Anticipation Events Reviews

102 | Chicago, IL

102 Reviews for Anticipation Events

• Bridget

Bridget Hamilton Vydra · Married on 05/08/2020

Invaluable Service! The Perfect Wedding thanks to this team!

Anticipation Events was some of the best money we spent! From vendor management before and after, to creating a timeline (and ensuring everyone kept to it!) on the big day, to ensuring that myself and my husband and our families had everything we needed, the list goes on! Everything went absolutely perfect thanks to them. I truly don't know what we would have done without Anticipation Events. There were points in the night where my drink was almost empty, and another one would magically appear from Elizabeth or her staff so I never had to leave the dance floor. There was another moment where my husband was about to take off his jacket, and one of them appeared out of nowhere to take it! You cannot put a value on service like that on your wedding night. It's hard to articulate how many little details there are to keep track of on your wedding day, and it's so important to have someone else (outside of your friends or family) worry about them for you. Don't pass up the opportunity to work with this team!

Sent on 12/18/2019

Sarah Meyer · Married on 09/28/2019

Great work!

Elizabeth was quickly responsive, helpful, organized, and patient. I would recommend her and her team!

Sent on 02/14/2020

Samantha Herbert · Married on 09/01/2019

Hire them!

This is the first review I’ve ever written on wedding wire and likely my only one but I need to share how amazing this company is. We worked with Elizabeth and Aimee for our wedding at Thalia Hall in Chicago this past Labor Day. They were incredible. I am very Type A and planned most of the wedding myself and thought I’d have a hard time handing over control to someone else. This was not the case at all once I saw how organized and proactive Aimee was. She responded to every email, took initiative, and immersed herself in every detail, no matter how small. The team was so competent and delightful and the day of the event could not have gone smoother. If you’re debating hiring them and they have availability on your wedding date, just do it. They were amazing.

Sent on 09/10/2019
  • I

Izabel Zambrzycki · Married on 08/24/2019

Would Have Died....

I would have died without Elizabeth. I have to admit that planning a wedding was one of the worst experiences I've ever had in my life BUT because of Elizabeth I made it through and honestly had THEE most perfect day. Elizabeth was insanely quick to respond to anything I needed, and also there to just be supportive during stressful moments. She was there during breakdowns, fights, etc. On the day of, it felt as though I didn't have to worry about a single thing- she made sure everything was taken care of and told me where to go and what to do. It was perfection - my day was absolutely flawless because of Elizabeth and the team at AE. They are incredible and worth every single penny- trust me!!

Sent on 02/10/2020

Kathi Clarke · Married on 06/18/2019

Exceeded all expectations!

We worked with Aimee for Day of Planning and could not have been happier! I have planned a lot of events, including our other daughter's wedding, so did not think I needed a planner. Our venue really thought we should hire someone. I do not regret the decision at all. Aimee was a joy and the day was flawless. I wish we could give her 10 stars!

Sent on 06/18/2019
  • Mary

Mary T · Married on 06/15/2019

Our Best Decision!

We hired Laura Hayes for month-of-planning for our only daughter's wedding, and it made all the difference in having a wonderful event that we were able to fully enjoy ourselves. This was our first wedding to plan, and we were attempting to do it from out of state. I tend to prefer to handle details myself, but I knew I would not be able to appreciate her wedding if I took that role.

We chose the month of planning option with the addition of assistance finding 3 vendors. Laura assisted us in navigating the multitude of vendors Chicago has to offer and matched us with options that fulfilled our daughter's style and budget. We began the actual month of coordination at a meeting with our caterer, the wedding venue staff, the parents, and the bride and groom. Laura began planning the timeline from this moment. There were unforeseen misunderstandings with the venue and the caterer regarding some food and table options as well as parking. Laura took those issues on and solved them. The timeline involving all the vendors as well as the wedding party was much more complicated than we imagined. Issues came up daily. Laura was always available and got back to us quickly. Laura took them over and expertly designed a timeline that considered all players seamlessly. She knew we would be greeting many friends and family from out of town, and assured us that she would make sure we were present for all the important parts of the day, from cutting the cake to the first dance through the sparkler send-off. She fulfilled this promise. I lost count of the number of times I told vendors, the celebrant, close family, and the wedding party "Ask Laura" with full confidence that she would manage it. She even helped us at the end to gather the personal items we had brought for the wedding before we left! We had pictures, platters, an heirloom cake cutter, and vases. Nothing was left behind. I had misplaced my shoes after kicking them off to dance, and she got them back to me without even asking!

