American Floral Reviews

American Floral 5
American Floral 6
American Floral 7

Heather · Married on 10/10/2009

Scott was incredible. Very easy to work with, even when I started to enter panic mode a few weeks before the wedding. I pretty much just left everything in his hands. And I am glad I did! All of our bouquets and arrangements were breathtaking! He did a magnificent job! My pictures look so incredible with these beautiful flowers!

Sent on 10/25/2009

Elizabeth · Married on 12/31/2008

We can't say enough about Scott Jones and his staff at American Floral! We went in to see them in the early stages of planning the wedding with ideas of what we wanted. Scott was so easy to talk! By the time we left, we were laughing like old friends. Scott, Jeff and the rest of the staff took our ideas and brought them to life with an expertise that was astounding. The arrangements were absolutely beautiful and went beyond our expectations. We are still receiving compliments from our guests. Along with the arrangements that were discussed, we found several little surprising touches during the wedding and reception that really stood out, such as an arrangement and petals in the ladies' room. We couldn't be more pleased, and will continue to use American Floral for all of our flower needs in the future.

Sent on 01/27/2009

Lauren · Married on 07/19/2008

I can not say enough about Scott and American Floral. I was soo paranoid during the planning process about what the flowers would look like. I knew the colors I liked and a couple of flowers but not much detail. Scott assured me not to worry but I still did. When that van pulled up the day of the wedding....I freaked out!!!!! I cried b/c they were more amazing than I imagined! Everyone at the wedding raved and throughout the maddness of that day...I still found myself staring at my bouquet and the other arrangements!! They also worked with my tough budget with no problem!

Sent on 08/22/2008

Staci · Married on 05/17/2008

GORGEOUS wedding flowers. I am sure I drove Scott crazy with changing dates and seasons for my wedding, but he was wonderful. I finally just told him my favorite flowers and told him to go with it. They turned out beautifully!

Sent on 07/07/2008

Sarah · Married on 12/15/2007

All of the flowers were gorgeous! When the flower that I originally wanted my bridesmaid to carry turned out to be very expensive, they gave lots of other options that would give the same effect at a fraction of the cost. Very helpful!

Sent on 03/18/2009
  • W

Wendy · Married on 08/27/2005

Scott was so helpful!! I really didn't have a clue as to the kind of flowers I wanted. I just knew what I didn't want! He was patient and understood my concerns about cost (my fiance and I were paying for our entire wedding ourselves). In the end, he came up with gorgeous flowers for my wedding and reception and it barely put a dent in our budget!!

Sent on 06/04/2008
  • Allison

Allison · Married on 08/06/2011

LOVED Scott and his team! Our flowers were absolutely beautiful. The wedding cake didn't turn out how I had wanted it, and Scott helped one of my friends and me rearrange it on the cake table and adding a few flowers to make its blemishes less noticeable. Scott is a joy to work with and helped make wedding planning much less stressful.

Sent on 09/07/2011

American Floral's reply:

Thank you SO much !! Some times things happen...I'm just glad I was there to help !!! Best Wishes !!!

Gibson · Married on 12/17/2016

Scott Jones and the American Floral team wowed me! I was blown away over how beautiful my flowers were. He understood the vision that I had, and executed it! He was also so helpful and responsive throughout the planning process. I was planning the wedding from out-of-state, and Scott was so helpful with suggesting other vendors that we might need and helping with a last minute issue with our unity candle. He provided quality, beautiful flowers!

Sent on 12/19/2016

Janean · Married on 03/19/2016

The whole American Floral team did an amazing job! I contacted them with very short notice (two weeks) needing flowers for my wedding and they helped me decide on a bouquet for myself and my three bridesmaids.

Sent on 05/31/2016

Amber · Married on 08/31/2014

Scott is THE best! We met with another florist early on who wasn't attentive or easy to get responses from. American Floral is totally the opposite. Scott emailed or called me to answer questions I had immediately, and was incredibly easy to work with. He gave us ideas, but was 100% about getting us what we wanted. The day of the wedding I was blown away by the work he did. My bouquet was more than I dreamed of, and the flower pieces he put together for our ceremony and reception got compliments all night long. Since it was so hot out, Scott made two trips to my venue the day of to ensure my flowers would look great come time for the ceremony. I would recommend everyone to work with American Floral, because not only will you get beautiful flowers, Scott will treat you like a good friend! I honestly can't say enough of how happy I am that I got to work with him!

Sent on 09/13/2014

Amanda · Married on 09/22/2012

Scott and his team make beautiful arrangements and they make you feel like a princess even amongst the crazy wedding planning. My bouquets were stunning and brought together exactly the feel we wanted for our garden wedding. These guys know the wedding business in their region and really come prepared and experienced! Thanks so much!

