Andre Chreky, the salon spa Reviews

84 | Washington, DC

84 Reviews for Andre Chreky, the salon spa

While researching dozens of salons in the DMV area, I chose Andre Chreky for my sister's wedding. From booking the appointments with the bridal coordinator Winnie, to getting services with Rodney and Rhimou (Rema) for hair, and Portia for the make-up, the entire experience was absolutely perfect! Anytime I had to call Winnie or email her for a change she was more than helpful throughout the entire process. Everyone at the salon who helps with the bridal services is amazing. I've seen plenty of their work and it's absolutely beautiful! We did an offsite, meaning they came to the hotel in Virginia, and it was absolutely a stress free situation. I couldn't have asked for a better team to help my sister and 6 bridesmaids on her wedding day! I would highly recommend this to anyone for any occasion!

Sent on 11/05/2015

Lauren · Married on 09/12/2015

Rodney and Mindy are truly amazing! I first of all loved my hair - it was perfect and Rodney really took his time and it definitetly showed. All of my bridesmaids loved their hair and each persons was different, which came out great for pictures! I was so impressed with everyone's hair! Winnie was super helpful with planning, I called a million times and she was very responsive and knew what she was talking about. Definitely pick Andre's for your wedding, you will be so happy!

Sent on 10/01/2015

Annie · Married on 11/16/2013

I used Andre Chreky for hair and make up. I loved Mindy who did my hair. I did my hair in the salon with my two bridesmaids. And then the make up lady came to my wedding location to do make up there while I got ready with a bigger group of people. I usually do not wear a lot of make up so was unsure about having it 'done'. But I loved the make up. And the hair. The one advice is to make sure that you tell the salon the length of hair of your bridesmaids as certain hair stylists will only work with certain hair lengths so you want to make sure you have the right people ready to help.

Sent on 01/02/2014
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 09/28/2013

I cannot say enough amazing things about Rodney and his team! They worked with me to create a schedule for myself and all of my bridesmaids and even my mom, cousins and aunts to make sure we would be ready in time for pictures (we had them all taken prior to the ceremony).

Rodney is a true ARTIST when it comes to make-up and hair. He created the most beautiful hair style I've ever seen and I truly have never felt as beautiful as I did that day. He uses airbrush make-up and it lasted the entire day and night and survived tears :-).

All of my bridesmaids looked wonderful as well and loved their updos and partial updos. Thank you, Rodney and Andre for everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent on 10/07/2013

Mary · Married on 12/01/2012

My entire bridal party went to Andre Chreky for hair and makeup the morning of my wedding on December 1, 2012. I can't say enough good things about Andre Chreky...from the entire planning process to the professionalism to the service. Winnie was a joy to work with and she was so responsive with all of my appointment requests...even with adding a groomsman who needed a haircut the morning of the wedding! I had Rodney do my hair and makeup and I felt absolutely beautiful all day....plus, I highly recommend getting hair extensions to any future brides - it makes a world of difference! The hair and makeup fees are pricey, but definitely worth it and my pictures turned out fabulous. Andre Chreky is THE place to go for bridal hair and makeup in D.C.!

Sent on 12/17/2012

Great services, lovely spa, and Rodney knew exactly what I wanted when I first met him for a hair trial. I looked like myself on my wedding day, except 10x better than usual! :) My hairdo was secure the entire night without needing a thousand irritating bobby pins to hold it all together. Rodney is an artist, and Winnie (the wedding services coordinator) was super friendly, responsive, and helpful.

