Anticipation Events Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2012 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2011 Winner

• Brad
    Brad V. Married on 11/06/2021

The perfect fit to pull off the wedding we dreamed of

Anticipation Events came as a late recommendation to us. After only a few minutes on our intro call it was very clear Elizabeth and her team were going to be the perfect fit to help pull off exactly what we envisioned for our wedding. The budget and schedule were spot on from the start so we all knew what to expect and could be accountable and focus on creating a memorable experience for us and our guests. Sharing the lead and at times fully trusting Elizabeth's experience, creativity, and talent to direct the execution made for a flawless celebration. Thank you Anticipation Events!
  • Amber
    Amber J. Married on 10/08/2021

Pandemic Wedding: Backyard Bliss

I am a control freak. I repeat, I love control & I love planning events. To release control of an event, geared for me, seemed UNIMAGINABLE. But now, I was planning my wedding, and not just any wedding, a covid wedding in my own backyard.

I knew I needed a coordinator, I knew it would be worth it, but it did not fully hit until the day after my wedding just how different my wedding would have been if it wasn't for Elizabeth & Anticipation Events.

Imagine your wedding day, imagine wanting to relax, but as the bride everyone asks you questions - nope not with Elizabeth. Imagine having to make random strange decisions - but instead just letting someone else do it & know it will be a-okay. Imagine coming home after your wedding to every little thing picked up, organized, locked up. Imagine being on the dance floor wanting a drink but not wanting to leave - wait suddenly theres a beverage in your hand! Imagine trying to delegate those tasks to your friends/family and GUESTS of the wedding who should be there to fully enjoy and celebrate WITH you.

The best choice I have made was to give up control and give it to Elizabeth. You can trust her and her team. You can rest assured that she is aware of what will stress you out and she protects you from all of the small things that will happen (and they do) but you would never know - because BAM she just DOES it.

Thank you so much to the little elf behind the scenes who made our wedding day one we will forever remember as a day of celebration. xx
  • Carmelle
    Carmelle R. Married on 09/25/2021

AE is the Best

Anticipation Events (Elizabeth, Laura and Esther) were a fabulous team to work with from start to finish. Our wedding, like many others, had to be postponed from Sept 2020 to Sept 2021. It was great to have a group of people working with us who always had our best interests at heart and tried to ease the stress and anxiety of planning such a big event during a pandemic. They were thoughtful, detail oriented, rolled with all the punches and created a beautiful and timeless event. Charlie and I loved every minute of our wedding weekend/day. We can't say thank you enough times. Make no hesitation in choosing to work with them!
    Erika L. Married on 09/18/2021

Elizabeth provided us with expert guidance, attention to every detail and professionalism so that we could enjoy every minute!

As out of state parents of the bride there were so many pieces in the air for our daughter's wedding. Our daughter and son-in-law to be were working non-stop and when we hired Elizabeth we immediately knew we were in the best hands possible.

Elizabeth provided details on calls with all of us, provided the most incredible time-lines and never missed one item. She transitioned us to the week of the wedding, her professionalism at the rehearsal was outstanding and on the day of the wedding Elizabeth's demeanor was one of calmness and joy.

We were able to enjoy every minute since Elizabeth took care of everything. Our guests remarked that she gracefully handled and checked in with all.

We think of Elizabeth more as a great friend who we trusted with the best day ever! We cannot recommend her highly enough.
  • Melia
    Melia L. Married on 09/18/2021

The best in the business!

Elizabeth and her team at Anticipation Events are the absolute best in the business. Elizabeth brought such organization and calm to the day so that we could enjoy every minute. From the moment that we first talked about our vision for the day (two years prior!), she immediately understood, and everything that was executed on the special day had that underlying thread.

Elizabeth made me feel special and cared for as a Bride, making sure my opinions were heard and our vendors understood what we wanted out of the day. From detailed timelines, to ensuring that I had wine and water throughout the evening, to putting together a dessert platter for our hotel room, Elizabeth and her team truly thought of everything. There wasn’t a moment that I was worried about a single detail because I knew Elizabeth would execute it flawlessly.

My husband and I are so thrilled - if we could do it again, our first move would be to hire Anticipation Events! Elizabeth and her team are professional, organized, and so, so caring.
  • Sarah
    Sarah Married on 09/03/2021

Top Notch Wedding Planners in Chicago!

My husband and I used Anticipation Events as our month of coordinator, and we are so grateful for Elizabeth and her team. Like many other COVID couples, we had to deal with delays and many uncertainties throughout the wedding planning process, and Elizabeth guided us patiently along the way. AE was incredibly organized, reliable, and easy to work with, and any couple would be lucky to work with them.

