Anticipation Events Reviews

Anticipation Events 5
Anticipation Events 6
Anticipation Events 7

Claire Kelly · Married on 01/12/2019

Amazing! Cannot Recommend Enough!

Choose Anticipation Events! You will not regret it. We worked with Laura, and while we hired her as a month-of coordinator, she was there to support us and answer questions throughout the entire planning process. She was responsive, beyond competent, and professional in all areas. She took so much stress away, especially as we approached our wedding day - coordinating our other vendors, taking care of last-minute details, and keeping everything under control. On the day of our wedding, we had some unexpected situations - a few inches of blowing snow, some issues at our venue, and a fire alarm that went off during the reception. She got everyone where they needed to be, took care of every potential issue without us even knowing, and made sure that we all remained calm and happy. I recommend Anticipation Events, and Laura in particular, to anyone and everyone that is looking to be taken care of and supported for their event.

• Nikki

Nikki Ouellette · Married on 11/03/2018

Salvage One Wedding - Month of Planning

Anticipation Events was recommended to me by a family member who is part of the wedding community in Chicago, they did not disappoint! Laura was our month of planner who provided us with great advice, was extremely organized, and took care of everything on the day of the wedding. My husband and I did not have much experience with weddings and Laura was there to answer all of our "dumb" questions, providing us with options and her recommendation based on our vision. I have a tendency to over think the little things and Laura brought me back on track. I would highly recommend their month of planning services, or just the day of coordination depending on your need!

Lauren W · Married on 10/06/2018

The most kind, professional, and simply fantastic folks in the biz

Anticipation Events (we worked with Elizabeth) was absolutely the best month-of coordinator we could have asked for. What I loved most was that not only are they fantastic when it comes to coordinating a ton of details but also, they do so with such grace and kindness. In the weeks leading up to our wedding, they confirmed every last detail with all of our vendors, including some last minute changes to the guest transportation, and I didn't have to worry about a thing. There was also a medical emergency during our wedding reception, which Elizabeth handled like a PRO. Hardly anyone knew that paramedics actually came in during dinner and whisked out my grandma to the nearest hospital. I can't thank AE and Elizabeth enough for being the most kind, professional folks in the biz. I would highly recommend to anyone seeking out a "day-of" coordinator.

Colleen Conrad · Married on 09/22/2018

Elizabeth is a dream!

Anticipation Events made our wedding day smooth and perfect! From the moment we met Elizabeth, we knew we were in good hands. She is organized, professional, patient, creative, and so kind! She took care of every detail for us, so we had time to actually enjoy every moment of our big day.

Christie · Married on 09/15/2018

We hired Anticipation Events for day-of-coordination for our wedding in September 2018 at Ovation Chicago. Elizabeth was so helpful explaining their services and the various options up front, and we signed with them immediately. Laura took over as our day-of-coordinator--she was fantastic to work with. She helped provide suggestions on vendors they have worked with (our officiant Jarrod was a phenomenal recommendation by Laura), and provided worksheets months in advance to help get us organized. The month of the wedding was when Laura really took charge. I felt far less anxious leading up to, and the day-of, because she was so organized, helpful and responsive. Our big weekend was scheduled down to the minute! Everything came together flawlessly. If you are on the fence about getting a day/month-of-coordinator, do it, and choose Anticipation Events. You won't regret it!

Brian · Married on 09/01/2018

We contracted Anticipation Events for our wedding planning for our Sept 1 wedding in Chicago. I knew Laura would be helpful, but wasn't expecting to be blown away by her organization, attentiveness, and overall interest and detailed involvement in orchestrating every last little detail. She thought of EVERYTHING, and made it super, super easy for us to enjoy the big day. All we had to do was show up - everything was perfectly organized and taken care of from start to finish. Our guests are all still raving about it being the best wedding they have ever been to. I can't say enough good things about my experience with Laura & Anticipation Events. We will be forever grateful, it was indeed the best day of our lives.
    Brian & Ivan

Ashlee · Married on 09/01/2018

Elizabeth is the real MVP

Elizabeth was so well organized, punctual, proactive, professional and soothing - our wedding would not have been nearly as fun without her. There are so many things she anticipated and had institutional knowledge for. Throughout the night she also checked on us, got us drinks, and even remembered to bring me a piece of cake (which I kept noting I really wanted to remember to do). She is such a nice, calm and soothing person, she helped to alleviate all of my crazy - which was invaluable. I can't thank Elizabeth enough and I would choose her all over again 100x over. She is really incredible.

