Amway Grand Plaza Hotel Reviews

109 | Grand Rapids, MI

109 Reviews for Amway Grand Plaza Hotel

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

amber · Married on 10/21/2017

I used the Amway spa for myself and my bridesmaids on my wedding day. Everyone looked gorgeous and we had a great time. Kimberly is awesome!

Amway is so helpful and helps make planning so stress free!! Plus everything they do is exceptional.

My husband and I had our wedding reception in the Imperial Ballroom at the Amway Grand this July. Our experience was absolutely phenomenal! The staff has a way of meticulously taking care of even the tiniest details yet they make the whole process easy and relaxed. Alia worked closely with us on the details of our and event and menu. She was incredibly patient, helpful, and thoughtful. I would not have even the tiniest reservation in recommending this venue to any bride!

• User4219112 · 2+ years ago

If you are getting married in the West Michigan area, there is no greater beauty than the Amway Grand Plaza Hotel. I knew that when I put down my deposit for the gorgeous Pantlind Ballroom, we were going to be WELL taken care of. Grace was so helpful when giving us the initial tour, and patiently walked us through their normal policies, room block info, etc. She was half the reason we ended up booking the hotel in the first place due to her professionalism, charm, and wedding knowledge. Once we booked, we were handed off to Katie in the catering department. She is just so sweet and attentive - make sure you ask for her! Our tasting came a few months later and we were blown away by how delicious it was. We made a few adjustments to our meal and they were quick to accommodate the revisions. Don't forget about their cake! Hands down best wedding cake I've ever tasted... and I've been to dozens of weddings. Overall, our experience thus far has been phenomenal, and it just makes me more and more excited for our upcoming wedding in September! The Amway Grand Plaza Hotel is the epitome of elegance, old-world beauty, and world-class customer service. Do yourself a favor and book them for your wedding.

Amanda · Married on 09/19/2014

We could not have had a better experience for our wedding weekend than we did with the Amway Grand Plaza Hotel. I contacted their wedding coordinator, Grace Hill, about 8 months prior to our wedding and she took care of us like it was her own wedding. She was responsive, honest, kind, and so easy to work with. She then assigned me to Katie Dietrich as my catering manager, and she was just as wonderful!

Fast forward a few months.... From the moment my bridesmaids and I walked into our getting-ready suite, we were blown away. The suites on the tower side of the hotel had just been renovated and they were absolutely stunning. Even the helpful valet attendees and bellmen were such a pleasure to work with and would drop anything to help us with our things.

We had our ceremony at our home church in Grand Rapids, but we immediately came back to the hotel for our reception in the Pantlind Ballroom. First and foremost, the room itself emanates an old-world, palace look-and-feel... almost like you are in Versailles, France! The gold-gilded ceilings and mirrored walls just sparkle when the lights are dimmed and you first walk in.

The meal was not only hands-down the best wedding dinner I've ever had, but one of the best meals of all time! The food was warm, perfectly seasoned, and super fresh. Our servers were very attentive and handled our every need. Don't even get me started on that cake.. We had the red velvet cake with cream cheese filling AND a dark chocolate cake with peanut butter ganache filling. It was to DIE for and all of our guests were over the moon.

The weekend was perfect, and I could not have hoped for a better wedding than the one we had. Thank you to every single person involved. I would recommend them to every Bride I meet for their own special day.

I'm so happy my husband and I decided to stay at Amway the night of our wedding. It is a beautiful hotel, and it's in a great location. The wedding specialist was wonderful! She booked our room for us and also booked our rooms for our guests. We were not from the area so we had to visit Grand Rapids a couple of times prior to the wedding, and Grace took great care of us each time we visited. I never had to book my own room or talk to anyone in the reservation department because Grace had everything set up for us before we arrived. Our guests, my husband, and I were very impressed with the hotel and staff.