Sent on 09/13/2012

Jo Melissa · Married on 07/28/2012

I had my wedding at St. Regis Hotel which is literally infront of Andre Chreky. Andre Chreky Salon is my choice ever since I got engaged. I know that I will be in good hands with them because of their excellent service!
    I am super happy with the way I looked at my wedding. My hair and make-up was fabulous!
    Mindy did my fabulous hair, I did not do a trial at all. I just showed her a photo on the day of and voila! she did an amazing job and she did it so quickly too! wow!
    Rodney did my make-up! wow, i looked so beautiful! i love love the make-up! he did an amazing job. I did a trial w/ him but was not satisfied but he really surpassed my expectation during the wedding! I bought my own lipstick and he just matched the color that works w/ it.
    Winnie, the coordinator was super helpful from the beginning. She is such an asset in this salon. Her customer service skills is excellent. She is very patient as well (esp w/ me!)
    Thank you Andre Chreky Salon for making me beautiful on my wedding day! - Jo Melissa, St.Regis Hotel 07.28.2012

Sent on 08/21/2012

Allison · Married on 01/28/2012

Rodney styled my hair and Emmie did my make up. I've been to many salons and worked with many stylists and I can honestly say I've never had such an amazing hair style and make up application. Rodney was fantastic - I wasn't really sure what I wanted but I described some ideas to Rodney and he did an amazing, traditional but still modern hair style. Emmie was incredible to work with - my make up was flawless and beautiful. She knows exactly how much is necessary and what is too much. You will not feel like you have too much makeup on. Also, Winnie at Andre Chreky and the other salon staff were incredible to work with. We got ready at the salon the day of the wedding and they made things so easy by giving us rooms to get ready in and even helped us out to the limo. Winnie was also very accommodating to a couple of last minute additions and changes. If you can, use Rodney and Emmie at Andre Chreky.

Sent on 02/11/2012

Jessica · Married on 08/06/2011

I really enjoyed the service that Andre Chreky offered on my wedding day. I had Rodney do my hair and make up for my engagement photos and hair and make up on my wedding day. Rodney did a phenomenal job on my hair and make up on my wedding day at the hotel. Everyone complimented me on my hair my mom thought it was the best she has ever seen my hair. I did not do a hair trial with Rodney but I let him do what he thought was best and I love looking at my wedding pictures and looking at the spectacular job he did. I plan on using Rodney again for any formal events that I have going forward. I truly feel that I got the value for what I paid for. Also Mary the wedding coordinator was excellent in helping making arrangements.

Sent on 08/21/2011
  • Mary

Mary · Married on 04/02/2011

After getting engaged I started looking around DC for a salon. I attended a bridal showcase and they were there giving trial hair and make up sessions. I met Mary, the wedding coordinator who gave me a ton of information. I called her that week to book hair and makeup for the wedding. Because it was so early, I was able to get Rodney. I had never gotten my make up done and had only had an up-do for two wedding I had been in. I basically knew nothing!

I decided to make an appointment to get a trim so I could meet Rodney and see what the salon was like. I was very impressed with his professionalism, amazing talent and experience. I ended up doing two hair trials with him and a makeup trial. I couldn’t believe how amazing he was and it wasn’t until those trials that I started feeling like a bride.

The day of Rodney and Badrie arrived at my suit at the Key Bridge Marriott right on time and began setting up all of their equipment. They ended up doing my hair and makeup, 3 bridesmaids, my Mother and Grandmother. It was really nice to be able to relax in my own room and get everything done since it was raining outside off and on. After he was done and I have my hair, makeup and headpiece all together, I felt like a beautiful bride!

I would recommend this salon and Rodney to any bride getting married in the DC area!

Sent on 04/28/2011

Marie · Married on 11/26/2010

Rodney at Andre Chreky was amazing! I have gotten my hair/makeup done at other salons many times in the past and never been pleased. THis was the first time I was absolutely in love with how my hair and makeup looked. He was incredibly professional and talented and did such a phenomenal job. My sister got her hair done with someone else and was equally as pleased. Mary, the wedding coordinator, was also amazing to work with and so helpful. Our morning there before the wedding, was so peaceful and relaxing. I would hands down recommend Andre Chreky for bridal hair/makeup!

Sent on 12/12/2010

Lauren · Married on 11/13/2010

Andre Chreky did all of our hair and makeup for my wedding. They set us up with a lovely reception room and food (I ordered the food) and took care of my family and friends. We all looked lovely for my big day.