Melanie M · Married on 06/09/2018

AE: The Help You Need

As an enthusiastic planner who had watched friends wrangle mediocre coordinators, I worried that hiring one for my own wedding would end up being a totally unnecessary expense. Elizabeth proved me SO wrong. Having Elizabeth as our month-of-coordinator was invaluable. She knew all the decisions that we needed to make but never would have though of until it was too late. She flawlessly managed a difficult relationship with our venue to the point that we were not even aware of some day-of challenges until after it was all over. And, in addition to the big things, she got all the small details- compiling the readings of our readers, mailing our license, taking things back to our house at the end of the night. We didn't worry about anything that night and get to have only fond memories of a flawless execution.

(This is also literally the only online review that I've ever left for anything, which is perhaps the greatest testament of how much we appreciated the services provide by AE.)

• Rachel

Rachel · Married on 04/28/2018

We LOVE Anticipation Events!

If you're considering booking Anticipation Events for your wedding, DO IT! Hiring Laura as our day of coordinator was hands down the best wedding decision we made. Day of Coordinator is a bit of a misnomer, because Laura gave us so much help and advice long before our actual wedding day. She was an absolute delight to work with - knowledgeable, helpful, accessible, responsive, calm, and kind. It was WONDERFUL having an event expert we could reach out to with all our many questions during the planning process. Laura made sure we were on top of the million decisions we needed to make leading up to the wedding, and she put together an amazingly detailed minute-by-minute schedule for our day and wrangled all of our vendors so they knew exactly where to go and when to be there. When our wedding day came, we didn't need to worry about a thing. Laura and her team handled all of the day of logistics and made sure all our vendors were doing their thing. They also decorated our 100% DIY venue - I basically gave her a dozen boxes of decor and said "make it pretty," and WOW. They did an amazing job - our venue looked absolutely perfect and we got so many compliments from our guests. Bottom line, all we had to do the day of our wedding was show up, and everything was taken care of. My husband and I both agree that hiring AE was the best money we spent on the whole wedding. I promise you, the peace of mind you'll feel knowing someone has your back and is dealing with all of the issues that inevitably come up will make it worth every penny.

Abby · Married on 04/14/2018

Absolutely could not imagine our day without the help of Laura/Elizabeth. We initially didn't think we needed a day of coordinator, but once we met with Elizabeth (and subsequently Laura) we realized we couldn't pull everything off without them. Laura was amazing making sure we were set with vendors/confirmations, worked to make sure all of our questions were answered, and handled absolutely everything the day of so that we could sit back and relax knowing that the small details would be taken care of. I couldn't recommend working with AE more highly!

• Katie

Katie · Married on 12/30/2017

Working with Aimee Webster and Anticipation Events was one of the BEST decisions we made during our wedding planning experience!!! They helped make the wedding beautiful and the day run smoothly. Aimee was phenomenal to work with as well!!! She is detail oriented, has great style and taste, and is just a wonderful person. Without hesitation I would recommend using Aimee and Anticipation Events to any bride/groom out there.

MARY · Married on 10/14/2017

Elizabeth is the absolute best. We had the most amazing wedding in October this year and so much of it is a direct result of working with Elizabeth and Anticipation Events. My now husband and I had a very unique, complex vision for our wedding and ceremony and Elizabeth nailed it and executed in a way bigger and better than our wildest dreams. She was also a dream to work with, both leading up to the wedding, calming us down and leading us in the right direction throughout the entire process. Elizabeth is extremely professional but we always felt comfortable working with her and asking her all of our silly questions. On the day, she made sure every thing went incredibly smoothly so we could relax and enjoy the day from start to finish. Our only regret was not involving Elizabeth earlier in the process. She is a rockstar. Do not hesitate - work with Anticipation Events and have the best day of your life!

