Amway Grand Plaza Hotel Reviews

115 | Grand Rapids, MI

115 Reviews for Amway Grand Plaza Hotel

Alicia · Married on 06/18/2011

Amway was great. They have a friendly and super helpful staff that makes sure everything is running smoothly on your important day.
    The hotel is beautiful and they did a great Job on our wedding and our stay there.

Sent on 07/21/2011

Keri · Married on 05/14/2011

I was so happy to have the Amway hotel included in my list of wedding vendors!! I reserved a block of hotel rooms for our wedding guests, and couldn't have been happier with the service we received. My husband and I also stayed there on our wedding night and couldn't have asked for a better place to spend our first night as husband and wife. And our wonderful sales manager, Grace, was so sweet and sent us a small gift in our room which was a wonderful surprise! Grace was such a help through the entire process and was extremely responsive to all of my questions. She also assisted me with vendor recommendations and with her help, we booked a great transportation company as well as helping to coordinate my makeup appointment. I used the Vasaio Spa inside the Amway, and they were also absolutely wonderful & my makeup was PERFECT thanks to Rachel! :) I would definitely recommend using the Amway for any wedding related needs - they are professional and you will receive superior service from everyone you come in contact with!

Sent on 06/02/2011

Michelle · Married on 04/30/2011

Amazing service and wonderful venue! We highly recommend. All of our out of town guests had such great things to say about the Amway Grand Plaza. What a fabulous representation of what Grand Rapids has to offer. We were so pleased with their initial service and flexibility that we did a wedding shower and bachelorette party there too.

Sent on 05/14/2011

Kristen · Married on 09/25/2010

Jennifer May was wonderful. Venue is beautiful. Service was amazing. Guests raved about the food and the wedding cake!

Sent on 10/12/2010

Rachel · Married on 07/16/2010

The Amway Grand Plaza Hotel was the perfect place for our wedding and they really proved it. From the OUTSTANDING food and cake to the AMAZING hotel services, they made our day that much more special. I would recommend the hotel to any and everyone - they made everything so easy for us. We never worried about a thing when we were there. We received a million compliments about the professionalism of the staff, the beauty of the space, and mainly the overall experience. If I could... I would give Amway 10 stars.

Sent on 08/05/2010

Tiffany A. · Married on 06/19/2010

The Amway Grand was very professional and easy to work with over the year that we dealt with them. They were extremely accommodating and flexible. This was the most elegand and beautiful venue my husband and I could find in the area. On our wedding day they treated us like royalty! Everything was perfect!

Sent on 10/07/2010

Jenna · Married on 05/21/2010

We recently had our wedding reception in the Pantlind Ballroom at the Amway and worked through all the details with Jennifer. She was extremely responsive and a joy to work with. Amway followed through on everything as promised and served and removed all dishes very discreetly to allow the evening to continue without interruption. Amway Hotel has always had a "classy" reputation and given our wedding experience we truly observed the top notch service. To our surprise when my groom and I went to our suite at the end of the evening there was a bottle of chilled champagne, fresh baked cookies, and chocolate covered strawberries! As a busy newlywed couple trying to mingle with everyone else, you often don't get the chance to grab enough to eat so the sweet treat at the end of the night was the icing on the cake.
    Speaking of cake- we had Amway do our cake as well. It was absolutely beautiful and i've heard rave reviews on the taste! I can't wait for our one year anniversary to have a fresh baked one to enjoy with my husband :)

Sent on 06/03/2010

Rafal · Married on 04/16/2010

My wedding was held on April 16, 2010 and Amway was a great place to have the reception! They were completely professional and helpful with everything. Its a pretty big venue so it could hold all my guests with ease with plenty of room to spare. It was an experience of a lifetime. Thank you Amway!!!

