Amphora Bakery Reviews

Amphora Bakery 4
  • Brooke

Brooke · Married on 06/08/2019

Great Cake!

We were very happy with our 3-tiered wedding cake! We went into the Bakery a few months prior for a tasting and chose the exact cake we wanted. The wedding assistant was very helpful in explaining our options to us and coordinating the order. The cake was both beautiful AND delicious!

Sent on 06/21/2019
  • Victoria

Victoria · Married on 11/11/2018

Amazing and delicious

We worked with Maria over at Amphora Bakery and she was amazing! She was very patient and professional when trying to design my wedding cake. She had very creative ideas and I was so happy with the final product. The cake tasting was the hardest part....they were all amazing!!!!

Sent on 01/08/2019
    Amphora Bakery 5

Sukanya · Married on 09/07/2018

I'm attaching a picture of our wedding cake, which was absolutely perfect! A lot of people came up to me and said that most wedding cakes they've had have not been very tasty, but our cake was not only beautiful but absolutely delicious! The design and texture and taste were simply phenomenal. Their customer service is fabulous and responses to my emails and phone calls were quick! Thank you Amphora Bakery for making our cake and our wedding vey special!

Sent on 09/27/2018
    Amphora Bakery 6
    Amphora Bakery 7

carla · Married on 03/24/2018

Best Wedding Cake

Most amazing wedding cake! The cake melted in our mouth and the decor was phenomenal!

Sent on 01/25/2019

Alex · Married on 11/12/2017

Our wedding cake from Amphora was amazing! We were able to do an extensive (and free) sampling of their cakes before selecting. It was so helpful for us in making a decision, although all of the samples were amazing. We decided to do a different type of cake filing on the top and bottom layer of the cake. We worked with Katie and she was absolutely wonderful. We plan on getting cakes there for future birthdays and other occasions. The cake was a huge success at the wedding as well.

Sent on 12/03/2017
    Amphora Bakery 8

Abigail · Married on 10/07/2017

Fantastic cakes and service! We ordered the vanilla/mocha cake and it was absolutely delicious and stunningly beautiful! The skill and quality of the cake decorations was truly phenomenal. The tasting was complimentary and blew us away. So many flavors to taste while looking at their amazing talent in their shop at the Herndon location. We would highly recommend Amphora Bakery for any future cake orders!

Sent on 10/24/2017

Marianne · Married on 10/01/2017

Outstanding wedding cake. We chose the red velvet and it was delicious!

Sent on 10/20/2017

We have always enjoyed cakes from Amphora, so it was a no-brainer that we book them for our wedding cake. They were great with accomodating us with the tastings and we booked that day before we even met with any other vendor.

Sent on 04/19/2016

Alicia · Married on 05/20/2017

I was beyond pleased with both the wedding cake and the grooms cake!! Both Maria Cholakis and Katie Metzbower were so wonderful and easy to work with from the cake tasting until right up wedding day. I was very back and forth when it came to the amount of additional sheet cake I wanted as well as the final design for the grooms cake and they were always so accommodating and flexible with my requests to make sure I was completely happy with the final result...which I was! Our wedding cake was STUNNING and tasted amazing and grooms cake was exactly how I wanted it to be for my husband and he loved it! Thank you, Amphora - we are excited to work with them again in the future!

Sent on 06/17/2017

Stefanie · Married on 10/09/2016

Our carrot cake wedding cake was delicious and beautiful!

Sent on 10/28/2016

Krystle · Married on 07/09/2016

Bar none this is the only place to purchase your wedding cake! The cakes taste as good as they look! They were very easy to work with and were not over expensive.

Sent on 08/05/2016

Sarah · Married on 05/29/2016

For our wedding we wanted something simple, meaningful, tasty, and affordable. Amphora bakery hit all those points! We knew we wanted a German Chocolate cake (a family favorite) and a plain vanilla (to accommodate non chocolate lovers). Amphora's website was easy to navigate which showed prices and sizes. I was able to order both cakes via email and there were no hiccups or miscommunication. The cakes were delivered and delicious, just as we expected. Since we just did 1/2 sheet for each cake it was also very affordable for the 92 guests we had. We got a lot of compliments on the cake!

