Ashley Douglass Events | Planning | Design Reviews

16 | Greenwich, CT

16 Reviews for Ashley Douglass Events | Planning | Design

• Q

Qian · Married on 05/31/2018

Ashley is the most professional in her service while being super warm and flexible.

Sent on 08/17/2018

Sara · Married on 05/19/2018

I cannot describe in enough details how fantastic Ashley was. She handled us, our families and our vendors with excellent care and diligence. She greatly helped us select our venue which, in the end, was our own home. She planned perfectly every detail: flowers, venue, cake, place settings, etc. But the most wonderful part was that Ashley was an absolute delight to work with. We are a pretty private family and Ashley was sensitive to this, making our small wedding at home with family and friends a moment in time we will not forget. When we expressed that we did not want much social media surrounding our wedding she was more than happy to accommodate this request. She is super kind and friendly, which made us feel like we had a friend by our side rather than a wedding planner. Ashley took the time to get to know us individually and as a couple, and made sure our needs were put first during planning and the day of our wedding. There are far more ways of thinking about details, and far more details to consider overall, than I expected. Ashley’s involvement really did elevate our wedding. Thank you for easing our minds, relieving our stress and putting such loving detail into every part of our wedding. We would strongly recommend working with Ashley and her team for your wedding or any event with a million moving parts.

Sent on 08/16/2018

Ashley Douglass Events | Planning | Design's reply:

Thank you so much for writing this thoughtful review, which only speaks to who you are. You and your family were wonderful to work with. Thank you for bringing us aboard your special day and time in your lives. Your wedding was so charming, personable and sweet. Wishing you the very best with everything and your new home! XO Ashley Douglass + Team

Catherine · Married on 10/14/2017

From the first phone call I knew that Ashley was the one we wanted to usher us through the wedding planning process. Ashley more than deserves 5 stars for she and her team gave our daughter and her now husband a magical 5 star wedding. Ashley was with us from the beginning of the planning process and we are thrilled she was. For Ashley always with a smile, calmly and methodically lead us through the planning process. We could not have been happier and our guests are still, 5 months later raving about what a beautiful, elegant wedding; one filled with happiness and joy it was.
    So to Ashley and her team a big THANK YOU!

Sent on 03/17/2018

Ashley Douglass Events | Planning | Design's reply:

Thank you SO much for the care and time to write this online. So appreciative! It was a fabulous wedding - we and all the vendors were super happy with how it all blended together and also flowed from each area to the next.

Thank you again for bringing us aboard. It was a lot of fun and super satisfying to be included in all the planning and festivities!

Heather · Married on 06/30/2017

It's hard to put into words exactly how wonderful it was having Ashley and her team as a part of our day - but more importantly, the planning for months leading up to it. I am a Wall Street working bride that wanted the fairy tale with none of the work... There are so many details that I forgot that she did -- flawlessly. But that's not the best part - for sure, no matter what you do - stuff will go wrong, and that's where she kicks into overdrive. My day's "flaws" included a sick bride (me); an all kids bridal party; the wedding band in the car accident; me (the sick bride) being very very late, and a storm that threatened pictures after the wedding. The reason I list them is that I didn't realize any of them were going on, because Ashley picked up the reins and steered me through the day. I'm a stress ball normally, and I was blissfully unaware of all of these items.... and honestly, in the biggest (most expensive) day of your life, isn't that what all brides want .... a picture perfect day with the man of your dreams.... surrounded by friends and family that also have no idea that anything is going on other than the BEST WEDDING DAY EVER..... the only problem I found with hiring Ashley was the day ending... you will inevitably cry when you say goodbye because she will now be your family forever. Just have to think of a reason to have another party now...... hmmmmmm.....

Sent on 08/16/2017

Ashley Douglass Events | Planning | Design's reply:

Thank you SO much for taking time to write this in the midst of your super busy (and fabulous) life! Thank you too for being so giving and of such good cheer. We are all SO happy for you. The happiness that the two of you share and felt that day was and is still completely contagious. You were so happy to be getting married and the culmination of the wedding day was like a dream. You deserve every once of happiness that life brings you and then some.
    We can't wait to see what the rest of your exciting journey brings.
    Thankful we were a part of one of the biggest moments along the journey to fabulous!
    We will meet again! XOXOXOXOX
    Ashley, Julia and Page :-)

Anita · Married on 06/10/2017

Ashley and her team are amazing! Would I use them again, without a doubt! When all guests rave, ‘best wedding ever, can we do this again’ and bride and groom thrilled, was a job well done. Ashley works tirelessly from day one to the last pack up. We had a three day affair and she and her crew were wonderful. Amazing they accomplished what they did without being conspicuous! Mother of bride

Sent on 03/13/2018

Jules · Married on 05/27/2017

Ashley and her team were fantastic top to bottom. We would recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 08/05/2017

Ashley Douglass Events | Planning | Design's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to write this review! Thank you for being all around awesome and fun to boot. You're a great couple. Wishing you decades of happiness! (And hopefully a less demanding job. I just had to). XOXOXOX Ashley with Julia and Page

- Unmatched attention to detail
    - Impeccable communication between vendors
    - Exceptional time management
    Thank you for working with us and making our day seamless and unforgettable!

