109 Reviews for Amway Grand Plaza Hotel

Parking (1)
Valet (1)
Wheelchair Access (1)
109 Amway Grand Plaza Hotel Reviews

I used the Amway spa for myself and my bridesmaids on my wedding day. Everyone looked gorgeous and we had a great time. Kimberly is awesome!

Profile Picture amber, 10/21/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Amway is so helpful and helps make planning so stress free!! Plus everything they do is exceptional.

Profile Picture User5280460, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
4.2

Great to work with! Will help you make your day exactly what you want--they're not pushy to sell more!

Profile Picture Teresa, 5/21/16, 10 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Tastings, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Indoor, Bartender(s), House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Open Bar, Accommodations, Cake, Parking, Valet, Wheelchair Access

My husband and I had our wedding reception in the Imperial Ballroom at the Amway Grand this July. Our experience was absolutely phenomenal! The staff has a way of meticulously taking care of even the tiniest details yet they make the whole process easy and relaxed. Alia worked closely with us on the details of our and event and menu. She was incredibly patient, helpful, and thoughtful. I would not have even the tiniest reservation in recommending this venue to any bride!

Profile Picture User3957762, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

If you are getting married in the West Michigan area, there is no greater beauty than the Amway Grand Plaza Hotel. I knew that when I put down my deposit for the gorgeous Pantlind Ballroom, we were going to be WELL taken care of. Grace was so helpful when giving us the initial tour, and patiently walked us through their normal policies, room block info, etc. She was half the reason we ended up booking the hotel in the first place due to her professionalism, charm, and wedding knowledge. Once we booked, we were handed off to Katie in the catering department. She is just so sweet and attentive - make sure you ask for her! Our tasting came a few months later and we were blown away by how delicious it was. We made a few adjustments to our meal and they were quick to accommodate the revisions. Don't forget about their cake! Hands down best wedding cake I've ever tasted... and I've been to dozens of weddings. Overall, our experience thus far has been phenomenal, and it just makes me more and more excited for our upcoming wedding in September! The Amway Grand Plaza Hotel is the epitome of elegance, old-world beauty, and world-class customer service. Do yourself a favor and book them for your wedding.

Profile Picture Amanda, 9/19/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

We could not have had a better experience for our wedding weekend than we did with the Amway Grand Plaza Hotel. I contacted their wedding coordinator, Grace Hill, about 8 months prior to our wedding and she took care of us like it was her own wedding. She was responsive, honest, kind, and so easy to work with. She then assigned me to Katie Dietrich as my catering manager, and she was just as wonderful!

Fast forward a few months.... From the moment my bridesmaids and I walked into our getting-ready suite, we were blown away. The suites on the tower side of the hotel had just been renovated and they were absolutely stunning. Even the helpful valet attendees and bellmen were such a pleasure to work with and would drop anything to help us with our things.

We had our ceremony at our home church in Grand Rapids, but we immediately came back to the hotel for our reception in the Pantlind Ballroom. First and foremost, the room itself emanates an old-world, palace look-and-feel... almost like you are in Versailles, France! The gold-gilded ceilings and mirrored walls just sparkle when the lights are dimmed and you first walk in.

The meal was not only hands-down the best wedding dinner I've ever had, but one of the best meals of all time! The food was warm, perfectly seasoned, and super fresh. Our servers were very attentive and handled our every need. Don't even get me started on that cake.. We had the red velvet cake with cream cheese filling AND a dark chocolate cake with peanut butter ganache filling. It was to DIE for and all of our guests were over the moon.

The weekend was perfect, and I could not have hoped for a better wedding than the one we had. Thank you to every single person involved. I would recommend them to every Bride I meet for their own special day.

Profile Picture Amanda, 9/19/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our wedding the Amway turned out gorgeous and was so easy to plan! Would highly recommend the Amway and working with Lindsey and Grace :)

Profile Picture Sarah, 5/10/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

I'm so happy my husband and I decided to stay at Amway the night of our wedding. It is a beautiful hotel, and it's in a great location. The wedding specialist was wonderful! She booked our room for us and also booked our rooms for our guests. We were not from the area so we had to visit Grand Rapids a couple of times prior to the wedding, and Grace took great care of us each time we visited. I never had to book my own room or talk to anyone in the reservation department because Grace had everything set up for us before we arrived. Our guests, my husband, and I were very impressed with the hotel and staff.

