Anticipation Events Reviews

83 | Chicago, IL

83 Reviews for Anticipation Events

83 Anticipation Events Reviews

Christie · Married on 09/15/2018

We hired Anticipation Events for day-of-coordination for our wedding in September 2018 at Ovation Chicago. Elizabeth was so helpful explaining their services and the various options up front, and we signed with them immediately. Laura took over as our day-of-coordinator--she was fantastic to work with. She helped provide suggestions on vendors they have worked with (our officiant Jarrod was a phenomenal recommendation by Laura), and provided worksheets months in advance to help get us organized. The month of the wedding was when Laura really took charge. I felt far less anxious leading up to, and the day-of, because she was so organized, helpful and responsive. Our big weekend was scheduled down to the minute! Everything came together flawlessly. If you are on the fence about getting a day/month-of-coordinator, do it, and choose Anticipation Events. You won't regret it!

Brian · Married on 09/01/2018

We contracted Anticipation Events for our wedding planning for our Sept 1 wedding in Chicago. I knew Laura would be helpful, but wasn't expecting to be blown away by her organization, attentiveness, and overall interest and detailed involvement in orchestrating every last little detail. She thought of EVERYTHING, and made it super, super easy for us to enjoy the big day. All we had to do was show up - everything was perfectly organized and taken care of from start to finish. Our guests are all still raving about it being the best wedding they have ever been to. I can't say enough good things about my experience with Laura & Anticipation Events. We will be forever grateful, it was indeed the best day of our lives.
    Brian & Ivan

Abby · Married on 04/14/2018

Absolutely could not imagine our day without the help of Laura/Elizabeth. We initially didn't think we needed a day of coordinator, but once we met with Elizabeth (and subsequently Laura) we realized we couldn't pull everything off without them. Laura was amazing making sure we were set with vendors/confirmations, worked to make sure all of our questions were answered, and handled absolutely everything the day of so that we could sit back and relax knowing that the small details would be taken care of. I couldn't recommend working with AE more highly!

• Katie

Katie · Married on 12/30/2017

Working with Aimee Webster and Anticipation Events was one of the BEST decisions we made during our wedding planning experience!!! They helped make the wedding beautiful and the day run smoothly. Aimee was phenomenal to work with as well!!! She is detail oriented, has great style and taste, and is just a wonderful person. Without hesitation I would recommend using Aimee and Anticipation Events to any bride/groom out there.

MARY · Married on 10/14/2017

Elizabeth is the absolute best. We had the most amazing wedding in October this year and so much of it is a direct result of working with Elizabeth and Anticipation Events. My now husband and I had a very unique, complex vision for our wedding and ceremony and Elizabeth nailed it and executed in a way bigger and better than our wildest dreams. She was also a dream to work with, both leading up to the wedding, calming us down and leading us in the right direction throughout the entire process. Elizabeth is extremely professional but we always felt comfortable working with her and asking her all of our silly questions. On the day, she made sure every thing went incredibly smoothly so we could relax and enjoy the day from start to finish. Our only regret was not involving Elizabeth earlier in the process. She is a rockstar. Do not hesitate - work with Anticipation Events and have the best day of your life!

Anticipation Events 7
    Anticipation Events 8

Megan · Married on 09/23/2017

5/5 Stars for sure! If we could, we would give them 6 stars. We worked with Laura and Jenna, and they blew away all expectations. It was the best investment of our wedding. Laura was extremely helpful and responsive throughout the entire process, and gave us much needed guidance and good advice whenever we asked. Jenna was on site the day of the wedding, and she made sure that both myself, my husband and my parents didn't have to focus on a single detail so we could just enjoy the day. Everything went off without a hitch. I would recommend Anticipation Events to anyone. Quality of service, responsiveness, professionalism, value and flexibility, all 6/5 stars. Thanks so much guys, you were truly the best of the best. XX, Meg and Nick