Sent on 12/08/2010

Kristi · Married on 06/04/2010

They did my airbrush makeup and I honestly felt like I have never looked so beautiful - and I've competed at Miss America! It was so natural and flawless. I brought a picture and he achieved the look perfectly.

Sent on 07/23/2010

Amber · Married on 09/19/2009

Mindy, Liz, Katie, Mary, and the team at Andre Chreky made me, my bridesmaids, and my moms feel at home and gorgeous for our wedding this weekend. Mindy did my hair, and it was unique yet classic without looking too hair sprayed or cookie cutter. Liz was fantastic with make-up, and all of my bridesmaids' hair and make-up turned out amazingly sturdy while we treked outside for photos without looking plastered. All of the girls requested different styles -- high, low, half-up, loose, tight -- and the team at Andre Chreky delivered. Several of the girls were with Rodney and loved him. We did everything on site, and the private room was perfect for waiting between our appointments. Katie emailed back and forth with me months beforehand, and Mary kept everyone happy and on time during our appointments. While they can be on the costly side, it was worthwhile to have the reliable professionals at Andre Chreky help make everyone look so beautiful.

Sent on 09/23/2009

Alexis · Married on 09/12/2009

Mindy at Andre Chreky did my hair in an up-do for my wedding. She was fantastic! I wasn't quite sure what I wanted, so I brought in a picture of my dress at my trial hair appointment, and she figured out what would complement the dress well. I've had my hair done in an up-dos many times, but her style was by far the best I've ever had! Andre Chreky was also a great salon for me to go to because of their early-morning hours. My wedding was in the morning, so I had to come in at 7am on Saturday to get my hair done (most salons aren't open that early, but Andre Chreky is!). My hair stayed in the up-do with no problems from 7am-midnight--it was incredible! My sister-in-law (from NYC) had a blow out done by Tatijana, and she said it was the best blow out she's ever had. I originally thought Andre Chreky's prices were a little higher than I wanted to spend, but it was definitely worth it! I highly recommend Mindy!

Sent on 09/15/2009

Gillian · Married on 06/28/2009

Liz was AMAZING!!! The make up came out awesome on everyone and my husband paid her the best compliment of all when he said I looked like me! Andre Chreky was very professional and Katie the coordinator was super helpful. I would definitely recommend Liz to any bride.

Sent on 08/13/2009

Stacey · Married on 04/04/2009

Rodney did an excellent jobon my hair. People could not stop talking about how great my hair looked! Andre Chreky was easy to work with when booking my appointments. They did an excellent job of accomodating my needs for the big day!

Sent on 04/25/2009

Charlotte · Married on 03/22/2009

A little on the high side, but completely accommodating and amazing hair!

Sent on 06/07/2010

Kim · Married on 09/20/2008

I would highly recommend Andre Chreky to any Bride!! I had my hair and make-up done there and so did my bridesmaids and my flower girls. Everyone looked fabulous on my wedding day. They worked with our schedules and were fun and friendly. The hair dresser I saw at my trial was very conscious about my hair holding and asked that I took pictures though out that evening so she could see how the style held so she could be sure to know if she had to kick it up for the big day. I ended up going with air brush make-up and it looked unbelievable and very natural. Overall, I absolutely loved my experience at Andre Chreky and plan to become a client.

Sent on 10/29/2008

Stacey · Married on 09/13/2008

I absolutely loved my services at Andre Chreky! Meghan (the coordinator) made everything so easy - I was able to book all of my appointments over e-mail with her, and she immediately secured the necessary appointments for me, my bridesmaids, and the mother of the groom. The run-through of the hair was fantastic as well - Mindy was so nice, and knew exactly what I was looking for - she made my hair look prettier than the picture I brought in as the example! On the day-of, we were carrying my wedding dress and all of our make-up and bridesmaid dresses and shoes, etc, into the salon, and Meghan let us put everything in the green room upstairs, so we didn't have to worry about it at all! The manicure and pedicure were so relaxing - it was the perfect way to start my wedding day (and the manicure lasted the whole next week of our honeymoon - no scratches, nothing!) The hair was fantastic - even better than the run-through! My bridesmaids felt so pampered - they really enjoyed all of their services, and everyone was so friendly. Two of the bridesmaids wanted to know if they could add on pedicures and eyebrow waxings that morning, and they were instantly accommodated. At about 1 pm we had to run, and Meghan personally escorted us outside, carrying the wedding dress (in heels, no less!) running around, tracking down a cab so we could make it to the wedding site. She was so prepared and helpful with everything! I loved the salon and plan to become a regular fixture there - even though I no longer have the excuse of a wedding to prepare for :-)

