!! She is so amazing at what she does, and we are so happy we chose her for our wedding. She was great at directing us (so we didn't look awkward) I love every single picture she took. I Highly recommend her!!!!!

Sent on 08/14/2019

Kelsey Zakutney · Married on 07/06/2019

Breathtaking Photos

Ashley did our engagement and our wedding photos. I absolutely loved the pictures, and she was so easy to get along with during our sessions. I looked for someone who would capture a moment rather than create a moment. She has an eye for finding the little details that make your day so special. You will not be disappointed when you book Ashley for your event .

Sent on 08/12/2019
  • Katie

Katie Lank · Married on 02/11/2019

Wonderful!! Do it.

Ashley and her team are so professional, while still being creative and relaxed throughout. Our engagement session and wedding photos (even just the sneak peeks!) have generated so many compliments. The style, light, movement, and feelings they capture are truly special. We felt completely at ease with Ashley and her team as they coached us and our family & friends - you can trust that they'll make sure they get every shot you've requested, and anticipate the ones you don't even know you need! Super personable, responsible, and communicative - book them, you'll be so glad you did!!

Sent on 11/06/2019
  • notoriousbec

Rebecca · Married on 11/10/2018

I found Ashley through a wedding website and fell in love with her work immediately. After my fiance and I met with her, I knew she would be the perfect person to capture our special day. She's personable, responsive, respected our vision and loves what she does! We've already had our engagement photos taken (climbing a mountain in the freezing cold mist I might add- she's a trooper!) and our sneak peaks came out better than I could have ever imagined. We've received SO many compliments on our photos and I absolutely cannot wait to see what our wedding pictures will look like next year!

Sent on 11/15/2017

Julie · Married on 11/03/2018

I can't recommend Ashley enough!

Ashley photographed our wedding and engagement session, and I could not be happier with the photos! Her photography style is absolutely gorgeous, and she is great at capturing candid moments. Ashley provided guidance during the sessions and helped keep us on a schedule throughout the evening. While searching for vendors, I was most concerned about finding a great photographer since the photos are the only thing from our wedding that we are able to keep forever, and Ashley completely exceeded our expectations. I can't recommend her enough!

Sent on 11/18/2018

Alan · Married on 10/20/2018

We were so lucky to have Ashley photograph our family last July! It was obvious from the day we first reviewed her portfolio that she did incredible work. When we received our photos a couple months back we were blown away at how stunningly beautiful they were. They captured not only the physical beauty of the day, but she truly took the feeling & atmosphere of the day & brought it to life in our photos. Ashley was great to work with; so laid back & friendly, yet always professional and on top of everything. She will definitely be hired for my wedding pictures! Highly recommended!!

Sent on 11/21/2016

Mary · Married on 10/13/2018

Ashley did a photoshoot for us in Chicago. My boyfriend and I had some very particular locations where we wanted photos, and Ashley did an incredible job of capturing us in the city we love, doing what we love to do! She also had wonderful suggestions for photos we never considered -- she is professional, talented, creative, and sweet. Most importantly, Ashley will work with you until she knows she has captured exactly what you're looking for; for us, that was a love for our family and for our city. She nailed it. Our sneak peek came the next day, and the quality is remarkable! Our family and friends are in love with our photos, and so are we. We will always contact Ashley to preserve our family's memories. Highly recommend.

Sent on 11/21/2016

Derek · Married on 09/29/2018

Ashley was an absolute joy to work with from start to finish! She was on time, professional, and above all very good at what she does. Her eye for good pictures, lighting, background and ability to "work" the crowd is fantastic. She brings out the best in everyone she photographs. I would reccomend her to anyone, with complete confidence!

Sent on 10/11/2018

Lauren · Married on 09/01/2018

Ashley photographed my wedding on September 1st, along with my engagement photos, and I could not be more thrilled with how the photos turned out! Her photography style is absolutely gorgeous, and she is great at capturing moments naturally- nothing overly posed. I was worried about looking awkward in photos, but Ashley provides tons of guidance during the sessions and makes it easy. She is also super responsible and helped keep us on a schedule throughout the night. All of our vendors were amazing, but choosing Ashley for our photographer was the best choice! The photos are the only thing from our wedding that we are able to keep forever, and these photos are seriously stunning and capture our emotions perfectly.