Sent on 04/23/2010

Erin · Married on 12/31/2009

Grace Hill was my Sales Manager at the Amway Grand Plaza Hotel. I had a room block reserved for a Holiday (New Years Eve) for my wedding this year. I can't tell you how nice, professional, personable, flexible and responsive she was. Every question I had she made me feel like I was welcomed to inquire and she just took it right over. I thought it would be difficult for the experience to get even better once we got to the hotel and began our stay. I was quite wrong. The rooms were gorgeous, the valet were fabulous, the food was incredible and my out of town guests were on cloud nine. Thank you to Grace and the entire Amway Team for making my wedding just as fabulous as I try to make my clients. I really can't thank you enough. As my family said as they were heading out of town "We surley will be back!" Kudos to you all ~ you all deserve a bonus!

With sincere gratitude,

Jason and Erin Soper
    (December 31, 2009)

Sent on 01/06/2010

Sue · Married on 11/07/2009

The Amway was completely professional and courtious all the way down to the bellman and valet. We have stayed at many fine hotels and I can honestly say this was the best. What I did not remember, they did and just did it so I could enjoy our time.

Sent on 11/11/2009

Erin · Married on 11/07/2009

We thoroughly enjoyed working with the Amway Grand. Grace was so helpful and fantastic to work with.

Sent on 11/20/2009

Sara · Married on 11/07/2009

My wedding reception was held November 7, 2009, at the Amway Grand Plaza in the Imperial Ballroom. Amy Dettwiler was AMAZING! Service was top notch. I could not get over how beautiful the room was.....and the food!!! OH MY GOD, IT WAS FANTASTIC!!!!!! Guests could not stop complimenting my husband and I the entire night. From the moment cocktail hour started until we had the last dance of the night, the Amway Grand Plaza showed our guests an amazing evening.
    Thank you so much!

Sara & Andrew Baudo

Sent on 03/30/2010

J · Married on 10/10/2009

If you want to have a first class celebration, the Amway Grand Plaza will make it happen. Ask questions, be organized, and everything will go smoothly. After everything was said and done for our wedding, the best piece of advice we can give is to book your room for at least two nights.

Sent on 10/17/2009

Kathy · Married on 10/10/2009

Everyone at the Amway Grand was extremely pleasant and helpful. Our daughter's wedding was absolutely wonderful! Great food, awesome staff, beautiful and clean rooms along with the charm of old and new brought together at the Amway made for the perfect event gathering.

Sent on 10/20/2009

Brett · Married on 09/19/2009

All of the guests that stayed at the hotel loved it, and the staff was very friendly and welcoming.

Sent on 10/09/2009

Jill · Married on 09/18/2009

Every employee at the Amway is friendly, professional and helpful. When making a request we never heard the word no from the Amway. They responded to every e-mail and phone call promptly. Many guests at my wedding reception commented on the outstanding customer service that the Amway provided. The Amway is a beautiful hotel with a well deserved great reputation. I can't say enough good things regarding the Amway and would recommend them to anyone getting married.

Sent on 09/30/2009

David · Married on 06/20/2009

Colleen Gill and Grace Hill were my primary contacts for David and my wedding. They were the most wonderful people to work with: professional, curteous, prompt, and just overall fabolous!! Both Colleen and Grace went above and beyond the call of duty for the wedding. It truly was my pleasure to work with them. I deeply appreciate everything that these two women had done!! not only were they like great friends to work with. They are sooo detail oriented, they were actually asking me about things that I had not even thought about. Ex. early check in for our out of town guests. Clearly these women are the best at what they do and the thing that I most appreciated about Colleen and Grace was that they treated our wedding as if it was their own so every detail was considered and brought to my attention.

Honestly, I cannot say enough wonderful things about our experience at the Amway. If there are any other events in David and my life together....We would have it at the Amway and would love to work with Grace and Colleen again.