We received many compliments about this wedding, but the most important one by far was that we all seemed to be relaxed and having so much fun! The bride and groom were able to look beyond the details and focus on the commitment they were making to each other. Hiring Laura from Anticipation Events was easily the best decision we made in our planning process, and I recommend her without reservations.

Sent on 06/30/2019

Hilary Sager · Married on 06/08/2019

Best wedding planner!

Hiring Elizabeth was one of the best decisions that we made in the months leading up to our wedding. She was incredibly organized, thoughtful, and fun. She worked with us to create the wedding of our dreams. She went above and beyond in the month leading up to our wedding, contacting our vendors on our behalf and working with us to make sure every detail was what we wanted. The day went perfectly and it was in large part due to everything Elizabeth did. We can't thank the Anticipation Events team enough! It was so great working with Elizabeth and she really helped make the day special for us and made sure everything went smoothly. We highly recommend Elizabeth and the Anticipation Events team!

Sent on 06/10/2019

Erin Reddy · Married on 06/07/2019

Great for fusion weddings!

Elizabeth and the team at Anticipation Events were absolutely amazing! We had a fusion wedding with multiple events that incorporated both traditional and Indian elements. Elizabeth was amazing at learning about and implementing the unique cultural traditions for all of the events. She was always easily reachable and seemlessly guided us through every step of the planning process. On the weekend of our wedding, she very thoughtfully made sure everything went super smoothly! It was a pleasure to work with her and we can’t recommend her enough!

Sent on 02/15/2020

Allie · Married on 05/25/2019

Best Choice Ever

Hiring Anticipation Events was the best decision we could've made! Elizabeth and Journey were absolutely incredible. They handled so many emails, so much coordination, gave so much advice. And on the wedding day, they couldn't have been more helpful. We couldn't find our beautiful place cards the morning of the wedding and were panicking. Team AE was on it-- they reached out to the calligrapher (shoutout to Maison Blanche lettering, I highly recommend working with Christen!) who made the long drive to our venue. Once the cards were re-written, Team AE cut, hole punched, and attached the cards to our favors. My wife and I were so upset at the prospect of having no cards and Team AE made a miracle happen! They absolutely go above and beyond and on a personal note, they are just SO kind and funny. You'll feel like you're talking to a friend. Definitely reach out to them; you won't regret it!

Sent on 05/28/2019
  • Stephanie

Stephanie Ramirez · Married on 05/18/2019

Incredible experience with Anticipation Events!

My mom and mother-in-law met Laura, from AE about a year and a half before our wedding at an expo and immediately fell in love, so when my husband and I met with her a month later, we knew we would too.

From start to finish Laura made us feel at ease. Having a background in wedding and event planning myself, I know the details and stress that can go into the day, so finding someone to take on that role for me was incredibly important. I was also desperate to find someone who understood our vibe, relationship and could make us feel as though we would actually be able to celebrate the best day of our lives.

Laura went above and beyond in every aspect. If I was stuck on a vendor, needed recommendations, or was unsure of where to start, she was always communicative and helped me figure out the best route and helped us find our vibe while sticking to our budget. She was a best friend, a therapist, an angel, a negotiator and a calendar all wrapped up into one and we were so thankful to have had her in the lead up to our wedding, that day, and even after, as she transported goods home for us. Our wedding wouldn't have been complete without her.

Any wedding, in any location, of any size could benefit from month of coordination and Anticipation Events could not come more highly recommended from us. I'm only sad we don't get to plan a wedding with them every year!

Sent on 07/11/2019
  • Tanya

Tanya Ziyad · Married on 05/04/2019

Amazing Experience!

Laura Hayes made our wedding day as stress free as I could ever imagine a wedding day being. She helped with my sister’s wedding as well and we had to call her as soon as I had a date set. During the whole planning process, I had her to bounce ideas off and to break everything down so it wasn’t so overwhelming. She even calmed me down if I ever got too anxious. She made wedding planning enjoyable from start to finish. Laura made sure there was nothing we had to worry about the day of and even worked with all our vendors. She was the ring leader to our circus and I could not have asked for a better planner.

Sent on 08/13/2019
  • O

Oksana W · Married on 01/26/2019

10/10 Would Recommend

Elizabeth was a calming presence in a day filled with chaos. She made sure that we enjoyed our rehearsal dinner and wedding day by taking all the worry away. Elizabeth thought of EVERYTHING, including the little details you don’t even consider. She was kind and respectful to all vendors while managing the logistics with ease. If I can offer one piece of advice to those beginning the wedding planning process, Anticipation Events 100% worth every penny.