Profile Picture User3089840, 2+ years ago, 7 Reviews
Category: Travel

My dream had always been to have my wedding reception at the Amway Grand Plaza. I am absolutely pleased by the service Amway has provided. My experience working with Amy was wonderful. The taste testing experience was a memory I will always remember. When we asked to alter a dish, the chef was more than willing to assist us and provide a second taste testing to ensure delicious meal options for our reception. The cake was beautiful and delicious. From our first meeting with Amy up to our wedding night stay at Amway, my husband and I were amazed by the treatment we were given. I would highly recommend to anyone who is considering this venue. You will not regret it!

Profile Picture Jessica, 8/18/13, 8 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had both our Ceremony and Reception here and planned our wedding from California. We worked with Amy Dettwiler for all our catering and ceremony needs and she was exceptional!! She made it so easy for us and had everything planned out, you could tell that she had a lot of experience and led us down a path for success. The Amway is a beautiful hotel and we had our ceremony in the Presidential Ballroom with the reception in the Pantlind Ballroom. It turned out wonderfully and we can't thank them enough for the customer service that they provided to us.

In addition, our food was delicious! We received a lot of comments that it was the best food that our guest had ever had at a wedding. From the coconut shrimp to the most delicious wedding cake we could have asked for, the food was excellent and beyond our expectations. I highly recommend the Amway if you are having your wedding in Grand Rapids, they will not steer you wrong.

Profile Picture Michele, 10/27/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Grand Plaza in St Pete did a wonderful job on everything. The rooms were ready ahead of time which allowed our guests an early check in which really helped. Wonderful job!

Profile Picture Meagan, 10/6/12, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our reception was in the Pantind ballroom at the Amway Grand Plaza Hotel. It was AMAZING! The room was GORGEOUS and the staff was super helpful. They set everything up, made sure the room was perfect, and when it came to serving the guests, they were quick and polite. The food was delicious, never had better wedding food in my life and thats not bias:) We did not get a chance to taste the cake before we cut into it...when that piece hit my mouth it was so moist and amazing I couldn't help but smile. The whole event was put together with great professionalism and the food/dessert was the fantastic. They even made a birthday cake for my mom, lit the candle, and let me bring it to her as a surprise:) I would highly recommend using Amway for your wedding venue. You wont be disappointed!

Profile Picture Jessica, 9/8/12, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

The food was amazing, the waiters where very nice and made everyone feel comfortable and catered to the bridal party well.

Profile Picture Sheena, 9/1/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Unique Services (Other)

I used this vendor for my wedding host hotel - room block. Pre-planning and responsiveness the weekend of our room block was great. My one concern and complaint is that post the event weekend I have sent Grace a question about a card that was delivered to my room after we checked out and I still have not heard back regarding this matter. I even stopped into the hotel the week following and spoke with the Desk Manager and the Bell hop, who also took my information and let me know that Grace had reached out to them as well and promised that I would hear from someone. I still have not heard back and this has left me with an unprofessional view of the hotel. The Bell Hop/valet was absolutely wonderful for our guests during our stay however and that expereince was a high point. The follow up post our event weekend has been disappointing.

Profile Picture Malissa, 8/25/12, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

excellent service, quality and communication. We had a few unusual needs for our guests and they readily problem solved and accomodated our needs.
Grace Hill and Jennifer May were a delight to work with and our event was spectacular!

Profile Picture C K, 8/18/12, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our daughter , who lives in San Francisco, was getting married in Grand Rapids with mostly out of town guests. We needed a venue that was beautiful,convenient and served great food. The Amway Grand Plaza Hotel delivered on all of these things and then some. Our team of Grace Hill, wedding planner, and Kevin Johnston, director of catering, worked with us to show us how we could have a wedding reception, rehearsal dinner and Sunday brunch all at the same venue while giving each event it's own distinct feel, from urban contemporary to ballroom formal to outdoor bistro. Grace and Kevin did not just respond to our requests they became fully engaged in creating the weekend we envisioned. They offered many helpful suggestions and kept us updated on everything. In short, the service was outstanding. We received many compliments from our guests who were impressed with the food, service and amenities that the Amway offered. I do not believe there is another venue in GR that could deliver all we asked at such a high level. Having Grace Hill and Kevin Johnston-the A Team- working for us allowed me, my husband and the bride and groom to completely relax and enjoy the weekend. We were lucky to have them and the Amway is lucky as well.