Kaitlyn · Married on 09/23/2017

I wasn't sure if I needed a wedding planner as I started this process. I thought that I would be able to figure it all out on my own, but decided to look into it just in case. We went with day of coordination with AE after meeting with Elizabeth one-on-one. She has done weddings at our venue, Camp Wandawega, before which was a huge relief as it's unique in some ways. She was very knowledgeable and reassuring, as well as good at alerting us to areas in which we have been overlooking or thinking we could all on our own. We were later connected with Aimee who was our go-to person as we neared the wedding day. She was professional, delightfully full of energy and positive, while also being assertive in getting things moving, which is so incredibly necessary for a wedding day/weekend to happen smoothly. It was so reassuring to know we had this team with us. As with most weddings, we hit some unexpected bumps (e.g., 95 in late September anybody?) and they were on it before I could even ask. I had some issues with my mother the day of the wedding and both Aimee and Elizabeth took my hands and said tell me what you need and I'll take care of it, one of those things was making a last-minute bouquet. You really can't imagine the amount of work and thoughtfulness they put into these weddings...and when I say work, I mean WORK. I will never forget the image of Aimee slamming giant ice bags onto the concrete ground trying to make ice for cocktails while also coordinating the next part of the event. I was in awe. Listen, bottom line: If you're thinking you don't need a wedding planner, or at the very least a day of coordinator, you're wrong...and if you think you have someone else in mind, dont. AE is where it's at. Forever grateful for their help. I would have been lost without them.

Shannon · Married on 07/08/2017

To be honest… I was on the fence about needing someone for day of coordination, and I really wasn’t sure if the added expense was necessary. As a bride, you think you can do it all and that you have every detail planned out so what’s the use. Well looking back on my wedding a couple weeks ago, I am so glad I had Laura from Anticipation Events there with me that day. Leading up to the wedding, she was there to answer any questions I had, she drafted a timeline down to the minute, she came with to our final walkthrough at the venue, and she helped out tremendously at the rehearsal. The week of the wedding she confirmed everything with my vendors, and really eased the majority of the stress that I was feeling. I was able to give her everything that had to be set up in advance, as well as all of the payments and tips for the vendors. I didn’t have to think about anything the day of which was so nice. When it came time for the ceremony, Laura had everything under control. I’m pretty sure the priest was 15 minutes late, but I had no idea because Laura handled it all. When we got to the reception venue, everything was set up exactly how I had planned it. Laura made sure everyone knew what they were doing and when. At the end of the night, I was expecting to have to help gather centerpieces or the other items we had brought into the venue. It was so nice… Laura sent me and my husband back to the hotel and took care of everything. If any of you brides haven’t considered or are on the fence about using a day of coordinator DO IT! It will be the best money you spend for your day. They say you can’t plan for the random mishaps that might occur that day… but if you hire Laura and Anticipation Events I wouldn’t be worried at all.

Micah · Married on 07/01/2017

It's hard to put into words just how much love I have for Anticipation Events. My mom and I initially met Laura at Indie Wed about a year before my wedding and instantly knew that this was a woman we wanted to work with. She was so warm, engaging and overall just down to earth. She's someone you want by your side during the stressful weeks leading up to the wedding and running things like a boss day of (cue a Beyoncé playlist).

Let's face it, planning a wedding is hard... especially when you've never done it before. Laura is so well immersed in the industry and always had awesome solutions and recommendations that helped us throughout the planning process. We're so grateful for Laura and her willingness to go above and beyond to make our day extra special.

And to Elizabeth... you are a true badass and an inspiration to business owners, interior designers and dog moms everywhere. Thank you for staying true to yourself and what your company stands for.

Fangirl out.

Colleen · Married on 06/10/2017

We used Anticipation Events for full coordination services for our large June 2017 wedding and from the moment we met Elizabeth we felt so lucky that she was going to help navigate this journey with us. As we moved though planning and decision making her guidance and attention were invaluable. Not only did she help us make sure we were going to have a spectacular party but they did it in a way that balanced our feelings of the current state of the world and our desire to be wildly, ridiculously, and obliviously happy. She took the time to get to know us and was able to suggest vendors that truly matched our personalities, style, and budget.
    Elizabeth and Team AE wrangled vendors, families, and at times emotions. They made sure that everything was organized and calm in the run up to the big day and set to impress on the day. On the day, it felt like we were in full control yet not responsible for anything other than our own enjoyment. It truly felt like we threw a party but didn't have to do the dishes afterward! Plus they assisted with a surprise hot dog delivery to the groom's father mid toast like it was a well-rehearsed, I mean, does it get better?