Anticipation Events 14
    Anticipation Events 15

Megan · Married on 09/23/2017

5/5 Stars for sure! If we could, we would give them 6 stars. We worked with Laura and Jenna, and they blew away all expectations. It was the best investment of our wedding. Laura was extremely helpful and responsive throughout the entire process, and gave us much needed guidance and good advice whenever we asked. Jenna was on site the day of the wedding, and she made sure that both myself, my husband and my parents didn't have to focus on a single detail so we could just enjoy the day. Everything went off without a hitch. I would recommend Anticipation Events to anyone. Quality of service, responsiveness, professionalism, value and flexibility, all 6/5 stars. Thanks so much guys, you were truly the best of the best. XX, Meg and Nick

Kaitlyn · Married on 09/23/2017

I wasn't sure if I needed a wedding planner as I started this process. I thought that I would be able to figure it all out on my own, but decided to look into it just in case. We went with day of coordination with AE after meeting with Elizabeth one-on-one. She has done weddings at our venue, Camp Wandawega, before which was a huge relief as it's unique in some ways. She was very knowledgeable and reassuring, as well as good at alerting us to areas in which we have been overlooking or thinking we could all on our own. We were later connected with Aimee who was our go-to person as we neared the wedding day. She was professional, delightfully full of energy and positive, while also being assertive in getting things moving, which is so incredibly necessary for a wedding day/weekend to happen smoothly. It was so reassuring to know we had this team with us. As with most weddings, we hit some unexpected bumps (e.g., 95 in late September anybody?) and they were on it before I could even ask. I had some issues with my mother the day of the wedding and both Aimee and Elizabeth took my hands and said tell me what you need and I'll take care of it, one of those things was making a last-minute bouquet. You really can't imagine the amount of work and thoughtfulness they put into these weddings...and when I say work, I mean WORK. I will never forget the image of Aimee slamming giant ice bags onto the concrete ground trying to make ice for cocktails while also coordinating the next part of the event. I was in awe. Listen, bottom line: If you're thinking you don't need a wedding planner, or at the very least a day of coordinator, you're wrong...and if you think you have someone else in mind, dont. AE is where it's at. Forever grateful for their help. I would have been lost without them.

Shannon · Married on 07/08/2017

To be honest… I was on the fence about needing someone for day of coordination, and I really wasn’t sure if the added expense was necessary. As a bride, you think you can do it all and that you have every detail planned out so what’s the use. Well looking back on my wedding a couple weeks ago, I am so glad I had Laura from Anticipation Events there with me that day. Leading up to the wedding, she was there to answer any questions I had, she drafted a timeline down to the minute, she came with to our final walkthrough at the venue, and she helped out tremendously at the rehearsal. The week of the wedding she confirmed everything with my vendors, and really eased the majority of the stress that I was feeling. I was able to give her everything that had to be set up in advance, as well as all of the payments and tips for the vendors. I didn’t have to think about anything the day of which was so nice. When it came time for the ceremony, Laura had everything under control. I’m pretty sure the priest was 15 minutes late, but I had no idea because Laura handled it all. When we got to the reception venue, everything was set up exactly how I had planned it. Laura made sure everyone knew what they were doing and when. At the end of the night, I was expecting to have to help gather centerpieces or the other items we had brought into the venue. It was so nice… Laura sent me and my husband back to the hotel and took care of everything. If any of you brides haven’t considered or are on the fence about using a day of coordinator DO IT! It will be the best money you spend for your day. They say you can’t plan for the random mishaps that might occur that day… but if you hire Laura and Anticipation Events I wouldn’t be worried at all.

Micah · Married on 07/01/2017

It's hard to put into words just how much love I have for Anticipation Events. My mom and I initially met Laura at Indie Wed about a year before my wedding and instantly knew that this was a woman we wanted to work with. She was so warm, engaging and overall just down to earth. She's someone you want by your side during the stressful weeks leading up to the wedding and running things like a boss day of (cue a Beyoncé playlist).

Let's face it, planning a wedding is hard... especially when you've never done it before. Laura is so well immersed in the industry and always had awesome solutions and recommendations that helped us throughout the planning process. We're so grateful for Laura and her willingness to go above and beyond to make our day extra special.

