Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

180 Reviews for Amphora Bakery

Vegan (1)
Fresh Fruit (1)
Local (1)
179 Amphora Bakery Reviews

We just held my daughter's bridal shower here. We had a fun cupcake decorating workshop and then enjoyed some delicious treats from the Amphora Catering while she opened her gifts. All the ladies loved it!

Profile Picture Melissa, 6/9/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

They were great! The cake didn't come out exactly how we wanted it but it was delicious nonetheless!

Profile Picture Cynthia, 11/18/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Our wedding cake from Amphora was amazing! We were able to do an extensive (and free) sampling of their cakes before selecting. It was so helpful for us in making a decision, although all of the samples were amazing. We decided to do a different type of cake filing on the top and bottom layer of the cake. We worked with Katie and she was absolutely wonderful. We plan on getting cakes there for future birthdays and other occasions. The cake was a huge success at the wedding as well.

Profile Picture Alex, 11/12/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Fantastic cakes and service! We ordered the vanilla/mocha cake and it was absolutely delicious and stunningly beautiful! The skill and quality of the cake decorations was truly phenomenal. The tasting was complimentary and blew us away. So many flavors to taste while looking at their amazing talent in their shop at the Herndon location. We would highly recommend Amphora Bakery for any future cake orders!

Profile Picture Abigail, 10/7/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cakes

Outstanding wedding cake. We chose the red velvet and it was delicious!

Profile Picture Marianne, 10/1/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Delivery, Private Tastings, Cakes

When we were looking for a baker for our wedding, we knew that we wanted cupcakes and we knew we wanted a dessert where the frosting didn't taste like pure sugar. One of the first things that Amphora Bakery said to us at our tasting was that they didn't want us to be surprised that the frosting isn't as sweet as most places. They use a different buttercream recipe, and it was perfect for us. You actually TASTE the flavors of the frosting, instead of just pure sugar.

They were sometimes a little slow to respond to emails, but were reliable by phone. I would suggest dealing through phone, first. They do have a store front (at least in Herndon), so you can purchase and try some of their baked goods before any tastings, as well.

Everyone raved about how good the cupcakes were. We've already decided that they are our go-to bakery for any future events.

Profile Picture Deborah, 6/10/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Delivery, Private Tastings, Cupcakes

I was beyond pleased with both the wedding cake and the grooms cake!! Both Maria Cholakis and Katie Metzbower were so wonderful and easy to work with from the cake tasting until right up wedding day. I was very back and forth when it came to the amount of additional sheet cake I wanted as well as the final design for the grooms cake and they were always so accommodating and flexible with my requests to make sure I was completely happy with the final result...which I was! Our wedding cake was STUNNING and tasted amazing and grooms cake was exactly how I wanted it to be for my husband and he loved it! Thank you, Amphora - we are excited to work with them again in the future!

Profile Picture Alicia, 5/20/17, 13 Reviews
Services Used: Custom Design, Delivery, Private Tastings, Cakes, Groom's Cake

I kept seeing Amphora Bakery at wedding expos and events, so after I had a consultation at another bakery (and was completely turned off), I met with a lady at Amphora, and I was hooked. We had a complimentary tasting and all the samples were very tasty. They had books of SO many options for cakes, and I came prepared with an idea of what I wanted mixed with some images from Pinterest. They helped me select the cake I wanted, and then we got into customizing it. I never knew there were so many options and ways to make a cake your own! They gave options to save money (such as having a smaller tiered display cake with an additional sheet cake in the back), which the other bakery I checked out did NOT offer. The delivery and presentation of thed finished cake was excellent, and tasted sooo good! I highly recomment Amphora Bakery for your wedding cake!

Profile Picture Christina, 4/23/17, 9 Reviews
Services Used: Cakes, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Private Tastings
3.3

Very pretty looking cake, exactly the way i wanted it, Tasted great! I had three flavors on my cake Chocolate, Grand Marnier and Amaretto. The whole tasting, ordering, contract signing process went smooth, the only thing that got me upset was when the delivery person left the cake out on a table at 5:00pm, although they were aware that the event time was 7:00pm. So, besides a tiny panic attack, I likes the place!

