Anything But Gray Events Reviews

Anything But Gray Events 5
Anything But Gray Events 6
Anything But Gray Events 7

Ramzi Zahreddine · Getting married on 11/02/2020

Holly Gray is the absolute best!

There are not enough great things I can say about Holly and Anything But Gray Events! We just got married in Palm Springs and live on the East Coast. Holly navigated us through the entire process with grace and ease. We gave her a high level vision of what we wanted and trusted her to make it happen. She nailed every decision, big or small, and the whole wedding went off without a hitch. She took care of everything day-of and we didn't have to lift a finger. All of the vendors she linked us with were great and the one time we had a small hiccup Holly had it solved immediately! There is no way we could have done it without her and her team.

If you want your event to have to have that wow factor (and lots of color) Holly is the only choice! We're sad we don't get to work with her anymore now that the wedding is over, but she'll be our first call next time we have a major event to plan!

Sent on 04/15/2019

Kaitlin Shilling · Married on 03/10/2019

19 days to plan a destination wedding

19 days to plan a destination wedding. A daunting task, but Holly made it seem easy. We barely had a venue secured, much less flowers, photographer, band, dj or anything else. While we did our day jobs in Australia, which included traveling every week for 4 weeks before our wedding, Holly did hers in LA - and made it all happen. With only a few calls (and lots of follow up emails) she made sure we were on track, and locked down everything we needed for a fantastic day. She set up the video conferences so that she could see us "in person" even though we didn't actually meet until two days before the wedding. This really helped us connect and feel like we were in the right hands.

She struck a balance of rolling with the punches and making sure the key elements were in place for the day. With her extensive network, she was able to give us a few (excellent) choices for key vendors so we could make decisions quickly and feel comfortable that everything would be great. She visited the venue with the vendors and worked out how to set up and break down so that we got the most possible time and made some key suggestions about how to set up and decorate so that the backyard patio of a bar became an amazing haven just for us. Her styling and layout for the venue really pulled it all together.

She was unflappable as we came up with crazy ideas, and helped make them happen - including helping my partner to get an ice cream truck as a surprise for me! She was the reassuring presence I needed when I freaked out about my dress, and was just focused on making sure that I felt happy and confident for the day.

By the time the day arrived everything was all set and went incredibly smoothly. She made sure we stayed hydrated, and that we got a few moments to ourselves, to pause and take it in. Her experience was so key as she was able to just be where she needed to be to support and help me without it ever feeling like we had a wedding planner hovering and directly everything from a clipboard. I got several comments of amazement at how well I'd pulled it all off, which really all comes down to hiring Holly at the beginning.

Sent on 03/24/2019

Stephen · Married on 01/10/2019

Holly has been nothing but professional and a great coordinator. We first met her at our event open house and we recommend her to all of our clients. If you are looking for a great wedding planner Holly is the perfect choice!

Sent on 09/27/2016

Anything But Gray Events's reply:

Thank you for the kind words Stephen!
  • Keri

Keri Barton · Married on 09/29/2018

Making the Impossible Possible

We hired Anything But Gray Events to assist in wedding coordinating for three months prior to our wedding and the day of. I am an extremely detail oriented person so I had already thought through many details but what you don't think about are the things that make it all come together, like bathrooms haha! We had our ceremony and reception at two different venues which alone would be difficult to coordinate but on top of that one of our venues was an off the grid stargazing retreat so we really had to have everything brought in! Holly and her team were amazing at bringing ALL of our vendors together and making sure the day went off seamlessly! Everything was on time and coordinated to a T! Holly was also wonderful at providing me recommendations for anything and everything that I hadn't thought of yet and/or needed, she is a wealth of recommendations. Hight recommended especially if are looking to make the seemingly impossible possible! Thank you Anything But Gray Events!

Sent on 12/02/2018

Chia · Married on 08/19/2018

We had the pleasure of working with Holly Gray for our entire wedding planning process. We initially spoke with Holly on the phone and she was very bubbly and friendly! She didn't pressure us into making a decision, but rather encouraged us to talk to other planners to get a feel for what we wanted. Narrowing down a wedding planner can be difficult, so ultimately we chose Holly not just because her work looked and sounded impressive, but because of her personality. She really clicked with us as a couple and we loved that about her. Because realistically whom ever we chose, would heavily be involved in our lives for the next year, so we wanted to make sure we had a great connection.