And to Elizabeth... you are a true badass and an inspiration to business owners, interior designers and dog moms everywhere. Thank you for staying true to yourself and what your company stands for.

Fangirl out.

Colleen · Married on 06/10/2017

We used Anticipation Events for full coordination services for our large June 2017 wedding and from the moment we met Elizabeth we felt so lucky that she was going to help navigate this journey with us. As we moved though planning and decision making her guidance and attention were invaluable. Not only did she help us make sure we were going to have a spectacular party but they did it in a way that balanced our feelings of the current state of the world and our desire to be wildly, ridiculously, and obliviously happy. She took the time to get to know us and was able to suggest vendors that truly matched our personalities, style, and budget.
    Elizabeth and Team AE wrangled vendors, families, and at times emotions. They made sure that everything was organized and calm in the run up to the big day and set to impress on the day. On the day, it felt like we were in full control yet not responsible for anything other than our own enjoyment. It truly felt like we threw a party but didn't have to do the dishes afterward! Plus they assisted with a surprise hot dog delivery to the groom's father mid toast like it was a well-rehearsed, I mean, does it get better?

April · Married on 06/03/2017

Out of everything we spent money on for our wedding, the ‘day-of’ coordinator from Anticipation Events was –by far- our best investment!
    It turns out that the ‘day-of’ coordinator package is really a MONTH-OF coordinator. This is the most perfect situation I could have asked for.
    Having an extra person on your team during this time, that you can lean on for anything and everything, is just plain ESSENTIAL.
    I can’t imagine how I would have pulled it all together without working with Anticipation Events.
    Our coordinator was Aimee. She spent a massive amount of time learning about everything that I had already put together and everything that I still needed to tackle.
    Aimee was incredible. For the entire month she was totally available for me- via phone, email, and text. She always replied quickly with the most helpful information and was totally lovely while doing so.
    She took so many overwhelming details off my plate.
    One of the biggest things that she took care of was making sure the timeline for the day went smoothly. I was able to let go of all the event logistics and just ENJOY the day!! I didn’t worry once about anything because I trusted her completely. She made sure everything went exactly as we discussed.
    I literally could go on and on.
    Working with Aimee was such a dream come true. I honestly believe that my wedding wouldn’t have been half as amazing without her. She is a total wedding super hero.
    Do yourself a massive favor and hire Anticipation Events!

Meg · Married on 04/21/2017

If you decide to have a wedding planner or day of coordinator -this is your dream team. If you're not sure about getting a planner or coordinator, as we were in the same boat, let me tell you, Anticipation Events will be up there with the best, if not the best money well spent on your wedding. From the moment I met Elizabeth I thought "this is a chic I could hang out with. But also, a vendor I can totally trust." I think the best advice I can give in the wedding planning process is finding vendors you feel totally comfortable with and match your style. These women were just that for us. Laura was our day of planner and after meeting Elizabeth I was worried I wouldn't jive as well with someone else. Laura was amazing!! Elizabeth paired her with us because she had worked at our venue in the past and knew it well-so smart. I never had to seek her out during the day for anything-It was like she was always reading my mind! From the very beginning, she made the process super streamlined with a timeline and asking all the essential questions without overloading or causing stress. My husband was hesitant to spend the money on a day of coordinator. The morning after he said, "Laura was phenomenal. I'm so glad we decided to work with her and her team." Laura handled so many things the night of our wedding that we didn't get full info on until after-as it should be-she only told us things we absolutely needed to know so that we could enjoy the night. We spent the entire night on the dance floor and I truly believe we wouldn't have been able to do that without Laura. Even our parents commented on how wonderful Laura was. Elizabeth even showed up to say hello during the reception! Such a class act these ladies are. You'll be so thankful you chose them!