Sent on 11/18/2019

Claire Kelly · Married on 01/12/2019

Amazing! Cannot Recommend Enough!

Choose Anticipation Events! You will not regret it. We worked with Laura, and while we hired her as a month-of coordinator, she was there to support us and answer questions throughout the entire planning process. She was responsive, beyond competent, and professional in all areas. She took so much stress away, especially as we approached our wedding day - coordinating our other vendors, taking care of last-minute details, and keeping everything under control. On the day of our wedding, we had some unexpected situations - a few inches of blowing snow, some issues at our venue, and a fire alarm that went off during the reception. She got everyone where they needed to be, took care of every potential issue without us even knowing, and made sure that we all remained calm and happy. I recommend Anticipation Events, and Laura in particular, to anyone and everyone that is looking to be taken care of and supported for their event.

Sent on 02/01/2019
  • Nikki

Nikki Ouellette · Married on 11/03/2018

Salvage One Wedding - Month of Planning

Anticipation Events was recommended to me by a family member who is part of the wedding community in Chicago, they did not disappoint! Laura was our month of planner who provided us with great advice, was extremely organized, and took care of everything on the day of the wedding. My husband and I did not have much experience with weddings and Laura was there to answer all of our "dumb" questions, providing us with options and her recommendation based on our vision. I have a tendency to over think the little things and Laura brought me back on track. I would highly recommend their month of planning services, or just the day of coordination depending on your need!

Sent on 12/27/2018

Lauren W · Married on 10/06/2018

The most kind, professional, and simply fantastic folks in the biz

Anticipation Events (we worked with Elizabeth) was absolutely the best month-of coordinator we could have asked for. What I loved most was that not only are they fantastic when it comes to coordinating a ton of details but also, they do so with such grace and kindness. In the weeks leading up to our wedding, they confirmed every last detail with all of our vendors, including some last minute changes to the guest transportation, and I didn't have to worry about a thing. There was also a medical emergency during our wedding reception, which Elizabeth handled like a PRO. Hardly anyone knew that paramedics actually came in during dinner and whisked out my grandma to the nearest hospital. I can't thank AE and Elizabeth enough for being the most kind, professional folks in the biz. I would highly recommend to anyone seeking out a "day-of" coordinator.

Sent on 11/30/2018

Colleen Conrad · Married on 09/22/2018

Elizabeth is a dream!

Anticipation Events made our wedding day smooth and perfect! From the moment we met Elizabeth, we knew we were in good hands. She is organized, professional, patient, creative, and so kind! She took care of every detail for us, so we had time to actually enjoy every moment of our big day.

Sent on 11/24/2018

Christie · Married on 09/15/2018

We hired Anticipation Events for day-of-coordination for our wedding in September 2018 at Ovation Chicago. Elizabeth was so helpful explaining their services and the various options up front, and we signed with them immediately. Laura took over as our day-of-coordinator--she was fantastic to work with. She helped provide suggestions on vendors they have worked with (our officiant Jarrod was a phenomenal recommendation by Laura), and provided worksheets months in advance to help get us organized. The month of the wedding was when Laura really took charge. I felt far less anxious leading up to, and the day-of, because she was so organized, helpful and responsive. Our big weekend was scheduled down to the minute! Everything came together flawlessly. If you are on the fence about getting a day/month-of-coordinator, do it, and choose Anticipation Events. You won't regret it!

Sent on 10/12/2018

Brian · Married on 09/01/2018

We contracted Anticipation Events for our wedding planning for our Sept 1 wedding in Chicago. I knew Laura would be helpful, but wasn't expecting to be blown away by her organization, attentiveness, and overall interest and detailed involvement in orchestrating every last little detail. She thought of EVERYTHING, and made it super, super easy for us to enjoy the big day. All we had to do was show up - everything was perfectly organized and taken care of from start to finish. Our guests are all still raving about it being the best wedding they have ever been to. I can't say enough good things about my experience with Laura & Anticipation Events. We will be forever grateful, it was indeed the best day of our lives.
    Brian & Ivan

Sent on 09/07/2018

Ashlee · Married on 09/01/2018

Elizabeth is the real MVP

Elizabeth was so well organized, punctual, proactive, professional and soothing - our wedding would not have been nearly as fun without her. There are so many things she anticipated and had institutional knowledge for. Throughout the night she also checked on us, got us drinks, and even remembered to bring me a piece of cake (which I kept noting I really wanted to remember to do). She is such a nice, calm and soothing person, she helped to alleviate all of my crazy - which was invaluable. I can't thank Elizabeth enough and I would choose her all over again 100x over. She is really incredible.