Sent on 06/22/2016

Ashley Douglass Events | Planning | Design's reply:

Thank you guys so much for taking the time to review us! Your review is so kind and direct, and I appreciate it so very much. While your review is private I am pretty sure I know who you are! Your wedding was awesome! Have a wonderful rest of your summer! xo Ashley D.

Lucy · Married on 05/14/2016

As the mother of the bride, I couldn’t recommend Ashley more highly. In fact, she was the best thing that happened to my daughter, her fiancé, and me from the moment they got engaged to their wedding 14 months later in New York City. First of all, she is a delight to be with – warm, calm, patient, unflappable, and able to help us find humor in some of the inevitable glitches that occurred along the way (then she immediately went ahead and fixed them).

She was extraordinarily competent -- great at figuring out the “feel” of what we were looking for – whether flowers, food, music, stationery, photography, venues etc – and then coming up with the perfect fit in vendors and locations. Her working relationship with all of them was seamless – and the results were perfect. If there were any problems along the way we didn’t hear about it – she ran interference on everything. She was creative in her suggestions and solutions without us ever feeling she was imposing her sensibility over ours.

She was also both deft and empathetic in handling all the human complications that can accompany wedding planning these days. She helped us all successfully navigate the occasional tensions that spring up inevitably between mother and daughter, and the bride and groom. Though this was a wedding that involved divorced and remarried parents, with Ashley’s help that remained a non-issue.

And she was tireless and endlessly generous with her time, counsel and good cheer. To call her a dynamo is an under-statement -- good things come in small packages and Ashley is the best. Thanks to her superb work I can honestly say that the wedding was one of the happiest nights of all of our lives and I will always be so grateful!

Sent on 10/12/2016

Ashley Douglass Events | Planning | Design's reply:

Wow! Thank you so very much for taking the time to write this review and making it so chuck full of every wonderful thing possible. You have made my day and then some and then some. Thank YOU for calling me, hiring me and for being all around wonderful you! I had a blast and would gladly do it all again! XO

Cat · Married on 05/14/2016

Ashley Douglass is, without exception, everything I could have asked for in a wedding planner—in fact, she was everything I could have asked for in a wedding planner in both anticipated and unanticipated ways.

From the very beginning, Ashley was fabulous on all fronts. She has such a freshness about her, and my mom and I felt an immediate connection with Ashley. She radiates warmth, she is funny, and she is a delight to be around, but make no mistake she is a drill sergeant when it comes to execution. She kept all trains moving on time, and unlike many brides I was more lax about planning since so much of my strategic and logistical energy is devoted to my job, and my personal life tends to take a backseat.

Her taste level is immaculate. When talking about our vision for the wedding, Ashley presented us with such an exquisite array of options—from lighting to flowers, and cutlery to music—that what we were able to pick from was more than I ever could have envisioned. She’s something of a human Pinterest board. Tell her what you’re looking for and she’ll curate a gorgeous, spectacular roundup of possibilities and vendors.

My wedding was a New York City event with 200 + people, and Ashley moved so seamlessly between all the spinning plates that there truly was not one hitch. As a seasoned wedding attendee/bridesmaid, I know that is a rarity.

I have been told more than once—as have my parents—that it was the best wedding that had ever been to, and Ashley was the main ingredient in all of it. I couldn't recommend her highly enough, and any bride and her family would in turn be lucky to have her on board.

Sent on 10/18/2016

Ashley Douglass Events | Planning | Design's reply:

Thank you so very much for taking the time to write this review and then some. It was such a pleasure to work on your wedding and a load of fun too! I would plan this all over again in a heart beat! Let's do a 1 year anniversary party please! Many thanks and cheers to you two! XO

Ashley was a GOD SEND!!!! The level of detail and effort she put into planning our wedding was way above and beyond and we honestly couldn't thank her enough. She was incredibly responsive and though of everything that wouldn't have even crossed my mind. The coordination she and her staff provided on the day of was extremely professional and they made sure that everything got done according to the schedule. It was so much less stressful not having to handle all of the planning and logistics and i would highly recommend her to anyone. She also has a great personality and was fun to work with!!

