Ana Merces Beauty Group Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

• Kristianna
    Kristianna G. Getting married on 05/15/2022

Incredible services!

Ana and Laura did an incredible job with my bridal look - it came out even better than I could have imagined! I sent a few inspiration photos but let them take the lead and they did not disappoint. Their attention to detail, professionalism and kindness did not go unnoticed.
  • Christian and Amy
    Christian S. Getting married on 01/01/2022

Your search is done - you want Ana on your wedding team!

If you are looking for a wedding style team that not only makes you (and your crew) LOOK beautiful, but also FEEL beautiful and celebrated, look no further! I cannot recommend Ana and her team enough. On my big day, Ana and Liz provided bridal hair and makeup, and bridesmaid makeup services. These two ladies were fantastic.

For the bridal makeup look, Ana was extremely thoughtful and responsive to all of my questions and thoughts (for example, I told her that I was having issues with dry skin and she brought me a hydrating face mask for the morning of my wedding!). I have limited knowledge of makeup, but Ana was so easy to work with and very adeptly took my thoughts about my bridal look and translated it into the perfect presentation. She used high quality products and personalized the makeup regime to fit my specific skin needs and desired look.

I have naturally curly hair and knew that I was in good hands as soon as I met Liz. She was so much fun to work with and a master at styling hair. I remember on my wedding morning, Liz commented that she had studied the photos that she took of my hair at the bridal trial and had a few ideas of small changes that would strengthen the look (the inspiration was a "Greek goddess"-type style that used my natural curls) and she was totally right! That kind of commitment to "getting it just right" and thoughtfulness from both her for my hair, and Ana for my makeup, is really what made these ladies exceptional stylists.

Several of my bridesmaids and both mothers commented how much they loved their makeup done by Ana and Liz, and how much they appreciated that Ana and Liz actually listened to what their preferences were and provided looks that made them feel glamorous and comfortable, while still remaining within the general wedding aesthetic.

Ana and Liz were also perfect on-site support on the day of the wedding. They were calm, fun, and worked quickly the whole morning. I also appreciated how flexible they were when the "getting ready schedule" got a little off schedule. They rolled with the last minute changes and provided a positive and affirming presence through the whole experience. They also followed very strict COVID and hygiene protocols, which made all of us feel very comfortable too. You will not regret booking this style team!!
  • Emma
    Emma G. Married on 10/23/2021

Great service!

Ana and Melissa were amazing! They were prompt and super friendly. My mother in law and I loved our hair and makeup! Can't put a price on a great professional team for your big day! Made everything very smooth! Hair and makeup lasted all afternoon/night and looked amazing in our photos. Will definitely be using them again!
  • Sunita
    Sunita J. Married on 10/12/2021

I felt fabulous on my special day!

I booked Ana Merces’s services for my civil ceremony. Ana was wonderful from start to finish as my MUA. Part of her team and hairstylist, Elizabeth Perez, was there for my hair design. It was a nice surprise to have two professionals come to my house, as I was only expecting one when I first booked. I was glad to have them both, because my makeup and hair design was finished earlier than expected. I felt relaxed, enjoyed my time, and did not need rush before leaving my house. They both genuinely care about their brides. Their skills and expertise show through their amazing work. Ana, who is the owner and lead makeup artist, listens and works with you beforehand to understand your vision for your special day. They were both very kind and professional, and any bride who hires Ana Merces’s services will feel comfortable and at ease.

Thank you so much Ana and Elizabeth!

• Alexandra
    Alexandra C. Married on 09/05/2021

Fabulous!!!

Ana and her team are absolutely AMAZING! Ana is super responsive and answered all of my questions, took care of all of the changes for a year leading up to my wedding. I got married on LDW and my girls and myself looked FLAWLESS. I was so worried because my face sweats a lot. My makeup stayed on from 12pm - 3am and i still looked amazing. I will be using Ana and her team for any and all of my events in the future. Do yourself a favor and book her!! No stress, beautiful artistry and overall an amazing person and team!
    Maria R. Married on 08/07/2021

I felt gorgeous!

Liz did my hair on my wedding day. She is the best! At my age, I thought feeling and looking beautiful was not a possibility, but I stand corrected. Liz is all in for "team bride". She is professional, super friendly and is so knowledgeable! She can read minds and create exactly what you dreamed of keeping in mind what looks best on you. I look forward to working again with her and with Ana Merces beauty group. Look no more, this is who you want to do your hair on your big day!
  • Patricia
    Patricia G. Married on 08/07/2021

Amazing Work!

My wife and I used Ana Merces for hair and makeup for our moms, sister, grandma, and us. Ana Merces came recommended by other beauty vendors who were not available on our wedding date. We couldn't have asked for a better experience. Maria and Liz were so professional. knowledgeable, and did amazing work on all of us! They listened to what we liked and did not like and were able to make tweaks based on our trials. Everyone ended up looking great and the hair and makeup lasted all night long. We would highly recommended Maria and Liz, and Ana Merces Beauty, to anyone!
  • Ebony
    Ebony B. Married on 07/17/2021

Vow renewal

Ana, was not only amazing but she was very prompt to respond when I had any questions, or changes. My entire bridal party was very impressed by her work and her assistant Sandy all of our makeup lasted through the entire day, and ceremony, and reception. And the day was rainy, hot, and a sweaty one and our makeup was flawless. I would book her again!
  • Nicoll
    Nicoll T. Married on 07/12/2021

Wedding Elopement Shoot

Ana and Elizabeth did an amazing job on my hair and makeup for my elopement shoot. They knew how special these pictures were to me and went above and beyond to make me feel beautiful in the trial and on shoot day. They even accommodated an early meet time! I am forever grateful for your professionalism and for making me feel like a princess! I highly recommend Ana and Stephanie for hair and make-up services. Thanks!
  • Jenny
    Jenny W. Married on 06/04/2021

Wonderful!

