Antebellum Design Reviews

117 | Dallas, TX

117 Reviews for Antebellum Design

Maricela · Married on 09/08/2012

Marina was great!!!! She took the time to make our day beautiful!!!! She really made our vision a reality!!! She always returned my calls, emails and text right away! We are truly greatful for the wonderful experience we had with her and her company! :) I would HIGHLY recomend her! :)

Sent on 01/31/2013

I loved Antebellum Design! I had a horrible experience with a florist originally who vetoed almost everything I wanted and wouldn't work within my budget or help me get the most bang for my buck. Marian was so accomodating and friendly. She seemed to love her job and really got excited when I told her what I was wanting. They have amazing lanterns and candellabras and all their stuff is perfect for a "rustic romantic" look. She was always available and open to any ideas I had or any changes we made. She told us honestly and non-biased what we could and couldn't afford and what would be the closest to what I wanted without breaking the bank. My mom and I were so impressed. I can't say enough good things about this group. They are amazing! Use them!

Sent on 09/25/2012

Elizabeth · Married on 10/29/2011

My flowers were amazing! She truly understood my vision, and gave me exactly what I wanted...well within my budget.

Sent on 02/13/2012

Hailee · Married on 06/11/2011

Wonderful, wonderful work! They helped me piece together my thoughts and ideas. I couldn't have imagined anything better. They were so, so sweet and always a breath of fresh air in the midst of wedding planning. I basically just told them the theme I was going for and they ran with it - and it was GORGEOUS! I cannot rave about them enough. It was just perfect! - Hailee

Sent on 06/25/2011

Kristy · Married on 04/10/2010

Marian of Antebellum Designs really blew me away with the floral and decor at my wedding and reception! At the initial consultation, she helped me fill in the blanks on the ideas I had in mind for the look I wanted for the decor piece of my wedding. I'm not very savvy when it comes to floral so having such an expert made me so comfortable! I was very excited to see everything but had no idea just how amazing her work would be... When I saw my bouquet, corsages, and alter arrangements I was so overwhelmed with how beautiful they were!! Absolutely the most beautiful arrangements I've ever seen! In fact, I left the alter arrangments at the church for the next morning's service and they said they had never had so many compliments!! Absolutly AMAZING work!! Thanks Marian!! ~Kristy

Sent on 04/27/2010

Kathleen · Married on 12/12/2015

These ladies were a pleasure to work with! They took the time to understand my vision and they made sure it was correct to the smallest details. They were also very flexible with my budget and created a plan that worked within it. It is obvious they love what they do and I could not have asked for a better experience!

Sent on 03/15/2016

Emily · Married on 10/27/2013

I LOVE the team at Antebellum Designs. They really helped steer the direction of my wedding. When I went in for my first consultation, I had no idea how much different flowers cost and what would be in season. Mariann helped me to see the colors I wanted, stay on budget, and round out the appearance with the little touches that really make a huge difference. She definitely knows how to makes the flowers go a long way without looking sparse or bare. My bouquet was a gorgeous deep red with black magic roses and red calla lilies. I fell in love with it. Perfect flowers for my perfect day!

Sent on 02/17/2015
  • Audrianna

Audrianna · Married on 05/18/2012

Marian was absolutely lovely to work with! She was able to use centerpiece items that we brought to her and make beautiful arrangements! She was able to find flowers in our wedding colors (blue and yellow)! She was also able to understand the theme of our wedding, which was a French country theme! All the bouquets turned out very pretty and stayed alive the whole evening! We only had two mistakes and one was fixed very easily. We had originally wanted pin on corsages, but then changed our minds to have wrist corsages before the wedding. Marian was able to change the pin on corsages into wrist corsages at the venue. The other mistake was that we had certain centerpieces that we wanted on our family tables and they were sadly not placed there. However, no one noticed until after the event, once we had the wedding pictures. Overall, Marian was great to work with and all of our floral arrangements turned out beautiful!

Sent on 07/16/2012
  • Cathy

Cathy · Married on 02/28/2015

Antebellum was the perfect vendor for my daughters wedding. Marian and Christine listened to our 'wants' and made the day so beautiful. They had finished with the flowers before we arrived and it was more than we had imagined. The flowers were SO fresh. We and our friends took most of them home to enjoy for days after the event. I would definitely recommend these ladies.

Sent on 06/02/2015

Antebellum had great style, and was very flexible with changes throughout the process. They made the whole thing as simple as possible, it was great.

