Ameristar Casino Reviews

10 Reviews for Ameristar Casino

• Kathryn

Kathryn S. · Married on 10/25/2020

Fan-freaking-tastic

If you are searching - SEEK NO FURTHER. The Ameristar was amazing for our venue. I cannot express enough about how great this venue was. We did the rooftop wedding and had our reception in the Ryse Night club. I began planning this wedding back in early 2019 and I requested multiple visits to ensure this was the right place for our wedding. Jodie was very prompt with replies, super kind, and accommodating. I almost feel as if no was never an answer that could come from them in response to a request I was making for our wedding. Once Jodie and I finalized the booking, Samantha took over to help us see our perfect day through. Although I had a day of coordinator - Samantha and her assistant Jill were there every step of the way ensuring everything was perfect! Our timeline, our process, EVERYTHING went off without a hiccup. My husband and I could not have been any happier with the services we were given. The chef at our tasting made it a fun experience and they even remember the little things from our initial remarks about our thought with their food by remembering our personal favorites and taste preferences.The food was AMAZING and unlike any wedding venue food I have ever had before. The service was impeccable! Their servers and bartenders were so pleasant and were genuinely excited that we were there, thanking us for picking them. I expected just a buffet style service but it did not stop there - there was waiters coming to tables to service drink needs, give out cake, and take drink orders. I was blown away. I ordered a drink and had a slightly different preference and Jill jumped in to make sure it was perfect and waiting for me at our sweetheart table. Not only that but they were very reasonable with their pricing and I felt we got much more than what we paid for. There are endless spots of great photo opportunities and the Ryse night club really brought an elegant feel to our wedding. Our guests loved the venue idea - when the party ended in the night club it started back up in the casino! We made a whole weekend of it here and we could not be happier with the services. Thank you so so much Jodie and Samantha!

Sent on 11/01/2020

Carole · Married on 01/03/2015

Our daughter's reception was held in the Discovery Ballroom on Jan 3, 2015. What a wonderful evening it was! We had so many compliments on the venue including the overall look of the ballroom, the food, the attentive staff, and virtually every aspect provided by Ameristar. Samantha was absolutely terrific in handling all the details and responding promptly to our requests. Nothing seemed to faze her! She was so pleasant to work with, and seemed to enjoy the planning process as much as we did! She had practical and creative suggestions for all our needs. The floor captain and staff were also very helpful and easy to work with. They provided every detail stated in our contract and more. This is our third (and last) daughter's wedding, and I have to say that this was the easiest and most fun experience we've had. I would highly recommend using Ameristar for a reception, party, or any celebration. Thank you Samantha and staff for a job well done! Carole Allen

Sent on 01/06/2015

So professional! Great food, great service, and great venue. Our wedding was a huge hit in Home Night Club!

Sent on 10/21/2014

Katlyn · Married on 10/13/2012

We had our wedding at Home Nightclub. I wanted something different. Something warm and cozy and a venue I could do everything in one spot. Jodi was amazing! We couldn't of done any of this without her. The food was amazing. We had pork tenderloin with mashed potatoes and mixed vegetables and a million different kinds of rolls. Another plus to the site is there are a bunch of other places to go after within the building so people don't have to drink and drive and they can also stay in the hotel as well. My wedding was everything I hoped and dreamed of. All of my vendors were awesome and works cry well with each other. We also had Rockstar Dj, Sarah's cake shop, and Mirage photography.

Sent on 10/16/2012

LOVE LOVE LOVE AMERISTAR! My husband and I absolutely loved Ameristar and the employees. The space is beautiful and stylish! They were so great to work with and so helpful. If we could get married again we would still choose Ameristar for our reception. The Food was amazing! It's been over a year since our wedding and people are still talking about how much fun they had at our reception! The only glitch we had at Ameristar is that the bride and groom have to have their id's to get served alcohol. Which pist us off because our ids were in our room at the hotel all the way across the casino. So we missed out on 30 mins of our party to go fetch our ids from the hotel room. I would highly recommend Ameristar, just remember to have your id with you if you plan on drinking.

Sent on 08/20/2012

We had a lot of family and friends coming in from out of town, so we really wanted to be able to have the entire wedding in one place. My husband used to film weddings, so we were also looking for something very unique, not your typical banquet hall. The Ameristar couldn't have been more perfect. We were able to have our ceremony outside on their beautiful event lawn, and our reception was held in the Nightclub. So many people gave us compliments on the venue. And all of our guests are still talking about how much fun they had and how good the food was. Especially the guests who stayed at the hotel and got to enjoy all the amenities (restaurants, casino, arcade, pool, spa). My husband and I were even able to get a massage at the spa the day of our wedding, which I highly recommend to every bride and groom!
    Jodie and Samantha were so helpful in all the aspects of planning, they helped make my part easier.
    The only complaint we have was the hotel seemed a bit more out of the loop than we thought they would be, but that is tiny compared to how amazing the rest of the day went.

Sent on 12/03/2013

We chose the HOME event space due to its unique atmosphere and its amazing dance floor. (after all it’s a former nightclub.) Also, it is totally forth including the lighting in your package as it adds a lot to the venue. Our parents and we were extremely satisfied with every aspect of the event. The staff was very polite, prompt and accommodating.
    The only issue arose when Jodie (our coordinator) was honest. We chose to close the bar for a short period between the cocktail hour and dinner and it was apparently closed a little longer than were agreed on. So, they approached my father and I and offered to keep the bar open that extra period of time or refund the money. We opted to keep it open. Everyone was disappointed when the last song came on because they didn’t want the party to stop.

Sent on 04/23/2013

Ly · Married on 06/26/2011

3.5

Great service, Jodie was the one was in charge for my wedding was very professional, even though our reception was vietnames- chinese tradition and she helped us to find and plan the reception.

Sent on 03/22/2012

Leigh A. · Married on 03/10/2012

4.2

We loved our reception site at the Nightclub at Ameristar Casino Casino and Spa! It was totatlly unique and nontraditional, which was just our style!

Sent on 04/08/2012

Rachel · Married on 10/02/2010

3.5

Our ceremony and reception here was beautiful. The venue itself is very modern and attractive. The service from our servers during the reception was outstanding, but there were a few times during the evening where we needed assistance but there were no catering managers to be found. The bridal party had to clean up the ceremony before the reception started because we couldn't find any staff from Ameristar to help out. It is somewhat expensive to host a wedding here, but you do get what you pay for, so overall we were pleased with the venue. The food was absolutely delicious and the overall event was a success.

Sent on 10/19/2010