Profile Picture Karen, 8/18/12, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
4.7

If you want a 1st class venue for your reception, look no further. It's definitely on the more expensive side, but worth every penny. They take care of EVERYTHING for you! The food is incredible - my guests RAVED about the cocktail hour hors d'ouevres, dinner was amazing, and the cupcakes (instead of wedding cake) were the smash hit of the night!

Profile Picture Jaime, 8/11/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Amway was the perfect location for our wedding reception. I've known I've wanted to have my reception here since I was little. :) Amy Detweiller was a fantastic wedding organizer, provided by the Amway. Service at the reception was impeccable and Amy had arranged everything exactly to our wishes. The Pantlind Ballroom was beautiful and many, many of our guests commented on both the elegance of the ballroom and the hotel in general. Our guests stayed in the updated Tower section of the hotel and my husband and I stayed in one of the Tower Suites which had a wonderful view of the river. I highly recommend the Amway. They made our wedding day and night perfect!

Profile Picture Mandy, 8/11/12, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Amway Grand was a great wedding reception venue. The staff was beyond courteous and professional. The room was gorgeous and the food was perfect. We received so many compliments on our night. They gave us the wedding that we always wanted.

Profile Picture User1581131, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
4.1

The venue is beautiful! The food was great. We had the cupcake tower instead of the traditional wedding cake, it was a big hit! Highly recommend this venue.

Profile Picture User2088042, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Amway Grand Hotel Staff made my wedding the most memorable day of my life. They were helpful and flexible. I could have not picked a better place to celebrate my wedding.

Profile Picture User2625155, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
3.4

If you are getting married at the Amway, you better plan on spending top dollar. We were expecting a detailed contract, there wasn't and after we draft it up, it still took several weeks to get it finalized and signed. After we paid the deposit, didn't get a receipt, it took another trip down there to get one for our insurance company. The funny thing is the lady asked me "why do you need a receipt?" Consider the amount of events they host, I expected it to be more professional.
The wedding did go smoothly though, Darrin is very professional, flexible and very detailed. That was very helpful. We were able to setup the night before since there wasn't anyone using the room.We didn't have a cake since they won't allowed it unless it's their cake and it was pricy. They also charge a 22% service fee. Which makes the sound and visual system very expensive, so beware!! Consider that part of your budget as well.
The service was good overall. The food is fantastic and our guests had a wonderful time. We did have a few people crashing our cocktail hour by coming over and got several free drinks. To be honest, I don't see how one can prevent that. Maybe have your wedding party keeping an eye on it.The Amway did give us $100 gift card since we have no idea how many drinks those ppl took. That was very nice of them.

Profile Picture User2044219, 2+ years ago, 9 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I had my guests stay at the Amway Grand Plaza for my wedding. They all absolutely loved it! I heard nothing but great compliments saying it was beautiful, clean, and that the staff was so friendly and professional. I kept needing to add rooms to my block and working with Grace was such a pleasure. She made the experience stress free and did everything possible to help me get more rooms over such a busy period for the hotel. I also used the salon for my hair, make-up and pre-wedding pampering. I absolutely loved my hair and make-up and the girls working in the salon were wonderful! I would absolutely would recommend working with the Amway.

Profile Picture Krystal, 6/2/12, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health, Ceremony & Reception Venue

we were very satisfied with our event. everything went well as planned and the staff was extremely accommodating.

Profile Picture Vinutha, 5/26/12, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Grace Hill, Kevin Johnston and entire Amway Grand Plaza Hotel staff did an absolutely outstanding job putting on a world class wedding reception and wedding weekend event right here in downtown Grand Rapids - thanks to all of you from the bottom of our hearts !
The Lievenses
(See link below for Andy Atkins Video )

Profile Picture User2650745, 2+ years ago, 7 Reviews