After we locked down Holly, we jumped right into it! She had lots of recommendations for every aspect of a wedding; flowers, videographers, photographers, cake, music, makeup, hair, etc. Holly accompanied us on our initial meetings with the vendors and spoke true to our vision. She always had our best interest in mind and made us feel comfortable every step of the way. Which is extremely important because this occasion should be done exactly the way you pictured it. There are hundreds of major and minor decisions to make, that it can be hard to feel confident in your choices. It was always nice to hear that we were on the right track and everything would be okay.

On our actual wedding day, it was surreal to see everything come together. It was in this moment that we finally realized that the endless amount of e-mails and several months of planning was all worth it. Holly was running around like crazy and making sure everything was in place and exactly how it should be. The day was so perfect and if there were any hiccups or mishaps, we didn't notice a thing. That's why you hire a wedding planner! She is an absolute gem and organized the most perfect day we could have ever imagined. It was a dream come true!

Thank you Holly!

Sent on 09/12/2018

Kelly · Married on 07/14/2018

Best. Decision. Ever.

My mom and sister were freaking out when they realized I had barely done anything to plan for the wedding just 3-4 months out. We all agreed it would be good to get some help and were referred to Holly. And we all agree there was no way we could’ve pulled it off without her!

The venue I booked was beautiful and unique but was “DIY” (you have to bring in everything). Having not planned a wedding before I had no idea what that really meant until we brought Holly on board. Holly was familiar with the venue and the potential challenges we may have (e.g. it can get dark so add some uplights, we need to bring in our own trash cans) and I really think it would have been a disaster had we not thought of these things. Her planning regarding safety and convenience (the things we also may have overlooked had we not had her) were incredibly helpful as well. Her great attention to detail was essential!

She had a solid understanding of timing (both in planning stages, event day, post event) various wedding components (official, dancing, speakers, eating, drinking, etc) that again, we would not have thought about without her. She had excellent vendor recommendations – she really understood my style and what was going for even after just 1 or 2 conversations.

On the wedding day I really appreciated how Holly was very relaxed and cool which made me feel the same. She exemplified complete discretion and a ‘behind-the-scenes’ approach which made it feel very organized and seamless.

The day of was absolutely perfect. Our guests are STILL talking about how great the wedding was. I never thought I would be one to hire a wedding planner but now I have no idea how someone could have a wedding without one. I would recommend Holly to anyone getting married in the LA area 100%.

Sent on 08/08/2018
    Anything But Gray Events 8
    Anything But Gray Events 9
    Anything But Gray Events 10
    Anything But Gray Events 11
    Anything But Gray Events 12

Amie · Married on 11/02/2017

The best decision we could have made when beginning to plan our wedding was to call Holly at Anything But Gray Events! From our very first conversation she helped me to feel so relaxed and excited about the wedding. Planning can be stressful, and Holly could not have been more supportive, professional, and reassuring that everything was going to be perfect... and it was! We went with all of Holly's recommended vendors and - wow! - they beyond exceeded our expectations! When we decided a week before the wedding that we wanted live entertainment for cocktail hour, Holly worked some kind of magic to get us the best magicians in Los Angeles, which blew our guests away (they are still talking about it)! Even more incredible was that Holly respected our budget by not going over it and still gave us a glamorous, old Hollywood style wedding that we dreamed of. Our goal on our wedding day was to eat, enjoy every moment, to not get overwhelmed, to dance as much as possible, and to have FUN. That is exactly how the day and night went, and we will forever be grateful to Anything But Gray Events for making it all possible. We will never forget those moments. I truly cannot recommend Holly enough!

Sent on 12/09/2017
    Anything But Gray Events 13
    Anything But Gray Events 14

Amie and Ithamar,

Your wedding was a Hollywood dream! I mean look at those photos. You two are glowing. Thank you for letting me be apart of your big day. That dance floor was packed! What a glamourous and magical evening. Literally. Thank you for the very kind words. All my best! xo
  • I

Ithamar · Married on 11/02/2017

When my wife and I were getting ready to plan our wedding, we thought, "we could do this by ourselves!" Thankfully, we didn't. And even MORE thankfully, we went with Holly. Holly made the potentially super stressful process into a smooth and calm experience. And on the actual wedding day, everything went beyond our expectations and hopes for the big day. Holly's expertise and personal touches helped us find other great vendors too!

It's so cliche to say that your wedding day is the best day of your life, but now I know why. It is definitely the best day of my life and that is in no small part due to working with Holly.

