Amy Miranda Makeup Reviews

76 | Ashburn, VA

76 Reviews for Amy Miranda Makeup

• User5259932 ·

Amy was just lovely from start to finish. She is a great combination of professional and warm. She made me feel comfortable and explained everything beautifully, and left me with some everyday makeup tips. I'm still getting compliments on my wedding makeup!

Sent on 07/14/2015

Amy Miranda Makeup's reply:

Thank you my dear Nura! I feel so privileged to have done your makeup and be part of that special day! Any makeup questions are welcome anytime! Have a beautiful life with your hubby!

Christina · Married on 04/30/2017

Amy did a fantastic job for the makeup trial! She listened closely to what I was looking for (I don't wear a lot of makeup usually so I wanted to keep more of a natural look) and did a great job of making me look beautiful. I can't wait to see how it turns out on the big day!

Sent on 01/08/2017

Amy Miranda Makeup's reply:

Thank you for your lovely words dear Christina! We can, of course, adjust the makeup to any intensity on the day of your wedding depending on the weather and what you desire. Thank you again for allowing me to do your makeup yesterday!

amanda · Married on 04/29/2017

This is my second time using Amy. I enjoy working with her because she knows how to bring out your natural beauty and not cover it up like other artists have done with me in the past. I don't like to have a ton of products on my face to the point where my skin feels like its suffocating. I like to look at myself in the mirror after a makeup session and still recognize my face! Amy even requested to see my dress to decide which colors to use. My family and friends absolutely love how she transformed them and the makeup lasted all night long! Amy is so friendly and she will gladly work with any request you may have. I asked her to airbrush my chest to match my neck and face :) cant wait to contact her for a third time!

Sent on 05/25/2017

Amy Miranda Makeup's reply:

Dear Amanda, it was my pleasure to do your and your friends' makeup! Call me anytime for makeup questions or application! xo

Jennifer · Married on 02/18/2017

Amy did my bridal makeup trial back in February and everything about my experience was wonderful. She does the trial out of her home in a beautiful make-up room! She guided me in everything she was doing and answered any and all questions I had about makeup ( I don't wear a lot usually). She did a fantastic job of enhancing my face without doing too much! It was perfect. I cannot wait to see my makeup on my wedding day.

I just had my wedding trail done with Amy and couldn't be happier! Amy is truly talented, really cares about her client and makes you feel completely comfortable - which is something I honor highly. Can't wait for her to do my wedding makeup. I highly recommend Amy to anyone! Thanks again, Amy!

Sent on 07/18/2015

Amy Miranda Makeup's reply:

You are so welcome Jenna! Truly, it was an honor and a pleasure to do your trial run and I can't wait to do your wedding day makeup!

Sandra · Married on 04/09/2016

Amy Miranda is an OUTSTANDING makeup artist! After doing some research and reading great reviews, I hired Amy to do my make-up for my wedding in April 2016. I had a small intimate second wedding (no wedding party) – so I truly appreciated Amy’s dedication to coming up with the best style for my important day.

Since I do not wear that much makeup, I am clueless when it comes to make-up application. So, I had three make-up trial sessions at Amy’s studio. I wanted to compare the different styles. During the sessions, Amy sat down with me to discuss the look I was interesting in as well as looking at different pictures. We talked about my wedding and the color scheme. She was very patient and listened to all my requests. Amy is very personable, professional and knows how to bring out the natural beauty in her clients. She takes her time and talks to you during the whole make-up application process – explaining each and every step. It is evident by her work that she loves what she does and she loves working with people! I was amazed and extremely pleased with my transformation (I wish Amy could do my make-up everyday…LOL). I had the make-up trials around 11am and I could not believe it stayed on all day and night (until I took it off around 11pm).

I finally figured what I wanted for my wedding day and Amy was AWESOME!!! My make-up was OUTSTANDING and I never felt more beautiful than I did on my wedding day. I am so happy that I took my time to decide the look I wanted because it was worth it. Amy did not disappoint. If you are looking for a highly-rated, highly-qualified true makeup artist – no need to look further. Book Amy Miranda! You will NOT be disappointed! One other important point to make – her pricing is VERY reasonable.