Sent on 10/01/2008

Natalia · Married on 09/05/2008

The wedding coordinator at Chreky was amazing, she accommodated me and all my bridesmaids and all of the changes we had to schedule. Everyone was also very positive and professional. The manicurist was superior to any I have had before, and the area had a great atmosphere. All the hair for both me and my bridesmaids was also impeccable.

Sent on 10/07/2008

Angie · Married on 08/30/2008

I can only say amazing things about the folks at Andre Chreky. I may have to get my hair done there now on a regular basis. They are just an exceptional group. Azi did my makeup & eyebrows & Dan did my hair. Both were also invovled in doing the hair & makeup for my mom & sister. All of us normally do not wear makeup or get dressed up, so it was important to feel comfortable & not over done. Plus, we'd gone to another salon and had a bad experience. MANY people commented positively on how we looked and my mother was just elated. You do have to plan in advance but that should be expected. I wish I'd included others earlier, but that's our fault, not Chrekys. Azi was just phenomenal. I had to tell Andre himself that his makeup artist was a huge talent. And my mom wanted to take Dan home with her. Really... it was sweet. Meghan Marraccini, the wedding coordinator, was an absolute gem to work with. She was incredibly patient with me too. Add the great coffee & cookies and I was truly relaxed & happy. I highly highly highly recommend them. I already want to go back.

Sent on 09/16/2008

Tara · Married on 04/05/2008

I know that Andre Chreky sometimes receives mixed reviews, but my experience with the salon was very positive. The salon has its own wedding coordinator, Meghan, who makes it simple to schedule all of your bridal beauty needs.

Mindy has been my hair stylist for several years, so I knew right away that I wanted her to do my hair for my wedding. She was wonderful, as usual. She came to my hotel and styled my hair and all of my bridesmaids' hair. Not only is Mindy talented, but she also has an enthusiastic and warm personality, which helps you to relax and have fun on your wedding day!

Azi did my makeup and also my eyebrows. She is a very talented makeup artist and great with brows. At my trial, she talked me in to getting the airbrushed makeup. I was skeptical, but it looked amazing, and was very subtle. I am the "less is more" type, and prefer to be understated, so I was VERY nervous about working with a makeup artist. But after I made my wishes clear to Azi, she did a fantastic job!

Since Andre Chreky is a full-service salon, I used them as a one-stop shop, including nails, massage, etc. Josephine does nails and she great. She made me feel pampered and relaxed.

One tip - I had my hair and makeup done at my hotel, which costs a bit more, but I think it is worth it. The salon can be very hectic on the weekend, and I knew I would be more at ease getting ready at my hotel. I think this may have been the difference between my own experience and some of the negative reviews...

Sent on 09/11/2008

Leslie · Married on 10/13/2007

Loved them! I had Mindy and Elena come to the hotel to do my and my bridesmaids' hair and make-up and I think we all looked really beautiful. I would highly recommend them and I do not have a single complaint.

Sent on 03/17/2009

Jaclyn · Married on 05/01/2015

I had never had my makeup airbrushed before and going into my appointment I didn't know that was what I had coming! I must say that I wouldn't have had it any other way. My makeup stayed put through every kiss, every dance, and every tear. My artist used false lashes to create long, glamorous lashes. By using the false lashes, I had the glamorous, full lashes without the worry about running mascara. The airbrushed foundation and blush created a perfectly sculpted face. Before the wedding, I had started to break out. Even in close ups of my wedding photos you don't notice a thing. I was blown away! I wouldn't do my makeup any other way.

Sent on 06/06/2015