Profile Picture Natasha, 10/15/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Ordered wedding cupcakes and they were delicious! Everything was as ordered and were delivered on time.

Profile Picture Courtney, 10/15/16, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Cupcakes, Consultations, Delivery, Private Tastings

Our carrot cake wedding cake was delicious and beautiful!

Profile Picture Stefanie, 10/9/16, 5 Reviews
0.5

BRIDES STAY AWAY! I ordered my cake from here and had nothing but problems since the 1st meeting. You name it and it happened. After all the problems got solved I figured I would be able to enjoy my wedding and my cake would show up and be perfect... yeah right. They brought me the wrong wedding cake! They brought 3 wrong round cakes and my tiered cake was the correct flavors but the wrong color and wrong design. The small cakes were supposed to be tres leche instead they brought me apple spice cake. I ordered the brightest white possible. Instead I got an ugly off white/orange color cake. After all the problems when I went in before my wedding to give them accessories for my cake I asked to speak to the woman I had been emailing with for months so we'd all be on the same page. It wasn't even a difficult cake, all I wanted was heart scrolls on it, no complicated flowers or anything! The woman showed me the contract and everything looked fine so silly me for assuming they'd get it correct on my wedding day! Also it turns out that the woman that I talked to that day was pretending to be the woman I had been emailing with. I didn't find out until later that it was a different person! They should have been honest instead of lying to me about it. My mom emailed them and they said since the small cakes were wrong she could have $200 back. We tried explaining that more than just the 3 small cakes were wrong that the color and design were too and they didn't care. We paid over $1600 for my cake, half of it was wrong and all your going to give us back is $200 just to make us go away? When I got back from my honeymoon I went to amphoras to speak to the manager Brandon. I hate writing bad reviews so I wanted to talk to him and settle everything quickly . He apologized and claimed he wasn't told the whole story. I thought he was sincere, he promised me he would call or email me back within a week. It's been a month, I've called multiple times and heard nothing back.

Profile Picture Ashlee, 9/10/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

You really can't go wrong with Amphora. My daughters wedding cake was beautiful and delicious. The staff at Amphora was very accommodating in setting up a tasting for us during the Christmas season (a very busy time of year for them) as it was the only time both the bride and groom would be in the area until a month before the wedding. They even suggested a way to personalize the cake for the bride and groom. They delivered the cake and set it up on time and the delivery charge of less the $30 was quite reasonable compared to others. I'd definitely recommend Amphora for any of your bakery needs.

Profile Picture Katie, 8/6/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cakes, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings
4.1

Provide delicious and beautiful cakes. Little costy.

Profile Picture User6365862, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

The cake turned out beautifully and we were happy with how they customized the decorations. Their tasting experience was great because you get to try their wide variety of flavors. All of their flavors are so delicious! If you can I would recommend doing a second tasting of your top 3-5 from the first tasting because there are so many! They also helped us do a special surprise birthday cake for my husband’s niece who was turning 14 that same day, so we were able to surprise her with her own customized cake. The day of the wedding they came on time and helped everything flow seamlessly. Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Krysia, 7/30/16, 10 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We have always enjoyed cakes from Amphora, so it was a no-brainer that we book them for our wedding cake. They were great with accomodating us with the tastings and we booked that day before we even met with any other vendor.

Profile Picture User6507405, 1+ year ago, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Custom Design, Private Tastings, Vegan

Bar none this is the only place to purchase your wedding cake! The cakes taste as good as they look! They were very easy to work with and were not over expensive.

Profile Picture Krystle, 7/9/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

For our wedding we wanted something simple, meaningful, tasty, and affordable. Amphora bakery hit all those points! We knew we wanted a German Chocolate cake (a family favorite) and a plain vanilla (to accommodate non chocolate lovers). Amphora's website was easy to navigate which showed prices and sizes. I was able to order both cakes via email and there were no hiccups or miscommunication. The cakes were delivered and delicious, just as we expected. Since we just did 1/2 sheet for each cake it was also very affordable for the 92 guests we had. We got a lot of compliments on the cake!