Sent on 06/19/2016

Kerly · Married on 05/07/2016

Amphora Bakery was so nice! Wonderful experience! We met with Janet whom said that she has been in the wedding industry for 25+ years which reassured my fiance and I that she knew what she was doing. She offered us water, tea and even soda. So nice of her. We had a large and spacious table to look at all the albums and they have cakes surrounding you which helped out because you could visualize how big your cake would be. Janet brought out more than 12 flavors for us to try. She was very knowledgeable of every flavor and manually placed the filling in the middle of two cake pieces so we would taste it. She did this with every piece. It was so nice of her to take the time to share with all of us (my fiance's parents and my mom) all the flavors we wanted to try. I was confident that my cake would turn out perfect. The exact cake that I wanted was on display too! I couldn't believe it! It looked gorgeous! I would definitely recommend Janet and her team at Amphora Bakery! And I will be getting my cake from them. She reassured me that I could make any changes I wanted and that she is always there to help with anything. 5 Stars does not give her enough credit!

Sent on 09/08/2015

Dear Kerly,

On behalf of our team here at Amphora Bakery we would like to send you a huge thank you for your review of our wedding cake services. We will be sure to share your feedback with Janet as we know she will be more than thrilled to hear you loved everything about our customer service and attention to detail. We wish you and your husband a happy and prosperous marriage. Thank you again and best wishes,

Your Friends at Amphora Bakery

Erica · Married on 05/07/2016

I found Amphora Bakery at a bridal expo. I was walking around tasting all of the bakeries' cake samples, and I wasn't entirely impressed with any of them. I passed Amphora as one of the last booths of the day, and my friend said, "oh look, let's try a piece of that cake, too." I was so tired of cake at that moment that I almost didn't have a sample, but BOY AM I GLAD THAT I DID! Even the sample was the most delicious cake I've ever eaten in my life. I immediately went home and emailed for an official tasting with my fiance. Maria was so professional throughout our tasting, which only further solidified that the cakes from Amphora are THE BEST! After we tasted and decided on a flavor, she took plenty of time to review my vision for the wedding and helped us customize one of their former designs into a cake that was perfect for our theme, size of our guest list, and budget. She was a pleasure to work worth during all of the planning, and the cake on our wedding day was just as delicious as the both tastings! I must have sampled cake from 15 bakeries at that expo, and I knew that Amphora had to be our baker the second I tasted their cake. I highly recommend their services!

Sent on 06/22/2016

Jessica · Married on 04/22/2016

Our tasting experience was amazing. Response to emails and calls were always quick. The cake was absolutely beautiful and everyone loved it! It tasted better than I remembered! We will definitely be back again.

Sent on 05/18/2016

Kathryn · Married on 04/10/2016

We worked with Maria on ordering a small custom cake for the cake cutting/ serving to immediate family at our wedding. We also ordered an array of desserts for a dessert bar, including floral cupcakes, mini tarts and pies, cookies and brownies. We originally planned to order the desserts through our caterer, but when we realized the huge variety and affordability of ordering directly from the bakery we changed our minds quickly! Our wedding cake turned out wonderfully; it tasted absolutely delicious, was the perfect size and we received lots of compliments on the design. We were hoping to have some leftover desserts after the wedding, but there was nothing to be found! I think this speaks to the quality of the desserts that Amphora provides- everyone scooped them right up! The tasting, order/ payment and delivery were all seamless. We plan on ordering small cakes and desserts for future anniversaries; we were extremely happy with the price and exemplary customer service that was provided to us for our wedding and we highly recommend Amphora Bakery to anyone!

Sent on 07/22/2016

Sharon · Married on 10/24/2015

Had the design we were looking for and the kind of wedding cake. Easy to work with and final product was delicious. I highly recommend Amphora for your wedding requirements.