I would highly recommend anyone, who is getting married, to strongly consider the Amway Grand and to work hand in hand with both Colleen and Grace. Our wedding was perfect literally. Nothing was late, the food was absolutely amazing, and most importantly...the service was phenomenal!!! Again, the food was ridiculously good, we still are receiving compliments (email, phonecalls) letting us know that the food was the best ever. We had our rehearsal dinner at the Amway at Bentham's. Some of our guests the day of the wedding went to Bentham's for lunch because they loved the food from the rehearsal. Oh!! and the cake! During our tasting, the pastry chef Doug, met with us. He actually sat there and listened to our ideas, drew a picture of what we wanted, and then created it for our wedding. It was the most fantastic experience.

Everyone that had attended the wedding praised David and I for doing such a wonderful job with the wedding (again, courtesy of Colleen and Grace). Also, they were estatic with the beauty of the hotel and the wonderful attention that they had received from the entire staff of the Amway.

All in all, the wedding was awesome!! David and I are so grateful to the entire staff at the Amway for making our wedding so wonderful and again, going above and beyond our expectations with everything!!

Sent on 07/01/2009

John · Married on 05/10/2009

Grace was always very pleasant and helpful. Her service was always "top-notch" and she was flexible, all of which were greatly appreciated. The staff at the Amway the night of the wedding were all very kind and helpful. The whole experience at Amway helped to make our wedding day perfect!

Sent on 05/12/2009

Katie · Married on 04/18/2009

The Amway Grand Hotel was wonderful to work with. From the reservation of a guest room block (Grace) to working with the flexible catering manager (Amy) to the banquet captain (Dennis) at the recetion. The food was spectacular. The Imperial Ballroom is a very impressive location for a wedding reception.

We were able to also hold our rehearsal dinner on site which alleviated headaches for our out of town guests.

My wedding day would not have been as spectacular without the help from the staff at the Amway Grand Hotel! I would definitely reccommend this venue to any bride!

Sent on 04/27/2009

John · Married on 04/08/2009

Sent on 05/26/2010

Holly · Married on 01/17/2009

Working with Grace, and the other staff at the Amway, to arrange accommodations for our January wedding was easy! Our guests were impressed by the beautiful hotel and their rooms. Anyone who needed assistance from the front desk got the answers they needed and immediate help. I will say that we had a bit of a challenge getting our gift bags delivered properly. I would encourage brides to match the guest list from the hotel to correspond with the names on the bag (ie. if your friend goes by "Katie", but would have registered for her room with her proper name "Mary Kathryn", be sure to let the hotel know, because they can't read your mind. Richard and his staff at the bell station made everything right as soon as a notified them of the confusion.

Sent on 03/02/2009

Stephanie · Married on 10/18/2008

The Amway Grand Plaza Hotel was the best decision we made for our wedding. Every single person we worked with handled everything perfectly. Amy Dettwiler in Catering/Sales, Grace Kuklewski, sales/manager and Dennis Higgins were FANTASTIC to work with. The food was outstanding, everything from the salad, soup, entree, cake, fajita station, and brunch were TOP NOTCH. The hotels were beautiful, clean and very spacious! I would recommend the Amway Grand Plaza to anyone who wants to have the most memorable wedding experience.

Sent on 10/31/2008

Amway Grand Plaza Hotel's reply:

Thank you Stephanie! You have been a joy to work with and we are honored to be a part of your wedding celebration. Please don't hesitate to let us know if we can be of any service to you in the future.

S · Married on 10/04/2008

Sent on 05/21/2009

Erica · Married on 09/20/2008

The Amway was a beautiful and elegant venue for our wedding. The staff was courteous and highly professional. You can't go wrong with the Amway -- they truly take their weddings seriously!

Sent on 10/10/2008

Amway Grand Plaza Hotel's reply:

Thank you Erica! We truly appreciate your continued support and feel honored to be a part of your special day. Please don't hesitate to let us know if we can be of any service to you in the future.

Ellen · Married on 09/13/2008

We used this hotel for wedding party, family, and guests. From the first moment we contacted them, they were graciously attentive to everything we needed! A fantastic staff and elegant surroundings made the whole wedding event a delight!

Sent on 09/20/2008

Amway Grand Plaza Hotel's reply:

Thank you so much for your gracious response! We hope that you'll visit us again soon.