Sent on 01/18/2016

Amy Miranda Makeup's reply:

The pleasure was all mine Sandy!

Jessica · Married on 03/26/2016

I used Amy for my wedding makeup on March 26, 2016 and have nothing but positive things to say. My initial makeup artist, cancelled on me in November, which left me incredibly stressed and worried I wouldn't find another makeup artist. It actually worked out for the best because then I got to work with Amy! She responded to my initial request right away and fit me in for a trial. She listened to everything I wanted and was able to give me a great look, without making me look/feel like I was wearing too much makeup. On the day of, she arrived early, brought all necessary supplies and did the makeup for myself, 3 of my bridesmaids and my mom. Everyone looked stunning and had their own look they felt confident in. I would recommend Amy to anyone as she is truly a professional and so incredibly nice!

Sent on 03/30/2016

Amy Miranda Makeup's reply:

Thank you my dear Jessica! It was a pleasure to do your makeup and your briedesmaids and mom were very sweet. Email me if you need anything related to makeup!

Brittany · event on: 04/18/2015

Amy was a delight to work with. She was incredibly conscious and sensitive to my time and schedule. Before entering her lovely little studio, we chatted about my needs, her style, and her ideas as to what she would like to do to give me the perfect look for my outdoor Engagement photo shoot. Amy walked me through all of her products and explained why she chose to use them and where I may be able to purchase them for myself. The experience was, overall, lovely. She was kind, attentive, and a real artist.

Sent on 04/21/2015

Amy Miranda Makeup's reply:

I am so happy that you liked and enjoyed the entire experience! I strive to give the best to each and every woman who stops by my studio to get a flawless and beautiful makeup look! I hope to see you again, and wish you the very best Brittany!

I found Amy being very friendly. She is good listener and quite professional in her work. I loved her work and recommend her highly.

Amy is an amazing make up artist and truly loves what she does! She takes her time with her application and it really does stay on throughout the ceremony and reception! I accidentally went to bed without washing my face (a big no no and I know Amy would not approve) however, when I woke up the next morning my make up was still 90% in place! Not that I recommend leaving on your make up but I just wanted to share how well the application holds up as I know this is important to most brides. I highly recommend doing a trial with her beforehand. She is very detailed oriented and organized--she will take photos and notes to remember exactly what she did during your trial and will either duplicate it for your on your wedding day or provide recommendations to enhance your look even more for your big day. She also pays attention to what each person really wants--one of my bridesmaids LOVES make up so Amy did a much more "dramatic" look for her. Not over done or outshining the bride--but truly pays attention to what her customers want and what works for the skin and face. If i could afford to have my make up done everyday I would totally use Amy! :) But, since I can't I will definitely keep her in mind for special occasions and recommend her to future brides!

Sent on 09/21/2015

Amy Miranda Makeup's reply:

The pleasure was all mine! Thank you for such a glowing review. I strive to give total satisfaction to each bride and although makeup is creative work and does not follow specific rules for each person, or from start to completion, my goal is to ensure every single person in the wedding party is totally satisfied with the end result. Thank you.

Amy was amazing! She did my sister and I's makeup for my sister's wedding. She listened to exactly what we wanted and provided us wth very patient and friendly service. She was super nice and the end result was PERFECT! She took before and after photo's and spent time showing us the results. Her in-house makeup studio is very professional and clean. Best makeup job i have ever recieved. Would Highly recommend her. She even gave us a sample size lip color to reapply/ touch up through out the wedding day. Love her!

Sent on 08/25/2015

Amy Miranda Makeup's reply:

Thank you so much for giving me the opportunity to work on your beautiful face! You and your sister looked super glamorous, each one in your own way! I hope all went well at the wedding and the makeup lasted a long time!!

I cannot express enough how amazing Amy was. She did my bridal makeup and 4 bridesmaid plus mother of the bride. She showed up 30 minutes early so that she could set up and be ready to go for the first appointment. The schedule went perfectly without a glitch, plus the quality of the makeup was impeccable. All of my girls were so pleased with their look, but most importantly, I felt beautiful. My groom was incredibly happy as well because he felt that despite having bridal makeup on that is necessary for the photos, I still looked like "me", which meant that Amy captured who I am and allowed me to look the best version of myself on my wedding day. I am very grateful for the amazing service Amy provided to me and will recommend her to all brides!