Sent on 11/04/2015
  • Bella

Bella · Married on 10/03/2015

I worked with Kay Snyder, who was so sweet and SO responsive. I would get emails from her well past working hours, and they worked with us on a complete custom design for a VERY reasonable price.
    We set up a cake tasting and I pretty much decided on the spot I wanted to go with them. We also orderd 14 dozen Macarons from them as favors since we got engaged in Paris. I can't recommend them enough

Sent on 06/18/2015

Hello Bella,

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding our wedding cake services! We are beyond thrilled that you were satisfied with our product and service. We will be sure to share your kind notes with Kay our wedding cake consultant. Also, we have highlighted your review as we believe it will be helpful for other brides-to-be when selecting their wedding cake vendor. Congratulations again to you and your spouse!

Kristen · Married on 10/02/2015

Our wedding cake was delicious! The bakery was easy to work with and provided a free tasting. We chose a vanilla lemon buttercream cake, 2 tiers, with a simple mint green fondant ribbon. It was delivered on time and it was beautiful!! The bakery also provided items for the "All American Dessert Bar" (we used Amphora Catering for our dinner as well). Everything from cookies and brownies to chocolate dipped rice krispies and personal pies. SO GOOD!!

Sent on 10/04/2015

Nicole · Married on 08/16/2015

I have nothing bad to say about Amphora Bakery. They were very responsive and professional. Our wedding cake not only looked great but tasted great as well. I would definitely recommend them.

Sent on 08/25/2015

Dear Nicole,

On behalf of our team here at Amphora Bakery we would like to thank you for posting your review of our wedding cake services. We were delighted to have been your go-to bakery for your wedding cake needs and we hope that you continue to utilize our bakery and dessert services in the near future! Best Wishes to you and your spouse.

Amphora Bakery

everyone loved the cake and went back for seconds, definitely recommend them. I was able to get a cake on very short notice and they let me know during the whole process how cost would work, and how each addition would increase the price.

Sent on 08/25/2015

Amphora Bakery's reply:

Thank you for posting your review of our wedding cake services! We are more than thrilled to hear that you and your guests enjoyed your wedding cake from us! We are proud to have been a part of your special day. Please turn to us again in the future for any of your dessert needs.

Your Friends at Amphora Bakery

Alexis · Married on 07/25/2015

Amphora bakery did an excellent job creating the cake I wanted for my wedding. The cake was beautiful and it tasted amazing. Their service and professionalism was impeccable! I will definitely be returning for my anniversary cake.

Sent on 08/03/2015

Dear Alexis,

Thank you so much for posting your review and sharing the details of your custom wedding cake experience. We are so happy that you loved the outcome of your cake and are even more proud and honored that you shared your story with other brides out there that are looking for wedding cake services. We are so excited that you will be returning to us for your anniversary cake services. Please contact us at any time and we will be more than happy to help you with your order.

Your friends at Amphora Bakery

Kristen · Married on 07/25/2015

Amphora did an excellent job with our wedding cake. From the tasting to the wedding day everything was handled smoothly. The cake was delicious and enjoyed by all.

Sent on 08/07/2015

Dear Kristin and Tim,

Thank you both so much for your positive review of our wedding cake services! We were honored that you chose us as your vendor for your wedding cake. We truly love having the opportunity to become involved in our brides and grooms-to-be wedding planning process and it makes us so happy to hear that you loved everything about your wedding cake! We hope that others out there who are searching for a wedding cake vendor will read your review and turn to us for their special day.

Your friends at Amphora Bakery

Briana · Married on 06/20/2015

Cake was perfect! Beautiful and delicious. I asked for very specific decorations and it all came out exactly like I wanted it. The cake tasting was so much fun and they have so many options for designs. It was a great experience.

Sent on 10/01/2015

Amazing cake! Great customer service. Great value. They even delivered and on time. I would recommend to anyone.

Sent on 07/14/2015

Amphora Bakery's reply:

Thank you so much for posting your review of our wedding cake services! On behalf of our team here at Amphora Bakery we are honored that you turned to us for your specialty cake. Please turn to us again for any of your future bakery needs. Best Wishes, your friends at Amphora Bakery.