Sent on 09/12/2018

Austin · Married on 09/01/2018

From the engagement shoot to the day of the wedding, Ashley was such a pleasure to work with. Going into the engagement shoot we felt a little awkward, but Ashley was so friendly and reassuring that we quickly warmed up and ended up with some fantastic photos. And for all the hours that Ashley and her assistant were with us on the wedding day, they were pleasant and professional. They did an excellent job scoping out the venue for places that would make good picture settings, as well as directing us on what to do to get just the right shot. And in addition to all that, they both asked us countless times what else we would like them to capture for us (e.g. group shots with different people) so that we wouldn't feel like anything was missed. We have not yet received the full batch of photos from the day of, but judging by the samples she sent us the day after the wedding, they are going to be stunning. All in all, phenomenal work!

Sent on 09/16/2018

Taylor · Married on 08/04/2018

I found Ashley after searching all over social media for months for the perfect photographer for our wedding. I met with her and absolutely loved her personality and her work. I could not be happier with the choice we made! She was so easy to work with and was ready waiting on us at the venue in the midst of all the chaos! She made it fun and comfortable in front of her for the photos and was all in all amazing! On top of all that she had our sneak peeks to us the day after!!! The photos are even more perfect than I could have imagined. She is incredible at what she does and if you are thinking about booking with her I definitely encourage you to do so! Also, her second shooter was just as fun and awesome and even danced with us! I couldn’t be any happier. Total perfection

Sent on 08/05/2018

Alycia · Married on 06/09/2018

We recently got our engagement photos done with Ashley in Asheville, NC. Since we live in Maryland, we assumed logistics would be difficult. With Ashley, everything was extremely accomdating. We described the type of photos we were seeking and she did the foot work to find the most perfect backgrounds for us. The photos are beautiful and she really seemed to capture the love we have for one another in each and every picture. You would think taking photos is quite awkward but she made us feel super comfortable and confident we looked great the entire session. Thanks for making our adventure session a great experience and we can't wait for the wedding to get here so we can get some more amazing pics! Thanks again Ashley!

Sent on 10/23/2017

Torrance · Married on 06/09/2018

I can't say enough about how awesome Ashley was during our recent engagement shoot! Before the shoot, I was nervous about being awkward or overly-posed looking but Ashley quickly put us at ease and was able to capture us simply being us. She took us to several beautiful locations and kept us laughing and comfortable the entire time. She was even patient enough to get some incredible shots of us with our high-energy dog! The shoot was so much more fun than I anticipated and now I can't wait to have Ashley at our wedding. I am completely blown away by the lighting and framing of her photographs and couldn't be happier with the final products!

Sent on 10/26/2017

Katy · Married on 06/09/2018

Ashley was such an awesome photographer. She was there on time waiting on us. We actually got lost and were late, but she stayed later to make sure she captured our special day. She was very sweet and professional. She said she would have a sneak peek within 5 days and she delivered it as she said she would. Her work is absolutely amazing and breathtaking how she captures not only you but the nature around you. I highly recommend her!

Sent on 06/17/2018
  • W

Whitney · Married on 06/09/2018

We used Ashley to capture the first moments with our daughter and family and she did an incredible job! She was so easy to communicate with in the planning and scheduling process and on the day of the photo shoot, she arrived on time and was full of positive energy, made everyone feel comfortable, and was great in helping us with poses that made for outstanding finished photos. She was quick in sending us a few sneak peek photos too that we sent out to friends and family! I would recommend her again and again. Book her for anything you can!!

Sent on 08/22/2018

Peter · Married on 05/12/2018

Ashley was wonderful to work with! The day before our ceremony we decided to change locations because of weather, and she was more than accommodating! So far our sneak peek pictures were beautiful and we can't wait to see the rest of the pictures!

Sent on 05/16/2018

Ashley · Married on 05/05/2018

I met Ashley at a bridal show in Concord, NC. Working with her throughout our engagement and wedding has been an incredible experience. She is great at giving direction for photos and finding the best, most beautiful places no one else would think of for pictures! Not to mention, Ashley's images are absolutely stunning, we love them, and our family and friends can't stop talking about them. Brad and I are so thankful we found Ashley to be our engagement and wedding photographer! Thank you, Ashley!