Sent on 11/27/2018

Melanie M · Married on 06/09/2018

AE: The Help You Need

As an enthusiastic planner who had watched friends wrangle mediocre coordinators, I worried that hiring one for my own wedding would end up being a totally unnecessary expense. Elizabeth proved me SO wrong. Having Elizabeth as our month-of-coordinator was invaluable. She knew all the decisions that we needed to make but never would have though of until it was too late. She flawlessly managed a difficult relationship with our venue to the point that we were not even aware of some day-of challenges until after it was all over. And, in addition to the big things, she got all the small details- compiling the readings of our readers, mailing our license, taking things back to our house at the end of the night. We didn't worry about anything that night and get to have only fond memories of a flawless execution.

(This is also literally the only online review that I've ever left for anything, which is perhaps the greatest testament of how much we appreciated the services provide by AE.)

Sent on 11/24/2018
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 04/28/2018

We LOVE Anticipation Events!

If you're considering booking Anticipation Events for your wedding, DO IT! Hiring Laura as our day of coordinator was hands down the best wedding decision we made. Day of Coordinator is a bit of a misnomer, because Laura gave us so much help and advice long before our actual wedding day. She was an absolute delight to work with - knowledgeable, helpful, accessible, responsive, calm, and kind. It was WONDERFUL having an event expert we could reach out to with all our many questions during the planning process. Laura made sure we were on top of the million decisions we needed to make leading up to the wedding, and she put together an amazingly detailed minute-by-minute schedule for our day and wrangled all of our vendors so they knew exactly where to go and when to be there. When our wedding day came, we didn't need to worry about a thing. Laura and her team handled all of the day of logistics and made sure all our vendors were doing their thing. They also decorated our 100% DIY venue - I basically gave her a dozen boxes of decor and said "make it pretty," and WOW. They did an amazing job - our venue looked absolutely perfect and we got so many compliments from our guests. Bottom line, all we had to do the day of our wedding was show up, and everything was taken care of. My husband and I both agree that hiring AE was the best money we spent on the whole wedding. I promise you, the peace of mind you'll feel knowing someone has your back and is dealing with all of the issues that inevitably come up will make it worth every penny.

Sent on 01/12/2019

Abby · Married on 04/14/2018

Absolutely could not imagine our day without the help of Laura/Elizabeth. We initially didn't think we needed a day of coordinator, but once we met with Elizabeth (and subsequently Laura) we realized we couldn't pull everything off without them. Laura was amazing making sure we were set with vendors/confirmations, worked to make sure all of our questions were answered, and handled absolutely everything the day of so that we could sit back and relax knowing that the small details would be taken care of. I couldn't recommend working with AE more highly!

Sent on 04/16/2018
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 12/30/2017

Working with Aimee Webster and Anticipation Events was one of the BEST decisions we made during our wedding planning experience!!! They helped make the wedding beautiful and the day run smoothly. Aimee was phenomenal to work with as well!!! She is detail oriented, has great style and taste, and is just a wonderful person. Without hesitation I would recommend using Aimee and Anticipation Events to any bride/groom out there.

Sent on 04/11/2018

Jeremy · Married on 11/04/2017

If we could give more stars we would!! From our first meeting, to the last hug goodbye, working with Elizabeth was awesome!! Elizabeth was organized and kept us on track and helped us realize our vision. She would push back and would reel us in when we went too far and she helped us make the right decisions to maintain the look and experience we wanted. We were told many times that "it was one of the best weddings"...
    There was not a glitch during the entire evening and Elizabeth's minute by minute schedule was on point!!! She really took what was in our head and made it all happen. We would recommend her time and time again!!!

Sent on 12/02/2017

MARY · Married on 10/14/2017

Elizabeth is the absolute best. We had the most amazing wedding in October this year and so much of it is a direct result of working with Elizabeth and Anticipation Events. My now husband and I had a very unique, complex vision for our wedding and ceremony and Elizabeth nailed it and executed in a way bigger and better than our wildest dreams. She was also a dream to work with, both leading up to the wedding, calming us down and leading us in the right direction throughout the entire process. Elizabeth is extremely professional but we always felt comfortable working with her and asking her all of our silly questions. On the day, she made sure every thing went incredibly smoothly so we could relax and enjoy the day from start to finish. Our only regret was not involving Elizabeth earlier in the process. She is a rockstar. Do not hesitate - work with Anticipation Events and have the best day of your life!

Sent on 12/21/2017