In the few weeks leading up to the wedding, Elizabeth was very proactive in reaching out to all vendors and partners, getting all contracts and final payments squared away, and providing general tips and guidance on how to stay calm during the wedding weekend. From managing email communications, coordinating the entire day-of schedule down to the 15 minute interval, and making sure we were well fed (and never without a drink in hand) the entire night of our wedding, we truly could not have gotten hitched without their help. We are so thankful for her and her team, and would recommend their services to anyone!
  • Ellen
    Ellen N. Married on 08/13/2021

Book them now!

I know I’m biased here but that was the best wedding I’ve ever been too (haha)! I never expected to feel so cool calm and collected on the day of our wedding, but I knew everything was going to go smoothly with Laura’s oversight. I didn’t have anything to worry about because everything was well organized and every detail was covered. Anticipation helped us through not only one but TWO postponements due to covid restrictions. Because of this we got to be friends for a lot longer than expected, which I am NOT mad about. Aside from all the regular wedding tasks and then postponement undertaking, 6 weeks before our wedding our caterer threw us a curveball. Laura and Anticipation immediately jumped to the rescue with available back up caterers (luckily we didn't need them) and got on a 3 way call with us and the caterer to work it all out to a reasonable compromise. I would not have felt so confident during this hiccup without this awesome team to back us up! I will forever sing anticipation praises to anyone who will listen!

Anticipation Events's reply:

You're the best! Thank you for your kind words and for being so lovely throughout a very trying year. Was oh-so worth the wait!
    Gabrielle Married on 08/06/2021

Best decision I made (besides my husband lol)

Anticipation Events was the best decision I ever made. Newly engaged brides— the month leading up to your wedding, no matter how organized of a planner you are, you will be SO overwhelmed that having a team to keep everything together will allow you to be 100% present at your wedding. Lets not forget that we were working together throughout Covid-19. I rescheduled twice and AE was so helpful and accommodating. I know it was difficult for them as a small company but they really made the best out of a horrible situation and I don’t know I would have done this without them.

Aimee was phenomenal. Every single detail that was important to me was accomplished. She also is a beast at following up with vendors! Many of our friends were part of our vendor team and they commented on how committed Aimee was to making sure everyone had what they needed. They joked about the long email threads but these are creative minded individuals that needed to be kept on their toes and Aimee did just that. Nothing fell through the cracks. It. Was. Flawless.

And the best part- she brought all of our decor including boxed meals from the wedding and all the desserts to our condo for us the following day! When you work so hard on the menu, you want to experience it yourself and it Was so amazing to have our wedding dinner with all the desserts the next day.

Anticipation Events's reply:

Yay! Was the perfect day after a really long and trying year! Disco balls FOR LIFE! :) Many happy returns (and GF dessert spreads) for years and years to come!
    Heidi K. Married on 07/31/2020

The absolute best!

Elizabeth and her team are beyond fantastic. They got us through 3 date changes from covid, yes 3. Elizabeth’s attention to detail is unparalleled and the way she anticipated anything that could have taken away from our joy that day is remarkable. After working with her and the team I can truly say they live up to their name. Don’t wait and book her now, best money we spent.
  • Bridget
    Bridget H. Married on 05/08/2020

Invaluable Service! The Perfect Wedding thanks to this team!

Anticipation Events was some of the best money we spent! From vendor management before and after, to creating a timeline (and ensuring everyone kept to it!) on the big day, to ensuring that myself and my husband and our families had everything we needed, the list goes on! Everything went absolutely perfect thanks to them. I truly don't know what we would have done without Anticipation Events. There were points in the night where my drink was almost empty, and another one would magically appear from Elizabeth or her staff so I never had to leave the dance floor. There was another moment where my husband was about to take off his jacket, and one of them appeared out of nowhere to take it! You cannot put a value on service like that on your wedding night. It's hard to articulate how many little details there are to keep track of on your wedding day, and it's so important to have someone else (outside of your friends or family) worry about them for you. Don't pass up the opportunity to work with this team!
    Sarah M. Married on 09/28/2019

Great work!

Elizabeth was quickly responsive, helpful, organized, and patient. I would recommend her and her team!
    Samantha H. Married on 09/01/2019

Hire them!

This is the first review I’ve ever written on wedding wire and likely my only one but I need to share how amazing this company is. We worked with Elizabeth and Aimee for our wedding at Thalia Hall in Chicago this past Labor Day. They were incredible. I am very Type A and planned most of the wedding myself and thought I’d have a hard time handing over control to someone else. This was not the case at all once I saw how organized and proactive Aimee was. She responded to every email, took initiative, and immersed herself in every detail, no matter how small. The team was so competent and delightful and the day of the event could not have gone smoother. If you’re debating hiring them and they have availability on your wedding date, just do it. They were amazing.
  • I
    Izabel Z. Married on 08/24/2019

Would Have Died....

