ArtImage by Sam Chinigo Reviews

44 | Preston, CT

44 Reviews for ArtImage by Sam Chinigo

Kelly · Married on 07/05/2018

Sam was incredibly easy to work with. In general, his work is amazing. However, what we really found impressive is Sam's ability to jump into any given scenario, work with multiple personality types and how he was able to facilitate so many people in an effort to keep things moving in time to capture the best shots. You will not regret booking with Sam! We cannot wait to preview our photos but feel confident in leaving this review prior to doing so because we are so confident in Sam's abilities and experience. We witnessed it first hand! Thank you for everything, Sam!

karina · Married on 05/21/2017

Sam was wonderful at our Glen Manor House wedding this May! He had a great sense of humor, helped everyone get organized so i didn't have to, and the photos are fabulous!! He is very talented and knows how to capture all the right moments. We are so happy we chose Sam, it was perfect! Hi

Sent on 06/16/2017

ArtImage by Sam Chinigo's reply:

Thank You Karina!! I feel blessed to have been a part of it and truly appreciate your kind words.

Amy · Married on 03/18/2017

From the moment we started searching for all our wedding vendors, the photography component was our most important one. After the event has come and gone, one is left with photos that allow you to relive a feeling, a moment in time. How does one decide who to trust ? I needed the right person to capture this significant life event.
    Sam was brought to my attention through a recommendation from a friend. After reviewing his website and mission, I immediately hired him. In a time with an over abundance of wedding photographers, choosing someone can be quite overwhelming. Sam is not your run of the mill artist. Photography is his life, his PASSION. His creative vision is like no other I've encountered previously. This is clearly shown through his work. Besides the beautiful final items he delivered, Sam is so easy to work with. His fun spirit, witty nature, communication skills, and eagerness to please, made us so grateful we found him. Not to mention, his prices are reasonable and affordable, not outrageous like most. I realize these are all words from a stranger. So here are only a few examples of why he's amazing....
    -He arrived early and stayed late. No one asked him to. He did that on his own.
    -My guests LOVED his warm, friendly nature
    -He made me feel very comfortable and at ease
    -I sent him examples of photos I wanted to try and capture... he nailed them all!
    Bottom line... we couldn't be happier. Hire this man. You won't be disappointed. Thank you Sam.

Sent on 04/05/2017

ArtImage by Sam Chinigo's reply:

OMG...a review doesn't get much better than that girlfriend! Thank you SO much for allowing me to be a part of your day. We made the most out of the Ocean Cliff in winter!

Matt · Married on 03/18/2017

Sam isn't just a photographer, he's a story-teller with photos!
    He was very professional, gave easy direction and made sure we were able to enjoy our day without having to pull us away for pictures.
    I would definitely recommend!

Sent on 04/09/2017

ArtImage by Sam Chinigo's reply:

Thank you Matt! It was a pleasure getting to know you!

Valerie · Married on 11/12/2016

We chose Sam because multiple family members had used him as their wedding photographer with great results. Sam was very careful to make sure that he knew exactly what we wanted and what areas of the day that we wanted to focus the most on. He was able to capture the whole day perfectly without us even knowing that he was there most of the time. He photographed each guest having an amazing time without having to "stage" photos and interrupt conversations or dancing. Sam has a fantastic and creative eye and we were lucky to get to work with him. We are extremely happy with the end result and look forward to having these memories forever!

Sent on 12/15/2016

ArtImage by Sam Chinigo's reply:

Thank you so much Val! I truly appreciate your kind words. I'm the lucky one though!

Erica · Married on 10/07/2016

From the start of my wedding planning, photography was one area that was extremely important to me. I wasn't looking for the average wedding photographer, I was looking for someone who had a creative eye in photography and show stopping abilities. Once coming across Sam's work I knew I had found my match! From my first conversation with Sam, my mind was put at ease, he is extremely friendly and personable, very witty, relaxed and was open and flexible to all of my requests. He was very responsive to all of our communication up until our wedding day. He arrived early and stayed later than expected, trying to catch every perfect moment. Sam doesn't only capture moments, he captures emotions. Sam's work is artistic, unique and complete perfection! Sam is the best and I would recommend him to anyone! Thanks Sam!

Sent on 04/12/2017

ArtImage by Sam Chinigo's reply:

Erica! Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review. I truly appreciate your kind words, and am blessed to have been a small part of your special day. Hope you enjoy your photos for many, many years.

Sara · Married on 09/17/2016

We came upon Sam through a friends recommendation and could not have been happier. He is a gifted artist who photographed our wedding and all of the details exactly the way I had hoped. In addition to the traditional pictures you'd expect, he captured all the special moments I wanted but never would have thought of taking. He was quick with an initial response, easy to talk to leading up to our day and fun to work with. I would without hesitation recommend Sam Chinigo as a wedding photographer or for any event you would like to remember.