Sent on 09/23/2015

Ashley Douglass Events | Planning | Design's reply:

Thank you so much for the review and for being so fun! You guys had a great crowd and family, and the day of the wedding was a great time! Thank you for reaching out to us and we wish you the best with everything under the sun! XO

Samantha · Married on 06/06/2015

Not only is Ashley fun, down to earth and easy to work with, but her experience and professionalism is second to none. Ashley put together the perfect event for me and my new husband - she listened to what I (we...) said and then made it happen. I was so anxious and stressed (for NO reason...) the entire time and Ashley was an awesome sounding board; she just gets it. From the design of the tables to juggling my family's crazy dynamics, she did it all with grace and a calmness that I absolutely needed during the entire process. Ashley and her team are amazing... I could not have had a better experience :) THANK YOU ASHLEY! xo Mrs. Jentgen

Sent on 08/08/2015

Ashley Douglass Events | Planning | Design's reply:

Thank you so very much Samantha!!!!!! You were so much fun to work with! I love all the photos and the smiling faces especially! You guys are a great couple and I know life is going to be a fine adventure filled with lots of love and hopefully more dancing! :-) Ashley

Penelope · Married on 11/15/2014

Ashley was a true pleasure to work with. She was very thorough in every area, and the fact that she also possesses good taste, made it extremely comfortable to rely on her judgement when needed.
    I felt that her fees were extremely fair. She was very knowledgeable about vendors we would need, and had worked with many of them previously.
    We received lots and lots of raves about the event, and were extremely pleased ourselves with the outcome. I would highly recommend Ashley's event planning services to anyone without hesitation.

Sent on 11/25/2014

Ashley Douglass Events | Planning | Design's reply:

Thank you so much for your review! It was a blast! I had a great time working with you all! Have a wonderful holiday season! I am sure there will be lots to talk about around dining tables. :-) Ashley Douglass

Emily · Married on 11/15/2014

Ashley and her team were great! They were on top of everything! They were one step ahead of us the whole time and every time we would think of something they already had it covered! Ashley was in touch with us the whole time for anything we needed and would answer our emails and phone calls immediately. On our actual wedding day, everything went so smoothly and was perfect because they had everything in order and we didn't have to worry about a single thing! They did an amazing job and we couldn't be happier!

Sent on 11/28/2014

Ashley Douglass Events | Planning | Design's reply:

Thank you so much! We were all so happy with the way the weekend and special day turned out! Can't wait for photography! - Ashley Douglass

Working with Ashley was a delight! She was extremely detail oriented and help create a beautiful affair within my budget. My people commented that it was one of the most intimate and romantic events they had been to. Unfortunately, it was over all too soon... She is on speed-dial for future baby showers, anniversary's, and holiday parties.

Sent on 09/29/2013

Thank you so much!!! XO XO

Rachel · Married on 07/15/2017

After interviewing 7 planners and giving up hope, we found Ashley. A true life saver - from marriage license issues to having to buy a new wedding dress 10 days before my wedding, Ashley was there as a support and with answers. She is friendly, animated, truly interested in giving you the best day ever and she delivers. Her team is seamless. She listens to you and meets you where you are - but helps you make your image come to life. You will not be sorry to hire her. She listened to our budget and kept us in line ( very supportive of what we wanted to spend our money on) . She is amazing !!!!!

Sent on 08/05/2017

Ashley Douglass Events | Planning | Design's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us! Your wedding was incredibly stunning and we are so happy with how everything came together! We hope the big day reverberates for months to come and even years. Your ceremony was so special and unique, we can't wait to see that video! And of course see the photos! Wishing you every bit of happiness, with all of your dreams coming true! XOXOXO Ashley, Julia and Page

marissa · Married on 06/04/2016

I had a very long engagement, 22 months. I booked Ashley quite early in the process. I opted for full planning services even though I was a very hands on bride. She allowed me to be involved while guiding and coaching me through this entire experience. When I got ahead of myself on things, she assured me timing was on our side. When I sent detailed emails, at all hours, she always responded. I really appreciated this given my friend had a planner who rarely replied to emails! Ashley was warm and friendly but also forward and firm when she needed to be to get things done. She went above and beyond to assist in accommodating my grandma to attend the wedding who last minute required a wheelchair and nurse to accompany her - I didn't even know, she just handled it! She brings several staff with her on the day of the wedding and is organized. I was definitely detailed oriented and arguably difficult at times but she did a very good job managing it. When I pushed back on some things that weren't aligning with my vision she worked with me to make sure we had it right. I brought several of my vendors to her but she has a wide range of contacts and great professional relationships in the business that benefitted us greatly. She's very knowledgeable about this industry and the ins and outs of vendors, their timelines on deliveries, etc etc. Overall I definitely recommend Ashley Douglass Events for your event, it was definitely worth the investment and took such a layer of stress and pressure off of me! Thank you again Ashley!

Sent on 06/23/2016

Ashley Douglass Events | Planning | Design's reply:

Thank you so very much for your care, detail and time that you put into this review. I am so happy for you two, your day was beautiful and your wedding was a ton of fun! Your family so gracious too. I have never seen a dance floor so packed for so long with all different ages as well. I hope your summer of celebration continues! xo Ashley D.