I would have died without Elizabeth. I have to admit that planning a wedding was one of the worst experiences I've ever had in my life BUT because of Elizabeth I made it through and honestly had THEE most perfect day. Elizabeth was insanely quick to respond to anything I needed, and also there to just be supportive during stressful moments. She was there during breakdowns, fights, etc. On the day of, it felt as though I didn't have to worry about a single thing- she made sure everything was taken care of and told me where to go and what to do. It was perfection - my day was absolutely flawless because of Elizabeth and the team at AE. They are incredible and worth every single penny- trust me!!
    Kathi C. Married on 06/18/2019

Exceeded all expectations!

We worked with Aimee for Day of Planning and could not have been happier! I have planned a lot of events, including our other daughter's wedding, so did not think I needed a planner. Our venue really thought we should hire someone. I do not regret the decision at all. Aimee was a joy and the day was flawless. I wish we could give her 10 stars!
  • Mary
    Mary Married on 06/15/2019

Our Best Decision!

We hired Laura Hayes for month-of-planning for our only daughter's wedding, and it made all the difference in having a wonderful event that we were able to fully enjoy ourselves. This was our first wedding to plan, and we were attempting to do it from out of state. I tend to prefer to handle details myself, but I knew I would not be able to appreciate her wedding if I took that role.

We chose the month of planning option with the addition of assistance finding 3 vendors. Laura assisted us in navigating the multitude of vendors Chicago has to offer and matched us with options that fulfilled our daughter's style and budget. We began the actual month of coordination at a meeting with our caterer, the wedding venue staff, the parents, and the bride and groom. Laura began planning the timeline from this moment. There were unforeseen misunderstandings with the venue and the caterer regarding some food and table options as well as parking. Laura took those issues on and solved them. The timeline involving all the vendors as well as the wedding party was much more complicated than we imagined. Issues came up daily. Laura was always available and got back to us quickly. Laura took them over and expertly designed a timeline that considered all players seamlessly. She knew we would be greeting many friends and family from out of town, and assured us that she would make sure we were present for all the important parts of the day, from cutting the cake to the first dance through the sparkler send-off. She fulfilled this promise. I lost count of the number of times I told vendors, the celebrant, close family, and the wedding party "Ask Laura" with full confidence that she would manage it. She even helped us at the end to gather the personal items we had brought for the wedding before we left! We had pictures, platters, an heirloom cake cutter, and vases. Nothing was left behind. I had misplaced my shoes after kicking them off to dance, and she got them back to me without even asking!

We received many compliments about this wedding, but the most important one by far was that we all seemed to be relaxed and having so much fun! The bride and groom were able to look beyond the details and focus on the commitment they were making to each other. Hiring Laura from Anticipation Events was easily the best decision we made in our planning process, and I recommend her without reservations.
    Hilary S. Married on 06/08/2019

Best wedding planner!

Hiring Elizabeth was one of the best decisions that we made in the months leading up to our wedding. She was incredibly organized, thoughtful, and fun. She worked with us to create the wedding of our dreams. She went above and beyond in the month leading up to our wedding, contacting our vendors on our behalf and working with us to make sure every detail was what we wanted. The day went perfectly and it was in large part due to everything Elizabeth did. We can't thank the Anticipation Events team enough! It was so great working with Elizabeth and she really helped make the day special for us and made sure everything went smoothly. We highly recommend Elizabeth and the Anticipation Events team!
    Erin R. Married on 06/07/2019

Great for fusion weddings!

Elizabeth and the team at Anticipation Events were absolutely amazing! We had a fusion wedding with multiple events that incorporated both traditional and Indian elements. Elizabeth was amazing at learning about and implementing the unique cultural traditions for all of the events. She was always easily reachable and seemlessly guided us through every step of the planning process. On the weekend of our wedding, she very thoughtfully made sure everything went super smoothly! It was a pleasure to work with her and we can’t recommend her enough!
    Allie Married on 05/25/2019

Best Choice Ever

Hiring Anticipation Events was the best decision we could've made! Elizabeth and Journey were absolutely incredible. They handled so many emails, so much coordination, gave so much advice. And on the wedding day, they couldn't have been more helpful. We couldn't find our beautiful place cards the morning of the wedding and were panicking. Team AE was on it-- they reached out to the calligrapher (shoutout to Maison Blanche lettering, I highly recommend working with Christen!) who made the long drive to our venue. Once the cards were re-written, Team AE cut, hole punched, and attached the cards to our favors. My wife and I were so upset at the prospect of having no cards and Team AE made a miracle happen! They absolutely go above and beyond and on a personal note, they are just SO kind and funny. You'll feel like you're talking to a friend. Definitely reach out to them; you won't regret it!
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie R. Married on 05/18/2019

Incredible experience with Anticipation Events!

