Amma Rhea Photo Reviews

Amma Rhea Photo 6
Amma Rhea Photo 7
  • Mary

Mary · Married on 11/24/2018

Incredible photos, wonderful personality, and extremely creative

We loved working with Amma! She answered all of our emails, and made sure everything was perfectly timed and went on schedule. On the day of, she made sure we got every picture we wanted, and allowed us to make changes and comments. Plus the pictures are so much more beautiful than we imagined!

Katherine · Married on 11/10/2018

Amma is the best!

Amma is an amazing photographer to work with! She has an incredible vision and a fun personality. She beared the cold with us for both our engagement photos and our wedding day, made us feel comfortable, and gave us great direction. Words can't describe how beautiful her photos are. She is so creative in the way she uses the surrounding environment, she is always where the action is, and she is a joy to be around. Amma captured every special moment throughout our wedding day and we can't thank her enough!

Grace · Married on 10/06/2018

Awesome Photographer!

Amma is an amazing photographer!! We used her for our engagement and wedding photos and she did not miss a beat! Not only did she keep us organized and put us at ease but she does it all with a smile and sense of humor as well! She captured some breathtaking photos (especially central park on the rock & the lift + kiss outside our venue!) that my husband and I will cherish forever. She was always responsive and took action when needed (ie clearing people out of the way or corralling family members) so that everything during the wedding day was easy and fun for us! Can't wait to use her again! xo sam & grace

Annie · Married on 08/18/2018

I literally can't express how amazed and extremely happy we were to have had Amma capture our wedding day. From the moment we had our first interaction I knew she was the perfect and I mean PERFECT person for the job. Ben and I haven't even gotten all our photos back yet and we are already BLOWN away at what we have seen, in the blog alone she captured moments that were so near and dear to us on that day that it made both of us not only tear up but speechless and well that is very hard to do! We didn't have the ideal weather, it literally downpoured and thundered as I walked down the aisle but Amma was there the entire time and didn't even mention the idea of moving inside. I could literally go on and on about how much Amma is the absolute best photographer I have come across and I have been in, counting my own, 14 weddings and she has blown every photographer I have been involved with out of the water. Thank you so much Amma for capturing such a wonderful day for us, I couldn't imagine it without you! <3

Stephanie · Married on 08/11/2018

One month later, and I still cannot fully put into words how appreciative I am of Amma. From our first meeting through our wedding, Amma was communicative, vibrant, professional, and an overall pleasure to work with. A photographer that captured bright, natural, photos was very important to us and the pictures that we have seen so far have already blown us away! We also wanted to find someone who knew how to take charge without being overbearing. Amma gave wonderful direction and ensured that we got the photos that were on our must have list. I also was very impressed by our second shooter, Oliva Gird, and how well her and Amma meshed.

I could go on and on about how thankful I am that we came across Amma. She was willing to do whatever it took (including digging a bug out from the layers of my dress - picture included for proof :)) and I can't wait to see our entire album. Thank you so much for making our photography dream come true!

Amma Rhea Photo 8
    Amma Rhea Photo 9
    Amma Rhea Photo 10
    Amma Rhea Photo 11

Danielle · Married on 07/28/2018

Amma is amazing. Jeremy and I got married in Mystic and we wanted a photographer from the area. We came across Amma Rhea Photography and after meeting her we knew she was the perfect fit for us. Amma’s personality is fun, warm and makes you feel very comfortable around her! Honestly, I felt like I had known her for years. Although it was her personality that originally intrigued us, it wasn’t until after we had our engagement photos done that we realized how truly talented Amma is. We knew we were in good hands for our wedding!! Our wedding photos are stunning. She has a way with color and sunlight to really bring the pictures alive and she captures all the precious moments of the night. I’m so pleased we found you, Amma. You are a great spirit and wonderful photographer! Thank you!!!

Catie · Married on 07/21/2018

By far Amma was the best vendor we worked with and we can not recommend her enough! Her experience really shines through and was invaluable when we had issues trying to figure out timing during the day. When you hire Amma you not only get an amazing photographer, but someone to help you look at the logistics of the day and someone you can bounce ideas off of, no matter how crazy! If you're lucky enough to have Amma on your team, I guarantee you will not only have the best wedding photos but the most relaxing day knowing she is there to make your day special.