Sent on 10/01/2012
  • Shannon C

Shannon · Married on 05/14/2011

While they were pretty, the arrangements weren't quite what we asked for. The delphiniums were placed in the wrong bouquet and the bouquets weren't quite what I was expecting. Pretty, but different.

I really expected more out of the mason jar arrangements which consisted of two hydrangea bunches in a mason jar with two pieces of ribbon glued criss cross to the bottom. These we hung from shepherds hooks. These two arrangements were $75 which was pricey for what it was.

As for the flowers themselves, some of the flowers were dying the same day, while a few others were still very pretty all through our honeymoon.

Sent on 05/21/2011

Erica · Married on 11/07/2007

Their arrangements where amazing but we found ourselves going over our budget.I would not hesitate to do business with them again though we received everything and our flowers where a smash hit at our wedding.

Sent on 02/08/2010

Natalie · Married on 11/14/2009

I ended up going with American Floral because Scott seemed to be able to see right into my brain. He produced exactly what I wanted! I ended up going over budget because let's face it, flowers are expensive, but they gave me more flowers than I expected and they were beautiful.

Sent on 12/01/2009

Alfred · Married on 04/06/2009

American Floral has a lot of great traditional designs on some of their flowers.I loved the look of their roses and they really are inexpensive.I highly recommend setting things up through their website.

Sent on 12/10/2009

3.8
      3.0

I had a few small bumps with this florist, my bridal bouquet was incorrect and I didn't receive a final quote prior to the florist purchasing the flowers which I was upset about. However, on my wedding day my flowers were absolutely gorgeous!!

Sent on 08/04/2015
  • Dulcinea_Cuellar

Dulcinea · Married on 04/20/2012

3.4
      3.5

I will tell you both my fiance (now husband) were both extremly disappointed with the service we recieved from American Floral.

We live out of town so our time was limited to meet with florists. American Floral was one of three florists in Irmo/Columbia we met with. We chose them because they were prompt get back to us and had beautiful ideas on how we could transform our venue. We also appreciate they were "hometown" and had done our wedding venue several times.

I understand floral costs can change with what flowers are in season. However, after being very clear on what we wanted, my bridal bouquet was different than the origional photo. At times, I grew very frustrated with the owners my fiance (now husband) spoke with them instead. When speaking with the owner from time to time, he was very offensive and at one time saying "I have brides coming and and out of my store all the time, it won't hurt my feelings if you don't do business with me." A statement like that is rude and has no business coming out the mouth of someone who is driven by customer satisfaction.

To be fair, all the flowers were beautiful. However, my bridal bouquet was not what we were promised and therefore, I feel misled.

Perhaps we didn't spend enough money on flowers?

I did have a conversation with our wedding planner about American Floral, we will not reccommend them for future use.

Sent on 05/23/2012

Kimberely · Married on 10/25/2008

3.0

I contacted Scott Jones of American Floral in Irmo, South Carolina. He was flexible on working with me from long distance. He was kind and approachable. I wanted simple flowers with not a lot of detail. They had many books to go through for me to pick out the florals that I had in mind. There were a few bits of miscommunication. During one of my visits in town, I sat down and talked to him about details. One of my main concerns was price. Once we talked about what I was looking for, he put together an estimate and got back with me later that day with the quote. Just a warning to all you brides out there. Supposedly, there are two prices. And the price he gave me was a "groom's rate"? I did not find out that I owed an additional $895 until a week before my wedding when he told me I needed to pay a remainder of my bill. Even when I gave my credit card information, never was there a mention of an additional charge until a week before the wedding. Which every bride will find out there is no time for additional last minute changes in florists or prices. I just wanted to mention this to you brides to make sure you ask for the "bride's rate" as well as the "groom's rate" when talking to a florist, so that there are no unexpected surprises.

My colors were ivory and black, so we went with Virginia Roses because they are mostly ivory in color. The vendor showed up to the site with the ivory flowers, but white ribbons were used to tie all the bouquets, bouteonniers, and corsages instead of my color ivory. I had to pull all the ribbons off the arrangements last minute in a wedding dress and go without ribbon detail.

The vendor offered to make a garland for the flower girls instead of the traditional rose petals. Also a floral collar for my dog. Both of these arrangements came out beautiful and were both unique unexpected ideas for a wedding. It was a sweet touch and a great idea from the vendor.

I hope this detail helps you brides in getting the best service from your florist.

Sent on 11/21/2008

Kari · Married on 10/24/2009

2.6
      1.0
      2.5

Good florist, nice quality, very expensive.

Sent on 11/11/2009