Sent on 05/19/2018

Kayla · Married on 12/20/2017

While planning a wedding that was only going to consist of our parents and a couple of friends, my husband and I knew we wanted to have a great photographer to capture all the sweet memories that we could share with others. When I was looking for a photographer for my elopement, I was given a few different names for those that worked in that area. When I looked each up I immediately fell in love with Ashley’s style. Her pictures I saw were GORGEOUS and unique. I knew I had to have her for my special day. She made everything so easy and communication was a breeze while booking and discussing what details were important to me. Even though I wasn’t going to meet her until the day we all got up to the venue, I knew my pictures were going to turn out stunning! Ashley’s personality is so bubbly and she is such a go-getter for amazing pictures. We did several different shots with different backgrounds in the time we had allotted and they were so creative. I had previews of some of my edited photos the next day and I cried because they were THAT GOOD! She captured amazing shots that I didn’t even know she was taking. I could not have chosen a better person to capture such a special day and the look me and my husband were going for. Her work is amazing, trust me!

Abbie · Married on 11/24/2017

Ashley Steffens is one of the most talented and genuine people I’ve had the privilege of meeting. The passion she has for her work is refreshing and inspiring. We are not the most outgoing pda couple, but she had this special way to making us feel so at ease and comfortable. Ashley is a dream to work with she’s responsive and her genuine care for her work put us at ease. We could not imagine our elopement with out her. Our wedding was a perfect dream and she artfully and beautifully captured the memories we will have for a life time.

Shelby · Married on 11/18/2017

Where do I even begin?! Ashley is simply the best. She is so sweet and personal. Adam and I are both pretty awkward in front of the camera but she made us feel so comfortable! She took our engagement photos and our wedding photos and they are so beautiful. Her photos are so natural and that was why I picked Ashley in the first place! Even though our wedding day was a little hectic she got all the pictures We wanted! She is easy to talk to and work with. If you are needing wedding or engagement photos done Ashley is your go to girl!

Sent on 11/26/2017
  • F

Fiona · event on: 11/15/2017

Was amazing to work with. Super professional, but made me feel comfortable! We were able to get a bunch of sets in and the photo look to die for ! 20/10 would recommend!!

Sent on 11/22/2017

Ashley Steffens Photography's reply:

Thank you so much girl! You're the best ;)

CRAIG · Married on 11/04/2017

My wife and I decided to have a small fall ceremony (less than 20 people attended). Given that all of our family and friends wouldn’t be there to celebrate on our wedding day, we wanted to make sure we hired a talented photograph that would capture the essence of our day, so we could share moments with others at our much larger spring reception.

I stumbled upon Ashley’s page and saw how talented she was capturing elopements and weddings in natural settings. We decided to get married at Black Balsam Knob, and knew she would be the perfect photographer to capture the day. If you are looking for someone who can incorporate nature and beauty into your day, I would highly recommend Ashley. She really has an eye for incorporating any setting into her photography in a unique way. My wife and are so excited to share the photos she captured and the story of our day this spring.

Alex · Married on 11/03/2017

We were really excited to see how Ashley captured our wedding. It was really important to us that our wedding photographer captured the special emotions and moments of our day. Ashely was able to do this and more, and bring out the beauty of our surroundings of our ceremony and reception location. The photos are truly beautiful.

If you are looking for someone who can look ‘beyond the lense’ and make you and your partner, family, and friends feel at ease and comfortable being photographed on your day, I would definitely recommend Ashely. From the moment she arrived she was professional, organized and ready to react to any situation that arose.

At the end of the night, she felt more like a friend who was taking photos throughout the day than someone we hired to do so. We can’t thank her enough and are so excited to share our photos with family and friends for years to come.

Lisa · Married on 10/20/2017

Ashley did both our engagement photos and wedding day photos, and she did an excellent job!! Being a photographer myself, I was very picky about who to hire as our photographer. But when I came across Ashley's work, I was blown away by the look and feel of her photos. They really capture the essence of us as a couple and the way she uses natural light is perfect. I think one of the things that stuck out the most about her photos was that they did not have that typical wedding stock photo look that a lot of wedding photographers have. Her photos are more organic and warm and have more character to them, which is what drew me to picking her as our photographer. Thank you so much for capturing our wedding day beautifully!

Sent on 10/30/2017