April · Married on 06/03/2017

Out of everything we spent money on for our wedding, the ‘day-of’ coordinator from Anticipation Events was –by far- our best investment!
    It turns out that the ‘day-of’ coordinator package is really a MONTH-OF coordinator. This is the most perfect situation I could have asked for.
    Having an extra person on your team during this time, that you can lean on for anything and everything, is just plain ESSENTIAL.
    I can’t imagine how I would have pulled it all together without working with Anticipation Events.
    Our coordinator was Aimee. She spent a massive amount of time learning about everything that I had already put together and everything that I still needed to tackle.
    Aimee was incredible. For the entire month she was totally available for me- via phone, email, and text. She always replied quickly with the most helpful information and was totally lovely while doing so.
    She took so many overwhelming details off my plate.
    One of the biggest things that she took care of was making sure the timeline for the day went smoothly. I was able to let go of all the event logistics and just ENJOY the day!! I didn’t worry once about anything because I trusted her completely. She made sure everything went exactly as we discussed.
    I literally could go on and on.
    Working with Aimee was such a dream come true. I honestly believe that my wedding wouldn’t have been half as amazing without her. She is a total wedding super hero.
    Do yourself a massive favor and hire Anticipation Events!

Meg · Married on 04/21/2017

If you decide to have a wedding planner or day of coordinator -this is your dream team. If you're not sure about getting a planner or coordinator, as we were in the same boat, let me tell you, Anticipation Events will be up there with the best, if not the best money well spent on your wedding. From the moment I met Elizabeth I thought "this is a chic I could hang out with. But also, a vendor I can totally trust." I think the best advice I can give in the wedding planning process is finding vendors you feel totally comfortable with and match your style. These women were just that for us. Laura was our day of planner and after meeting Elizabeth I was worried I wouldn't jive as well with someone else. Laura was amazing!! Elizabeth paired her with us because she had worked at our venue in the past and knew it well-so smart. I never had to seek her out during the day for anything-It was like she was always reading my mind! From the very beginning, she made the process super streamlined with a timeline and asking all the essential questions without overloading or causing stress. My husband was hesitant to spend the money on a day of coordinator. The morning after he said, "Laura was phenomenal. I'm so glad we decided to work with her and her team." Laura handled so many things the night of our wedding that we didn't get full info on until after-as it should be-she only told us things we absolutely needed to know so that we could enjoy the night. We spent the entire night on the dance floor and I truly believe we wouldn't have been able to do that without Laura. Even our parents commented on how wonderful Laura was. Elizabeth even showed up to say hello during the reception! Such a class act these ladies are. You'll be so thankful you chose them!

Sarah · Married on 01/28/2017

Elizabeth is like someone else said "the best friend you never had". I wanted to work with Elizabeth years ago when I started seeing her work -- unlike so many other coordinators, the range of her work is so eclectic! She does DIY barn weddings, glamorous ballroom weddings, cool city-vibe loft weddings and so much more. As a wannabe wedding planner, I planned my wedding top to bottom but knew I needed someone to bounce questions and ideas off of, as well as fully execute my vision the day of the actual celebration, so we hired Elizabeth as our day-of coordinator. Elizabeth made it happen for me, she truly made my dreams come true. It was such a thrill being my own wedding planner and stylist, but that could have never happened if I didn't have Elizabeth as my "boots on the ground". She is the best. When you're getting married, you have more important things to be worrying about then making sure the easels are set up and the place cards are where they are supposed to be. Let Elizabeth help you -- she's a total pro and will faithfully execute your vision just as you would (or better!). One of the best decisions we ever made was having Elizabeth around on our wedding day, we are truly grateful for all the time and energy she put in to make our day absolutely perfect. Thank you for coordinating our day, dear Elizabeth!

Lindsey · Married on 01/21/2017

We held our wedding was in Chicago, but we live in New York. There were only two ways we could have successfully planned a wedding from such a long distance: 1) hold it at a generic “wedding factory” where we picked from cookie-cutter packages OR 2) work with someone like Elizabeth at Anticipation Events who is so professional, knowledgeable and easy to work with that we could plan and pull-off a wedding full of personal touches at the perfect location for us.

Elizabeth was our scout, our sounding board, our calming voice and our shield from all the stress big weddings can provide. When we first contacted Elizabeth we had a lot of ideas: photographers, food, transportation, décor… She helped us turn these ideas into a concrete plan that was executed better than we could have imagined.