My mom and mother-in-law met Laura, from AE about a year and a half before our wedding at an expo and immediately fell in love, so when my husband and I met with her a month later, we knew we would too.

From start to finish Laura made us feel at ease. Having a background in wedding and event planning myself, I know the details and stress that can go into the day, so finding someone to take on that role for me was incredibly important. I was also desperate to find someone who understood our vibe, relationship and could make us feel as though we would actually be able to celebrate the best day of our lives.

Laura went above and beyond in every aspect. If I was stuck on a vendor, needed recommendations, or was unsure of where to start, she was always communicative and helped me figure out the best route and helped us find our vibe while sticking to our budget. She was a best friend, a therapist, an angel, a negotiator and a calendar all wrapped up into one and we were so thankful to have had her in the lead up to our wedding, that day, and even after, as she transported goods home for us. Our wedding wouldn't have been complete without her.

Any wedding, in any location, of any size could benefit from month of coordination and Anticipation Events could not come more highly recommended from us. I'm only sad we don't get to plan a wedding with them every year!
  • Tanya
    Tanya Z. Married on 05/04/2019

Amazing Experience!

Laura Hayes made our wedding day as stress free as I could ever imagine a wedding day being. She helped with my sister’s wedding as well and we had to call her as soon as I had a date set. During the whole planning process, I had her to bounce ideas off and to break everything down so it wasn’t so overwhelming. She even calmed me down if I ever got too anxious. She made wedding planning enjoyable from start to finish. Laura made sure there was nothing we had to worry about the day of and even worked with all our vendors. She was the ring leader to our circus and I could not have asked for a better planner.
  • O
    Oksana Married on 01/26/2019

10/10 Would Recommend

Elizabeth was a calming presence in a day filled with chaos. She made sure that we enjoyed our rehearsal dinner and wedding day by taking all the worry away. Elizabeth thought of EVERYTHING, including the little details you don’t even consider. She was kind and respectful to all vendors while managing the logistics with ease. If I can offer one piece of advice to those beginning the wedding planning process, Anticipation Events 100% worth every penny.
    Claire K. Married on 01/12/2019

Amazing! Cannot Recommend Enough!

Choose Anticipation Events! You will not regret it. We worked with Laura, and while we hired her as a month-of coordinator, she was there to support us and answer questions throughout the entire planning process. She was responsive, beyond competent, and professional in all areas. She took so much stress away, especially as we approached our wedding day - coordinating our other vendors, taking care of last-minute details, and keeping everything under control. On the day of our wedding, we had some unexpected situations - a few inches of blowing snow, some issues at our venue, and a fire alarm that went off during the reception. She got everyone where they needed to be, took care of every potential issue without us even knowing, and made sure that we all remained calm and happy. I recommend Anticipation Events, and Laura in particular, to anyone and everyone that is looking to be taken care of and supported for their event.
  • Nikki
    Nikki O. Married on 11/03/2018

Salvage One Wedding - Month of Planning

Anticipation Events was recommended to me by a family member who is part of the wedding community in Chicago, they did not disappoint! Laura was our month of planner who provided us with great advice, was extremely organized, and took care of everything on the day of the wedding. My husband and I did not have much experience with weddings and Laura was there to answer all of our "dumb" questions, providing us with options and her recommendation based on our vision. I have a tendency to over think the little things and Laura brought me back on track. I would highly recommend their month of planning services, or just the day of coordination depending on your need!
    Lauren Married on 10/06/2018

The most kind, professional, and simply fantastic folks in the biz

Anticipation Events (we worked with Elizabeth) was absolutely the best month-of coordinator we could have asked for. What I loved most was that not only are they fantastic when it comes to coordinating a ton of details but also, they do so with such grace and kindness. In the weeks leading up to our wedding, they confirmed every last detail with all of our vendors, including some last minute changes to the guest transportation, and I didn't have to worry about a thing. There was also a medical emergency during our wedding reception, which Elizabeth handled like a PRO. Hardly anyone knew that paramedics actually came in during dinner and whisked out my grandma to the nearest hospital. I can't thank AE and Elizabeth enough for being the most kind, professional folks in the biz. I would highly recommend to anyone seeking out a "day-of" coordinator.
    Colleen C. Married on 09/22/2018

Elizabeth is a dream!

Anticipation Events made our wedding day smooth and perfect! From the moment we met Elizabeth, we knew we were in good hands. She is organized, professional, patient, creative, and so kind! She took care of every detail for us, so we had time to actually enjoy every moment of our big day.