Ampersand Weddings & Events Reviews

Westlake Village, CA
5.0 out of 5 rating, 41 Reviews
View more information

Reviews

Your trust is our goal. Our community relies on honest reviews to help you make those big decisions with ease.
WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2024 Winner
100% recommend it

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2024 Winner
WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2023 Winner
WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2022 Winner
WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner
    Jordan B. Sent on 07/02/2024
      5.0 out of 5 rating

incredible service provided by Ampersand!

We are absolutely thrilled with the incredible service provided by Ampersand! They truly went above and beyond to make our special day unforgettable.
    From the moment we started working with them, they made us feel completely comfortable and supported. They joined our meetings with all of our vendors and even traveled to Palm Springs to meet us at our in person appointments, ensuring we asked the right questions and made informed decisions. Their guidance was invaluable.
    On the day of the wedding, the venue was transformed into a glamorous, beautiful space that surpassed our wildest dreams. The attention to detail and the seamless execution were nothing short of magical. Everything went off without a hitch, allowing us to fully enjoy every moment of our celebration. All of our guests can’t stop talking about how perfect the wedding was & how they had the best time.
    We were a little picky choosing some of our vendors but Karen and Nikki patiently helped us find the perfect vendors for all of our services.
    Ampersand is a very family oriented team. Karen even met with both of our mothers and families to listen to their needs and make them feel heard and included.
    We couldn't have asked for a better team to help us plan our wedding. Their professionalism, dedication, and creativity made all the difference. We wholeheartedly recommend them to anyone looking for exceptional wedding planners!
    Thank you for making our day perfect!

Ampersand Weddings & Events's reply:

Jessica and Jordan! What a beautiful and touching review! Thank you so much for giving our Ampersand team the honor of working on your wedding! What a fun weekend it was in Palm Springs and the most perfect day! You were gems to work with and we will miss you both! xx
    Luke D. Sent on 12/28/2023

bacara wedding

Karen was so sweet and helpful with our planning process ! She had great recommendations for XO Bloom Florist and makeup artists as well. She is on top of her wedding planning and very responsive with questions or support along the way! We had the best day ever and it was a beautiful wedding

Ampersand Weddings & Events's reply:

Thank you Luke! We're so happy with how your special day at the Bacara turned out. You and Morgan are a dream couple and we wish you both a lifetime of happiness!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
    Krystal G. Sent on 10/18/2023

Perfectly executed event

Hiring the help of Ampersand Entertainment to help us with our event
    was well worth every penny spent. The team was extremely attentive to all of our wishes and executed our vision impeccably. They were extremely communicative and relieved a lot of the overwhelm I would have otherwise had. Nikki was especially kind and went above and beyond at every turn. We appreciate professionalism and great customer service, and the AE team exemplified both. Highly HIGHLY recommend utilizing their services, you will be left with a day to remember forever.

Ampersand Weddings & Events's reply:

Thank you so much Krystal! We're so glad we could help you and AC celebrate such a wonderful day stress-free! Hugs!
  • Caroline
    Caroline R. Sent on 12/27/2023
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Karen and Nikki are the best.

Karen and Nikki are the best. They are exactly who you want by your side while planning a wedding. Karen goes above and beyond and made my wedding day more spectacular than I could have ever imagined!

Ampersand Weddings & Events's reply:

Thank you so much Caroline! We had such a great time working with you, Tommy & Olive -- and the horses of course :). Much love to you and your growing family!
  • Shannon
    Shannon C. Sent on 09/14/2023

Look No Further!!

LA area brides & grooms look no further, if you're in need of a planner Ampersand entertainment is the way to go! From my initial zoom meeting with Karen we immediately connected & through our year and a half of planning she became like family.