Ana was great! She was very communicative and helped make sure I looked and felt beautiful for my backyard wedding.
  • Lauren
    Lauren S. Married on 05/22/2021

AM Beauty was great!

When researching places and people to do the hair and make up for myself and 6-7 other girls for my wedding, Ana was the only person I contacted who responded and answered all my questions. Most other places sent automated messages that just gave me information. Ana and all the girls who work with her are all very professional, fun and personable. They truly care and want to do their best to make everyone feel beautiful. And make your special day perfect. Ana takes the time to get to know her brides. She was not able to personally do my hair and make up but she still met with me during my first trial to get to know me and when I did not like my initial make up she immediately set up for a free second trial with a different make up artist who she felt would be a better match for me. All of the ladies who work with Ana Merces are very talented make up and hair artists. I highly recommend Ana and her team! They are awesome!
  • Christine
    Christine R. Married on 05/15/2021

Review of Ana Merces Beauty Group

Ana Merces, and my makeup artist, Liz, did an outstanding job. They were on top of everything. The makeup was beautiful and completed my wedding that I had worked so hard to perfect. I felt gorgeous, and had confidence to enjoy my special day. Thank you for a great job!
    Saralyn A. Married on 05/08/2021

Couldn’t ask for better!

Ana and her team are so professional, accommodating, and personable. They are amazing at what they do and are very easy to work with. I couldn’t of asked for a better experience!
  • Mina
    Mina N. Married on 04/17/2021

Ana is excellent at her job and a talented make up artist.

Ana is a professional whi is truly talented. She can create all types of looks and is very versatile
  • Gabrielle
    Gabrielle Married on 04/16/2021

Great incorporation of my style

Ana (and her team-- Laura did our hair!) was incredible. She listened to my feedback and was beyond helpful in helping me understand my own style and what I wanted. They were also great with my mom and I am so grateful that she made us both feel so beautiful!
  • Kimberly
    Kimberly G. Married on 04/09/2021

Amazing Makeup!

I loved her work. Perfect makeup that lasted all day and she is extremely professional!
  • Sarah
    Sarah H. Married on 04/03/2021

Absolutely stunning makeup!!

Ana was absolutely amazing! Transformed me into a beautiful bride - I was so impressed! Ana was extremely responsive, let me add more people very last minute, and arrived early on my wedding day! She was such a joy to be around and truly a magician! Book her immediately!
    Jeymar B. Married on 03/25/2021

Amazing look for my civil wedding!

I couldn't have been happier with the hair and makeup services they provided for my civil wedding ceremony. They went above and beyond to make sure that I looked perfect. Very professional and fun experience! They even accommodated my mom at the last minute. I would definitely recommend them.
    Vanessa W. Married on 01/30/2021

She’s the best!

Omg, I loved Ana!
    She’s amazing, I had my makeup done by her and everything was exactly how I dreamed.
    She’s also patience and listened to all my suggestions.
    I would definitely recommend her for everybody

❤️
    Morgan T. Married on 01/18/2021

Very pleased.

Ana was truly phenomenal. Everything was so seamless. She was calm, cool and collected, which made for a really enjoyable, comfortable, no-pressure, totally positive getting-wedding-ready environment. I had the privilege of working with Ana for both my rehearsal dinner and our wedding, and I wish there could have been a lot more events to have Ana to do my makeup.
  • Grace
    Grace L. Married on 12/19/2020

Great talent and service - a team with heart!

I loved working with Ana Merces and her team. I looked and felt like myself, but elevated to a princess status through their amazing work and talent. Not only is she extremely talented with makeup, but her hair stylist team was also amazing. They all listen to the clients closely, and they even helped my hair and makeup look better than I had pictured it!! We had to change the time and location of our wedding, due to COVID-19 regulations, and Ana and her team were flexible and understanding. My mom has previously done professional makeup for weddings and has never loved the results - this time, ,she was amazed and happy, and Ana was critical in achieving this. My mom said she felt like herself, but much better. I highly recommend Ana and her team to make your wedding dream look come true.
  • Débora
    Débora P. Married on 12/12/2020

Amazing work!

Having Ana as the make up artist for my wedding day was one of the best decisions I could have ever made! Ana is a talented professional and besides several qualities I could list, Ana is punctual, flexible and attentive to all the details that helped things run smoothly on my big day! She did an amazing job, I received lots of compliments on her work of art! Everything was great! Thank you, Ana, for being part of our special day!
  • Becky
    Becky J. Married on 11/27/2020

Outstanding!

Ana was AMAZING! The quality of her work is to die for. Her team did my hair and she did my makeup. She adapted to last minute changes, and was so professional. Keeping herself and us safe. I’m so thankful I used her for our small wedding. I 10/10 recommend Ana and her team!!
  • Michelle
    Michelle Married on 11/21/2020

Wonderful Artist!

Ana was amazing for my wedding day! She was able to help ne get exactly the look that I wanted to go for. Would one million percent recommend her!
  • Emma
    Emma S. Married on 11/20/2020

Incredible!

Ana & Liz were absolutely amazing. When my other hair and makeup artist had to cancel a week prior to my wedding, Ana quickly responded to my inquiry, and she and her team were able to provide hair & makeup services for my whole bridal party. They were professional, friendly, and did an amazing job! I’d recommend them to every bride in the DC area.