Andre Chreky, the salon spa Reviews

84 | Washington, DC

84 Reviews for Andre Chreky, the salon spa

sarah · Married on 05/28/2011

Mindy... amazing stylist. So sweet, charming, accommodating, and attentive--what a bride needs a few hours before her wedding. She was patient during my trial, gave me a great haircut that I needed for the style I wanted, and in the end I loved my hair on the day of the wedding, it was exactly what I wanted but had the hardest time expressing in words. Mary, the bridal coordinator, is very nice, but not in the office very often so you have to been clever to reach her--and NO ONE else can make a bridal appointment but her... odd. I was hesitant to go to a salon on my wedding day, I was advised against, but it was actually a fun break and we were only getting married around the corner. The atmosphere is vibrant, had bridesmaids coming in and out, saw other friends and family who were in for appointments. One bridesmaid had some issues with a surly and glacially slow manicurist but otherwise no complaints. The girls looked BEAUTIFUL no matter who the stylist, and Grandmother even loved her hair--and she's not easy to please. If you're getting married very close by, I definitely recommend taking an hour or two to have some girl time at the salon and ask for Mindy for sure.

Sent on 06/22/2011

Kathryn · Married on 01/03/2009

The Bridal Services specialist was very responsive and attentive. The hairstylist and makeup artist, Rodney, was extremely professional and highly skilled. I was very happy with the service, attention to detail, and amazing results.

Sent on 02/24/2009

Melissa · Married on 06/02/2007

My bridesmaids and I had our hair and nails done at the Andre Chreky salon. It was a great experience, and the service was terrific. My stylist also did a "hair test-run" a couple weeks before my wedding day, which was really helpful for planning/timing purposes.

Sent on 04/26/2008
  • Elena

Elena Volz · Getting married on 12/05/2021

Wonderful Updo

Rodney did a fabulous job for my wedding updo. I brought in a photograph which one of the ladies printed for me and gave to Rodney. He constructed a beautiful updo just as I wanted--and with only a pinterest image to go by. The environment at the salon is very nice. I was offered a drink and a place to hang up my coat. Everyone was kind and helpful. Even the music selection was great. Highly recommend for wedding updos!

Sent on 01/22/2020

Andre Chreky, the salon spa's reply:

Thank you so much for this wonderful review! We are so happy you loved Rodney and the updo he created for your wedding! We hope you will come back and visit us. Congratulations again!
  • Michelle

michelle styczynski · Married on 11/02/2019

My wedding hair/makeup by Rodney was just stunning

I reached out to the Andre Chreky salon a few months out from my birthday to do a hair/makeup trial. They were very friendly and responsive. Rodney did my hair and was such a relaxed, pleasant person to be around. But my hair and makeup! It was fantastic. So I hired him for my wedding to my hair/makeup along with my best friend (she was the officiant) and mother. My mom normally does not like a stylists makeup and hair for her, but she loveedd Rodney's. She even went back to him after the wedding for a haircut. I lovveeeddddddd my hair and makeup for my wedding. It was just stunning. I normally don't wear any makeup day-to-day, and his look was just the right touch. Not too much, but made me look flawless. I would highly recommend Rodney!

Sent on 11/25/2019

Andre Chreky, the salon spa's reply:

Michelle, you are the best! Thank you for posting such a wonderful review!!! We were so thrilled that you included us not only on your birthday but your wedding, too!!! Congratulations again!

Elana Fiekowsky · Married on 05/26/2019

Really great experience

Andre Chreky was really great and listened to what I wanted for hair and make up. I don't wear a lot of make up and wanted to be sure that I looked like myself on my wedding day. Rodney did a great job with the hair and make up. The make up lasted all night, but was not heavy.

Sent on 06/25/2019

Andre Chreky, the salon spa's reply:

Thank you so much for the review, Elana! We're thrilled you were happy with your makeup and hair!
  • Julia

Julia · Married on 05/19/2019

Perfect hair

I went to Andre Chreky salon for a bridal trial and up-do on the day of my wedding. Rodney was very experienced and helped me find the perfect look. All of the salon staff were very helpful and responsive during the booking and payment process. They even took photos of my hair for me during the bridal trial so I could show my family. My wedding day hair looked outstanding and stayed up through the ceremony and reception. I think their rates are pretty good value, especially given the location in downtown DC and quality of service.

Sent on 05/26/2019

Andre Chreky, the salon spa's reply:

Thank you so much for this amazing review! We are so proud of our team and are thrilled that you loved their work!

Kate · Married on 03/25/2017

I worked with Mindy (hair) and Stephanie (makeup) and they were great! Mindy had helpful ideas at the test run.

Sent on 04/09/2017

Laurie · Married on 05/30/2010

Andre Chreky is adept with working with wedding parties. The airbrush makeup was great -- and held up well despite much crying. My hair turned out beautiful, as did my mom, mother-in-law and maid of honor. They were timely and had us on our way when promised. (Only complaint is that tips cannot be included in the credit card charge.)

