Ashelynn Manor Reviews

93 | Magnolia, TX

93 Reviews for Ashelynn Manor

Stefanie · Married on 10/03/2009

3.0

Pretty expensive, but also very nice and elegant. It was more like a simple elegance. The staff are super nice, all the time. Everyone we've talked to that attended our wedding said that it went very smoothly and well. I also highly reccommend using Ms Emily Olson for hair and makeup, that will allow you to get to the manor a bit earlier and not worry about driving all over town to get stuff done. She does a wonderful job. I have hair down to my butt and she didnt hesitate at all about curling it up and making a beautiful updo. I tried to find other stylists in town, not so nice and willing to work with all my hair. Super!
    The food was excellent, and the staff was very nice and professional. The outside gazebo was our #1 choice but it rained, so we did it in the chapel, and it was still really amazing. Beautiful grounds!

Sent on 11/09/2009

Allison · Married on 04/12/2014

3.5

This venue was perfect and everything was perfect for my big day! Tessie was our coordinator for the day and conducted everything with the upmost amount of professionalism and checked on me every step of the way. Everything went so smooth and everything turned out beautiful and perfect which is all any bride can ask for! I would definitely recommend this venue for an elegant southern wedding and perfect pictures! I cannot express enough our perfect our day was!

Sent on 04/29/2014

3.0

This is a stunning venue with some wonderful perks. Their packages offer an on-sight hair and make-up salon room with Exquisite Reflections which is well worth it - no worrying about where to go or running late on wedding day and they do an outstanding job. What a pampering treat on our special day! The quality of food is exceptional offering a variety of packages and menus to choose from -- not just limited to barbecue, fajitas, or rather plain chicken dishes. We had a wine-themed wedding and they had not one, but TWO Italian dinners to select from! By far, their chapel is one of the most gorgeous of the Houston area venues and their grounds are just stunning. The Carriage House, where the reception is held, is absolutely beautiful even before your decorations go up. The Ashelynn Homestead looks like a Southern Plantation home straight out of a magazine or movie featuring an exquisite spiral staircase that's ripe with bridal portrait opportunities. We could not have selected a better, more gorgeous venue for our wedding and I highly recommend it. YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED IN THE LEAST. On wedding day, the staff was very friendly, accommodating, and helpful. Our wedding coordinator, Jackie, was super at both the rehearsal and wedding. One observations/suggestion.....the wedding is a set 4 hour time frame; ours was from 4:00 - 8:00 p.m. That is a little short - I would like to have had one more hour. A second suggestion is to have the cake table farther away from the wall as our coordinator ended up being in many cake-cutting photos with her back to us. Because of my daughter's work schedule, Sunday's being her only day off, she tried to schedule her bridal portraits on a Sunday when there were no other events at the venue. But since there were no events, they weren't officially "working" that day and consequently unable to accommodate her request to open the building for photos - in a customer service industry, this seemed a tad-bit inflexible.

Sent on 02/25/2014
  • Heather

Heather · Married on 05/18/2013

The ladies at Ashelynn Manor have weddings down to a science. They are prepared for everything. I heard a few complaints from bridesmaids and my new mother-in-law about their "attitude", but the ladies who complained have an attitude all of their own. Tessie was amazing! If I could do it all over again, I wouldn't change a thing at the venue!

Sent on 06/04/2013

Dear Heather,

We are so glad to hear you had a good day. We appreciate your positive feed back. I'm sorry if some of your party felt unhappy. It is never my intent to have anyone be unhappy.

Shannon · Married on 06/26/2010

I had a wonderful wedding at Ashelynn Manor. They were always so helpful and easy to work with. On the day of the wedding they took care of EVERYTHING. They made sure everything was perfect from start to finish. Great venue!!

Sent on 07/23/2010

Holly · Married on 03/25/2006

I thoroughly enjoyed my wedding at Ashelynn Manor. It was a gorgeous sight for a Spring wedding in Texas. I loved that the horses felt free to participate by creating a beautiful backdrop. I loved the reception hall and the comfort and space of getting ready for my big day in the upstairs bedrooms. Really an easy laid back, beautiful setting.

Sent on 12/26/2015

Ashelynn Manor's reply:

Thank you so much! It is our hope that everyone feels at ease when they are here. We are so glad you enjoyed your day!!!
  • cajimen

Carolyn · Married on 11/07/2009

I had my wedding at Ashelynn Manor recently and my wedding day was perfect. Tessie was very attentive and very professional. Everyone was very impressed with everything (ie. food, decor, setting, music, etc.). The only thing I did not like was that there were extra charges for house linens and shepherd hooks. For as much as we paid for the wedding, these items that Ashelynn Manor already owned, should have been offered with the package.

Sent on 12/03/2009

Megan · Married on 05/31/2013

3.0

We used Ashelynn Manor for our wedding at the end of May. Everyone was so nice there and so accommodating! They do have their rules about certain things, but that's just to keep the integrity of the buildings and keep people from doing things that could harm the buildings. I think they are a great value with a lot of things included. Any time I had a question, they answered my emails or phone calls promptly. The grounds and venue are the best part. Everything is just so beautiful, whether you are outside in the gazebo or inside in the chapel. The only thing I would suggest they do differently is make the huge columns with the greenery in the chapel an optional item. They said they can't be moved or removed, so we had to just work with it. But to be honest, once you get all of your beautiful flowers in there, nobody is paying attention to the ugly columns. The venue is a little hard to find, especially at night, so make sure you include maps or directions with invitations.