Sent on 12/10/2017

Amanda · Married on 10/21/2017

If you're reading this, stop, and just hire Holly. If you want statements to back up this opinion, read on! Holly is a wonderful blend of qualities that you don't always find together. She is structured and creative, enthusiastic but not overbearing, strong and sympathetic, honest but fair and supportive. She's the very best person to have in your corner on your big day (and it's so much more than one day!). Seriously, thank God I didn't try to do this on my own. When you hire Holly you get organizational skills and professionalism, and you get access to her team of trusted vendors. The woman knows EVERYONE and is a matchmaker when it comes to pairing you with people she thinks will "get" you. Everyone she brought onto the team was wonderful. My wedding day, I got to relax for hair and makeup with my mom and bridesmaids. We were relaxed, because I knew that Holly and her team were at the venue making sure everything was perfect, which is frankly priceless. Holly dealt with me during health issues and job changes and stress. She handled it like a champ, keeping us on budget & tracking everything. She's hard-working and a great person to boot. If you're on the fence about whether or not to hire a wedding planner, the answer is you should. If you're on the fence about which wedding planner to hire, the answer is Holly, assuming you're looking to make your day special, colorful and creative. I couldn't have trusted a better professional for the job. Holly is worth it!

Sent on 11/20/2017

Anything But Gray Events's reply:

Amanda, you bring me to tears. Thank you so much for these words. It truly means so much to me to know your wedding day was everything you and Mike hoped for. If I could put you two in a magic machine and clone you to make all my future clients I would in a heartbeat.

Mary Anne · Married on 07/15/2017

Holly is gracious, knowledgeable, dependable, and fun! As the mother of a bride, I highly recommend her.

Sent on 07/18/2017

Joanna · Married on 07/15/2017

Holly was absolutely indispensable. If something went wrong on my wedding day, I still have no idea. She was an absolute professional who was always reachable and ready with a vendor or creative idea. Prior to finding her, I was on the fence about hiring a wedding planner--I had delusions of being able to plan it ourselves. Hiring Holly and working with her was the single best wedding planning decision I made. She made the process smooth and the wedding day phenomenal. She is absolutely the person you should hire to help plan your wedding!

Sent on 07/21/2017

Joanna,

Thank you so much for the kind words! It was a pleasure working with you and your family. You could be one of the most calm and cool brides I have ever seen. Your wedding was a blast and I am happy I was able to help you achieve your wedding goals!

Brian · Married on 07/01/2017

Holly was a huge help during our wedding planning. She was caring, attentive, and sensitive to the timeline and our needs. She is filled with a wealth of knowledge on the industry and she is a joy to work with as she makes the process fun and colorful. Needless to say, she has also become a friend after this experience! We highly recommend Holly! :)

Sent on 08/01/2017

Anything But Gray Events's reply:

Thank you Brian! What time words. It was a pleasure to work with both of you. Glad to call you friends as well.

All my best,
    Holly

Susan · Married on 06/30/2017

Thanks again for a job well done. The surprise party was a huge success in no small part to you! You really did an amazing job in just 30 days! My father loved it. My family loved it. I loved it. But more importantly my mother and her friends loved it and that's really what it was all about. I appreciate all the effort you put in. It really showed.

Sent on 07/02/2017

Chase · Married on 05/27/2017

Holly is the best! We were lost and had no idea what to do when it came to anything wedding related. After selecting Holly as our wedding planner it was like a weight was lifted off our shoulders. She was very detailed and was very responsive to all our wants and ideas. Even when we had difficulty with the dates Holly was there, and helped everything transition smoothly. We are beyond thrilled with how our wedding turned out, and it would have not been that way without Holly! We can't recommend her enough, and are so thankful to have had her as our planner.

Sent on 08/05/2017

Ed · Married on 10/23/2016

Holly of “Events by Holly Gray” was the fabulous coordinator for the wedding of my husband and me at the end of October 2016. I’ve heard some people suggest that a wedding coordinator isn’t essential. Based on my experience, believe me, it is the most essential! You want to spend your wedding day taking in the ceremony, enjoying the reception, dancing, creating memories with your guests, and eating your own food. You want to spend the day being isolated from all the logistics and business-related decisions that need to be made in order to make your vision for the day a reality. And Holly ensured that every detail exceeded our expectations!

My husband and I didn’t need to be concerned with anything other than taking in each moment of our wedding day. Holly perfectly carried out our vision - and she made sure that we were actually able to eat the food at the reception. Obviously the better you know what you want (or don’t want) for your wedding the better Holly can serve you. She met with us along the way and based on our thoughts, she had suggestions for and connections to great vendors, as well as creative ideas when it came to themes, décor, food, etc. She gave us great feedback as we wrestled with different decisions and was there to support us every step of the way.