• Jess

Jessica · Married on 08/18/2013

My dream had always been to have my wedding reception at the Amway Grand Plaza. I am absolutely pleased by the service Amway has provided. My experience working with Amy was wonderful. The taste testing experience was a memory I will always remember. When we asked to alter a dish, the chef was more than willing to assist us and provide a second taste testing to ensure delicious meal options for our reception. The cake was beautiful and delicious. From our first meeting with Amy up to our wedding night stay at Amway, my husband and I were amazed by the treatment we were given. I would highly recommend to anyone who is considering this venue. You will not regret it!

Michele · Married on 10/27/2012

We had both our Ceremony and Reception here and planned our wedding from California. We worked with Amy Dettwiler for all our catering and ceremony needs and she was exceptional!! She made it so easy for us and had everything planned out, you could tell that she had a lot of experience and led us down a path for success. The Amway is a beautiful hotel and we had our ceremony in the Presidential Ballroom with the reception in the Pantlind Ballroom. It turned out wonderfully and we can't thank them enough for the customer service that they provided to us.

In addition, our food was delicious! We received a lot of comments that it was the best food that our guest had ever had at a wedding. From the coconut shrimp to the most delicious wedding cake we could have asked for, the food was excellent and beyond our expectations. I highly recommend the Amway if you are having your wedding in Grand Rapids, they will not steer you wrong.

Meagan · Married on 10/06/2012

The Grand Plaza in St Pete did a wonderful job on everything. The rooms were ready ahead of time which allowed our guests an early check in which really helped. Wonderful job!

Jessica · Married on 09/08/2012

Our reception was in the Pantind ballroom at the Amway Grand Plaza Hotel. It was AMAZING! The room was GORGEOUS and the staff was super helpful. They set everything up, made sure the room was perfect, and when it came to serving the guests, they were quick and polite. The food was delicious, never had better wedding food in my life and thats not bias:) We did not get a chance to taste the cake before we cut into it...when that piece hit my mouth it was so moist and amazing I couldn't help but smile. The whole event was put together with great professionalism and the food/dessert was the fantastic. They even made a birthday cake for my mom, lit the candle, and let me bring it to her as a surprise:) I would highly recommend using Amway for your wedding venue. You wont be disappointed!

• Sheena

Sheena · Married on 09/01/2012

The food was amazing, the waiters where very nice and made everyone feel comfortable and catered to the bridal party well.

C K · Married on 08/18/2012

excellent service, quality and communication. We had a few unusual needs for our guests and they readily problem solved and accomodated our needs.
    Grace Hill and Jennifer May were a delight to work with and our event was spectacular!

Karen · Married on 08/18/2012

Our daughter , who lives in San Francisco, was getting married in Grand Rapids with mostly out of town guests. We needed a venue that was beautiful,convenient and served great food. The Amway Grand Plaza Hotel delivered on all of these things and then some. Our team of Grace Hill, wedding planner, and Kevin Johnston, director of catering, worked with us to show us how we could have a wedding reception, rehearsal dinner and Sunday brunch all at the same venue while giving each event it's own distinct feel, from urban contemporary to ballroom formal to outdoor bistro. Grace and Kevin did not just respond to our requests they became fully engaged in creating the weekend we envisioned. They offered many helpful suggestions and kept us updated on everything. In short, the service was outstanding. We received many compliments from our guests who were impressed with the food, service and amenities that the Amway offered. I do not believe there is another venue in GR that could deliver all we asked at such a high level. Having Grace Hill and Kevin Johnston-the A Team- working for us allowed me, my husband and the bride and groom to completely relax and enjoy the weekend. We were lucky to have them and the Amway is lucky as well.

The Amway was the perfect location for our wedding reception. I've known I've wanted to have my reception here since I was little. :) Amy Detweiller was a fantastic wedding organizer, provided by the Amway. Service at the reception was impeccable and Amy had arranged everything exactly to our wishes. The Pantlind Ballroom was beautiful and many, many of our guests commented on both the elegance of the ballroom and the hotel in general. Our guests stayed in the updated Tower section of the hotel and my husband and I stayed in one of the Tower Suites which had a wonderful view of the river. I highly recommend the Amway. They made our wedding day and night perfect!

The Amway Grand Hotel Staff made my wedding the most memorable day of my life. They were helpful and flexible. I could have not picked a better place to celebrate my wedding.