Sent on 05/10/2014

Lucero · Married on 07/20/2013

Marian and her team were great! I picked them among 5 florists because they go my idea on the first consultation and were flexible to meet my budget. I got so many compliments for the flowers!

Sent on 08/12/2013

L · Married on 06/29/2013

Marion and her staff at Antebellum are wonderful to work with! They were very helpful and knowledgable in helping us decide on our florals. We received many compliments and was asked who did our flowers at my daughter's wedding. Highly recommend Antebellum Designs! Thank you again, Marion!!!

Sent on 08/12/2013

Katelyn · Married on 02/16/2013

Marian at Antebellum was a gem to work with! I had met with several big name florists in the Dallas area and she was the first who supported my ideas and dreams for the setup of my wedding. Most thought my wedding was going to be too long (it was from 6-11pm) but she was excited about more of an “east coast” feel wedding!

She had a great vision for a romantic feel for the flowers. In addition, she was the only florist that took me to see all of the beautiful mercury glass vases, the branches, and her ideas for a ceremony archway. When I called her a few months before the wedding with an idea I found on pinterest, she was excited to try and find something that would match it. Two days later, she found me an arbor and had ideas on how to customize it to make it exactly what I had dreamed of!

When I walked into the venue on my wedding day, it was even more beautiful than I could have ever imagined. There were small detailed touches that I couldn’t even have asked for, she just KNEW how to make it special and absolutely beautiful!

Lastly, I wanted to mention just how accommodating she was. I made several trips to the warehouse to drop of personal touches and Marian was there to meet me each time. On the day of the wedding, they were able to take some of the larger items back to their warehouse and store them until we were home from our honeymoon. That was so helpful!

I chose Antebellum not only because of their amazingly creative, beautiful, and detailed floral design, but also because of how wonderful they were to work with. I would recommend them to anyone and everyone who is looking for someone who will listen to them, create their dream wedding, and be one of the easiest vendors that they will work with!

Sent on 05/30/2013

Lexi · Married on 09/22/2012

My husband and I were so impressed with Marian at Antebellum Designs! She really brought our Shabby Chic wedding to life with her wonderful eye and beautiful taste in flowers. She is a joy to work with, went above and beyond to make sure everything was perfect and stayed within our budget. Thank you for everything Marian, you truly have a gift!

Sent on 02/28/2013

3.0

Marian was very responsive throughout the whole process . She gave me an initial quote, pricing exactly what I asked for, within a day or two of me contacting her. This is the reason I booked antebellum design.

I was very happy with my wedding flowers. They were beautiful. I gave an average value Mark because I don't think anything associated with a wedding is economical. The prices from antebellum design seemed in line with the average florist and lower than other wedding florists with a focus on wedding design.

Sent on 05/13/2014

Michelle · Married on 10/11/2014

3.2
      1.0
      3.5
      3.5

They were a pleasure to work with on dreaming up the vision and getting the plans on paper but fell short on execution. Overall I was most disappointed by this vendor. My flowers looked nothing like the photos I had brought to our original meeting, looking back I should have followed up our meeting with sending the photos via email. I was excited to have a beautiful rich earthy looking bouquet dripping with long greenery, instead I got what I would call a shabby chic light pink and light green bouquet. I trusted their expertise to recommend which flowers and greenery to use but it fell short of my expectations. The vendor needs to better coordinate with the wedding planner or persons setting up to make sure what they are doing are inline with the overall vision/plan. Rework needed to be done because they didn't communicate with others while setting up. They were nice to work with but I was disappointed with results.

Sent on 10/21/2014

0.4
      0.5

Antebellum was very disappointing, in terms of flower quality, longevity, and customer service. The flowers wilted halfway through our wedding day. This was most noticeable on the men's boutonnieres, and the women's corsages. By the time of the reception, every single boutonnière had clearly wilted. The table centerpieces fared better, but the centerpiece itself looked cheap and had a do-it-yourself appearance. We paid a significant amount of money for these flowers, and we expected the flowers to last a single day. They did not, and we were very disappointed.

In addition, Marian was difficult to work with, she was pushy and rude, both to the bride and to the groom, in the weeks leading up to the wedding. We considered backing out of our agreement because of this poor customer service, but we did not need another thing to add to the list of wedding preparations. Looking back on it, we would have used Central Market for our flowers. Antebellum was poor all around, and the flowers ended up being the only thing that went poorly during our wedding day. We do not recommend Antebellum Flowers for your wedding day.

Sent on 03/07/2016