Wedding planning can be tiring, stressful, and downright difficult. Karen helped with every detail along the way, any time we felt unsure or needed an opinion on anything we had confidence and trust in her and her recommendations. Karens knowledge, hustle, creative eye, & amazing energy made hiring her as a planner worth EVERY penny (although after realizing how much effort, expertise, and love she puts into her work I'm not sure she and her team get paid even nearly what they deserve)

I could go on and on about how amazing she was/is BUT the bottom line is if you and your future husband/wife want to actually sit back and ENJOY your wedding day I suggest hiring Karen. All of our guests & family members are still raving about how stunning & special our wedding ceremony & reception were, we continue to respond with "thank you, but we truly couldn't have done it without Karen as our planner" She is an absolute GEM of a human & beyond talented!

We are forever in debt to Ampersand Entertainment for seamlessly executing the wedding day of our dreams and for allowing us to be as worry free as humanly possible & soak in all the beauty and love that we were surrounded by on the most unforgettable day of our lives!

If you're looking for a passionate, professional, organized, have your back kind of planner -- Ampersand Entertainment is the one!!

Ampersand Weddings & Events's reply:

Thank you for such touching words, Shannon! We loved working with you and Corby... through the "Hurriquake" and all! It was a beautiful day of love. So happy to have been your planner and now friend :)
    Tina E. Sent on 09/07/2023

Fantastic extremely pleased

We loved working with Karen. Extremely professional, so easy to work with . Also so flexible . Karen also has so many amazing contacts . We really enjoyed working with her and the final out come was terrific!! Would definitely use her again!

Ampersand Weddings & Events's reply:

Thank you Tina! It was a great pleasure to work with you and your family! Can't wait for the next one xo
    Taylor W. Sent on 09/23/2023
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Best wedding planner I could ever hope for

Karen is truly amazing! She executed every detail flawlessly, making our special day stress-free and magical. Her dedication and expertise were invaluable. Grateful beyond words! Highly recommended!

Ampersand Weddings & Events's reply:

Taylor, thank you for taking the time to share your experience! We absolutely loved being a part of making your dream wedding a reality... and in such a gorgeous setting. Cheers to you and Jake!
  • F
    Fran M. Sent on 07/16/2023

The Very Best!

Karen was phenomenal to work with in planning our wedding. She was great about creating and making recommendations to our timeline and details that would make sense logistically and exceed our vision. Karen was our lifesaver for the wedding. She was very professional, caring, energetic, and extremely creative! She was super easy to work with, and we always felt calm after we discussed the many questions we had about planning our event. She was the best coordinator that we could have asked for. Karen covered every detail, and took full responsibility for the organization of our vendors. Prior to the wedding, a full agenda breakdown of the day was provided to us that explained in great detail who needed to be where and when. During the day itself, we didn’t have to worry about anything, as Karen coordinated the entire day. We cannot thank Karen enough for everything she did to make our special day perfect.
  • Olivia
    Olivia H. Sent on 09/18/2023
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Perfect planners for the perfect day!

Karen and Nikki made our wedding dreams come true - and then some!

I knew as soon as we had our intro call that Karen was the event planner I needed. We talked about my vision and budget and she made me confident in moving forward, knowing I’d have the most amazing wedding while still staying within my budget. She is knowledgeable, experienced, thoughtful, and so caring - I could tell Karen wanted my day to be perfect even as much as I did!

Karen went above and beyond - scheduling and attending my appointments, sharing pictures and examples so I could visualize as I made decisions (with her expert help!), and drawing on her endless connections to ensure I would have everything I could want. She took away all of my stress and anxiety about making my special weekend happen.

She went out of her way to deliver gorgeous bouquet centerpieces to my rehearsal dinner (and getting us the best table in the place!), stayed at the venue all day on my wedding day from 8am for setup until late into the night when we moved the party inside. Nikki and Karen quickly felt like part of the family, all while professionally keeping everything flowing on time, and making sure every detail was taken care of and perfect. The whole experience with Ampersand was special, exciting, and professional, never transactional.

My husband and I had the best weekend of our lives thanks to Ampersand, and I cannot wait to work with them again on our next event.