• User2042870 · 2+ years ago

I had my guests stay at the Amway Grand Plaza for my wedding. They all absolutely loved it! I heard nothing but great compliments saying it was beautiful, clean, and that the staff was so friendly and professional. I kept needing to add rooms to my block and working with Grace was such a pleasure. She made the experience stress free and did everything possible to help me get more rooms over such a busy period for the hotel. I also used the salon for my hair, make-up and pre-wedding pampering. I absolutely loved my hair and make-up and the girls working in the salon were wonderful! I would absolutely would recommend working with the Amway.

Vinutha · Married on 05/26/2012

we were very satisfied with our event. everything went well as planned and the staff was extremely accommodating.

Grace Hill, Kevin Johnston and entire Amway Grand Plaza Hotel staff did an absolutely outstanding job putting on a world class wedding reception and wedding weekend event right here in downtown Grand Rapids - thanks to all of you from the bottom of our hearts !
    The Lievenses
    (See link below for Andy Atkins Video )

Marie · Married on 09/24/2011

I had the most beautiful wedding at the Amway Grand Plaza Hotel! Our coordinator Darrin Lettinga was such a pleasure to work with and helped us every way possible. Our room coordinator Grace Hill was also such a joy and helped us with anything she could. Our food was amazing, and the staff was so kind hearted and provided excellent service! Thank you Amway!! You're the best!

Kailey · Married on 09/17/2011

I could not have had a better experience with the staff at the Amway Grand Plaza Hotel. Jennifer and Grace were an absolute delight to work with.They were very accommodating to our requests and always quick to get back to us with an answer. They treated us not only as clients, but as people they genuinely cared about. From catering to booking rooms for our guests, they were always on top of everything and eager to help when they could. The ambiance of the hotel and staff created a wonderful atmosphere for our guests and for us during our wedding weekend. We will definitely be recommending this venue :)

• W

Anne · Married on 09/17/2011

If you want a reception where absolutely everything is taken care of for you. If you want a bride that is worry free and extreamly happy on her wedding day then definetly choose the Amway Grand. Their staff is fabulous, their food wonderful and the reception venues timeless. Ours was in the Imperial Ballroom and the old time charm and character is unmatched by any other venue in the city. The staff works so well with your other vendors, they take care of your guests and really make you feel that your wedding is the most important wedding that has ever been held there. It is worth the extra $$ you will not be dissappointed. Also consider GP sports in the Amway if you want a REALLY reasonablly priced and fun casual rehearsal dinner spot. My guests loved it.

Kim · Married on 08/13/2011

Our wedding at the Amway Grand Plaza Hotel was PERFECT! They were amazing from beginning to end!

Lucia · Married on 07/23/2011

The amway provided catering at the Gram(GR Art Museum). Grace Hill, the coordinator was outstanding, so helpful, responsive, and able to secure vendors for other services on very short notice! We can't say enough about Grace Hill and the Amway Team!
    Lucia & Larry Patzelt and Family

Alicia · Married on 06/18/2011

Amway was great. They have a friendly and super helpful staff that makes sure everything is running smoothly on your important day.
    The hotel is beautiful and they did a great Job on our wedding and our stay there.

Keri · Married on 05/14/2011

I was so happy to have the Amway hotel included in my list of wedding vendors!! I reserved a block of hotel rooms for our wedding guests, and couldn't have been happier with the service we received. My husband and I also stayed there on our wedding night and couldn't have asked for a better place to spend our first night as husband and wife. And our wonderful sales manager, Grace, was so sweet and sent us a small gift in our room which was a wonderful surprise! Grace was such a help through the entire process and was extremely responsive to all of my questions. She also assisted me with vendor recommendations and with her help, we booked a great transportation company as well as helping to coordinate my makeup appointment. I used the Vasaio Spa inside the Amway, and they were also absolutely wonderful & my makeup was PERFECT thanks to Rachel! :) I would definitely recommend using the Amway for any wedding related needs - they are professional and you will receive superior service from everyone you come in contact with!