Ann Hughes Hair Design Reviews

23 | Glendale, AZ

23 Reviews for Ann Hughes Hair Design

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

23 Ann Hughes Hair Design Reviews

Ann and her team were recommended to us by our photographer. I reached out to her, and her response was almost immediate. Her team was available to come to our house (where the ladies were getting ready the morning of) and do seven hairdos. They were prompt, professional, and accommodating. We were asked to bring a couple of photos of what we would like, and they did a great job of replicating it on the girls! They also provided makeup services, which my mother and I opted for. Overall, I would recommend Ann and her team, they did not disappoint in quality!

Steve · Married on 04/18/2015

Ann was amazing! I booked her last minute, because my original hair and make up person disappeared from planet earth! We did not do a trial because we did not have time, however her work speaks for itself! I showed her pics what I wanted and she did an amazing job! Would highly recommend her and her prices are reasonable!

Sent on 06/20/2015

Ann Hughes Hair Design's reply:

Alisa, thank you so much for the kind words, you were a stunning bride. Many happy years to you and your new hubby!

Ann was amazing, she is always prepared. She takes care of her clients. She did my hair and a few of my bridesmaids. We were all very pleased with her styling. Her detail is what I appreciate. She is so sweet and kind. She went above and beyond to help with what she could the day of my wedding. I would recommend her for any occasion.

Dawn B.

Everyone absolutely loved my hair and make up on my wedding day. I felt very beautiful. My bridesmaids were just as pretty. She did a great job at making everyone look uniform as requested. She does a lot to make sure she is always learning new and unique ways to do hair and make up to accommodate all genres and age groups.

Deb · Married on 12/14/2013

Ann was AMAZING, she did everything I asked and then some for my wedding. Not only did she take on difficult hair, but she handled everyone in my wedding party with easy even after I through in two extra people. Her assistant Allison was such a joy to work with as well. Our makeup artist was over an hour late and I was able to turn to Ann & Allison to start our lashes and Make up. If you have not yet booked your stylist for your Wedding I am suggesting Ann Hughes Hair Design. She by far is the best in the Valley and I can say this because I did 7 Trials from Queen Creek to Surprise. She was TOP NOTCH and Pricing for on location was the best to be seen. Thank you Ann for making my Day Just Perfect.

Jennifer · Married on 11/16/2013

Ann work with my very long hair and did such a good job creating the exact look for my theme wedding. I could not have been more pleased

Alissa · Married on 10/14/2013

I've been going to Ann for years. On my wedding day she absolutely made me feel like a princess! My hair was perfect, exactly what I had asked for, and it lasted all night through all the dancing and pictures.

Erin · Married on 04/27/2013

Amazing , my extensions were beautiful would highly recommend

S · Married on 03/16/2013

Ann saved me for my wedding. She was incredibly nice to move her schedule around for me last minute and travel out to my hair. My very curly hair is not the easiest to deal with to begin with and then we added humidity of the hotel's indoor pool and my hair was a disaster. But Ann did a great job of smoothing it out and styling it so it stayed up and smooth all night. She also did us another huge favor by squeezing in my husband's grandmother last minute. She did not have to take my appoint or hers but she is so kind and professional. I would highly recommend Ann.

Ali · Married on 10/20/2012

Ann was WONDERFUL! I went to 5 other hair salons to get my hair done for my wedding this past October and all of them were a disaster a few ending in tears. I have very stubborn hair and it rarely does what any one wants it to do. Ann listened to what I wanted and did exactly what I asked her to do. My hair turned out PERFECT and didn't budge an INCH the entire wedding and reception and EVEN the FOLLOWING day!!! I was so pleased with the way my hair turned out. I would HIGHLY recommend Ann and her services to friends, family, and anyone who asked me!

jessica · Married on 05/07/2011

Ann truly exceded my expectations. I had a destination wedding in AZ, so I met her in person a few days before and we had a hair trial. She totally got the look I was going for and made it even better. I felt so at ease and like I had one less thing to worry about. And the hairpiece she had designed for me was remarkable! She took my pics of my dress and had someone make a hairpiece that absolutely stunned everyone. I couldn't believe how perfect it all was! And Ann travelled to my hotel and did the hair on site no problem. She was very professional and I'm so glad I found her!

Jen · Married on 04/24/2011

I found Ann on wedding wire and im SO happy I did. Her prices are reasonable and her quality of work is great! I got married on Easter and she was willing to take time away from her family to do our hair! I didn't want to get ready at my house so she opened the salon the day of my wedding, just for my bridesmaids and I. She brought us bagels and fruit, which was nice since I was too nervous to eat breakfast! :) Her coworker, Courtney, did our makeup and it looked amazing and her prices were great as well! I would definitely recommend Ann and Courtney to anyone looking for great results at a reasonable price! Thanks!

Sent on 05/24/2011

Ann Hughes Hair Design's reply:

Thank you for the review. Now Pictures Lady I need Pictures!!!