Profile Picture Sarah, 5/29/16, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Cakes, Delivery

Amphora Bakery was so nice! Wonderful experience! We met with Janet whom said that she has been in the wedding industry for 25+ years which reassured my fiance and I that she knew what she was doing. She offered us water, tea and even soda. So nice of her. We had a large and spacious table to look at all the albums and they have cakes surrounding you which helped out because you could visualize how big your cake would be. Janet brought out more than 12 flavors for us to try. She was very knowledgeable of every flavor and manually placed the filling in the middle of two cake pieces so we would taste it. She did this with every piece. It was so nice of her to take the time to share with all of us (my fiance's parents and my mom) all the flavors we wanted to try. I was confident that my cake would turn out perfect. The exact cake that I wanted was on display too! I couldn't believe it! It looked gorgeous! I would definitely recommend Janet and her team at Amphora Bakery! And I will be getting my cake from them. She reassured me that I could make any changes I wanted and that she is always there to help with anything. 5 Stars does not give her enough credit!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Kerly, 5/7/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I found Amphora Bakery at a bridal expo. I was walking around tasting all of the bakeries' cake samples, and I wasn't entirely impressed with any of them. I passed Amphora as one of the last booths of the day, and my friend said, "oh look, let's try a piece of that cake, too." I was so tired of cake at that moment that I almost didn't have a sample, but BOY AM I GLAD THAT I DID! Even the sample was the most delicious cake I've ever eaten in my life. I immediately went home and emailed for an official tasting with my fiance. Maria was so professional throughout our tasting, which only further solidified that the cakes from Amphora are THE BEST! After we tasted and decided on a flavor, she took plenty of time to review my vision for the wedding and helped us customize one of their former designs into a cake that was perfect for our theme, size of our guest list, and budget. She was a pleasure to work worth during all of the planning, and the cake on our wedding day was just as delicious as the both tastings! I must have sampled cake from 15 bakeries at that expo, and I knew that Amphora had to be our baker the second I tasted their cake. I highly recommend their services!

Profile Picture Erica, 5/7/16, 8 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Our tasting experience was amazing. Response to emails and calls were always quick. The cake was absolutely beautiful and everyone loved it! It tasted better than I remembered! We will definitely be back again.

Profile Picture Jessica, 4/22/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We worked with Maria on ordering a small custom cake for the cake cutting/ serving to immediate family at our wedding. We also ordered an array of desserts for a dessert bar, including floral cupcakes, mini tarts and pies, cookies and brownies. We originally planned to order the desserts through our caterer, but when we realized the huge variety and affordability of ordering directly from the bakery we changed our minds quickly! Our wedding cake turned out wonderfully; it tasted absolutely delicious, was the perfect size and we received lots of compliments on the design. We were hoping to have some leftover desserts after the wedding, but there was nothing to be found! I think this speaks to the quality of the desserts that Amphora provides- everyone scooped them right up! The tasting, order/ payment and delivery were all seamless. We plan on ordering small cakes and desserts for future anniversaries; we were extremely happy with the price and exemplary customer service that was provided to us for our wedding and we highly recommend Amphora Bakery to anyone!

Profile Picture Kathryn, 4/10/16, 9 Reviews
Category: Catering, Wedding Cake
Services Used: Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Private Tastings, Cookies, Cupcakes, Dessert Buffet, Pastries
3.7

Amphora bakery was flexible and met our wedding cake needs. They are a very busy bakery but they were flexible when scheduling a tasting and finalizing our order. We ordered a smaller cake than our expected guest count. The bakery tried to get us to order a larger cake or add cupcakes to the order. It was an attempt to get us to spend more but we declined the offer. The cake was great and they customized the icing and filling that we wanted. We added the extra sparkle to the cake since we didn't do fondant. This really made the cake pop and it looked amazing in pictures.

Profile Picture Jessica, 3/5/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup, Cakes
3.0

This company just cares about the money. They are willing to sweet talk to you until you sign the contract. After, they treat you worse than garbage. It is sad to know people like that exist and work in business. I would not recommend this company to anyone.
Thanks.

Profile Picture Kenia, 10/30/15, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Custom Design, Delivery, Private Tastings, Cakes, Cupcakes

Had the design we were looking for and the kind of wedding cake. Easy to work with and final product was delicious. I highly recommend Amphora for your wedding requirements.

Profile Picture Sharon , 10/24/15, 6 Reviews