We enthusiastically recommend Holly Gray! She helped to make all the big decisions more manageable. And once all the vendors were finalized and Holly knew exactly what we wanted for our wedding, she made sure it happened – all with a smile.

Bottom line: you’re in safe hands with Holly.

Sent on 12/22/2016

Daniel · Married on 09/18/2016

Holly Gray absolutely rescued our wedding, which was Sept 18, 2016. Holly will be the best investment of your entire event.

Over a year ago, we booked a venue that came with a planning staff who claimed they were taking care of everything. 7 weeks before the wedding, the venue broke their lease and disappeared, taking with them all of their "vendor hookups," etc. We were stuck replanning the entire wedding in less than 2 months.

My wife happened to find Holly Gray and we booked her as our "day-of coordinator." This title does not begin to describe the high level of service and care that Holly provides. Without a shadow of a doubt, this wedding wouldn't have been possible without Holly Gray. Not only did she plan our wedding in 6 weeks flat, but it was PERFECT.

Holly came with a host of personal contacts from different vendors and negotiated deals for us that we never could've gotten on our own. She brought our dreams to life flawlessly and never faltered in her belief that we could have the wedding we wanted on our terms.

My wife and I are bad at making decisions and also we are very busy people. Holly was firm with us when necessary, but never impatient or overbearing. She made us comfortable with every step of the way booking vendors, explaining what we needed and why, and working on our budget.

On the wedding day, Holly was completely indispensable. Not one single thing went even slightly awry in any way and that is 100% because of Holly Gray. She was deftly in charge of all the vendors, getting the table settings and favors just right, placing floral arrangements, working with the DJ and live band, multiple photographers, dog walkers, coordinating 3 different caterers and a baker, parking and security staff-- everything. And yet I did not see her break a sweat.

In the end, losing our original venue and planner turned out to be the best thing that ever happened, because it led us to Holly Gray and therefore our perfect wedding.

Sent on 09/26/2016

Jessica · Married on 07/02/2016

We hired Holly for day-of coordination and I am SO GLAD we did. I would highly recommend getting a coordinator in general. I didn't have to worry about decor or where the guestbook was, etc. It was so lovely to have someone else in charge! But I would also specifically recommend Holly. She was seriously great. One of my bridesmaids had a zipper break on her dress and Holly was immediately on the scene sewing her in. She was also great in coaching me through a worrying situation with a former coworker who was fired a week before the wedding but showed up anyway! She has great taste and absolutely carried out my vision for the day.

Having Holly there allowed me to just float through the day and enjoy being with my family and friends rather than worry about the details. I would 100% recommend her to anyone planning an event.

Sent on 07/07/2016

Jessica,

It was lovely working with you as well! You were such an organized and cool- headed bride to be. Love that! Seeing the wedding photos yesterday from Julie Pepin Photography reminded me what a magical day it was and how beautiful a backdrop UCLA was! All the best to both of you.

Jon · Married on 06/18/2016

Holly is a GIRL. BOSS. and she gets the job DONE! Our wedding was essentially a huge show, and Holly was on top of everything from the get-go! From the early stages of planning until the big day as our coordinator, her professionalism and fun spirit is what made this wedding process a phenomenal experience for both my husband and I. It's truly a blessing to work with someone who understands your vision and is equally as enthusiastic about your dream wedding. We love you, Holly! Thank you for making our dreams come true and bringing our #cutestweddingever to life!

Sent on 06/27/2016

Jon,

You rock! Thank you for such kind works. Your wedding to Chrissa will live on in history as the #cutestweddingever. Hands down! Thank you for letting me be apart of your big, colorful, Kawii journey!

A year ago when we started the process of planning my daughter's wedding. She wanted a wedding coordinator and I thought it was an unnecessary expense. I was completely wrong! Holly was fantastic. The wedding was at our church and the reception at a restaurant ballroom. Holly completely took care of every detail. When we walked into the ballroom, everything was completed and ready to have a great party. We had a cocktail hour outside prior to our guests coming into the reception which was ready to go and beautiful. What was the best for me if I had any question or concern (which were few) Holly took complete care of it. I had no stress as the mother of the bride and this made the evening even more perfect. My daughter's thank you to me was "Everything was absolutely perfect" this was in large part to Holly's amazing work to make my daughter's dream wedding a reality!!!