Sent on 10/31/2016

ArtImage by Sam Chinigo's reply:

Thank you Sara!!! That really means a lot to me. Thank you for allowing me to be part of your special day!

Jordan · Married on 09/10/2016

From the moment we met Sam, we knew he would be at our wedding. He is a true professional yet felt like a friend on our wedding day and made both of us feel very comfortable. When we received our photos we were in complete amazement at the true artist Sam really is. He captured our special day so perfectly and we would recommend him to anyone. Thank you Sam for capturing our special day! - Jordan and Aubri

Sent on 02/10/2017

ArtImage by Sam Chinigo's reply:

Jordan & Aubri! You guys rock! The best part of my job is meting people like yourselves. Thank you for trusting me with your wedding photos!

I honestly believe in 'you get what you pay for' especially with photography. Sure, he may not be the cheapest price around, but do you want to remember your special day with crap pictures? I didn't think so. Just take a look at the amount of awards he's won and you'll want to shoot an email his way! Incredibly nice guy, honest, and an absolute professional. Worth every penny. :)

Sam was a pleasure to work with. His talent of capturing moments with a more artistic flair is incredible. We found him through a friend who had used him for her wedding. He did our engagement and wedding photos. He made us feel so comfortable even when we felt awkward having our picture taken. His approach is much more natural and noninvasive which we loved. We felt he definitely captured the real us. We can't stop smiling every time we look at our pictures. He's a funny easygoing person to be around which also helped us be less nervous and more natural. He exudes excitement and love for what he does which comes across in his work.

Sam was exceptional to work with. He came highly recommended by a family friend and we love his "non cookie-cutter" style. He answered all of our questions over the phone before booking. We also met in person to look at locations for day of photos. On the day of, Sam photographed me getting ready and his assistant photographed my husband. He was very professional and made everything feel natural. He made everyone feel comfort and did not "force" photos. Sam has such a great eye for a fun style, but also allows suggestions. He knew photos were really important to me and captured so many amazing moments that will be framed in my house. It makes taking photos more enjoyable when your photographer is having fun with you. Sam even stayed until the end of our wedding because he said he was having so much fun watching our family and friends dancing. This was greatly appreciated since my husband and I were surprised with sparklers and Sam was there to catch the moment. Sam also is very quick to turn around photos. We got our online gallery in less than a month after our wedding. I would absolutely recommend Sam to anyone who wants fun, memorable, modern and stunning photos all along a delightful experience.

Nicole · Married on 10/12/2014

Sam is absolutely amazing!!!!! He captured every moment I wanted and more. I would recommend him to EVERYONE!!!!!!

Sent on 12/15/2014

ArtImage by Sam Chinigo's reply:

You rock Nicole! Thank you!!

Megan · Married on 09/13/2014

Sam was great - did exactly what we asked for. He was very quick to get back to us whenever we needed him or had questions! Would highly recommend him to others

Sent on 02/19/2015

Thank you Megan!

My husband and I had the pleasure of working with Sam beginning last year at our engagement session. His great sense of humor and creative flair made us feel very comfortable and at ease. This was the beginning of what has become a pleasant and professional working experience as well as a friendship with Sam. The quality of his work is amazing and he was quite reliable and easy to work with. He helped make our wedding experience even more magical and our family, friends and wedding party took a liking to Sam immediately. Overall, we were more than satisfied with Sam and would highly recommend him!

Working with Sam was great! He made everything so easy, and we had a great time even after our faces hurt from smiling so much. He answered all our questions quickly, and was easy to get in touch with. The pictures came out great, we have absoultly no complaints. I would definately recommend him to anyone in need of a photographer.

Sent on 10/23/2013

ArtImage by Sam Chinigo's reply:

Thank you Nicole! I really appreciate it..

KARA · Married on 08/24/2013

HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TRULY MAGNIFICENT!!!!!
    From the first day we met Sam Chinigo we knew he was the photographer for our big day. During our visit with Sam at a coffee shop we spent well over an hour just chatting about general topics along with his services which made us feel like we had a connection and knew him for years. His work is absolutely amazing and words can’t express his talent. From our engagement pictures to our wedding day we were very impressed with the final results. Not only is Sam amazing at what he does but he has a great personality and very professional to work with. The photographer was top on our list and we met with several but not one meet the quality of Sam's work. My husband and I are very greatfull for all Sam has provided for us and would highly recommend him to anyone. His work is truly one of a kind!