Sent on 06/17/2010

Chhayal · Married on 10/31/2009

Andre Chreky is a one-stop-shop for brides. I have been a loyal customer for 7 years now. My hair is very difficult and Rodney at Andre Chreky was the only one I could trust for the big day to handle it. He attended to both my make-up and hair. Having Mary there as the consultant to arrange and supervise through last minute changes was a blessing. She never once made me feel as though I was bothering her or that she was too busy for me. They even opened the shop early to accommodate my ceremony time. Everyone chipped in! Rosa, the lady who washes hair, did an extra special head massage for my mother (last minute) to calm her nerves. Let me tell you, I think it helped! My mom and sisters looked AMAZING. Mindy did their hair and Liz did their make-up! Now looking back at the pictures, it is wonderful to see my family looking top-notch. Yes, they are expensive, but you get what you pay for. I would encourage a trial to ensure you know what you are getting the day of and that you are comfortable with the stylist/make-up person you chose. If you are not sure or have never been to Andre Chreky, ask for Rodney.

Sent on 12/03/2009

Colleen · Married on 07/04/2009

Rodney did my hair and makeup and did a wonderful job!! My girls all had their hair done too and everyone looked fantastic. Katie, the wedding coordinator, was SO AMAZING. I think she should be a wedding planner or something. She was so understanding after I changed my mind a million times and was just such a sweet girl. She could not have been more helpful. I also had my hair blowdried a bunch of times (for rehearsal dinner and post wedding bbq) by Dan, who did an amazing job. I am really glad I went with Andre Chreky.

Sent on 07/06/2009

Melissa · Married on 02/07/2009

Rodney is amazing! He is a fantastic makeup artist and hair stylist. He really listened to whgat I wanted and didn't mind tweaking if I needed him to ... I would recommend him top anyone!

Overall the staff at Andre Chreky is incredibly friendly and lovely. I also had a spa day there before the wedding, which was great.

Sent on 02/25/2009

Lucy · Married on 09/27/2008

Rodney is the best in the business. He did my hair and makeup and I absolutely loved it. It was exactly what I had asked for, and he did an even more impressive job on the day of the wedding than at the trial. He did airbrush makeup for me and my mom and our makeup looked flawless all night - I would highly recommend it. Chreky's bridal/event coordinator (Meghan) is so organized that she made life really easy for me. Three stylists from Chreky came to my house, which was great, but they charged $100 each for the convenience. They are very expensive, but for me it was worth it.

Sent on 10/30/2008

Abigail · Married on 09/27/2008

I used Andre Chreky Salon for my hair and make-up the day of, as well as my sister and mother's hair and make-up. We were all VERY pleased with the results and could not have been happier. Azi was our make-up artist and Mindy did our hair. They were both SO sweet and made getting ready on the day of fun and relaxing. Mindy really listened to what I wanted (a down curled do) and made sure it stayed all night. Azi managed to impress my very particular sister when it came to the make-up and we loved it! I especially loved my fake lashes - to all brides - definitely get them!

I also used Andre Chreky for a pedicure the Thursday before, and manicures on the Friday before for me and my bridesmaids. Everyone did a great job.

I really want to give special recognition to Meghan, the wedding events coordinator/scheduler/manager at Andre Chreky. I had to change around my bridesmaids appointments and trials so much and she was a joy to work with. She was always accessible and quick to return my emails. Also, she really wanted to make sure I was happy with my trials and specifically asked me again privately if I liked everything. I really cannot say enough how easy she made the scheduling and follow-up. THANKS MEGHAN!

Sent on 11/07/2008

Guiomar · Married on 08/30/2008

Everyone was very nice and super easy to work with. From making an appointment to the quality of work, everything was exceptional.

Sent on 10/01/2008
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 06/10/2006

Going to Andre Chreky the morning of my wedding was one of the best decisions I made. Sabrina, the bridal coordinator, arranged to have the top stylists there right when the shop opened at 8am (they usually don't come in until later on Saturdays). She was quick to respond through email and even accomodated last-minute requests to include hair and makeup for my mom and sister-in-law.

On the wedding day, Mindy did a spectacular updo (okay, "low-do") and Rodney airbrushed my makeup on. I always consider myself not much of a 'morning person,' but Mindy and Rodney got me in the best mood and it was a great way to wake up for the day.

Throughout the day, the hair stayed put except for one little strand we kept having to pin back. That's what I get for having layers in my hair! The makeup was awesome and never smudged, smeared, or moved. I do wish I had worn a tank top or something so he could evenly spread the color across my neck/upper chest, but nobody noticed except me.

The ultimate compliment is that we took our portraits after the reception (yes, after the hugging and kissing and dancing and sweating). Every single photo looks like I just had my hair and makeup done! Their work stayed fresh and flawless throughout the entire day, which speaks volumes in my book.

A little pricey, but worth every penny!

Sent on 12/14/2006

lauren · Married on 01/13/2007

3.5

Rodney at Andre Chreky was great! He is amazing at air-brushing make-up. The look was so natural and lasted all night. Rodney did my mother's and my hair and make-up. A few other stylists from the salon came to our hotel (they can come to you or you can go to them) to do hair and make-up for my bridesmaids. They were all great and so easy to coordinate, however they were pricey.