Ampersand Weddings & Events's reply:

Thank you so much Olivia! We're so happy to have been a part of your special day. You and Nick are such a joy! We will look forward to working with you again soon :)
    Marcie R. Sent on 07/26/2023

Malibu Expertise

If you are looking to have a Malibu wedding, Karen is THE subject matter expert! It's not a straightforward process with septic issues, parking, and permits, and I was so grateful to have Karen making sure our wedding day was a success.
    Annie G. Sent on 07/26/2023

Flawless Event Design

I had the pleasure of partnering with Karen and the Ampersand Ent. team at a gorgeous wedding in Santa Ynez last weekend. As supervisor and event planner of the catering team, I was thoroughly impressed. Karen's eye for design and detail, quick email correspondence, professional layouts, and her careful and calm demeanor on the day of ( in 97 degree weather at that) were greatly appreciated by myself and my team. I would recommend Karen to any of my future brides looking for a fabulous event planner who creates stunning events. Thank you for everything Karen, til next time!
    Jade Sent on 03/01/2021

Wonderful!

Karen was so extremely helpful in every step of planning our wedding. She was able to find the most beautiful locations / venues and has great relationships with vendors. She was always available to answer any questions and provided great feedback. We unfortunately had to cancel our wedding due to Covid but we nevertheless had the best experience with Karen and would recommend her to any couple looking to plan their perfect day.
  • Raquel
    Raquel B. Sent on 05/20/2023

Karen at Ampersand Entertainment

Karen was the most incredible wedding planner we could have ever asked for. She is so experienced and knowledgeable and connected to all the best vendors, I don’t know what we would have done without her. Our wedding ended up being perfect in every way and I know it could not have been possible without her amazing attention to detail and genuine care about providing me and my husband with everything we wanted for our special day. Karen, we could never thank you enough.
    Cindy B. Sent on 12/28/2023

Best Event Planning Service ever

We hired Ampersand Entertainment to do our son’s wedding earlier this year. It was truly a fairytale wedding! Karen found us the most perfect estate in Malibu with a beautiful ocean view! She made the process so easy for us by giving us numerous vendor choices that she hand selected and we just picked our favorites! She was extremely organized and is very detailed in her work. As the day approached, the weather turned! What was supposed to be a gorgeous sunny day in CA turned into a very wet week!
    As the wedding got closer, the forecast was 100% rain! It was a complete downpour the entire time and where I would have completely panicked, Karen had it all under control was quick to book a tent in anticipation of inclement weather. Our Plan B was even more beautiful than we had imagined, with a clear tent and simple stunning lighting! The room was so romantic filled with the candles, crystal chandeliers, incredible food and great music, as the rain fell overhead.
    The entire staff and crew worked so hard to keep everything running smoothly. Thank goodness! We had 4 reveals for our guests from the ceremony tent, to the cocktail tent, onto a lovely dinner in a 100 foot clear tent and late night was in a cozy stone house on the property. All of the guests are still talking about the wedding months later!
    This was more than we dreamed for our son Dylan and beautiful daughter in law Raquel.
    So grateful to the Ampersand Team. Can’t recommend them enough! If I could, 1000 stars!!” – Cindy Bond

Ampersand Weddings & Events's reply:

Cindy, thank you so much for sharing your experience! We are honored to have been a part of such a special day. It was a true joy working with you and your beautiful family!
    Hana A. Sent on 08/16/2023

Seamless Execution

We were referred to Karen through the original venue we had booked. However, the venue cancelled on us and Karen helped us find a beautiful venue for our wedding. Everything on the day of the wedding was executed seamlessly and Karen was very professional and courteous to our guests and overall in the process.
    Christina T. Sent on 11/21/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Kind, professional & attentive!