Even with the very small negatives, I would recommend this place to anyone. They really know how to throw a party.

Sent on 09/19/2013

Megan,

Thank you for your kind words about Ashelynn Manor! We really strive to make your day her at Ashelynn Manor a pleasant experience.

We have recently reviewed our policy on the Chapel's columns and we made the decision to change our policy on moving them. We now will move them out if a brides prefers that. We hope that will make all of our Brides feel accommodated!

jennifer · Married on 08/10/2007

3.5

we were married at ashelynn manor August 10, 2007.
    after a disaster at another venue i called them 4 months before our scheduled wedding date. they had nothing for the date we wanted but could fit us in the Friday night before, which turned out even better with honeymoon plans.
    they made us feel like we were the only couple/wedding party they had and called us back promptly every time. we went with a dj they recommended and were extremely pleased. I would recommend ashelynn manor to anyone who is getting married in Houston.

Sent on 10/12/2007

Stephanie · Married on 06/24/2007

3.5

The house is beautiful and the staff was very friendly, but we did have some hiccups with the ceremony. One of my grandparents didnt get seated with the grandparents and the music was off the whole ceremony, the wedding march didnt start until I was half-way down the aisle and the song i picked for our exit was late also. But other than those, the site made great pictures.

Sent on 11/19/2007

Carol Thompson · Getting married on 12/21/2019

Beautiful Venue

Beautiful venue. We are not having our reception here due to the restriction on food catering.

Sent on 06/24/2019

Devon · Married on 10/02/2009

3.5

This place is absolutely gorgeous! I fell in love with this place immediately. Everyone was very nice and helpful, but sometimes they were hard to get a hold of and responses to e-mails were slow or short to where I had to keep asking the question. The day of the wedding was perfect, I would recommend this place to my friends!

Sent on 10/21/2009
  • Rachael

Rachael · Married on 11/11/2007

Ashelynn Manor is a beautiful place to have a wedding! I had my ceremony and reception there. The reception area was huge and they provided some food and decorations. It was a pleasure to work with them and I would definantly recommend to other people.

Sent on 06/09/2008
  • bride2be0509

Jessica · Married on 06/13/2009

3.8
      3.0

Overall we had a beautiful ceremony. The planners were very helpful, and the Venue is gorgeous! The only thing I was upset by was that I did not get to have the pictures I wanted taken there because We were rushed out of the chapel because they had another wedding right hours after ours, and we were told that we would have plenty of time for pictures. that did not happen.

Sent on 06/15/2009

Amanda · Married on 10/20/2012

1.5
      3.5

Ashelynn Manor was beautiful, and I have no major complaints with how my wedding was handled over the course of our six month planning. The only real issue I have is with how our wedding coordinator was on the day of the wedding. That being rather absent. My mother was left doing a lot of the set up and almost all of the take down. She carried items from the chapel to the carriage house after being assured there would be staff there to take care of it. We also had significantly less guests than we had planned for, and they didn't bother to go make the reception area more cozy, although they certainly would have billed us for extra tables if we'd had more people. Also a small thing, but our names were supposed to be on the mirror, and they forgot and instead of just crediting us, they put them up while we were dancing, which was tacky and last minute. But the venue is beautiful, and maybe if you spring for a night time wedding they treat you nicer.

Sent on 12/11/2012

Ashlee · Married on 11/05/2005

2.8
      2.5

The only good things I have to say is that the place is beautiful. I think the staff was un friendly for the most part. They booked another bride to arrive minutes after I would be finished getting ready and were very rude to me about the whole situation. We stayed the night at the B&B there and watched as our sub par breakfast was removed from styrofoam containers and put onto plates. Very disapointed in that.

Sent on 05/12/2008

2.4
      0.0

This is a very very nice place to get married at. But they were not very flexible when it came to planning out my wedding. I felt like they wanted me to do it their way with little questions asked.

Sent on 12/27/2012

Samantha · Married on 04/17/2009

0.6
      1.0
      0.0

Absolutely awful! My dad properly compares them to a cattle shoot; they had 3 weddings the same weekend as mine and all they saw my wedding as was $$$. It seems everyone that works there is either a relative or long-time friend of the owners, I guess they see nepotism as another way to cut costs making professionalism is non-existant. They fired the DJ we chose but did not inform us of this or send us the new DJ's information (Tessie, the owner) asked if we had his info at our rehearsal 2 days before the wedding. When we asked why we had not been contacted Haley (I think she's their 'sales' girl who also could not tell us the difference between different items on the menus) told us that our file must have been OVERLOOKED! They also had 2 rehearsals held 3 hour before my wedding in the chapel which was already fully decorated for my wedding. The members of one wedding party were still visiting in the chapel when my wedding guests were arriving. We were always told that we needed to call back later or another day in order to have questions answered. It was as if there was no sense of urgency or even care in them. There are so many things that went wrong with them that it amazes me that we actually got through the day.
    The venue is beautiful and very charming; I just wish the staff would have been just as great.

Sent on 05/13/2009