Sent on 03/30/2007

Erica · Married on 10/25/2008

3.0

A little on the high side, but completely accommodating and amazing hair!

Sent on 11/11/2008

Constance · Married on 09/27/2008

Megan M. was fantastic. So helpful in every way.

Sent on 10/28/2008

Sheerin · Married on 08/23/2008

This salon is fantastic - throughout the process, it ultimately ended up being the salon I regularly go to for hair and eyebrow shaping, which is amazing, because it took me nearly three years to find the right salon. First, Rodney Pinion is the most unbelievable stylist - not only does he work very well with long, thick, curly hair, but he actually (gasp) listens to what you want, so I never walked out of there with hair that was too short. In fact, it was the first time that I left a salon without going home to fix my hair immediately. My wedding hair was no less amazing, and I had Rodney come to my hotel, and he was such a calming presence amidst the chaos.

Azi Niroo has been doing my eyebrows for over a year, and did my brows and makeup for the big day. I do not wear much make-up regularly - I consider powder and mascara sufficient, so I was afraid of looking cakey and overdone; however, Azi made me look naturally radiant using the airbrush make-up and I NEVER had to touch up over the course of a ten-hour wedding day in summer. Amazing. Azi is an absolute blast as well, so it made everything that much smoother.

Meghan Marraccini, the wedding coordinator, was so incredibly patient and fun throughout the process - each time I visited the salon over the course of the year, she made it a point to come and say hello, which I thought was so fantastic. She is just an absolute pleasure.

Despite the frenetic nature of the salon, at times, it truly is fantastic and well worth the price. If you are like me, and get a touch of clautrophobia, I would spend the extra $100 or so to have the stylists come to your hotel room - it's well worth it.
    It is expensive though.

Sent on 10/01/2008

Lucy · Married on 10/07/2006

Sent on 02/01/2007

Sandy · Married on 10/09/2004

I had my hair done by Mindy and airbrush make-up by Azi. No other people could have made me more beautiful that I was that day. Both Mindy and Azi are great listeners and interpreters. Both are also very very flexible and adaptive. I didn't know what I wanted done and had a couple of trials. Then on the day of, I changed my mind completely. Both got my vision perfectly.

The only reason I rate the professionalism and flexibility with only 4 starts is that the front desk staff can be hectic and disorganized. I understand that weekends are busy for salons but due to some missteps on who's appointments were first, I didn't get my makeup done until 4 hours after my scheduled time. I ended up being late for my own wedding.

Sent on 03/23/2007

3.0

Rodney did my hair and it looked *amazing*. I got so many compliments on it. My bridesmaids got their hair done as well. They loved theirs too. We were able to rent a little room for ourselves upstairs and brought snacks and champagne and really enjoyed ourselves.

Only warning: it's costly! But for me this was one expense that was worth it.

Sent on 01/02/2013

Mindi · Married on 08/30/2008

3.0

We had the Makeup artist (Azi) and Stylist (Dan) come to the hotel. They provided hair and makeup service to me (the bride) as well as the Mothers and the bridesmaids. Everyone was very happy with the makeup and hair. A small feat given that there were 9 women!

Sent on 03/27/2009

Stacey · Married on 04/05/2009

4.2
      3.5

I had Rodney do my hair and make up for the day--he is a magician! I looked like the best version of myself for my wedding--which is exactly what I wanted for my day. I literally could not imagine my hair or make up being any better than it was. Now that we have our pictures, my husband keeps commenting on what a great job Rodney did, too. And Rodney is SO professional, nice and so easy-going; such a calming presence. He also did my sister's hair and make up, and she also looked the most gorgeous I have ever seen her! No question--Rodney Pinion is the best in the business.

One difficulty in dealing with the salon was that I had to go through the salon's "gatekeeper" for bridal hair and make up. There was bascially no way to talk to Rodney directly--I had to go through their bridal person for everything. And when I initially wanted to engage the salon's services, I had to leave three message and send two email and then speak with the floor manager, who finally go the bridal coordinator to pay attention to me. Once we got on track, things were relatively fine--she is a very nice person and I think, to give them the benefit of the doubt, they were in the process of bringing on a new bridal coordinator right when I was first calling.

I did feel that, given the PRICEY services (Rodney was worth it), the fact that I was charged an "out of state" travel fee was ridiculous. The fee to have the provider come to you is $150--within DC. To go to VA, it's $200. I was getting ready at the Key Bridge Marriott, in Arlington, just over the bridge from Georgetown. This was MUCH closer to the salon than many other parts of DC. Yet, Andre Chreky happily took the extra $50 from me for the "out of state" fee. The bridal coordinator said that she asked about it, but was told that there is no flexibility on that charge. A chinzy policy if you ask me--it's basically the salon saying, "We know we can get every last dollar from you, so we will."

And they did. But Rodney was worth it.

Sent on 06/19/2009