Sherry · Married on 04/23/2011

Ann is by far the best in this field. Not only is she and her associates creative, they are friendly, on time, and the best I have ever seen. I absolutely loved my hair and all 8 of my bridesmaids. We all know it's the bride that everyone focuses on the day of the wedding. Every guest that I spoke to told me my hair was amazing. Your wedding day is NOT the day to just pick anyone. You can trust Ann. Amazing, that's all I can say.
    Wedding date: 4/23/2011, Sherry

Tara · Married on 03/19/2011

Ann is a lifesaver! My previous hair stylist canceled on me two weeks before my wedding. I called Ann and she was more than willing to fit me and my bridesmaids in. She even traveled more than an hour out to my location. She was extremely professional and did an incredible job! Her professional manner and quick responsiveness definitely eased any anxieties I had as a bride. I would highly recommend her to anyone. Thanks, Ann!

Sent on 03/26/2011

Ann Hughes Hair Design's reply:

Would love to get pictures of your special day!

Nicole · Married on 11/20/2010

Ann was so much fun to work with! She was so patient as we did several hair trials so I could decide how I wanted to do my hair. On the day of the Wedding she was very professional making sure everyone got the look they wanted and was very gracious when we added another person to the hair schedule. She made the prep time fun and relaxing and all the girls looked so beautiful!!! Thank you so much Ann for making me feel like a "Beautiful Bride". I look forward to coming back for your services and I will highly recommend you to all my friends!

Kelly · Married on 05/01/2010

Ann and her associate met my bridal party in Paradise Valley to style our hair. We had a great time with them and everyone walked away loving their hair styles. They were great about working with us to recreate pictures from magazines or just what we envisioned in our heads!

Prior to the wedding day, Ann was very quick to respond to my inquiries and was great about contacting me a few days before the wedding to confirm our time and place. It was one less thing to worry about!

Sent on 06/01/2010

Ann Hughes Hair Design's reply:

I am so glad everything turned out for your wedding. We enjoyed all of you and the home was amazing! Thanks for the opportunity to work with all of you. My best wishes to you and your new Hubby! If you have a chance I would love some pictures that I can post on my website. Thank again, Ann Hughes Ann Hughes Hair Design inside J Salon 623-695-0149
  • LNL2010

Lindsay · Married on 04/18/2010

Ann came to my house and did hair for myself and 4 bridesmaids. I gave her free reign to create what she thought would be most complementary to each of us. I was very pleased with the way everyone looked and my husband still can’t stop talking about how much he loved my hair. I also am deeply grateful to Ann for being so kind to squeeze me in for an appt at her salon the weekend before the wedding for a cut and highlights after having my usual hairdresser cancel on me for personal reasons and not be available to get me in before the wedding. I was so panicked being only a week out from my wedding and having to rely on a perfect stranger to cut and color my hair. Ann calmed me down and did such a great job. My husband couldn’t stop talking about the highlights either. He wants me to go back and get more. I am very happy with the way we all looked in the wedding photos and the hairstyles stayed put through the entire evening. I would highly recommend her.

Sent on 06/20/2010

Ann Hughes Hair Design's reply:

You all were such sweeties to work with! I am so glad you loved your hair.... I would love to get some pictures from the wedding to use for my website. Let me know if you ever wish to come back and get more highlites done! Would love to work with you again! Thank you for your business, again you were a joy to work with. Ann Hughes
  • happytwinks

Krysten · Married on 10/25/2008

Ann was fantastic! It was great having her come to us...that definitely saved a lot of chaos. I had shown her a picture of my ideal updo and she recreated it exactly, complete with cymbidium orchids. The final product exceeded my expectations and I would highly recommend her to anyone!

Sara · Married on 10/18/2008

Ann was great! She came to our hotel and was setup early to start on-time. She did my hair as well as 5 bridesmaids (and brought a great assistant) for my wedding, and we were complimented all night. My hair stayed in place through lots of hugs and dancing. I recommend her to everyone!

Robyn · Married on 05/03/2008

I saw the hairstyle that I wanted in a magazine. I tracked down the stylist who happened to be Ann Hughes. She agreed to meet me at my hotel room in the town where I was getting married, even though it was an hour away. She duplicated the style that I wanted and it looked absolutly beautiful. I would gladly recommend her to anyone.

Lisa · Married on 06/04/2007

My short hair stayed up amazingly through the whole night. It was absolutely gorgeous, and the style caught a lot of attention.

Dianemarie · Married on 08/07/2013

Loved how Ann made me look. My hair is very layered but she created an up do fantasy. I woulhd recommend her always.

Eileen · Married on 04/07/2012

Ann helped make me look gorgeous and my hair style lasted in spite of everyone hugging me around my head.....
    Her emails could cause less stress however.

Sent on 04/25/2012

Ann Hughes Hair Design's reply:

Eileen, Thank you for the Review. You all were the sweetest and I loved working with you all. My Apologies for the confusion with the email. Hope the Honeymoon was Fabulous. Ann