Sent on 09/30/2013

ArtImage by Sam Chinigo's reply:

Aww stop...now you're embarrassing me. Well..maybe just a little more. LOL Thank you so much Kara!! I feel blessed to have gotten to know you guys and be a part of your special day. I wish you all the best, Sam

Tiffany · Married on 07/19/2013

Sam captured the best moments of our wedding day! He was always available to answer any questions we had and was awesome to work with! He is down to earth and made us feel really comfotable. His photos are beautiful and he is an all around great person to work with. Can't wait to work with him again! Would highly recommend him!

Sent on 10/06/2013

ArtImage by Sam Chinigo's reply:

Thanks Tiff! I really appreciate the kind words!

laura · Married on 07/13/2013

I wanted to take a moment to acknowledge a meaningful act of compassion that should be considered when selecting a photographer for any personal occasion. I fell in love with Sam Chinigo’s artistic flair for wedding photography immediately and felt lucky beyond words that such an accomplished award-winning photographer had our wedding date available. I instantly booked the date and became excited talking over all the details with Sam; he’s personal, engaged and you can tell this is his passion, not just his means of employment. I couldn’t wait for our wedding and was excitedly planning the engagement photo shoot when I had to make the most difficult phone call I had ever made. I called Sam and barely squeaked out the words that my fiancé called off the wedding before dissolving into tears. Sam responded like a friend and not just a ‘wedding vendor’ offering condolences and support. He offered a warmth and humanity that wasn’t received when other vendors were contacted and even offered to work with me about the retainer. Sam’s work speaks for itself, but the compassion he demonstrated sets him apart from others. When it comes down to a momentous occasion such as one’s wedding, this matters; I cannot speak highly enough of Sam as a professional and as a person.

Sent on 08/01/2013

ArtImage by Sam Chinigo's reply:

Thank you Laura...I am so happy that you finally found the guy you were supposed to be with. As I said at the time...Everything happens for a reason and someday it'll all make sense..

Hope · Married on 10/28/2012

Sam did a fabulous job shooting our wedding day. He captured every moment and looking at his photos makes me completely relive the day! He takes absolutely stunning photographs that have amazed our family and friends.

Sent on 02/24/2013

ArtImage by Sam Chinigo's reply:

Thank you Hope!! It was such a wonderful day to be a part of!

Stacey · Married on 10/12/2012

Great photographer. We loved his personality and work!

Sent on 11/26/2012

Thanks Stacey!

Melissa · Married on 08/11/2012

Sam is a photography genius! And a bride's dream come true! He captured every moment, every detail, and every feeling of our wedding day. He was very thoughtful about what my "must have" shots were and he also knew to capture all the classics. My friends who got married before me regret that they chose a cheaper photographer. Brides, you get what you pay for and with Sam you will not be disappointed. You will be guaranteed to LOVE your wedding photos. Everytime I look through my wedding photos it brings tears to my eyes. I recommend him to all my family and friends so they can feel the joy I felt when I look through my wedding photos. His work speaks for itself and, I promise, you will be BEYOND satisfied if you chose to work with Sam.

Sent on 09/26/2012

ArtImage by Sam Chinigo's reply:

Wow! Now THAT'S a review! Thank you SO, SO much. I feel blessed to be a part of it. People like you are the reason I do what I do..

Kathy · Married on 07/28/2012

When I came upon Sam's website I knew he seemed like my kind of guy. He captured all the "little moments" that to me, mean the most for a wedding, or any special day. I just felt he really got what photography was all about. I couldn't stop scrolling through his website when my fiance finally said to give him a call. The rest is history. Sam was an absolute pleasure to work with. He was fun, witty and easy to talk to. Not to mention if we had any questions he was quick to respond and explained everything to us.
    On our day we had everything working against us(rain, dusk, having our ceremony inside when it was planned for outside) and his photography was even more than I expected. He went above and beyond to get amazing shots. It was perfect. He worked with our surroundings and and produced phenomenal photos. I love that I forever have his photos of our day and he captured who we are in every one. He's fantastic. I couldn't be happier and will ABSOLUTELY be calling him again for our church blessing of our rings, as well as any other major events that come our way in the future. He was fun, laid back and an absolute joy to work with. You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 08/28/2012

ArtImage by Sam Chinigo's reply:

Kathy!! You rock girlfriend!! Thank you so much for the kind words. I truly appreciate it!

Melissa · Married on 04/28/2012

Just by looking at Sam's work online I instantly knew he would be the photographer for our wedding. He was nothing but professional and a gem to work with. Needless to say our engagement pictures and wedding photos were breathtaking. When viewing our gallery for the first time online we were both in tears because, looking at our pictures made us feel like we were re-living our wedding all over again. He captured every emotion of our wedding and we are forever grateful.

Sent on 07/05/2012

ArtImage by Sam Chinigo's reply:

Hey Melissa! Thank you! Those emotional moments are the ones we live for. Best wishes always..