Sent on 05/10/2015

Amy Miranda Makeup's reply:

It was my pleasure! Thank you so much for appreciating. I like to listen to each bride and understand what look they have in mind and I create it for them, incorporating my own vision and upon providing helpful suggestions. Wishing you a life full of happiness and health and success! If you have any makeup related questions or needs, please feel free to email me. I will be more than happy to assist you!

Megan · Married on 08/01/2015

Amy is amazing and made me feel and look great! I would recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 08/05/2015

Amy Miranda Makeup's reply:

Thank you Megan, the pleasure was all mine. You are beautiful inside and out! I wish you a long and successful life with your other half !!!
  • User4319776 · 2+ years ago

I did my trial with Amy. She did a fabulous job - her work is beautiful. She explained each step of the process and described the make-up products she used. I look forward to working with her again on my wedding day.

Sent on 07/04/2015

Amy Miranda Makeup's reply:

Thank you so much for your review! The pleasure was all mine! I can't wait to do your wedding day makeup!! Have a beautiful day!

Devon · Married on 06/28/2015

Amy is AMAZING! I went in for a bridal trial session and she took all of my thoughts, mixed them with her professional experience and I was highly impressed with the results. I still looked like myself, just a more beautiful version that I cannot wait to show off in a few months at my wedding! Amy knows her stuff, she has tons of makeup and really listens to your opinions during the application process. I was 100% satisfied with my trial, and recommend this to anyone so that Amy can get full vision of what you expect on your big day. I can't wait to work with Amy again in the fall, and after seeing my pictures - my bridesmaids sure are excited too!

Sent on 06/30/2015

Amy Miranda Makeup's reply:

My dear Devon, the pleasure was all mine, I appreciate you giving me an opportunity to do your makeup and enhance your natural beauty. I can't wait to do your wedding day makeup!! Have a beautiful day and email me with any questions you may have!! xo Amy

Jamie · Married on 06/20/2015

I went to Amy to do a trial for my wedding (May 2016). I have only had my makeup done professionally one other time, so I was a little nervous, but Amy was really warm and kind. She talked me through everything she was doing, so I felt comfortable and have a good idea of what to expect on the real day. Amy answered all of my questions and was really helpful thinking through how to map out the day. My bridesmaids and I can't wait to work with Amy next spring. We know she'll work her magic and make everyone feel and look great!

Sent on 07/19/2015

Amy Miranda Makeup's reply:

Thank you Jamie for giving me the pleasure to do your makeup! Likewise you were very pleasant to work with and I can't wait to do your makeup on your wedding day!

Amy did a wonderful job doing my make-up for my son's wedding. She was willing to meet me at 6 :30 in the morning to get me ready for the morning ceremony, and then again at 4 p.m. for the evening reception. Her studio is very quiet and relaxing.Amy has a sweet personality and is masterful at her craft. Great job!

Sent on 07/09/2015

Amy Miranda Makeup's reply:

Thank you Nicole, the pleasure was all mine, I am so happy that everything went well and the makeup held up well! Congrats on your son's wedding! Should you need any makeup services in the future, please send me a quick email! xo amy

Roxana · Married on 05/30/2015

Amy was very helpful and professional. She showed up on time and provided valuable advice on the style of make up for each of my family members' complexion. Everybody was very pleased with the results.

Sent on 07/06/2015

Amy Miranda Makeup's reply:

Dear Roxanna, the pleasure was all mine. Doing the makeup of your beautiful and gorgeous guests was an honor! thank you for making me part of your special day!!

Megan · Married on 05/01/2015

Amy was incredible! She traveled to our wedding venue and did our makeup on site- fully equipped with her amazing airbrush system :) I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for some glam!

Sent on 05/29/2015

Amy Miranda Makeup's reply:

Thank you dear Megan, it was my pleasure to do your makeup!