No detail was too small for her attention and no big task was too daunting for her to take on. It is clear that Elizabeth has successfully coordinated weddings and events for hundreds of people, but we never felt like we were on the backburner or just another one of her clients. She approached planning our wedding with the same care that we would expect of a trusted friend.

Anticipation Events is one of the most respected planning companies in Chicago and we can see why. We would highly recommend them to anyone we meet.

grace · Married on 01/14/2017

Working with Elizabeth and Anticipation Events was one of the best decisions we made while planning our wedding! My husband and I are admittedly hard to please. We work in the design industry so we're that extra annoying combo of type-a with very specific tastes, but we're also kind of artsy so we foresaw getting pretty stressed if we had to engage with every detail of our wedding. What all that means is we needed to find someone whose taste was on-point, was more organized than us, and who knew when to pull us in for decisions vs when to make the call. Elizabeth was that person- and the wedding turned out better than we could have hoped. Elizabeth was both our day-of coordinator (everything went VERY smoothly) ,and helped us plan for about 4 months leading up to our big day. She took the time to understand our vision, and removed all the bumps in headaches on the road to helping us achieve it. Highly recommended.

Amy · Married on 12/10/2016

My husband and I hired Anticipation Events for day-of coordination for our wedding and I'll say here what we tell everyone: hiring AE was the best money we spent on the entire wedding. Elizabeth (the owner) met us at a bar near our house soon after our inquiry. Not only did she answer all of our questions and lay out exactly what day-of coordination would entail (a LOT more than we expected- day-of coordination includes major work before the wedding on their part), but she took an interest in us and our wedding. We felt very confident about AE from that first meeting. We worked with Laura because she had coordinated other weddings at our venue (Kitchen Chicago- also fantastic!) and she was just as incredible as Elizabeth. Laura was superbly detail-oriented, kind, enthusiastic, and helpful through every stage of the process. Laura (and Elizabeth) also developed our idea for a hot chocolate bar for the wedding, did every piece of coordination with the vendor, and literally chose the best hot chocolate I've ever had. It was a hit of the wedding! We trusted Laura 100% and knew that she would make everything work out. We were truly able to enjoy every minute of our wedding day because of Laura. We cannot recommend AE highly enough!

Christina · Married on 09/03/2016

I echo all the reviews already on the page for Anticipation Events and I wish I could give them six stars for Value & Quality. Elizabeth and Laura were fantastic to work with throughout the planning of my wedding. They were always ready with answers to my random questions and their day-of coordination took a huge weight off my shoulders. They made sure everything was perfect down to the last detail. When she found out I was planning to stamp and organize all of my place cards the night before my wedding, Laura was quick to take that responsibility off my plate which allowed me to fully enjoy my welcome reception with my family & friends . I can't say enough about AE. If you haven't hired them yet, what are you waiting for?

Lauren · Married on 09/03/2016

Aimee and Elizabeth were such a pleasure to work with. As a bride planning a wedding, I wasn't expecting to feel overwhelmed or stressed with all the detail/time/effort it takes (a little naive), but thankfully Aimee was there with me every step of the way to make sure the wedding day (and everything leading to that special day) went as smooth as possible. Aimee is so kind and thoughtful and was eager to help in every way possible, going above and beyond my expectations. Highly recommend!

Emma · Married on 08/14/2016

Elizabeth is the best friend you never had. The really organized one with limitless creative ideas, funny quips and a vision to make your event the most beautiful and fun event imaginable. I cannot speak her team's praises highly enough. From the get go she thought of things I never would have and made me and my family feel like we were her only clients. I was able to relax the entire morning before my wedding knowing that the Anticipation Events team had everything covered.