Karen made my dream wedding come true! My wedding was beautiful and so much more than I expected. So grateful for her help with planning the best day of my life. Thank you!
    Carrie K. Sent on 11/18/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Kind, wonderful, truly caring and highly professional planner

Hire Karen if you want to work with a genuinely good person and caring planner who will listen to all your wedding visions, dreams and worries at any hour of any given day, and magically make everything be alright no matter what. Karen is always available, goes above and beyond and executes like the highly experienced event planner she is. Her vendor recommendations were spot on, she handled all communication and coordination for both our welcome event and wedding day in Malibu, and one can easily tell that she has earned the respect and friendship of many top notch event professionals in the area. Due to some major road blocks, we almost called off our wedding twice - and we surely wouldn't have had our special day if it wasn't for Karen. She made sure we kept going, spent hours and hours finding alternatives and back-up plans all while moving forward with our original vision. We ended up having the most wonderful wedding and everything came together beautifully. Karen has become a real friend and I even cried when we parted ways the next day! Post event she even got us a partial refund from a vendor who wasn't up to her high standards for her clients. Karen is a real sweetheart and I recommend you hire her too for your wedding or event
    Brenda E. Sent on 11/03/2022

Extraordinary planner

Karen is an incredible coordinator. Time and time again when things changed or didn't go according to schedule, her flexibility & professionalism brought all the pieces back together. Her attention to detail was astounding. Everyone commented on the wedding that they'd never been to a more beautiful well put together event! Thank you KAREN & AAmpersan never seen
    Gia M. Sent on 11/14/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

She brought our vision to life!

Karen embraced the vision our daughter and her fiance had and brought it all to life! She is an expert with great contacts. Karen also stays open and flexible. When it came to spending, she knew how to guide us about where we could save some money without compromising quality and where to spend a little more. Her experience juggling classy, important, and big events in entertainment made the lead up to the wedding and the day-of seamless for our whole family. She is professional and responsive every step of the way. We have a lifetime of memories because of her. We are so grateful!
    Megan M. Sent on 06/05/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Excellent from Start to Finish!

Karen was incredible! She helped us put together our dream wedding and it was a dream come true in every way. We loved every moment of it from start to finish. Karen is kind, caring and very creative. She has an eye for beauty. She thinks super fast and in the moment and has a solution for everything! Couldn't have done it without her support, creative touch and love that she put into making our day super smooth and full of joy!
    Lisa S. Sent on 10/27/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

We used her for two events! With out a doubt they were both highly successful, and creative and Fabulous!!!!!’

We hired Karen of Ampersandentertainment for two major events and both events turned out FABULOUS! I have recommended her to all of my friends. She is fun and creative! Patient and a great listener to what we wanted.
    Has amazing ideas and follows through!
    It was nothing short of WONDERFUL and AMAZING using her!!!!! I strongly recommend her!!!
    Sarah-Jayne A. Sent on 10/25/2022

10/10 recommend!

Ampersand Entertainment did both my gender reveal and baby shower! I cannot recommend Karen and her team’s services enough! They made me feel comfortable and heard while bringing my vision to life. Each step of the process was handled with kindness and care. I honestly couldn’t have asked for a better team of professionals to make my special days even better. Karen is so sweet, down to earth and personable. I recommend her highly!
    Matt V. Sent on 05/19/2023
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Great experience for an unforgettable day

Karen was an absolutely amazing wedding planner and helped make our wedding a flawless day to remember. Her professionalism and responsiveness made the planning process very low stress and she was able to deal with any surprise situation that came up. We greatly appreciate the large number of connections she has; one of our favorite parts of the day was the amazing food served by Bruce’ Catering. We never would have even known to use them, but Karen was able to connect us with Anthony and a team of his best chefs, and they blew us away with their quality and kindness. Overall we owe Karen a massive amount of gratitude, and would recommend her to anyone!
    Ryan B. Sent on 12/21/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Karen blew it out of the water!

We had a very different vision for our wedding celebration weekend and Karen was very creative, accommodating and flexible in helping us achieve our vision. Everything was flawless and our event is something will we always remember. Thank you, Karen!
illustration stars