Sarah · Married on 01/28/2017

Elizabeth is like someone else said "the best friend you never had". I wanted to work with Elizabeth years ago when I started seeing her work -- unlike so many other coordinators, the range of her work is so eclectic! She does DIY barn weddings, glamorous ballroom weddings, cool city-vibe loft weddings and so much more. As a wannabe wedding planner, I planned my wedding top to bottom but knew I needed someone to bounce questions and ideas off of, as well as fully execute my vision the day of the actual celebration, so we hired Elizabeth as our day-of coordinator. Elizabeth made it happen for me, she truly made my dreams come true. It was such a thrill being my own wedding planner and stylist, but that could have never happened if I didn't have Elizabeth as my "boots on the ground". She is the best. When you're getting married, you have more important things to be worrying about then making sure the easels are set up and the place cards are where they are supposed to be. Let Elizabeth help you -- she's a total pro and will faithfully execute your vision just as you would (or better!). One of the best decisions we ever made was having Elizabeth around on our wedding day, we are truly grateful for all the time and energy she put in to make our day absolutely perfect. Thank you for coordinating our day, dear Elizabeth!

Lindsey · Married on 01/21/2017

We held our wedding was in Chicago, but we live in New York. There were only two ways we could have successfully planned a wedding from such a long distance: 1) hold it at a generic “wedding factory” where we picked from cookie-cutter packages OR 2) work with someone like Elizabeth at Anticipation Events who is so professional, knowledgeable and easy to work with that we could plan and pull-off a wedding full of personal touches at the perfect location for us.

Elizabeth was our scout, our sounding board, our calming voice and our shield from all the stress big weddings can provide. When we first contacted Elizabeth we had a lot of ideas: photographers, food, transportation, décor… She helped us turn these ideas into a concrete plan that was executed better than we could have imagined.

No detail was too small for her attention and no big task was too daunting for her to take on. It is clear that Elizabeth has successfully coordinated weddings and events for hundreds of people, but we never felt like we were on the backburner or just another one of her clients. She approached planning our wedding with the same care that we would expect of a trusted friend.

Anticipation Events is one of the most respected planning companies in Chicago and we can see why. We would highly recommend them to anyone we meet.

grace · Married on 01/14/2017

Working with Elizabeth and Anticipation Events was one of the best decisions we made while planning our wedding! My husband and I are admittedly hard to please. We work in the design industry so we're that extra annoying combo of type-a with very specific tastes, but we're also kind of artsy so we foresaw getting pretty stressed if we had to engage with every detail of our wedding. What all that means is we needed to find someone whose taste was on-point, was more organized than us, and who knew when to pull us in for decisions vs when to make the call. Elizabeth was that person- and the wedding turned out better than we could have hoped. Elizabeth was both our day-of coordinator (everything went VERY smoothly) ,and helped us plan for about 4 months leading up to our big day. She took the time to understand our vision, and removed all the bumps in headaches on the road to helping us achieve it. Highly recommended.

Amy · Married on 12/10/2016

My husband and I hired Anticipation Events for day-of coordination for our wedding and I'll say here what we tell everyone: hiring AE was the best money we spent on the entire wedding. Elizabeth (the owner) met us at a bar near our house soon after our inquiry. Not only did she answer all of our questions and lay out exactly what day-of coordination would entail (a LOT more than we expected- day-of coordination includes major work before the wedding on their part), but she took an interest in us and our wedding. We felt very confident about AE from that first meeting. We worked with Laura because she had coordinated other weddings at our venue (Kitchen Chicago- also fantastic!) and she was just as incredible as Elizabeth. Laura was superbly detail-oriented, kind, enthusiastic, and helpful through every stage of the process. Laura (and Elizabeth) also developed our idea for a hot chocolate bar for the wedding, did every piece of coordination with the vendor, and literally chose the best hot chocolate I've ever had. It was a hit of the wedding! We trusted Laura 100% and knew that she would make everything work out. We were truly able to enjoy every minute of our wedding day because of Laura. We cannot recommend AE highly enough!

Christina · Married on 09/03/2016

I echo all the reviews already on the page for Anticipation Events and I wish I could give them six stars for Value & Quality. Elizabeth and Laura were fantastic to work with throughout the planning of my wedding. They were always ready with answers to my random questions and their day-of coordination took a huge weight off my shoulders. They made sure everything was perfect down to the last detail. When she found out I was planning to stamp and organize all of my place cards the night before my wedding, Laura was quick to take that responsibility off my plate which allowed me to fully enjoy my welcome reception with my family & friends . I can't say enough about AE. If you haven't hired them yet, what are you waiting for?