Amanda · Married on 07/14/2018

Amma is by far the best! I am so thankful my husband picked her as the photographer to shoot our surprise proposal. Ever since that day it has been nothing short of great working with her. Amma is sweet, personable, and extremely talented. As far as our wedding day, she made us both feel so comfortable and everyone fell in love with her! She is professional and has a special way of making everything seem so easy. We can’t stop staring at our photos they are so amazing and can’t wait to work with her again in the future!

Emily · Married on 06/02/2018

Amma was incredible to work with and I am obsessed with how my wedding photos came out! It was pouring rain during the first part of our wedding day and she didn’t miss a beat. I feel a little awkward in front of a camera and she made us feel so relaxed. She was friendly and so easy to work with. Friends and family are still commenting about how well the pictures turned out. I highly recommend choosing Amma as your wedding photographer!!

Stephanie · Married on 05/05/2018

Amma was the perfect photographer for us! She captured us beautifully! She did both our engagement shoot and our wedding day photos. She was so easy and fun to work with. She is beyond talented and we couldn't be happier with our photos! I can't believe how amazing they've turned out. We can't wait to work with Amma again!

Amma Rhea Photo 12
    Amma Rhea Photo 18
    Amma Rhea Photo 19
    Amma Rhea Photo 20

Angela · Married on 04/28/2018

When I was initially looking for a wedding photographer I wanted to find someone who was both talented and fun to be around - lucky for us, Amma is both (and more)!

From our engagement shoot to our actual wedding day, Amma remained in constant contact with us to either iron out wedding day details or just to say hi.

On the night of my wedding there was a small hiccup in the timeline and Amma did not hesitate to stay late for one second. That really meant a lot to me and my husband and we truly cannot thank her enough for that.

We received both our engagement and wedding photos so quickly and are in love with them all. Amma and her second photographer, Olivia captured our wedding day perfectly.

If you are looking for a photographer who is organized, talented, creative, and full of positive energy look no further and BOOK AMMA RHEA PHOTOGRAPHY! <3

Perri · Married on 10/18/2017

Amma was AMAZING for our wedding. She was great to work with from the first time I emailed her til after the wedding. She photographed our rehearsal dinner as well as our wedding and so far the photos we've seen (from her blog post) we are extremely happy with it. She also did our engagement photos (part of the package) and they came out so great!

She was so flexible the day of and easy to work with. If you live in the new england area and don't book Amma, you are booking the wrong photographer!!!!

Sent on 10/29/2017

Amma Rhea Photo's reply:

Perri! You are the best- thanks for the kind words and taking the time to leave us a review. Wishing you two all the best!! xx

Hayley · Married on 10/07/2017

Amma has been wonderful since the moment we booked her (in a pinch!) Traveling from CT to MA shows true dedication to her career. Not to mention the many thoughtful gifts we would never expect or receive from another photographer. She even rushed our photo production due to a death in the family. I highly recommend her to any future brides. We can’t thank you enough!

Lorell · Married on 09/16/2017

We had such an amazing experience with Amma. She is so sweet and fun to work with and our pictures are absolutely amazing. Our friends and family all comment on how great they look and many said they wish they’d used her for their pics. She definitely completed our perfect day.

Jonathan · Married on 09/18/2016

She is really creative and artsy!

Jessica · Married on 05/28/2016

Beautiful style, easy to work with, highly recommend!

Sara · Married on 04/24/2016

Amma was my 1st Choice when it came to photographing my Martha's Vineyard Wedding in 2016. Not only did my husband and I feel comfortable with her from the moment we met, but her way of capturing our interactions made our photos above our expectations! Amma listened to our short list of requests and included her own creativity which is exactly what I was looking for. She is not scared of any type of "adventure" when taking photos, including sneaking our way onto a cute private dock in my wedding dress and heels! I 100% recommend Amma for any photography needs, you will not be disappointed.

Allison · Married on 09/07/2013

Amma and her team did an AMAZING job at my wedding. My family and I still look at the photos and talk about how wonderful they are and how fortunate I was to find Amma. Not only did she photograph my wedding but she also did a boudoir session and when I wanted to try a different kind of lighting she kindly had me come back for more photos to ensure I was happy with the end result. She was super accommodating and was always available when I needed her. She took great posed shots but took even better natural shots that truly captured the moment. There are photos that I look back on and know will be timeless for my children to look at. I cannot recommend her enough!