Amy Miranda did a fabulous job with my makeup! I went to her house in Ashburn, VA with my maid of honor to do a trial-run today, 6 months before my wedding. She spent an hour and a half doing my makeup expertly and walking me through the entire process. She uses high quality products and has a huge selection of wonderful products that are safe and flawless on the skin. I loved the way I looked and the attention to detail. I cannot wait for her to do my makeup for my wedding next year and would highly recommend her! On the day of the wedding she will come to my hotel, and do makeup for all of my bridesmaids. Her prices are extremely reasonable for this area and for the quality of service she provides.

Sent on 11/16/2014

Amy Miranda Makeup's reply:

Thank you very much for your comment! I am so happy that you loved my style and products used. Each and every one is bought after careful study and not randomly. Each and every brush is bought one at a time or sometimes as a set, paying full attention to their functionality, softness and quality. I love makeup with a passion but more importantly I love to see my brides happy and smiling after I finish doing their makeup. Each of my brides is unique and I like to connect with each one of them, to be able to deliver what vision they have in their mind. Have a beautiful day and thank you again!

brooke · Married on 10/18/2014

Most of the time, "you get what you paid for," rings true. Except for Amy. She is truly, truly talented and applies just incredibly beautiful makeup. She knows she can charge more, but she prefers to remain accessible to everyone. Her website and blog are amazing, and her passion comes through with every face. We did two trials, because I love makeup and wear quite a bit regularly so I wanted to make sure it was extra special for the wedding day. She listened to exactly what I wanted and created a look that was made me feel better than I've ever felt. Ya ya, beauty comes from within, but it doesn't hurt on the outside either! Book Amy, and all her high end products and airbrush machine, for half or a third of the price that less talented artists with sub-par products are charging. You won't be disappointed.

Sent on 11/21/2014

Amy Miranda Makeup's reply:

Dear Brooke The pleasure was all mine.. Thank you for your appreciation and kind words. Please feel free to contact me again if I can be of assistance with any makeup requests. Amy

Nerisha · event on: 07/05/2014

I highly recommend amymiranda! Her professionalism is awesome!!! From the moment we conversed via email, I could tell she had a lot of confidence in her expertise. I can not wait for her to make my day even more beautiful!

Sent on 07/05/2014

Amy Miranda Makeup's reply:

Thank you Nerisha, the pleasure was all mine. It was great doing your makeup for your engagement photoshoot! See you again very soon!
  • User4020137 · event on: 04/06/2014

I am a 62 year old Asian women whose son is getting married. I don't normally wear make-up or even own a tube of lipstick and am allergic to many products so this whole make-up process was a bit daunting but I so wanted to look nice for the wedding. Amy was such a great listener about all my concerns, was so interested in what I was wearing so that the make-up could enhanced the whole effect, an amazing teacher in explaining what she was doing and why, and very gentle in her application. I was absolutely thrilled with the outcome that I thought was tailored just for me; I looked and felt 10 years younger! It was a wonderful experience that I enjoyed on so many levels. You really feel like you had a friend who cared about making you be the best that you could be. I could highly recommend her and don't think you could go wrong in putting yourself in her very capable and highly experienced hands.

Sent on 04/07/2014

Amy Miranda Makeup's reply:

Thank you Ann. It was a pleasure working with someone as sweet as you. I look forward to seeing you again soon! Take care, xoxo Amy

Mary · Married on 06/27/2014

Amy is professional and very reasonable compared to other make up artists. She came to my house on the day of the wedding and worked quickly to get me, my mom and 3 bridesmaids beautiful before our pictures.

Sent on 07/01/2014

Amy Miranda Makeup's reply:

Thank you Mary for your great review! I hope that all went well and the makeup lasted long. Congratulations to you and your hubby on your recent wedding!!

Anastasiya · Married on 05/10/2014

I went to Amy for a make up trial and got make up done for my wedding. Amy really approachable and so easy to talk with. She made my experience fun and enjoyable. She did fabulous job and made me look gorgeous on my wedding day. I highly recommend Amy.

Sent on 06/10/2014

Amy Miranda Makeup's reply:

Anastasiya, it was a pleasure working with you and your lovely sister! I look forward to our makeup lesson in August! Until we meet again, be well and congrats again on your wedding!