Deanna · Married on 07/23/2016

Hiring "Anticipation Events" was one of the best decisions we made during our wedding planning process. We found Elizabeth on Wedding Wire and reached out to her about a year before our wedding. From the very beginning, Elizabeth was warm, engaging, and relaxed. We chose to hire her for "Day-of-Coordinating-Plus" since we were getting married at an unconventional location and wanted to have assistance both on the day and in the lead up to the wedding. Elizabeth was our go-to person throughout our planning process for vendor questions, vendor coordination, and advice on organizing the ceremony and reception. When we were struggling to contact one of our vendors, Elizabeth stepped in and reduced our anxiety by managing communication with that vendor and succeeded in getting all of our questions answered. Additionally, Elizabeth reviewed all our contracts, assisted us with creating a day-of-timeline, and ran our entire rehearsal. When it came time for our wedding, Elizabeth was incredibly attentive and thoughtful. The weather was far from cooperative (very hot and then very very rainy) and Elizabeth worked like a champ to make sure everything went smoothly. She picked up a few forgotten items on her way in, set up for our reception in the pouring rain, problem-solved our delayed ceremony, and still somehow had time to check-in on our well-being. She was attentive during our reception- even when I asked her to help me cut off the bottom of my very muddy dress. I seriously can't imagine a better person to work with on your wedding day! I've already recommended her to a few friends!

Kim · Married on 07/10/2016

Anticipation Events was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. They helped with the day-of coordination, and Aimee and Elizabeth made our wedding come together perfectly. They implemented all of the details that I had coordinated and were on top of everything. They also thought of all the questions to ask that I didn't. They took a huge weight off my shoulders and helped make everything go smoothly. It was so nice to take the day-of stress and coordination off me and my family so we could just enjoy everything. I can't recommend them highly enough! They were seriously the best!!

Jenna · Married on 09/05/2015

We booked AE for week and day-of assistance for our at-home backyard wedding with 250 guests. We thought we were organized and timely, but Elizabeth and her Team took it to a whole new level! From last-minute decorating to timeline executing, they were an essential part of our "big day." We couldn't have done it without you! Oh, and they have a great network of trusty and talented vendors to recommend! Thanks AE Team!

Robin · Married on 06/27/2015

Since there are lots of happy brides praising this company, I'd like to review from the mother-of-the-bride's perspective. Hiring Anticipation Events was our best investment in helping our daughter and her fiance create the wedding of their dreams -- and also allowing me to enjoy it. I didn't fully anticipate how amazing it would be to have a room full of people we love celebrating our child's wedding. Laura's meticulous work made it possible for me to relax and truly be present in that once-in-a-lifetime moment, spending meaningful time with family and friends, instead of fretting over the details.

Her minute-by-minute itinerary for the day and smooth management of all the moving pieces made for a day that our family will never forget. She took care of every detail - from confirming vendors, to keeping everyone on schedule, handing out the tips -- she even delivered the gifts to the bridal couple's third floor walkup. Although our venue had an excellent coordinator, her duties did not cover any of the myriad details outside the building. Those responsibilities would have fallen to me. Instead, Laura worked closely with her and all of our other vendors to make sure everything happened as planned.

Also, our busy bride was a reluctant planner, which led to some conflicts between us. We had hoped to enjoy planning her wedding together, so we were both relieved when Laura and Elizabeth took over the scheduling, and I was freed from nagging.

In addition, they had good advice on planning, recommended excellent vendors, and were extremely pleasant and professional to work with. The highest compliment I can give is to say that my best friend and her daughter are now working with Anticipation Events based on our recommendation.

Most importantly, our daughter and her husband could not have been happier with their wedding day.

Anticipation Events was amazing and we don't know what we'd have done without them. Elizabeth Tulipana has energy and vitality of a young professional but also has the experience that makes her and her company such a rare and wonderful find. She brought that experience to the table along with lots of connections and expertise - but what she really brings is something that can't be taught and that is her talent and insight. She is extremely professional but very personable, She can talk to anyone. She makes people feel at ease, relates well with vendors, etc., but effortlessly directs and sets limits when necessary. She is very intelligent but very unassuming. She has a great sense of humor. She had great suggestions and was extremely patient with us as we took many twists and turns with our plans. Laura, who pinch hit a couple of times, was right on target and also super easy to work with. We had AE from the beginning planning stages to the final minute and it was in the final week when we were most in awe of her abilities. She knew exactly what we wanted and needed by that time, knew all the players, and moved the pieces expertly. She made our lovely but plain rehearsal dinner space look amazing (including centerpieces she made) and precisely what I would have wanted if I'd done it myself, which I couldn't. She tended to every detail of our reception and made it outstanding. Our church wedding consultant was in awe of her as was our reception venue connection. Our families loved her. I can't recommend Anticipation Events highly enough. You will not find a more talented planner for your event!