Sent on 06/14/2016

Anything But Gray Events's reply:

I am so glad I was able to help make your daughter's big day so memorable! She had one of the best cake toppers I have ever seen. A gold dinosaur couple? I mean come on! Perfection!!!

Erin · Married on 06/11/2016

Holly was such a huge help for my 6/11/16 wedding! Holly was simply incredible. We knew right after we got engaged that we would want someone to help with the day of the wedding. We really wanted our family to just enjoy the day and not have to be running around and setting anything up. Having gone to high school with Holly, I knew she was the girl for the job! She was so flexible, attentive, saw things that I was overlooking, and brought me back from things that I was over thinking. She had amazing ideas. One of the best things about Holly was that she has decor available for rent. We rented sequin table cloths and gold votives. This was amazing because we could not justify the cost of buying these items for one day. Walking into the reception was a dream, everything was so beautiful! If there was any issue or problem, I never found out about it because Holly just handled it. She is simply incredible and will make your wedding day even more memorable because you will not have anything to stress over. I promise, working with Holly will be one of the best wedding decisions you could make! Thank you Holly! XOXO
    -Chris and Erin

Sent on 06/23/2016

Erin,

Your words deeply touch me. Knowing you for so long made this experience even more special. I wish you a lifetime of love and laughter. You are a ray of sunshine on a dark day. Thank you!!

Miriam · Married on 05/15/2016

Holly is AMAZING. She was my wedding planner for my wedding this past May. From the moment I met her, I knew she was the perfect planner for us! The title "Day Of Coordinator" doesn't do Holly justice. She was there for me from the moment we officially hired her, with endless advice, referrals, and answers to my millions of questions. She helped keep me calm throughout the entire process, which is not an easy feat. She has an impeccable eye and made sure that everything was set up perfectly. I am telling every engaged couple I meet that they NEED to hire her! I don't know what I would have done without her. Thank you, Holly!

Sent on 08/29/2016

Miriam,

You don't give yourself enough credit. You were a delight to work with and very calm! Thank you for always being so kind and thoughtful. I have so many fun memories of your wedding including the puppy that ran through the reception. That puppy had the most perfect timing.

Nicole · Married on 04/02/2016

I can't thank Holly enough for such an amazing wedding night. As our day of coordinator, she met with us a number of times prior to the event, gave us countless consultations, and coordinated with all of the vendors the week before. The day was seamless and we couldn't imagine having a wedding without her. Just leave all decisions on the day-of in her hands. She handles everything! I recommend her with all of my heart!

Sent on 06/23/2016

Anything But Gray Events's reply:

Thank you for the recommendation Nicole! You were such a relaxed and fun bride to work with. Who can ever forget the blue wedding cake and all your bicycle touches. Loved it all! #pandalove

Corinna · Married on 01/02/2016

Holly is everything a photographer dreams in a wedding coordinator. Incredibly collaborative, professional, and helpful. Having a great wedding coordinator makes my job as a photographer go by smoothly and stress free! Thanks Holly for being so kind and helpful!

Sent on 01/08/2016

Corinna,

Thank you for being so easy to work and communicate with! It makes such a difference when all the vendors are on the same page and can create magic together.

Phil · Married on 01/02/2016

Planning a wedding is a daunting task, especially for (I'm going to guess most) guys out there, who probably have no idea what questions to ask each vendor, the right order to tackle each task, or any of the other hundreds of little details that you can't know until you dive in...unless you have an experienced pro to guide you through it.
    Holly is most certainly an experienced pro and made both of us feel comfortable and taken care of, from the moment we first met her through the end of the event itself. She helped us find a great florist for our budget, was always pleasant and helpful, and was even able to "tame" an unruly flower girl.
    If you're in the southern California area and getting hitched, check out Holly Gray!

Sent on 04/05/2016

Anything But Gray Events's reply:

Thank you so much Phil for the lovely words. It was a pleasure working with both you and Kelsey. "Taming" unruly flower girls has now been added to my resume. LOL!
  • I

Ileana · Married on 10/16/2015

Holly Gray is the consummate Wedding Planner/Day-Of-Coordinator Professional! Highly organized, efficient, creative, and caring. Her long-standing experience and seasoned team will make any event a smooth and seamless affair to remember. If you are looking for an experienced, yet modern planner, Holly Gray is the best choice. I recommend her services with the utmost confidence!

Sent on 11/13/2015

Ileana,
    It was such a pleasure working with you an your staff at Noor in Pasadena. It's all about the team work in my book! I look forward to working again with you in the future.